PDA

View Full Version : Recipes/Street Market Changed!!!

Pages : 1 [2]

fenrost
03-17-15, 07:28 PM
what seem like an attempt to balance the game mechanic and prolonging the lifespan of game play, it has now rendered the game into tedious, insensible and almost unplayable.

street market's pricing are absurd, it is useless to expand slots because even with desired item are dropped, one is unlikely to afford it, considering other expansion and new recipes required just insane $$$.

rating of this game: 1 star.

enaid03
03-17-15, 07:48 PM
Yes, in regards to the spices problem. I have so much Basil that I can't keep up. The recipes that require it aren't that great and I don't have enough ginger or garlic to make the spice jars. Last time I checked I had 35 Basil and less than 3 ginger and I think 2 garlic. Just a bit unbalanced, don't ya think? :rolleyes:

And that is what makes this so frustrating. I just deleted another dozen garlic....which I've done several times today. I would do anything for ginger. Yet the recipes I was working on need that elusive ginger. UGH!

ElaineCarrel
03-17-15, 08:04 PM
Funny it seems like ALL I GET IS GINGER. . TODAY I HAD TO THROW OUT 8 of them so I'd have room in my pantry. Too bad we can't trade items we don't want or really have space for at the time.

babydollfire
03-17-15, 08:08 PM
286 coins for one pea... :-( reminds myself to not check street market.. So many slots, useless. I've seen worse... Things going for over 800 coins. That's like a whole dish. For one ingredient. When you need more. Then to lower the amount of coins you gain from a dish, you're at a loss. You spend double the amount on ingredients then you will get from serving a dish, mourns the old RS2. All those tools we used to upgrade slots, useless. Once upon a time I was happy with street market even with inflated prices, now one ingredient can cost half the dish itself not including the other ingredients you need, which can cause you to lose money or stay even like you didn't cook a dish yet are leveling up without coins to unlock dishes.

FranDresner
03-17-15, 08:18 PM
Why is there no response fom the mods? 250 posts and no reply. It just seems like bad business.

queentina3
03-17-15, 08:20 PM
286 coins for one pea... :-( reminds myself to not check street market.. So many slots, useless. I've seen worse... Things going for over 800 coins. That's like a whole dish. For one ingredient. When you need more. Then to lower the amount of coins you gain from a dish, you're at a loss. You spend double the amount on ingredients then you will get from serving a dish, mourns the old RS2. All those tools we used to upgrade slots, useless. Once upon a time I was happy with street market even with inflated prices, now one ingredient can cost half the dish itself not including the other ingredients you need, which can cause you to lose money or stay even like you didn't cook a dish yet are leveling up without coins to unlock dishes.

Exactly, they've made the Street Market obsolete at this point. I did the math on 3 different street markets of mine today and the prices for the items was anywhere from 526% increase or 1050% increase over what the item was selling for in it's own shop.

Sorry TL, but you need to recheck the economy of the street market as nobody in their right mind would pay for items at those percentages. Most players I'd think would still go for a 20-50% increase over what they could purchase in the individual shop, a few may even pay 100% increase, but more than that??? No, not going to happen.

Why bother offering the Street Market in the first place if those are going to be the prices? Nobody will use it. I think whoever you have working in your accounting department would laugh you right out of their office/cubicle if you told them the prices you were trying to pawn off on us. That isn't inflation, it's scamming. Plain and simple.

dmist24
03-17-15, 08:21 PM
That's the problem of an unfinished game. What's worst is they keep change recipes and prices.. The street market totally ****ed the game for me. I keep coming back here just to check out if there is any improvement but it seems there is none.. I haven't logged in the game for almost 20hours already.

queenaleecia
03-17-15, 08:36 PM
The required ingredients to make recipes.
The high a#$ street market prices.
The earned dollar amount for making/selling recipes?
How dare tl bs us over like this. This is absolutely ridiculous.

queentina3
03-17-15, 08:58 PM
Dear TeamLava,

Game balance is crucial but currently it is out of balance. I'm going to bring up just one particular instance of this unbalance and how it is affecting my game. The spice situation. Now, at my level with the appliances and recipes I have open and can use, including the spice jars, leaves me with 12 uses for Basil and Garlic, 3 uses for Ginger, and 1 use for Vanilla.

I have 6 garden plots and would love to open more, however CID almost never drops a shovel to me. In fact, other than the recent upgrade I did to my Meat Shop and Veggie Shop (neither required shovels at the time), my toolbox was full of other tools that I've been able to deplete somewhat. However, even if I open more plots it will cause me nothing but headaches due to the spice situation and the lack of being able to plant what I need. No, I'm restricted to what Lilly drops or what the water can decides it wants to plant. NOT GOOD!

Please advise me on how you think this is balance? I have: 32 Basil, 9 Garlic, 4 Ginger, and 1 Vanilla. That isn't balanced at all when you consider that both Basil and Garlic are equally on par for usage by me (both @ 12). I'm being flooded with Basil.

Now let's look at CID. My toolbox currently holds 17 blueprints, 1 hammer, 5 nails (again upgraded two markets yesterday before the changes but was over 40 nails then or thereabouts), 1 shovel, and 10 wood planks (also had more before upgrades yesterday). Lilly has been kind and given me 10 bags of seed but they don't mean much when CID won't give me 10 shovels to open the next plot. Which brings me back to what's the point in opening that plot for the water can to just give me MORE DARN BASIL.

So, when you work out how to balance the game, how about checking into the drop rates of CID and Lilly as well as the watering can, if you're not going to allow us to pick and chose what we want/need?

When a person can use 12 basil and 12 garlic but gets double the amount of basil only, something's definitely wrong. Just sayin'

WinnyWoos
03-17-15, 09:16 PM
They sure as hell did, didn't they. Hadnt even noticed that:mad:
Today's challenge must have been:
-See how much more pissed off you can make them

shelkebrate
03-17-15, 09:19 PM
It's not the only game where the math doesn't add up. There are quite a few recipes in RS1 and BS that you lose money on every time you make it. FS as well. Each item should yield at least double the cost of making/planting it or it's useless. I don't know if that's intentional or they just don't take the "I have to spend money to get this item again" into account.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 09:38 PM
Once again, another insult to "most of us"....Why exactly do you repeatedly feel the need to insult anyone who doesn't see your point of view; what's wrong with you? Either way, I'll say a prayer for you:)

Not sure you can accurately judge any changes yet, as far as you saying your actually making more money now still buying from the street market ....it's been a day. Lol

I find it very impossible to Believe someone can make MORE money, with less tables, whilet buying more expensive items from the shop. I smell a TL employee. And I call greasy fried baloney sandwich.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 09:42 PM
Exactly, they've made the Street Market obsolete at this point. I did the math on 3 different street markets of mine today and the prices for the items was anywhere from 526% increase or 1050% increase over what the item was selling for in it's own shop.

Sorry TL, but you need to recheck the economy of the street market as nobody in their right mind would pay for items at those percentages. Most players I'd think would still go for a 20-50% increase over what they could purchase in the individual shop, a few may even pay 100% increase, but more than that??? No, not going to happen.

Why bother offering the Street Market in the first place if those are going to be the prices? Nobody will use it. I think whoever you have working in your accounting department would laugh you right out of their office/cubicle if you told them the prices you were trying to pawn off on us. That isn't inflation, it's scamming. Plain and simple.

If you saw the math they had going on over on fashion, you would see someone didn't complete their remedial multiplication courses.

queentina3
03-17-15, 09:48 PM
And I call greasy fried baloney sandwich.

Watch it, they may just add that as a recipe, it will include:
Mayo - catch all for condiment it seems except when they use the tomato sauce in place of ketchup. ;)
Onions - because you have to have long turn-over ingredients in every meal.
Beef - the catch all for any and every type of meat, including steak and hamburg and prime rib. LMAO!
Bread - at least one quick ingredient to appease the masses
Butter - otherwise it wouldn't fry right on the basic stove, and another long turn-over ingredient.

When all is said and done the profit on such a disgusting meal would be $.05. ;)

If you saw the math they had going on over on fashion, you would see someone didn't complete their remedial multiplication courses.

I quit Fashion over a year ago as I was sick of some of the changes happening. I had millions of coins and not much to use them on anyways. I quit BS during the '12 uproar and never looked back. I'm hoping they make the necessary changes to this game so I don't have to walk from it as well, but I'm not holding my breathe. They never did change BS after all. Well, they did the first time they made the changes and we caused an uproar, but then months later did it again and refused to change back, so.........I have a feeling that most of these changes are here to stay.

Considering TL hasn't answered us ALL DAY today is very TELLING. :rolleyes:

leobamping
03-17-15, 11:41 PM
I don't like being used as a guinea pig, and that's what is happening to us all in this game. Upping the prices out of reach to earn anything it's ludicrous do the programmers actually want us to play and enjoy the game??? Or is someone putting a spanner in the works to bring the whole thing to its knees? I can see it trending " NEVER TOUCH TEAM LAVA" removing this post won't stop us all feeling this way.

rosewaterlily
03-18-15, 12:36 AM
Now that I no longer buy anything from the street market, having two delis/salad bars seems useless a lot of the time. The vast majority of my appliances sit idle most of the time waiting for food to clear from counters and recently I was using as few as 39/130 slots in my pantry. Garden is full of vanilla so can't even make spices or bruschetta or pizza dough. If the growing time is going to be so long let us choose what to plant so vanilla can be grown overnight instead of randomly hogging the entire garden during the day.

CID seems to come around maybe every 1.5 hours now? I'm pretty sure I see the leprechaun more often than him.

tiggerhobbes
03-18-15, 12:53 AM
I think they're going to ignore all suggestions that make the game more playable. It's pretty obvivous to me that they are deliberately doing this to slow people down. They aren't going to give you control over the garden if that allows players to go back to cooking full speed or improve game efficiency, which is exactly what they don't want.

I really feel for people who purchased 3rd stoves with real money, I especially feel for very new players that have to deal with this insane economy from the start. As much as I feel violated that they sold me something and then devalued what I was sold on, at least I already got through the original contents and purchased all the stoves and unlocked everything I wanted to unlock before this insane new balance hit. I read somewhere that they are also increasing the cost of appliances now, and changed building parts requirement while reducing CID's visits. I get it that they can't build game content fast enough, but I wonder if they took into consideration people's frustration level and lack of incentive/ pleasure to keep going.

On the one hand I feel like I got scammed, on the other hand I'm glad I got through before they really really messed it all up.

Dalnaar
03-18-15, 01:19 AM
I thought they just wanted to make you spend more real money, instead they chase away paying customers. Strange way to run a company.

cathycathy1
03-18-15, 03:27 AM
If the goal was to decrease people playing your game, congratulations, you will probably be successful. The street market price changes made it obsolete and new recipe "improvements" are an exercise in frustration. This is the kind of stuff Zynga did that frustrated me to the point I just quit playing. Shame really.

dijkstramaaike
03-18-15, 06:14 AM
No, egg was at most $2, rarely $3, and bread fluctuated between $3 & $4, so those prices are still much higher than they were. Who in their right mind would pay $8 for an egg when it refreshes in seconds and only costs $1 in the general store?

That's true, but two days ago my eggs in the street market were $80, so $8 is a better price. :p Not that I'm buying those because in the General Market they are indeed only $1. But some prices are not so super high as they were before anymore.

cathycathy1
03-18-15, 06:26 AM
That's true, but two days ago my eggs in the street market were $80, so $8 is a better price. :p Not that I'm buying those because in the General Market they are indeed only $1. But some prices are not so super high as they were before anymore.
Your experience then is different than everyone else's then. Until this update, which I believe was 2 days ago, all the prices were reasonal, now none are. I have looked multiple times yesterday and today, I have yet to see a reasonable price in that market.

bobbyrae
03-18-15, 06:40 AM
I thought they just wanted to make you spend more real money, instead they chase away paying customers. Strange way to run a company.

I doubt the gem pack purchases have gone down. Just earlier in this thread someone confessed to willingly buying gems, even with all of the madness going on. Not all players come to this forum and not all players pay attention to the changes going on in their games. Gem sales are probably still consistent or maybe have even increased as people try to get through the st patrick's day goal in time.

cquinn32
03-18-15, 08:29 AM
There is still yet to be a post be any kind of team member? What a cowardly way to do business!! It only takes 5 min for them to respond to any kind of glitch (or something hurting their bottom line) reported here. It's just lame!!

tiggerhobbes
03-18-15, 08:42 AM
There is still yet to be a post be any kind of team member? What a cowardly way to do business!! It only takes 5 min for them to respond to any kind of glitch (or something hurting their bottom line) reported here. It's just lame!!

Ha! That's nothing compared to how they handled City story. "The big update coming. We're listening, we're going to change everything, give us suggestions, oh yes working on it working on it, it's coming, it will have this new feature... "

And the developer disappeared. I think I hung around for close to a year before I left the game. For all we know that big update still hasn't happened, and the PR genius (at sabotage) still haven't responded at all what happened to all those promises (or the guy who made those promises, as far as I know he disappeared from the forum entirely, so cowardly he didn't even have the courtesy of telling players to stop waiting as it's not happening.)

cquinn32
03-18-15, 08:52 AM
I don't why I even keep checking here really? It's just hard to let go of something you've learned to love and enjoy, but they have already ruined any trust or loyalty I had towards this game with there complete silence on this matter!!

tiggerhobbes
03-18-15, 08:57 AM
The more you have invested in something the more you value it, it's just basic behavioral economics. Game companies play on these human buttons to generate loyalty and profits and build habits forming products that's hard to break away from, so don't feel silly if you care even though you rationally think you shouldn't.

I'm just getting a kick out of pointing out their incompetence. I'll quit when I quit, I don't pressure myself to, it's interesting until it's not interesting anymore. The feeling of anger and irritation came up a few times during game play, the more irritating it becomes the easier it is for me to just walk away. Meanwhile it's cathartic to take it out on TL here, they probably know that too, that's why they let us rant without intending to address anything. They already know their reputation is in the toilet so there's nothing to lose.

enaid03
03-18-15, 09:17 AM
I'm just getting a kick out of pointing out their incompetence. .

In another TL/S8 recently released game (around the same time as RS2), during the event there were a ton of problems with the quest line. Lots of forum complaints, and players were slightly compensated for the errors of the developers. All the issues should have been apparent during beta testing (assuming they do so?). It also seems that TL/S8 releases events too close to the weekend when they seem to have no technical staff around.

But then again, I started playing years ago when we were compensated for issues, etc. That transparent honesty was appreciated.

So for me, the recent rectified game issue is the glimmer of hope that they will make changes to RS2 that would make gameplay enjoyable again.

queenaleecia
03-18-15, 09:22 AM

They're pathetic.

bobbyrae
03-18-15, 09:25 AM

As I've said earlier, the only response you'll probably get will be along the lines of TL's constantly "making adjustments to the games's economy and balance to ensure the prolongued quality of the game for everyone." I find this response very annoying, but not quite as annoying as the one that goes, "Thanks for yor positive feedback! We have passed on your comments to our developers". That one irks me to no end.

No doubt there is no glitch, so there will be no apology for a glitch.

Their bottom line probably isn't hurting so no need for them to comment. No matter what they do to frustrate players there will always be players who will buy gem packs to allow them to expand or buy those cute decorations.

All the issues should have been apparent during beta testing (assuming they do so?). It also seems that TL/S8 releases events too close to the weekend when they seem to have no technical staff around.

You're really willing to assume that they actually play their games? Lol. It has been pretty apparent over the years that they don't.

babydollfire
03-18-15, 09:36 AM
The more you have invested in something the more you value it, it's just basic behavioral economics. Game companies play on these human buttons to generate loyalty and profits and build habits forming products that's hard to break away from, so don't feel silly if you care even though you rationally think you shouldn't.

I'm just getting a kick out of pointing out their incompetence. I'll quit when I quit, I don't pressure myself to, it's interesting until it's not interesting anymore. The feeling of anger and irritation came up a few times during game play, the more irritating it becomes the easier it is for me to just walk away. Meanwhile it's cathartic to take it out on TL here, they probably know that too, that's why they let us rant without intending to address anything. They already know their reputation is in the toilet so there's nothing to lose.

This is exactly how I feel. I only learned about this game playing their bingo game... Downloaded for free bingo things, didn't know I'd really enjoy it, I don't even play bingo anymore...because I loved this game so much. And this game is time consuming, particularly collecting water tips.
Now on level 36, next level I'm supposed to open the fruit market... Have been prepared with parts for levels just like I did with fish market so I could open it and get it out of the way immediately... But they changed parts? I hate when I plan like 3 levels in advance or more to always have the parts for something... Now, no clue what fruit market takes? Watch I have been deleting certain parts to keep the ones I think opens it.

But I understand when it's hard to let go of a game... It takes time... Then one day, you find yourself becoming less and less interested... I spent a lot of money on dragonstory, a lot of time, then got sick of things... Walked away. It'll probably happen that way with this game too. Just time and eventually, frustration mixed with it's not really worth it... Then you find new things to hold your interest. Then you realize you haven't played in months... A year... And just delete it.

queentina3
03-18-15, 10:23 AM
In another TL/S8 recently released game (around the same time as RS2), during the event there were a ton of problems with the quest line. Lots of forum complaints, and players were slightly compensated for the errors of the developers. All the issues should have been apparent during beta testing (assuming they do so?). It also seems that TL/S8 releases events too close to the weekend when they seem to have no technical staff around.

But then again, I started playing years ago when we were compensated for issues, etc. That transparent honesty was appreciated.

So for me, the recent rectified game issue is the glimmer of hope that they will make changes to RS2 that would make gameplay enjoyable again.

Why should TL/S8 pay someone, anyone, to beta test when they have US to do it for them? We're free and give them all the information they need, willingly, in the hopes they'll make positive changes in our direction. Of course that RARELY happens, but.....Still, we're here and we trudge on with hope.......I've asked multiple times now for them to ANSWER US, but silence....crickets.....

Why pay staff to be there on a weekend when they know we'll just rant/rave/complain here and then they come back on Monday and just delete/edit the comments regardless. No reason to pay someone.

And yes, the Fairytale Wonderland last quest line debacle they did eventually resolve to some satisfaction, however if they'd checked in that Thursday or Friday before taking off for a 3-day weekend things wouldn't have escalated as much as they did. They just didn't care for 5-6 days and then *fixed* the issue, for some........That still leaves a bitter taste in my mouth as they could have fixed the issues well before they escalated.

tiggerhobbes
03-18-15, 10:32 AM
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I think someone sort of beta tested this game, just with completely unrealistic parameters. You might have noticed kookie/ FrozenTurd posting screenshots of a game with some 230 pantry capacity, so they tested the game but without giving themselves the constraints that players get.

Maybe that's why they think the game is too easy :rolleyes:

neth3rtwist
03-18-15, 10:46 AM
Is that we NEEDED the street market stuff JUST TO MAKE MOST RECIPES. I have stoves going unused now for the first time playing this game. Granted, I bought an extra here and there, but because at the time I thought I'd have the ingredients to use for them. I guess I have really learned my lesson on not spending real money on these games.

queentina3
03-18-15, 10:54 AM
Don't want to rain on anyone's parade, but I think someone sort of beta tested this game, just with completely unrealistic parameters. You might have noticed kookie/ FrozenTurd posting screenshots of a game with some 230 pantry capacity, so they tested the game but without giving themselves the constraints that players get.

Maybe that's why they think the game is too easy :rolleyes:

Or that could've just been the original Stormie bot, who is able to have things even though he's not opened a particular shop, at a level required for it, and etc.....

Just for giggles I looked at my street market and did another % comparison. You'll love this, I swear! Who would pay for these items at these % increases? Not me!

Item-Street Market price-Reg. Store Price-% diff.
Flour-90-14-643%
Cream-80-13-615%
Tuna-97-20-485%
Bread-13-2-650%
Carrot-85-14-607%
Tomato-11-2-550%
Sugar-129-20-645%
Seaweed-174-25-696%
Pea-219-40-548%

enaid03
03-18-15, 11:02 AM
Item-Street Market price-Reg. Store Price-% diff.
Flour-90-14-643%
Cream-80-13-615%
Tuna-97-20-485%
Bread-13-2-650%
Carrot-85-14-607%
Tomato-11-2-550%
Sugar-129-20-645%
Seaweed-174-25-696%
Pea-219-40-548%

I wouldn't have minded subtle changes - 10%, 20%, etc over the course of a couple weeks, months. But you hit the nail on the head. Almost 700%!!!!!!!

catfoodie
03-18-15, 11:07 AM
This all is really frustrating 😔 can't believe they increase street market prices by 600% without any notice or explanation. Like this is significant change that influence people's game. Why they can't increae price for like 200% ( which is a lot but seems more reasonable than 600%...). I really hope for some kind of explanation and hope that they will adjust prices so it's more reasonable.

babydollfire
03-18-15, 11:18 AM
Wow, they're online to move a thread fast within mins of posting, but won't comment on anything. They said it's not permanent? Ok, if they are testing this approach they must have realized it's a fail, so I don't see how hard it is to fix. When, why, etc etc? They have our feedback. So "no, we appreciate your feedback, blah blah..." Now, it's time for them to speak. They heard from us. They are reading this now. Release a statement, an honest statement. How can they sit there and read this when all we are asking is for answers? The people have spoken and your kingdom is falling...

I feel like singing... Hmmmm, what song? This one for now.. There were ones but may have had others words that weren't so "sweet". Awe.

Say something, I'm giving up on you
I'm sorry that I couldn't get to you
Anywhere I would've followed you
Say something, I'm giving up on you

nmishii
03-18-15, 11:22 AM
I've played a lot of TL games, and what's happening here is no different from other games. They hit us with changes to better their economy, ignore the feedback, and apparently, the overall initial hit to their games from understandably upset players doesn't really affect them, as the games are still being supported and they are still in business. The ratings are high enough new players who buy gems will replace the players who have quit and/or stopped buying gems. Having done these types of changes before on this game and other games, they are intentional. I've accepted that they will not change and need to adjust my game play if I want to continue. I don't buy gems so I am never disappointed for having spent real money on a game that has these kinds of changes.

I used to be obsessed with this game, spending more time playing it than I should have. In the last couple of weeks I hit Level 49 and I unlocked all recipes except Triple Decker sandwiches. I also went from running out of food most of the time and having all counters full occasionally, to having all counters full most of the time and a handful of empty counters occasionally. I relied mostly on my shops and only bought rare ingredients from the street market. After the last update, yes, I was upset as I was with the first one a couple of weeks ago, but then reassessed my game play. Now I don't have to have all appliances making food, my pantry isn't maxed out as much as it used to be, and I can make whatever I want because I haven't filled up all my counters since the update. My shops are at Level 4 except I upgraded Veggie to Level 5 yesterday, and my pantry is at max. I bought my second coin deli and salad bar in the last few days before the update just to spend extra money while waiting for parts for other upgrades, and only have the drink machine still available to buy with coins. So while I was impacted and have a worthless 14 slot street market, I feel fortunate to have been able to achieve what I did before the changes. I do feel bad for those whose personal goals in the game have been slowed considerably.

Beecause
03-18-15, 11:22 AM
I don't know why any of you keep asking for a response from s8.

There is nothing they could say, no explanation they could provide that would render these
newest changes acceptable for me.

And the idea that the street market prices did need to be changed is ludicrous - they were already
higher than the stores.

queentina3
03-18-15, 11:37 AM
I don't know why any of you keep asking for a response from s8.

There is nothing they could say, no explanation they could provide that would render these
newest changes acceptable for me.

And the idea that the street market prices did need to be changed is ludicrous - they were already
higher than the stores.

True, nothing the say but "sorry we're changing back" will appease me, however, I want an answer because I already know what it will be and it will just prove my point that "they don't really care" and will actually amuse me to know that I was once again right in how they'd respond to changes such as this. Like nmishii stated, we've been through this with their other games, ad nauseam, and are quite used to it, and it always amuses me while also angering me that their response is so bot like that they don't even need an actual human being to post it. They might as well get Stormie to post on the boards for them.

It is also true that the street market didn't NEED to change as they were higher than the regular stores, but if TL wanted to make minor changes with a % increase most wouldn't have batted an eye to it, it is understandable that if everyone is using the Street Market to basically make most of their food, they should increase pricing. That is just basic sales 101 there, supply/demand. But to raise them over 500% and yesterday there was some that was over 1000%, is pushing the limit. That isn't inflation, that isn't supply/demand, that is scamming.

*runs from thread before rotten tomatoes from the street market get thrown at me*

Simdiva
03-18-15, 11:41 AM
In other games of this nature markets are generally helpful and prices are higher to comp for the time difference but not exorbitant. I have been trying to finish a major goal so have needed a boatload of peppers znd sugar not to mention beef so have definitely attacked my six slots rather than upgradung the shops further. However with the recent price increase i now think it was unwise. I may just end up going back to pc games if they don't equalize it, I like the game but this is frustrating in its current form.

Simdiva
03-18-15, 11:46 AM
I got stuck for three hours this mirning trying to raise 3000 coins, the reason? I bought two items in the market, enough said.

nmishii
03-18-15, 11:47 AM

The compensation in that game I believe was because there was screw up after screw up on their part. I believe the changes made to this game are intentional and will most likely not change. Hopefully they accidentally increased the street market prices by 700% when it should have been 70%, so they'll drop the street market prices, but don't hold your breath. Yes, it is wrong to change existing recipes, but they did that twice already now, so unless there was an error when they applied the change its most likely going to stay.

We did the beta testing for the changes made to RS2 this month. There were corrections to some of the recipes in this update that I believe they wouldn't have noticed had it been for our feedback.

jim23cash
03-18-15, 11:48 AM
I already deleted the game, and most likely won't go back, but I wanted to leave a message for S8.
I play a lot of your games. I buy gold and gems in most, if not all of the ones I play. If it improves my gaming experience, I don't mind spending some money. I absolutely refuse to play if you try to MAKE me spend money..

Summerwind1980
03-18-15, 01:08 PM
The Pharmacy Prices for the Streetmarket are ruining me when i spend more for Food than i gain, thats for sure, and i hope they will fix it soon, but i added some ideas into the 'Feedback and Suggestion' Forum. Hopefully they look into it, that would make the update easier for us.

bobbyrae
03-18-15, 02:28 PM
I totally agree with what nmishii said. Based on experience with these games I don't see it changing. I don't buy gems either because I don't believe the attitude of TL to players and the experience offered by TL is worth my real money.

The Pharmacy Prices for the Streetmarket are ruining me when i spend more for Food than i gain, thats for sure, and i hope they will fix it soon, but i added some ideas into the 'Feedback and Suggestion' Forum. Hopefully they look into it, that would make the update easier for us.

They'll look at it. Don't hold your breath though. I doubt they will change anything to make the update easier for players.

PernReloaded
03-18-15, 03:17 PM
So, I downloaded this game for the extra gems/gold/whatever on my other games.

I started playing before these changes went into effect, but was still incredibly low-level after they did.

I was having a good amount of fun with it, and definitely considered staying on as a player.

And then..... Well. I realized just how hard it was to fulfill any of the in-game goals with the new changes. The extended time it takes to make anything, along with the high prices for ingredients, meant upgrading my restaurant was pretty much impossible. Mastering recipes? It now takes /ages/. I couldn't afford to purchase any of the next-level stoves, or unlocking the ingredients needed for new recipes, or even basic decorations and styles for my tables and countertops until I was three-four levels above what I could have 'unlocked' them at.

I got as far as I could with getting the extras for downloading and playing, and then deleted. I'm really sad that it went this way, but that's the way the sugar cookies burn.

rainarcane
03-18-15, 03:18 PM
I don't post things very often but I feel as if this deserves an additional voice as well as the perspective of a brand new player. My wife (who doesn't play games at all) and I started RS2 a few days ago, before the St. Patty event.

As a little back story. My wife has a general hatred for video games, so when she finally found a game she enjoyed it brought us closer together. Seeing as we had another aspect of our life we could share in. Second we just had a child so time is pressed and I can't really play what I use to play. I know this is necessarily important but if you just one of those issues I'm sure you could understand the significance of a simple thing like this can be.

The point? I'm losing interest in a game that changes things in me without a simple changelog to be found. Even my wife finds the market prices to be ridiculous. She wanted to by gems before the update to catch up to me but now sees no point if this company makes drastic changes like this. I'm really bummed about the choices made by s8 and the lack of community communication. Simple feedback would be much appreciated.

Worst thing.... We were both about to buy our second oven. But waited that morning because we had to take our daughter to a doctors appointment. It was 25k or 26k... When we can back to buy it it was 49k!!!!! We were upset about this change the most.

All I can say is thank you for ruining a very good game. Greed is a terrible thing and a lack of loyalty will ultimately hurt your bottom line. I'm sure of that.

bobbyrae
03-18-15, 04:25 PM
So, I downloaded this game for the extra gems/gold/whatever on my other games.

I started playing before these changes went into effect, but was still incredibly low-level after they did.

I was having a good amount of fun with it, and definitely considered staying on as a player.

And then..... Well. I realized just how hard it was to fulfill any of the in-game goals with the new changes. The extended time it takes to make anything, along with the high prices for ingredients, meant upgrading my restaurant was pretty much impossible. Mastering recipes? It now takes /ages/. I couldn't afford to purchase any of the next-level stoves, or unlocking the ingredients needed for new recipes, or even basic decorations and styles for my tables and countertops until I was three-four levels above what I could have 'unlocked' them at.

I got as far as I could with getting the extras for downloading and playing, and then deleted. I'm really sad that it went this way, but that's the way the sugar cookies burn.

I'm almost in the same place. Downloaded for the gems and played to level 17. I'm now at level 20 and doubt I'll play for much longer. I suspect that the only players who will continue are those who started long before the changes and who were able to actually advance in the game. Now it's far too frustrating and pointless...unless you buy gems and use them to get through.

s0_xquisite
03-18-15, 05:08 PM
Not only have they jacked prices at the market but I literally was $5,000 away from the commercial oven before they changed its price from $50,000 to $95,000. This wouldn't be an issue if they also had raised the profit prices of cooked recipes.

FrozenTurtle
03-18-15, 05:39 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that we have shared all your great feedback with the game team. We understand that some of these changes may be a bit jarring, but this is still a relatively new game and we may not get things perfect on the first try. With any changes we make, our goal is to provide you all with a fun and engaging experience that everyone can enjoy for a long time. We do hope you continue to provide us with your valuable feedback as we continue working to make Restaurant Story 2 the best that we can. Thanks again for all your support! :)

queentina3
03-18-15, 07:15 PM
Hi everyone! I just wanted to let you all know that we have shared all your great feedback with the game team. We understand that some of these changes may be a bit jarring, but this is still a relatively new game and we may not get things perfect on the first try. With any changes we make, our goal is to provide you all with a fun and engaging experience that everyone can enjoy for a long time. We do hope you continue to provide us with your valuable feedback as we continue working to make Restaurant Story 2 the best that we can. Thanks again for all your support! :)

The below figures are from the last three Street Market sweeps I did. This would not provide ANYONE with a fun and engaging experience that ANYONE could enjoy for a long time. I'm not asking for things to be perfect, FrozenTurtle, but I do expect that TL would recognize that raising Street Market prices by 500%+ isn't going to sit well with the community and should've been a priority to change it back straight away, then work on what they should be before implementing them, and make them reasonable. There is no way that TL can tell me they want the prices to stay at that as surely you must realize by now that what HAD BEEN a great game concept has been destroyed, made obsolete, and blown up. You took the Street Market and made it virtually impossible to use, so why bother having it at all now? You may as well just remove it from the game. :rolleyes:

I honestly believe that whoever at TL came up with the pricing scheme needs to learn basic math again, or talk to a 4th grader, they learn about % in school. Surely they could help that person.

On a side note, how hard would it really be for the developers or people actually coming up with the recipes to actually take a DAY, ONE DAY, and look at what is already available and what they've got planned to roll out and for once and for all, make the changes and then leave them alone? Honestly, it shouldn't be that hard to do. Changing recipes every week is a burden on the players and annoys us. We plan what we're going to make based off of the ingredients and timing and when you constantly change what a recipe uses, or the time to cook the recipe, you make it harder for EVERYONE, not easier and not a fun and engaging experience.

If you were playing this game, would you purchase items from the Street Market at these price % differences? I think not.

Item-SM cost-RS cost -% diff
Egg- 7-1- 700%
Broccoli-162-35 -463%
Bacon-112 -20 -560%
Mayo -314 -45 -698%
Cucumber -131 -25 -524%
Flour -89 -14 -636%
Seaweed -129 -25 -516%
Tuna -113 -20 -565%
Cucumber -149 -25 -596%

Egg -6-1 -600%
Pea -233 -40 -583%
Flour -179 -14 -1279%
Lobster-495-85 -582%
Broccoli-177-35 -506%
Sugar-122 -20 -610%
Egg -8-1- 800%
Salmon-333-50 -666%
Pea-286 -40 -715%

Bread-14-2-700%
Bread-12-2-600%
Sugar-99- 20 -495%
Butter-496 -75 -661%
Bacon-131 -20 -655%
Cheese-21 -3 -700%
Pepper-240-35 -686%
Pasta -20-4 -500%
Cream-74- 13 -569%

By the way, as a side note, I want to thank you for responding exactly as many of us predicted TL would and the way TL always respond to things of this nature. It isn't even an applicable answer to the multitude of questions we've asked through-out the thread, it is a basic bot response. Rinse, recycle, repeat.

As one poster put it: "making adjustments to the games's economy and balance to ensure the prolongued quality of the game for everyone."

Again, thank you for proving us right in EXACTLY the response we'd get. You ask for feedback, we give it, but you give us a bot response. If you want us to give you further CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, then you need to start giving us VALID ANSWERS.

Many of us are sick of acting like your beta testers. We don't get paid by TL, hire someone to do it and stop expecting us, your customers, to do it for you.

kamennaa
03-18-15, 07:21 PM
I played for 1 month and level 42 and I have quitted this game. Thank you for your great feedback.

FranDresner
03-18-15, 07:33 PM
What more feedback could you possibly want from us? Out of 300 posts, 1 person said the changes were favourable and the rest have said otherwise. Surely an appropriate decision could be made at this juncture.

enaid03
03-18-15, 07:39 PM
By the way, as a side note, I want to thank you for responding exactly as many of us predicted TL would and the way TL always respond to things of this nature. It isn't even an applicable answer to the multitude of questions we've asked through-out the thread, it is a basic bot response. Rinse, recycle, repeat.

As one poster put it: "making adjustments to the games's economy and balance to ensure the prolongued quality of the game for everyone."

Again, thank you for proving us right in EXACTLY the response we'd get. You ask for feedback, we give it, but you give us a bot response. If you want us to give you further CONSTRUCTIVE feedback, then you need to start giving us VALID ANSWERS.

Many of us are sick of acting like your beta testers. We don't get paid by TL, hire someone to do it and stop expecting us, your customers, to do it for you.

I could not have said this any better. What a joke. They must have one canned response across games for any issue.

Simply a pathetic and expected S8 response. Perhaps the reason for the the rebranding/renaming of late. Trying to create a respectable reputation after being so tarnished.

bobbyrae
03-18-15, 07:52 PM
I could not have said this any better. What a joke. They must have one canned response across games for any issue.

Lol. Yes. They actually do :D But this new version of the standard response is even more...interesting...than the original one. It's even more vague and fluffy than before.

dmist24
03-18-15, 08:17 PM
Or better - next time, don't release games that's only 20% complete.. I'm sure we are in for many many more updates as there are still many parts of the game that are locked... Looks like we are really just beta testers.

tiggerhobbes
03-18-15, 08:54 PM
Hi fellow gamers,

I would love to hear from everyone, but as an upper level player (Lv 49) I'm mostly curious what is it like for people to cope with the recent disastrous "jarring" changes that TL contemptuously and callously threw at you.

How do you feel about TL suddenly doubling appliance prices?

How do you feel about the street market suddenly becoming very expensive to use? Are you grateful that you get to just skip this part of the game and save your parts for other areas of the game? As it used to be my favorite feature in this game, I miss it a great deal, but I wonder what it's like to start the game without it to begin with, or for people whom have not yet grown used to relying on their S.M. to supply their existing recipe combo. Do you find the game fun enough as it is without it?

And as I'm sure you have become aware, TL has established a habit of routinely changing recipes and consistently, always making it harder and harder to make with each change. What is it like to invest a lot into unlocking an exorbitant recipe, upgrading market to suit recipe requirements, maybe even paying real money to help with the demanding upgrade, only to find out a week later it's no longer worth cooking?

And how do you feel about TL's routine canned response, "thank you for the feedbacks, I've passed it onto developers, in the mean time suck it up, you don't have to like it, we don't have to fix it."

How do you feel about TL's business model of making money not through releasing new content, but through taking away things that you have already paid for (recipes), sabotaging existing game balance to make it nearly impossible to play and earn anything at all?

For me, the only reason I'm still here is because I've already invested too much into this game (or what this game used to be) to just walk away. I'm trying to figure out if it's nearly as frustrating to new players, and what makes them decide to keep playing (if you decide to keep playing.) it's sad enough that they've destroyed what used to be a good game, it's even worse to think that there might not be any future to this game as they have become so hostile to new players that are just starting now.

good2bebad
03-18-15, 09:06 PM

I won't call the drastic price increases "a bit jarring". It is way out of proportion.. or should I say out of this world?!
And is this update "your first try"? I seriously doubt so.
Reading this kind of reply made me feel that it is written by an auto-bot.

I used to think that TL is filled with experienced game architects. This time, I wonder if it is filled by a bunch of toddlers who have yet to learn simple math. Whoever that is responsible for making this dumb change to the street market ought to be fired. Seriously. He or she will destroy TL if he or she stays on.

While TL appreciates our constructive comments, we as your customers, would appreciate your constructive support too! Pls stop treating us like fools by making nonsensical changes to the game.

May we know after TL has heard our constructive comments, what would be the constructive action TL is going to take? We dun need a usual auto-bot reply cos it makes people feel that this is just a way of saying "Thank you, we heard you but the changes are going to stay."

Honestly, I am disappointed to see that TL is only responding now after so long... with so many complains going on. If nothing gets done, I will quit and this would be the last time I download a game from TL. And I believe many will do the same.

good2bebad
03-18-15, 09:11 PM
Just a word of advice to new players - don't ever pay real money for the gems cos TL will devalue whatever u bot or upgraded in subsequent updates.

WinnyWoos
03-18-15, 10:20 PM
Nearly 17,000 views and still nothing....Cowards. Absolutely pathetic.

techiegirl
03-18-15, 10:23 PM
Lobster bisque now earns 5100. I swear it was 6800 or 6900 earlier today.

cathycathy1
03-19-15, 12:08 AM

Can't imagine why you have issue with this. I mean it has 2 Lobster (22 hours to regenerate or over $500 each right now at my street market), 2 butter (16 hours to regenerate or over $500 each at my street market earlier today), and tomato sauce (takes 4 hours, but let's not forget that it is composed of 3 onions (8 hours to regenerate and haven't seen one of those on my street market), 3 parsley (which you hope you managed to grow in the garden, and tomatoes - and you can't purchase it). I mean gosh, it just takes 22 hours to make, if you time everything just right.

queentina3
03-19-15, 04:17 AM

No, it's always been $5,100. I have a spreadsheet that shows the old information and the new information (completed that a few days ago), and I have it listed at $5,100 on both.

mamareader02
03-19-15, 07:39 AM
These changes have me barely checking into game anymore,I'm sure others have been the same way,was that your goal TL,to make players not play as much?congrats,it worked!

twinmommy03
03-19-15, 08:58 AM
I can't add to the "constructive criticism" already given, but I will say that I also have drastically cut down my game play time since the update. It seems as though I can't even buy enough of the ingredients I need to keep my appliances full. I used to rely on the occasional worthwhile item in my SM to fill in the gaps, but now that's not an option thanks to the pricing increase. I'm only a few points away from leveling up to 34 and I'm disappointed that I probably won't be going further.

bobbyrae
03-19-15, 09:16 AM
Nearly 17,000 views and still nothing....Cowards. Absolutely pathetic.

See FrozenTurtle's response at #298.

cquinn32
03-19-15, 09:36 AM
With any changes we make, our goal is to provide you all with a fun and engaging experience that everyone can enjoy for a long time.

Well you have failed this goal with the recent changes!!

WinnyWoos
03-19-15, 10:00 AM
See FrozenTurtle's response at #298.

Surely that's sarcasim right? Lol! As I was saying, nothing. Although coming back here to check is just a waste of time now. If they haven't bothered to fix anything then they aren't going too. What a shame

WinnyWoos
03-19-15, 10:04 AM
Well you have failed this goal with the recent changes!!

I'm guessing they can't read cause theres over 30 pages here and not a single comment suggest the game is now "fun and engaging"

tiggerhobbes
03-19-15, 10:08 AM
Ah well, at least they have accomplished a harder and worthier goal of helping me kick a time wasting habit :-). I knew I had to scale back my gaming time for a while now and TL decided to help. Thanks so mud TL. It was fun while it lasted.

queentina3
03-19-15, 10:19 AM
Ah well, at least they have accomplished a harder and worthier goal of helping me kick a time wasting habit :-). I knew I had to scale back my gaming time for a while now and TL decided to help. Thanks so mud TL. It was fun while it lasted.

I was actually willing, though not happy about it, to suffer these recent changes but now with my issue of CID not showing up and getting no response about it....well there's really no point in my continuing to play. Without CID I can't open up the Fruit Stand nor I can't expand my restaurant or shops. My garden has become a useless waste of space to just continually grow batches of Basil that I can't keep up with, since Vanilla and Ginger have seemed to take a vacation with CID and Lilly, and my street market stunk before due to ingredients I was getting......I'm giving it until tomorrow night and if they still haven't answered my thread down in bugs, I'll probably delete the game.

WinnyWoos
03-19-15, 10:19 AM

LOL exactly! It's finally starting to feel like Spring and time for some outdoor activities anyway! This just makes it easier to do so:)

WinnyWoos
03-19-15, 10:23 AM
I was actually willing, though not happy about it, to suffer these recent changes but now with my issue of CID not showing up and getting no response about it....well there's really no point in my continuing to play. Without CID I can't open up the Fruit Stand nor I can't expand my restaurant or shops. My garden has become a useless waste of space to just continually grow batches of Basil that I can't keep up with, since Vanilla and Ginger have seemed to take a vacation with CID and Lilly, and my street market stunk before due to ingredients I was getting......I'm giving it until tomorrow night and if they still haven't answered my thread down in bugs, I'll probably delete the game.

Basil?!?! Wow I was beginning to think they removed that as well...I'll trade ya some garlic for that basil! HA! 19 garlic, 1 basil, 3 ginger and ZERO vanilla. Now if this doesn't sound "fun and engaging" I don't know what does!!

cquinn32
03-19-15, 10:29 AM
Basil?!?! Wow I was beginning to think they removed that as well...I'll trade ya some garlic for that basil! HA! 19 garlic, 1 basil, 3 ginger and ZERO vanilla. Now if this doesn't sound "fun and engaging" I don't know what does!!

I'm the same, constantly discarding garlic cause that's all that grows in my garden.

tiggerhobbes
03-19-15, 10:32 AM
You know what's funny? I just had to delete 24 vanilla today, what with the garden change I basically can't afford to delete any more basil and garlic, and I used to use my shops as backup and mainly cook with street market finds, but now I collect everything when I log in to play to get the restock timer ticking. Which resulted in a maxed out pantry, but ingredients are too expensive to delete, and the whole thing just feels like stupid stress, constant compromise, as opposed to happy thrilling sweeps and exploring possibilities.

That's when I had my aha moment: this really isn't fun anymore, there's no point wasting any more energy trying to adapt and make it work.

queentina3
03-19-15, 10:33 AM
LOL exactly! It's finally starting to feel like Spring and time for some outdoor activities anyway! This just makes it easier to do so:)

In a month I'll be starting on my own personal garden, if the snows melted by then, and there'll be no basil in it.

I'd love some garlic please, I need to make more dough. :p You can take my basil and sho...well put it somewhere the sun doesn't shine. :p

I'm the same, constantly discarding garlic cause that's all that grows in my garden.

Deleting garlic? *whimpers* That is like when people had to keep deleting shovels when I was dying for them. Still am actually. Need 2 and 1 board to repair the fruit market. *sighs*

queentina3
03-19-15, 10:44 AM
You know what's funny? I just had to delete 24 vanilla today, what with the garden change I basically can't afford to delete any more basil and garlic, and I used to use my shops as backup and mainly cook with street market finds, but now I collect everything when I log in to play to get the restock timer ticking. Which resulted in a maxed out pantry, but ingredients are too expensive to delete, and the whole thing just feels like stupid stress, constant compromise, as opposed to happy thrilling sweeps and exploring possibilities.

That's when I had my aha moment: this really isn't fun anymore, there's no point wasting any more energy trying to adapt and make it work.

You know what I find really hilarious, though it isn't. My street market has ALWAYS been a problem, you know this, based off of the other Market thread. Me and my street market have always had a love-hate relationship, it loves to hate me. NOW, NOW that they've increased the prices, I start getting pretty decent Street Markets and I can't use them! WAH!!! I mean come on?! I was getting egg, cheese, tomato, bread, and pasta in almost every slot before, then they up the prices and I finally start getting some meat, seafood and veggie?

Oh, and here are the two street markets I looked at today. I've been trying not to look but it's like watching a car wreck, you just can't turn away sometimes.

Item - SM cost - RS cost - % diff
Cream - 82 - 13 - 631%
Cream - 84 - 13 - 646%
Sugar - 140 - 20 - 700%
Seaweed - 180 - 25 - 720%
Cream - 86 - 13 - 662%
Rice - 200 - 35 - 571%
Pea - 224 - 40 - 560%
Potato - 153 - 30 - 510%
Tomato - 13 - 2 - 650%

Bread - 14 - 2 - 700%
Cheese - 20 - 3 - 667%
Pea - 202 - 40 - 505%
Beef - 74 - 13 - 569%
Cream - 76 - 13 - 585%
Egg - 6 - 1 - 600%
Egg - 7 - 1 - 700%
Butter - 361 - 75 - 481%
Egg - 6 - 1 - 600%

dragon2046
03-19-15, 10:54 AM
Yes they should've just came out and said the street market was a mistake so we are just going to delete it cuz basically it is not usable as it is so they should've just removed it all together and faced it. IMO of course :)

tiggerhobbes
03-19-15, 11:18 AM
You know what I find really hilarious, though it isn't. My street market has ALWAYS been a problem, you know this, based off of the other Market thread. Me and my street market have always had a love-hate relationship, it loves to hate me. NOW, NOW that they've increased the prices, I start getting pretty decent Street Markets and I can't use them! WAH!!! I mean come on?! I was getting egg, cheese, tomato, bread, and pasta in almost every slot before, then they up the prices and I finally start getting some meat, seafood and veggie?

Oh, and here are the two street markets I looked at today. I've been trying not to look but it's like watching a car wreck, you just can't turn away sometimes.

Item - SM cost - RS cost - % diff
Cream - 82 - 13 - 631%
Cream - 84 - 13 - 646%
Sugar - 140 - 20 - 700%
Seaweed - 180 - 25 - 720%
Cream - 86 - 13 - 662%
Rice - 200 - 35 - 571%
Pea - 224 - 40 - 560%
Potato - 153 - 30 - 510%
Tomato - 13 - 2 - 650%

Bread - 14 - 2 - 700%
Cheese - 20 - 3 - 667%
Pea - 202 - 40 - 505%
Beef - 74 - 13 - 569%
Cream - 76 - 13 - 585%
Egg - 6 - 1 - 600%
Egg - 7 - 1 - 700%
Butter - 361 - 75 - 481%
Egg - 6 - 1 - 600%

I think it's just part of the change though. Old habits die hard, I opened up my market and I seem to get strawberries and mushrooms and onions on every refresh now, I acted without thinking on day one of the TL-selfdestruct act and grabbed all the strawberries and mushrooms whenever I saw them. I used to make about 300k in a day before this change, but since the change I've made less than 100k, it's been about two days now, so the street market grabs really tanked my income.

If not for the previously built up stockpile of high yield food (except for the spiced marinara stack which I deleted) I would have gone bankrupt by now.

Doesnt matter, I'm escaping this virtual world. Good job TL on shooting yourself in the foot.

cquinn32
03-19-15, 11:38 AM
I've also noticed that my street market is flooded with rare items mushrooms, onions, peppers ect. much more than before.

kooky panda
03-19-15, 11:40 AM
Since I was leveling up pretty quick , I knew that TL would probably throw some changes in.
I personally feel it was too much.

I can live with some, but as others have stated, the marketplace is useless to me at the current prices. If I get in a pinch and need one more of an item so I can go ahead
complete a recipe, I will buy it, but it really cuts into my profit.

When I first come in my game, I like to check my market first, now I hardly ever look at it.

The other thing. I wish they would of waited to do this change until we were in-between timed goals.

I did finally get my St Patrick's goals done, but it was a little stressful!

I do want to say Thanks to everyone. :)

I know this has been really upsetting, but your posts have been very constructive!

I know that the CMs do not come on and post daily, but I can promise you that they are reading all your comments and taking these back to the team.

We may not get everything changed back but hopefully after hearing from all you how these changes have affected your gameplay TL will make some adjustments
(In our favor , our course!)

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSUQC1EUtnqXf_0wiYQKeWHjYSaI02EV rp9-a_5s_wuhLqxa7z3

queentina3
03-19-15, 11:42 AM
It's cruel....it's like they're teasing us, taunting us..... *come on queen, you know you want it. grab it, Grab it, GRAB IT!*

My finger actually tingles as I go to hit the X and close the Market, like it can't believe I'm not actually grabbing up those rare goodies. :eek:

ETA: kooky, that bunnies tail is hypnotizing me. My eyes just zero in on it every time I see one of your posts. LOL!

tiggerhobbes
03-19-15, 11:47 AM
Yeah to prevent myself from further loss I've finally deleted my RS2 :p. tried it, loved it, it died, I tried to kick the dead horse, it remains just as dead and aggravating.

Hey Queentina, mind if I add you on Castle story? Now that I quit RS2 I might get back into castle.

queentina3
03-19-15, 11:59 AM
Sure, go ahead. I play Fairytale, Farm 2, and RS 1 as well, if you decide to give them a try/get back into them as well.

CID showed up for me fairly quickly since his last visit and right as I opened my game too, so I'm still holding on. Probably because I'm still able to cook some $5 and $6 recipes to keep my cashflow going, though I do end up with some appliances not being used and my counters no longer all have food on them. I'm still selling out though, so that's good as I know I'm getting the full profit without food sitting there for days. But if CID disappears again......Well that's a different story. Can't do anything without CID. He's my lifeline!

cquinn32
03-19-15, 12:01 PM
I could probably cope with the changing of recipes (don't like it) but just takes some adjusting I guess.

But to make recipes harder to cook and at the same time rendering the market worthless it's just too much.
As it is now they should just remove the market all together so that new players don't waste their supplies on it.

milliesshop27
03-19-15, 12:04 PM
My complaint has to do with gifting on Restaurant Story 2. When people sign in with Facebook I have no idea who I'm gifting back. Also, when I gift, it just keeps filling back up with gifts so when I accept and gift back I have no idea who I'm gifting. I am becoming more and more frustrated with this game. Impossible Irish goals, crazy prices at the street market....I play several other Teamlava games. It may be time to delete this one. Thanks...

queentina3
03-19-15, 12:15 PM
Ok, I don't think I'm losing my mind. I only have one Chateau Stove and have been waiting on learning Prime Rib until I've leveled up to get the second one, as it takes 2 days to learn, but I just checked the appliances and it says that I'm at my max limit! We're only allowed to have 1 Chateau Stove now? Usually if you only have 1 of an appliance but are allowed two, it says "next at level xxx" but this doesn't, it's saying I can only have one.

TL, is that true? Did you limit us to only 1 Chateau Stove now? If so, why? We're still able to have 2 Salad Bars, 2 Drink Makers, and 2 Chateau Oven's, so why not 2 Chateau Stoves?

enaid03
03-19-15, 12:18 PM
TL, is that true? Did you limit us to only 1 Chateau Stove now? If so, why? We're still able to have 2 Salad Bars, 2 Drink Makers, and 2 Chateau Oven's, so why not 2 Chateau Stoves?

I only have one chateau stove and one chateau oven. That was what was available before all the madness started. I do have the gem option for the 2nd ones.

queentina3
03-19-15, 12:25 PM
I only have one chateau stove and one chateau oven. That was what was available before all the madness started. I do have the gem option for the 2nd ones.

So it was always like this? I could swear my chateau stove had a "next available at level 40" as I wasn't sure if I was going to get the 2nd salad machine at 39 or hold off for the 2nd chateau stove. I guess the drink machine/chateau oven having two is the coin and then the gem option - had forgotten about that so we're only allowed one of those later on, right? They've always been locked for me as I'm not high enough yet to unlock them. :)

ETA: 2 days to learn Prime Rib is insane. It is only 4 beef and 2 garlic. 12 hours is sufficient. :rolleyes:

rosewaterlily
03-19-15, 12:27 PM
We've always been only able to have one chateau stove and one chateau oven for coins. I got all the second machines you can get for coins before the game was nerfed, and the chateau appliances were never eligible to have a second one for coins.

queentina3
03-19-15, 12:37 PM
Ok thanks everyone. Darn it! I'm not spending my gems on another machine, not with the pricing as it is. All those Bingo awarded gems will have to continue to sit and wait and see............

bobbyrae
03-19-15, 02:34 PM
Yeah to prevent myself from further loss I've finally deleted my RS2 :p. tried it, loved it, it died, I tried to kick the dead horse, it remains just as dead and aggravating.

And congrats to you!! :) When I finally quit Farm Story I felt the same way. I suspect I will be deleting RS2 shortly as well. I can't expand anything since all I get from CID are nails, nails and more nails. :-/

bobbyrae
03-19-15, 02:39 PM
Surely that's sarcasim right? Lol! As I was saying, nothing. Although coming back here to check is just a waste of time now. If they haven't bothered to fix anything then they aren't going too. What a shame

Lol. Well see my response at #303

Lol. Yes. They actually do :D But this new version of the standard response is even more...interesting...than the original one. It's even more vague and fluffy than before.

It's a little more fluffy than the usual balancing the economy rubbish of a response but it really is just fluffy vagueness. Nothingness really.

ShirleysFantasy
03-19-15, 02:39 PM
It's funny. I bought gems before to open more appliances now with the market can't use some of them. Very mad at changes so won't be buying any of your deals you put up either. So won't need to buy any gems. Thanks TL your saving me real money. Why not bulldoze the street market and make it a market that we can sell extra items in like Farm Story 2?

WinnyWoos
03-19-15, 05:26 PM

Hey Queentina, mind if I add you on Castle story? Now that I quit RS2 I might get back into castle.

And there you have it. What an accomplishment these updates have been! *insert MAJOR sarcasim* A loyal player who was constantly on here seeing what was new, starting threads, commenting on others, whatever it may be which IMO made this RS2 forum something worth coming to daily. New and old players were starting to post more and more. Players were posting their recipes, tips, mistakes and so on to help each other out, which IMO overall was making RS2 an even much more enjoyable game to play.

You just couldn't take it, could you?? "Oh no "team" ....look!! Our customers seem HAPPY?!? We must fix this immediately, hurry go ruin this game so we can put a stop to all this happiness" Well...JOB WELL DONE. Mission completed.

mamareader02
03-19-15, 05:26 PM
Anyone else having food sell very quickly?last week I didn't have enough counters,now I leave the game for 4 hours,all is sold!even my major stock of ratatouille and coq au vin,which always had leftovers ,even overnight!im at level 49,not sure if I'm liking this or not,because honestly I ran out of counter space daily

WinnyWoos
03-19-15, 05:34 PM
Lol. Well see my response at #303

It's a little more fluffy than the usual balancing the economy rubbish of a response but it really is just fluffy vagueness. Nothingness really.

Hahaha!!! Whew! We're on the same page then:p Love your description...Fluffy vagueness. LOL!!!

queentina3
03-19-15, 05:39 PM
Anyone else having food sell very quickly?last week I didn't have enough counters,now I leave the game for 4 hours,all is sold!even my major stock of ratatouille and coq au vin,which always had leftovers ,even overnight!im at level 49,not sure if I'm liking this or not,because honestly I ran out of counter space daily

Sorry dear, can't help you. My food always sold out quickly because my tables are close to the door and I don't use servers. :)

cquinn32
03-19-15, 05:39 PM
And there you have it. What an accomplishment these updates have been! *insert MAJOR sarcasim* A loyal player who was constantly on here seeing what was new, starting threads, commenting on others, whatever it may be which IMO made this RS2 forum something worth coming to daily. New and old players were starting to post more and more. Players were posting their recipes, tips, mistakes and so on to help each other out, which IMO overall was making RS2 an even much more enjoyable game to play.

You just couldn't take it, could you?? "Oh no "team" ....look!! Our customers seem HAPPY?!? We must fix this immediately, hurry go ruin this game so we can put a stop to all this happiness" Well...JOB WELL DONE. Mission completed.

Well put!!

ElaineCarrel
03-19-15, 05:54 PM
Even though I've reached LVL 35 I still consider myself a "newbie". I recently advanced quite a few lvls bcuz I was cooking nonstop to complete the St Paddys Day challenge and mastering the breakfast items. I also mastered the Pizza Bread bcuz I wanted the mastery spice to help w the St Paddys challenge

. I was just really beginning to enjoy this game. I'd mastered everything in the original RS and BS so when it became available for me to play it made me very happy. I was using the street market quite frequently since I've only gotten to lvl 4 in all my buildings and only had 5 plots. The market and I had become very good friends. Now I wish I'd never opened the last 2 slots last wk, b4 the update, and saved the tools for other projects.

Now, unfortunately and some definitely not intended, I've got too much money invested in this game by purchasing gems that I won't quit. I feel like telling TL what to do w the game but I'm hoping they'll c the errors of their ways and take things back to how they used to b. I almost wish that I'd started this game after this last update so I wouldn't know how it used to b.

So I've gone from being a happy camper w the game and TL to being very unhappy and disillusioned. If anyone were to ask me about whether or not I'd recommend this game to play, my answer would b a resounding NO NO NO.

bobbyrae
03-19-15, 06:46 PM
I almost wish that I'd started this game after this last update so I wouldn't know how it used to b.

I started a little before the update but the street market didn't become available to me until the day before the update. Silly me. I could have repaired either the market or the garden and I went for the market for obvious reasons. Silly me indeed.

So technically I never had the street market before the update since its repairs were finished the day of the update. What can I say? It still sucks starting the game after the last update even though I have no real idea what it was like before the update. The prices in the market are outright ridiculous.
The gifting system sucks. As for the price changes for appliances...seriously ? So not "newbie" friendly. One word sums this game all up : frustrating.

queentina3
03-19-15, 07:15 PM
I wouldn't not recommend this game to my worst enemy let alone a friend or family member. In fact I'd tell them to run away, run fast, and run far. It's not worth it when there are TONS of other Restaurant games available in the App Store from companies that don't treat their customers like guinea pigs or like dirt on the bottom of their shoe. :p

WinnyWoos
03-19-15, 08:39 PM
I wouldn't not recommend this game to my worst enemy let alone a friend or family member. In fact I'd tell them to run away, run fast, and run far. It's not worth it when there are TONS of other Restaurant games available in the App Store from companies that don't treat their customers like guinea pigs or like dirt on the bottom of their shoe. :p

Amen Sista:cool:

CindysTNFarm
03-20-15, 12:21 AM
I Have trouble LOL about it at this point. Everything they've done is a slap in the face. I've always been of the mindset that I'm willing to pay real money to support good game development. However, the company has become so greedy and unreasonable. I can't think of any other game on the market that is this expensive to play. It's almost impossible to make progress or meet goals without buying gems. They changed all the recipes, raised all the costs, it costs more gems to do everything you need to do. I've invested so much money in this game that I'm too embarrassed to admit how much. But my checkbook is closed now. I am cutting my losses. This game used to be fun. They had a chance to build customers. Instead they insulted us by their sneaky tactics and enormous price increases. They've determined their own fate. Most loyal customers are fed up and leaving this game.

TrixiDeCat
03-20-15, 01:37 AM
And the beauty of it? VP says, "You've got XXX,XXX gamers playing and no money coming in? What are you doing??!!"

Exactly.

tiggerhobbes
03-20-15, 03:05 AM
Eh? Speaking for myself as someone who already deleted the app, I'm not advocating war with TL. when I use their product I had a relationship with the company, I don't like how they treat customers, there are plenty of companies out there that treat people better. I walked away because I no longer want to have a relationship with people who continuously frustrate and insult customers, not because I'm wanting to antagonize them. The game can't aggravate me if I don't play it.

And that's the main reason for deleting it, really. It used to be entertaining and rewarding, it has since become aggravating, stressful and frustrating to use. If I were paid to do a job then surely I ought to persevere, but this is a game, I'm not trying to pressure TL to do things my way, I'm not trying to fight them, I'm only quitting because the game is no longer fun.

Do what you want. Pay, don't pay. Play, don't play. I have no dog in the fight.

bobbyrae
03-20-15, 06:28 AM
And the beauty of it? VP says, "You've got XXX,XXX gamers playing and no money coming in? What are you doing??!!"

Exactly.

I choose to play free but have no quarrel with those who choose to spend real money on their games. So many players do not come to this forum and so many who will download the game at this point don't and won't even know about the changes, sadly. So they will continue to pay and play. If these developer decisions were affecting the company's bottom line we would see the changes reversed, but as has been seen before in other games changes like these are hardly ever reversed.

The goal isn't so much player satisfaction. It's more along the lines of, "What do we need to do to get more players to spend money on gems?"

mcmug17
03-20-15, 09:22 AM
Break up was easy. Today is the first day of spring. Enjoy life. Baked some real cookies and gave them to neighbors. It's much more rewarding.

mcmug17
03-20-15, 09:40 AM
Does it matter whether they announce the changes first or not LOL? You still only have 2 choices, play or don't play.

dmist24
03-20-15, 03:39 PM
Does it matter whether they announce the changes first or not LOL? You still only have 2 choices, play or don't play.

I think the better phrase is "to don't play, or to pay"

dragon2046
03-20-15, 04:50 PM
I really miss my street market. I used it a lot! I also liked the excitement when u would get that rare item. I check it in the hopes they will lower the prices but no not happening. :(

GG_GAME
03-20-15, 10:02 PM

it does out of respect for customers. It's an industrial standard. If you think it's small issue to you then you are just ignorant. But i agree that lastly to play or not is the end realistic result.

queentina3
03-21-15, 05:24 AM
Break up was easy. Today is the first day of spring. Enjoy life. Baked some real cookies and gave them to neighbors. It's much more rewarding.

LOL!!!! You just gotta love a good break-up!

"According to the calendar it was the first day of spring," I respond cheerfully. Then I intone flatly, "but it's snowing where I live, again! I'm going to murder that groundhog one of the days, I swear!"

:p

tiggerhobbes
03-21-15, 05:34 AM
Groundhogs are nice in stew if you can catch them :-)

Made soda bread and deep fried hogs knuckles today, washed down really nicely with a cold can of asahi. Too bad the cracklings weren't that crispy but can't complain overall. It already feels like mid summer here and I'm trying to dig out my swim suits.

dinendash7474
03-22-15, 07:20 AM
Disappointing TL ruined the market. What is the point of it now? They basically removed a feature from the game. What's the reasoning??

queentina3
03-22-15, 07:45 AM
Disappointing TL ruined the market. What is the point of it now? They basically removed a feature from the game. What's the reasoning??

What's the reasoning?

To provide you all with a fun and engaging experience that everyone can enjoy for a long time.

Straight from a TL/S8 CM's post. You can see it in the first post of this thread. I do hope you're having a fun and engaging experience that you can enjoy for a long time. I know I'm not. I'm giving it a few more days and if things haven't changed, I'm deleting the App. My game has stalled with the lack of CID (4 times at best a day I see him), and I can't make any money. The only recipes worth cooking have long refresh times for ingredients and without the street market to supplement them to me in the interim, I'm not going anywhere. What little I make off of the other recipes I spend to get ingredients, so......game has stalled.

KadeeDid
03-22-15, 09:10 AM
What the heck, TL??? Why do you keep messing with existing recipes???

Cucumber Sandwich now requires Mayo when it didn't before!

I haven't checked them all yet but I will to see if you've changed any others. Please stop doing this! Once you've decided on a recipe and released it, leave it the heck alone!

GRRRRR!!! :mad:

Salmon Sushi is also changed! It now requires 1 Ginger Spice.
Tuna Roll is also changed! It now requires 1 Ginger Spice.
Mandarin/Chicken is locked until Lvl 46 so I can't check those.

I think those are the only changes on the appliances I have - missing chateau oven and drink machine.

Edit: FrozenTurtle

I went to make cucumber sandwich recently and was unable to do so as I did not have mayo.
Just stick with the menu. Changing recipes and costs etc. looks amateurish as if there was no planning and thought in the beginning. Occasional changes to help game play are beneficial but not these sort of surprises.

Jennerwein1
03-22-15, 10:00 AM
I want thank TL for saving me money.
I used to buy gems and packages in several of their games, but with the aliknapping in CS, the impossible breeding in both DS and FFS ( with a ridiculous amount of limiteds!) and now this debacle on RS2 (which I really enjoyed up til now), I cannot justify it. Why pay for being frustrated? Only a masochist would consider that. I personally would rather get a couple of Ventes for $9.99. I can always work them off on the treadmill later, lol.

ChefKK1
03-22-15, 10:38 AM
$384 for an onion? Really Team Lava? There are regulations in the real world that prevent companies from gouging their customers. Are you that greedy?

sashahoney
03-22-15, 03:39 PM
I think we should all get refunds on all the recipes we purchased since they have decided to make changes without including us in the decision! I wouldn't have bought half of the recipes I have since they are not even worth making with all the new added ingredients! This games just another example of money hungry devs trying to force players to purchase gems! Talk about sucking every ounce of fun in this game literally over night! This company hasn't shown any respect or loyalty to us players! 😁

Beecause
03-22-15, 03:56 PM

Exactly. LOL! I thought the same thing - not that I mock the poster that said that, I understand what they meant.

Since the "change" I think I've spent more time here on the forum than playing the game.
It's almost 7pm and I have yet to open my game today.
My social rating & that of my few neighbors were all tanked yesterday - I went from a 4 star to a 2 :(

I'll get it back up but mostly to view others designs, try to help them with a few coins and to get my
stupid trophy that I was working to earn - I'm almost at the final 10 star. :rolleyes:

bobbyrae
03-22-15, 04:46 PM
I want thank TL for saving me money.
I used to buy gems and packages in several of their games, but with the aliknapping in CS, the impossible breeding in both DS and FFS ( with a ridiculous amount of limiteds!) and now this debacle on RS2 (which I really enjoyed up til now), I cannot justify it. Why pay for being frustrated? Only a masochist would consider that. I personally would rather get a couple of Ventes for $9.99. I can always work them off on the treadmill later, lol.

Alas, not everyone will think like this and so players will continue to purchase gems and so justify TL's changes to the game.

queentina3
03-22-15, 05:26 PM
Alas, not everyone will think like this and so players will continue to purchase gems and so justify TL's changes to the game.

Yup, but a month or two down the road those same people will have walked away as well. They'll have realized the only way they can get coins is to purchase them with those gems they bought, as they won't make much money otherwise. All the dishes worth cooking can't be cooked again right away, due to the refresh rate of most of the ingredients needed for those recipes, and those recipes share ingredients as well. They'll scratch their heads and wonder why the coin amount has halted in their game, why their not making as much as they were.

Then, like a light bulb flashing above their head, they'll realize that the dishes they are making have very little profit, and what profit they did make off of selling them, they put right back into buying ingredients again. Unlike the other dishes that had a high profit, and could stand the refresh cost of purchasing more ingredients, the lower profit recipes can't keep up.

They won't be able to purchase decorations, upgrade anything that cost coins, or even learn new recipes and purchase that next appliance.

The game has now stalled for them. There is no where to go, nothing to do but cook the same recipes over and over and over, as those are the only ingredients they have available in their side-shops on a consistent basis that they can turn around and cook again right away. Without use of the Street Market, they can't supplement that one or two missing beef/seafood/veggie. They could upgrade their side markets with GEMS, but at what point do you say to yourself "that wasn't necessary and I just wasted money for nothing, nobody is playing anymore". Or "wow, now that I can grab four I'll have to do that otherwise the item won't start it's refresh cycle", and then they'll run out of Pantry space and start deleting ingredients. Then guess what? They walk away too realizing they can't get anywhere, and they should have listened and not purchased gems as then maybe TL would have rethought this horrible strategy.

By then though, it's too late. The long-term loyal PAYING customers have walked off with disgust, and even littler trust and faith that TL is an honest company that wants to provide a fun and engaging game that will last years. *snorts*

ryllam
03-23-15, 08:42 AM
I'm hoping that these changes are a mistake or not permanent. If there are more changes which continue along the same path, it looks like it could severely reduce how much time that I (and others) are able to play. Few suggestions:

1. Reduce mayo refresh time or alter sandwich recipes to less mayo. I thought the Cucumber Sandwich recipe was fair without requiring mayo. Multiple sandwich recipes need mayo and the mayo refresh time is very, very long. My deli counters (2) will be mostly empty and I'm losing income potential on those 2 appliances. I know there are other deli counter recipes (antipasto platter etc), but I use those ingredients elsewhere.

2. Reduce price of ingredients in the Street Market. If the original prices were too low, I could understand raising them. But the prices are so high now that it looks barely economical to buy even one ingredient just to complete a recipe. I enjoyed checking the Street Market frequently but now I won't be.

3. Regaeding herbs, perhaps give more space in the pantry, make pantry upgrades more attainable, etc to accommodate for the HUGE increase of requiring herbs for spices, recipes, etc.

If these changes stay or recipes continue to be altered for the worse, I won't be playing as much. The reason is this: I like to have most appliances in use at all times and be checking the game/playing (at times) consistently without closing the app for long. Some appliances are making longer, more special recipes and the others are cranking out quick, more attainable recipes (Pizza Bread, Veggie Sushi, Cucumber Sandwich, etc). If I can't make those quick recipes (Cucumber Sandwich) I won't play consistently and I'll fall away from being logged in and playing. Also when I'm playing consistently, I'm logged in and clicking the water requests for more income. I wouldn't be logged in consistently as much and I would lose that water request income.

The same concept applies for the Street Market. When I'm logged in and checking on dishes or playing consistently, I used to check the Street Market all the time. At the current prices, there would be no point in looking at the Street Market because it doesn't seem economical.

I really enjoy this game and I think the pace and difficulty has been just right. Expansions, recipes, and unlocking ingredients are expensive but attainable after a few days of work. To me, it's been just challenging enough and I like the pace.

If changes are being made to make the game MORE challenging, I don't understand why and I would become frustrated. If the game needs to become more challenging for max level players, I suggest creating special (timed?) challenges etc for them. The mastery recipes seem like a great start to that. But if it takes months upon months to get the mastery recipes (ex: longer time for Cucumber Sandwich), it becomes almost unattainable and I would lose interest.

Hope you guys can take the community feedback into consideration and maybe even reverse some changes or make updates which would improve playing and encourage more, not less, of it. Thanks!

I have really enjoyed this game in the past and have considered spending a lot of money on this game. But with all these changes made to this game, which have made it ever more so impossible and too time consuming to accomplish. I play this game because it's cute, easy and doesn't take a lot of my head or time to play. It's the kind of lovely leisure that I can do in between break time in school or work. But if it's so difficult to play and advance in my spare time, then I want to anything more to do with it. I play games to relax, not to stress myself out. But so far, all these new changes only made me feel way more stress than having fun. I have spent hundreds of dollars on other games but most often they start to get greedy that I just stop playing them everyday and stop trying to do the goals because they make it so impossible that I have to spend 10 bucks for each of them and thats just not fun / challenging any more if I just buy my way through a game.

I couldn't have said it better than this player.

Suggestions:

1. Separate pantry for only herbs and spices.
2. Less time needed for ingredients to restock (waiting an entire day to make a dish is just stupid)
3. Less ingredients needed to prepare a dish (waiting an entire day to make a dish is just stupid)

The game is no longer fun when it takes days to progress and level ups. There are plenty of other fun games out there (and new ones coming out every day) and a few may even be a better rip-off version of this game.

bobbyrae
03-23-15, 09:11 AM
Yup, but a month or two down the road those same people will have walked away as well. They'll have realized the only way they can get coins is to purchase them with those gems they bought...

See, this is the thing. From my experience with this company it doesn't appear that it is that important to maintain long term customers. It appears that new downloads of games are the driving force behind TL's goal. They did this with Bakery Story and with the original Restaurant Story and with pretty much all the games they have and yet look at their facebook page and their download numbers and their review ratings. It doesn't seem to bother TL that its old time customers are disgruntled and leaving because newer, eager to spend money players keep coming in every hour, it would appear.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 12:21 PM
I may be one of the only players who like the changes, I had no problems adapting to the new gameplay. I still use my street market, I can still run my appliances non stop. So I play less because I don't need to watch the street market as much, and I don't really like the new table turn over rate because food runs out very fast, but I'm ok with it. The Facebook gifting is strange, but they've also bumped up the amount of gifts you can send (I want to say twenty, but i just gift all my neighbors every day and am too lazy to count how many get sent). I have not used my Facebook account to send gifts, and I still get several quick serves a day.

My only concern now is I haven't seen a hammer in two weeks, so I can't upgrade or expand without using gems. I have not spent any money on this game, nor will I.

queentina3
03-23-15, 01:08 PM
I may be one of the only players who like the changes, I had no problems adapting to the new gameplay. I still use my street market, I can still run my appliances non stop. So I play less because I don't need to watch the street market as much, and I don't really like the new table turn over rate because food runs out very fast, but I'm ok with it. The Facebook gifting is strange, but they've also bumped up the amount of gifts you can send (I want to say twenty, but i just gift all my neighbors every day and am too lazy to count how many get sent). I have not used my Facebook account to send gifts, and I still get several quick serves a day.

My only concern now is I haven't seen a hammer in two weeks, so I can't upgrade or expand without using gems. I have not spent any money on this game, nor will I.

I don't understand why you're still using your Street Market, honestly. You're significantly cutting into what little profit you were making on the dish. Most of the ingredients have a % increase anywhere between 500 to 1000 compared to what you get when purchasing them from the individual shops. If anything, you'd be better off WAITING until it refreshes and then making the dish, it would save you a substantial amount of money. But, everyone plays the game differently and to each their own. Personally I wouldn't buy something that was 500% more just to get it a few hours sooner. Not in real life and not in gaming either.

The problem is TL will never even consider changing the pricing scheme when there are people like you that actually pay those outrageous prices, so the rest of us are left to suffer. :rolleyes:

enaid03
03-23-15, 01:12 PM
I may be one of the only players who like the changes, .....So I play less.....I have not spent any money on this game, nor will I.

Does not really make a lot of sense to me, but perhaps it works for you.

Yes, some of us are adapting. I haven't purchased anything from the street market since the change, and am learning to open it less. I was super hopeful they had made some sort of change when my game refreshed a handful of times earlier, but it was to remove the limited time st patrick's day items.

But, I too am playing less and will not be spending a dime anymore.

The change came at a good time. I am spending more time finding eggs and tulips and less time on this game.

cquinn32
03-23-15, 01:32 PM

Well I agree with you about the hammers!! I have zero hammers at the moment and double digits of everything else. This I really annoying me too!!

And I really wish they would remove ginger from being required to make tuna roll and salmon sushi. Ginger is just to rare to be in so many recipes and spices.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 01:45 PM
I don't understand why you're still using your Street Market, honestly. You're significantly cutting into what little profit you were making on the dish. Most of the ingredients have a % increase anywhere between 500 to 1000 compared to what you get when purchasing them from the individual shops. If anything, you'd be better off WAITING until it refreshes and then making the dish, it would save you a substantial amount of money. But, everyone plays the game differently and to each their own. Personally I wouldn't buy something that was 500% more just to get it a few hours sooner. Not in real life and not in gaming either.

You make no money on an appliance that isn't being used. You make no money with your counters empty. I play very conservatively, so when this update hit I had plenty of backup funds. Spending more to grab ingredients off the street market when I need them is fine. Until I get hammers I can't expand or upgrade anything, so I might as well use my money to crank out food.

There's still profit there, just not as much. I don't buy as much as I did before, but when you have a couple million coins just sitting there, there's no reason not to buy. So I make a few coins per batch, it definitely adds up. If you're still playing the game for the short term, you need to rethink your strategy.

The problem is TL will never even consider changing the pricing scheme when there are people like you that actually pay those outrageous prices, so the rest of us are left to suffer. :rolleyes:

And why should they? The game works just fine. You didn't adapt, that's on you.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 01:57 PM
Profit is profit. You make no money on appliances not being used, and counters empty. Until I get hammers I can't expand or upgrade, so my coins just sit there doing nothing. You bet I'm going to use it to keep my appliances going. I'm sorry this offends your gameplay. You obviously can't think beyond the immediate need, and are therefore stuck struggling.

Blame me for the changes because I have adapted? That's a little stuck up..... I am not attacking anyone for how they choose to play the game, I am pointing out that the game will work if you rethink your strategy.

There's a reason I stopped posting on some of the TL forums. People get so stuck in their own ways, and their own game they fail to recognize when things need to be changed.

queentina3
03-23-15, 02:16 PM
You make no money on an appliance that isn't being used. You make no money with your counters empty. I play very conservatively, so when this update hit I had plenty of backup funds. Spending more to grab ingredients off the street market when I need them is fine. Until I get hammers I can't expand or upgrade anything, so I might as well use my money to crank out food.

There's still profit there, just not as much. I don't buy as much as I did before, but when you have a couple million coins just sitting there, there's no reason not to buy. So I make a few coins per batch, it definitely adds up. If you're still playing the game for the short term, you need to rethink your strategy.And why should they? The game works just fine. You didn't adapt, that's on you.

I do understand what you're saying, but the reality of the situation is not exactly what you're claiming either. Just to use an appliance because otherwise you're not making money isn't exactly true. Ingredients you're using on that appliance for a dish that isn't worth making with that ingredient could have made you more if you used it for a higher profit dish. Since you used it in a lower profit dish, now you have to wait for it to refresh or grab it from the street market at exorbitant prices, again cutting into what profit you may have made. Empty counters don't make money, however counters filled with food that barely make you $50 or $100 isn't going to get you anywhere, especially when a few of the ingredients in that food you could've used for a dish that would've brought you in a profit of $1000 or more.

You say there's profit there, but if you're using the street market as often as you claim then I can't believe that you're making a profit on the dish. The cost of the ingredients, in some cases, is higher than the profit on a dish. You may THINK you're still making a profit because the little people have the +3 or +4 when their done eating, but the reality of the situation is if you purchased an ingredient(s) from the street market, you most likely lost money on the dish when the difference is anywhere between 500% - 1000%. That is simple mathematics.

And this in a nutshell is WHY you're still purchasing from the street market
when you have a couple million coins just sitting there, there's no reason not to buy What do you want to bet that when you're down to only a few hundred grand you'll notice that affect the street market hike has had on players. They can't afford to buy the appliances and learn recipes as well as upgrade their shops to supplement them now that the street market is no longer an option. They don't have MILLIONS of coins like you do. Keep paying at INFLATED prices and you'll be in the same boat as the rest of us.

I did adapt, so don't tell me I didn't. I'm not using my street market and it is making me have to leave appliances empty as I don't have the ingredients to cook. I have 4 slots in the general store/butcher/veggie market open but it doesn't help when the refresh times are as long as they are for things like Mushrooms, Onion, Butter, Lobster, and Salmon. Not to mention that many ingredients are used in the other dishes and I need them for those considering the amount of money I'd make is substantially higher. I'm not going to waste a long refresh time ingredient on a dish that will barely net me $300 when I can use it in a dish that will net me $1000. I have 3 slots open in the seafood shop and only one open in the fruit market (I can't afford to expand that to two!)

So, I'm glad that with your millions of coins this changes hasn't affected your gameplay and you'll be able to continue playing happily for years, which is what TL wants to hear.

For the rest of us, I guess we either have to suffer and HOPE TL comes to their senses and changes things to a more appropriate level or leave the game. I'm giving it until Wednesday and if things haven't changed, I'm gone. That is my decision as the game is no longer fun or engaging. It is frustrating and annoying.

enaid03
03-23-15, 02:57 PM
Profit is profit. You make no money on appliances not being used, and counters empty. Until I get hammers I can't expand or upgrade, so my coins just sit there doing nothing. You bet I'm going to use it to keep my appliances going. I'm sorry this offends your gameplay. You obviously can't think beyond the immediate need, and are therefore stuck struggling.

I do not have millions of coins sitting around. I STRUGGLE. I find enough coins to buy an ingredient and its days perhaps weeks until I can buy the recipe. Am I adapting? Yes. No market for me. But as I am, since I don't have the coins to spend frivolously like you do, I wait. And wait.

So those appliances that I'm not making money on? Guess what? Here is a shocker...I don't have the ingredients for them. Yes, I can buy that one coveted item from the street market....and I'm at a break even point or perhaps loosing money on the recipe so what is the point?

You are making a total assumption that everyone is sitting around in your position with tons of funds. Perhaps your street market had more than eggs, bread and cheese on every refresh before this DRASTIC change. Lucky you.

You may play "conservatively" but I'm a penny pincher. There are no miscellaneous cute decorations for me. My funds are going toward ingredients. I have the items for expansion, but no COINS.

My counters are always bare since this change. I don't have the time to make grilled cheese 24/7. And since that is not fun, so is my time on this game.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 03:00 PM
I had about a million coins going into the update. I expanded my fruit market and expansion twelve, putting me around 600k. My 14 slot street market allowed me to amass 500k worth of counter food, of which I still have about 200k worth left. I have money because I played smart and thought of the long term, and I'm being faulted for that?

And while I see your point in buying off the street market isn't really worth the value, I'll leave you with a simple case in point. I just bought 3 mushrooms at an average price of 400 coins each. My 14 slot market allows for this to occur in a fairly short amount of time. This allowed me to make tuna casserole with ingredients I already had, combined with a simple spice that I make in abundance for a 5kish profit. This is money I would not have made if I had chosen to wait for the mushrooms to restock. Now take this example and apply it to every appliance multiple times a day, can you not see how easy to is to still make money even using the street market?

I don't use the street market as much as I did, but I can still make it work in the confines of the price gauge. I'm not buying every 600 coin lobster like I would've before, I buy what I need when I need it. And that's really what the street market was meant for anyways.

Acting like this update didn't affect me...my normal markets are ****, and I have no hammers to fix that situation right now. So I do what I can, and I'm doing just fine. And when I run out of counter food, I'll figure it out from there.

enaid03
03-23-15, 03:21 PM
Acting like this update didn't affect me...my normal markets are ****, and I have no hammers to fix that situation right now. So I do what I can, and I'm doing just fine. And when I run out of counter food, I'll figure it out from there.

Perhaps when you have no food you will understand. I have never been able to have food on the counters overnight. I've mentioned this several times and asked for suggestions.

I'm happy you have such a lucrative street market. My 11 slots before the changes saw one or two mushroom or onion per day. If you need bread, cheese, chicken or eggs, my street market is the one to visit. Before the change I couldn't even get a cucumber!!!

queentina3
03-23-15, 03:26 PM
Perhaps when you have no food you will understand. I have never been able to have food on the counters overnight. I've mentioned this several times and asked for suggestions.

I'm happy you have such a lucrative street market. My 11 slots before the changes saw one or two mushroom or onion per day. If you need bread, cheese, chicken or eggs, my street market is the one to visit. Before the change I couldn't even get a cucumber!!!

You and I are kindred spirits enaid03. I've never had counters stay full for more than a few hours, and even then there was always one I could put a recipe on. If I went 5 hours and still had food on my counter, I was shocked. My market was a big issue for me, if you've read the other thread. :p

I don't think deucedeuce22 realizes that those that were under level 40 when this change took place, didn't have millions of coins or hundreds of thousand plates on their counters. We were at best $100-$200k in coins and empty counters constantly, even with making the high serving dishes when we were able to.

Oh well, like I said I'm giving it until Wednesday and if TL hasn't smarted up, I'm done. I'm not giving them anymore of my time on this game if they can't see that out of hundreds of comments in this thread, we have one lone applauder to these changes. That lone applauder can play alone in a few months time, as everyone else will realize what we have: it isn't any fun when your game goes stagnant and is completely halted.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 03:39 PM
I guess I'm being criticized for having some game luck while the game was still working the kinks out. My street market has always been good, so good that I often ran surpluses of everything that I was scrambling to cook off. I suppose it also my fault I have a 9 slot herb garden as well. Any missed profit from using the street market gets made back because I can crank out simple spice on every dish I make.

Guess what, I still have 20 onions and 17 peppers. I'm not running out any time soon. I do miss the extra lobsters and beef though.

I can see everyone's point of view, but I can't go back and change what I've done because you aren't happy with my results. And I have no real reason to quit doing what's working for me.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 03:47 PM
You and I are kindred spirits enaid03. I've never had counters stay full for more than a few hours, and even then there was always one I could put a recipe on. If I went 5 hours and still had food on my counter, I was shocked. My market was a big issue for me, if you've read the other thread. :p

I don't think deucedeuce22 realizes that those that were under level 40 when this change took place, didn't have millions of coins or hundreds of thousand plates on their counters. We were at best $100-$200k in coins and empty counters constantly, even with making the high serving dishes when we were able to.

Oh well, like I said I'm giving it until Wednesday and if TL hasn't smarted up, I'm done. I'm not giving them anymore of my time on this game if they can't see that out of hundreds of comments in this thread, we have one lone applauder to these changes. That lone applauder can play alone in a few months time, as everyone else will realize what we have: it isn't any fun when your game goes stagnant and is completely halted.

I'm trying so hard not to argue with you, but you refuse to acknowledge the game for what it is now. Guess what? People aren't quitting. I still get plenty of invites and gifts. There are plenty of people who don't read these boards because of how toxic they become. If you're going to quit, quit. You obviously can't be constructive about your criticism, you're just complaining to complain now. And if the game dies, it dies. You're taking things way too seriously.

enaid03
03-23-15, 03:47 PM
I guess I'm being criticized for having some game luck while the game was still working the kinks out. My street market has always been good, so good that I often ran surpluses of everything that I was scrambling to cook off.

Any missed profit from using the street market gets made back because I can crank out simple spice on every dish I make.

I'm not criticizing....but it's hard to hear 'adapt' repeatedly on unequal playing fields. And other threads will show you everyone's street market has not even been close....it's either fantastic or a total bust.

I know queentina couldn't find garlic, and I delete dozens each day, but no basil, vanilla or ginger for me which makes those spices sitting idle too. Not to mention idle appliances, recipes, etc. no sushi for me.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 03:58 PM
If you are having trouble keeping food on your counters, run less tables. I've always run a small restaurant--- between 10-12 tables. This allowed me to keep food served while I cooked more. So while I'm making less money per hour, my restaurant is busy all the time so it evens out in the end. I figured this strategy out very early on, and shock of shocks it still applies with the changes.

Sometimes you just need to rethink what will work for you. If you're running a 24 table behemoth, of course your food will run out. They key is keeping food on the counters so people come in, and that was easiest for me with a small setup.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 04:04 PM
I'm not criticizing....but it's hard to hear 'adapt' repeatedly on unequal playing fields. And other threads will show you everyone's street market has not even been close....it's either fantastic or a total bust.

I know queentina couldn't find garlic, and I delete dozens each day, but no basil, vanilla or ginger for me which makes those spices sitting idle too. Not to mention idle appliances, recipes, etc. no sushi for me.

How often did you check your street market? There is some point where you need to be willing to put some time and effort into making things work. There are good restocks and bad ones for every game. I never really had to check it more then 3 or 4 times in a playing session for me to make it work. It takes all of 3 seconds to scan, I can do that anytime. I actually like that I don't need to babysit my street market anymore. I'll check it a few times while I'm cooking, and then leave it for several hours.

queentina3
03-23-15, 04:13 PM
I'm trying so hard not to argue with you, but you refuse to acknowledge the game for what it is now. Guess what? People aren't quitting. I still get plenty of invites and gifts. There are plenty of people who don't read these boards because of how toxic they become. If you're going to quit, quit. You obviously can't be constructive about your criticism, you're just complaining to complain now. And if the game dies, it dies. You're taking things way too seriously.

I do acknowledge the game for what it is now, but our view point isn't going to match and we're not going to agree because we're not coming from the same place! You're coming from a 14 slot Street Market that gave you a good supply, I'm coming from a 9 slot Street Market that only gave me a veggie/meat/seafood item rarely, and when they did I jumped for joy! You're coming from a 9 slot herb garden, I'm coming from a 6 slot that will give me nothing but vanilla one day and nothing but garlic on another, to then only get basil for 4 days in a row! I had over 30+ basil and only 9 garlic at one point, no vanilla and 1 ginger. TL calls that balanced. I don't. It isn't balanced when I have use for basil and garlic each 12 times. With that being the case then I should've had a more even supply of the two, and I don't, and I didn't.

I'm not going to continue to beat this dead horse with you. You say Poh-tah-toh and I say Po-ta-to. You're trying to compare apples to oranges when it comes to our games and that just doesn't work.

If anything, the only person that I could compare your street market, your herb garden, your coins and your counters worth of food, it would be with tiggerhobbes, as she had basically what you did. Guess what? She quit the game!

You want to play with the way things are, great, good for you. I don't. I'm giving it until Wednesday and then I will quit. Don't tell me to quit before I want to, ok? I'm giving TL the chance here, that's it. I have that right!

This thread is to discuss how these changes affected our game. They didn't affect your game, obviously. You didn't adapt, you kept on the same way you were with very little change, as you've stated multiple times. You still purchase from your Street Market, maybe not as much, but you still do so. You didn't really adapt, not like the rest of us has had to.

Yes, we're complaining. We have every right to complain. We put in a ton of supplies to open up our Street Markets and they are now WORTHLESS to us! WE won't spend our coin on over-inflated prices at 500%+. You want to, you do, GREAT! We don't! We wouldn't have spent the coin on learning recipes we now rarely have a supply of the ingredient to actually cook consistently. These are losses to us and we have every right to be upset about it and tell TL how these changes have affected us, why we're complaining, and why we want things changed to be MORE REASONABLE!

Now, I'm done. I've said all I've had to say and I'm walking away before I really blow my top! :D

mamareader02
03-23-15, 04:35 PM
Want to buy gems to expand or put that 6(!!)slot in veg,so close ,would take less than $5 of gems,but alas,street market prices have me not as eager to play,TL,can you please make the prices not so black market?im willing to pay a little more for an onion in the middle of the cycle,but seriously,does it make sense to buy from market when you're probably losing coins making that dish?you gotta admit,it's not right we had to use long awaited materials to build our markets up,and now its robbing us blind!

enaid03
03-23-15, 07:03 PM
How often did you check your street market? There is some point where you need to be willing to put some time and effort into making things work. There are good restocks and bad ones for every game. I never really had to check it more then 3 or 4 times in a playing session for me to make it work. It takes all of 3 seconds to scan, I can do that anytime. I actually like that I don't need to babysit my street market anymore. I'll check it a few times while I'm cooking, and then leave it for several hours.

Sadly, before the change, I had my game open for hours. So I saw every refresh. I enjoyed this game. A much needed distraction from my real world.

My market was and still is pathetic. I would force close, visit other games, nothing helped to change the contents. I complained about cucumbers once upon a time...and right before the change if I saw it I would buy any right up.

Just checked it for kicks - five bread, two carrots and chicken, lettuce, cheese and a mayo. Pretty indicative of what I have seen all along, only now at prices that if I get, I still can't do anything with one mayo or the high pricing.

The whole onion thing with the tomato sauce during the first change I knew was going to be an adjustment since I only see them every eight hours. But the street market? And the ginger in sushi? I can barely play now. But, I do have dozens of garlic!

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 08:01 PM
I dropped tables, I make less street market checks, I changed what recipes I do and how often....I'd say I changed a lot of things. I use ingredients as I get them instead of stockpiling. My normal markets aren't worth anything, so I am playing a different way. I feel like I'm being blamed for playing the game smartly, and being able to anticipate when the fortunes would change. If your street market was really as bad as you say, then what's the issue? You weren't using it anyways. If you aren't able to keep food on the counters, drop tables until you catch up. So it takes you a few days longer to accomplish something....what's the rush? The game needs time to get more updates out, give it the time.

And if there was more to this game, I'm certain I could start over on a new device with similar, albeit slower, results. Quit Wednesday, quit whenever...but your mind is already made up. It's not worth arguing over.

deucedeuce22
03-23-15, 08:31 PM
I spent far more supplies on my street market then you did, and rolled the random dice. I won, for a long time. I won for so long that whatever happens now was counter balanced by what I did early on. You're acting like I had some magic game that produced whatever I wanted, when I wanted it. I gemmed smartly, I unlocked ingredients and recipes when I felt it was important, not when the game told me. I bought less tables, slowing down my income while I cranked out enough food to last dry spells. I still haven't bought the second deli or salad maker, I just can't produce enough ingredients to make it work without upgrading.

I did nothing impressive at all, anyone could've played this way. People chose their own direction, and so now it's my fault that their game doesn't work the same way.

tiggerhobbes
03-24-15, 07:58 AM
Eh? As someone who already bought all the coins appliances including the second ones at inflated price well before they nerfed the game, plus 20 slots street market, 9 plots garden before I quit, probably 10 by now if I didn't, and upgraded most of my markets to level 5 and have enough coins to upgrade some to level 6 if I were still playing, I want to point out that the dissatisfaction is with how they repeatedly moved the goal post, how they failed to address customers, and how frustrating it is to play a game in which they keep taking away things that you thought you could rely on. That's just bad game design, bad customer relationship, bad habit to get into, and completely destroy trust.

I didn't sign up for these kind of frustrations, thanks. I'm sure I can somehow make it work ... For now ... If I were still playing. But why stick around for more predictable frustration and bad treatment?

What's really toxic is the way they do things and the way they treat customers. Go on, invalidate other users frustrations, belittle people after they have been mistreated. It doesn't make you a better player, or a happier man, or more adaptable than others, because if you were to go by game play efficiency or speed of advancing, then forgive me for pointing out you really aren't that exceptional. You are just being deliberately obtuse and offensive.

Guess what, I got maximum enjoyment back when it was fun, I don't have to deal with it anymore now that they've made it too much efforts, too little trust, too little gains, for minimum enjoyment. That's what I call adaptation.

Jennerwein1
03-24-15, 08:43 AM
I have adapted,too. I play this game very casually now. I used to check in first thing in the morning (4:30), now I just opened it at 11:15 for the first time. Whatever I get I get, I use the ingredients available. So it will take longer, it is only a game after all. I have not bought the second sandwich or deli station. Not enough ingredients available. I, too gem smartly, i.e. not at all. So I only have 4 stalls, my stores are at level 3 and I can only store 100 items. Inching my way through level 40. ( should be "millimetering" is so slow). So what, I don't take this game seriously, and maybe they will improve it, or they won't. Why get upset over things that I have no control over? I challenge myself to see how far I can get without spending real $$. No matter how much they muck this game up. But I can see the dissatisfaction ( euphemism here) of players who have spend a fair amount of money. I empathize with them. We all have to do what works for us individually.

travelingcircus
03-24-15, 08:46 AM
I keep coming back here because I am very optimistic that I will see that they listened to the feedback like they claim they do and actually made some changes. Alas, I see not only did they not, but there is someone who claims they enjoy it. That person is in the minority and I choose not to respond or engage with that person because that will not resolve anything.

I believe the staff knows full well what is going on and they can choose to make changes, just like they did before that will make this game more enjoyable. That is why I keep coming here to see if they make a statement or someone posted about the new exciting positive changes.

I am going to be honest, this game is more like a chore now. I do not visit all my neighbors everyday like I used to. I am sure my social status is probably close to one now. The gifting program is no longer enjoyable to me either. I probably open the game only a few times a day and peek at the street market and cross my fingers that the prices are more reasonable, it never is.... I haven't bought anything from my expanded street market since the change and never intend to. I am losing interest more every day, have significantly decreased my playtime, and will probably stop playing if it continues like this. I have found other games to fill my time with. I only wish this could have been one of them.

nmishii
03-24-15, 03:35 PM
Now, a week later, I am also a little happy with the latest changes. Before the last set of changes I told myself I needed to cut down on my playing time, but I just couldn't as I was totally addicted. When the changes came out, I adapted. I now play less and don't feel I need to be using most of my appliances and restocking my shops when available. I no longer have to cook the same foods all day because I don't have counter space for new foods. I have not run out of food, but that's probably because of the backlog I had. And I have had 20 tables since the day I was able to buy that many, and no one has left unfed, so the overstock is not because of less tables than customers. I no longer have to frequently check my street market constantly or see what Cid or Lily brought me.

I mostly used the foods in my shops and never relied on my street market, except for the occasional rare onion, mushroom, strawberry, etc that gave me a thrill to see. I now have a worthless 14 slot black market and am not happy about that.

My goal was to unlock all recipes and master Level 1, which was the only level at the time. I am not happy that they changed the mastery levels and did so quickly, as I missed out on over 60 mastery spices, I had to cook more than the new reduced counts, and I didn't get credit for the extra recipes cooked. I unlocked Triple Decker Sandwich yesterday, so I have unlocked all recipes. I still have 8 recipes to master and not sure if I can play long enough to do that. I need 188 strawberries, 254 onions, and 210 mayo to be able to finish level 1 mastery, assuming they don't change the mastery counts or those recipes in the next month.

queentina3
03-24-15, 04:27 PM
I love your posts nmishii. You can always put the most positive spin on something that is almost completely negative for TL as a company. You're playing less, is that what their ultimate goal was? Doubtful.

Anyways......I know you, tiggerhobbes, and a few other players have mentioned in passing the mastery spice you've missed out on, but I don't think you've missed as many as you guys think as I don't believe TL even has the kinks worked out with that just yet. I've mastered things to the first level and I got the "You mastered" pop-up, but it didn't always give me the Spice. Certain dishes have, others haven't. So.....I think that's still broken and doubtful they'll fix it, they don't seem to care about what we think, at all. It's just like it was broken that they lowered the mastery level and didn't roll over the excess to the next level. That is easily done, easily fixed too, and they could've done it, just didn't care and didn't want to. They lose nothing, but we do, but we don't matter.

This game is broken, IMO, if they have to continually make changes to it and the amount of bugs we, the customers, keep finding for them when they should've known about them before the updates. They don't, cause we're there testers. *shrugs*

bobbyrae
03-24-15, 08:16 PM
I think for players who made millions before the changes were implemented it is easier to "adapt" to the changes. You can afford to buy whatever you need to put food on your counters and make more money. You had the opportunity to stockpile gems from CID gem drops. CID came by more frequently as well with parts so you were able to expand shops faster and repair new shops faster. In other words, it was an easier game to play for free.

I never experienced that aspect of game play. I came in a couple of days before the change took effect. I can assure you that the game is now designed with one purpose in mind: get players to see that in order to get ahead in the game they need to buy gems. Which is great for TL. It isn't so great for those of us who play without paying. The thing is this. TL has never really cared about players who fall within my category of playing without paying. They're in this for money, not for entertaining me at their expense.
That said, adapting for a new player who chooses to play without paying is not really an option unless by adapting you mean waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting and waiting for parts, for coins, for ingredients for everything. Buying from the market is not possible if one needs money to learn recipes and to cook to put food on counters. Buying new appliances at the very high prices is hard because even though the profit margin on those dishes may be better, we can't unlock the ingredients to make anything because we don't have enough coins or pantry space to store the ingredients
...because you know, we can't cook enough to earn enough and because we don't get as many CID drops as before.

So as it stands this is not a game i will get addicted to as game play is very slow and frustrating.

kooky panda
03-25-15, 08:52 AM
Guys, lets please keep your posts to the changes. Please just agree to disagree and stop with personal attacking and name calling.
These types of personal discussions back and forth are non-constructive and make a lot of members uncomfortable and prevent them from posting on the topic of the recent changes.

Future posts like these will be removed.

Thanks!

fenrost
03-26-15, 11:01 AM
i am adapting on the changes, which has made me logging in lesser and lesser, to the point of can't be bothered by the game... : \

mamareader02
03-26-15, 01:16 PM
I'm logging in A LOT less,instead of just a few things ready,I'm coming back to mostly all appliances done,was this your goal TL,to make us play less?im no business whiz,but isn't that the opposite of what you want players to do?

enaid03
03-26-15, 07:08 PM
I'm logging in A LOT less,instead of just a few things ready,I'm coming back to mostly all appliances done,was this your goal TL,to make us play less?im no business whiz,but isn't that the opposite of what you want players to do?

Absolutely. I'm doing the same thing. Played all the time, and really enjoyed the game. Would have bought gems during the first sale like I have done in the past.

Sadly, I'm logging in to gift neighbors. Need celery and that won't be ready until tomorrow. I no longer have an urgency to play.

orleansparish
03-26-15, 09:19 PM
Im also checking in less and less. i make the main items I can and have found myself not even checking my diner stoves or sushi maker that often. My valentine oven is in storage. I always need celery since I love making the mandarin chicken. 500 in the stand. I laughed, rolled my eyes and left the game.

killmypatience
03-27-15, 10:19 AM
Bonjour, y a-t-il des fran?ais par ici, ou suis-je la seule? ;)

Je trouve aussi que les prix sont devenus trop chers au supermarket, surtout les legumes...

PernReloaded
03-28-15, 12:46 AM
Bonjour, y a-t-il des fran?ais par ici, ou suis-je la seule? ;)

Je trouve aussi que les prix sont devenus trop chers au supermarket, surtout les legumes...
Je parle un peu francais. Pas assez. Ce que je peux traduire, parce que je sais l'espagnol et le latin. Beaucoup d'entre nous pensent que ce est trop cher sur le marche. La plupart ne paient pas ces prix. Je ai arrete de jouer cause de cela.

killmypatience
03-28-15, 09:51 AM
Merci beaucoup pour ta r?ponse PernReload :) Oui c'est trop cher sur le march?, surtout quand on veut ?conomiser de l'argent pour acheter des appareils, mais qu'on perd cet argent avec l'achat de produits trop chers (comme les poissons ou l?gumes).
J'en suis au niveau 43 donc je n'ai pas envie d'abandonner, mais ce serait bien si on nous baissait les prix...

Simdiva
03-28-15, 01:07 PM
I can sympathize i started St about the same time znd was about to but the deli which nearly doubled in price as well

Jennerwein1
03-28-15, 04:29 PM
Only checked in once today, 5 minutes ago. No Cid. Everything too expensive. Loosing interest. Oh,well. Only bought the newbie pack, so not much money lost. (Would have bought gems, if the game were more playable) Maybe I need to take a break, until S8 come to their senses. Not holding my breath, though.

PernReloaded
03-29-15, 12:53 AM
Merci beaucoup pour ta r?ponse PernReload :) Oui c'est trop cher sur le march?, surtout quand on veut ?conomiser de l'argent pour acheter des appareils, mais qu'on perd cet argent avec l'achat de produits trop chers (comme les poissons ou l?gumes).
J'en suis au niveau 43 donc je n'ai pas envie d'abandonner, mais ce serait bien si on nous baissait les prix...

De rien! Je ?tais le niveau 15. Il ?tait impossible d'acheter quoi que ce soit. Il m'a rendu triste. Je aime la cuisine et de la restauration des jeux. Ce ?tait trop cher pour obtenir des po?les ou des recettes pour cette game.Many des joueurs ici aussi penser qu'il est trop cher maintenant. Beaucoup ne jouent pas plus. Ou ils jouent moins. Vous n'?tes pas le seul.

Jennerwein1
03-29-15, 03:58 AM
De rien! Je ?tais le niveau 15. Il ?tait impossible d'acheter quoi que ce soit. Il m'a rendu triste. Je aime la cuisine et de la restauration des jeux. Ce ?tait trop cher pour obtenir des po?les ou des recettes pour cette game.Many des joueurs ici aussi penser qu'il est trop cher maintenant. Beaucoup ne jouent pas plus. Ou ils jouent moins. Vous n'?tes pas le seul.
C'est vrais pour moi aussi. :(:mad:

clarity625
03-29-15, 02:27 PM
I'm trying to figure out how to play this game now. I was just starting to make good money when the change came. I bought second deli station and fixed up fruit stand.
Now I'm at level 44 and have a buy a Drink Station (320000 coins) and Chateau Oven ((390000 coins) on a to-do list, 6 recipes to learn (supreme pizza - 18000, Veggie Juice - 79000, Ginger Tea 79000, Orange Juice 79000, Vanilla Milkshake 162000, Creme Brulee 97000). I would also like to upgrade my level 3 seafood shop (220000) as my general store, butcher and veggie market are level 4.

Looks like I really need to get that drink station first, but 320000 is a lot of money for me now. Maybe I should learn supreme pizza first... There is always something else to buy. To save 320000 I have to make sure I don't buy anything else for several days.
Grr...

Maybe I'll upgrade my pantry again instead. It does not take any money.

When I come into the game usually all the cooking dishes are done and counters are empty. It is difficult to work up enough food to last a while when you run out of supplies. So you switch to things that regenerate quickly, but don't make you much coin.

I still working on mastering BLT (need 13) and Cucumber Sandwich (need 73 more).
I use up rare supplies first. I try to make Lobster Termidore, Lobster Bisque, Osso Buco, Baked Salmon, Tuna Casserole.
But what I mostly wind up making is Veggie Sushi, Margherita Pizza, Pizza Bread, Chicken soup, Cheesecake, Tomato soup.
I keep feeling like I am somehow missing the boat.

nancydrew88
04-02-15, 09:35 PM
All street market items are priced at 6x the stores' prices...what's the point?

fatbearsecondary
04-03-15, 07:05 AM
I'm trying to figure out how to play this game now. I was just starting to make good money when the change came. I bought second deli station and fixed up fruit stand.
[........]
When I come into the game usually all the cooking dishes are done and counters are empty. It is difficult to work up enough food to last a while when you run out of supplies. So you switch to things that regenerate quickly, but don't make you much coin.

I still working on mastering BLT (need 13) and Cucumber Sandwich (need 73 more).
I use up rare supplies first. I try to make Lobster Termidore, Lobster Bisque, Osso Buco, Baked Salmon, Tuna Casserole.
But what I mostly wind up making is Veggie Sushi, Margherita Pizza, Pizza Bread, Chicken soup, Cheesecake, Tomato soup.
I keep feeling like I am somehow missing the boat.

You're not missing the boat, at least not so far as I can tell. I'm at a similar lvl/position, making similar kinds of choices. The problem for TL is that we were all leveling too fast and they didn't/don't have content available. No new shops to open, no leveling beyond level 49, there's nothing there. So all the new changes (higher part requirements, no more street market, etc) are meant to slow us down, because they don't have more new content available once we've maxed out what they do have. It helps me, and it might help you, to think of it this way. That way, you at least know *why* everything is moving slower, instead of feeling like you're doing something wrong.

As for what new stuff to learn and what recipes to cook, I try to concentrate on a few good recipes (lobster bisque, ginger tea, and Creme brulee have been my go-tos lately, with the occasional tuna casserole) and settle for shorter, cheaper recipes on everything else. It's not as satisfying, but you can't really have good recipes on every appliance anymore, and counters are limited. I also limit myself to only learning recipes as I'm going to use them. That means no supreme pizza, skipping lots of stuff on the drink machine, etc. If I'm not going to be adding a recipe into my regular cooking rotation, I don't think it's worth it to learn, right now. There will be time later, after I finally hit lvl 49 and expansion 14, to go back and learn the "extra" recipes.

sashahoney
04-03-15, 10:24 AM
You're not missing the boat, at least not so far as I can tell. I'm at a similar lvl/position, making similar kinds of choices. The problem for TL is that we were all leveling too fast and they didn't/don't have content available. No new shops to open, no leveling beyond level 49, there's nothing there. So all the new changes (higher part requirements, no more street market, etc) are meant to slow us down, because they don't have more new content available once we've maxed out what they do have. It helps me, and it might help you, to think of it this way. That way, you at least know *why* everything is moving slower, instead of feeling like you're doing something wrong.

As for what new stuff to learn and what recipes to cook, I try to concentrate on a few good recipes (lobster bisque, ginger tea, and Creme brulee have been my go-tos lately, with the occasional tuna casserole) and settle for shorter, cheaper recipes on everything else. It's not as satisfying, but you can't really have good recipes on every appliance anymore, and counters are limited. I also limit myself to only learning recipes as I'm going to use them. That means no supreme pizza, skipping lots of stuff on the drink machine, etc. If I'm not going to be adding a recipe into my regular cooking rotation, I don't think it's worth it to learn, right now. There will be time later, after I finally hit lvl 49 and expansion 14, to go back and learn the "extra" recipes.

This is possibly the best reasoning that I've heard so far as to why TL made all of the utterly outrageous changes that they did.
I'm one of the lucky ones, I had already bought double on all of my appliances, had learned most of the best money making recipes, and had a diner at size 14 before the change. That doesn't stop me from feeling any less sympathetic towards the lower levels who are now struggling to build their little empires up. I'm also super frustrated at the rip off prices in the street market. :mad:
I'm actually quite glad of the changes now because I don't play nearly as much, I won't ever buy gems again, out of principle (I'd only bought a small amount to skip the triple sandwich grinding. I had already grinded my way through the Fran's Family Recipe, the St Patty, and had got the masters needed for the Breakfast recipe, so I couldn't face the pathetic amount of work needed to get the triple sandwich, besides, I had really enjoyed the game up until then and was happy to support it by spending a few quid.)

This game needs a serious amount of work to get it enjoyable again. I also think that TL could have gone another way about things so that people were not reaching end game status so quickly. I think it's disgusting that they tampered with recipes that we had ALREADY purchased as many of them became unusable because so many other recipes required the same ingredient. We paid for those recipes far and square with our hard earned cash so they basically had no right to change them!

If TL really cared about us loyal players they would have given us a lil' Easter bonus maybe a lil' bunny NPC who gifted us parts, gems and Easter eggs (Maybe it's not too late?) but aside from all of the changes, the thing that I feel most let down about is that so far there hasn't been any kind of communications explain the changes, apologizing for the shoddy treatment that we've received or any updates about the future of the game.

*Dismounts from her soap box with a graceful back-flip and smiles* Well I wish everyone the best with their gaming and hope that you all find new ways to cope with the changes. Life's too short to get mad about the little things in life ;)

DeliFoodCourt
04-09-15, 04:17 PM
If I purchase 20 cucumber, I only get one. I have restarted the app and my phone, no change. This is so annoying. :(

queentina3
04-09-15, 05:49 PM
If I purchase 20 cucumber, I only get one. I have restarted the app and my phone, no change. This is so annoying. :(

20 is the price for one cucumber. Quantity in the Street Market is one per slot, in your side market will depend on how upgraded you've made it.