PDA

View Full Version : Recipes/Street Market Changed!!!

Pages : [1] 2

queentina3
03-16-15, 03:11 PM
What the heck, TL??? Why do you keep messing with existing recipes???

Cucumber Sandwich now requires Mayo when it didn't before!

I haven't checked them all yet but I will to see if you've changed any others. Please stop doing this! Once you've decided on a recipe and released it, leave it the heck alone!

GRRRRR!!! :mad:

Salmon Sushi is also changed! It now requires 1 Ginger Spice.
Tuna Roll is also changed! It now requires 1 Ginger Spice.
Mandarin/Chicken is locked until Lvl 46 so I can't check those.

I think those are the only changes on the appliances I have - missing chateau oven and drink machine.

Edit: FrozenTurtle

Thank you everyone for sharing your feedback regarding these recent changes. Please keep the discussion on track and be sure you are only posting constructive comments. If the discussion starts running off-topic, posts may be removed or the thread may be closed. We do want to hear what you have to say, so please continue sharing your feedback and encourage your neighbors to do so as well. Thank you all for your continued support!

Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that we have shared all your great feedback with the game team. We understand that some of these changes may be a bit jarring, but this is still a relatively new game and we may not get things perfect on the first try. With any changes we make, our goal is to provide you all with a fun and engaging experience that everyone can enjoy for a long time. We do hope you continue to provide us with your valuable feedback as we continue working to make Restaurant Story 2 the best that we can. Thanks again for all your support! :)

rosewaterlily
03-16-15, 03:17 PM
I just expanded my veggie store to five slots to help finish the cucumber sandwiches goal and then they pull a recipe switch on us, ugh! Now mayo refresh is going to limit my sandwich making.

The street market has become super expensive also, I'm seeing an orange in one slot for 270 and previously the max was like 90. Potatoes selling around 180. Seriously?

ginrae22
03-16-15, 03:18 PM
What the heck, TL??? Why do you keep messing with existing recipes???

Cucumber Sandwich now requires Mayo when it didn't before!

I haven't checked them all yet but I will to see if you've changed any others. Please stop doing this! Once you've decided on a recipe and released it, leave it the heck alone!

GRRRRR!!! :mad:

I literally just saw this two seconds ago, I have made that sandwich like 4 times today and all of a sudden it's different. It's for sure annoying.

blackestwinter
03-16-15, 03:21 PM
They changed the time it takes lettuce to regenerate as well...

reeses4115
03-16-15, 03:21 PM
I have never posted on the forums but lurk quite a bit. Tried to make Tuna roll and they now require ginger! Too many changes going on.

rosewaterlily
03-16-15, 03:23 PM
They did adjust osso bucco to need only one onion in addition to the sauce and meatloaf to just the sauce, no onions, but that's still more onions required than old original recipes.

Ugh just saw strawberry in my street market for 339. Everything so expensive now!

sha62o
03-16-15, 03:24 PM
I just hit level 42 and my street market price are ridiculously high 295 mayonnaise 145 cucumber 285 green bean. Is it to do with the level I am on now or has there been another change?

Beecause
03-16-15, 03:24 PM
Chicken salad requires celery now.

queentina3
03-16-15, 03:25 PM
This is another change, just like the recipes have changed as well. I'm so mad. UGH!

blackestwinter
03-16-15, 03:26 PM
You also need ginger in salmon sushi and tuna roll recipes.

I'm not a fan of this change either, particularly when the item required is obtained randomly.

Beecause
03-16-15, 03:26 PM
I'm afraid to look at the rest of the recipes.

queentina3
03-16-15, 03:28 PM
You also need ginger in salmon sushi and tuna roll recipes.

I'm not a fan of this change either, particularly when the item required is obtained randomly.

Exactly. It's hard enough getting ingredients to add random drops and not one's we can schedule??? It's annoying as heck!

blackestwinter
03-16-15, 03:28 PM
Tomato soup requires two cream now.

rosewaterlily
03-16-15, 03:29 PM
Vanilla milkshake vanilla requirement dropped from 3 to 1, so maybe occasionally makeable.

There's a 536 coin stick of butter in my street market.

enaid03
03-16-15, 03:29 PM
My street market prices are out of control. Is this a joke?

sha62o
03-16-15, 03:31 PM
Another change and the recipes also what next.

queentina3
03-16-15, 03:32 PM
I think the changes are still happening as mine didn't read that before and now it does (the tomato soup). I think I'll have to wait until later or tomorrow and double check all that is available to me against my spreadsheet. This is such a pain in the........

TL, get a clue and don't release recipes until you've worked out whatever market rate/ingredients you want for it. Doing things this way, releasing them then changing them, only infuriates your customers. I don't give a darn about what you claim is "game economy" as I only see it as you don't have any idea what you're doing. :rolleyes:

Beecause
03-16-15, 03:33 PM
I have a mayo in my street market for 227 coins!!!

blueshifted
03-16-15, 03:34 PM
Seriously, this is ridiculous. I quit playing Farm Story once they adjusted the default newspaper market prices to be almost the max price possible to list. I realllllly do not like them suddenly increasing the ingredient prices 5-6 times the usual price without any warning.

blackestwinter
03-16-15, 03:35 PM
I didn't pay any attention to the tomato soup when I put it in the stove either - it's also now a 1 hour recipe.

queentina3
03-16-15, 03:36 PM
My street market has always been bad with ingredients but the prices on top of bad ingredients is just ****ing me. 14 for bread? Have they completely lost their minds. It's 2 in the general store!

ETA: I'm not cooking anything and what is on my appliances I'm going to let run. I want to double check all pricing, ingredients, and timing before I continue. I'll still play but I want to get an accurate view of all the changes before I do anything more.

mamareader02
03-16-15, 03:40 PM
Wth TL?!!!!!!!how about a change in our favor for once?!

enaid03
03-16-15, 03:41 PM
495 for lobster. Wow. I'm rethinking this whole game.

I have been enjoying this game. But I quit BS cold turkey when they adjusted prices like this. This may also go that way. My market is 5x pricing of what it was earlier.

PraxisOfGood
03-16-15, 03:41 PM
They changed the time it takes lettuce to regenerate as well...

Yes, it used to take one minute and now takes five.

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind these changes. Having the recipes use more exotic ingredients that refresh less quickly will have us create fewer dishes, but was that a problem that needed to be solved?

travelingcircus
03-16-15, 03:42 PM

I just increased my street market and bought second deli maker literally just moments before this change occurred. Street market is utterly worthless now and I definitely would not have purchased second deli maker with these new recipe changes.

Not very happy at all!

mamareader02
03-16-15, 03:42 PM
So while making these changes,you couldn't make it slightly easier on us for onions?!it would be nice to once in awhile say"yay!!!thank you TL"

queentina3
03-16-15, 03:43 PM
495 for lobster. Wow. I'm rethinking this whole game.

I have been enjoying this game. But I quit BS cold turkey when they adjusted prices like this. This may also go that way. My market is 5x pricing of what it was earlier.

Sept '12 disaster and I quit cold turkey as well when they did that. If I can't cook, I can't play. What's the point???

Yes, it used to take one minute and now takes five.

I'm not sure I understand the logic behind these changes. Having the recipes use more exotic ingredients that refresh less quickly will have us create fewer dishes, but was that a problem that needed to be solved?

How can we play if we can't cook??? It makes no sense except for "game economy". Right, sure.......NOT!

WinnyWoos
03-16-15, 03:46 PM
Mandarin/Chicken is locked until Lvl 46 so I can't check those.

OY! I just logged in from just under an hour ago and went to cook chicken salad which I've been cooking alllll day and just noticed it now requires celery which it didn't before:mad: I haven't even unlocked it because I saw no use for it atm....but OBVIOUSLY now I will have too if I want to continue to make chicken salad. Which from reading these posts it sounds like that recipe will now be useless considering it required mayo and now apparently so does everything else. I even bought a 2nd salad bar last week but I guess now it will go along side the other idle appliances since the update.(changing of the recipes)

I'm getting real pissy with all these recipe changes and think the very LEAST you people could do if give us a WARNING before changing them. Im having a hard time trying to find the positives in this continuously nightmare of an update especially when we pay for a recipe and then whenever you all feel like changing it, you do. I'd love an explantion as to how TL deems these constant recipe changes necessary and positive changes toward the game. It would be much appreciated if someone would step in and help us understand all this. Other than "we appreciate your feedback and passing it on" cause that apparently is backfiring.

I haven't even looked at any other recipes as I'm sure it will only make me more frustrated. All I ask for is a simple explantion as to how this is going to make this game better...please for the love of RS2, would TL please shed some light on this???? I kinda think we deserve that to say the least??

Well I took a while writing this cause by the time I posted there are now several more comments. The harder they make things to make, the MORE BORED I will get waiting on the ingredients. That's the only way I use to be able to constantly play by being able to visit a couple people, come back, put more items on and repeat...Not only do I not have the patience for all this waiting around just to cook a 180 dish, my ADD will kick into high gear and my attention will go towards something else and it'll be Bye, Bye RS2. I don't enjoy boring games and this is what it sounds like it's going to be if we have to wait around for 5 mins just for a flipping piece of lettuce.

I swear....TL, you must have some very miserable folks working over there that I swear, their only purpose is to sit around and think of how to piss your customers off then probably rush over to the forums and get the biggest kick out of our rants. Pathetic.

Beecause
03-16-15, 03:47 PM
Tomato Soup - I have two cooking now that I started before the changes and now they are both over a half hour to go.

I was working on mastering this recipe as I have been collecting cream in anticipation of using them in the
Mint Trifle recipe. Now tomato soup takes 2 creams and one hour! Man-0-Man.

As soon as you get adjusted to changes, they make a whole bunch of new ones and we have to change our
whole system again.

mamareader02
03-16-15, 03:48 PM
341 for a freakin orange???!!!!!

ShirleysFantasy
03-16-15, 03:52 PM
$303 for mayo. Are you serious? No need to update the street market anymore can't afford to buy anything. Do you like making your paying customers mad? Yes I was thinking about buying another deal you have on today. But your not getting anymore of my money! I really liked this game before except for the useless $5 in tips per visit. Seriously thinking about giving up this game.

blackestwinter
03-16-15, 03:53 PM
I do hope they tweak this so that the prices aren't so high in the market, otherwise they've made it completely pointless to even bother with it. I've never seen items in there for such a high price before - currently flour is over six times the shop price.

PraxisOfGood
03-16-15, 03:56 PM
I just decided that I'm ready to take a break from the game. I supported the last few changes because it was challenging to adapt my cooking strategy to meet the new realities. But now I just feel like S8 is opposed to my having enough ingredients to run nineteen appliances at the same time, and street market prices that would cause us to make recipes at a loss is the icing on the cake.

I'd like to thank the devs for making a game that occupied me for the past two months and to the player community for the awesome guides and support!

Beecause
03-16-15, 03:58 PM
This has rendered the street market useless.

Rice 238
Rice 244
Mushroom 362
cucumber 155
Potato 209
Mayo 276
Lobster 561
Carrot 78
Seaweed 147

BaHaHa!!!!!!!!

I need a bulldozer.

mamareader02
03-16-15, 04:01 PM
You know TL, we EARNED those street market slots,by saving up the parts each and every time,those slots were not freebies,we earned the right to fair pricing on those goods,and it's hard enough to make coins in this game,why make it even harder?stop ****ing your games,for gods sake!

layniek4172
03-16-15, 04:05 PM
Requirements changed for garden plots too. I've been saving up parts for my next garden plot, only needed 4 seed bags, and now when I check it I need 1 shovel and 3 seed bags.

WinnyWoos
03-16-15, 04:07 PM

Rice 238
Rice 244
Mushroom 362
cucumber 155
Potato 209
Mayo 276
Lobster 561
Carrot 78
Seaweed 147

BaHaHa!!!!!!!!

I need a bulldozer.

$244 for RICE. Now I'm laughing....wow

WinnyWoos
03-16-15, 04:12 PM

I just increased my street market and bought second deli maker literally just moments before this change occurred. Street market is utterly worthless now and I definitely would not have purchased second deli maker with these new recipe changes.

Not very happy at all!

Those.Prices.Are.UNREAL.

myhsplace
and here i was already irritated about only getting coins and blue star for getting a mastery star in two recipes today (makes no sense since i did get a mastery spice for a one star sushi recipe sometimes afterwards) and now they go and mess with my mastering cucumber sandwhich for the mastery sets recipe too!!

ginger being added to the other recipes does not surprise me, i kinda knew something was up when i suddendly started getting loads and loads of ginger crops yesterday, of course i have been deleting all of it from my storage since i did not regularly need them, grrr.

i am a faithful player but, this constant changing things on us for the worse is not going to keep me playing!! and really 167 coins for a sugar cube?? its only 20 coins right now in market for goodness sake.

mchat2045

Rice 238
Rice 244
Mushroom 362
cucumber 155
Potato 209
Mayo 276
Lobster 561
Carrot 78
Seaweed 147

BaHaHa!!!!!!!!

I need a bulldozer.

Thank you for posting this. You hit the nail on the head. I guess I can ignore the market from here on out.

I'm not sure why they build these games and then slowly, piece by piece, suck the fun out of them.

Is it someone's job to try and make the players angry and run them off? If so, that guy is hitting it out of the park!

blackestwinter
03-16-15, 04:14 PM
Requirements changed for garden plots too. I've been saving up parts for my next garden plot, only needed 4 seed bags, and now when I check it I need 1 shovel and 3 seed bags.

I think mine changed too but I'm not certain. I seem to remember needing 9 shovels and 25 seeds, but now I need 12 shovels and the same number of seeds.

queentina3
03-16-15, 04:16 PM
I'm getting real pissy with all these recipe changes and think the very LEAST you people could do if give us a WARNING before changing them. Im having a hard time trying to find the positives in this continuously nightmare of an update especially when we pay for a recipe and then whenever you all feel like changing it, you do. I'd love an explantion as to how TL deems these constant recipe changes necessary and positive changes toward the game. It would be much appreciated if someone would step in and help us understand all this. Other than "we appreciate your feedback and passing it on" cause that apparently is backfiring.

I'm with you, I want a S8 Employee to update us and without the normal diatribe of "Game Economy" and "We appreciate your feedback and have alerted the team".

That isn't what we want to hear TL, we want a VALID explanation as to why you're doing this. Will you actual own up and give us one or will one of the S8 Mods quote verbatim all their past comments when changes like this have happened in the game (if you're wondering what those are, I listed them in my post already. Rinse and repeat, that's what you do with those quotes and they are nothing but a knife in the back or a slap in the face, just so you know!) ;)

Give us something other than that spiel this time, please.

WinnyWoos
03-16-15, 04:18 PM
Thank you for posting this. You hit the nail on the head. I guess I can ignore the market from here on out.

I'm not sure why they build these games and then slowly, piece by piece, suck the fun out of them.

Is it someone's job to try and make the players angry and run them off? If so, that guy is hitting it out of the park!

Hahaha my thoughts exactly! He's in 1st place in the race for #1 employee of the year and it's just March!

mamareader02
03-16-15, 04:19 PM
I'm with you, I want a S8 Employee to update us and without the normal diatribe of "Game Economy" and "We appreciate your feedback and have alerted the team".

That isn't what we want to hear TL, we want a VALID explanation as to why you're doing this. Will you actual own up and give us one or will one of the S8 mods quote verbatim all their past comments when changes like this have happened in the game (if you're wondering what those are, I listed them in my post already. Rinse and repeat, that's what you do with those quotes and they are nothing but a knife in the back of a slap in the face, just so you know!) ;)

Agree!!!! Give us a REAL answer,and remember,a lot of people on this game buy gems,you're pushing us too far

neth3rtwist
03-16-15, 04:19 PM
This is bs. Now tuna roll and salmon are completely useless. If you are going to require ginger for EVERYTHING then at least knock the time to grow back down to 30min.

queentina3
03-16-15, 04:20 PM

I had to double check my calendar to make sure I didn't lose time somehow and it was April Fool's Day, but nope, just the day before St Paddy's. Maybe whoever it is started drinking a bit early???? :p

mommydiner2
03-16-15, 04:22 PM
I'm done! So angry with all the BAD updates! I'm at highest level and time to delete! I guess bingo is the last game you have me for stupid LAVA!
Such BS

mamareader02
03-16-15, 04:22 PM
I had to double check my calendar to make sure I didn't lose time somehow and it was April Fool's Day, but nope, just the day before St Paddy's. Maybe whoever it is started drinking a bit early???? :p

If they fix these changes immediately,I'll take "drunk employee" as an excuse,just fix this bs

nmishii
03-16-15, 04:23 PM
Just got into my game and went to the street market. I thought there was some sort of error because I saw celery at 476, orange 321, apple 193, flour 100, sugar 107, lemon 214, milk 191, etc. Then I saw chicken salad required celery and came here. This is more ridiculous than the changes that included tomato sauce and vanilla. I guess TL listened to our feedback on those changes and doesn't want people to play this game as much anymore.

Azzybre
�� I was deleting the ginger like crazy this whole weekend. It's hard to have enough ingredients to have every thing cooking. I had to store my valentine stove so I would stop using the sugar...

Did the time for the peas change too?

WinnyWoos

That isn't what we want to hear TL, we want a VALID explanation as to why you're doing this. Will you actual own up and give us one or will one of the S8 Mods quote verbatim all their past comments when changes like this have happened in the game (if you're wondering what those are, I listed them in my post already. Rinse and repeat, that's what you do with those quotes and they are nothing but a knife in the back or a slap in the face, just so you know!) ;)

Is it me just being mad atm or has even the mods (that are indeed only aloud to say those certain quotes and by no means does my aggregation go towards them, at all!) gone completely mute since this update?

queentina3
03-16-15, 04:24 PM
If they fix these changes immediately,I'll take "drunk employee" as an excuse,just fix this bs

Like they fixed Bakery in Sept '12? These changes are here to stay, I guarantee it. In fact, they'll probably still make more next week. Just you watch, they're not done playing with us yet. We're a social experiment just without the annoying physical needles.......They are virtual instead and poke our temples until our heads explode.

mamareader02
03-16-15, 04:26 PM
Is it me just being mad atm or has even the mods (that are indeed only aloud to say those certain quotes and by no means does my aggregation go towards them, at all!) gone completely mute since this update?

They just think we're gonna run outta steam and calm down,well,then if we're being ignored,I'll just run outta steam redeeming my iTunes cards for gems

dragon2046
03-16-15, 04:26 PM
I just checked my market. Lol. Mushroom just one for 454 coins. Wow! I guess I can ignore my market won't be using it anymore. Won't be expanding it either. I play CS and RS2 I think it time for me to stop buying gems. :(. Love the games but worried about the changes and updates lately.

enaid03
03-16-15, 04:29 PM

That is exactly what I have been thinking. Was this a joke for April fools day?...my market is useless now.

seriously, why is s8 so quiet on this game?

queentina3
03-16-15, 04:30 PM

They just think we're gonna run outta steam and calm down,well,then if we're being ignored,I'll just run outta steam redeeming my iTunes cards for gems

We had two threads of outrage that managed 100 pages each during the BS debacle and a lot of that was due to them ignoring us or giving the usual spiel. If they do the same this time, with these massive changes - pricing in street market especially - then they could just have another '12 riot on their hands. The only diff here is that this is a much newer game than BS was at the time.

neth3rtwist
03-16-15, 04:31 PM
Everyone hit the app store and start leaving 1 star reviews. Maybe they'll take notice

zphinest
03-16-15, 04:35 PM
TL,

Why does a lobster cost $577 in the market? I bought slots that I now feel was a waste of materials and coins because I cannot afford the products.

Why are you changing existing recipes that are necessary for a challenge? The cucumber sandwich mastery was already difficult enough without the 5 hour wait time for mayo.

Why is the vanilla milkshake a money pit? Apple cider is more realistic--even the ginger tea makes sense!

I am getting frustrated and this game may go the way of so many unrealistic games...removal and deletion.

cquinn32
03-16-15, 04:36 PM
This is rediculous!! I can understand raising the prices a little but c'mon

WinnyWoos
03-16-15, 04:37 PM
We had two threads of outrage that managed 100 pages each during the BS debacle and a lot of that was due to them ignoring us or giving the usual spiel. If they do the same this time, with these massive changes - pricing in street market especially - then they could just have another '12 riot on their hands. The only diff here is that this is a much newer game than BS was at the time.

Haha I didn't even play BS but I heard about the rants and just had to go check it out. Those folks DONT PLAY....then after the Black Friday ordeal in BS....I felt HORRIBLE for those players.

cquinn32
03-16-15, 04:47 PM
Ruining the street market might just be it for me with this game!!

I (we) have worked hard to open up slots in that market and I have even spent a number of gems upgrading it and now you just pulled it out from under me and made it completely worthless.

Kinda like stealing isn't it?

If those prices don't come down I'll be deleting this game for sure

Navros
03-16-15, 04:47 PM
Yes, I totally agree. They shouldn't be changing the recipes once they were put out. This is ridiculous, if they keep doing this. I'm just going to DELETE THE GAME and play something else. NOT A GOOD CHANGE GUYS. Long time player of your games, but if you plan to keep this up, you will be minus a customer and I believe a few others will delete you also.

enaid03
03-16-15, 04:50 PM
Haha I didn't even play BS but I heard about the rants and just had to go check it out. Those folks DONT PLAY....then after the Black Friday ordeal in BS....I felt HORRIBLE for those players.

Yep. I went from playing every single TL game to the couple I play now. The list is getting shorter with the recent changes, events and questionable things. I play to escape my stressful world, and this is becoming too ridiculous.

On the other hand, I understand the need to make changes. I beta test enough in my real life work apps that I don't want to feel like a beta tester in my personal life. Understanding apps a little too much, I really think there is a push to release S8 apps before they are ready.

But, unlike S8, we always believe the customer is right and do not do anything to affect the experience in a negative way. I believe at this time they are taking things too far that the issues should have been found and remedied before a general release to the public.

I'm beginning to believe S8 is run by a bunch of people who flip a coin as to making changes and act reactively instead of proactively for their games.

Navros
03-16-15, 04:51 PM
Yes, I totally agree. They shouldn't be changing the recipes once they were put out. This is ridiculous, if they keep doing this. I'm just going to DELETE THE GAME and play something else. NOT A GOOD CHANGE GUYS. Long time player of your games, but if you plan to keep this up, you will be minus a customer and I believe a few others will delete you also.

ellyse99
03-16-15, 04:54 PM
I could be wrong, but did marinara pizza use to earn 4500 coins? It's now 1800 coins... or maybe I just had the wrong info typed up earlier.

ellyse99
03-16-15, 04:56 PM
TL,
Why is the vanilla milkshake a money pit? Apple cider is more realistic--even the ginger tea makes sense!

I'm kinda happy I never unlocked milk, or the vanilla milkshake. I unlocked orange juice on a whim but never made it again. My drink maker churns out ginger tea and nothing else.

mchat2045
03-16-15, 04:58 PM
Ruining the street market might just be it for me with this game!!

I (we) have worked hard to open up slots in that market and I have even spent a number of gems upgrading it and now you just pulled it out from under me and made it completely worthless.

Kinda like stealing isn't it?

If those prices don't come down I'll be deleting this game for sure

Yeah - if the prices had been like THIS in the beginning, I wouldn't have used ALL those materials to open new slots. I would have left the market at one slot and just ignored it (which is what I will do now, but I'm out all those tools).

Feels bait-and-switch-y to me.

To whom it may concern: I'm not even SUPER mad about changing recipes in general. It wreaks a bit of havoc because, whether you know it or not, S8, we have MEMORIZED the recipes. However, it's not the end of the world for me. The problem is not that you changed the recipes ... it's that you KEEP CHANGING THE RECIPES.

Rendering the market useless? Well, that's annoying, but I'll just ignore the market. So you took one interesting, nice facet of the game, which I'm sure someone worked hard to develop and you made it useless. No one with any sense is going to pay those prices. Could you have jacked them up a bit? Sure, but the prices are utterly laughable.

The change I'm actually maddest about is neutering the neighbor gifts. In all the other games I've played, we were able to send (and receive) something of value to neighbors. It actually is an integral part of the game, for me. Now, my neighbors are sending me eggs. I'm kind of embarrassed to send them gifts, because I'm PROBABLY SENDING THEM EGGS TOO! As a result, I'm not even gifting.

What part of the game are you going to destroy next?

kooky panda
03-16-15, 04:58 PM
Oh My!! Everything was fine when I left work! :eek:

Okay guys, I will flag this thread over to the CMs. Remember that on newer games, they do make changes but it does not mean they will be permanent.

We as a community have been able to get some things changed back, if we work together and provide good feedback.

Remember if the thread gets out of hand, it may get closed, so lets try and keep it open and keep your posts constructive and all make sure to follow the forum rules when posting.

ellyse99
03-16-15, 04:59 PM
Osso Buco now earns a total of 2220 coins, a bit more than the old recipe which earned 2000 coins, but a bit less than the 2nd recipe which required so many onions and only earned 2500 coins.
Cucumber Sandwich now requires mayo but earns a tiny bit more, 900 coins instead of 800.

mamareader02
03-16-15, 05:03 PM
Oh My!! Everything was fine when I left work! :eek:

Okay guys, I will flag this thread over to the CMs. Remember that on newer games, they do make changes but it does not mean they will be permanent.

We as a community have been able to get some things changed back, if we work together and provide good feedback.

Remember if the thread gets out of hand, it may get closed, so lets try and keep it open and keep your posts constructive and all make sure to follow the forum rules when posting.

You know I adore you Kooky,but I left feedback alright,in the App Store!first time I've done a bad review,but I'm tired of all the changes swinging wildly in their favor,im a loyal customer,as many others are,we deserve a little more respect

iyadudu
03-16-15, 05:04 PM
I could be wrong, but did marinara pizza use to earn 4500 coins? It's now 1800 coins... or maybe I just had the wrong info typed up earlier.

Lol you are right! Of all the changes, that's the one I'm most mad about. Smh!

ellyse99
03-16-15, 05:06 PM
The way I see it, they want players to upgrade their store capacity, which require both parts and coins, instead of taking the easy way out and upgrading the street market which requires only parts but not coins. So if you want more ingredients to cook with then either you pay more coins in one shot (to upgrade store capacity) or pay more as you play (to buy from street market).

ellyse99
03-16-15, 05:08 PM
Earning for Lox Bagel has gone down from 1260 coins to 960 coins.

ellyse99
03-16-15, 05:09 PM
Earning for Meat Lover Pizza has also gone down from 1800 coins to 1440 coins.

iyadudu
03-16-15, 05:11 PM
Greed...there's just NO EXPLANATION for all the recent changes. The PROFESSIONAL thing to do (as with every professional organization) will be to at least inform the players of the changes, and why. Not just SNEAKINGLY go in and make changes that has now rendered the game un-playable...smh. The game is now useless for me.

That being said, au revoir!

queentina3
03-16-15, 05:12 PM
I had a feeling those pizza's were going to change when FrozenTurtle responded to the thread questioning the income on them both earlier. It should have stayed off their radar. LOL

ETA: added link to that thread.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79733-Confused-over-pizza

ellyse99
03-16-15, 05:14 PM
Salmon Sushi now earns marginally more, 2100 coins instead of 2010 coins.

ellyse99
03-16-15, 05:15 PM
Tuna Sushi now earns 1100 coins instead of 950 coins.

queentina3
03-16-15, 05:15 PM
The way I see it, they want players to upgrade their store capacity, which require both parts and coins, instead of taking the easy way out and upgrading the street market which requires only parts but not coins. So if you want more ingredients to cook with then either you pay more coins in one shot (to upgrade store capacity) or pay more as you play (to buy from street market).

Or the third option - quit the game. :p

ellyse99
03-16-15, 05:17 PM
Meatloaf earning down to 1350 coins from 1650.

FrozenTurtle
03-16-15, 05:18 PM
Thank you everyone for sharing your feedback regarding these recent changes. Please keep the discussion on track and be sure you are only posting constructive comments. If the discussion starts running off-topic, posts may be removed or the thread may be closed. We do want to hear what you have to say, so please continue sharing your feedback and encourage your neighbors to do so as well. Thank you all for your continued support!

queentina3
03-16-15, 05:20 PM

We want an explanation, a valid one. Can you at least provide that considering you're always asking for our feedback but never providing any back to us? Thank you!

njspooky
03-16-15, 05:22 PM
It's like every week someone's like "Some people are still playing the game? Challenge accepted." :p

ellyse99
03-16-15, 05:24 PM
Cr?me Brulee now makes 1100 servings and earns 3300 coins. Yay! BUT...

Cooking time is now 3 hours instead of 40 mins!

mamareader02
03-16-15, 05:29 PM
We want an explanation, a valid one. Can you at least provide that considering you're always asking for our feedback but never providing any back to us? Thank you!

Hoping they take us seriously

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 05:30 PM
Aww they only want constructive feedbacks. You are really good at destroying a good game and generating disgust! Well done! Time to rate the game as well. I think this is below Comcast.

orleansparish
03-16-15, 05:30 PM
I just came here to see what was happening. Because I made a vanilla milkshake and it needed Just one vanilla. I read the first page here and now ginger is needed for sushi?! So stupid! How can we keep things constructive when the ideas thrown randomly around in the game aren't! I'll read the rest of the page but feel ill get more and more annoyed.

deucedeuce22
03-16-15, 05:32 PM
Street market prices had to change, it was too good. There was zero reason to upgrade your markets when you could get everything off the street market in less time. Street market was meant to get premium ingredients at a premium price for those who didn't want to wait for restock times.

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 05:35 PM
Rate the game people, rate the game at the App Store. That's probably where people who matters (potential new customers) will listen.

orleansparish
03-16-15, 05:37 PM
So while making these changes,you couldn't make it slightly easier on us for onions?!it would be nice to once in awhile say"yay!!!thank you TL"

What are you talking about? I do thank them. For saving me the $50 I was about to spend on gems. Not going to happen. This is idiotic. It's already complicated making the dishes you want, when you want. But to raise the prices of items in the stand. On top of altering times and ingredients needed...is too much...why?

I stuck with bakery when they went all dumb. But won't have a problem doing it here, because $50 is all ive put into the game. Who takes the fun out of a game to make it as hard a calculus? Bright thinkers making decions.

blackestwinter
03-16-15, 05:37 PM
Street market prices had to change, it was too good. There was zero reason to upgrade your markets when you could get everything off the street market in less time. Street market was meant to get premium ingredients at a premium price for those who didn't want to wait for restock times.

If that were truly the case, then the market wouldn't be overloaded with low tier items.

enaid03
03-16-15, 05:38 PM
Constructive? Seriously? You don't take any of our comments constructively.

I do not have a problem with you changing prices slightly for the market. 10 coins one week, 20 the next week. But hundreds? Over 400 coins in one day? You are asking a lot.

Changing prices for established users and recipes? Introduce new recipes with ridiculous requirements all you want. This many changes in a couple of days?

And what gets me the most is your silence. A vague post on welcoming comments. I guess we are the fools.

enaid03
03-16-15, 05:39 PM
Thank you all for your continued support!

That is VERY questionable at this point.

queentina3
03-16-15, 05:40 PM
If that were truly the case, then the market wouldn't be overloaded with low tier items.

Exactly. Why bother having egg, bread, cheese, and at the time when it refreshed in a minute, lettuce available in the market? Or even the Tomato overload that I normally get. Those are all very quick turn-around ingredients and no reason to put them in the Street Market if its sole purpose was meant to get PREMIUM ingredients at a PREMIUM price.

mchat2045
03-16-15, 05:41 PM
I wonder if the people making these changes are sitting around in some office somewhere laughing at us. THAT'S how bad some of the changes are!

queentina3
03-16-15, 05:44 PM
Constructive? Seriously? You don't take any of our comments constructively.

And what gets me the most is your silence. A vague post on welcoming comments. I guess we are the fools.

That is exactly how I feel - a fool. This is always the case though. They thank us for our comments, welcome our feedback, but NEVER give us a VALID answer. It's always "game economy" and then silence........I swear you can hear the crickets or even a pin drop when we ask them to give US information, but expect US to give them everything.

Knife in the back, slap in the face. That is what this is. And that is being constructive and honest. If it was you, TL, you'd feel the same way so try looking at things from OUR point-of-view every now and then, eh?

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 05:52 PM
Or the third option - quit the game. :p

That option is looking real good right now. Been fun meeting people here, but dealing with TL is just a waste of time.

Bloody disgusting.

GG_GAME
03-16-15, 05:54 PM

And we need constructive support. Not something of an update that doesn't go through app store. What a woke up surprise for me.

well, guess what. My wife has been annoying with me putting too much time in playing this game, maybe this update could give me a real break. *i won't delete it since i have 128gb but i won't log in either. Thank you for making such wonderful game in the past, guys.

njspooky
03-16-15, 05:55 PM
They got tired of us having such unbalanced access to cucumbers. Can you blame them?

cocauina
03-16-15, 06:00 PM
That is exactly how I feel - a fool. This is always the case though. They thank us for our comments, welcome our feedback, but NEVER give us a VALID answer. It's always "game economy" and then silence........I swear you can hear the crickets or even a pin drop when we ask them to give US information, but expect US to give them everything.

Knife in the back, slap in the face. That is what this is. And that is being constructive and honest. If it was you, TL, you'd feel the same way so try looking at things from OUR point-of-view every now and then, eh?

In another game of them, when I email them, the only explanation I receive is "Sync Error", when I'm not stupid and the game was more than sincronized.

Besides the changing of recipes for certain food that wheren't new and TL should NOT change the recipes, the game is always processing, I lose ingredients because of this. I play for around 5min, the game is already sincronized I collect for example, broccolis, and when I notice, the game is processing again, I lose 2 broccoli and I need to wait the time needed to collect again, when the game just robbed me.

This version is very bugged, the older one didn't do even one thing that this one does. Very unhappy.

Oh, another thing the St.Patrick man only appears 4 times a day in my game, and when he appears it only gives me a certain number that doesn't allow me to do the "Green Spice". In the beggining I was able to produce 2 or 3 green spice's, now? Only produce 1 per day and to produce 2 per day I need to be on the game every second.

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 06:04 PM
The one thing worse than the muppets that develop and plan this game is the incompetent turd that communicates with customers in these forum. "We shafted you all, now let's say some nice thing about us or shut up, k?"

If the changes didn't make people disgusted and insulted, the "communication" sure did.

ellyse99
03-16-15, 06:05 PM
BTW, I haven't unlocked supreme pizza or dessert pizza, nor vanilla milkshake or ratatouille. Anyone can give feedback on changes for these, if any?

FranDresner
03-16-15, 06:12 PM
The street market has become worthless now. I feel silly for upgrading it so much. Also not happy with the recipe changes and refresh times on the ingredients and the herb garden.
Instead of poorly micromanaging the shops, recipes and street market, why don't they open up the other areas of the game, like the boat and hot dog stand, which have been dormant since starting.
Their idea seems to be to slow progress in the game but it's already too late for lots of players who are reaching the level limit and simply discouraging for new players who have just be*** playing.

sarahm2015
03-16-15, 06:13 PM
I'm hoping that these changes are a mistake or not permanent. If there are more changes which continue along the same path, it looks like it could severely reduce how much time that I (and others) are able to play. Few suggestions:

1. Reduce mayo refresh time or alter sandwich recipes to less mayo. I thought the Cucumber Sandwich recipe was fair without requiring mayo. Multiple sandwich recipes need mayo and the mayo refresh time is very, very long. My deli counters (2) will be mostly empty and I'm losing income potential on those 2 appliances. I know there are other deli counter recipes (antipasto platter etc), but I use those ingredients elsewhere.

2. Reduce price of ingredients in the Street Market. If the original prices were too low, I could understand raising them. But the prices are so high now that it looks barely economical to buy even one ingredient just to complete a recipe. I enjoyed checking the Street Market frequently but now I won't be.

3. Regaeding herbs, perhaps give more space in the pantry, make pantry upgrades more attainable, etc to accommodate for the HUGE increase of requiring herbs for spices, recipes, etc.

If these changes stay or recipes continue to be altered for the worse, I won't be playing as much. The reason is this: I like to have most appliances in use at all times and be checking the game/playing (at times) consistently without closing the app for long. Some appliances are making longer, more special recipes and the others are cranking out quick, more attainable recipes (Pizza Bread, Veggie Sushi, Cucumber Sandwich, etc). If I can't make those quick recipes (Cucumber Sandwich) I won't play consistently and I'll fall away from being logged in and playing. Also when I'm playing consistently, I'm logged in and clicking the water requests for more income. I wouldn't be logged in consistently as much and I would lose that water request income.

The same concept applies for the Street Market. When I'm logged in and checking on dishes or playing consistently, I used to check the Street Market all the time. At the current prices, there would be no point in looking at the Street Market because it doesn't seem economical.

I really enjoy this game and I think the pace and difficulty has been just right. Expansions, recipes, and unlocking ingredients are expensive but attainable after a few days of work. To me, it's been just challenging enough and I like the pace.

If changes are being made to make the game MORE challenging, I don't understand why and I would become frustrated. If the game needs to become more challenging for max level players, I suggest creating special (timed?) challenges etc for them. The mastery recipes seem like a great start to that. But if it takes months upon months to get the mastery recipes (ex: longer time for Cucumber Sandwich), it becomes almost unattainable and I would lose interest.

Hope you guys can take the community feedback into consideration and maybe even reverse some changes or make updates which would improve playing and encourage more, not less, of it. Thanks!

njspooky
03-16-15, 06:14 PM

Too true.

queentina3
03-16-15, 06:22 PM
That is one of the biggest downfalls to these changes - many of us won't be able to keep cooking on all our appliances as the ingredients won't be available to cook with (either being used in another dish or being replenished) so we'll just store them. We'll have less food on the counters so we'll start storing tables and only have a few out so that we can have food to sell. Less tables means less customers sitting and eating - food stays longer. Since we can't cook as much, we can't sell as much, we can't spend as much. Who loses out then? Both TL and US. They lose out because we aren't spending coin or gems on any decorations or upgrades, and US because we can't really play the game anymore.

Just like Bakery back in Sept '12, if we can't COOK why bother playing a cooking game TL? You lost a ton of customers back then, if you recall, the same will happen here if you don't readjust these changes to something much more reasonable.

rosewaterlily
03-16-15, 06:29 PM
They keep making all these changes nobody wants but things people actively request like choosing which herbs to plant and increasing the pantry/toolbox go ignored forever. Street market is pointless now although I may still pick up some super expensive mayo because I want to finish that cucumber sandwich goal.

queentina3
03-16-15, 06:33 PM
They keep making all these changes nobody wants but things people actively request like choosing which herbs to plant and increasing the pantry/toolbox go ignored forever. Street market is pointless now although I may still pick up some super expensive mayo because I want to finish that cucumber sandwich goal.

SEE, that is exactly what they want though! If people do that then there's no reason for them to change back. Don't cave in, don't submit! LOL!!

ElaineCarrel
03-16-15, 06:34 PM
Did the restock time of lettuce chg from 1 min to 5 mins or has it always been 5 mins?

VelvetRose22
03-16-15, 06:37 PM
Crazy. I am thinking they make fun of us and what is worse sure TL dont read this forum posts .... :((, cant believe. I was saving money for totally different things and now I needed to unlock mayo much sooner than planned. This way I never expand restaurant :(((((

jandtandn
03-16-15, 06:37 PM
Did the restock time of lettuce chg from 1 min to 5 mins or has it always been 5 mins?

No, I could have sworn it was always 1 minute. Also, Pizza Marinara has changed from making 4,500 coins to 1,800 coins. I was about to buy the Commercial Oven for 50,000 coins only to come back to my restaurant and see that it is now 95,000 coins!

itztobs
03-16-15, 06:40 PM
That option is looking real good right now. Been fun meeting people here, but dealing with TL is just a waste of time.

Bloody disgusting.

TL is just pushing our limits to the next level. I am sure sooner or later, the population of RS2 would decrease dramatically, if the company doesn't revert things back to the original form.

queentina3
03-16-15, 06:48 PM

Yes it changed to 5 minutes. Many things changed - recipe ingredients, timing on ingredients, pricing income, street market pricing, tool requirements for some upgrades....You name it, they changed it.

jim23cash
03-16-15, 06:51 PM
I started this game late, with the Valentines edition. I have found it incredibly hard to expand, and have only received ONE shovel the entire time. (I'm level 32 now). Since I haven't had the parts to expand garden or restaurant much, I put my parts to use in adding slots in market and increasing pantry size. To make the part situation worse, about a quarter of the time, cid drops ONE gem! Seriously? It takes a minimum of 8 gems per part! Cid should either only gift parts, or gift enough gems to buy a part! I have to wait long enough to get the ridiculous amount of parts needed for EVERYTHING.
So I had decided that almost any type of expansion or growth was gonna cost me some gems. I was not thrilled with that, but I was enjoying the game enough otherwise, so I kept playing. Lately, all my recipes have been requiring the same items at the same time, especially the St P day ones. So occasionally, I bought a spice or clover w gems. I've been getting less alright with that. It seems the goals won't be reachable without spending gems now, too.
The one thing I loved about this game was the market. Even tho it often had multiples of things I didn't need, the ability to grab an extra item here and there for coins was awesome. That has been ruined now.
And change gifting system back! This new system is confusing and complicated. I can't ever remember who I already gifted or who usually gifts me. And we should be able to gift PARTS to our neighbors, or at least select what we give, like in CS.
I'm not seeing how this game could be fun for me anymore. I'm going to just delete it now. I'm only sorry I spent money on it at all, and that I still have some gems left.
So long RS2, and so long neighbors.

shellandtrev
03-16-15, 06:59 PM
I have deleted the game I'm a little fed up with Storm 8 games lately

sushi0606
03-16-15, 07:03 PM
I don't usually post, but I believe it is important to voice my opinion on the matter. I feel these new changes are absurd! I play so much my house work has been suffering, but now I'm very glad I did not add gems yet. I will wait to see if the game we all were very much enjoying returns back to normal. I don't agree with exaggerated prices out of no where, changes in already existing recipes, ect... I feel that TL has just broke something that didn't need to be fixed.

VelvetRose22
03-16-15, 07:16 PM
Tomato soup takes now 1 hour to make, sure it was 15-20 mins or no??? This is too much on me ...

FranDresner
03-16-15, 07:20 PM
I feel that it is underhand for the developers to make changes of this nature without informing the player base. I bought from the street market this morning when I logged on, without checking the prices. I realised I'd spent 600 coins on three rather basic items. The experience has left me feeling uncomfortable with TL and their methods.
They are abusing their player base and it is a little ugly.

iyadudu
03-16-15, 07:22 PM
Tomato soup takes now 1 hour to make, sure it was 15-20 mins or no??? This is too much on me ...

It used to take just 4 minutes! Now it's a whole hour! I can't believe it...smh

WinnyWoos
03-16-15, 07:24 PM

Bloody disgusting.

Ekk, I was waiting for you to come on. You were actually the first person I thought of when I started reading about the street market:(

nmishii
03-16-15, 07:26 PM
BTW, I haven't unlocked supreme pizza or dessert pizza, nor vanilla milkshake or ratatouille. Anyone can give feedback on changes for these, if any?

No change to dessert pizza or ratatouille.

It looks like they originally put the wrong sales and plate count with the wrong pizzas in the original release. The supreme pizza, meat lover pizza, and pizza marinara all were switched around. So now supreme pizza is 4500 coins, 5 servings per plate, and people may actually make it now.

Vanilla milkshake is still a 6 coin per plate recipe, but dropped from 300 to 225 servings. But they dropped vanilla from 3 to 1 so its a better change.

queentina3
03-16-15, 07:28 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78592-Cookbook-Recipe-book-Organized-by-appliance-type

That thread hasn't been updated yet and the first post has all the recipes with their cost, income, timing, and ingredients prior to the changes. The only thing that isn't listed is the refresh time on ingredients that changed, that you can find here and also hasn't been updated yet: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?76788-Restaurant-Story-2-Guide&p=1029954&viewfull=1#post1029954

The other changes that were made that I'm not sure if there was ever a listing is the street market pricing - though do we really need to compare when the changes went from double to triple digits? The other changes, also not sure if there is a full listing in the game guide, doesn't look like it, is the requirements for upgrading the garden, street market, shops, and restaurant. Those also had changes made based off of some that were about to upgrade before these changes.

I figured I'd post those two links so people don't have to keep asking if this or that changed, you can look and check for yourself and then post your comment on the change - constructive good or bad, per TL's rules. :rolleyes:

WinnyWoos
03-16-15, 07:28 PM
Exactly. Why bother having egg, bread, cheese, and at the time when it refreshed in a minute, lettuce available in the market? Or even the Tomato overload that I normally get. Those are all very quick turn-around ingredients and no reason to put them in the Street Market if its sole purpose was meant to get PREMIUM ingredients at a PREMIUM price.

EXACTLY. If and that's a big "if" considering who the hell knows what the purpose of things are in this game anymore, then when I open my street market, I want to see PREMIUM items and get all the bs items out of it.

jaxporter
03-16-15, 07:33 PM
There are clearly different staff teams or deptments over at Team Lava. I've been a loyal Dragon Story and Castle Story player since they began nearly 3 years ago. I have had a few glitches and purchasing mishaps, but the team lava staff has always been great and went above and beyond to take care of its players in the forum, via email, via game parameters, and rewards for mishaps etc. I have spent far more $ than I probably should on both CS & DS. I've never regretted a dime given to this company until today. I truly wish I had not purchased the fish tank package yesterday or the gems last week for decor.

I believe I have played every game they have thus far because I always participate in the "new ones as goals" events. I leave glowing reviews for TL for the ones I like. But, today I have realized there must be different groups managing different games. Never have I seen players treated in this manner. I'm sad because I thought I found another TL game to play in between major events in the other games.

I was willing to go with the flow, swallow the irritation with the tomato sauce, and give the new settings a chance. The pizza marinara made up for a lot and I was still making decent money so I kept playing. But this update is too much. Street market prices, mayo, ginger, lettuce, garden times, lack of planting choice, the list goes on.

I will check back in a few days and see if they have responded to feedback, but if not, I will be deleting the game and adding my usual honest review to the App Store (and deleting neighbors so those who choose to stay won't be cluttered by inactive neighbors) I'm grabbing my time, energy, & money and running back to CS to collect tulips with TL staff I trust. Good luck and God speed to those who continue on.

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 07:45 PM
How do you really feel about the way TL treats their customers? The way they sold items promising one value but then switch it to something totally worthless? Are you happy with the way they do things? Do you feel like they are trying to drive away old customers that have already spent all they were going to spend and they are too lazy to add new content? Do you think new potential customers trying to decide whether to download this game at the App Store needs to know about his? Because if TL shafted us repeatedly now surely they will shaft new players they are trying to replace us with too.

Do the right thing, let people know what kind of business model TL runs on. Oh and the gems for download tricks is probably a good thing to talk to apple about too.

deucedeuce22
03-16-15, 07:49 PM
It's on a 10 minute refresh rate what do you expect? You'll have varying degrees of usefulness, but it's still better then waiting hours for market restocks. They are just trying to slow down the rate in which you make money back. More and more people finish all the available content every day, they need to slow people down until they get more of the game updated and fine tuned.

Adapt or leave, anyone who's played a TL game should have grasped the concept by now.

travelingcircus
03-16-15, 07:58 PM
I am also very unhappy with these changes. I have multiple appliances that are pretty worthless now, in addition to my street market.

Are we also getting screwed on the items already on our counter? Since now they have changed earnings, are we getting the money earned when we made the recipe, or are we receiving money based on the new pricing?

queentina3
03-16-15, 07:59 PM
It's on a 10 minute refresh rate what do you expect? You'll have varying degrees of usefulness, but it's still better then waiting hours for market restocks. They are just trying to slow down the rate in which you make money back. More and more people finish all the available content every day, they need to slow people down until they get more of the game updated and fine tuned.

Adapt or leave, anyone who's played a TL game should have grasped the concept by now.

When a street market with 9 slots has most of them filled with eggs, cheese, bread, tomatoes and maybe a beef, lobster, rice, and veggie, then it isn't a PREMIUM usage market at PREMIUM pricing only. You're making an assumption on how TL decided the Street Market was going to run from the start, and most of us disagree with your assumption. It doesn't make sense for it to be for PREMIUM GOODS at PREMIUM PRICES when we're getting EGGS, BREAD, and CHEESE in it. Those aren't premium ingredients so your explanation doesn't wash.

Also, we're allowed to complain about the changes and hope TL reverts back to something that is at least reasonable. We shouldn't have to adapt to a change that is hundreds of dollars in difference, nor should we have to quit a game we've put time, effort, and money into.

yoyou2002
03-16-15, 08:03 PM
U need no street market any more,

Lots of diamonds will solve any trouble,

Please pay for them!

Or delete it ...

queentina3
03-16-15, 08:04 PM
I am also very unhappy with these changes. I have multiple appliances that are pretty worthless now, in addition to my street market.

Are we also getting screwed on the items already on our counter? Since now they have changed earnings, are we getting the money earned when we made the recipe, or are we receiving money based on the new pricing?

Unless the per coin amount was changed there isn't any real way to know without TL telling us, and I doubt they'll do that. Most likely it is at the new pricing as that is how the changes work in the other food type games of theirs (RS and BS). Once the change is put into the game, it even affected the food cooking and the food selling. That is why a lot of us were in an uproar over the BS changes years ago because they changed the pricing and we had thousands of dishes on our counters that were now going to sell at the lower price when we cooked them at the higher price. In essence, many of us lost out on money originally due to us when we cooked the recipe and may not have cooked it in the first place if we'd known the profit was going to be so low that is was basically non-existent.

ellyse99
03-16-15, 08:04 PM

We're getting paid according to the new pricing. Cr?me Brulee used to be 5 coins per serving, now it's 3 coins, and I watched my customers just now to check, sure enough only 3 coins for cr?me brulee.

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 08:08 PM
Bait and switch is a crime, of course they can get away with it by selling tokens and not in game items. Just because they can legally get around it, doesn't make it any less morally offensive. They promoted a game based on reasonable game economy that people decided was worth investing in, once it's sold they devalue everything you've purchased, yes they have done it repeatedly, doesn't make it any more acceptable.

cocauina
03-16-15, 08:09 PM
WHAT THE HECK?!

I just notice that the Lettuce takes 5 MINUTES, when we only needed to wait 1 MINUTE before TL changed the recipes and the time that we needed to wait to collect again the ingredients.

LindaBLB
03-16-15, 08:11 PM
I've had enough. I'm tired of playing these games for a company that just goes out of their way to ***** their customers and treat them badly over and over. I'm done. Going to delete all TL games now.

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 08:11 PM
We are getting screwed with items already on counters. I don't sell 3 coins items, I built a stockpile of marinara pizza that wasted a lot of my onions that I now have to delete.

cocauina
03-16-15, 08:20 PM
The download tricks for gems I think is legal, since they have done this for a long time.. We download the game, play, and when we reach the level/points required, we receive another goal to buy decor or visit certain number of community members.

About the recipes changes, the game robbing ingredients that I just collected, the Street Market prices become more expensive and the time that we need to wait to collect the ingredients again, being raised. TL is being too mean for us, when we have been daily players and being loyal to them, giving our feedback, ideas and warn them about bugs, when they don't even have the corage enough to admit the errors/bugs and warn the players about the changes.

This is unfair, if we have to give our feedback, they need to give their feedback also about the community they have playing their games.

techiegirl
03-16-15, 08:22 PM
The best feedback you can give is stop buying gems. That's how they make money.

cocauina
03-16-15, 08:23 PM
We are getting screwed with items already on counters. I don't sell 3 coins items, I built a stockpile of marinara pizza that wasted a lot of my onions that I now have to delete.

I've been deleting many onions, ginger and basil because I don't have enough space in my pantry, and I delete this things because I don't use them so much like I use the rest.

At least Farm Story 2 is better with the ingredients that we have in excess, at least in there we have the option to sell our ingredients and have the opportunite to choose the price to put in what we want to sell and the price that we want to spent in ingredients that we need to buy.

Beecause
03-16-15, 08:25 PM
Did they have to do this right smack dab in the middle of a timed goal???

I haven't opened my game in almost 5 hours

too discouraged, depressed, upset, irritated to take a deep breath and just play the game while
hoping these changes get fixed.

I had just wrapped my brain around the fact that I might not complete the St. Pat goals and
was ok with that when the changes started showing up. Now I really won't complete the goal as
I still can't bring myself to open the game. Stupid Lucky with his stupid shamrocks.

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 08:26 PM
Actually they first rely on large enough potential customer base. This would affect their ranking in the gaming industry, and also economy of scale: more people exposed to their games, allowing them platform to cross advertise, make money off Facebook, and potentially become paying customers one day.

So number of players including non paying players is still valuable to a gaming company, even though TL treats everybody equally as if they were all worthless.

neth3rtwist
03-16-15, 08:35 PM
Tomato Soup... TOMATO SOUP of all things takes an HOUR NOW. I couldnt believe my eyes with that one.

queentina3
03-16-15, 08:35 PM
I know I've stated it already but one of my biggest gripes, street market pricing aside, is that the spices are being added to the recipes. I liked having the Spice machine and using them there, to now have to use them also for recipes, when they are a RANDOM DROP, is not acceptable to me. I'm already juggling what to make based off of ingredients available to me to buy from the stores, when they're available, how long refresh - that for TL to add in a Spice to a recipe when I'm not guaranteed on getting that spice AT ALL, is just not right or fair.

If I decide to keep playing, which I haven't decided yet, then I'll probably only focus and cook dishes that don't require the spices being added to them. I only have 6 plots as it is and CID rarely drops me shovels, so increasing the garden isn't an option without spending gems, which I won't do because that is exactly what they want, me to spend gems to upgrade.

I also don't like the fact that instead of decreasing the refresh time on things like onions, lobster, butter, mushrooms, they increase it on items like lettuce! Not to mention the changing cook times for recipes from 4 minutes to 1 hour. What was so wrong with Tomato Soup taking 4 minutes? My tomato soup would be burnt if I cooked it for an hour in real life, but 4 minutes...acceptable. :rolleyes:

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 08:37 PM
Tomato Soup... TOMATO SOUP of all things takes an HOUR NOW. I couldnt believe my eyes with that one.

It also used to be a 4 coins dish but now only sells for 2. So if you already have some on your counter they just stole half of it's worth

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 08:38 PM
To think I wasted house spice on my marinara pizza which will all end up in the bin.

Actually doesn't matter, I'll most likely stop playing as well.

queentina3
03-16-15, 08:40 PM
To think I wasted house spice on my marinara pizza which will all end up in the bin.

Actually doesn't matter, I'll most likely stop playing as well.

Just stop cooking and store you appliances for now. It gives you a chance to finally clear your counters and maybe (though doubtful) TL will change their minds and fix this atrocious update. :p

dmist24
03-16-15, 08:53 PM
Tsk! So many recipe changes! I never saw it coming until I saw the Tuna Roll now requires ginger! That tomato soup is 1 hour! Super crazy! Oh, those market prices! Imagine buying them and it will be too hard to recover those coins! I have enough! Time to quit for now.. That street market crazy prices really ****ed the game..

cquinn32
03-16-15, 09:04 PM
Don't understand the logic!! I mean I have been playing the game for months and rather enjoying it even spent a little money along the way but now everything just seems impossible and pointless to even try for. Now I have no intentions of playing much at all and definitely won't be spending any money.

Who cares if a player feels as if they are getting ahead spending a few dollars here and there until they ultimately get bored of game, at least they spent some money and there will be someone right behind them to take their place. Now you've just ruined it IMO and even a new player has to find this game unappealing now.

tiggerhobbes
03-16-15, 09:16 PM
They already dropped from four and a half stars a few hours ago to four stars now. Keep it up and we can tank it to one!

ariffraff
03-16-15, 09:16 PM
6 garden plots 4 of them have vanilla. How am I supposed to make anything?

babydollfire
03-16-15, 09:48 PM
Oh.. Funny, when i made a joke about them gifting eggs after they started gifting cheese and they started doing it... So I made a reference to the film "office space" as they work in their cubicles in Northern California.
Now, I think of a classic... Jack Nicholson "One who flew over the cuckoo's nest" great film, watch it, TL. It's a classic. ;-)

mactrooper
03-16-15, 10:46 PM
There are clearly different staff teams or deptments over at Team Lava. I've been a loyal Dragon Story and Castle Story player since they began nearly 3 years ago. I have had a few glitches and purchasing mishaps, but the team lava staff has always been great and went above and beyond to take care of its players in the forum, via email, via game parameters, and rewards for mishaps etc. I have spent far more $ than I probably should on both CS & DS. I've never regretted a dime given to this company until today. I truly wish I had not purchased the fish tank package yesterday or the gems last week for decor.

I believe I have played every game they have thus far because I always participate in the "new ones as goals" events. I leave glowing reviews for TL for the ones I like. But, today I have realized there must be different groups managing different games. Never have I seen players treated in this manner. I'm sad because I thought I found another TL game to play in between major events in the other games.

I was willing to go with the flow, swallow the irritation with the tomato sauce, and give the new settings a chance. The pizza marinara made up for a lot and I was still making decent money so I kept playing. But this update is too much. Street market prices, mayo, ginger, lettuce, garden times, lack of planting choice, the list goes on.

I will check back in a few days and see if they have responded to feedback, but if not, I will be deleting the game and adding my usual honest review to the App Store (and deleting neighbors so those who choose to stay won't be cluttered by inactive neighbors) I'm grabbing my time, energy, & money and running back to CS to collect tulips with TL staff I trust. Good luck and God speed to those who continue on.

TOTALLY agree with you,man!
I was thinking about spending some real money on this game, but that desire went PUFF! after these changes.
Talk about rigging much....

mactrooper
03-16-15, 10:52 PM
Bait and switch is a crime, of course they can get away with it by selling tokens and not in game items. Just because they can legally get around it, doesn't make it any less morally offensive. They promoted a game based on reasonable game economy that people decided was worth investing in, once it's sold they devalue everything you've purchased, yes they have done it repeatedly, doesn't make it any more acceptable.

Right to the point! Very well explained.
Those prices are ridiculous. And other annoying changes too.

zliverpool
03-16-15, 11:26 PM
Markets upgrade need more nails now. I should've just upgraded them earlier but now I lack lots of nails. The change is ridiculous and I am finding new simulation games now. If TL doesn't make changes in a reasonable way, I will definitely delete the game.

babydollfire
03-16-15, 11:39 PM
TOTALLY agree with you,man!
I was thinking about spending some real money on this game, but that desire went PUFF! after these changes.
Talk about rigging much....

They are all corrupt. Psych 101.... People may play and act nice, doesn't mean they aren't messing around like double charging you like dragon story. Same poster said he had issues "purchasing mishaps" please don't let that be a double charge on iTunes. Although mods on dragonstory were more honest and told us "don't bother emailing support, they rarely get back to you." It just depends on the integrity of the person. But that isn't a quality people admire these days.... Money prevails over honesty... Fast cash. What's that expression? Easy come, easy go? You'll fail at that rate.

elwingwhite
03-16-15, 11:59 PM
Now it's will be very hard to earn money to upgrade store or buy any decoration, it's let me felt very upset.

Maybe TL hope players upgrade shop, but I have to say if me, I won't unlock more food, unlock food need a lot of money, but long time to get (16hr 22hr) and expensive to buy form street market.

This crazy price let RS2 lost game's fun, I will delete this game, sorry.

blueshifted
03-17-15, 12:09 AM
Also, have negative reviews been removed / positive-review shills been employed? I went to look at Restaurant Story 2 on the App Store and recent reviews have mostly been 4- and 5-star in the past 2 days, which seems impossible to me.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 12:28 AM
How do you really feel about the way TL treats their customers? The way they sold items promising one value but then switch it to something totally worthless? Are you happy with the way they do things? Do you feel like they are trying to drive away old customers that have already spent all they were going to spend and they are too lazy to add new content? Do you think new potential customers trying to decide whether to download this game at the App Store needs to know about his? Because if TL shafted us repeatedly now surely they will shaft new players they are trying to replace us with too.

Do the right thing, let people know what kind of business model TL runs on. Oh and the gems for download tricks is probably a good thing to talk to apple about too.

Something has to be against Apple policy because whenever people mention downloading goals on their Idevices, crazy responses are written. Like, we don't offee free gems for downloads. And I'm like dude, yes Yall do! So something is up there and I have no idea why. I guess Apple prefers more discretion with their services? Kind of like the way TL designs mainly for Apple but yet they mentioned it being more difficult to get new versions of games released. And this is the reason why they come out more often on Google. Google may be more liberal and free flowing with their rules.

But it always annoyed me when Id see that response on here. Yes we are enticed to download other to games and yes we are promised and rewarded gems if we do so. So what's the big deal? Other Apple games do this too. Maybe there is nothing wrong with it. Just an observation. But I do know lies are written here about it not being done.

rosewaterlily
03-17-15, 12:36 AM
Is CID still coming by every 30 minutes? I feel like suddenly he's coming by less often than the leprechaun, although I haven't timed my game.

mariamiller1
03-17-15, 01:06 AM
Why is it charging me hundred of dollars for items, if you bought those you would LOSE money making things, I'm a gem buyer and highly addicted to your game but won't olay anymore if that's not fixed

DrP4ever
03-17-15, 01:52 AM
Guess it is one more game of theirs to delete. Once you take the fun out of it, why stay? Changing prices and ingredients is a bad idea. Have a feeling the App Store reviews are going to be some fun reading ;-)

mariamiller1
03-17-15, 01:53 AM
Hi I'm a gem buyer and frequent player. iPad version
My street market is suddenly charging $500 for butter and $400 for an orange, please tell me this is a bug and your fixing it. At those prices you would lose money and soon be negitive. Let me know if that's the new way the game will be so I can uninstall it and stop playing. You also keep changing the recipes. It's not fair to pay and learn a recipe, then you change it and make it harder. I love this game and really hope you fix the street market and recipes asap

Sandeuro
03-17-15, 01:59 AM
Bye bye Restaurant Story.

cocauina
03-17-15, 02:05 AM
They are doing it legal now because they have to. Wonder why I quit dragonstory? I'd purchase something click ONCE and I'd get double the amount(charged TWICE) I thought it was a glitch. Contacted them and they blamed iTunes, iTunes blamed them. Contacted my bank and was immediately transferred to fraud department. I won.
In dragonstory there were helping walls, I posted about this issue... Within 24 hours several people complained about the same issue. iTunes always confirms the purchase yet I would see double charges on bank statements, and wondering why they gave me twice then what I paid for.
Luckily, it hasn't happened in this game. Maybe too many chargeback fraud complaints? But I can't say they haven't been involved in the past with it.
My bank investigated . They are wary.

That's why I don't spent money in TL games. Whenever there's a game and money involved, some companys can get REALLY greedy and put their own company in risk because of what they have done.

tiggerhobbes
03-17-15, 02:10 AM
Guess it is one more game of theirs to delete. Once you take the fun out of it, why stay? Changing prices and ingredients is a bad idea. Have a feeling the App Store reviews are going to be some fun reading ;-)

I left a pretty honest review there with no foul language but it disappeared. Wonder if they can actually go in and delete messages.

njspooky
03-17-15, 02:34 AM

Make a game people like to play, anyone who's made dozens of games should have grasped the concept by now.

Provide support people want, anyone who's heard this much feedback should have grasped the concept by now.

Debate with people on a message board without insulting everyone who disagrees with you, anyone who's spent time being social on Earth should have grasped the concept by now.

Isn't that fun?

itztobs
03-17-15, 03:42 AM
The best feedback you can give is stop buying gems. That's how they make money.

That is partially true. They make profits by people downloading the app also, and the perfect way to revenge what they have done to us, is to even stop playing the game period!

itztobs
03-17-15, 04:19 AM
I left a pretty honest review there with no foul language but it disappeared. Wonder if they can actually go in and delete messages.

They sure have the ability to do so. And beside that all the comments from last night were all 4-5 ratings. I think they made some fake profiles and complimented their own app. So ridiculously pathetic.

katmart
03-17-15, 05:58 AM
I just expanded my veggie store to five slots to help finish the cucumber sandwiches goal and then they pull a recipe switch on us, ugh! Now mayo refresh is going to limit my sandwich making.

The street market has become super expensive also, I'm seeing an orange in one slot for 270 and previously the max was like 90. Potatoes selling around 180. Seriously?

I completely agree! Please, please, change the recipes back and lower the prices in the street market. I have stopped using the street market because the prices are now nearly 10 times higher than the regular shops, rather than nearly 2 times as high that it used to be. At this rate, the street market will become redundant!

dijkstramaaike
03-17-15, 05:58 AM
It seems like TL has listened to some of the feedback? Some of my streetmarket prices are still ridiculously high, but some of them are fairly normal right now! Atm for example I have this:

Tomato $14
Tomato $12
Egg $7
Cucumber - $146
Salmon - $261
Flour - $75
Egg - $8
Cream - $71
Salmon - $248
Bacon - $108
Bread - $11

Ok, the salmon, cucumber and bacon are still too high and the cream and flour haven't got a normal price either, but the rest of the prices seem okay, right?

queentina3
03-17-15, 06:02 AM
It seems like TL has listened to some of the feedback? Some of my streetmarket prices are still ridiculously high, but some of them are fairly normal right now! Atm for example I have this:

Tomato $14
Tomato $12
Egg $7
Cucumber - $146
Salmon - $261
Flour - $75
Egg - $8
Cream - $71
Salmon - $248
Bacon - $108
Bread - $11

Ok, the salmon, cucumber and bacon are still too high and the cream and flour haven't got a normal price either, but the rest of the prices seem okay, right?

No, egg was at most $2, rarely $3, and bread fluctuated between $3 & $4, so those prices are still much higher than they were. Who in their right mind would pay $8 for an egg when it refreshes in seconds and only costs $1 in the general store?

Summerwind1980
03-17-15, 06:27 AM
Dear TL, the new Update is just ridiculous. 148 Coins for 1 Sugar in Streetmarket when i get for Sugar Cookies only 150 Coins? The relation between prices and earnings doesnt seem to be balanced now. Buying in a Pharmacy is cheaper...
Upgrading Butcher requires now a Hammer and all other upgrades requires now more Items.
Also i liked to cook Tomatoe Soup between the other things just to see it takes now 1hr and 2 cream.
If you change receipes, you should drop the refreshing time of some Items instead of increasing them. I'm not against changes in the game, but as you can see, this was just a fail. Please give us our old Game back!

orleansparish
03-17-15, 06:30 AM
My Cid the Teamster has been Hoffa'd! Ever since this new rollout came he's been missing. Along with Lilly. Anyone else having this problem? The jolly green midget has been coming around but those two haven't. I've been checking the game every 20-30 minutes too. I need one darn nail for my expansion but its on hold.

queentina3
03-17-15, 06:43 AM
My Cid the Teamster has been Hoffa'd! Ever since this new rollout came he's been missing. Along with Lilly. Anyone else having this problem? The jolly green midget has been coming around but those two haven't. I've been checking the game every 20-30 minutes too. I need one darn nail for my expansion but its on hold.

No, haven't seen them and have since shut my doors while I work out the new costs....I turned all the chairs, put a lamp in front of the host table, and blocked the door with a statue.

TL really messed up the game when they input these changes. It was hard enough getting parts since it's a random drop, now they've taken the guy away completely. I really wish they would get their act together. Honestly, how hard is it for them to look at all CURRENT recipes and the ones they plan on rolling out shortly and adjust them all at the same time? Instead we get every week a different change. We're a social experiment, that's all.

TL, this is really bad business and any college professor would laugh if they were handed the business model you're working under. Most real restaurants would stop using you as a supplier. There are other Apps in the iTunes store, maybe you should remember that, as it isn't going to take much more before you see an exodus of PAYING players. Food for thought, and it's worth $600 (the price of Lobster in my market.)

omnidios
03-17-15, 06:43 AM
This is the last straw. After continual nerfing our ability to progress and adding more and more unreasonable, unrealistic obstacles is just too much. This thread shows how frustrated the loyal player become, 130 posts in less than a day. I bet there has not a thread growing so rapidly in this entire forum.

Storm8/Team Lava, you made your choice screwing over players for the benefit you seemingly believe there is from this act, but it backfires much more severely than you think. This stupidity may ruin the game and never recover from its former glory.

Now I?ve made my choice of turning my back on your game and doing something more meaningful.

cquinn32
03-17-15, 06:49 AM
Is someone actually going to come here to explain these changes? Not just some lame reason like balancing game mechanics either!! I really want to like this game/spend money but that's up to you TL. :-(

enaid03
03-17-15, 06:57 AM
Is someone actually going to come here to explain these changes? Not just some lame reason like balancing game mechanics either!! I really want to like this game/spend money but that's up to you TL. :-(

I think we have a better chance of seeing pigs flying.

mchat2045
03-17-15, 07:05 AM
No, egg was at most $2, rarely $3, and bread fluctuated between $3 & $4, so those prices are still much higher than they were. Who in their right mind would pay $8 for an egg when it refreshes in seconds and only costs $1 in the general store?

And if you're REALLY lucky, maybe your neighbor will send you one for free! :rolleyes:

mamareader02
03-17-15, 07:07 AM
I didn't see my review last night in App Store-but it showed up today,and that's where you can voice your displeasure with the changes,where they can't delete your opinion

biba999
03-17-15, 07:07 AM
I am level 45 now, but it get's harder and harder due to the recipe change. I am about to loose interest in this game it just takes the fun out if it.

queentina3
03-17-15, 07:11 AM
And if you're REALLY lucky, maybe your neighbor will send you one for free! :rolleyes:

*snorts* That's right, I forgot about the egg gifting!!

Does anyone know if the cost of Lobster in the Seafood Shop changed or is it still the same? I can't get more for another 4 hours so the cost is just showing the gem amount at the moment for me. That is the last item I need to update to then figure out if it's worth still playing and just ignoring the street market or delete the game altogether. :)

Meloewa
03-17-15, 07:32 AM
i am fairly new to TL games, and the 73 days playing RS2 i almost spended like 100-150 euro on gems. but i can tell you TL, with this behaviour, i just don't put a penny in this game no more.. it just doesnt seems worth on the end no more. While other freemium games are open in communication with their customers... TL is like doing it the sneaky way.. really dissapointed :-/

travelingcircus
03-17-15, 07:59 AM
I did not know what subject to put this under because it didn't apply to just recipe changes or the recent update, since changes seem to keep happening. I do not understand the whole update in app satire if they can just go in and change the game at anytime. What is the purpose of updates in the App Store (most other games I have played only make changes through app updates).

How can I develop a strategy when you keep changing things in the middle of the game? Recipes that I enjoyed I can no longer make because of new ingredient requirements. Expansions now require more/different parts, and drops are random at best so there is no rhyme or reason to what I can upgrade. it's all based on what I have at the time that my toolbox is getting full.

I bought appliances and opened ingredients based on what I could produce and now half of my appliances sit idle because I cannot cook anything because of these changes that were randomly made.

I had opened the street market to 13 slots to enhance my playing experience, but now that is totally worthless because of the new exorbitant pricing.

The whole gifting program is pretty worthless now too. I used to get at least 2 quick serves a day, now I get 5 coins, a piece of cheese, 15 coins, no quick serves, and the rate of the gift giving has significantly declined.

I really did enjoy this game and looked forward to playing this, but TL totally took the fun out of it. I can't imagine just starting out playing this game at this time, I would have given up as a new customer.

I am holding out hope that you realize some of the mistakes and re-right this ship. You have a lot of loyal players/customers and it would be a shame to lose so many due to some random changes that keep occurring.

It would also be nice to hear from someone in staff so that people knew what was going on. This may keep people from having to keep complaining and know that you are taking this seriously. It is frustrating when things happen randomly, so many people are dissatisfied and there is nothing but silence. Unfortunately silence only instills more anger from the masses because they do not feel like their voices are being heard.

Please take this to heart and let us know. I can only wait for so long before I move on to the next thing...

441sogo
03-17-15, 08:07 AM
This and the previous update have completely sucked the fun, surprise elements out of this game for me. Recent changes have dismantled the gifting system and have rendered the street market useless. I used to be pleasantly surprised when I received a gift (i.e. quick serves) or found a stick of butter or onion in the street market. Now I receive eggs, bread and cheese as gifts (no more quick serves), and those sticks of butter and onions will cost me upwards of 300 to 500 coins each (when I used to be able to get them for 60 to 100 coins). C'mon Team Lava, what gives with these drastic changes? Do you think we want to receive an egg as a gift? Or spend 500 coins on a single stick of butter?? You must realize that fun must outweigh frustration for a game to be successful!! Think about it.

Oh, and since I will no longer use my street market to purchase ANYTHING....I'd like to request a refund on the tools used to open up all those market slots. I can sure think of a lot better uses for them now.

good2bebad
03-17-15, 08:24 AM
19205How could u increase the prices in street market so much?

Here are the ridiculous prices I am seeing:
Tuna 104 (cost 20 in general store)
Lobster 561!!!!
Lemon 209!!!
Carrot 89!
Apple 197
Mayonnaise 314
And much more!

The old prices were more than what was sold in stores, but never this much!

Do u think we players are dumb enough to pay these prices? Come on!

Thanks to u, Now I dun buy anything from street market anymore, and I dun bother to increase the slots for it anymore, since it is robbing me in broad daylight!

Furthermore, now u make Tomato sauce an additional ingredient for making dishes like Meatloaf, which used to be without it. It is now so hard to cook meatloaf cos tomato sauce takes 4 hrs to make, and to get the onions for the sauce takes even longer! Guess what...I dun bother to cook those dishes which requires tomato sauce at all since the change.

Seriously, what are u thinking? Trying to discourage us from buying from the market or turning us off from the game?

In either way, I think u have succeeded. Many players will leave this game, congratulations!

nmishii
03-17-15, 08:48 AM
*snorts* That's right, I forgot about the egg gifting!!

Does anyone know if the cost of Lobster in the Seafood Shop changed or is it still the same? I can't get more for another 4 hours so the cost is just showing the gem amount at the moment for me. That is the last item I need to update to then figure out if it's worth still playing and just ignoring the street market or delete the game altogether. :)

lobster is still 85 coins.

queentina3
03-17-15, 08:54 AM
lobster is still 85 coins.

Thanks nmishii!!!

WinnyWoos
03-17-15, 09:10 AM

DO WHAT?!?! Your kidding me! They have someone monorting comments and reviews but no one has bothered to respond to all this??? OF COURSE NOT.

catfoodie
03-17-15, 09:40 AM
Very disappointed 😔 Without street market it is pretty much pointless checking on the game during the day since I know that half of the dishes couldn't be made without ingredients that have very long refreshing time. And I don't get how come prices in street market went so much and prices for food we make didn't go up as well. If I spend 500 coins on the lobster it is significant cut on the income from the dish. And if I buy 2 lobsters...
I can say that I, if this won't change, definitely would play game less and less and eventually just forget about it. And of course I would not spend money on it - what's the point?
It's frustrating that they never post about any updates they make, its
probably one of the games I played that never actually post anything about updates. How we suppose to know about those changes? I went to the street market and as usual bought bunch of ingredients not paying attention to the price and then I came to the forum and saw all these post and threds about price... So why should I have to go to the forum to know about changes from other people? I would assume that's the work for the people who develop game/work for the company.
P.S. I would think that making customers happy is a priority for the game since happy customers willing to invest money in the game. And I really don't see how all these changes will make customers happy. Increasing prices for the street market could be good idea, but not in 5 times. Changing recipes could be beneficial if they actually ask players' opinions. And instead of messing up with economy it would really help to see the new content that includes new shops and more decorations (for coins or gems).

good2bebad
03-17-15, 09:40 AM
Team Lava, pls tell me:

- Who would want to buy things from Street Market that takes less than 10 mins to appear in stores, e.g. eggs and cheese?

- Who would pay 4 gems for eggs to get ready immediately when it takes only 4 seconds to be available?

- Who wants to receive eggs, cheese, bread or any ingredient that takes very short time to be ready as gifts?

- Who would pay 142 coins for sugar from street market when sugar cookies are sold only for 150 coins? If we add the costs of other ingredients flour at 14 coins and egg at 1 coin from stores to make the sugar cookies, we actually make a LOSS! The loss would be huge if we were to buy all of these from the street market!

- Who would pay 97 coins for a tuna which usually costs only 20 coins, let alone 561 coins for lobster from the street market?

- Who would want to cook Meatloaf that requires tomato sauce which takes 4hr to be ready, and Onions 8 hours for the sauce?

- Who would dare to spend real money to buy gems to upgrade their stuff, after realizing that the upgrading dun help anymore as the new update makes things more difficult?

- Finally, who would still be interested to play this game when the new update does not make any sense and all the fun has been sucked out?!

I believe many players have similar questions like these for u, if they are still playing this game after the update.

Please let us hear your brilliant logic especially for the recent game update.

pollybeeXD
03-17-15, 09:56 AM
I think the recent changes adds more challenge to the game. But then again, the overpriced street market makes me regret EVER upgrading it and makes me not want to check it anymore.

catfoodie
03-17-15, 10:16 AM

The prices had to change, but not at this degree. And in my opinion it's not worth it at all. The amount you spend on those overpriced ingredients cut the income from the dishes significantly, and cooking time could be pretty long (3-4-6 hours and so on). This means that for the day you would get like half of the income you suppose to get in the best case. It's simply not fair to spend time and efforts to get these poor results. I would say that im a pretty loyal customer but this just makes game unplayable.

mchat2045
03-17-15, 10:19 AM
I think the recent changes adds more challenge to the game. But then again, the overpriced street market makes me regret EVER upgrading it and makes me not want to check it anymore.

How do feel about your neighbors gifting you EGGS!?!😳

mchat2045
03-17-15, 10:31 AM
Team Lava, pls tell me:

- Who would want to buy things from Street Market that takes less than 10 mins to appear in stores, e.g. eggs and cheese?

- Who would pay 4 gems for eggs to get ready immediately when it takes only 4 seconds to be available?

- Who wants to receive eggs, cheese, bread or any ingredient that takes very short time to be ready as gifts?

- Who would pay 142 coins for sugar from street market when sugar cookies are sold only for 150 coins? If we add the costs of other ingredients flour at 14 coins and egg at 1 coin from stores to make the sugar cookies, we actually make a LOSS! The loss would be huge if we were to buy all of these from the street market!

- Who would pay 97 coins for a tuna which usually costs only 20 coins, let alone 561 coins for lobster from the street market?

- Who would want to cook Meatloaf that requires tomato sauce which takes 4hr to be ready, and Onions 8 hours for the sauce?

- Who would dare to spend real money to buy gems to upgrade their stuff, after realizing that the upgrading dun help anymore as the new update makes things more difficult?

- Finally, who would still be interested to play this game when the new update does not make any sense and all the fun has been sucked out?!

I believe many players have similar questions like these for u, if they are still playing this game after the update.

Please let us hear your brilliant logic especially for the recent game update.

I second all of this.

I have one more question.

Who wants to play a game where the rules change all the time without notice or explanation?

good2bebad
03-17-15, 10:34 AM
With the kind of prices street market is charging, it should be called Street Robbers instead.

mchat2045
03-17-15, 10:58 AM
By the way, how do you think this kind of thing came about in the first place? Is RS2 underperforming as a game, and so the goal became ... how can we make the game harder and get people to buy more gems?

Make the recipes harder .... take longer .... use more ingredients, so people are more likely to buy gems to complete them.

Change the neighbor gifts ... take away the "quick serves" and sub those with eggs ... removes all value, and then we'll have to use gems to hurry things along.

Make the market prices unconscionable, so people are more likely to use gems to purchase an ingredient early.

It's just that none of this works if people just quit playing the game.

You know, why didn't they just ask current players? What would make you more likely to buy gems? I'd rather have exclusive items, special events, exclusive recipes ... just for starters. Things that potentially add value to the game ... rather than taking things we are already accustomed to, and essentially just raise the price.

Putrlady
03-17-15, 11:09 AM
It is official, I've had it with Storm8.

I've been spending a couple hundred dollars a month on various Storm8 (previously Team Lava) games with the primary one recently being Restaurant Story 2.

I'm very unhappy with all of the recent changes, many of which make the money I've previously spent on the game useless, so I quit. I've also removed 22 other Storm8 games from my iPad and will not install any games from this company in the future.

As and the owner of an IT company I will be posting of my dissatisfaction on various other websites and boards.

rosewaterlily
03-17-15, 11:09 AM
By the way, how do you think this kind of thing came about in the first place? Is RS2 underperforming as a game, and so the goal became ... how can we make the game harder and get people to buy more gems?

Make the recipes harder .... take longer .... use more ingredients, so people are more likely to buy gems to complete them.

Change the neighbor gifts ... take away the "quick serves" and sub those with eggs ... removes all value, and then we'll have to use gems to hurry things along.

Make the market prices unconscionable, so people are more likely to use gems to purchase an ingredient early.

It's just that none of this works if people just quit playing the game.

You know, why didn't they just ask current players? What would make you more likely to buy gems? I'd rather have exclusive items, special events, exclusive recipes ... just for starters. Things that potentially add value to the game ... rather than taking things we are already accustomed to, and essentially just raise the price.
I was checking the top grossing apps on iTunes and RS2 was the #1 app among the S8 games. I guess the point is to make people addicted to playing first with an easier game and then switch the game mechanics so it can only be played with gems? We should be able to sell our ingredients for exorbitant prices if they're going to be charged that price. That's how it works in Farm Story 2. This way is unbalanced in one direction only and renders the market totally useless.

mchat2045
03-17-15, 11:26 AM
I was checking the top grossing apps on iTunes and RS2 was the #1 app among the S8 games. I guess the point is to make people addicted to playing first with an easier game and then switch the game mechanics so it can only be played with gems? We should be able to sell our ingredients for exorbitant prices if they're going to be charged that price. That's how it works in Farm Story 2. This way is unbalanced in one direction only and renders the market totally useless.

Here's my "constructive criticism". I will not BUY gems to complete a recipe faster. I will not buy gems to get 1 jar of mayo so I can start a recipe. I (for one) will not buy gems because of impatience. I just won't. Will I USE gems that I got some other way (rather than BUYING) to hurry things along from time to time? Maybe, but BOY, I really hesitate.

I have (and probably will again in the future) BOUGHT gems to get an exclusive item. I have (and probably will again in the future) BOUGHT gems to complete an event. Maybe that's just me.

I have (and probably will again in the future) STOPPED PLAYING A GAME BECAUSE IT GOT TO BE UN-FUN.

cquinn32
03-17-15, 11:35 AM
Agreed!!!

cquinn32
03-17-15, 11:41 AM
Someone from TL please step up and address this issue!! There isn't anything you can say short of "I'm sorry we're changing it back" that will make anything better but someone owes us an explanation. Just tell us the changes are here to stay so I can get on with deleting the app.

nmishii
03-17-15, 12:07 PM
Ugh. I accidentally bought something from the street market. I don't know what, or how much I paid. I've done this before and it didn't bother me. Its not the item or the coins that bother me this time either. Its giving Storm8 the idea that people are actually buying things from the street market that gets me.

Now I don't even open the street market. Such a shame, since I had 14 slots. While most of the time I didn't buy anything from the street market as most of the items can be easily restocked, I enjoyed it when I was able to buy an onion, mushroom, strawberry, or other rare item. Now that has been taken away.

bethaneyl
03-17-15, 12:23 PM
Why are changes like these NEVER made to make things easier/more beneficial to the player? Most people are more than happy to support games that are fair and reasonable, so why all the shady tactics trying to force us into buying to play!
This is probably my biggest problem in general with FTP games, they end up becoming so unbalanced trying to force players to purchase.
I used to wonder why games wouldn't charge a one time unlock $10-$20 but then I thought about it and if I buy a few $in gems weekly they will make hundreds off of me in the longevity ....maybe players should really just stop buying /playing ....because continued purchasing just shows them we are ok getting treated like this....ugh sorry for rambling I'm frustrated :(

bama1224
03-17-15, 12:24 PM
I agree with everyone else. TL needs to change all the recipes back and the prices. All the changes are making the game less fun to play.

dragon2046
03-17-15, 12:39 PM
Want to voice my opinion on price changes and how I feel it changes the game for me. I used to buy almost everything the street market offered. Today after price hikes I haven't bought anything. This has left some appliances idle. So for me who has to have 2 of everything and I have spent gems to get. I will no longer need to do so cuz there would be no point just to let it sit there. Next is I was always deleting stuff from my pantry as I never had enough room so I have used gems to upgrade out of frustration cuz I hated deleted items I had purchased or collected now thats not a problem I have had plenty of room through out the day today. So in turn this change would actually make me spend less gems not more. Again just offering my opinion and my thoughts and experience with this change. To new players they probably will not think much of the prices from the market and not know the difference but to the players that are further along it does make a difference. I have played the game and deleted this game and reinstalled the game so if I decide it's not fun I just delete again. :)

mchat2045
03-17-15, 12:39 PM
Just today, I've "lost" 2 items.

First, I had 3 shamrocks, and then Liam came in and gave me 3 more. I should have 6, right? I still only have 3.

Also, I finished my 5th dish in the part of the challenge where you just have to cook any St. Paddy's dish 5 times. I was at 4/5, and then I served a pasta. And .... nothing. I "served" the pasta, but it didn't satisfy that part of the challenge.

More constructive criticism: fix the glitches in the game before ratcheting up the difficulty.

babydollfire
03-17-15, 01:12 PM
Just today, I've "lost" 2 items.

First, I had 3 shamrocks, and then Liam came in and gave me 3 more. I should have 6, right? I still only have 3.

Also, I finished my 5th dish in the part of the challenge where you just have to cook any St. Paddy's dish 5 times. I was at 4/5, and then I served a pasta. And .... nothing. I "served" the pasta, but it didn't satisfy that part of the challenge.

More constructive criticism: fix the glitches in the game before ratcheting up the difficulty.

Sorry about that.. I completed the challenge... Made the final end dish pesto potato reward dish and Liam still keeps dropping shamrocks like crazy, lots at a time... More shamrocks than before I completed it? Wish there was a way I could gift them to you. However, you'd probably end up with an egg .....maybe bread or cheese or 5 coins if lucky. :(

cquinn32
03-17-15, 01:22 PM
I just wish this game had been this way from the start!! Like I said before I've spent gems/money opening up slots in that market under the impression it was a good deal. Now if there was a little notice saying "upgrade at own risk cause someday the prices will skyrocket" I wouldnt have invested in it so much.

I can't help but make a comparison:

Say you buy a TV (50in) and after you've enjoyed it for two weeks you come home one day and it's now a 20in TV with a little sticky note on it reading "Deal with it!!". I bet you won't shop there anymore.

bobbyrae
03-17-15, 01:37 PM
I just wish this game had been this way from the start!! Like I said before I've spent gems/money opening up slots in that market under the impression it was a good deal. Now if there was a little notice saying "upgrade at own risk cause someday the prices will skyrocket" I wouldnt have invested in it so much.

Well, you can bet some moderator or staff member will eventually pop in with a statement to say something like, "The developers have the right and will continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for everyone."

If you do a search using the words "balance" and "economy" you'll see what I mean.

queentina3
03-17-15, 01:41 PM
Well, you can bet some moderator or staff member will eventually pop in with a statement to say something like, "The developers have the right and will continue to make adjustments to the game's economy and balance to ensure the prolonged quality of the game for everyone."

If you do a search using the words "balance" and "economy" you'll see what I mean.

That is the standard reply and the only one we'll get. Oh, wait, we'll also get "Thanks for your feedback and we've let the team know!"

Yay, rah rah, go Team Lava, go, go, Team Lava go, go. That is all they want to really hear, unfortunately. How much we love and adore them and nothing truly negative at all. If we're not cheering them on then we're breaking forum rules!

Well you've had enough comments now TL, where are our ANSWERS, valid ANSWERS, not your typical spiel please. We've done as you've asked, can you now please reciprocate?

Spoiler:

Waits a few hours, no replies, crickets.......

babydollfire
03-17-15, 01:45 PM
Sorry about that.. I completed the challenge... Made the final end dish pesto potato reward dish and Liam still keeps dropping shamrocks like crazy, lots at a time... More shamrocks than before I completed it? Wish there was a way I could gift them to you. However, you'd probably end up with an egg .....maybe bread or cheese or 5 coins if lucky. :(

P.s I just completed it last night... Barely logging in to the game and he's dropping so many... Sometimes 8 at a time after the goal is done? I'm going to have hundreds of shamrocks before this event is over. Why after I mastered it he now dumps so many shamrocks? It's very uneven. Give the shamrocks to people that need to catch up or have glitches. It's not even 2 pm here in Cali... Yet , getting so many visits under an hour? I know vday, they sped frank up in the end to help people catch up. Hope your game gets sped up soon.

queentina3
03-17-15, 01:49 PM
P.s I just completed it last night... Barely logging in to the game and he's dropping so many... Sometimes 8 at a time after the goal is done? I'm going to have hundreds of shamrocks before this event is over. Why after I mastered it he now dumps so many shamrocks? It's very uneven. Give the shamrocks to people that need to catch up or have glitches. It's not even 2 pm here in Cali... Yet , getting so many visits under an hour? I know vday, they sped frank up in the end to help people catch up. Hope your game gets sped up soon.

I completed this goal last Saturday and now have well over 60 shamrocks. I really wish I could gift them to neighbors that need them. I even tried to not click on Liam as I didn't want more but he won't leave until you do so. I even went into edit mode and swiped the chair out from under him, he just came back in again. :rolleyes:

judyvines
03-17-15, 02:02 PM
I just tried to log into the game, but got a "down for maintenance" message. Hmmmmm....could they possibly be righting their wrong?

mamareader02
03-17-15, 02:03 PM
I just tried to log into the game, but got a "down for maintenance" message. Hmmmmm....could they possibly be righting their wrong?

I'm hoping.....

judyvines
03-17-15, 02:05 PM
I'm hoping.....
Just got back in and everything is the same. High prices in the market are still there.

tiggerhobbes
03-17-15, 02:10 PM
Past behavior is best predictor of future behavior right? They shafted us progressively with each update and made the game worse every single time. Think about it, really really think about it, what would you predict? And do you really want to know what else they are forking up this time?

mamareader02
03-17-15, 02:12 PM
Next time I'm just gonna hog tie the optimist in me,really thought they fixing something,anything:(

mchat2045
03-17-15, 02:15 PM
Past behavior is best predictor of future behavior right? They shafted us progressively with each update and made the game worse every single time. Think about it, really really think about it, what would you predict? And do you really want to know what else they are forking up this time?

Hmm ... let's brainstorm on this:

(1) Liam could come in and steal stuff from your pantry.
(2) Neighbors could gift you bombs that blow up one of your appliances.
(3) If you don't cook a recipe for 3 days straight, you lose a star.
(4) If you don't tend your garden for 2 days, a sinkhole could open up and swallow your garden.

Any other ideas?

mamareader02
03-17-15, 02:23 PM
You know, I think they did that "maintenance" just to see us get happy,thinking they had a change of heart,but really just to let us know,nope they ain't changing a thing,nice prank TL,now I'm definitely not spending any more money till things look better,great job on taking the joy out of yet again a game I like of yours

orleansparish
03-17-15, 02:23 PM

(4) If you don't tend your garden for 2 days, a sinkhole could open up and swallow your garden.

Any other ideas?

I'm sorry...but literal tears are making it hard to write this because I burst out laughing so hard. Hahahahaha! Number 2 is what did me in....by the last one I was choking. You all keep these games light. Even when they annoy us to no end.

bobbyrae
03-17-15, 02:24 PM

Any other ideas?

That bomb idea. For real!! Now that would prolong the quality of the game for everyone!

Marty67
03-17-15, 02:28 PM
This is ridiculous. Changing recipes and payouts (eg. Pizza Marinara) on the fly.

441sogo
03-17-15, 02:29 PM
Is anyone else's game system currently in maintenance?? Seems odd to do maintenance mid-day PST.....maybe they ARE listening. ***Fingers crossed!!***

babydollfire
03-17-15, 02:30 PM
I hope so too regarding maintenance. I logged in, didn't get that message but the food I was serving was gone without saying " you earned x amount of coins while away" coins are precious now.... I can't afford to make food, leave for 5 mins, come back and it's gone. Not at this point, when making food costs sometimes more than serving... And with the ongoing glitch of food disappearing... They never fixed even before the last update even though they claimed to fix these glitches in iTunes update description...you can't make up the coins, you'll LEVEL up, without coins. Like breakfast challenge... All that xp/ level stars for making low coin dishes. It causes people to level up FAST without being able to afford unlocking recipes, buying appliances...
I'd rather make more coins and level up slowlyyyyy.... So I can afford to unlock things. Increase the amount of stars to level up instead of messing with street market. That will give them MORE time to be able to get levels beyond the current max. It makes sense to me. If they need more time. Change level up stars... Don't hurt people that may have spent money on gems for street market or this or that.

It's a win win situation, they get more time... They keep players HAPPY. Happy players spend money. Like a retail store. Ignore a customer, bad customer service, customer shops somewhere else. They want money? Take constructive criticism. It will help. Practice good business ethics, you'll win. Don't? Karma will hurt ya. Games like King (ya know all the sagas) as annoying as they are atleast they straight up tell you pay or harass people on Facebook to level up. (Which I can't STAND but atleast it's honest? No hidden gimmicks or sudden changes.. Still would never play those games but saying...)

queentina3
03-17-15, 02:32 PM

Any other ideas?

*dies from laughter* Those are great!

(5) CID decides that shovel and hammer he dropped you the last two times he appeared he needs back - and takes them.
(6) Lilly drops you an egg instead of a bag of seeds
(7) The Street Market gets reset to beginner level with only a few open slots and you don't care due to pricing.
(8) The Pantry you upgraded is now reset back to beginner level and they refuse to fix it because they want you to start from scratch.
(9) The Pantry now requires 20 shovels and 30 hammers to upgrade. Nails are no longer necessary but that is all CID still drops.

tiggerhobbes
03-17-15, 02:34 PM
Ok, checked Liam, no item stolen so far, checking under the kilt caused a bit of a commotion.

Unabomber is probably heading somewhere but it just might not be to our restaurants. I wonder where they will go. I heard it will take the form of exploding frozen turds.

Lose a star? TL is like a black hole, it sucks the joy and daylight out of everything.

I thought I saw a sinkhole, so I turned around to look again but couldn't find it. Turns out this whoe game is the sinkhole.

mamareader02
03-17-15, 02:36 PM
And the heck has Sid been?!hes barely been around all day!

tiggerhobbes
03-17-15, 02:37 PM
And the heck has Sid been?!hes barely been around all day!

I heard he quit. Probably signed a union pack with lily too.

mamareader02
03-17-15, 02:39 PM
I heard he quit. Probably signed a union pack with lily too.

That's actually smart of him-he's jumping off the boat before it sinks

orleansparish
03-17-15, 02:41 PM
I told hall Cid has been Hoffa'd. Or running away from spousal support payments. He's been MIA. Ive seen him once since yesterday. It's dreadful.

queentina3
03-17-15, 02:44 PM
I think CID and Lilly decided to go on vacation as they knew what was coming down and didn't want to be around for it. They figure Liam can handle any harassment. They are now sitting on a sunny beach drinking margaritas and having a blast - laughing at us all.

tiggerhobbes
03-17-15, 02:45 PM
I told hall Cid has been Hoffa'd. Or running away from spousal support payments. He's been MIA. Ive seen him once since yesterday. It's dreadful.

Ok, I'm only half joking, you decide which part is serious.

So we have a down turn and everybody is depressed, to profit from that I'm selling a lot of drinks in my restaurant right? So Cid used to come here and drink from time to time.

When he's really chucking it, head tilted back and all ... I noticed ... He... He... Hehehe, he wears eyeshadows. I watched other patrons and they don't seem to be wearing eyeshadows, its just CID.

So I'm not even sure if CID is a guy. Sometimes ladies get into engineering too ya know ...

bethaneyl
03-17-15, 02:48 PM
What is a good level to have the stores too....seeing as how the market is now useless or will break ur pockets....I wish I could trade in my market slots and get back all those precious materials :( ....I'm not fully upgraded thank goodness but still ....

queentina3
03-17-15, 02:49 PM
What is a good level to have the stores too....seeing as how the market is now useless or will break ur pockets....I wish I could trade in my market slots and get back all those precious materials :( ....I'm not fully upgraded thank goodness but still ....

I was pretty happy with my general store, meat market, and veggie market being at 4x and the seafood shop at 3x. Now though, I'm just blah about the whole thing.

tiggerhobbes
03-17-15, 02:50 PM
Well, to lighten up the mood, just so you all can have a good laugh, moments before this uber nasty down-date I upgraded my street market to 20 slots. Bwahahahaha. Have a good laugh, the drinks are on me if you want to come over to my place and mop around a bit.

mchat2045
03-17-15, 02:56 PM
Well, to lighten up the mood, just so you all can have a good laugh, moments before this uber nasty down-date I upgraded my street market to 20 slots. Bwahahahaha. Have a good laugh, the drinks are on me if you want to come over to my place and mop around a bit.

Look on the bright side: More opportunities to buy a mushroom for 496 coins! Lucky you!

queentina3
03-17-15, 03:10 PM

I'm honestly trying not to laugh at you, truly. Though I did mock you in the original market thread last night, did you see that? :p

babydollfire
03-17-15, 03:14 PM
I think CID and Lilly decided to go on vacation as they knew what was coming down and didn't want to be around for it. They figure Liam can handle any harassment. They are now sitting on a sunny beach drinking margaritas and having a blast - laughing at us all.

Lol... I was wondering if we had alcohol permits for our restaurants. I assume YES since when you make a Greek salad there is clearly a glass of wine ( merlot I presume) so maybe they need a liquor shop in one of the under constructions spots. Real life restaurants charge you so much for cocktails, you might be able to make that juice machine USEFUL. Pour in a shot, increase servings x2 or something.... It's a good idea... Afterall, that wine that sits when you make Greek salad, sits there... Who is drinking it?? The servers? The cooks? The creators of rs2? Lemonade... Orange juice... Throw in something extra and make the recipe worth a lot. Customers will be happy. ;)

lordmj
03-17-15, 03:49 PM
My game was deleted !!! For me, of course!!

bobbyrae
03-17-15, 04:15 PM

Just started playing. So just before the price change I chose to repair the street market. I had the option to repair the street market or do the garden thing. Of course I thought the market would be of more value to me right now. Of course it's now useless and all CID brings me now are nails. :( So it may be a while before i can expand or repair or do anything. Oh well. I was trying to get into the game, now It's just such a frustrating waste of time for a new player. What's the point?

mamareader02
03-17-15, 04:44 PM
So we had maintenance for a SALE???!!!!are they outta their little minds,because nobody is in the mood to buy anything with coins or gems!

nic1967
03-17-15, 04:46 PM
Ever since this lovely update date I haven't gotten 1 ginger from my farms. Not 1!!!! So...I can't cook any recipe they changed & I can't buy any other ingredients I need from the street market. Honestly, is there really any reason to play anymore? It's no longer a game it's now a job. I've already been through this once with TL with Bakery Story & God forbid they change anything back. It'll NEVER happen. Ironically, seconds before this update I was putting in my iTunes password to buy $100 in gems. Thanks to a typo I was able to save my money to use on a different game developers game.

babydollfire
03-17-15, 04:52 PM
It's very unequal for all players right now, glad you saved money though. This thread will be moved in 5-4-3-2 seconds added in complaints Notice that half of the forum is filled with moved threads? No addressing issues? Just moved.

nic1967
03-17-15, 04:59 PM
I noticed that! I couldn't tell where they were all going though. Thank you for letting me know!

babydollfire
03-17-15, 04:59 PM
So we had maintenance for a SALE???!!!!are they outta their little minds,because nobody is in the mood to buy anything with coins or gems!

Don't understand, maintenance is when the game goes down to fix issues, right? Why would people pay to clean up the mess that's been caused? Are you talking about the sale of like 10 blueprints and a fish tank and something?

mamareader02
03-17-15, 05:17 PM
Don't understand, maintenance is when the game goes down to fix issues, right? Why would people pay to clean up the mess that's been caused? Are you talking about the sale of like 10 blueprints and a fish tank and something?

Some decor sale popped up in game

dlishrestaurant
03-17-15, 06:41 PM
They sure have the ability to do so. And beside that all the comments from last night were all 4-5 ratings. I think they made some fake profiles and complimented their own app. So ridiculously pathetic.

Notice that the positive comments are grouped together when viewing "most recent"? Or that the style of commenting is strangely similar? I wouldn't doubt that at all.

queentina3
03-17-15, 06:53 PM
Lol... I was wondering if we had alcohol permits for our restaurants. I assume YES since when you make a Greek salad there is clearly a glass of wine ( merlot I presume) so maybe they need a liquor shop in one of the under constructions spots. Real life restaurants charge you so much for cocktails, you might be able to make that juice machine USEFUL. Pour in a shot, increase servings x2 or something.... It's a good idea... Afterall, that wine that sits when you make Greek salad, sits there... Who is drinking it?? The servers? The cooks? The creators of rs2? Lemonade... Orange juice... Throw in something extra and make the recipe worth a lot. Customers will be happy. ;)

There is that wine cabinet display that I have next to my host, maybe he's drinking it...or the developers. Shhhh.....

Some decor sale popped up in game

What was it offering and the cost please? I'm curious as I don't have it in my game.

babydollfire
03-17-15, 07:06 PM
There is that wine cabinet display that I have next to my host, maybe he's drinking it...or the developers. Shhhh.....

(Whispers) I have that too... Too much vday and st Patricks day celebrations has gone to their heads... Hmmm.. Someone said rs2 is currently the #1 storm app, although don't know if this is manipulated by reviews only 5 stars or what.. Did they celebrate a little toooo early and at a board meeting come up with this conclusion? Too much virtual booze. Don't count your chickens before they hatched!

What was it offering and the cost please? I'm curious as I don't have it in my game.

Curious too, never got this.

WinnyWoos
03-17-15, 07:12 PM
Make a game people like to play, anyone who's made dozens of games should have grasped the concept by now.

Provide support people want, anyone who's heard this much feedback should have grasped the concept by now.

Debate with people on a message board without insulting everyone who disagrees with you, anyone who's spent time being social on Earth should have grasped the concept by now.

Isn't that fun?

This is GREAT! My thoughts exactly. Glad I haven't been the only one noticing that.

queentina3
03-17-15, 07:25 PM
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79774-Recipes-Street-Market-Changed!!!

That is where they are all being moved to - the thread I originally started. Kooky and the other mods are trying to keep all complaints about this week's changes in one thread, this way the forum isn't inundated with duplicate threads complaining about the changes. They aren't deleting the threads, just putting them all in one place is all.

Yes, in regards to the spices problem. I have so much Basil that I can't keep up. The recipes that require it aren't that great and I don't have enough ginger or garlic to make the spice jars. Last time I checked I had 35 Basil and less than 3 ginger and I think 2 garlic. Just a bit unbalanced, don't ya think? :rolleyes: