PDA

View Full Version : No New Animal? No New Tournament?

FigmentValley
03-17-15, 11:40 AM
Today is a total rarity - I am off for the next week and actually looked forward to a new tournament. Add to that, the shamrock coins gathered from successful battles would be nice.

So, it figures that this will also be the rare time when TL decides to skip a week.

I can't win.

Sigh.

:(

Anybody get anything?

ArcadiaTofu
03-17-15, 11:44 AM
Nope. Nothing on my end either.

ninasidstorm8
03-17-15, 11:45 AM
Today is a total rarity - I am off for the next week and actually looked forward to a new tournament. Add to that, the shamrock coins gathered from successful battles would be nice.

So, it figures that this will also be the rare time when TL decides to skip a week.

I can't win.

Sigh.

:(

Anybody get anything?

The only thing different I can see is a sale on the Emerald Dragon, 50% off. Maybe the update is late.

FigmentValley
03-17-15, 11:47 AM
I do not have that sale.....

Drachenia
03-17-15, 11:50 AM
I live in Germany, I have not a tournament or a new animal. Only the Emerald Dragon is on the market 50% cheaper to buy.

readysetgo888
03-17-15, 11:57 AM
Lol so many people have been saying for months how much they wanted a week off from anything new. Personally I think it's good to have a break, especially with many people still needing to try for the one week limited great danebow.

They alternate weeks on the tournaments... We should get another one next Tuesday.

Drachenia
03-17-15, 12:05 PM
Lol so many people have been saying for months how much they wanted a week off from anything new. Personally I think it's good to have a break, especially with many people still needing to try for the one week limited great danebow.

They alternate weeks on the tournaments... We should get another one next Tuesday.

Hi I have all the animals, I can not breeding. I need a new task to breed :( :(

PernReloaded
03-17-15, 12:06 PM
We ~just had~ a tournament where we earned coins and the like for the event. I'm pretty certain if one happens, it will be next week.

Thank goodness. I both need to try for the rainbow, and I'm still really, really sore over losing that Land Shark :/

Actually with so many people upset with how hard the last tournament was, they might be recalculating things for tournaments. I wonder...

FigmentValley
03-17-15, 12:06 PM
Yes, they alternate them. It has been two weeks now.

Flash tournaments are notorious for me -I have never won one. They usually come at a wretched time in my work schedule and, for some reason, recommended epic animals cannot win for me. I prefer regular tournaments.

Normally I would be happy either way - play a tournament or wait an extra week. Except right now, for a rather unique reason, I have the time and looked forward to playing a tournament. I am faced with sitting quietly for days on end for a week or so, monitoring experiments. A tournament would have been a welcome distraction.

As I said.... It just figures. The best time for me, personally, lines up with an anomaly from TL. HA. Sigh.

I have lots of books. I love to read. If there is no game to occupy me, I shall simply read an extra book or two. It is not a big deal. I just had looked forward to it - thinking that for once, it came at a perfect time.

Then it failed to materialize. Sigh again.

PernReloaded
03-17-15, 12:11 PM
I can understand being upset. But I would swear that the flash tournament was last weekend, not two weeks ago - I earned coins from it, and the event hasn't been going on for two weeks, only one.

But oh, well. Being off is nice during a tournament with that extra time.

VenomDragon1
03-17-15, 12:13 PM
I'm very happy to have a break.... the constant updates have been driving me crazy. :)

readysetgo888
03-17-15, 12:18 PM
The flash tournament was just this past weekend and they've been very consistent recently with when they do tournaments. We should see a regular length one starting next Tuesday.

And most of us are not completely out of animals to breed because we don't always speed breed lol. It's good to have a breather from the constant new animals to try to catch up, especially with a one week limited animal currently out, and the Mardi Claw which will probably go limited in the next week. Most of us definitely don't have all the animals so I think most people will probably be grateful for the lack of anything new... and particularly, the lack of anything limited.

EviBrooklyn
03-17-15, 12:31 PM
I'm very happy to have a break.... the constant updates have been driving me crazy. :)

I so agree !!!

FigmentValley
03-17-15, 12:47 PM
Yes, the flash tournament WAS last week. The last FULL tournament was two weeks ago.

Flash tournaments are not held on a bi-weekly basis. They are a bit more unpredictable.

The occurrence of a flash tournament does not negate the beginning of a bi-weekly full tournament. They are never the same week, though. A flash tournament starts on Friday and goes until Sunday, usually 5 days after the conclusion of a full tournament. The next full tournament would then commence the Tuesday following.

I don't WANT all the animals. I would like the action to occupy my time....

VenomDragon1
03-17-15, 01:11 PM
Yes, the flash tournament WAS last week. The last FULL tournament was two weeks ago.

Flash tournaments are not held on a bi-weekly basis. They are a bit more unpredictable.

The occurrence of a flash tournament does not negate the beginning of a bi-weekly full tournament. They are never the same week, though. A flash tournament starts on Friday and goes until Sunday, usually 5 days after the conclusion of a full tournament. The next full tournament would then commence the Tuesday following.

I don't WANT all the animals. I would like the action to occupy my time....

We only had 1 full tournament in January (Winter Wolverine/Jan 13), 1 full tourney in February (Rumblebee/Feb 10) and we have already had one this month (Bulldog/March 3rd). All the rest of the tourneys this year have been flash. Now if you go back further there was 2 full tourneys in December but only 1 full tourney in November.... I'm not seeing this pattern that you say they are messing up when it comes to full tourneys.

I'm not saying we will not have another full tourney this month but since we only had one in Jan. and Feb. we may not. They are not breaking any pattern....

ArcadiaTofu
03-17-15, 01:47 PM
I hope to everything holy that this means tonight or sometime soon they'll release a new element ;___; I *think* when they last had a no-animal-update it was because they came out with the lightning animals that night/soon after. Though I could be wrong about that, if it were true it would be AWESOME.

We definitely need some new elements to try for since the old elements are getting, well... OLD. :x

matiasabad94
03-17-15, 01:48 PM
I hope to everything holy that this means tonight or sometime soon they'll release a new element ;___; I *think* when they last had a no-animal-update it was because they came out with the lightning animals that night/soon after. Though I could be wrong about that, if it were true it would be AWESOME.

Don't do this to me!

ArcadiaTofu
03-17-15, 01:55 PM
Don't do this to me!
I'm sorry! I want to believe!!!

Vodelle
03-17-15, 02:53 PM
I'm kind of glad there's a break. We just had a tournament, so there wouldn't be another one a day later (as ready pointed out, they tend to alternate flash/long and those tend to be a week or so apart). Unless they decided to be strangely magnanimous and release some kind of non-gem-hybrid, non-limited permanent animal (ha ha yeah right) then an update today would have just involved another limited animal that most of us would have little chance of getting. At least this way, we can focus on whatever we're breeding (great dane, mardiclaw, etc) without worrying about whatever else might be thrown at us.

flowless
03-17-15, 04:04 PM
Am happy there is a break
Wanted that especially when u have multiple limited animals going at once

We could have weekly updates involving new quists or newly designed habits

It's been awhile since I was happy from TL

BunnieMix
03-17-15, 07:39 PM
Thank goodness for a break! I'm so happy! Thanks to the break I've managed to fill one more hole in my album, and with any luck, maybe another one before the next update. Seriously, it feels so amazing not stressing over new animals.

keller63
03-17-15, 07:43 PM
Here is a screenshot of that emerald dragon deal19227

icysnowz
03-18-15, 09:13 AM
Hi I have all the animals, I can not breeding. I need a new task to breed :( :(

U have all the animals but there are many others who dont have it yet.. we need a break to breed for those animals that has been coming out non stop.. pls think of the others who are not so lucky in breeding new animals

dangerb0y
03-18-15, 12:48 PM
Here is a screenshot of that emerald dragon deal19227

That's about $50 if you had to buy the gems. Not much of a sale.

keller63
03-18-15, 02:43 PM
considering its a permanent and its breedable, i would never consider buying it because im patient enough to wait for it to turn up as a 'fail'. i have bought packs with some of those limited ones because i really wanted them, but i would never consider this, the same way i never bought that Seahorse 'value pack' no need in my eyes

sweetypies97
03-18-15, 05:37 PM
U have all the animals but there are many others who dont have it yet.. we need a break to breed for those animals that has been coming out non stop.. pls think of the others who are not so lucky in breeding new animals
*like*

JanineQuinty
03-19-15, 05:49 AM
We ~just had~ a tournament where we earned coins and the like for the event. I'm pretty certain if one happens, it will be next week.

Thank goodness. I both need to try for the rainbow, and I'm still really, really sore over losing that Land Shark :/

Actually with so many people upset with how hard the last tournament was, they might be recalculating things for tournaments. I wonder...

It really was very hard. I spend 91 gems and got the landshark but I had to buy 2 ultimate attacks. It still hurts that I had to pay so many gems but I have my shark

PernReloaded
03-19-15, 03:35 PM
It really was very hard. I spend 91 gems and got the landshark but I had to buy 2 ultimate attacks. It still hurts that I had to pay so many gems but I have my shark

I absolutely refuse to buy gems. I shouldn't HAVE to pay to get past odds that are completely unfair.

It's because people pay that they keep doing this. If they can make money off of it, why should they change?

PernReloaded
03-19-15, 03:36 PM

I absolutely refuse to buy gems. I shouldn't HAVE to pay to get past odds that are completely unfair.

It's because people pay that they keep doing this. If they can make money off of it, why should they change? TL/Storm8 is a COMPANY. Companies exist to make money. That's the long and short of it.