PDA

View Full Version : My own unhappiness about the new patch

fatbearsecondary
03-12-15, 02:48 PM
Since we're all posting, thought I'd add to the chorus...

When the initial mastery system dropped, I felt sure (so sure, hahahaha, what an idiot I am) that TL wouldn't screw its harder core players over. And I'm a completionist, it's in my nature. So, I started in on mastering everything there was to master. I thought to myself "it'll be nice to have all these terrible recipes already mastered, in case there's a goal to have mastery of ine of them, and there's no way they're going to retroactively reward only players who *don't* master things, that would be ridiculous."

Well, here we are, the new patch has come, and when you get one star mastery of a new recipe, you get a reward! A mastery spice! To help you master the more difficult recipes (side-eye to french dip here...) and make it through the seasonal goals. Lots and lots of mastery spice, for all those mastery levels.

But not for me. Because I already got 1-star in basically every recipe there is, before they introduced the new spice. So my 56 mastery stars just represent a *huge* waste of my time.

In conclusion, I'm an idiot. Why would I ever think that TL wouldn't gleefully screw over their customers at every turn? Why would they introduce a partial system and then introduce rewards later to specifically punish those who bought into the system early? Why do I keep playing games made by a company that works as hard as it can to rip me off with gem traps? Ah well, I guess I can always buy more mastery spice...with gems!!! Ugh, ugh, ugh.

nmishii
03-12-15, 03:23 PM
I'm an idiot too. When the mastery stars were released I decided to ignore them because I didnt want to cook the low level recipes that I cooked a zillion times when I was at a low level. And there weren't rewards for the stars. Then after the goal to master French toast I decided to master the recipes. I had 60 level 1 stars when they released the three star update. I missed out on the mastery spice and the lower level 1 requirements. For example I had 78/80 stars for meatloaf and with the update I was at 78/60.

I decided to get the one star mastery on the recipes I was working hard on initially, and now what remains are 5-7 more stars for the first 3 mushroom dishes. For the rest, I don't care about mastery anymore unless related to a goal.

What makes me even more an idiot was I was working on mastering dishes in RS and BS and crops in Farm 1, and after I mastered a whole bunch of them they added the gem reward for RS and BS and gnome in Farm. "Fooled me once, shame on you, fooled me twice, shame on me." Yep, I'm an idiot.

fatbearsecondary
03-13-15, 07:20 AM
Loll I'm glad it's not just me, I guess? I'm just sad because I'm on vacation this coming week, so that mastery spice would have come in handy to finish the goals since I won't be playing much.

VelvetRose22
03-19-15, 06:05 AM
Ok all is really no normal. First I did email to support as above here in comments, only answer I got is go to back here in forum without any explaining, today I did master my another recipe - quiche - i clicked too fast and had no chance to put poster on my wall, hoped it will be in storage of decoration, but again it is not!!!! Where are my 4 other posters for my fully mastered food??? Pls finaly answer me TL.... This is no normal, are you making fun of players???

nmishii
03-19-15, 07:55 AM
Ok all is really no normal. First I did email to support as above here in comments, only answer I got is go to back here in forum without any explaining, today I did master my another recipe - quiche - i clicked too fast and had no chance to put poster on my wall, hoped it will be in storage of decoration, but again it is not!!!! Where are my 4 other posters for my fully mastered food??? Pls finaly answer me TL.... This is no normal, are you making fun of players???

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79554-Mastery-posters-did-not-get&p=1077466#post1077466

Beecause
03-19-15, 01:32 PM
I had all the recipes on the basic stove mastered and they were sitting unused most of the time.

They added the three star to master update and I was kinda happy to have my stoves usable again.
I try not to think about the things I lost out on - water under the bridge - and my game play seems
to be ok without those rewards. Sure would have been nice to have them though.

The facebook business I DO NOT LIKE! Rendered the Quick Serves in the game a non-functioning feature.
The Street Market is also a non-functioning part (BIG PART) of the game.

It's like one of my recently uninstalled "simulated" pc games - my dude can't/won't fish & his lifetime wish is
to present the perfect aquarium. !?!?

It's like my games are broken. :(

cspencer13
03-22-15, 10:36 AM
They have terrible customer service, considering how many people obviously play real money. I've seen them answer posts in the forums and clearly they read these.........and don't comment on things that are real complaints.