03-17-15, 08:39 AM
PLUM Update

Catalog
12 hours
Plum V
Strappy Plum Heels
Plum Pant
Stormie Clutch

Thanks to joelynjellybean (http://forum.storm8.com/member.php?43672-joelynjellybean)... for listing items.

NEW STUFF

Decor
Plum tree - 15,000 coins
Sugar Plum - 35 gems

Tables & Counters
fashion counter - 8 gems
thin fashion counter - 25,000 coins

CLOSET ITEMS

v top - 35,000 coins
plum pants - 6 gems
plum sandals - 10 gems
Stormie purse - 20,000 coins

jewelfang
03-17-15, 09:25 AM
It is St. Patrick's Day here in the US. My hubby is Irish, so we'll be eating corned beef and cabbage cooked in beer for dinner.

My guess is more old winter things on sale, then some random display and a mannequin, hopefully at least spring themed. :)

DragonWished
03-17-15, 11:09 AM
We had the traditional New England boiled dinner on Sunday; too crazy during the week to pull it off.

Hoping for a spring theme today. Sick of winter. Need a gem sale, missed the icy Eiffel tower.

joelynjellybean
03-17-15, 11:38 AM
OH Wow! PLUMS!

Dark Purple, COLOR! not grey, not black, not white, not beige. actual color!

Thanks TL/S8

off to look at the design tabs now.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 11:38 AM
I'd love to see the shoe tree, blue winter racks, white backlit tiles, snow tiles and even though St. Patrick's is over, the green can still tie into spring. And I want some colorful spring items. Better yet, be nice and give us a display from the easter box. I opened it twice and could have sworn I was playing bakery. I didn't open that foolishness again.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 11:40 AM
OH Wow! PLUMS!

Dark Purple, COLOR! not grey, not black, not white, not beige. actual color!

Thanks TL/S8

off to look at the design tabs now.

Get out! I needed and wanted purple. I bought gems to get the tower from last week and xmas tree and blew the rest of my gems on the orchid box. I got the runway but don't think ill ever stop until I get that cabaret display. Gonna look now. Yes!

aiyoosha
03-17-15, 11:46 AM
That display! I need to see it big please someone!

joelynjellybean
03-17-15, 11:47 AM
HOLIDAY SALE - 6 DAYS

Wire sleigh
ice skate mannequin
holly mirror
chic snowman
bearded nutcracker
elegant tree
abstract tree
ice swan kiss
minimalist tree
gingerbread mirror
dreidel
jewelry tree
cocoa table
menorah
holiday sale sign
nutcracker display
angel candle

jingle bells rack
thin holly counter
holly counter
bow rack

2 winter / holiday boxes on sale for 20 gems

NEW STUFF

Plum tree - 15,000 coins
Sugar Plum - 35 gems

fashion counter - 8 gems
thin fashion counter - 25,000 coins

CLOSET ITEMS

v top - 35,000 coins
plum pants - 6 gems
plum sandals - 10 gems
Stormie purse - 20,000 coins

orleansparish
03-17-15, 11:47 AM
Are the same kids that are messing up RS2, using their broken calculators to do the math on these clothes again? The numbers are way off and wayyyy wrong. Hahahahaha!

jojopeanut
03-17-15, 11:49 AM
Oh Gosh!! I'm awake now did someone say plum??

joelynjellybean
03-17-15, 11:51 AM

I'm at work and don't have time to post a pic here but it's out in my shop. It's gorgeous. My theater/opera theme may have to go away for a spring theme. But for now it's out in the middle of my shop. Don't mind the mess I just moved a bunch of stuff to make room for it. Come and see!

orleansparish
03-17-15, 11:53 AM
And those trees are amazing! 15,000 coins for something that can easily be fillers for a shop. They're a nice size and super pretty. I can't find the holiday box though. Also, why have the snowy box on sale when you JUST had its items for sale out of the box?

joelynjellybean
03-17-15, 11:55 AM
And those trees are amazing! 15,000 coins for something that can easily be fillers for a shop. They're a nice size and super pretty. I can't find the holiday box though. Also, why have the snowy box on sale when you JUST had its items for sale out of the box?

my game shows the holiday chest on the first page and the snowy chest on page 3. I guess it's two boxes not three. I'll go change my post.

jojopeanut
03-17-15, 11:55 AM
I can't believe this update has peeked my interest enough to open this game for the first time in 3 weeks.. I might actually redecorate. I have a lot of purple in storage already.

DragonWished
03-17-15, 11:58 AM
Stunning. Still trying to catch a breath. Haven't even looked at the catalog. So much beautiful detail.

Edited to try attachments feature which I just found.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 11:59 AM
my game shows the holiday chest on the first page and the snowy chest on page 3. I guess it's two boxes not three. I'll go change my post.

Yes, thanks! It's the holiday chest. I like the snowglobe and sweater but not enough to buy gems to open the box. I wish it was the one from 2011 with the shoe tree. And for Pete's sake we've had that wire sleigh so many times now. I'll keep my fingers crossed for next weeks items.

jandtandn
03-17-15, 11:59 AM
The 4x4 is gorgeous! Had to get it, no question!

jojopeanut
03-17-15, 12:02 PM

Oh goodness these trees are GORGEOUS!!! They're so perfect I can hardly believe they are coins. I'll use these for Easter too. And lots of other uses. V-day next year if I"m still playing

jojopeanut
03-17-15, 12:05 PM
Just got the display going to post a BIG pic in a sec.. hold please..LOL

Okay as you see the floor we can put whatever we want for it and the display has 2 trees built inside of it I just purchased extra trees didn't want any confusion on the trees on the inside of the display.

jojopeanut
03-17-15, 12:07 PM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/fashion_story-2015-03-17-12-05-11.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/fashion_story-2015-03-17-12-05-11.png.html)

joelynjellybean
03-17-15, 12:09 PM
http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/fashion_story-2015-03-17-12-05-11.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/fashion_story-2015-03-17-12-05-11.png.html)

Thanks jojo. I didn't have time to post it so I'm glad you got it and did. Isn't it gorgeous!

IsisGarden
03-17-15, 12:10 PM

This is so cute...

jojopeanut
03-17-15, 12:14 PM
I love the diversity in it and the casual look of it it's cute and I wonder if she's on her cell phone kinda looks like it. I'll pretend anyway.

jandtandn
03-17-15, 12:21 PM
I love the diversity in it and the casual look of it it's cute and I wonder if she's on her cell phone kinda looks like it. I'll pretend anyway.

No, it doesn't look like it when I zoom in on mine. I also love the diversity in this game. I play BS and RS on iOS and wish they had bots like this for that. I'm brand new at this game even though I downloaded it last year, so I don't have enough coins to get the rest of the update right this minute. I can't see the catalog either because I have some stuff on order right now.

StevenKevin
03-17-15, 12:34 PM
still no LTO and just a bunch of those old out of season items :((( probably aimed at attracting lower level players :(((( but instead of flooding the design table with items higher level players dont care about, why not release the flight attendant update (cant remember the exact name) which was released last september before being abruptly taken off for reasons i dont want to discuss anymore???? sure it hasnt been dumped and must be somewhere in TL bags - i didnt have time to get the flight attendant and I want it back (my turn to be whimsical lol)!!!! I still stare with nostalgia at an aerial scarves display i preciously kept locked as a reminder of that awesome but so ephemeral display - so why not bring it back instead of the nutcraker display?????? after all, would be a smart way to put a definite end to a famous dispute on this forum.....
oh, and btw, there are very few new items (are TL designers getting lazy ar are they waiting for a payrise?) but they are cute - not my cup of tea, but glad for players who are into spring items - as for me, I'll save my gems and coins and wait patiently and hopefully for next week...

Pink_Charlett
03-17-15, 12:40 PM
Def like this new update. Hoped for more new things, but oh well.

andromedablack
03-17-15, 12:47 PM
Not impressed by the update at all again.
Christmas items in the middle of March and just 4 new items.The only thing I like is the tree.The display is way too simple and I don't like the clothes, too casual and no spring colors again.
When I saw here the theme is plum I imagined of a pretty plum and pink catalogue, with a top / skirt or a floral dress but was dissapointed again.

DragonWished
03-17-15, 12:49 PM
I just noticed these numbers in the catalog. I hope a Mod can get TL to review.

Are the same kids that are messing up RS2, using their broken calculators to do the math on these clothes again? The numbers are way off and wayyyy wrong. Hahahahaha!

IsisGarden
03-17-15, 12:58 PM
I just noticed these numbers in the catalog. I hope a Mod can get TL to review.

I'm pretty sure these numbers are right. There are other catalogs with number like this (Nautical Nightwear & Fall Fabulous) -- a couple of items very high -- a couple of the items very low. I can ask if you all still want me to, but I think the numbers are right. Let me know if you still want me to check on this.

Bellamiux
03-17-15, 01:03 PM
O M G that new display I need it I want it I NEEED ITTTTT I can't wait to get a sale TL if you give me more blossoms I shall throw my money at you omg so gorgeous omg *faints*

orleansparish
03-17-15, 01:03 PM
I'm pretty sure these numbers are right. There are other catalogs with number like this (Nautical Nightwear & Fall Fabulous) -- a couple of items very high -- a couple of the items very low. I can ask if you all still want me to, but I think the numbers are right. Let me know if you still want me to check on this.

No the amounts are impossible. For instance, the purple pants have a quantity of 500 but you earn $800. Unless they are doing buy 1 get 2 for free the math is way off.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 01:04 PM
The clutch has a quantity of 800 but you earn $650 I think I saw. O.o.....

The top has 500 but you earn 1200 coins.

April fools has come early, yall.

cakebaby75
03-17-15, 01:06 PM
Sugar Plum Display http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n194/emmacarterclarke/ee3d40a9394554e3906f713d911ba10a_zps4609d0e4.jpg

fashionideal
03-17-15, 01:10 PM
Please bring back the Christmas catalogues from 2013 for next week's update and make the closet items available for purchase again, I regret not getting the black sequin dress and hosiery as well as the little red present box, and the green Christmas tree shaped sequin dress as the update was already drawn in mid January as far as I can remember. Those were my all time fave Christmas/new year outfits ;)...

DragonWished
03-17-15, 01:11 PM
It will be another hour and a half before I can look again but I remember/agree with the kind of numbers that orleansparish is noting. The numbers seem very skewed. I would say it's worth a question to the Powers That Be.

IsisGarden
03-17-15, 01:13 PM
The clutch has a quantity of 800 but you earn $650 I think I saw. O.o.....

The top has 500 but you earn 1200 coins.

April fools has come early, yall.

I am checking on it. I hadn't looked that closely at the amounts. I'll let you know what is said.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 01:14 PM

I love this mixed couple. Now I'm going to be tempted to buy more gems to open the orchid box. It can either give me another runway or the first place. I just can't be trusted with gems anymore.

jojopeanut
03-17-15, 01:25 PM
I love this mixed couple. Now I'm going to be tempted to buy more gems to open the orchid box. It can either give me another runway or the first place. I just can't be trusted with gems anymore.

NO!!!! wait they might have the box on sale soon or some items out of box next week you never know.

aishaibrahims
03-17-15, 01:41 PM
Nice update. Hope i get a sale soon! I just did my place pink and purple yesterday!! The new stuff will go perfect! And thanks so much for bringing the ice swans back, love them.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 02:13 PM
NO!!!! wait they might have the box on sale soon or some items out of box next week you never know.

Yeah, I'll hold out. I bought 275 gems a country oe days ago to get the xmas items. With the intentions of saving the rest to see what was for sale today. I was up late and the boxes started calling my name. I bought two and got the runway and though, oh wow, maybe first place will come and just kept clicking and clicking. Now I could have gotten the displays for today but that's fine. I just decorated and will leave it out for a few more weeks. I'm sure I'll get another sale after the next sale comes around. Ill work on mastering to save some too. Hadn't done that in a while. So many gems up for grabs!

jojopeanut
03-17-15, 02:20 PM
I got a question on some older item's the closet item's how long before they expire? I want the dog in purse.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 02:26 PM
I got a question on some older item's the closet item's how long before they expire? I want the dog in purse.

There is 9 hours left on the St. Patrick's items. Dog is cute. Too rich for my blood though. Thankfully I have the other dog in the purse.

IsisGarden
03-17-15, 02:40 PM
The issue with the numbers for the catalog has been reported to TL. I will post when I hear more.

IsisGarden
03-17-15, 03:14 PM
The issue with the numbers for the catalog has been reported to TL. I will post when I hear more.
Thus should be fixed, now.

DragonWished
03-17-15, 03:23 PM
Thus should be fixed, now.

Yes, it is! I just checked andcame in to let you know. 

That was fast. Thanks for your support, Isis!

JustKay
03-17-15, 04:11 PM
Love the new plum tree. It's perfect for my okiya. I remember they had a huge plum grove by the castle in Osaka. So many varieties blooming all at once.

What's up with the catalog models though? They're getting skinnier and skinner. I always prefered the more cutesy round faced models. Maybe there is a new design team in control.

andromedablack
03-17-15, 04:14 PM
I've abandoned my boutique so much lately I even forgot to buy the Eiffel tower! So I hope for a big Easter sale with a lot of items to spend my gems on! Come on enough with Christmas!

mergirl96
03-17-15, 06:13 PM
Very lovely update. The display and the trees are suoer cute, I would have loved the counters too if they were that deep plum color. I like the catalog it's different and fun. I hope we see more plum next week. It's such a nice color I wouldn't mind seeing two more weeks of plum colored items. I also love the sale on christmas stuff but am hoping they won't remove these things from the 2012 version like they did in Bakery.

yumyummi8
03-17-15, 07:26 PM
I love this update! Plum is a great, bold color to add to my store. I wish the catalog was a shorter amount of time (less than 12 hours), all of the recent updates have been for longer time items. Oh well. Still, great work Storm8! :)

sweetadorablemoi
03-17-15, 07:52 PM
does anyone have a picture of the nutcracker display.... Im thinking about getting it but i would love to see a big picture

minidemon88
03-18-15, 06:08 AM
Lovely updates! I like the plum tree and the sugar plum display, nice that it comes with a jewelry display too. XD

Did they removed the St. Patrick's items much earlier compared to the timer? Seem kinda strange when I received the updates pop-up 1hr earlier before the actual server reset time, but they didn't reset the tipping and gifting system. Then I checked the st. patty sales and all the items were removed. When there's still 30mins left for them on bs and rs. =/

lelaina752
03-18-15, 10:53 AM
I agree with everyone. Beautiful update. I love the purple. The trees make me so happy!

Unfortunately, not much for me in the sale this week. But I'm always a fan of TL bringing back past items. I was thrilled to get the items I did last week. So thank you and keep up the good work! :)

angelmama24
03-18-15, 12:14 PM

I'm sure you've seen it by now. I love it, but another 4x4? TL, why are you doing this to me? I only have a few spots where I can fit a large display, which means that I must put yet another prized display in storage :'( When are we going to get more expansions?

CuteTali
03-19-15, 03:20 AM
Well, I might be in the minority here, but I really don't like half of this update.

For starters, the dark purple color of the catalogue is one of my most disliked colors ever. I love actual plum color, like in that super cute dress we got last summer, the Orchid Dress.

Another issue with the catalogue is that bandage as an excuse for a shirt. I don't care what space models wear. I like real people's clothes. It will be an interesting challenge to try and make it look like a shirt in the closet somehow.

The floor display is what I dislike the most in this update though. When I first saw it in the design tab, I got all excited thinking it would be something lively with colorful trees, much like the super cute tandem love display that we got last year. But then I tried placing it and looked at it closer, right before I almost bought it and got very disappointed. The only colorful part are the trees and I wasn't going to buy it just for that. The people who asked for diversity, men in our women's shops, inter-racial couples, roundy models and what not are probably ecstatic with this display, but I'm definitely not. To me, this is a fashion game, I did expect to see some girl models standing there in pretty and feminine outfits, or at least a cute couple, like the one in the perfect proposal, which is proabably the most beautiful couple they've drawn so far. The bench and jewelry display that you can barely notice are just too dark in color for a spring display.

Then I saw the one and only item I like about this update: the pink and purple trees. I don't mind the purple in this trees so much because it has enough pink to not make them look too dark and depressing type of purple. I'm glad we got them for coins, bought several of those right away, these can be useful for me all year round pretty much, so I'm happy about that.

Another good point about this update are the re-released items. It gives me something else to look into and buy items that I missed before and stock up on many items for later.

Oh, one more item that I forgot to mention, those new counters are quite nice, so I bought some of them. They could probably go well with the dotted counters we got a couple of weeks ago.

andromedablack
03-19-15, 06:00 AM
Finally someone mentioned that this dark purple color is depressing and has nothing to do with spring. Spring is about lively colorful colors, that color reminds me of a funeral.And the only nice thing in the display that is actually appropriate for spring is the trees which can also be bought seperately for coins.I hope to see some real spring colors next week.
And I agree I want displays with model like girls wearing fashionable clothes and not couples with dull ugly casual clothing.
Sorry but that's not spring fashion at all.

CuteTali
03-19-15, 07:47 PM
Finally someone mentioned that this dark purple color is depressing and has nothing to do with spring. Spring is about lively colorful colors, that color reminds me of a funeral.And the only nice thing in the display that is actually appropriate for spring is the trees which can also be bought seperately for coins.I hope to see some real spring colors next week.
And I agree I want displays with model like girls wearing fashionable clothes and not couples with dull ugly casual clothing.
Sorry but that's not spring fashion at all.

Yes! Exactly. You always seem to think like me about this game :). I visited your shop today to tip and you dressed your avatar exactly as I would mine, love your sense of style andromeda.
I've been taking some screenshots of new outfit combinations that I've come up with, I need to make some more and then upload them to What a (Fashion) Doll! (http://forums.storm8.com/group.php?groupid=433). You could upload yours too if you like. It's interesting to see what outfits people come up with. I still haven't done anything with that purple bandage top, got so many projects to finish this month irl.

andromedablack
03-23-15, 12:29 PM
Yes! Exactly. You always seem to think like me about this game :). I visited your shop today to tip and you dressed your avatar exactly as I would mine, love your sense of style andromeda.
I've been taking some screenshots of new outfit combinations that I've come up with, I need to make some more and then upload them to What a (Fashion) Doll! (http://forums.storm8.com/group.php?groupid=433). You could upload yours too if you like. It's interesting to see what outfits people come up with. I still haven't done anything with that purple bandage top, got so many projects to finish this month irl.

Thank you dear, love your taste too and love how you always make any piece look chic in your avi. :) I used the purple top with the pink skater skirt to make a modern young style but still wasn't thrilled.
I took some screenshots of my avatar with my favorite outfits but since the forum changed I can't view the groups, how annoying, seems I have to use a pc to view them.

CuteTali
03-23-15, 10:33 PM
Thank you dear, love your taste too and love how you always make any piece look chic in your avi. :) I used the purple top with the pink skater skirt to make a modern young style but still wasn't thrilled.
I took some screenshots of my avatar with my favorite outfits but since the forum changed I can't view the groups, how annoying, seems I have to use a pc to view them.

I was thinking of pairing it with the pink skater skirt as well, but it still wasn't quite what I was looking for, so I did something else. I tried covering some of it up with a scarf, but that didn't work either. So eventually I gave up and just decided to use it as a bathing suit top, considering how skimpy it would be to wear as an actual top. I'm curious to see what outfit we'll get in tomorrow's update.

Ic3e
03-24-15, 08:29 AM
So basically every dark shade of any color is depressing? A lavish and royal deep plum purple is depressing. An ultra-feminine magenta (Barbie) pink is depressing? A luxurious, timeless midnight blue is depressing? A majestic and understated emerald green is depressing? A striking yet somehow subtle goldenrod is depressing? A chic vermilion is depressing? A romantic yet seductive crimson is depressing?

There is so much more to a color, regardless of it's shade. And who says spring fashion is restricted to pastels and neons?

Look, I'm happy you got what you wanted in the poll. Definitely a lot more pink since I and a few others have left the scene. And to be honest I really love pastels! Especially pastel and cotton candy pink. Maybe TL will look into your ideas more but please, ladies, don't close your minds to diversity and the darker spectrum of the color wheel. A little bit of chic silver or sophisticated black or earthy browns or ethereal whites never hurt anyone. They stand as neutral ground so your outfit won't be a too loud. Pink dress on pink shoes accessorized with pink pearls and a pink hair band?

Wouldn't you rather a pink flare dress with lavender pumps, white sunglasses and a matching white and gold minaudiere clutch? (That honestly sounds like a cute outfit tbh, add on a lavender polka-dotted hair bow and you've got neo-romantic 1940s-insp)

CuteTali
03-24-15, 03:06 PM
You kind of missed the point, no one ever said that all dark colors are bad nor ugly, we're just waiting for something that looks good, like the gorgeous deep red there's at the Snowy Red display, would love a dress like the one the model is wearing there (as long as the cape is seperate from the dress, so we can use them seperately). I love deep rich colors and I adore gliterry fabric in shades of silver, gold and pink gold. I'm actually not into pastels at all, but in a video game, I do like seeing some bright cheery colors for springtime, not just light blue over and over again. I'm still waiting for my fuschia dress to get in the game though.