PDA

View Full Version : Great Danebow - - 3/13/15

ArcadiaTofu
03-13-15, 11:40 AM
Electric-Water Limited.

21hrs.

Super Rare.

Took about 8 tries with Unicorn x Hippogryph to get it, so good luck everyone!
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36232258/Photo%20Mar%2013%2C%201%2033%2020%20PM.png

Drachenia
03-13-15, 12:02 PM
Hi, I've bought Great Danebow, because I get a Crystal Unicorn with breeding, Crystal Unicorn/Crystal Unicorn get

readysetgo888
03-13-15, 12:04 PM
Oh good, this is a one week super rare. This is excellent news... because I don't care at all if I get it and it means that the next (hopefully) cooler/better animals shouldn't also be one week limiteds.

Yep... sooooo glad the shark is the tournament prize and this is the one week limited. Happy, happy, happy to be wrong! :)

dancingsnickerdoodle
03-13-15, 12:11 PM
Just got 21 hrs on 1st try (still trying for Pygmy! )
Used Conduktor (electric & water) & Frostfang (water)

Vodelle
03-13-15, 12:18 PM
Thanks for telling us how many tries it took you, Arcadia. :)

Not really interested in this animal, but I guess I can try for it. Water/electric is giving me horrible flashbacks...

readysetgo888
03-13-15, 01:17 PM
Oh so the reward for getting one is only 5 gems. I guess we are off the trend of them giving out many more gems for breeding certain animals, and back down to an insignificant number of gems like the earliest goals were. I guess the goals are mostly just to let us know that the animal is there, but I really liked the 20 gem rewards a lot better. They were more motivating.

zenobia42
03-13-15, 01:35 PM
Oh so the reward for getting one is only 5 gems. I guess we are off the trend of them giving out many more gems for breeding certain animals, and back down to an insignificant number of gems like the earliest goals were. I guess the goals are mostly just to let us know that the animal is there, but I really liked the 20 gem rewards a lot better. They were more motivating.

They WERE motivating. Sad they're gone.

zenobia42
03-13-15, 03:23 PM
I'm getting really tired of these electric-water limiteds. Menoram, Confetti Yeti, now this one. 13 to 22-hour fails. My first is a 17:01 fail. What do you want to bet that with the new bomb earning method they tried to explain off as though it was always that way (when it absolutely positively was NOT), I'll never get more than 2 bombs for my 13 or my 17 hour fails. :(

Vodelle
03-13-15, 03:45 PM
I'm getting really tired of these electric-water limiteds. Menoram, Confetti Yeti, now this one. 13 to 22-hour fails. My first is a 17:01 fail. What do you want to bet that with the new bomb earning method they tried to explain off as though it was always that way (when it absolutely positively was NOT), I'll never get more than 2 bombs for my 13 or my 17 hour fails. :(
yo yo yo join the 17h 1st fail club! <3

I literally tried 50x for menoram & yeti combined and didn't get either (or even a hippogryph) so... bring it, I guess. :p

Hawksmoor
03-13-15, 04:37 PM
I've only had 13 hr fails so far. Nothing else. Ugh

Doompicnic
03-13-15, 05:45 PM
I've only had 13 hr fails so far. Nothing else. Ugh

I know how you feel. I'm about to give up. It's just too frustrating. Lost it's fun.

Edit opps sorry this was supposed to be in the Tournament thread...but I'm sure I won't get this animal as well :P

PernReloaded
03-13-15, 05:54 PM
Okay, so I'm willing to give this one a shot. It's too pretty not to.

First attempt: Falconch.

matiasabad94
03-13-15, 05:55 PM
1st Attempt: Falconch
2nd Attempt: Hippogryph (my first ever, so yay)

keller63
03-13-15, 06:51 PM
Yeah falconch on first attempt here too. Wanted to use unicorn and water/electric to see if it did me good with my odds, but so afraid to get a 45 hour timer. Worst thing to do in timed moments >.<

zenobia42
03-13-15, 07:13 PM
Sped my first 17-hour fail to get... another 17-hour fail. :(

congrats on the hippogryph, matias. :)

ETA: keller, I'm actually hoping for a 45-hour timer MORE than I'm hoping for a great danebow. I don't have either of the ultras that could result in pairing a unicorn with electric-water and I want each of those 10x more than I want this guy.

Hawksmoor
03-14-15, 05:13 AM
Omg after ONLY ... fails, I just got a 21 hr timer using lightning leopard and Frostfang. I think this was try 12 or 13. Good luck to all still trying.

JanineQuinty
03-14-15, 06:51 AM
I got a 17 hour fail with Leopard and Frostfang...what Will That be? Any ideas??

Vodelle
03-14-15, 06:52 AM
I got a 17 hour fail with Leopard and Frostfang...what Will That be? Any ideas??

That's a Falconch.

JanineQuinty
03-14-15, 07:28 AM
That's a Falconch.

Thanks! Cool, I don't have it yet 😃

zenobia42
03-14-15, 08:25 AM
A running tally of how tyring for this is going for me:

17-hour fail
17-hour fail
13-hour fail

Sorry if my list is hard to read. While everyone else is allowed to post the names of their fails in threads about trying to get an animal despite it supposedly being against the rules, I am not, so I'm trying to post in a way that is understandable without using any animal name other than the Great Danebow, Great Danebow, Great Danebow. Anyway, I don't think anyone else has to worry - I see it dozens of times a day from other people who don't get in trouble. It's just me. Sorry if it makes it more difficult to read my posts that talk about fails.

keller63
03-14-15, 08:50 AM
Sped my first 17-hour fail to get... another 17-hour fail. :(

congrats on the hippogryph, matias. :)

ETA: keller, I'm actually hoping for a 45-hour timer MORE than I'm hoping for a great danebow. I don't have either of the ultras that could result in pairing a unicorn with electric-water and I want each of those 10x more than I want this guy.

hehe, i dont either, i want the citrine dont want the water one, hate it. but on a different note after my first attempt, my falconch, i got 22hours, a nice hippogryph coming for me :)

Drachenia
03-14-15, 11:18 AM
Oh I wanted a 2 Great Danebow, have breeding with Sapphire Cthulhu / Citrine Peregrin get Falconch this accelerated and accelerated Conducktor. I breed again Sapphire Cthulhu /Citrine Peregrin I have get 45 Hours

I get Sapphire Cthulhu or Citrine Peregrin wonderful :D

Hawksmoor
03-14-15, 11:29 AM

17-hour fail
17-hour fail
13-hour fail

Sorry if my list is hard to read. While everyone else is allowed to post the names of their fails in threads about trying to get an animal despite it supposedly being against the rules, I am not, so I'm trying to post in a way that is understandable without using any animal name other than the Great Danebow, Great Danebow, Great Danebow. Anyway, I don't think anyone else has to worry - I see it dozens of times a day from other people who don't get in trouble. It's just me. Sorry if it makes it more difficult to read my posts that talk about fails.

Really? Sorry zen. In solidarity with you I have edited my post and removed mention of the "unspeakable" non-Great Danebow name :-)

RorJam
03-14-15, 12:17 PM
Was really discouraged when it was first released and I wasted my gems trying for it. I did set a limit to my speed breeding though but I always fall for the "trap". But after a bad night of sleep lol, and work this morning I got the tourney completed and hatched then bingo got 21 hr timer :)

sweetdeda
03-14-15, 12:49 PM
Congrats Rorjam on both completing the tournament and getting great danebow!

pinkapplejam
03-14-15, 01:27 PM
How does everyone seem to have soooo many gems and food r ppl buying them?

Buttercup0001
03-14-15, 02:42 PM
1st try = 13 hrs fail
2nd try = 22 hrs not a fail as I don't have a hippogryph. ......yay and cool (pretty sure thats it) as this is my 1st s/r electric/water

reddog7281
03-14-15, 03:51 PM
I am confused I have been trying to get unicorn with one but have not I managed to get another danebow though. Why do you mean you get unicorn by breeding.

keller63
03-14-15, 04:02 PM

17-hour fail
17-hour fail
13-hour fail

i feel for you, its absolutely stupid that they act **** about it especially as its related. ive not been told anything, (although i might be on this one) but i honestly dont care. it might be because you do, do alot of the stuff and post very often and tbh. right now, we are getting off of topic from the creature even discussing the fact its sickening the double standards or what not.

i personally feel it isnt off topic saying about how many fails you got what they were or whatever when trying for the creature in question. in fact its more informative then anything. but meh, some people are just plain stupid or unreasonable and you get that everywhere -.-

anyway, still not got my DANEBOW yet, still got that 2nd fail in the breed and 1st in the nest. just thought i would bring it back to 'topic' DANEBOW

itdragson
03-14-15, 04:36 PM
Got with 2 Unicorns?

zenobia42
03-14-15, 08:37 PM
Thanks for the support, everyone. <3

So far for me:
17-hour fail
17-hour fail
13-hour fail
13-hour fail
13-hour fail

Every try is with the unicorn on one side and I've tried most of my electric-water animals on the other. Still actually hoping much more for a 45-hour timer than this 21-hour Great Danebow one.

sweetdeda
03-14-15, 08:59 PM
Attempt 1: 17 new to me
Attempt 2: 13 new to me
Attempt 3: 17
Attempt 4: 13

I'm seeing a pattern :)

EviBrooklyn
03-14-15, 09:28 PM
if there's no other 21 hour water-electric animal, then I got him
Menoram with leopard
I think I'll keep trying for a second one after this as I really like this animal

sweetdeda
03-14-15, 09:40 PM
Congrats EviBrooklyn!

EviBrooklyn
03-14-15, 09:42 PM
Congrats EviBrooklyn!

Thank you !!
Hope everyone gets this one soon

PernReloaded
03-14-15, 10:05 PM
Running Tally:

Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch
Attempt 5 - Conducktor
Attempt 6 - Conducktor

It took me three solid weeks of breeding to get any super rare at all with this combo. If this goes out and I haven't bred it, /on top/ of losing the Land Shark, it might be the push to get me to quit. I've been screwed quite soundly on the breed rates for these for ALL of the limited animals to come out this month and last month. None of the Valentine animals, no Mardi Claw....

If you might as well not try, then what's the point?

reddog7281
03-14-15, 10:07 PM
Menoram with leopard
I think I'll keep trying for a second one after this as I really like this animal

I got a second one by breeding my first one with the new giraffe so if you have one of each try it but do the danebow first than giraffe in that order. I was trying for a unicorn and got my second danebow. Good luck with it.

JanineQuinty
03-14-15, 10:33 PM
1fail; conducktor
2fail; falconch (but don't have it, a good fail)
3 try; 21 hours!!! ��������

EviBrooklyn
03-14-15, 10:36 PM
I got a second one by breeding my first one with the new giraffe so if you have one of each try it but do the danebow first than giraffe in that order. I was trying for a unicorn and got my second danebow. Good luck with it.

Thanks. I'll definety try that combo

sweetypies97
03-15-15, 03:33 AM
I'm giving up on the Pygmy giraffe for a while to try for this. So is my 14 year old son! I'm still smarting from the endless parade of 13 and 17 hour fails from the confetti yeti breeding season which resulted in nothing but disappointment. I'm really hoping that my luck is better this time. :(

Our attempts:

Me:
13 hour fail

Son:
17 hour fail

LonePudding
03-15-15, 04:06 AM
First try resulted in 13 hrs for me.

sanya87
03-15-15, 05:51 AM
Yay, got it on my first try with falconch and leopard :) before that i have tried dark with water-electric since i am missing mardi claws too but didn't manage to get him or danebow. So i decided to try this way and it worked, so happy since i had really bad luck before and missed on confetti yeti :(

sweetdeda
03-15-15, 07:07 AM
Attempt 5 21 hour!! I got it! Lightning leopard and Falconch.

willgb09
03-15-15, 07:25 AM
I got him on my second try with Lightning leopard and frostfang! Good luck to those still trying :)

RorJam
03-15-15, 09:23 AM
For me only three times did I get a super rare from breeding unicorn and a super rare or breeding 4 elements together and for my treasure technically it's 3 elements lol so twice and they were both fails for the animal I was trying for the Storm Sphynx and the Gargolem. Every other animal was bred through common like panda and leopard or whatever but others have better luck :). I was really surprised I got the Great Danebow :). Good luck everyone!

Drachenia
03-15-15, 09:26 AM
I am confused I have been trying to get unicorn with one but have not I managed to get another danebow though. Why do you mean you get unicorn by breeding.

Hello do you mean me, I not get Crystal Unicorn. I get the Citrine Peregrin or Sapphire Cthulhu :D

Vodelle
03-15-15, 10:21 AM
So far:

3/13: Crystal Unicorn x Falconch = 17h, Falconch (r)
3/14: Crystal Unicorn x Falconch = 13h, Conducktor (c)
3/15: Crystal Unicorn x Falconch = 17h, Falconch (r)

However, I've been interspersing my breedings with hatching other eggs. For example, I hatched the winter wolverine from forever ago and I might put in the land shark to hatch before I move the falconch over. I realize this is a one-week limited but I don't care too much if I miss it, so I may as well take this opportunity to hatch some things.

AkiYoshii
03-15-15, 10:26 AM
Attempt number 6 now. I've had 5 conducktors but at least I have a hippogryph now.

MaribouMay
03-15-15, 11:02 AM
Attempt number 6 now. I've had 5 conducktors but at least I have a hippogryph now.

Same for me. I just put my first Hippogryph on the nest and am breeding another Conducktor.

rjazz
03-15-15, 01:44 PM
Just hatched a 13 hour, put a 13 hour on the nest and bred another 13 hour--no luck with this one yet.

reddog7281
03-15-15, 03:20 PM
Yeah falconch on first attempt here too. Wanted to use unicorn and water/electric to see if it did me good with my odds, but so afraid to get a 45 hour timer. Worst thing to do in timed moments >.<

I would love to get a 45 hour timer. I got one danebow and breeding it with unicorn 4 times and each time got danebow so now I have four.

reddog7281
03-15-15, 03:25 PM
Menoram with leopard

Evibrooklyn do you have a unicorn if so breed unicorn and danebow you will get another I have gotten four with formula not trying for that though tring for gem animal.

reddog7281
03-15-15, 03:29 PM
Hello do you mean me, I not get Crystal Unicorn. I get the Citrine Peregrin or Sapphire Cthulhu :D

Ok thanks for response either one of them would be great for me so did you breed unicorn with great danebow?

reddog7281
03-15-15, 03:32 PM
Evibrooklyn do you have a unicorn if so breed unicorn and danebow you will get another I have gotten four with formula not trying for that though tring for gem animal.

Evibrooklyn I have gotten one with giraffe and two by breeding it with unicorn try either formula hope it works for you. Good luck. I just wanted to clarify that I may have confused some people.

LonePudding
03-15-15, 03:53 PM
2nd fail is 17:01..getting closer...

EviBrooklyn
03-15-15, 04:36 PM
Evibrooklyn I have gotten one with giraffe and two by breeding it with unicorn try either formula hope it works for you. Good luck. I just wanted to clarify that I may have confused some people.

I'll try both ways. Thanks a lot for your input

matiasabad94
03-15-15, 04:58 PM
Just got my SECOND Hippogryph in a row. I don't usually keep doubles but this one is so pretty... I don't know.

zenobia42
03-15-15, 06:14 PM
Just got my SECOND Hippogryph in a row. I don't usually keep doubles but this one is so pretty... I don't know.

I got a second of those right after getting my first. I have kept it, as a baby, ever since. He looks nothing like the adult so it's almost like not having a duplicate. :)

While on the subject, I just tried for this guy using hippogryph and unicorn. Another 17:01. :(

So far for me:
17:01 fail
13:00 fail

I swear I always get more rare fails while there is a limited animal possibility. Just to force us to deal with longer fail times. Sigh.

CoodieBug
03-15-15, 08:12 PM
Running Tally:

Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch

It took me three solid weeks of breeding to get any super rare at all with this combo. If this goes out and I haven't bred it, /on top/ of losing the Land Shark, it might be the push to get me to quit. I've been screwed quite soundly on the breed rates for these for ALL of the limited animals to come out this month and last month. None of the Valentine animals, no Mardi Claw....

If you might as well not try, then what's the point?

I know what you mean--since smitten kitten I have not been able to breed anything after about 95 attempts-- before that I had no luck with retriever , razorback, citrine etc. They expect us to break the bank to get them--I have a limit to my being a sucker

AuntyRose32
03-15-15, 08:21 PM
17:01, I hate this timer so much. I want to cry when I see it.

CoodieBug
03-15-15, 08:26 PM
I know what you mean--since smitten kitten I have not been able to breed anything after about 95 attempts-- before that I had no luck with retriever , razorback, citrine etc. They expect us to break the bank to get them--I have a limit to my being a sucker

It just dawned on me--we are having more trouble breeding ever since they've been selling select animals more often!!!! Definitely makes me not want to buy any after trying so hard at breeding them........ X !

sweetypies97
03-15-15, 10:44 PM
I'm giving up on the Pygmy giraffe for a while to try for this. So is my 14 year old son! I'm still smarting from the endless parade of 13 and 17 hour fails from the confetti yeti breeding season which resulted in nothing but disappointment. I'm really hoping that my luck is better this time. :(

Our attempts:

Me:
13 hour fail
13 hour fail

Son:
17 hour fail
13 hour fail

adding attempt

esmeetje1990
03-16-15, 02:44 AM
Wow, I got this on my 4th try! And luckily only Conduktor fails before that. I used Frostfang and Lightning Leopard, as usual only the basic elements.

Good luck to everyone still trying!

FigmentValley
03-16-15, 05:11 AM
21 hour breeding. 1 bomb.

flowless
03-16-15, 06:05 AM
First try got me my third sapphire Cthulhu ( second time I get it first try with unicorn and anything blue

Second try 13 hour timer ( Rock and frost fang )

Third finally got it 21 hour timer ( menoram & confetti)

EviBrooklyn
03-16-15, 06:31 AM
First try got me my third sapphire Cthulhu ( second time I get it first try with unicorn and anything blue

Congrats flowless :)

zenobia42
03-16-15, 08:15 AM

Congrats! Though with many people still not getting it after twice as many or more attempts, I wouldn't say getting in on attempt #3 warrants a "finally." For a super rare with limited breeding odds, getting it in only 3 tries is extremely lucky!

And THREE cthulhus?! I am officially St. Patty's green with envy at your breeding luck. The ONLY gem hybrids I have EVER managed to breed have been during the brief 100% odds chances they gave us. I have NEVER managed to breed even ONE gem hybrid with normal odds. I hope you know how extremely lucky you are!!! :)

chippychan
03-16-15, 08:27 AM
So far I'm just getting 13 and 17 hour eggs. I don't want to call them 'fails' since I didn't have either of these animals before making these attempts so at least I got them. :)

Congrats to the lucky ones and good luck to those of us still trying!

tuffyjkitten
03-16-15, 09:22 AM

Same thing happened to me with a 23 hr Zapra. Posted it in a different thread. Apparently no one who has the ability to do anything about it cares. :(

rjazz
03-16-15, 09:35 AM
I've from the 13 hours back to the 17.02's sigh!

kooky panda
03-16-15, 10:04 AM
Better than me, I received zero when I hatched and moved the egg to my nest!

I think I had 4 in my inventory before hatching, but not 100% sure so I am having my game checked.

(reported)

Vodelle
03-16-15, 10:29 AM
Okay, well maybe they'll listen if you report it, kooky. It's been literally a month since this issue popped up.

sweetypies97
03-16-15, 01:32 PM

Our attempts:

Me:
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
13 hour fail

Son:
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail

adding attempt

xxxe
03-16-15, 02:08 PM
I haven't posted in awhile because I have been so annoyed with this game. I just went and counted and I have gotten 46 fails in a row trying for multiple things. The last time I got something new was the day the Mardi Claw was released because I got him the first day. This is why I haven't been playing this game much anymore..

KatiesIslands
03-16-15, 02:46 PM
Better than me, I received zero when I hatched and moved the egg to my nest!

I think I had 4 in my inventory before hatching, but not 100% sure so I am having my game checked.

(reported)

I am glad you reported it. I, too, got one bomb for 21 hours. They are SO scarce as it is -but that is just plain WRONG.

Crr008
03-16-15, 02:52 PM
My child got it with Level 15 Lightning Leopard and Level 4 confetti yeti. No luck on my account so far.

rjazz
03-16-15, 04:07 PM
Just got 21 hour timer with Yeti & falconch! Yay!

KatiesIslands
03-16-15, 08:00 PM
7 hour. No bombs.

CoodieBug
03-16-15, 08:11 PM
It just dawned on me--we are having more trouble breeding ever since they've been selling select animals more often!!!! Definitely makes me not want to buy any after trying so hard at breeding them........ X !

I'm definitely on TL's sh--t list!!! I bought (stupid me) 10.00 worth of gems to speed breed today for Dane and got 1 animal I needed (hypo graph) but nothing else. I'm giving up on these limited animals--

PernReloaded
03-16-15, 08:23 PM
7 hour. No bombs.

How did you get seven hours trying for this? What combo are you using?

Adding ~yet another~ fail to my list.

Running Tally:

Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch
Attempt 5 - Conducktor
Attempt 6 - Conducktor

Edit: Attempt 7 - Conducktor

jsburas
03-17-15, 12:34 AM
When will this animal expire?

RLrox
03-17-15, 02:19 AM
I don't hold out much hope of getting this...my luck with limiteds is abysmal!

sweetypies97
03-17-15, 04:38 AM
copying old post, adding attempt:

Our attempts:

Me:
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail

Son:
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
13 hour fail

EviBrooklyn
03-17-15, 04:41 AM
When will this animal expire?

Probably friday

imimxo
03-17-15, 07:31 AM
I was trying to get a Crystal Unicorn by breeding Fire Glider (Lightning + Fire) and Rainguin (Water + Earth) and i got this one instead! Now i have to wait another 21 hours ._. ...

PernReloaded
03-17-15, 12:12 PM
Running Tally:

Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch
Attempt 5 - Conducktor
Attempt 6 - Conducktor
Attempt 7 - Conducktor

And Attempt 8 - Conduktor

This feels exactly like Confetti Yeti.

EDIT: Attempt 9 - Conducktor
Attempt 10 - Conducktor

Buttercup0001
03-17-15, 05:00 PM
Running Tally:

Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch
Attempt 5 - Conducktor
Attempt 6 - Conducktor
Attempt 7 - Conducktor

And Attempt 8 - Conduktor

This feels exactly like Confetti Yeti.

Same here.....its so disheartening.....not enjoying breeding fails...I've just got another 17hr fail that followed four 13hr fails.

PernReloaded
03-17-15, 05:08 PM
Same here.....its so disheartening.....not enjoying breeding fails...I've just got another 17hr fail that followed four 13hr fails.
I have to admit, saying it feels like Confetti Yeti is mildly misleading on my part. I actually got CY after three weeks. Two of them before it went out. But Menoram? I was breeding for that the whole while, since the day it came out, and failed to get it in the month+ it was out. But I managed 2 CYs and three Hyppogryphs.

But I've noticed that the drop rates are brutal in this game as compared to, say, DS. I managed multiple rares/super rares with the same common-rare-super rare status, even breeding the same two colors over and over for two weeks. FFS? Not /nearly/ so easy.

CoodieBug
03-17-15, 07:41 PM

No kidding --I'm going on close to 100 fails for Dane--there's something wrong with this picture--gone through another cache of gems lightning/frostfang repeatedly with a few other combos thrown in for spice-nothing works--I feel TL is making a farce of this game now--just basically deciding to loose interest in it now--they're hoping we develop an addiction to it I guess--what a joke!!

keller63
03-17-15, 07:52 PM
Hasn't come to mine yet, I keep messing up with the parings, I keep forgetting what two I had in the nest so I'm sure I keep mixing up the parents but its still always water/lightning. Had 3 fails since my nice SR fail, 17 and 2 13 -.- such looooong fails, there is no real need for them to be this long -.- sigh

Crr008
03-17-15, 08:17 PM
Finally got this with Menoram and Confetti Yeti, on third or fourth try.

sweetypies97
03-17-15, 09:53 PM

Our attempts:

Me:
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
21 hours!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! I can't believe I got him!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy - after missing out on the confetti yeti and matripony I am so excited! Crystal unicorn x falconch.

Son:
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
17 hour fail

matiasabad94
03-17-15, 10:06 PM
After 6 failed attempts (2 Hippogryphs and 4 Falconchs) I finally got it!

PernReloaded
03-17-15, 11:38 PM
No kidding --I'm going on close to 100 fails for Dane--there's something wrong with this picture--gone through another cache of gems lightning/frostfang repeatedly with a few other combos thrown in for spice-nothing works--I feel TL is making a farce of this game now--just basically deciding to loose interest in it now--they're hoping we develop an addiction to it I guess--what a joke!!
Once you've hit the purchase price in terms of spending gems, there's absolutely no value in continuing to breed - you should simply purchase it outright. While the accomplished feeling for breeding an animal and having that success is part of the 'fun' of the game, you've hit a huge wasted value on it.

I'm breeding because I've never collected enough gems to purchase an animal, otherwise I would have just gotten this one in the shop.

FallenH
03-17-15, 11:51 PM
too many fails for me :((
anyone willing to swap Dane for 60m coins or 100k food *chuckles* ^_____^ hopefully i will get this beautiful creature soon lol

sweetdeda
03-18-15, 01:58 AM
too many fails for me :((
anyone willing to swap Dane for 60m coins or 100k food *chuckles* ^_____^ hopefully i will get this beautiful creature soon lol
I might consider it for 60m! Lol. Good luck, I hope you get him.

readysetgo888
03-18-15, 07:14 AM
Three Conducktors and four Falconchs for me... but sure, they're rare :rolleyes: Surely they don't mess with the odds when a limited animal is out....

icysnowz
03-18-15, 09:19 AM
Finally got this with leopard and falconch after uncountable fails! Good luck!! :)

GC5410
03-18-15, 05:27 PM
I have a 21 hour timer finally - took 12-14 tries, but considering I've tried non-stop (Plus some speeding) for the last 5 limiteds and not got any of them, that's pretty good!

monkeymerlin
03-18-15, 05:31 PM
Best photo ever! Can't believe I'm this excited over an ipad game Yay
Took the plunge and bought some gems

Oops forgot to say - Hippogryph (10) + Spruce Moose (9) for my Danebow

chippychan
03-18-15, 05:51 PM
Best photo ever! Can't believe I'm this excited over an ipad game Yay
Took the plunge and bought some gems

Oops forgot to say - Hippogryph (10) + Spruce Moose (9) for my Danebow

Congrats on your amazing luck!

PernReloaded
03-18-15, 11:58 PM
Running Tally:

Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch
Attempt 5 - Conducktor
Attempt 6 - Conducktor
Attempt 7 - Conducktor
Attempt 8 - Conducktor
Attempt 9 - Conducktor
Attempt 10 - Conducktor
Attempt 11 - Conducktor

EviBrooklyn
03-19-15, 01:56 AM
Running Tally:

Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch
Attempt 5 - Conducktor
Attempt 6 - Conducktor
Attempt 7 - Conducktor
Attempt 8 - Conducktor
Attempt 9 - Conducktor
Attempt 10 - Conducktor
Attempt 11 - Conducktor

Wow that's annoying.
I usually breed the same pair over and over, but I do switch if my 4th or 5th try is the same failed animal

elvos85
03-19-15, 03:14 AM
I
Running Tally:

Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch
Attempt 5 - Conducktor
Attempt 6 - Conducktor
Attempt 7 - Conducktor
Attempt 8 - Conducktor
Attempt 9 - Conducktor
Attempt 10 - Conducktor
Attempt 11 - Conducktor

I also get the same result.. Keep on getting 13 and 17 hours fail for this week !! My family member also get the same result.. Not even a super rare animal !! Really fed up with this stupid random game !

chippychan
03-19-15, 04:39 AM
Only 20 hours left for the goal, looks like I won't be getting this one. Only 13 and 17 hour eggs on both my accounts. At least give me a Hippogryph for my troubles instead of these same 2. :rolleyes:

Oh well. I have one more chance before the timer runs out on this one.

Good luck to those of us still trying. :)

PernReloaded
03-19-15, 04:56 AM
Wow that's annoying.
I usually breed the same pair over and over, but I do switch if my 4th or 5th try is the same failed animal
I've been switching up between Frostfang x Lightning Leopard, Hyppogryph x either frostfang or Lightning, pretty much any other combo I can make. Nothing.

sweetypies97
03-19-15, 05:22 AM

Our attempts:

Me:
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
21 hours!!!! OMG!!!!!!!! I can't believe I got him!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy - after missing out on the confetti yeti and matripony I am so excited! Crystal unicorn x falconch.

Going back to trying for a Pygmy giraffe now.

Son:
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
17 hour fail
13 hour fail

SuzieQ477
03-19-15, 06:01 AM
I finally got this with Crystal Unicorn and Hippogryph both level 10. Not enough time to get the gems from the goal though.

Vodelle
03-19-15, 08:24 AM
Nothing on my end.

I'm not too surprised - water/electric seems to be my kryptonite, as I tried 50x for both the menoram and confetti yeti and didn't get either - nor did I even get a hippogryph (and usually normal SRs are easier to get when limiteds are about!). Oh well.

zenobia42
03-19-15, 08:51 AM
Great Danebow!!!

ninasidstorm8
03-19-15, 08:58 AM
Great Danebow!!!

Congratulations

kestrelcatcher
03-19-15, 10:01 AM
I believe I just got this! I used Citrine and Falconch, and got 21 hour breed time!

tygerlynx
03-19-15, 10:38 AM
So sad I'm missing out on this one :( Bred for it all week. Just had a 13 hour fail with 14 hours left in the challenge. I do have 5 gems left (I know, sad haha) so maybe I can have one more chance.

kestrelcatcher
03-19-15, 11:57 AM
So very sorry, Tygerlynx :( I hope you get this one!!!

RLrox
03-19-15, 12:18 PM
Well gee,I didn't get this limited. What a surprise, seeing as the last limited I managed to get (apart from love dove) was the unicornicopia. Not for want of trying (and wasting gems speed breeding). This game is really starting to lose it's appeal for me now :(

CoodieBug
03-19-15, 02:19 PM
I'm definitely on TL's sh--t list!!! I bought (stupid me) 10.00 worth of gems to speed breed today for Dane and got 1 animal I needed (hypo graph) but nothing else. I'm giving up on these limited animals--

I keep reminding myself about my stupidity regarding spending money on trying to breed limiteds(fruitlessly). I think I finally believe it!!! TL keeps burning their bridges!

CoodieBug
03-19-15, 02:24 PM
It wouldn't **** TL to throw in a few more Danes--they might even repair their PR--!! Haha

AuntyRose32
03-19-15, 02:24 PM
Nothing but Falconch and Conducktor for me. This is turning out as bad as trying for Confetti Yeti for me :/

MaribouMay
03-19-15, 03:07 PM
Does the animal leave when the quest ends or is it just the quest ending?

TokiChunsa
03-19-15, 03:10 PM
Does the animal leave when the quest ends or is it just the quest ending?

It's limited so it's gone with the goal. I keep having conductor one after another, and 2 falconch. This isn't fair. They can't say that it's based on luck if the luck is unbalanced. That's how they make money thou, on the unfairness they give us.

MaribouMay
03-19-15, 03:20 PM
It's limited so it's gone with the goal. I keep having conductor one after another, and 2 falconch.

Thank you. Me too. My count is 2 Falconch, 10 Conducktors, and 1 Hippogryph. I won't throw away any more gems on this one. I have one more chance to breed this just a couple of hours before the goal ends and then I will happily breed a different combo.

PernReloaded
03-19-15, 03:32 PM
Attempt 1 - Falconch
Attempt 2 - Conducktor
Attempt 3 - Conducktor
Attempt 4 - Falconch
Attempt 5 - Conducktor
Attempt 6 - Conducktor
Attempt 7 - Conducktor
Attempt 8 - Conducktor
Attempt 9 - Conducktor
Attempt 10 - Conducktor
Attempt 11 - Conducktor

Adding Attempt 12 - Conduktor

And that calls it for my playing this game. I'm d.o.n.e.

luna2cute
03-19-15, 03:48 PM
I didn't get it either. Conductors and falconchs. Very disappointed that it's limited.

Monkeh2369
03-19-15, 04:24 PM
Yet another limited animal I didn't get either.

dangerb0y
03-19-15, 08:03 PM
I got it but won't complete the goal with 4 hours left.

Buttercup0001
03-19-15, 08:11 PM
Well thats another limited animal I didnt get. Nothing but conducktors & falconch. Did manage to breed 2 hippogryphs. I had a last attempt at breeding it in the dying hours and zilch. Goodbye Great Danebow, you were a great pain in the proverbial trying to breed you.

keller63
03-19-15, 08:18 PM
****!! Second hippogryph :( no doggy

AuntyRose32
03-19-15, 08:34 PM
Another limited animal bites the dust for me. Water and Electric seem to be broken on my isle, I have no luck with them. I really like this little guy but I refuse to use gems to speed up for more breeding attempts or to buy him, limited animals seem to be more about the money and less about the joy of successfully breeding one through hard work and dedication to the game.
He'll probably be available to purchase in a package deal in a few weeks for $14.99, I won't be buying him at that price either. $5 yes, $15 no.

Sorry to all those who won't get him and congrats to the people who managed to bag this cutie.

sweetypies97
03-19-15, 10:37 PM

Our attempts:

Me:
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail

Son:
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
21 hours!

I can't believe we both got it! And rather easily at that. If only our luck would cross over to the Pygmy giraffe! ;)

chippychan
03-20-15, 04:45 AM
@ sweetypies97, So glad to hear your son finally got it too! He deserves it after such persistence. :)

Well, finally got a 21 hour timer on my second account last night. I was pretty surprised as I was SURE it was going to be another failed attempt. It seems my 2nd account has all the luck; it got the kitten, dove & pony from the valentine event too (while my main account only got the kitten). Oh well, at least I have *one* lucky forest.

I'm going to try one last time this morning on my main since it's still in the market place.

zenobia42
03-20-15, 08:02 AM

Our attempts:

Me:
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail

Son:
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
17 hour fail
17 hour fail
13 hour fail
21 hours!

I can't believe we both got it! And rather easily at that. If only our luck would cross over to the Pygmy giraffe! ;)

Congrats to you both - that's fabulous luck to get it on both accounts! :D

tygerlynx
03-20-15, 08:16 AM
I know the challenge is over but since it's still on the market place we can still breed for it, right?

zenobia42
03-20-15, 08:17 AM
I know the challenge is over but since it's still on the market place we can still breed for it, right?

Yes - probably until 3 hours from now.

Good luck to you and anyone else giving it a last-minute try!

Vodelle
03-20-15, 08:54 AM
My last-minute try was a conducktor, so that's that. :p Congrats to everyone who got it, though!

tuffyjkitten
03-20-15, 10:02 AM
I wanted this one...but I now have a Conducktor air force to go with my armordillo army...yay?

ninasidstorm8
03-20-15, 11:10 AM
WARNING: To anyone who still wants the Great Danebow, it has been removed from the shop, so you can no longer breed it. It seems t have followed the pattern of a limited animal being removed 1/2 hour before the normal update time. The Emerald Dragon is not on sale anymore either.

PernReloaded
03-20-15, 11:16 AM
Gave it one last shot early this morning....

And got a hyppogryph.

That marks the end of my involvement in this game. I'll hatch all the animals I have in my storage, and call it a day. Too many limiteds, not enough permanent animals, and missing out on two solid months of said limiteds. It's no longer worth playing.

readysetgo888
03-20-15, 11:54 AM
No Great Dane for me either, but my interest in it, and in this game right now, is pretty low anyway.

I'm just pleased that the Mardi Claw isn't limited today either like I was afraid of... so now I can go back to trying for it.

zenobia42
03-20-15, 12:03 PM

And got a hyppogryph.

That marks the end of my involvement in this game. I'll hatch all the animals I have in my storage, and call it a day. Too many limiteds, not enough permanent animals, and missing out on two solid months of said limiteds. It's no longer worth playing.

I'll be sad to see you go but I totally get it. The game's preponderance of limited animals is pushing me away too. I'm just not over the line yet like you. :(

kuppikahvia
03-20-15, 12:06 PM

And got a hyppogryph.

Same "luck" here, with 45 mins to go I tried one last time and got a 22hr count, my 5th Hyppogryph and the 2nd in the last 48 hrs by the way /:)
So goodbye Great Dane, you would have been pretty as a baby at least.

Well, I wasn't able to breed A SINGLE Valentine creature (yep, not even the cat...) AND the last few limited have eluded me, but I got lucky with the Confetti Yeti so I won't really complain.

Vodelle
03-20-15, 12:17 PM

And got a hyppogryph.

Hey, I've bred electric/water like 60x now and still no hippogryph or SR from that combo lmao.

I'm sorry to hear that's how you feel about the game - although I kind of feel the same way. I wouldn't be surprised to see myself stop opening the app soon. :p

RLrox
03-20-15, 12:37 PM
Didn't get it. These are the limiteds I do have: scarecrow, frankenswine, harvest hedgehog,unicornicopia, Santa claws,reindeer,love dove x 2. That's it,despite trying for every single limited animal that comes out. And yes, I play regularly as I have all the world event animals (so far) and all bar two tourney animals,despite the European handicap. Can totally get why people are losing interest in the game! MASSIVE SULK!!!

sweetypies97
03-20-15, 01:14 PM
Thanks Chippychan and Zenobia. Very exciting!

luna2cute
03-20-15, 02:06 PM
Well I guess my complaint was unfounded. I didn't pay attention to the breed time and apparently had one breedng and now it's on my nest talk about waiting until the last moment!

I'm excited. I like dogs. :) sorry to those who didn't get it. I missed Matripony and am still bummed over that one. Maybe next time!

green_eyes9999
03-21-15, 07:06 PM
I am among those that werent able to breed him but I am okay with it. I am learning you can't have them all and this time I couldn't afford to buy gems to speed breed. I am thankful for the special ones I have gotten in the past and look forward to some cute Easter ones (I hope with fingers crossed) and hopefully a new cute St Pats one on Tues even though the holiday has passed.

Congrats to all of those that got the pretty boy.

Foxy_Kit
03-23-15, 03:48 AM
I honestly didnt even know it was off the market... Until i checked last night my time.

Anyhow. Am reporting that i'm in the 'did not get' basket.
My conducktors are in the basement freezer and i am all set for roasts for the rest of the year :)

MountainKingDragon
07-19-15, 06:31 AM
Waheyyyyyy finally got Great Danebow 21hrs on 3rd Attempt best of luck everyone 😄

cocauina
07-19-15, 08:29 AM
Great Danebow official thread - http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79665-Great-Danebow-REMOVED-3-13-15&highlight=great+danebow

CuteTali
07-19-15, 08:41 AM
which animals did you use to breed it?

reeisme
07-19-15, 11:39 AM
I have 4 tries and 4 fails so far. It's hard bc the fails are soooo long (17, 17, 16, 13). I really want him... second only to a crystal unicorn.

If I end up needing to buy this with gems, I will need to have a clear nest, right? Kind of a bummer. I'd rather keep trying until the last minute.

Update: I didn't get one BUT I did just get a Beever and a Hippogryph back to back with Lightning leopard and Frostfang. I'm happy with all my pretty, new electric animals!

I might buy a Danebow if I can get it before time runs out. Plus I'd also have to speed up the Beever that's on the nest. Hmm. I guess I need to go look if there's anything I want more than this... Matripony or Santa Claws maybe.

SummerNightSky
07-19-15, 12:19 PM
I have 4 tries and 4 fails so far. It's hard bc the fails are soooo long (17, 17, 16, 13). I really want him... second only to a crystal unicorn.

If I end up needing to buy this with gems, I will need to have a clear nest, right? Kind of a bummer. I'd rather keep trying until the last minute.
Yeah, you'll need a clear nest. And with waiting until the last minute, there's also the risk that these animals get pulled a little bit earlier than they were supposed to (iirc it's happened before).

Good luck to everyone breeding for this! I'm trying for one myself, first attempt was a Conducktor (didn't have).

kooky panda
07-20-15, 10:46 AM
+++ Merged threads+++

Splashy81
07-21-15, 03:57 PM
+++ Merged threads+++

How does the merge work? Does it matter if I post to the newer thread or the original? Will a post in either show up in both?

Got a Great Danebow! Super excited for the fella!

Lightning Leopard x Glacial Griffin, both at epic.