PDA

View Full Version : Expansion needed for Coq au Vin, Baked Onion Soup, etc?

blueshifted
03-14-15, 02:56 PM
I'm currently level 46 but only am on Expansion 9. Could anyone tell me what expansion is needed to unlock the Coq au Vin and Baked Onion Soup recipes on my Chateau Oven? I can't keep making the Creme Brulee and Gingersnaps because they're eating up all my sugar. Thanks!

PraxisOfGood
03-14-15, 05:49 PM
I believe they are all unlocked at expansion 13. They should make that a little clearer,especially after making the cr?me br?l?e so much harder to make. I'm not even going to stick a chateau oven in my restaurant until I can dependably make recipes with it.

tiggerhobbes
03-15-15, 12:30 AM
That is correct, they won't unlock till exp 13.

Frankly they need to offer refund to people who purchased chateau oven before this update. I have expansion 13 and I still find it utterly useless. Who wants to waste onions and mushrooms on a 2 coins recipe.

enaid03
03-15-15, 01:03 PM
I'm at the same point you are. Those are my only two recipes.

I need the coins for the 13th expansion, have parts and already did the 12th. But I took a look at the recipes and the coins I would gain. And at this point, since onions and mushrooms are so rare in my world, I just decided to upgrade a bunch of the markets instead.

Definitely a new way of thinking for me. When something is available, I want to have it.

Its not worth it to me now, maybe down the road. I still have milk, strawberries that I haven't unlocked because I'm not getting the ingredients/refresh time is too great. Most of this became available to me when the recipes changed.

blueshifted
03-16-15, 03:32 PM
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Yeah, it's definitely frustrating - requiring a Level 13 expansion seems a liiiittle much, and with everything else requiring sugar, vanilla and ginger now the oven has gone completely out of use for me. :(

Aud2007
03-17-15, 05:23 PM
I just finished the 14th expansion, and the recipes are still locked by expansion. Maybe lucky #15?

rosewaterlily
03-17-15, 05:45 PM
I just finished the 14th expansion, and the recipes are still locked by expansion. Maybe lucky #15?

Wow, maybe that's another thing they changed. My next expansion is 15 and all my recipes are unlocked.

mamareader02
03-17-15, 05:46 PM

That must be another delightful change-the recipes opened up for me as soon as expansion 13 was done

Aud2007
03-17-15, 06:30 PM
Now it says 14 is next, but earlier it said 15 when I clicked on the expansion. This is very odd, I'm wondering if there is a glitch in my game...

babydollfire
03-17-15, 06:53 PM
Huh? I thought 13 unlocked it? They changed that too... Ugh! I'm making Greek salad now... ( takes glass of Merlot that sits next to it....) sadly, I'm literally making Greek salad in the game now. Happy St. Patricks Day, though! It's a weekday but you can yeah... Celebrate, don't be stressed. (Hands everyone a glass.... Of what's served with Greek salad or any drink of choice! Maybe they'll be a shortage of said drinks in northern Cali? Although my best friend is in San Francisco... So minus her and all the sweeeeet people... To the sweet people, honest, integrity, right, cheers to you!)

Aud2007
03-21-15, 06:14 AM
Haha, thanks for the holiday wishes! I just wanted to update and let everyone know that the 14th expansion unlocked everything for me.

cuted1011
06-07-15, 12:38 PM
That must be another delightful change-the recipes opened up for me as soon as expansion 13 was done

I'm level 49. Just did expansion #13 and theses recipes are still locked for me. Ill try to remember to post when they do finally unlock.

jessicamle
06-08-15, 12:41 AM
I just unlocked it at exp #14

calilive213
06-08-15, 05:52 AM
Wow, maybe that's another thing they changed. My next expansion is 15 and all my recipes are unlocked.
Same for me.

That is correct, they won't unlock till exp 13.

Frankly they need to offer refund to people who purchased chateau oven before this update. I have expansion 13 and I still find it utterly useless. Who wants to waste onions and mushrooms on a 2 coins recipe.
Really?? It has the most servings of any recipe so I always use the 2 coin spice on it, thinking its a good recipe!

mermaidzen
06-10-15, 01:22 AM
Thanks for this information my stove unlocked a few days ago. I am only at expansion 10 so think I will wait till am at 14 to buy the stove as don't see it worth it for the money it costs if can't cook that much on it.

xenu8
06-11-15, 04:02 AM
Does anyone know when the tea shop unlocks?

cristin30
06-14-15, 09:43 PM
I'm level 49. Just did expansion #13 and theses recipes are still locked for me. Ill try to remember to post when they do finally unlock.

I am level 49 and working toward expansion 14 and my recipes are not unlocked yet either.

csmwa
06-18-15, 02:03 AM
I'm level 49 and I just did 14th expansion and my recipes are all unlocked :)

cuted1011
06-20-15, 10:10 AM

I am Level 49 and just finished Expansion 15 and now all my recipes are unlocked. Coq Au Vin, Ratatouille, Baked Onion Soup...

I think TL should modify the expansions to include a 5 ingredient pantry upgrade since it costs so many parts and coins for each expansion.

cuted1011
06-20-15, 10:12 AM
I had to wait for #15 but what I don't get is that some recent posts say theirs unlocked at #14. Did these posters just unlock their #14 recently or is it that they expanded awhile back and TL changed it since then? I don't understand why since I've been Level 49 for a good amount of time so besides expansions I'm at highest level I can be. Just curious it seems they keep changing the rules.

jessicamle
06-23-15, 11:00 AM
I had to wait for #15 but what I don't get is that some recent posts say theirs unlocked at #14. Did these posters just unlock their #14 recently or is it that they expanded awhile back and TL changed it since then? I don't understand why since I've been Level 49 for a good amount of time so besides expansions I'm at highest level I can be. Just curious it seems they keep changing the rules.

It used to be expansion 14, then they changed to 15 with the most recent update for last cruise event. I was so lucky that I got expension 14 right before I installed the update

judyvines
07-03-15, 08:07 PM
It used to be expansion 14, then they changed to 15 with the most recent update for last cruise event. I was so lucky that I got expension 14 right before I installed the update

It looks like they have changed it back to unlock at expansion 14. That is where I am, and all of my recipes have unlocked. They were still locked when I expanded about 5 days ago, but I just checked and now they are available to learn.