PDA

View Full Version : Game Crashing

WolfStarBistro
03-13-15, 11:33 PM
I am having major issues with this game. I had problems with Dragon Story, but that got fixed...this problem is very frustrating because I can't even play the game.

It worked great until one of the updates that was done last year (don't ask me when, I've wracked my brain and can't recall the date, but I believe it was mid to late summer 2014, if not earlier) Every time I go into the game and get to the screen that shows the gems neighbors have sent, it usually crashes before I can accept gems. If, for some odd reason I can get past that point, it will crash at the news feed page when I try to close it. Once in a great while I can get past that point, and it plays great...until I mine enough to expand, then it usually crashes when I try to close the mine or hit the expand button. I've lost a lot of bombs that way, as it resets back to where I didn't earn anything from mining but the bombs are still gone anyway.

I can't ever visit neighbors either, it crashes when I try to do that too.

I am on an iPod Touch, 4th gen and my iOs is 6.1.6. I always close the games after I play them, and never leave them running. I have uninstalled/re-downloaded the game about 3 times now, today being the most recent re-install and have powered down my iPod many times just to try and play the game...which works sometimes but not consistently. I am truly hoping that I am not the only one with this issue, as this is one of my favorite games...at least it used to be. I really don't want to delete it, but am at my wits end.

Please, is there anything that can be done to help me with this issue?

chloeo88
03-16-15, 02:03 AM
I'm having the same problem. For the last 24 hours the game instantly crashes on the news feed screen. Very frustrating when there's a world event on too! Literally impossible to play. I also play Castle Story and that works fine.

[S8] Regina
03-17-15, 11:24 AM
I am having major issues with this game. I had problems with Dragon Story, but that got fixed...this problem is very frustrating because I can't even play the game.

It worked great until one of the updates that was done last year (don't ask me when, I've wracked my brain and can't recall the date, but I believe it was mid to late summer 2014, if not earlier) Every time I go into the game and get to the screen that shows the gems neighbors have sent, it usually crashes before I can accept gems. If, for some odd reason I can get past that point, it will crash at the news feed page when I try to close it. Once in a great while I can get past that point, and it plays great...until I mine enough to expand, then it usually crashes when I try to close the mine or hit the expand button. I've lost a lot of bombs that way, as it resets back to where I didn't earn anything from mining but the bombs are still gone anyway.

I can't ever visit neighbors either, it crashes when I try to do that too.

I am on an iPod Touch, 4th gen and my iOs is 6.1.6. I always close the games after I play them, and never leave them running. I have uninstalled/re-downloaded the game about 3 times now, today being the most recent re-install and have powered down my iPod many times just to try and play the game...which works sometimes but not consistently. I am truly hoping that I am not the only one with this issue, as this is one of my favorite games...at least it used to be. I really don't want to delete it, but am at my wits end.

Please, is there anything that can be done to help me with this issue?

I'm having the same problem. For the last 24 hours the game instantly crashes on the news feed screen. Very frustrating when there's a world event on too! Literally impossible to play. I also play Castle Story and that works fine.

We're going to take a look, and we forwarded the information over to the Team for investigation! Thank you for your patience :)

chloeo88
03-22-15, 02:35 AM
Thank you so much, the problem has been fixed. However I missed six days worth of collecting the shamrock coins, is there any way of rectifying this?

everlark20
03-22-15, 04:50 PM
Hello, I have been having the same problem as well, for a few months now. Usually, after several times of trying, I am able to get into the game, but for three days now I haven't been able to get into it at all, not from lack of trying I can assure you. If any assistance with this problem can be provided I would greatly appreciate it, thanks! :)

kestrelcatcher
03-23-15, 04:11 PM
I am having this exact same issue. My game crashes 95% of the time I open it, within a minute.

I am using a first generation iPad, with 24.5 GB Available. iOS 5.1.1, up to date.

I open the game and it shuts right down, sometimes within 2-3 seconds, sometimes after a full minute. Usually it lags before it shuts down, after the full minute. I am trying to open the game, and not touch it at all for several minutes to be sure it can fully load everything, but it quite frequently closes down after just a few seconds. This has recently gotten bad, as it happens just about every time I try to open my game.

I have un-installed the game, restarted my ipad, re-installed the game and tried it, and this is not correcting the problem. I have tried a few times, and only once has it seemed to help and it was a very temporary fix. Right now, I cannot seem to get it to stay on for any reason...

UPDATE: If I delete the game, fully remove it from my iPad, and then I reinstall it, it works 1 time. I have to delete and reinstall it every single time I want to play. If I close it, or it crashes later, it will not play again. I've even deleted animals I've bred to see if I had too many or... something, and it has not helped at all.

sparklegirly
03-24-15, 09:58 PM
The game crashes so often it is almost unplayable. Sometimes I try over and over to play, and it crashes every time the messages screen loads, that I am forced to give up. I never get the daily bonuses or messages because it crashes as soon as it tries to load my game. Restarting device does not fix crashing.
Also I always get a message that I can 'only send 3 gifts today' as I click on the third person I want to send a gem to. These issues didn't happen ever until the exact day the Matripony goal started. I have been playing since August and had not experienced these issues until the day that goal started.

Update: I have reinstalled 4 times, each time has same results. I am able to get past the news screen upon initial opening of the game. After some time of playing the game crashes and I am not able to get past the news screen again. I haven't played other than 4 times in the past 3 days. I also play on an iPod touch 4.

55lee55
03-27-15, 02:42 AM

Same here and it has become much worse with the addition of the Diamond Quest goal. The game comes up, then the brrinnng noise indicating that I have finished the latest Diamond Quest goal then the screen goes balck and I am out of the game entirely.

I can't get into the game to play the Tournament. Would deleting the Diamond Quest game help? It is also a quest in Castle Story and since I downloaded it my iPad Mini has become very sluggish. I would like to play the games I like and don't care as much about the gem rewards especially if I can't play the game. Would it be better to opt out of these gems for new games things? They usually seem to cause more troule than the reward for them makes worthwhile.

Please do something as I can't get back into my game to play the Tournament, farm, or collect coins for the Event. Must Storm8 do these new game quests during an event ot Tournament, or any timed quest? Between this and the games being offline much of the day yesterday (My non Storm8 games and Internet worked fine so the problem wasn't on my end. I restart every time I get a no Internet Connection Error, and it only works about a third of a time despite restarting often.) and now the game crashing before I can get into it, I am tempted to remove this game from my iPad. I would, but I have a good number of gems banked, so please fix this so I can play the game.

Thanks for working on this. It isn't fixed yet.

keller63
03-27-15, 07:54 PM
These are the exact same issues I get and I do the same as you, closing the game down what not. Today I've reinstalled the game FIVE times just to reset the 'memory' or whatever in order to get the game to actually load. It's almost as if too much is happening in the game when it tries to load up or sync that it crAshes. To try and save effort ATM I've been locking the screen out with the top button whilst still in game(considering the tournament is on) so when I enter the pass code most the time the game opens up where I left it. If I were to close the game down I wouldn't be able to load it again. I have lost soooo many attempts at this tournament because I plain can't open the game.

It's so infuriating as I'm in the eu and get less attempts anyway at the tournaments but going to sleep now which will mean my paused space in the game is about to be wiped clean and i will have the painful task of trying to reopen the game in the morning :(

Eta: oh look as predicted, reinstall the game in order to get it working, it still crashes afterwards and now I cant open the game again..... Guess ill have to do a second reinstall. Oh and it did this in the space of 20-30 minutes.... How am I suppose to do a tournament like this???

kestrelcatcher
03-28-15, 01:09 PM
The only thing working for me is to uninstall and re-install the game literally every time I want to play. Then it lets me play for a while as long as I cam careful and don't touch it much... if it crashes, or if I close it, I have to in-install it and re-install it to get it to play again. It's at the point where any time I close the game, I go ahead and un-install it, and re-install it... there is no way I am winning this tournament. Even if I purchase gems, it won't work...

It also has shut down and refused to let me buy gems, so that won't work anyway!

I worried it was because I was using a first gen iPad, but seeing how many others are having this issue... ugh! I wish they would at least update us on if they're working on fixing this, or need more information from us, or what...

sparklegirly
04-03-15, 02:51 AM
This problem is still happening. The screen goes black around 3 seconds after loading messages. This should be a simple game yet it isn't fuctioning on a basic level. Does anyone have any insight as to why this started happening recently?

WolfStarBistro
04-12-15, 08:39 PM
yeah I'm still having the issue. my neighbors all think I'm a deadbeat, cause I can't gift back gems!!! I'm even trying to install it on my Android, to see it that works, but I guess we can't play the game on Android...I have a 4th gen iPod, of course the OS is no longer updated by Apple, but my Dragon Story works almost flawlessly. I'm still waiting for a fix, as they did on Dragon Story when I had the same issues.

You're not alone...I feel you pain!!

WolfStarBistro
04-12-15, 08:51 PM
The problem is not fixed for me at all...not sure what is going on. I know I had this same issue in Dragon Story a couple of years (or more maybe) ago, and it was resolved eventually. But Fantasy story keeps crashing.

Can we play this game on an Android? I can't seem to find the game anywhere for Android, and I was thinking that maybe I could at least play it on my phone. All my neighbors think I'm a deadbeat, because I can't gift back gems or visit them except once in a blue moon when all the stars are alighned just so...and I've uninstalled the game and re-installed it!! :-(

everlark20
04-14-15, 01:09 PM
This problem is still happening to me as well, and I have not been able to get onto my game for very close to a month now. This is very disappointing, as I am missing discount opportunities and the various Battle Arena challenges that have arisen. I have not been able to accept gems, nor return them either, much to my frustration. Please do something about this problem asap, this is one of my very favorite games and I honestly do not wish to uninstall it :(

Hawksmoor
04-15-15, 09:28 AM
For all those having problems with the game crashing...I too could not stay in the game without it constantly kicking me out. It happened to me especially in the mine and I lost so many bombs and runes because of it. I force-closed the app, closed all running background apps, uninstalled, reinstalled, and it still happened. I knew it wasn't my internet connection because I went to my friends house and they have a different internet provider than me and it was still happening. I was about ready to give up. Then, I saw that there was an iOS update for my device (8.3 I believe) so I installed it. And lo and behold, after the update was installed the game stopped crashing on me! So if anyone hasn't installed the latest iOS update, give it a try (for those whose devices allow it). I can't say that it will work for all, but it worked for me. Good luck.

sparklegirly
05-02-15, 07:07 PM
All we can do is hope for an iOS 6 update, although I don't think that will happen. The only other option besides not playing anymore is upgrading to a newer iOS device. As I won't be able to upgrade to a new device for some time yet.

rrblabs
05-15-15, 06:44 AM
I am also having all the issues as described by everyone above. The latest iOS update though, seems to have made it much worse.

Reboot, uninstall-reinstall, repeat.

wendy2859
05-18-15, 01:18 AM
I too am having the same problem with this game. I have been playing for quite some time but over the last couple of days the game has bee closing within seconds. As soon as the gem page comes up is shuts down. The only way I can play is to reinstall every time. Can someone help as I have done all the shutting down and it makes no difference

melee70
08-02-15, 09:32 AM
I am have the same problem too with my 4th generation iPod. I like play the game on my iPod then my tablet because I get better rewards that are not offer to my non apple product. What did they say that help you out with this problem.

jim23cash
08-02-15, 10:52 AM
I am having same problem. I have to restart many times to get in. Finally could not get in. Uninstalled and reinstalled. Worked once. Now it is crashing again. Feel really behind in collecting for event. May be the first time I don't finish one. That makes me very unhappy. :(
Annie

xkaylyx
08-29-15, 03:53 AM
the following is my exchange with support on this issue:

[removed support email (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?15033-Do-not-post-Support-emails-or-private-communications-in-the-forum)]

sweetdeda
08-29-15, 04:33 AM
Haha that's the same response I received, wish I would have kept the email. Funny because all it did was make me mad as I never even told them what device I was using.

tuffyjkitten
08-29-15, 11:13 PM
Wow that is ridiculous. I didnt even bother to send something to support as they obviously don't care.

My FFS game at 717MG is unable to open AT ALL now while my DS and CS that are 1.7 GB and 1.3GB respectively are running just fine...it's NOT my device and it is your fault!!! None of this was happening until the Animal Story update came along.

Crudfish
09-01-15, 10:13 AM
Cant get in...still crashing.

kooky panda
09-01-15, 10:30 AM
Sometime I will have issues with just one game.
This works for me:

Go to settings- safari- clear out Data, then restart your device.

sweetypies97
09-11-15, 10:41 PM
Mine is crashing too. It takes my bombs and runes!

ty0r1
09-12-15, 11:18 AM
The game crashes so often it is almost unplayable. Sometimes I try over and over to play, and it crashes every time the messages screen loads, that I am forced to give up. I never get the daily bonuses or messages because it crashes as soon as it tries to load my game. Restarting device does not fix crashing.
It started when I updated it with the last version! Please fix the bug!!

RocioBM
09-13-15, 10:57 AM
Same for me. It's so difficult to play in this conditions. I almost can't play the tournament.

djeyefly
09-24-15, 11:23 AM
Crashing ! Crashing ! Crashing !
I'm getting a little frustrated lately playing Fantasy Forest. It crashes constantly and I've lost many runes while mining, as if it wasn't difficult enough expanding. I've got eight animals in storage that I can't bring out because, A) I don't have any place to put them,B) I'm too busy trying to fulfill breeding goals that I eventually don't even get rewarded with.
Example) Even after non-stop breeding during event, I got the love dove and I got the smitten kitten, but no matripony. Then another event same story different animals. Got he lullabison and the tubacan, but no melodeer. Now I'm trying for the saintly bernard and same story. I have the station dalmatian and the capt. K-9 and what do I get ? Well I got two aperil fools. Don't you think September is a little late for April fools jokes, don't you think. Maybe you could put a little fun back in the game ? I really like your game ! I might actually spend a little money if it was working right. I am using a model mc989ll/a I:Pad version 8.4 (12h143). By the way I am having no problems with your other game dragon story. Is there any help to be had here ? Thanks.

kooky panda
09-24-15, 01:07 PM
Ipad 2 right?

I started having some freezing issues the other day on my iphone.
Try couple of things:

1. Try going under settings-safari- clear out Data
2. See if you have a apple software update available
3. Try a Hard Restart- Hold down power and on/off button at the same time until you see the apple sign.

If those things do not work try deleting and redownloading the game. You will not lose your game.

Also make sure you close out any applications running in the background.

31aug2002
10-04-15, 12:23 PM
I too have an iPad 2. And am facing a lot of freezing/crashing problems. I have updated to the latest iOS version. And now after that my iPad just shuts down on its own.
I have not been able to visit my neighbors , and I was 4 star neighbour :(

19sparkles96
10-11-15, 02:51 AM
I've been playing on iPad mini 1 (A5 processor) and my wife on iPod (5th gen). I'm level 45 with over 4,000,000 XP and 74 habitats. We've both had terrible issues with crashes (usually during mining,arghh) and lagginess over the past 6 months. Both are updated to IOS 9.0.2 with memory cleared often. Since I upgraded us both to the new iPad Mini 4 (A8X processor with motion coprocessor & more RAM) we are in BLISS! Everything runs fast and as smooth as butter. This iPad was built with multitasking in mind.I am able to run both Fantasy Story and Dragon Story at the same time and seamlessly switch between the two. I timed myself, and with both DS & FFS running, in DS I was able to collect tips from all 143 habitats in 56 seconds. I started playing originally on Samsung Galaxy Nexus (1ghz dual core processor & 1 GB ram) and DS was very laggy. On my new LG G4 (6 core processor & 3GB ram) DS also plays smoothly (though my phone gets warm). To enjoy these games at higher levels I recommend upgrading your device to similar levels.

dapess
10-24-15, 01:58 PM
I agree with all your crashing stories - same. I have emailed TL MANY times over the last 2 weeks and got pathetic replies from agent Claire - the game needs fixing - don't tell me to close other apps etc it's the game NOT US. All my other story games are fine. Basically this game cannot cope when you are at a high level. The last email I got was from a supervisor (I asked the ditzy one to fwd it higher) and she gave me 30 gems and 10 runes and told me, yet again, to close apps etc. they are not fixing the problem - I have lost so many bombs/runes I have lost count - hard to expand without runes isn't it???? So mad 😡

Tictoclolo
11-04-15, 08:12 PM
It will be several month that I'm in the same boat. The problem start after a game's update and become worse and worse with next updates. And I often have to restart several time my device to MAYBE pass the news feed's window. I've lost lot of bombs and runes too. It's so frustrating and unpleasant to play in those conditions!

And obviously, I had the same stupids and useless answers again and again. So for this time and all times : Yes, my device has been updated. Yes, my game is updated. Yes, FFS is the only unique lone one app I launch in the same time. And NO!!! I won't change a four-hundred-euros IPad Mini wich works perfectly, with all other games (TL's games inclused) wich work perfectly for ONE game wich doesn't work!!

Problem come from game, not from players, so please TL, stop with the basical all-made answers and fix this issue once for all.

Firenza08
11-04-15, 11:34 PM
I absolutely agree with Tictoclolo! I like this game but I don't like the game process after last updates (from August update). The game crushes and crushes and crushes. I have to reload the game many times a day to play near 20-30 seconds and then to reload again. And I'am not ready to change my 4s because of one uncorrect game. TL, please, do something.

LadyEna
11-13-15, 10:35 AM
I can hardly open up the game anymore! Usually it crashes before it has a chance to load
Up the news box!

Making it extremely hard to participate in any events, breeding or tournaments!

My IPad is updated every time Apple upgrades!!

infinitelove19
11-24-15, 11:06 AM
I agree with all your crashing stories - same. I have emailed TL MANY times over the last 2 weeks and got pathetic replies from agent Claire - the game needs fixing - don't tell me to close other apps etc it's the game NOT US. All my other story games are fine. Basically this game cannot cope when you are at a high level. The last email I got was from a supervisor (I asked the ditzy one to fwd it higher) and she gave me 30 gems and 10 runes and told me, yet again, to close apps etc. they are not fixing the problem - I have lost so many bombs/runes I have lost count - hard to expand without runes isn't it???? So mad ��

Agree. This is so ridiculous! All other apps closed, I have to DELETE AND RE-INSTALL to even do a single tournament round.
EVERY SINGLE TIME.

All other S8 games work mostly okay, wih occasional crashes, but FFS is completely unusable.

FaithCiara
12-03-15, 01:40 PM
t...until I mine enough to expand, then it usually crashes when I try to close the mine or hit the expand button. I've lost a lot of bombs that way, as it resets back to where I didn't earn anything from mining but the bombs are still gone anyway.
I am truly hoping that I am not the only one with this issue, as this is one of my favorite games...at least it used to be. I really don't want to delete it, but am at my wits end.
I have the same problem. With battlegrounds and food too :(

crumbsandsprinkles
12-07-15, 12:53 AM
I'm having a ton of crashing too. Please fix the game. I've lost countless runes and battles ��

ooyuui
12-10-15, 08:24 PM
I m having these issues on iPad Air level 50. My daughter is having issue on iPad Air bought in July 2015 and she isn't up to level 20 yet. There is a problem with this game

vulpesvulpes1
12-18-15, 06:45 AM
Today, I haven't been able to play because the game crashes a few seconds after opening--don't know why it's not merely sluggish as is normal.

55lee55
02-01-16, 05:54 AM
Since my iPad Mini Retina could no longer load the game, I finally bit the bullet and ditched my old flip phone in favor of a shiny new iPhone 6. It has been working well and except for the fact that my forest is bursting at the seams and I desperately need expansions to be able to continue playing much longer, I figured the investment was worth it.

But recently, and now consistently with last week's update, I have been experiencing problems exactly like those I experienced with my iPad Mini before it eventually became unable to load this game at all. The game is slow to load and hangs, lagging while waiting to slug through all the information screens and occasionally crashing before it completely loads. Sometimes my animals are slow to show up in the habitats. The game seems to be lagging when I collect coins or try to access my Storage, Album and Store. It appears that the graphics are bogging down the game again.

I have run through all the usual fixes and nothing changed. The game is still playable but it is annoying, especially as I have witnessed this progression before with my iPad Mini which has absolutely no problems playing any other games or using large or complicated apps from any other developer.

I am concerned that a new iPhone with plenty of memory and no apps working in the background is having such a hard time handling this game. My device is functioning properly and I keep my memory cleared specifically so that I can play FFS and CS. I have rebooted, hard rebooted and synced, but the problem remains.

Is this happening because I have played since the beginning and my forest has reached the limits of the number of animals the game can handle at once? I have all but six of the 176 animals I count as having been released to date. If the game is not capable of handling the graphics for all of the previously released animals, how can it handle the new animals in the pipeline? Will this continue to worsen every week until I and others who have full forests are simply unable to play? Or is this happening to others who don't need to juggle animals every time they need to find a spot to shoehorn in a new one? Either way, I worry about the future of one of my favorite games.

I guess all I can do is report this issue and hope that S8 will find a fix before I no longer am able to play FFS on any device. Has anyone else reported a problem with this?

Thanks.

alfinasplace
02-01-16, 08:51 AM
I'm having the same problem. The game continues to crash.

alfinasplace
02-01-16, 08:59 AM
I was in the middle of battleground, when I was kicked out of game. I loge back in and was kicked out again. I lost my food after winning and was kicked out again please fix this game.

kooky panda
02-01-16, 09:38 AM
(merged threads)

Please be sure and close out your game when not playing.
I had some freezing issues this weekend, so I deleted and redownloaded the game and this seemed to resolve my issues.
(iphone 6 Plus).

Make sure your device has the most current software update.
If playing on an older device, try force closing out any applications running in the background.

What versions of the game are you playing? for iOS make sure you are playing the regular game (and check to make sure the version number is 1.5.5.)

jim23cash
02-01-16, 11:12 AM
Hi Lee! I've been having crashing/lagging problems since the "Beach Animals" version. My game has to be reinstalled every time I play, and if it crashes anyway, has to be reinstalled again.
I know Dragon Story was like this for a while, then it got better. I'm hoping they figure out what helped there, and can apply it to FFS. I'm barely able to keep playing, but too dang stubborn to give up!
Good luck to you! :D Annie

55lee55
02-01-16, 11:57 PM
(merged threads)

Please be sure and close out your game when not playing.
I had some freezing issues this weekend, so I deleted and redownloaded the game and this seemed to resolve my issues.
(iphone 6 Plus).

Make sure your device has the most current software update.
If playing on an older device, try force closing out any applications running in the background.

What versions of the game are you playing? for iOS make sure you are playing the regular game (and check to make sure the version number is 1.5.5.)

Yes, done and doing. All of it. S8 has been ignoring problem and when I say that I have done everything, it is because I have done everything you just suggested once again, multiple times a day. My device is still lagging and crashing when I try to log onto a new iPhone 6 after reinstalling the game on the most recent S8 update.

There continues to be a problem. Why can't S8 tell us what, if anything, S8 is doing to remedy this issue? As players, we can't fix the problem.

Kooky, I know you are just doing your job so I don't fault you for it but this is a very real issue and we are here reporting it. If I put in a support request they would give the same You canned answer you did because they don't bother reading what I and others are reporting here.

But I and apparently the others who are having this problem don't see it being resolved when we repeatedly do all of these time consuming rituals when we need to log in to play the game. Once again it is becoming unplayable.

Can we get some acknowledgement that there is an issue with FFS? How about some reassurance that S8 knows that about the problem and is working to fix it?

Or if not, how about being upfront and admit that the game is faulty and nothing is being done if that is the case.

I don't understand why there is this forum to report issues and bugs, but no acknowledgement when issues and bugs arise.

Obviously I am not the only one having this problem with lagging and crashing. Please listen to us and tell us what S8 is going to do to fix this.

Thank you S8.

Hi Lee! I've been having crashing/lagging problems since the "Beach Animals" version. My game has to be reinstalled every time I play, and if it crashes anyway, has to be reinstalled again.
I know Dragon Story was like this for a while, then it got better. I'm hoping they figure out what helped there, and can apply it to FFS. I'm barely able to keep playing, but too dang stubborn to give up!
Good luck to you! :D Annie

Hi Annie. This us the best news I have heard yet. Maybe there is hope if they were able to fix the same problem with DS. Would be nice if S8 would confirm if they are actively working on a solution. I am stubborn too or I would have quit playing instead of coming here to see if others have the same problem. Sorry to see you have the same issues but glad you are still playing. It would be nice if S8 would acknowledge that they were working it. Good luck too, Annie.

vulpesvulpes1
02-07-16, 09:56 AM
I just lost 6 runes because of two, successive crashes. I close out apps throughout the day and usually only try to mine once per session--and yet the game has lag and crashes. No other app crashes as much.

sweetypies97
02-22-16, 01:08 PM
Is this ever going to be fixed? I lost yet ANOTHER expansion due to a crash today.

Hannah396
02-24-16, 01:09 PM
I've been robbed of many bombs, due to game crashes. It seems that if the game crashes and doesn't give the credit that it should not take the bombs, but oh, no; the bomb total is reduced by what I used and nothing to show for it. Hardly seems fair.

Hannah396
02-24-16, 01:21 PM
Please, please get rid of those popup ads. I don't mind the ones in the goal list where we can earn gems, but those ridiculous popups make the game crash even more!!! It doesn't seem to matter if I have the game installed or not, the popups keep appearing. So, if the goal was to annoy the players, you've succeeded!! If I wanted to play Bakery Story 2 (or whatever the ad is for) at that moment, I would be playing it, OK? I really am starting to hate any game that has a popup ad!

insomniadreams88
02-25-16, 09:05 AM
Echoing what others are saying about the game crashing and losing bombs. Every time I'm at the last part I need for an expansion, the game crashes once I get it and I lose the bomb as well.

31aug2002
06-20-16, 06:48 AM
Ever since the new Tournament and Storybook adventure has started, I am facing the following problems
1. The game crashes while I am playing
2. Once it crashes I have to delete and download it again.
3. After I have played and close the game , when I next come to play it does not load . So have to delete and install it again. So every time I am coming to the game I have to delete and reinstall .

I have been doing this for past 3 days now.
I thought the matter would resolve on its own but this problem seems to have stuck .

Is anyone else facing this problem ?

Please help!!!

Rynetory2
06-20-16, 06:53 AM
Sorry to hear that. Can you try make sure your connection is good and try the suggestions under Device Performance in http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?69361-Fantasy-Forest-Current-Bugs-and-Issues&p=914115&viewfull=1#post914115? You may want to check that your device has sufficient space.

Moved to Bugs forum.

31aug2002
06-20-16, 07:36 AM
Thank you for your suggestions
I have been playing for over a year now, but never faced issue like this.
I went through the checklist for resolving the issue.

1. Have a good internet connection .
2. My iOS version is the latest for my device , 9.3.2 for iPad 2
3. I have 35.7 GB of free space in my device.
4. I close all apps before I try to open FFS
5. I have tried hard shutting my device on multiple times. It does not help.

Hope this problem goes away ASAP , or I am going to have a very tedious 10 days ahead whar with the Storybook adventure , and the Tournament on����

kooky panda
06-20-16, 10:29 AM
Try going under settings-safari and clear out Data, then restart your Ipad.

31aug2002
06-20-16, 11:07 PM
Thank you for your suggestions .
Kooky I have done what you suggested. But it still doesn't work . I am still deleting and installing every hour to do the tournament :(

Rynetory2
06-20-16, 11:20 PM
Sorry to hear that you are still having issues in your game. Poor you! I would suggest that you send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game and give you specific advise.

To add: Some members have mentioned they stored some of their animals to reduce the crashing. I'm not sure if you want to try that in the mean time while you wait for Support to revert to you.

31aug2002
06-21-16, 03:22 AM
Sorry to hear that you are still having issues in your game. Poor you! I would suggest that you send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game and give you specific advise.

To add: Some members have mentioned they stored some of their animals to reduce the crashing. I'm not sure if you want to try that in the mean time while you wait for Support to revert to you.

Thank you. I have written to support. Hope they are able to resolve the issue.
We do not have the option of storing animals in Fantasy Forest.

Rynetory2
06-21-16, 06:01 AM
Thank you. I have written to support. Hope they are able to resolve the issue.
We do not have the option of storing animals in Fantasy Forest.

Ops I've certainly been misinformed. Thank you for letting me know. All the best for your tournament!

CuteTali
06-24-16, 03:30 AM
This is an issue that I've been having for several months now and S8 still hasn't fixed this. I want to play this game, but when I try to open it, it crashes. Can't play it at all on android anymore. I've deleted the game and reinstalled several times. I have uninstalled just about every other app with no change whatsoever. I have also cold booted my device, but this game just won't run. I can run all other S8 games on my device. Since this has been an ongoing issue for many months now with no fix, I am writing here, hoping someone will actually fix it. The only way I can play is on my tiny iOS phone screen, but I want to play on my big screen android tablet. Please fix this.

kooky panda
06-24-16, 08:47 AM
I am sorry you are having issues. Please send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game and device.

(moving to Bug forum)

CuteTali
06-25-16, 04:00 AM
I wrote to support and got an auto-generated email with (#) ticket. This is all I got last time I tried writing to them. I wonder if they will respond this time. The one I sent before it's been more than 2 months now with no response.

xenu8
06-25-16, 05:25 PM
Sam ething is happening to me all of a sudden, I have no problems with the other games I play, I have cleared data and it still crashes. Sad considering there is a timed event and I can't do anything.

31aug2002
07-04-16, 09:34 PM
Hi Moderators, Developers any one....Please HELP!!!

I have had horrible past two weeks
My game crashes at the drop of a hat
Every time I want to play I have to delete/ install
As a result had a tough time doing the storybook adventure
And of all the things could not complete the 48round 14 day tournament!!!
Now as of yesterday.. Delete install also not working... Game is deleted and I am unable to reinstall.

Pls pls pls fix these bugs!!!

Rynetory2
07-05-16, 12:12 AM
Try logging off and on your App Store account and restart your device and try to download again. You may need to check your Apple account if you're having issues with downloading the game.

As for your game issue, can you try to access your game using another device? It may be possible that your iPad 2 is having trouble keeping up with the game. Unfortunately iPad 2 runs the iOS slower too. :(

31aug2002
07-05-16, 03:27 AM
Thank you . Will try all the above . Hope this issue is solved fast.

becka0716
07-06-16, 10:35 AM
I Installed the latest version of Castle Story And it CRASHES BEFORE I CAN GET PAST THE OPENING SCREEN IS THIS BEING WORKED ON I'M LEVEL 17 TRYING TO DO THE GOAL FOR BE & RS! BY THE WAY I'M AN ANDROID PLAYER & I'VE UNINSTALLED. & REINSTALLED SEVERAL TIMES WITH NO LUCK PLEASE HELP THANKS ⊙﹏⊙

Eluzyion
08-02-16, 12:19 PM
FFS - it's always lagging and crashing, and today with the new leaderboard and tournament I can't even move to collect it's crashed 5x in 10 minutes.. It's getting unplayable! I'm not maxed out with expansions either! But forget visiting anyone that has a lot of habitats w animals.. Please fix your servers! I have no problem with any other games, on iOS nothing else playing in background, plenty of storage, great wifi..it's so frustrating!

monbohn
08-04-16, 08:05 PM
I'm also suddenly crashing constantly after the new update. Android device. Tried uninstall/reinstall, restart phone, etc. Since I have seen several people mention this problem I'm inclined to believe the problem is not on our end. Hope it gets fixed soon....I love this game but don't have the time to deal with constant crashing and restarting. :/

PuNcKyDoLl01
09-05-16, 06:26 AM
Game keeps crashing, need to try several times before Game can start. Music start, game appear but when is trying to open animals the game crashes. Help.

Rynetory2
09-05-16, 08:33 AM
Are you crashing to home screen or is there an error message? Please reinstall your game, restart your device and start it without other apps. Let it settle for a few mins before you do any activity.

Eluzyion
09-05-16, 03:46 PM
Game keeps crashing, need to try several times before Game can start. Music start, game appear but when is trying to open animals the game crashes. Help.

Same here.. Even waiting as it starts for animal movement under the feed news window before touching anything.. It crashes, have to open game again multiple times before I get the window off, worse if there are multiple popups with what's new and on sale.. When I can finally play I have to move very slowly when scrolling around to collect waiting for coins to disappear before moving again.. And during this current leaderboard I crashed so many times when speed breeding that I only got like 20 mins playtime out of my hour boost. I have nothing running in the background it's so very frustrating. No other high animated game I play does this.

Eluzyion
09-05-16, 03:51 PM
Forgot to mention that I've lost a lot runes when the game crashes while mining.. It starts off ok but if I mine more than 3 or 4 times it starts to lag to where you see the hole..wait..see closeness.. Wait .. Tap to open another spot etc it'll crash before done losing the rune and any accomplishment gained

Eluzyion
09-05-16, 04:25 PM
Are you crashing to home screen or is there an error message? Please reinstall your game, restart your device and start it without other apps. Let it settle for a few mins before you do any activity.

The game totally force closes.. Reinstalling doesn't help, I have lots of storage on my tablet, strong wifi, nothing playing in the background..it crashes. I can only expect it to get worse adding new animals/habitats. iOS here

Adding: force close as in totally goes down, not to start page, no error msg the game crashes (you see your device screen) so you have to remove it from last game open and reopen the game

Rynetory2
09-06-16, 04:28 AM
The game totally force closes.. Reinstalling doesn't help, I have lots of storage on my tablet, strong wifi, nothing playing in the background..it crashes. I can only expect it to get worse adding new animals/habitats. iOS here

Adding: force close as in totally goes down, not to start page, no error msg the game crashes (you see your device screen) so you have to remove it from last game open and reopen the game

Hmmm, you're crashing back to home screen and reinstallation sadly didnt help. At this point, I'm going to send you to Support for them to check your game and give you further advise specific to your game and device. Send an email to support@storm8.com. Hope you'll be able to play normally very soon.

calvinxx
09-21-16, 11:13 AM
My game is still consistently crashing to the point I cannot even get into the game without deleting and reinstalling it. I can only get in one time and then after all the creatures load it crashes and I need to delete and reinstal again. I already contacted support saying this and they literally told me to delete and reinstall and I told them I'm doing that every time. I have a brand new iPhone 6 128gb storage with lots of space so it shouldn't be my operating system. I also make sure to close all other running apps when trying to play and it still won't work. I know some people have sold all common animals to give the game less to load but I like having them and all of mine are at epic level so it's such a waste to sell them. Does anyone know any other fixes I can try or can support somehow fix my game on their end? Thank you. I really don't want to stop playing after being a loyal player for over a year.

kooky panda
09-21-16, 11:15 AM
My game is still consistently crashing to the point I cannot even get into the game without deleting and reinstalling it. I can only get in one time and then after all the creatures load it crashes and I need to delete and reinstal again. I already contacted support saying this and they literally told me to delete and reinstall and I told them I'm doing that every time. I have a brand new iPhone 6 128gb storage with lots of space so it shouldn't be my operating system. I also make sure to close all other running apps when trying to play and it still won't work. I know some people have sold all common animals to give the game less to load but I like having them and all of mine are at epic level so it's such a waste to sell them. Does anyone know any other fixes I can try or can support somehow fix my game on their end? Thank you. I really don't want to stop playing after being a loyal player for over a year.

Do you have the most current apple software update? You can check under your settings- general- software update.

calvinxx
09-21-16, 04:11 PM
Do you have the most current apple software update? You can check under your settings- general- software update.

Yes I just updated to iOS 10

kooky panda
09-21-16, 06:53 PM
I am not having any issues on my iPhone 6.

You can try going to settings-safari and clearing out cookies/data to see if that helps.

frogtwin
09-22-16, 02:54 AM
I use a Samsung galaxy tablet and have the same problems shown here. Posting the report every time for a month with no reply back.
I can't even plant a food and get booted. I don't want to think of the gems I lost trying to mine. Ughhhhhhhh
I am addicted to breeding the cute critters or I would just uninstall the game and the stress with it.

Rynetory2
09-22-16, 08:14 AM
I use a Samsung galaxy tablet and have the same problems shown here. Posting the report every time for a month with no reply back.
I can't even plant a food and get booted. I don't want to think of the gems I lost trying to mine. Ughhhhhhhh
I am addicted to breeding the cute critters or I would just uninstall the game and the stress with it.

Have you tried reinstalling your game? If not, can you do that and restart your device? Start your game without other apps and try. Hope it helps.

calvinxx
09-22-16, 04:27 PM
I am not having any issues on my iPhone 6.

You can try going to settings-safari and clearing out cookies/data to see if that helps.

I tried this as well and it still won't let me in unless I uninstall and reinstall every time :( I guess I'll just have to start looking into selling some animals... :(

Rynetory2
09-23-16, 07:27 AM
I tried this as well and it still won't let me in unless I uninstall and reinstall every time :( I guess I'll just have to start looking into selling some animals... :(

Sorry to hear that. Perhaps you would like to send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game and give you more advise.

frogtwin
10-01-16, 09:23 PM
I uninstalled it several times by now and no help. I sent Storm8 a request []

Rynetory2
10-02-16, 03:57 AM
I uninstalled it several times by now and no help. I sent Storm8 a request []

Sorry about that. Please revert back to the last email from Support and let the Agent know that it didnt work. Thanks.

Caristalyc
10-11-16, 02:51 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? Since the last update it's taking me 10 to 15 minutes to get the game to start. It goes through all the motions & shows it's opening, then crashes over & over. I've uninstalled it, closed down, restarted, installed & it opened. Great, now it's back to crashing! Takes all the fun away, please help, can't keep reinstalling every time I want to play.

Rynetory2
10-11-16, 04:02 AM
Is anyone else having this problem? Since the last update it's taking me 10 to 15 minutes to get the game to start. It goes through all the motions & shows it's opening, then crashes over & over. I've uninstalled it, closed down, restarted, installed & it opened. Great, now it's back to crashing! Takes all the fun away, please help, can't keep reinstalling every time I want to play.

Sorry that you're having issues with your game. What specific device are you playing on? Can you check that you have plenty of space on your device? Please also check that you have the latest software version for your device.

Caristalyc
10-11-16, 05:57 AM
The problem is not fixed for me at all...not sure what is going on. I know I had this same issue in Dragon Story a couple of years (or more maybe) ago, and it was resolved eventually. But Fantasy story keeps crashing.

Can we play this game on an Android? I can't seem to find the game anywhere for Android, and I was thinking that maybe I could at least play it on my phone. All my neighbors think I'm a deadbeat, because I can't gift back gems or visit them except once in a blue moon when all the stars are alighned just so...and I've uninstalled the game and re-installed it!! :-(

It is on android, although I've never been able to open it, always crashes!

Caristalyc
10-11-16, 06:23 AM
Sorry that you're having issues with your game. What specific device are you playing on? Can you check that you have plenty of space on your device? Please also check that you have the latest software version for your device.

I'm on mini iPad 3, have 25g free space & latest update 10.0.2

Rynetory2
10-11-16, 07:18 AM
I'm on mini iPad 3, have 25g free space & latest update 10.0.2

Can you restart your device and start game without any other apps and see if it works better? Let it settles for a few minutes before you do any activities. If it doesn't work, you may want to send an email to support@storm8.com so an agent can check your game.

Caristalyc
10-11-16, 02:15 PM
Thanks all for letting me know it's not me. Been playing FS since it began & DS before that. I'm a seasoned player & pretty clued up on what to try before I contact anyone for help, so truly resent being treated as if I've never seen a computer before. The fact there are so many with this issue proves it's a fault with the game. We can't all be useless can we?

Support always gives standard reply & takes time that I have little of. We have all explained the problem here why should we have to explain it all again, just please S8 give us a game we can all play

Rynetory2
10-12-16, 07:13 AM
Please send an email to support@storm8.com for further investigation. Thanks.

vulpesvulpes1
10-14-16, 11:14 PM
The game continues to crash--so much so that it repeatedly crashes while trying to load. Hard-closing the Ipod Touch doesn't always work, either. And submitting a suport ticket doesn't help, either; []

Rynetory2
10-15-16, 07:34 AM
The game continues to crash--so much so that it repeatedly crashes while trying to load. Hard-closing the Ipod Touch doesn't always work, either. And submitting a suport ticket doesn't help, either; []

Sorry to hear that. Can you reply to the last email and let the Agent know that you're still having issues? Thanks.

Eluzyion
10-28-16, 02:21 PM
I'm so tired of having to load the game 30 or more times just to get a couple of actions done before it crashes and I have to start trying to load again.. It's the game resources are way too much for the devices! Memory hog, needs to be fixed. Reinstalling the game 100x on my iPad will do nothing.. How many reports does it take for devs to fix this problem? :/

Just an FYI.. I play at least 3 other games that are animation heavy like FFS, a couple with free roaming animals even.. They had to correct their game to lower the resources it takes for mobile devices to play smoothly.. I've given suggestion to add maps so that so much isn't trying to load at once on the main map.. Where habitats and animals can be transferred onto different maps but all animals still able to be used for breeding/tournaments. It's not storage of devices I have plenty.. It's memory and device memory can't be upgraded so the work-around has to be in the game itself.

I spent tons on LB for valiant lion.. Only to come in 3rd because my game wouldn't load! By only 100-200 pts which I was more than ready to exceed.. (Trust me after putting in over 30k pts. Couple hundred was nothing, but was ready to do what it took) So yes pretty livid I've put so much into a game that's getting impossible to play, not to mention the frustration of constant reloading, rebooting, reloading etc etc

wagygirl
11-04-16, 02:33 PM
My game crashes EVERY TIME I try to visit a neighbor.
I am on an Acer Iconia 10 android tablet and using the newest version of Forest Fantasy.

ttrus11
12-22-16, 08:07 AM
I am having the same problem of fantasy story crashing for weeks now. The only way I can play is to delete, reinstall it and that gives me one time only to play then I need to repeat this cycle. It's not a storage issue and I do t have the problem with Dragon Story. Canso
Done please advise

jnjaycpa
03-09-17, 04:09 PM
I've been having problems trying to start FFS. I press the icon, the game starts up, and it crashes. I have to delete the game from my iPad and reinstall it. Is there anything I could do? Thanks.

Rynetory2
03-10-17, 07:15 AM
Try clearing your cache and restarting your device.

rjazz
03-11-17, 12:18 PM
I only hope they fix the game so I don't have to delete it and re-install it everytime I want to play. It's very frustrating.

rjazz
03-11-17, 12:27 PM
I can't get into FF without deleting & re-installing the app. I'm getting very frustrated like everyone else here. I'm on an Ipad mini 2 with 18 gbs of free space. DS works fine. I've done all the clearing of Cache, hard restart of the ipad and even wiped my ipad and restored from a back-up. I haven't reported to to support because it seems it hasn't really helped anyone so far. If it has please let us know.

spyd58
03-11-17, 12:45 PM
I had to reinstall game every time also with losing runes constantly when game crashed which happened multiple times when trying to play. Recently got new I Pad Pro and moved game to it. What a difference! No crashing or losing runes and can move around game without crashing if moving icon too fast. You may need to upgrade device to solve your issue.

Silverrain1
03-11-17, 01:26 PM
I only hope they fix the game so I don't have to delete it and re-install it everytime I want to play. It's very frustrating.

Here here!

Deleted and reinstalled 3 times today

jackylina29
03-21-17, 03:39 AM
My game is crashing like crazy. Usually I can do only a couple things before game crashes...what is going on?

jackylina29
03-21-17, 03:48 AM
Has anyone else noticed in the past couple weeks that the game is crashing a lot more? I used to be able to play and it would crash while getting runes...lately I can only do a couple things before it crashes...I haven't added that many things lately and dragon story and castle story although starting to crash more at least give me more time before it crashes fantasy just has not been wanting me to play lately...is an update or something coming out soon? I'm gonna try to reinstall but if it doesn't work just wanted to see if others are noticing same thing and if there may be an update soon

JustKay
03-21-17, 05:37 AM
As your island develops, it uses more device resources. If you have an older device, there will be a limit at which point the game will start to reach the limit of your device and then crashes will happen. Mine is roughly 150MB of game data. Try storing all your decorations and removing any unneeded animals from your island and see if the crashing stops happening. Basically reduce the load on your island for that device, or upgrade to a new device.

RainbowsandRandoms
03-21-17, 06:06 AM
Closing all other apps first doesn't work. Clearing cache doesn't work. Deleting and reinstalling doesn't work. What else can they suggest we do to stop game crashing every couple of moves? So many lost runes 😤

cuffy1
03-21-17, 01:53 PM
Agree totally feed hitting the expand button only to find game crashes and I've lost my expansion and need to do more mining. This is the only game I have a crashing problem with

KadeeDid
03-21-17, 02:17 PM
Agree totally feed hitting the expand button only to find game crashes and I've lost my expansion and need to do more mining. This is the only game I have a crashing problem with

FFS was the only game causing crashes for me too. I quit playing about 3 months ago. It was not worth the frustration and I have time to play some other games which don't have glitches. The only response from support was that it must be my device. Not surprised. I usually don't put in a ticket unless one of the forum staff intervenes or helps out.

K.

JustKay
03-21-17, 04:17 PM
This is a bit of a nuclear option short of reinstalling, but if you are playing on an android device, you can actually clear the game data (on top of clearing the cache) but keep the game installation. An option in Settings -> Application manager -> (Pick the FFS application) -> Clear all data. What this will do is delete all the sprites and animal and your island will look as if you just installed and hadn't downloaded anything. I do this everytime my game data approaches 150MB. it lets me get in and do stuff while the game tries to load in all the habitats and animal again... and then i get out. I never try to do anything if most of the content has finished loading as then the game becomes unstable as it's memory is packed. I go out and clear the game data again next time i want to login. it's annoying and tedious, and a waste of data quota, but I get to still play on that device.

tnbrat72
03-29-17, 07:34 AM
My game is crashing like this!!!! It has costed me quite a LOT!!! I've LOST TONS OF BOMBS, RUNES, (so therefore, I can't EXPAND, and I DESPERATELY need to ESPECIALLY NOW!!!) I cannot visit neighbors, because it crashes, and I HAD A 4 STAR RATING BEFORE THIS started!!! I've LOST RAPUNZEL IN THE STORYBOOK BECAUSE OF IT!! IT's Been DELETING ITEMS from my STORAGe!! I got ALL THE WAY THROUGH THE STORY TO THE FINAL CHAPTER, LAST ACT, AND BAM, HERE WE GOOOOO!!!!! AN THEREFORE IT COSTED ME RAPUNZEL!!!!!! About THREE tournaments AGO it COSTED ME THAT ONE, BECAUSE IT KEPT REPEATING ANIMALS I HAD ALREADY BEATEN!! I'VE NOT even been able to put it on the FORUM TIL JUST NOW BECAUSE IT CRASHES IT AS WELL! IT CRASHEES THE MINE!! I LOSE MY< BOMBS< ALL I GET INSIDE THE MINE, I set timers for the game, to fight, and everything!! I have repeatedly uninstalled and reinstalled. It has taken my gems, at times! NOW THAT REALLY UPST ME!!!! I work HARD ON THIS GAME!!! HELP!!!!

Animenia
04-05-17, 09:06 AM
I play on Iphone 6+. Since about 1 month my game crashes 3-5 times a day. Every time I have to reinstall game. I'm really tired with this... Please S8, do something...

Silverrain1
04-08-17, 10:33 AM
Between yesterday and today the crashing has been awful. Iv deleted and reinstalled more times than I can count. So annoying. I have been seriously considering just deleting this game and every time it crashes I don't want to reinstall, but I do because I keep hoping it's gonna b fixed. And that, that time wld b the last crash but it's not and I'm gutted.

Animenia
04-11-17, 12:54 PM
S8 what's going on? I'm not able to play ffs becase game crashes every time...

Silverrain1
04-13-17, 02:15 PM
An other crash today. Really makes me sad.
An other crash this morning.

HappyHeartBakery
05-01-17, 05:51 AM
I know this is a little off topic - but anyone else having more issues with game crashing? I've been having more than normal issues & often a message that 'the game is an online game' blah blah. making this event even more challenging.

cuffy1
05-01-17, 07:56 AM
Is there anything we can do, everytime I open the game for the last 2 days it crashes and I have to re-install Really annoying

Silverrain1
05-02-17, 10:24 AM
Is there anything we can do, everytime I open the game for the last 2 days it crashes and I have to re-install Really annoying

I feel for you. Mines is crashing pretty much daily and several times in the day as well. It makes doing anything so difficult as you lose so much time if you aren't in a position where u can reinstall.
There's been some suggestions how to help. It hasn't worked for me but u can try.
Clear your cache (I think I spelt that right)
Put your neighbours to less than 100.
Let everything load fully before you move in your game .
It might work. Might not but good luck.

cuffy1
05-02-17, 01:23 PM
Thanks, tried all those but to no avail. Think I might give up

Silverrain1
05-06-17, 10:26 AM
I am so tired of all this crashing. It's every single day! Doing anything is so hard, and making sure everything has registered is a job in itself. Iv done everything I can and the crashes still continue to happen. Is there anything else we can do before I stop playing?

luna2cute
05-06-17, 12:51 PM
Make sure iOS or android software is up to date.
delete unnecessary items from inventory (decor)
uninstall and reinstall game

tried that?

Silverrain1
05-06-17, 01:09 PM
Unfortunately I have and i didn't see any improvements. I'm just hoping for a miracle now. Or a really good fix

poofyena
05-06-17, 01:53 PM
Unfortunately it seems to be a game issue rather than software. My tablet can't run it smoothly and thats brand new with nothing else on it. 34gb memory, you'd think that would be enough!

Silverrain1
05-06-17, 02:56 PM
You would think so. It's making me really sad. I'm rather addicted to this game. I play it daily and have spent a fortune. I dnt wanna stop playing and have all my work go down the drain but it's becoming such an effort to play!
But there will b a gaping hole in my day wen I have to quit playing

littelprincess0313
05-06-17, 07:14 PM
My game is ,only' crashing while visiting neighbors and just rarely by normal playing. But my sister is going insane cause like you she has to check everything 2-3 times if it has registered - really annoying.

Silverrain1
05-07-17, 06:04 AM
Game just crashed again 😭

Silverrain1
05-07-17, 12:48 PM
Argh! An other crash. Just lost my chance at the story book

poofyena
05-07-17, 03:51 PM
Have also lost out on the SB now thanks to crashes and animals vanishing.
I would be really sad to see you go Silverrain, your such a nice person and very helpful! I'm sorry your game is being so bad.

Silverrain1
05-08-17, 11:46 AM
An other crash! I'm stressing out here!

Silverrain1
05-10-17, 11:07 AM
Game crashes at work so lost a while day of collecting.
Got home, reinstalled, planted new crops, battled, mined and crashed.
Not amused.

MaribouMay
05-10-17, 09:14 PM
I am having the same problems others are describing. I have to reinstall every time I want to play. The game loads extremely slowly; i need to let it be for up to 5 minutes while the animals generate more than their shadow dots and the animation stops being in slow-motion and herky-jerky. My game crashes if: I collect coins on more than a handful of habitats, I move around too quickly, or am just unlucky. It has been a couple of weeks or more. I lost the last tournament, the first one I've lost since I started the game which was a couple of months after the game first became available. I will probably lose the current tournament as well. I used most of my gems trying to win the last one and I certainly won't buy more for a game I may not be able to play.

This thread was started 2 months ago. I am astounded that this is still a problem. An update or comment from a mod would be appreciated.

iphone 6
iOS 10.3.1 (current and up to date)
happens on data and wifi
I have 31GB available

michelleraye09
05-26-17, 02:16 PM
My game is STILL crashing. Just had 7 bombs, played once, then crashed. Now I have no bombs. I lose bombs constantly. What are you going to do to replace the astronomical amount of bombs I have lost attempting to play your game?

RainbowsandRandoms
06-01-17, 01:52 AM
Not only losing bombs and runes now but the fairy dust needed for current storybook. Have completed chapter 2 twice now only for game to crash and I go back to find I need to do it all again and the lost crow prize has been taken from inventory. Come on S8, give us a chance.

locknkey1
07-01-17, 12:46 PM
Please help!
Is there any ways to resolve FFS from auto logging off repeatedly
after it displaced the "10 messages screenshot" after booting up?
After pressing reboot it auto logoff again - repeatedly
Any players encounter this also ??
Thank you very much

Silverrain1
07-01-17, 02:41 PM
Unfortunately, crashing is a major issue that many of us are having. As your forest grows you will encounter this problem more and more frequently. I'm on the verge of quitting as I have to delete and reinstall the game almost daily in order to b able to play it.
A few things you can try to help but they didn't help me....
Have less than 100 neighbours
Don't have any decor in your forest
Clear the cache on your device.
Zoom right in when you are playing and move around very slowly!
Hope this helps

MaribouMay
07-01-17, 02:46 PM
Yup, happens to me all the time. If you contact support they will tell you the same things Silverrain1 told you. I guess fixing the problems of long term players isn't a high priority.

locknkey1
07-01-17, 04:57 PM
Hi guys
Thank you very much for your fast help n reply
����

Silverrain1
07-02-17, 12:35 AM
By 8am this morning, I had to delete and reinstall twice!

Callyvitale19
07-08-17, 09:17 AM
My game keeps crashing. My game has crashed close to 20 times in less,than 2 hrs. 90% just trying to log on and 10% while playing the game. I managed to get on 4 times and never exited on my own. I got kicked out while collecting coins, planting cherries and while mining. I had the same problem yesterday but figured what ever was happening would go away but it started again today. I don't have problems with any other games just FFS. Please help. Thanks

AppleWhite84
07-10-17, 02:07 AM
I can't visit neighbors with high levels or the game crashes. Usually anyone over level 70. I'm afraid it'll start crashing more when I'm at a higher level too.

Callyvitale19
07-15-17, 09:58 AM
A few weeks ago I had a problem with my game crashing everytime I tried to log on and then it started working ok until yesterday. It took me over 50 minutes to log on to find out what the new event was and again this morning it's taking 45 to 50 minutes just to log on and then I get only a minute or so of play time before it crashes. I'm not sure why, it may be because it's a weekend and there are more players at the same time or may be my forest is getting to large. I really love this game but it can get frustrating when it takes 45 minutes to try and plant a 60 minute crop. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for a great game.

Callyvitale19
07-19-17, 08:39 AM
Wow....my game keeps crashing. In the past 1 and a half hrs my game has crashed 8 times. The past week has been very difficult to play a game that won't stay up for 1 minute. Yesterday it took me 40 minutes to plant 6 charmed cheeries. It's so frustrating to try and enjoy something that use to provide fun but now just increases anxiety levels. I'm not sure why this game is going downhill so fast but I'm concerned about all the complaints from players and no positive response from S8. I hope all these problems aren't a prelude to something worse. Please try and fix the more serious problems. I'm worried about trying to buy gems and the game crashing like it did to me last week. It took an hr before my gems showed up. I really enjoy this game and I know others are experiencing problems as well. Any help would be great. Thanks

Rynetory2
07-19-17, 08:43 AM
Please contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) so an agent can check your game.

fip8
07-22-17, 06:24 PM
Is anyone else having a problem playing Fantasy Forest Story on their iPhone? I have an iPhone 6 with plenty of memory/storage and the game keeps crashing, it will load then crash. This has been happening for a month or longer I asked storm8 about this issue and they said it's not the game app that the issue is with my iPhone. I talked to apple and they had me restore my iPhone back to the factory settings, and told me that my iPhone meets all the requirements to be able to play the game. I reported this to storm8 and storm8 is still telling me that there is nothing wrong with their app it has to be my phone so now I am stuck don't know what to do, I am looking for any suggestions that may resolve this problem. Does anyone out there have any ideas apparently storm8 doesn't!!! I have stored all the decorations so that can't be the issue I just have the animals and their habitats also that gem island never worked for. I would greatly appreciate any help I have been playing the game for over 2 years and it's extremely frustrating not being able to play a game that I have spent $$$ and being told by storm8 that they have resolved my issue when clearly it is not!!!! I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times throughout this issue that works once then when I go to play again it crashes.

CuddlePuddlev2
07-22-17, 07:10 PM
Is anyone else having a problem playing Fantasy Forest Story on their iPhone? I have an iPhone 6 with plenty of memory/storage and the game keeps crashing, it will load then crash. This has been happening for a month or longer I asked storm8 about this issue and they said it's not the game app that the issue is with my iPhone. I talked to apple and they had me restore my iPhone back to the factory settings, and told me that my iPhone meets all the requirements to be able to play the game. I reported this to storm8 and storm8 is still telling me that there is nothing wrong with their app it has to be my phone so now I am stuck don't know what to do, I am looking for any suggestions that may resolve this problem. Does anyone out there have any ideas apparently storm8 doesn't!!! I have stored all the decorations so that can't be the issue I just have the animals and their habitats also that gem island never worked for. I would greatly appreciate any help I have been playing the game for over 2 years and it's extremely frustrating not being able to play a game that I have spent $$$ and being told by storm8 that they have resolved my issue when clearly it is not!!!!

I had the same issue yesterday. I deleted the game and redownloded it and now it's fine. I also have an iphone 6

fip8
07-22-17, 08:14 PM
Thanks for the reply I have uninstalled and reinstalled the game numerous times in the beginning that worked but now when I reinstall and enter game and play for a bit then close it and wait for an hour or more to play again it starts then crashes. Seems the reinstall only will work for first try then back to crashing.

supster50
08-13-17, 02:13 AM
I got a 14 hr timer yesterday, just hatched it and happily got my new Dalmation egg, got two mines, went mining, first mine I got 1 ruines, second mine got two ruins = three ruines. I then closed the mine, game crashes I open it up to 1 mine in storage. Will the moderators please find my two lost ruines and return them please. It's bad enough when we need 1 ruine to expand and during the mining expedition I get two or three ruines and don't get credit for the last two. Please fix this poop thank you in advance, by the way this happens far to often as in every time.

Rynetory2
08-13-17, 10:24 PM
I got a 14 hr timer yesterday, just hatched it and happily got my new Dalmation egg, got two mines, went mining, first mine I got 1 ruines, second mine got two ruins = three ruines. I then closed the mine, game crashes I open it up to 1 mine in storage. Will the moderators please find my two lost ruines and return them please. It's bad enough when we need 1 ruine to expand and during the mining expedition I get two or three ruines and don't get credit for the last two. Please fix this poop thank you in advance, by the way this happens far to often as in every time.

Sorry to hear that. Please contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) for further assistance.

babysx1
09-03-17, 06:51 PM
I have same problem on iPhone and now it is almost as ba on the iPad

HappyHeartBakery
10-13-17, 07:14 AM
Funny - the 1st post on this game crashing post is from MARCH 2015!!!
That is a LONG time to go without real answers/improvements

mysticalfairy320
02-21-18, 11:39 AM
This last month or 2 I have been closed out so many times I have uninstalled / reinstalled so many times and it's not working. I use to have this issue sometimes since reaching level 200 but this has been the worst month. I have lost so many runes, planting is hard to do bc it always shuts down and lost progress in the battle. I feel so stressed out.

If you had this problem what have you done to fix it I have lots of space on my phone so I am not sure what to do.

Phoenix406
02-21-18, 12:17 PM
I'll be honest: I used to think that the people who were always complaining about the game closing and/or resetting when you were in the middle of doing things probably just had cheap or old phones. However, I have a brand new iPhone 7 (the red one!), and this has started happening to me all the time, too, mainly in Dragon Story, but also in Fantasy Forest. I have other games I play and apps I use that do not do this, so I think it is unique to S8 games. My second account is only level 72, and my higher level account is around level 134, so I'm not even super high level yet. I don't know what the answer is and why S8 doesn't address the issue since it has been brought up numerous times in the forums.

mysticalfairy320
02-21-18, 12:53 PM
Thank you for letting me know. I only started having the issue at level 200 before that it wasn't a big deal. But for some reason this month has been the worst. I've had so many force stops I just quit what I'm doing in the game and hope the next day will be better.

Yesterday I did part 1 and 2 of the storybook quest then when I opened it again it said I didn't do it needless to say I planted 3 sets of bananas and wasted so much time repeating the same quest over and over. I only have 1 version of this game and this is the only game I play everyday so I hope it gets fixed!

MystiqueRealm
02-21-18, 02:17 PM
Same here. It's the only game I have issues with. Also planting reverting back to have to replant as I'm trying to plant, sometimes crops are empty when signing back on even if I take the precautions to open shop or any "loading" function to save my progress. Crashes in mine constant losing bomb and anything gained that round. Lately crashing during normal gameplay.

Sugarcat5
02-21-18, 07:40 PM
I too have had a lot of issues with rollbacks/crashes lately. I play many S8 games and it happens on most of them pretty regularly . It's very annoying and I wish S8 can figure out what to do about it.

JTelcontar
02-22-18, 11:31 AM
One thing I've discovered-- manually closing the application each time I am done playing causes the game to fully load from the server again next time I open it up.

If I just open, do a battle, close and then come back again in an hour to do my next battle-- almost 100% instance of rollback. I am guessing that for iOS at least, the app is not correctly saving its state and connecting back to the game servers again. Closing the app manually so that I always get the "Fantasy Forest Story" loading screen has saved me a TON of headaches. (also true for the other S8 games I play)

mysticalfairy320
02-22-18, 12:52 PM
I've reinstalled so many times just did it again I've been crashing for 25 minutes now. I ended up buying the lovebird but tried to buy the crowmantic but couldn't because it just kept crashing now it's off the sale page. I may bow out soon I can't deal with this, last night again before bed I tried planting crops I couldn't do it so I just gave up.

mysticalfairy320
02-22-18, 05:44 PM
This is the one I'm using, my android users is this the one your using? It says hasn't been updated since 02/08/17 but I get all the new events.

MystiqueRealm
02-22-18, 07:11 PM
I'm on android mine says last updated Nov 9, 2017 version 1.8.0.1g original land before dragons app

mysticalfairy320
02-22-18, 09:35 PM
When I go on my computer it says Nov 2017 too I don't know if that makes a difference. I just un/reinstall 2nd time today it's ok right now but not sure if it will last....

violetfarm105
03-05-18, 03:51 PM
I have lost so many runes & diamonds that I have collected from the habitats as the game happens to crash & go back to just before collecting them. The coins reset but not the runes or the diamonds. Extremely frustrated right now. I can no longer expand as I already am at the max again. I suspect this event will be the last event I will be able to participate in. I’m not going to sell habitats I bought or animals I earned. This gsme is supposed to be relaxing not stress inducing. I used to really love this game. Not sure why I am still playing. Ugh. Sorry for the rant.

JustKay
03-09-18, 12:58 PM
The game's just getting too big. 2 gigs plus on disk, and my forest isn't even super busy. I still have space to write messages with my decorations and display all my trophies.

We need to have the ability to put animals and habitats into storage/stable. I used to keep playing on an iphone4 until about a year ago by keeping any eggs unhatched and very few premium habitats (fewer images in memory). This was clearly counter to the goal of the game.

mysticalfairy320
03-13-18, 07:29 AM
Mine says Nov 9 17 update now but ever since I uninstall/reinstalled I can't play like i use to. Everyday I have to uninstall / reinstall so I can play for a couple minutes after that it just keeps crashing I have tons of space on my phone I just don't know what to do anymore :(

Puss5678
01-24-19, 10:46 AM
Hello.

I'm sure you've heard all this before but the game still keeps constantly crashing.

It crashes when I visit the community or neighbours.

It's been doing this ever since IOS 10 came out.

I play on Ipad Air IOS 12.1.3.

Please sort this out.

Rynetory2
01-24-19, 06:14 PM
Looks like you are having issue for both Dragon and Fantasy Forest Stories, please contact Support via support form (http://support.storm8.com/hc/en-us/requests/new) so an agent can check your games.

Puss5678
07-09-19, 08:56 AM
Hello again.

This has been bugging me a bit.

Why does my game crash on my iPad but not on my iPhone?

They both have the same iOS (12.3.1). The only time the game doesn't crash on my iPad is during mining only.

Why is this?

Rynetory2
08-03-19, 07:22 AM
Hello again.

This has been bugging me a bit.

Why does my game crash on my iPad but not on my iPhone?

They both have the same iOS (12.3.1). The only time the game doesn't crash on my iPad is during mining only.

Why is this?

If both devices are using the same network, then it's very likely because of the device itself, device processor chip and resources. See Device Performance section in Chapter What can I do to resolve my game issue in Main Guide.

kanajunroses
02-19-20, 09:15 PM
Started crashing after visiting each neighbours. If I don't Visit, game crashes a lot less.

Jynxter
03-07-20, 02:20 PM
I am having major issues with Fantasy Forest and Dragon Story. I log in, collect some coins, and the games crash. They are both unplayable. Please help. Thank you.

gridgirl
10-02-20, 06:37 PM
Having major issues with crashing. I’m playing in iOS. I have the latest update. I force close other apps. But it crashes regularly, no matter what I’m doing in the game. Collect from farms... crash. Collect from habitat... crash. Battleground... crash. Watch videos for bonuses... I get ALL THE WAY THROUGH and it tries to give the reward and then... crash.

Paul__
10-03-20, 12:51 PM
Having major issues with crashing. I’m playing in iOS. I have the latest update. I force close other apps. But it crashes regularly, no matter what I’m doing in the game. Collect from farms... crash. Collect from habitat... crash. Battleground... crash. Watch videos for bonuses... I get ALL THE WAY THROUGH and it tries to give the reward and then... crash.

Hi there,

What device are you on?