PDA

View Full Version : Calling All Old Timers

katbtodd
03-18-15, 03:23 AM
As old timers we could help the beginner players ,I started in Oct 2012 and yet I knew nothing about the forum ,until some body told me how helpful it was , and that was during Valentine Event of 2013 .I have learn a lot and have come along way, I have wonderful neighbors, and a lot of them were ones I was helping , and I still have niegbors that will send a newbie to me cuz they know I can help them .

I wondering how many of us old timer are left.
No matter what TL/S8 through at us we seem to hang tight Like I read the other day,We know what it was like to wait weeks even months for an up date . So we seem to know how to keep our selfs interested in the game until an up date shows up with our own personal goals .

ShibuyaCloth
03-18-15, 03:42 AM
Just posting here and be a regular player will attract newbies like bees on a honey pot. I get several request a week from <20 level players. Now I purge my neighbor list once a year during spring cleaning ;), mostly <50 players.

queentina3
03-18-15, 03:56 AM
I'm an old timer and grabbed the game as soon as TL made it available in the App Store. I remember reading Maguar's posts and wishing they'd hurry up and offer us the game as well. I was so jealous. :o

Then I took a break as I was annoyed at the level cap and a few other things, so now am playing catch-up.

But yes, through all the "issues" and all the "breaks", I always come back due to the friends I've made and the fun I do have playing the games. :)

Scarletfyr
03-18-15, 04:04 AM
I too have been playing since the beginning , I think. Not sure when they all started, Restaurant story,Castle, DS, and tried lots others. Took a 6 month hiatus due to never received a single reimbursement from gold traps, missing, items....you know what I mean. Castle Story has always treated me pretty well. For players struggling with tulips, I have not even bothered trying to collect from flowers(except what I always collect.) I have had great success with fighting foes. I even lost 500 tulips but quickly got them back by planting strawberries that trigger Dire Bull and collecting from farm animals trigger Fang Beast. I also love my 500 dragon families.

katbtodd
03-18-15, 04:05 AM
Just posting here and be a regular player will attract newbies like bees on a honey pot. I get several request a week from <20 level players. Now I purge my neighbor list once a year during spring cleaning ;), mostly <50 players.

I go through my list every time there is a big event like now. I have found 8 that has not got the garden so I post on there walls and then give them a few days then I remove. We all know we need to keep active neighbors

katbtodd
03-18-15, 04:06 AM
I'm an old timer and grabbed the game as soon as TL made it available in the App Store. I remember reading Maguar's posts and wishing they'd hurry up and offer us the game as well. I was so jealous. :o

Then I took a break as I was annoyed at the level cap and a few other things, so now am playing catch-up.

But yes, through all the "issues" and all the "breaks", I always come back due to the friends I've made and the fun I do have playing the games. :)

Welcome back!

mamareader02
03-18-15, 04:18 AM
Still one of my fave games,love the real friends I've made ,got so hooked I made a FB page (which I sometimes forget my password for,lol)met a great group of players on there,now a small group of us chat beyond the FB page

katbtodd
03-18-15, 04:26 AM
Still one of my fave games,love the real friends I've made ,got so hooked I made a FB page (which I sometimes forget my password for,lol)met a great group of players on there,now a small group of us chat beyond the FB page

Yes we do..you ought add a Vice President to you page and give them the pass word too so you won't lock your self out .heheh

shambalaya
03-18-15, 05:01 AM
I started around the first of February 2013, when I was prompted to install the Valentines edition in Jewel Mania. I thought I was just playing for the gems, so to my everlasting regret I spent my 20 free beginner gems on energy, yes energy that would have refilled in 36 minutes! Well, I'm still here. The storyline is what keeps me here, since otherwise CS has become a hoarders game for me, not really my thing - I like to avoid accumulating things I don't need and give/throw away things I didn't use for a year or so.
I play a lot and I think I've read EVERY single forum post (I should go confess in the CS anonymous thread, lol), but this is just the best game out there. It's cute, entertaining and engaging and has a great community full of nice, funny and helpful people. Thank you all! :D

Jir67
03-18-15, 05:57 AM
I started playin CS on 2012 , just after get my first I Iphone,
I found this forum late, so I go through many quest alone...

katbtodd
03-18-15, 06:20 AM
I started playin CS on 2012 , just after get my first I Iphone,
I found this forum late, so I go through many quest alone...

Took me awhile to find the forum too, still think if no body told me about it ,I wouldn't know about it ,

dragon2046
03-18-15, 06:27 AM
I started playing sometime in 2012 but didn't find the forum right away either. Love the game and love the forum lots of time and money invested. (More than I care to admit) lol.

Liloze
03-18-15, 07:52 AM
I don't know if I am considered as old timer as everyone who started in 2012.
I started directly after Valentine's event 2013, ( yes missed the very much coveted Love Shack )
I still have in my Inventory the love stone, kissing dust and some other items, sent by nbrs, to taunt me :o
Did not join the forum until I was told about it, months later, like many here.
I am addicted to this game, I simply love it.
I invested time and money in it, and not regretting any of it :)
I made friends through this game, and I read the forum daily, for me it is wayyyy better than the news lol :D

spikerogers
03-18-15, 08:00 AM
I started playing in time for the Valentine's edition in 2013. I find the game very relaxing. Eventually, I talked my husband into giving it a try. He likes it as much as I do. I play for him while he is at work.

lisman
03-18-15, 12:50 PM
I remeber playing monster story (loved it) and then CS pop up and have played it ever since and that was sometime in 2012. I found this forum when i was googling about a quest I was having problem with, then I was lurking a short time reading post but then I just had to join in with all the finans have never regreted it I just love it here

parlski
03-18-15, 02:31 PM
November 2012 is when I started,... whipper-snappers.
I come here often when inquiring about what is needed next for quests.

fluffybutter007
03-18-15, 05:00 PM
I started playing in October 2012 and found the forum during the 2013 Christmas limited time goals. I managed to finish every goal before knowing about the forum, but now that I'm on it, limited time goals/events are so much easier (and more fun since I can plan ahead of time and not stress out as much). Every now and then I'll post on my friends walls to let them know about the forum. I figure since it's so helpful, everybody should know about it. :)

valmommy
03-18-15, 08:27 PM
I've been playing CS ever since TL/S8 warned ALL of us that played TS that it was getting deleted & CS was taking its place. That was a shame because TS and so much more storyline potential. :-( I also didn't know about the forum for quite awhile. I am so thankful for it! Thank you mods for all your hard work putting it together & KEEPING it updated! <3

TeaCupPiggies
03-18-15, 08:43 PM
My wife started at the beginning of February 2013. After a few weeks of looking over her shoulder I started playing too. We have both been at level 50 for quite a while and our daughter is level 34 (she has quite a few other activities to distract her).
I have found the forum to be very helpful over the past 2 years and try not to pay to much attention to the rants about how unfair the latest update is.

jbfps116
03-19-15, 12:50 AM
I started in the summer of 2013 and my first community event was the Pyre Mission, so I don't know if I count as an "oldie,' and unfortunately started too late to have the valentine's 2013 or the dragon special missions but I am an avid player and am at level 44 now. I participate in every mission and never have unfinished buildings etc. While I think CS has some issues with a "It's too bad for you" customer service, it's the best game if its genre I've been able to find!
Feel free to visit me or ask questions!
ID: jbfps116
@ Glisten Grove!

sunnygirl634
03-19-15, 05:04 AM
I started in August of 2013. I found the forums a few months later. I needed help and did a Google search. They really should advertise this forum in their Help/FAQ section. I can't believe that I'll hit 2 years this summer!

I love this game. Even with all the ups and downs, I can't tear myself away!

Elen4070
03-19-15, 05:47 AM
Started as soon as it came out. Before september 2012 i think. Loved it and still do.

mamareader02
03-19-15, 07:31 AM
Yes we do..you ought add a Vice President to you page and give them the pass word too so you won't lock your self out .heheh

So you volunteering?i always thought you'd be better at keeping it up,I just wanted to make the page,not be in control,lol!

katbtodd
03-19-15, 08:01 AM
So you volunteering?i always thought you'd be better at keeping it up,I just wanted to make the page,not be in control,lol!

Your to cute

zoeee87
03-19-15, 04:42 PM
I started by playing Home design Story.. And thenwhen Castle story launched I hopped on the band wagon. So I've been here since the beginning. Kinda crazy to think about how how long I've been addicted to this game. I used to play other games, but now it's just castle story. I kinda am on the fence about the wonderland game..

Anyway- I stunpled across the forum one day doing a Google search.. I've met some pretty cool people through the forum and I like that we are all so invested in the game, it's like our baby! So sometimes I get "frustrated" when people say "it's just a FREE game". Umm.. No.. I've spent a lot of money and time dedicated to this game, and I love it. And when you've put this much time, money and effort it's a little offensive.

I don't do a whole lot of posting on the forum, because, honesty I'm not that clever.. Lol

Em_storm
03-19-15, 07:26 PM
I too started on Home Design, right after I got my first iPhone. Little did I know what I was in for when I installed Castle. I came to the forum around the time of the November 2012 Thanksgiving event and though I don't always post, it has been a continual source of information and entertainment. :)

Chaotarch
03-21-15, 04:47 AM
sadly a post-love-shack-player:mad: must be june...
installing for gold in jewelmania, lol, jewelmania makes me crazy at lv180 or higher dont know anymore, so i quit:o

now cs the only game i play daily

zaccy678
03-21-15, 12:40 PM

Ditto :o
After quitting for about 18 months I started up again end of last year.

I'll be taking another break soon though- partly because of work increasing, partly because the annoyance factor is overtaking the fun factor again for me :(

Anaboe
03-21-15, 06:03 PM
Started out with Bakery Story somewhere in 2012. Then Restaurant Story, Farm Story, Pet Shop Story, Slots, Mysteriy Story, Dragon Story, Fashion Story, and Castle Story somewhere in october 2013 (I got my first iPad then, before I only played on Android). So I also missed out on the Love Shack. Played all other games TL suggested, most of them dissapeared from my device as soon as I reached the goals. If you like 3-in-a-row games, Fish Mania is quite a good one (but also with gemtrap).

I still play Fashion Story, Dragon Story, Bakery Story, Restaurant Story, Fish Mania and, of course, Castle Story. In Farm Story I've mastered all crops, and there's nothing left for me to do there, but my neighbours liked me to stay, so sometimes I still play, tho there hasn't been an update in almost 2 years and I don't like to decorate (I'm not creative at all).

I'm a hoarder, a collecter and a goal-chaser, so in all these games, I never missed out on a event, or the last goal of a world event, or a Tournament and got as much useless items as possible (got spare Alicorn shoe and horn polis for example).

I tried to be helpfull at these fora, but I seem to break the rules now and than (tho imo I don't), but ok, I accept it. This has made me fearfull of posting on these fora, because I feel like I can't speak my mind. Freedom of speach isn't here guaranteed, but then again, they don't have to allow it, it's their fora.

I accept all neighbours lvl 15+ (I've found out that those below often are just gold/gem-hunters and quit as soon as they reach lvl 15), and try to help whomever, wherever, whenever I can :) Just cleared out my neighborlist: I had 460+ neighbors, now "just" 260 left.