PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 3/12/15 The Flower Frenzy Event!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7]

burritosprings
03-29-15, 03:52 PM
3 years in the game and you haven't got to Greselda's foundain?

There are casual players also. This isnt a race

AuntyRose32
03-29-15, 08:20 PM
Started yesterday with 2,925 and ended day fifteen with 3,122.....so 197 for yesterday. I was in city all day and was too tired to record results when I got home. Got the fourth individual prize yesterday so I was really happy with that, love those gates.

Will record today's numbers in a bit.

Started with 3,122 tulips today and ended day sixteen with 3,346 for 224 tulips collected today. Beasties did good today, crops not so good (as usual). Off to bed I go. G'night all.

fantaloonastic
03-29-15, 08:53 PM
3178 tulips. I feel like an addict! Movers coming out tomorrow, phoneline and Internet have already moved. I'm hiding my iPad to sneak in a quick harvest when I can but have to find unsecured wifi half the time to do so. In fact I'm borrowing internet right now ��

SpiritWind00
03-29-15, 09:12 PM
3178 tulips. I feel like an addict! Movers coming out tomorrow, phoneline and Internet have already moved. I'm hiding my iPad to sneak in a quick harvest when I can but have to find unsecured wifi half the time to do so. In fact I'm borrowing internet right now ��

There's no denying you are a die hard true CS addict. I'm so proud of you! Lol :)

PernReloaded
03-29-15, 09:23 PM
Made the fourth prize, have stuff to go with the poles from the second.

There's no way I'll make the fifth, but even so.... I don't have room for ~anything~ atm ;.; I need a serious long round of wisp lantern making and expansion.

farmergirl4now
03-30-15, 02:13 AM
Does anyone know if there is a reward for completing this event (besides the individual & community prizes)? Just wondering because I am having a tough time getting skunkupines to give up their tails. At this rate, I will not have enough to finish and I play quite a few times each day. Wondering what I might miss out on.

fantaloonastic
03-30-15, 03:09 AM
Now that I'm committed to this event I can't stand the thought of not making the final individual prize lol! It's going to be difficult but that makes the challenge much more fun! Ah well, at least I'll have Internet again in half a day.

queentina3
03-30-15, 04:09 AM
Does anyone know if there is a reward for completing this event (besides the individual & community prizes)? Just wondering because I am having a tough time getting skunkupines to give up their tails. At this rate, I will not have enough to finish and I play quite a few times each day. Wondering what I might miss out on.

From what we've been told, no, only the decorations are the available prizes for the event.

orleansparish
03-30-15, 04:33 AM
I'm at about 1844 or 1944. Don't remember the number. I used some gems here and there and have my garden to level 6 now. So I may finish in time to get that to level 8. For sure, I'll use gems when the clock runs down if i haven't because it's cute and I want it to be done. There has been two or three other events when i couldn't uogrsde the buildings in time. I refuse to let this be one of them!

I'm trying to remember to actually **** the animals when they come and to Plant more. I'm so focused on the conservatory and garden, plus doing trades. That I would leave my crops there for hours before collecting. I could probably have more tulips by now! Especially with six buildings!

kittensabc
03-30-15, 06:16 AM
I'm hopeing that they adjust the scale of the pond and the meadow next week, I wouldn't mind that they are deco if they were large enough to display.

aroara
03-30-15, 08:04 AM
Ho hum all done..... Now what "yawns"

CharmOfLea
03-30-15, 12:35 PM
"A fantastic field of flowers"? Really? Really?!

Most I can envision are mushrooms. It would have been fantastic if it would have dropped mushrooms. Indeed.

burritosprings
03-30-15, 12:49 PM
I'm hopeing that they adjust the scale of the pond and the meadow next week, I wouldn't mind that they are deco if they were large enough to display.

When a rocking horse poops then that will happen.. and Sir Pig grows wings and starts spinning around your kingdom like that glimmerbat.

AnniePMH
03-30-15, 02:22 PM
I've mentioned it before, but if the last community prize is not a LOT of alicorn topiaries, than I'm going to pester the devs. If they only gave one it would be a flat lie because the app description says alicorn topiariyS. !!!
not excited at all about this event, only gave a few nice and not as nice deco. lame.
badly want white path rise bush and rainbow!!

I really agree with you about white tiles, rose bush and the rainbows!:) Sadly, though, a myriad of Ali topiaries would not be much of a comfort, in my book...:(

readysetgo888
03-30-15, 02:56 PM

Absolutely nothing! Save your rat tails for something that matters. You'll be glad you did.

GiselleX16
03-30-15, 02:57 PM
I am just so grateful to be back into the game. First my ancient iTouch 5.1.1 decided to freeze and wanted me to refresh to factory settings. Eventually I made it into an Apple store to confirm that was my only option. So I held my breath, refreshed, reloaded, and yay! Castle Story was back. I merrily went along collecting tulips as quickly as possible when boom! I could no longer load the game no matter what. So I went back to the magicians at Team Lava (who had been helping all along) and asked if they could store a bunch of my stuff. They just did that and hooray! I'm back in the game. I quickly stored a ton more stuff, including almost all animals except dragons and alicorns. It also looks like some of my animations have been turned off.

So here I am again merrily collecting tulips in my clean partly empty kingdom. I'm up to 862 so will do my best in the next few days to help the community. I'm sure I'll make it to the 950 community prize but may not get whatever comes next. At least I have a lovely bird bath.

skgriffin51
03-30-15, 03:20 PM
How do you get so many tulips. I play about 7 times a day but I don't have enough energy to do crops all the time unless I do nothing but farm. The 40 energy is a joke. I need help in cracking the code. I have just over 900.

SpiritWind00
03-30-15, 03:38 PM
How do you get so many tulips. I play about 7 times a day but I don't have enough energy to do crops all the time unless I do nothing but farm. The 40 energy is a joke. I need help in cracking the code. I have just over 900.

There is no secret. It's done with a lot of conservatories and forgoing everything else..... keep in mind though, there is quite a difference is the ability of a long time L50 player who has no other goals and nothing in particular to spend energy on (and in my case, I hardly ever use up my 40) vs anyone under about L25 who has a bucket load of goals. You may find balancing getting tulips with only a couple of conservatories given flowers and crops are not very forthcoming with flowers and keeping up your normal game quite the juggle. This is quite normal :)

PernReloaded
03-30-15, 04:14 PM

A lot of the longer-term players also have things like Alicorns and Wizard Schools and other resources that give extra energy for all these goals. So keep that in mind when considering how they're all managing to collect and farm so much.

Queenzod
03-30-15, 04:21 PM
I encourage us old-timers to keep out all your conservatories for the next few days so we can be assured of getting the last community prize. I got the infamous Meadow for Ants a couple days ago, but I'm still collecting from my 10 conservatories until we're done. Some people are struggling and I'd like to help them out as much as possible. Thanks, everyone! Y'all are wonderful! Kiss, kiss, hug.

SpiritWind00
03-30-15, 06:53 PM
Don't worry QZ, I shall never give up the fight until the final moments. I have quite a few of these pretty flowers stashed away so far! :)

fantaloonastic
03-30-15, 07:17 PM
Raking in the tulips today, finally moved and have Internet again. There was much rejoicing!

MizCricket
03-30-15, 08:12 PM
3 years in the game and you haven't got to Greselda's foundain?
Nope, 3 years playing other TL games, only a few months playing CS. I'm on Android so CS is a fairly new game for me.

Queenzod
03-30-15, 08:15 PM
Don't worry QZ, I shall never give up the fight until the final moments. I have quite a few of these pretty flowers stashed away so far! :)

Yay! I knew I could count on you, SW! I'll get to 5000 tulips tonight and I know others are wracking up some pretty impressive totals. Thanks everyone!

ReinierMamaWouter
03-31-15, 01:01 AM
I encourage us old-timers to keep out all your conservatories for the next few days so we can be assured of getting the last community prize. I got the infamous Meadow for Ants a couple days ago, but I'm still collecting from my 10 conservatories until we're done. Some people are struggling and I'd like to help them out as much as possible. Thanks, everyone! Y'all are wonderful! Kiss, kiss, hug.

Exactly the same here. I'm still collecting from my conservatories; however most of my flowers have been put away. I am personally over the 5000 now; and I can almost collect every two hours today. I'm level 50, so I don't have that much else to do. :)

EBJW
03-31-15, 01:45 AM
A fantastic field of flowers........?

19481 19482

Even with a magnifying glass I can only see little coloured pinheads.... (especially when looking at the real flowers like the larkspur and trillium above)

CLOVERKAITO
03-31-15, 02:08 AM
6226 :o My 23 conservatories are still dropping tulips hard!

robino23
03-31-15, 03:27 AM
I have put most of my conservatories up, but still collecting tulips! I'm at 5,862 at the moment. I'm working on stocking my kitchens, so I try to trigger the beasts. I have no worries that we will reach the last community prize!

Korlcek
03-31-15, 05:02 AM
I can't collect from water source without spawnig a dire boar. Just collected from 4 wells and 1 pond and 5 dire boars appeared. That Way I'll never be able to collect water unless I place one source away from others, then collect from it, leave the boar then collect from the rest.
I hope this spawning rate will be gone after the flower timer runs out.

ShibuyaCloth
03-31-15, 05:40 AM
I can't collect from water source without spawnig a dire boar. Just collected from 4 wells and 1 pond and 5 dire boars appeared. That Way I'll never be able to collect water unless I place one source away from others, then collect from it, leave the boar then collect from the rest.

I found out that after 20 spawn in a day, the drop rate goes down dramatically. I have only hard stat for 9 days, but the max I had was 26 spawn in a day. I was doing everything to spawn monsters (the pit is of course a constant spawn)

Anaboe
03-31-15, 05:54 AM
Just hit the 8,000 tulips this morning :)

Hoping to get to 9,200 before the event is over, but not setting any timers anymore. I like it when I reach twice as much as needed for the last individual prize :)

readysetgo888
03-31-15, 08:26 AM

Are you on the goal that causes dire boars to overrun your kingdom? That's what happens - you have to do whatever the goal is to get them to go away. I believe it's early in the troll tribe line.

But yeah, I hate dire boars. Hate hate hate. I feel like they show up all the time for me (not as frequently as during that goal, but still). I'm afraid to touch a strawberry or collect from my mines. I hate them because they're the only beast that gives back way less energy than it takes to defeat them. I like to try to time it so that I trap a monster somewhere before I harvest strawberries, just to avoid them. Now if only I could always get skunkupines... but it's like 1 skunkupine for every 6 dire boars.... ugh.

Korlcek
03-31-15, 08:46 AM
Are you on the goal that causes dire boars to overrun your kingdom? That's what happens - you have to do whatever the goal is to get them to go away. I believe it's early in the troll tribe line.

Yes i'm at Troll Tribe pt.1 about to build a swampy pond after I visit the troll pit tomorrow morning. That must be it then.

queentina3
03-31-15, 09:17 AM
Yes i'm at Troll Tribe pt.1 about to build a swampy pond after I visit the troll pit tomorrow morning. That must be it then.

When you start Troll Tribe Pt. 2, if you haven't collected all the tulips you want in the game, then I'd suggest holding off doing anything with this goal. I made the mistake of doing it under my 2nd ID, and lost my dire boar spawn rate. There was one day that I got over 980 tulips by just visiting my 2 conservatories and the garden (on schedule) while the rest came from fighting off dire boars. That was a heck of a lot of tulips and I lost that by starting Troll Tribe Pt. 2. Now I'm lucky if I get 280 tulips a day. I've just made 3000 tulips in that game, so got to my goal of 4th individual prize, but if I hadn't done that goal, then I may have been able to make it to the 5th individual prize as well. Now I don't stand a chance of getting it in that game.

As soon as I placed and chopped the dire boar trap, they disappeared and now I only get the occasional fangbeast and troll, who drop a lot less tulips and clean me out of energy more than the dire boars ever did. Yes, I couldn't make a move without being attacked, but at that Tulip drop rate, who was I to complain? Now, now I really wish I had those dire boars back in that game! :(

fantaloonastic
03-31-15, 09:43 AM
3767 tulips....im not going to make it, am I?

burritosprings
03-31-15, 10:03 AM
3767 tulips....im not going to make it, am I?

If your garden is level 8 just collecting from it will get you close 4600 - only gonna be 3 days left so you will still need to hit the tulip vaults(conservatories) and boars.

readysetgo888
03-31-15, 10:04 AM
When you start Troll Tribe Pt. 2, if you haven't collected all the tulips you want in the game, then I'd suggest holding off doing anything with this goal. I made the mistake of doing it under my 2nd ID, and lost my dire boar spawn rate. There was one day that I got over 980 tulips by just visiting my 2 conservatories and the garden (on schedule) while the rest came from fighting off dire boars. That was a heck of a lot of tulips and I lost that by starting Troll Tribe Pt. 2. Now I'm lucky if I get 280 tulips a day. I've just made 3000 tulips in that game, so got to my goal of 4th individual prize, but if I hadn't done that goal, then I may have been able to make it to the 5th individual prize as well. Now I don't stand a chance of getting it in that game.

As soon as I placed and chopped the dire boar trap, they disappeared and now I only get the occasional fangbeast and troll, who drop a lot less tulips and clean me out of energy more than the dire boars ever did. Yes, I couldn't make a move without being attacked, but at that Tulip drop rate, who was I to complain? Now, now I really wish I had those dire boars back in that game! :(

Yeah, I had literally just completed that goal not even 2 days before the event started.... the really funny/terrible thing about that is that I had deliberately held off on building the pond for a few days so that I could max my inventory on boar drops, just so I'd have that stuff again if I needed it. Then I finally built the pond and the event started.

Not too bothered though, since I don't care much about the decorations. Though, I am really hoping I make the 3000 tulip prize as I might use the walls. I have 2700 now, so I think I will.

Korlcek
03-31-15, 10:15 AM
When you start Troll Tribe Pt. 2, if you haven't collected all the tulips you want in the game, then I'd suggest holding off doing anything with this goal. I made the mistake of doing it under my 2nd ID, and lost my dire boar spawn rate. :(

Thanks for the info, queentina3, I already got 5500 tulips so the boars will be gone as soon as possible :)

queentina3
03-31-15, 10:26 AM
Yeah, I had literally just completed that goal not even 2 days before the event started.... the really funny/terrible thing about that is that I had deliberately held off on building the pond for a few days so that I could max my inventory on boar drops, just so I'd have that stuff again if I needed it. Then I finally built the pond and the event started.

Not too bothered though, since I don't care much about the decorations. Though, I am really hoping I make the 3000 tulip prize as I might use the walls. I have 2700 now, so I think I will.

I wanted to make it to that for the gates, as my 2nd ID is broke and I can't afford the 60k for a gate. LOL!!! I don't even have 500k in coins to give to the Pepe goal so it's just sitting there waiting for me to accumulate enough coins to give. That will be awhile as I refuse to give up 500k until I have at least 1 mil. :p My main account has almost 4 mil, so I barely look at how much something costs before buying.

Thanks for the info, queentina3, I already got 5500 tulips so the boars will be gone as soon as possible :)

Ah, good for you. You'll start seeing trolls pop up where you were seeing dire boars, so be prepared. They are a nuisance for me right now. They're eating up my energy and only giving me one or two tulips where the boars had been giving me almost 5! They also only give me 2 energy back, at most, and the boars were giving me extra. I miss them.

My main account has over 5400 tulips so now I'm just collecting for the community there. :)

clarity625
03-31-15, 10:35 AM
When I went over 6000, I put away a few conservatories. I have 8 out of 17 out now.
I am not as diligent about fighting beasts as I was. I just feel that 22 days is just too long to focus on collecting tulips in a game. I would prefer fewer points required, less time for event.
I like to give it my all for a time, that's why I built those additional conservatories, but after a couple of weeks I need a break, so I am back to regular quests.

Seriously700
03-31-15, 10:36 AM
Well I hit the 4600 tulip mark in both my games today. Very tedious to collect over 9000 tulips without the benefit of crafting them, getting them as rewards for adventures or thru additional quests.

Someone posted that it was as if TL put the game on cruise control for a few weeks while they worked on other things. Yes, I agree, that's a great way of putting it. I'm guessing that gem sales have been way down during this event. Will that teach TL to develop more interesting event activities and rewards next time, or will they put less and less development resources into this game?

The miniature meadow house sure is an oddly scaled item. Not really sure how to decorate with it. I expect it will go into storage very soon.

I noticed Stormie placed his mini meadow next to the mini pond. They do seem to go together. Maybe the visiting dignitaries are gnomes and these items were designed to make them feel at home. Maybe they will be the next faction introduced into the story, and we can get a sparring pit for the fairies and gnomes to fight it out.

Or perhaps Sabina and Thurston are expecting a baby and the meadow is a child's playhouse and the pond is a childs water park. Maybe that's why the level 8 castle garden feature looks like a playground structure -- maybe it really is a playground.

Liloze
03-31-15, 10:38 AM
15 Conservatories still out, collecting every 2 hours, and Garden Level 8, Dire Boars ( with other beasties) and the occasional drop from crops and the flowers etc...
5550 until now and counting...I want this event to end because I am really Sick and Tired of Tulips.

Sorry to say but this event is a let down, it is tedious, monotonous, and a waste of energy for just decor!
Still going to continue until the bittersweet end.

We will get the last prize if we all work together, never leave a goal unfinished ;)

I want to rearrange my queendom after this event, Just to forget how it is looking atm...Arghhhh.
Good luck folks

fantaloonastic
03-31-15, 12:10 PM
If your garden is level 8 just collecting from it will get you close 4600 - only gonna be 3 days left so you will still need to hit the tulip vaults(conservatories) and boars.

Yes it's level 8 but I need to spread my time between two small kids, unpacking after a move and cleaning the old house to get my deposit back so the pickings are slim, lol. I keep destroying my lovely layout to add in more conservatories

bethalee
03-31-15, 12:33 PM
Finally got to 4600 tulips! Now collecting for the community! Agree that this event has been boring, but I'm a level 50 so I'm used to the boredom by now. Ha :)

beefus
03-31-15, 02:10 PM
People.... I realize I am still quite new to posting here, however I have been watching other games from Team Lava, for several years.

I can almost guarantee that you can completely stop all "community" tulip gathering, and continue to watch the "magic world wide tulip counter" continue to progress as it is hard coded to slowly take the max tulip count and + 1 tulip to the total until 2.2bil tulips are reached... and I would be willing to bet this magical time will be hours before the end of the event.
There is no way these guys would promise a World Wide Reward .. and not deliver it... even if it has been determined to be a total waste of display only space, and half the community no longer wants it... I guarantee... stop collecting and watch the numbers continue to go up.

Its a scam to waste the few precious turns you have each day...

So worry about collecting your personal goals and let TL worry about keeping us as paying consumers. (Because right now... they need to be worried about that.)

rogue149
03-31-15, 03:53 PM
People.... I realize I am still quite new to posting here, however I have been watching other games from Team Lava, for several years.

I can almost guarantee that you can completely stop all "community" tulip gathering, and continue to watch the "magic world wide tulip counter" continue to progress as it is hard coded to slowly take the max tulip count and + 1 tulip to the total until 2.2bil tulips are reached... and I would be willing to bet this magical time will be hours before the end of the event.
There is no way these guys would promise a World Wide Reward .. and not deliver it... even if it has been determined to be a total waste of display only space, and half the community no longer wants it... I guarantee... stop collecting and watch the numbers continue to go up.

So worry about collecting your personal goals and let TL worry about keeping us as paying consumers. (Because right now... they need to be worried about that.)

This was my unspoken guess on how it worked as well. I didn't want to call it out though, for fear that the developers would change it to actual and we risk not getting each prize :).

readysetgo888
03-31-15, 04:25 PM

Lol, in FFS we just had an event that finished today and they made it really super obvious that they just gave us the last prize. The community was earning way less per day than necessary to get the prize and then this morning, all of a sudden, the number of coins magically grew and we got the prize. Having watching that, I'd say it's 100% true that you don't ever need to worry about the community prize.

zaccy678
03-31-15, 05:19 PM
Well, despite 7 conservatories and frequent collection I'm still only at 3600 tulips with less than 3 days left...

Looks like I won't be getting my bonsai meadow to go with my bonsai garden :(

burritosprings
03-31-15, 05:20 PM
Nonono..lol....it's "nothing for nothing", and they expect that we will spend gems!...more like an "entertainment trickle down" lol!

hehe as you can tell I was joshing.. kinda... but overall its just weird that we came from the Halloween reward to this reward.. I am critical when its my last desperate attempt to get attention. I also totally respect the job that TL/Storm8 have done... but something seems off kilter. This was an event that started out at being lvl 15... you would think that a reward would ensue that would help out a lvl 15.. maybe the RP from the gates? only thing I can think off at this point.

Beeville99
03-31-15, 05:54 PM
I was thinking. Maybe the visiting dignitaries are faeries who demand faerie size decor.
We are getting human scale items and faerie scale items.
Sticking to my story because I need it to make sense.

tuffyjkitten
03-31-15, 07:15 PM
Well...I am not going to make it to the last individual prize but I got the gates in the 4th one and that was what I really wanted. So I am happy with that.

On a related note I just started Sister Sister today so those extra conservatories appear to be staying for awhile! I need to expand and rearrange so I can get my market back out for the infamous wedding goal line as well.

AuntyRose32
03-31-15, 08:56 PM
Started day seventeen with 3,346 tulips and ended it with 3,556 tulips for a total of 210.

Started today with a total of 3,556 tulips and ended day eighteen with 3,780 for a total of 224. I can't wait to stop collecting these tulips, I've got the gates so I'm done, the meadow I don't care about, so collecting now for the community.
Did okay with the beasties today, flowers forget it.... :rolleyes:

dragoniakingdom
04-01-15, 01:56 AM
Finally got the ant farm today...sorry,meant the meadow:rolleyes:.

Collecting now for the Community prize,will be so glad to see the end of tulips!

Anaboe
04-01-15, 05:04 AM
Ant farm is a much better name :D

8,472 tulips so far.

kittensabc
04-01-15, 08:01 AM
TL/S8, please please please fix the scale on the meadow and the pond.

flovisa
04-01-15, 08:14 AM
Started this event on lvl 29, now 32! Events like this one helps you to level up really quickly! 😊

ndtrance
04-01-15, 08:46 AM
Started this event on lvl 29, now 32! Events like this one helps you to level up really quickly! ��

I agree, I've gained two levels, got 3 of the trials for the trials and tribute goals completed, and I got an agriculture shard last night. Very happy about this. I won't get the last individual prize but I'm glad I got all the gates and walls so I can redecorate.

mikecyr
04-01-15, 09:00 AM
Got the last individual prize last night.

I have to admit, I'll be glad when this event is over. Collecting the tulips has gotten to be a bit tedious.

I know that some of you would say that it's unnecessary at this point, and while I would not be that surprised to find that TL does indeed have something in place to guarantee that we get all the community prizes, I am not so cynical that I don't have my doubts, so I will continue collecting.

I want to make sure we get that Alitope. :)

fantaloonastic
04-01-15, 10:28 AM
4160 tulips, aaaaaahhhhh!

anurulz
04-01-15, 12:10 PM
24 tulips to go to last individual prize..dint think i wud make it..lol

fantaloonastic
04-01-15, 01:36 PM
I'm trying so hard for that last individual! 4239 and counting

ait_vedan
04-01-15, 03:02 PM
Can anybody explain to me why we're still getting the siccors and gloves, evdn though they seem to be of no value after the garden is at level 8?

SpiritWind00
04-01-15, 03:20 PM
the game cannot determine who needs drops and who doesn't. there will be drops until the event is over. :)

AuntyRose32
04-01-15, 07:42 PM
Started the day with 3,780 tulips and ended day nineteen with 3,975 for a total of 195 collected today. Meh....

Good night all.

burritosprings
04-01-15, 07:45 PM
Started the day with 3,780 tulips and ended day nineteen with 3,975 for a total of 195 collected today. Meh....

Good night all.

Hang in there.. you can get the Mini-Me Meadow I am sure before the end

reginalda
04-01-15, 11:10 PM
Sigh. My Castle Gardens haven't dropped clippers for 2 days now! I doubt I'll get to level 8.

nuttyangel_69
04-02-15, 03:53 AM
Collect from everything I can when I am able (since I work full time it's not like I can sit all day collecting!) and although I know which items have the best drop rate, I did expect to get more tulips when I collect from my flowers considering I have over 60 flowers and yet I never get more than 5 tulips from them when I do a full collect from flowers. It is very disheartening!
I know I won't get all the individual prizes on this.

88silver
04-02-15, 05:41 AM
I got the meadow yesterday. Looking at the garden, the pond, and the meadow, I think I figured out why the scale of the pond and garden are so out of whack. I'm guessing they were drawn to be 3x3, but then the developers realized the players would throw fits over 2 large size decco items, so they shrunk them to 2x2 ... leaving us with mini trees and hobbit sized houses. Can't win for trying, I guess.

inesat
04-02-15, 06:08 AM
Finally made it to the last individual prize. This was my first world event and I was very excited at first but all those weeks of mundane tulip collecting and the underwhelming final prize probably mean I will wait for tons of positive feedback in here before bothering with the next one.
Good luck to anyone who actually cares enough for that final prize to keep collecting.

Edit: Just put the meadow next to a pumpkin hutch. If I was unfamiliar with the game and you asked me which one is a prized achievement of a month-long goal and which one is a semi-common decoration you get from adventures, I couldn't tell...

geeqgurl
04-02-15, 09:14 AM
Sigh. My Castle Gardens haven't dropped clippers for 2 days now! I doubt I'll get to level 8.

I'm in the same boat. I've been collecting from garden at least 3 times a day. I have 15 gloves but no clippers - stuck on level 6 garden!

BiteMe111
04-02-15, 09:46 AM
I so much wish there was a way to share these 29 clippers I've gotten since I got my garden to level 8. :(

fantaloonastic
04-02-15, 10:01 AM
Got my ant farm!! Wish I could share clippers too, I've been really lucky with their drop rate

clk48706
04-02-15, 11:04 AM
Well I have to say for me this event is a bust. I have 2 conservatorys, the troll sparing pit, have the Castle Gardens to level 8 for the last week, been collecting sugar & cocoa & only have 2385 tulips on 1 acct & 2356 tulips on the other. I doubt I will make the 3000 before the event ends. To design this event based solely on tulip collection with such high totals was not well thought out or tested by the designers.
Castle Story used to be my 1st priority game with the other TeamLava games as filler. Now the main story line is all over the place & am really losing interest especially when I feel this event was set up to be unobtainable by regular players who refuse to have 10 conservatorys

beefus
04-02-15, 11:27 AM
The thing to remember about a drop rate... even one set to 50%... is each time that coin is flipped, you have the same 50% chance of it coming up Heads... as you do of if coming up Clippers...

Somewhere there is one player who has hit Clippers Every Single TIME!... because somewhere there is a player that has never EVER gotten a single Clipper to drop.
Because this is random... anything can happen.

Until such time as Random Drops are coded differently, 50% Drop = 50% Drop else Count Failed Attempts as Fails +1, Drop rate Attempt #2 = 50% Drop + 1 Fails = 55% Drop, ... if it could increment some manner... until then, its all as random as flipping a coin.
Basing a timed event off of a random percentage drop item is only setting yourself up for eventual failure as all of your fan base continues to flip the coin, but only 50% continue to get "Heads."... reset each time, so its not like half, its like half of the 50%, oh well never mind, you understand...

Mylania
04-02-15, 11:46 AM
I was thinking. Maybe the visiting dignitaries are faeries who demand faerie size decor.
We are getting human scale items and faerie scale items.
Sticking to my story because I need it to make sense.

Have you seen the faerie tea party? It's gigantic...although the faerie bridge is tiny...so these mini rewards might only be for faeries who are able to cross that bridge, definitely not for the tea party faeries! I wish it all made sense together, but have given up on that idea and just store deco items that are too far off scale.

mybunnytail
04-02-15, 12:21 PM
OK so we started they final count down less that 24hrs to go. We are at 90% for the last cumunity item. Do you think we can get the last 10 % in less than 24 he's?I feel like they set these numbers so high we were set up to fail. At least us lower lvl players there was no way to get to 4600 tulips with the low drop rate.:(

kittensabc
04-02-15, 12:28 PM
At this point I am basically done. I finished my garden and got the last prize so there really isn't anything left to do. The counter still shows 89% with less then 24 hours remaining, if we stay on the current path we will get the final prize an hour before the event ends.

88silver
04-02-15, 01:02 PM
I'm a geek, so I've been tracking progress of the tulips and plotting it/doing a regression. The community tulip collection is almost perfectly linear and gets to the goal with 3 minutes to spare ... So at the current tulip collection rate, we're cutting it really close.

BuddyB111
04-02-15, 01:07 PM
The special offer is back, but I don't know what the first thing is, so could someone please have a look and tell me what it is? Thanks! ��

Anaboe
04-02-15, 01:10 PM
It's a monster-trap, 15 traps, I think for the boars.

Korlcek
04-02-15, 01:15 PM
I'm a geek, so I've been tracking progress of the tulips and plotting it/doing a regression. The community tulip collection is almost perfectly linear and gets to the goal with 3 minutes to spare ... So at the current tulip collection rate, we're cutting it really close.

People upgraded castle gardens over time and that should increase tulip rate over time. There should also be a steady increase in rate for the first week as people built conservatories.

But, maybe TL adjusts tulip drop rate on crops to maintain linear growth.

OR - it's just a simple counter not related to sum of all tulips gathered by community

BuddyB111
04-02-15, 01:17 PM
Thank you - I've not come across boars yet, so that's why I didn't recognise them! ;)

88silver
04-02-15, 01:20 PM
People upgraded castle gardens over time and that should increase tulip rate over time. There should also be a steady increase in rate for the first week as people built conservatories.

OR - it's just a simple counter not related to sum of all tulips gathered by community

To be fair, I only started keeping track 8 days ago. Here's the graph, with the sporadic data points I grabbed.

http://media1000.dropshots.com/photos/365957/20150402/b_150405.jpg

cpabae
04-02-15, 01:25 PM
To be fair, I only started keeping track 8 days ago. Here's the graph, with the sporadic data points I grabbed.

Ha, 88silver...I like you. When you said perfectly linear, you weren't kidding!

BuddyB111
04-02-15, 01:33 PM
Well I have to say for me this event is a bust. I have 2 conservatorys, the troll sparing pit, have the Castle Gardens to level 8 for the last week, been collecting sugar & cocoa & only have 2385 tulips on 1 acct & 2356 tulips on the other. I doubt I will make the 3000 before the event ends. To design this event based solely on tulip collection with such high totals was not well thought out or tested by the designers.
Castle Story used to be my 1st priority game with the other TeamLava games as filler. Now the main story line is all over the place & am really losing interest especially when I feel this event was set up to be unobtainable by regular players who refuse to have 10 conservatorys

I agree. As someone who is at home during the day with more time than many to play, I think it is extremely difficult to complete this challenge. I don't buy gems, so perhaps that's what makes the difference for players who don't have 10 conservatories. Even I ended up building 5 extra conservatories in my attempt to collect enough flowers. As it is I might just make the 3000 marker. I Used up what gems I had to speed up moving through the garden levels. I have maxed out almost every crop and petal. wouldn't have bothered if I didn't like the fencing and paths. Maybe I'm not far ahead enough in the game as a troll is the worst creature I face, so my collection of tulips will have been affected by that too. At level 34 I thought I was more than in with a chance. No so.

Dabag
04-02-15, 01:43 PM
The special offer is back, but I don't know what the first thing is, so could someone please have a look and tell me what it is? Thanks! ��

Value Pack: x15 Skunkupine Traps, x100 Energy, x250 Tulips

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Fruit%20Crates%20and%20Monster%20Traps/MonsterTraps400x238-Copy.jpg

PraxisOfGood
04-02-15, 01:55 PM

As I recall, we finished the first community goal in seven days and the second (same size) in four days. The third goal was slightly larger, but not significantly. I similarly call shenanigans on the notion that it is going down to the wire.

kittensabc
04-02-15, 02:00 PM
I have taken down the numbers every eight hours since day 10, not only is the curve nearly perfectly linear it is perfectly perfectly linear, with variation I can put down purely to differences in when I write down the numbers. I hadn't thought to extend the progression into the future but I just did and it comes out to an hour before the event ends for me. If they were going to write an algorithm they should have at least put some random variation in so that it wouldn't be so obviously fake.

readysetgo888
04-02-15, 02:24 PM
I have taken down the numbers every eight hours since day 10, not only is the curve nearly perfectly linear it is perfectly perfectly linear, with variation I can put down purely to differences in when I write down the numbers. I hadn't thought to extend the progression into the future but I just did and it comes out to an hour before the event ends for me. If they were going to write an algorithm they should have at least put some random variation in so that it wouldn't be so obviously fake.

Wow! Amazing to know. Guess that's the end of ever collecting anything "for the community."

Oh and is the value pack actually ANY discount? it's nowhere near what it claims to be, that I do know.

BuddyB111
04-02-15, 02:31 PM
Value Pack: x15 Skunkupine Traps, x100 Energy, x250 Tulips

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Fruit%20Crates%20and%20Monster%20Traps/MonsterTraps400x238-Copy.jpg

I remember having to buy one of each when I first started playing, but they are not something I have used since as I have used my precious gems on other things such as fruit trees. The offer partially covers the bottom of the trap, which didn't help me. I will reach 3000 tulips in the next hour which was always my target, but I have zero gems to my name for the first time since I started playing.

Anaboe
04-02-15, 03:41 PM

Hmpf, as someone stated, this is the end to "for the community".

I just reached 9,200 (and a little more), which was my personal goal, for I always try to have twice as much needed for the individual goal to help the community, but had I known this, I think I wouldn't have so much efford in it.

So much for Comunity World Events... It's a mayor let down for me, even more since there hasn't been an update both in DS and in CS.

reliquary
04-02-15, 04:04 PM
Hurray for math nerds!

...that graph is awesome!

It was getting pretty obvious......but that graph calls 'em out...lol!

...in storage everything goes...like, now...lol

PikaSquirrel
04-02-15, 04:30 PM
Hey everyone,

We'd like to thank you for all of the feedback you have provided us for this event! They're all very helpful and will be considered when our game team plans a similar event in the future.

We took your feedback and have added additional items to drop from the level 7 and level 8 Castle Garden. These items will drop during the remainder of the event and also will continue to drop after the event is over. Hopefully, this will encourage you to keep your Castle Garden in your Kingdom even after the event is over! :)

zaccy678
04-02-15, 04:36 PM
We took your feedback and have added additional items to drop from the level 7 and level 8 Castle Garden. These items will drop during the remainder of the event and also will continue to drop after the event is over. Hopefully, this will encourage you to keep your Castle Garden in your Kingdom even after the event is over! :)

Ooh, exciting!
Has anyone had a drop yet??

PrincessCupOButter
04-02-15, 04:39 PM
Thanks Pika! I was just logging in to say my level 8 garden dropped mermaid scales and orange petals in addition to the gloves and clippers. I was wondering what was up.

Unfortunately, I was too surprised to see the item count. The only reason I got the Orange petals at all is because I upgraded a building to use some. I hope it drops other surprises as well!

meme1098
04-02-15, 04:41 PM
Ooh, exciting!
Has anyone had a drop yet??

Just collected from mine. Besides gloves & tulips I might haven gotten Orange petals if I wasn't maxed on them. Just happened to see the black banner swipe across my screen. I still have my garden at level 7. On the fence if I want to upgrade fully or not. Maybe by the end of the week I'll make a decision.

dragon2046
04-02-15, 04:59 PM
Thanks TL. My garden just dropped gloves, clippers and a mushroom. I love the mushrooms I'm always in need of mushrooms. :)

Anaboe
04-02-15, 05:17 PM
I feel torn about this.

It's less 20 hours till the event is over. I can imagine that a lot of players haven't put a lot of efford in getting Clippers and gloves, since the garden would drop nothing but coins after the event. Those are the people that only have left 20 hours to get the needed parts - provided that they read this forum in time.

This was mentioned in the first week of the event, why wait 2 more weeks till the very last day!?!?

But then again, I'm glad to have it dropping something else than coins, so Thank you TL.

GarfieldandPookie
04-02-15, 05:28 PM
Yay! I am so excited that the Castle Garden will be dropping items!

kittensabc
04-02-15, 05:36 PM
Hey everyone,

We'd like to thank you for all of the feedback you have provided us for this event! They're all very helpful and will be considered when our game team plans a similar event in the future.

Please pass along our gratitude; it is always nice to know that you guys are here and listening to ideas.

jbfps116
04-02-15, 05:46 PM
hey yay! some added function to the garden! [I was still going to keep it out anyway!]
and for those wailing about the size of the "ant garden" if they made is 3X3 people would be complaining about wasting space for a "useless" decoration!! lol
I'd say it's a Baby Faery Day Care!

cpabae
04-02-15, 05:58 PM
hey yay! some added function to the garden! [I was still going to keep it out anyway!]
and for those wailing about the size of the "ant garden" if they made is 3X3 people would be complaining about wasting space for a "useless" decoration!! lol
I'd say it's a Baby Faery Day Care!

I love it! Yes, and yes!

ladyperidot
04-02-15, 06:11 PM

I'm an engineer - love the graph!!!!!

PernReloaded
04-02-15, 06:14 PM
If the last prize was 4k tulips, I might have managed. There was no way for me to get 4,600. Oh, well. I'm still collecting for the community prize.

mamareader02
04-02-15, 06:17 PM
The last personal prize is just decor,right?no way am I gonna make it,and if it's decor,then that's ok,as I don't have much decor

queentina3
04-02-15, 06:18 PM
Hey everyone,

Thank you so much for advising the team that we wanted something more to drop from it after the event was over. I'll happily keep it out now that I know it won't just be coins and xp dropping from it. Could you advise the team that many of us would still like to see it animated though as well???? I know we're asking quite a bit, but if it's possible....Maybe they could have flowing water, pretty please? ;)

readysetgo888
04-02-15, 06:20 PM
Yay! If it drops mermaid scales that is super exciting for me! Thank you so much!

One question, will the drops be better on level 8 vs level 7? I have mine at level 7 because I think it looks better, but would upgrade if I had a chance to collect more.

ETA: just got a blue petal from mine. This is awesome as I need blue petals right now. So glad the garden will be useful after the event. I think it's very pretty (at level 7, anyway).

kittensabc
04-02-15, 06:25 PM
Thank you so much for advising the team that we wanted something more to drop from it after the event was over. I'll happily keep it out now that I know it won't just be coins and xp dropping from it. Could you advise the team that many of us would still like to see it animated though as well???? I know we're asking quite a bit, but if it's possible....Maybe they could have flowing water, pretty please? ;)

I don't understand the whole "animation crisis," of course animated things are cool but I think the Castle Gardens is already by far the most suitable one-item reward from this event for decorating. I think that if they could only update one item it should be the pond or meadow since the gardens are already pretty.

SpiritWind00
04-02-15, 06:45 PM
Hey everyone,

This is awesome news! Added to post 2.

It would also be very helpful if you wrote this on your wall for non-forum players to spread the word. thanks!

morsith
04-02-15, 07:07 PM
Skunkupine Trap, you place it in your kingdom, chop it and a skunkupine appears

mybunnytail
04-02-15, 07:20 PM
I don't understand the whole "animation crisis," of course animated things are cool but I think the Castle Gardens is already by far the most suitable one-item reward from this event for decorating. I think that if they could only update one item it should be the pond or meadow since the gardens are already pretty.

I am still new to this, what do you mean by the castle gardens being a one-iten reward?

SpiritWind00
04-02-15, 07:21 PM
Skunkupine Trap, you place it in your kingdom, chop it and a skunkupine appears

yes, these are not new items.... just make sure you don't have another beasty in your kingdom if you use a trap. All traps work to spawn beasties. :)

I GOT A FISH FROM THE CASTLE GARDEN... I'll start a drops list in post 2 if you could please post what you get in addition to gloves/clippers. thanks!

jbfps116
04-02-15, 07:22 PM
the value pack says it's 75% off from $40.....

total gem value of pack: 745.
to buy 745 gems: get 250 and 530 gem packs totaling $30, or $24 on sale.
again they LIED about the "value" pack's value!!!!

jbfps116
04-02-15, 07:23 PM
got mermaid scales from garden

added to post 2.... SW

mybunnytail
04-02-15, 07:31 PM
the value pack says it's 75% off from $40.....

total gem value of pack: 745.
to buy 745 gems: get 250 and 530 gem packs totaling $30, or $24 on sale.
again they LIED about the "value" pack's value!!!!

How many gems per tulip? That seems like a lot.

jbfps116
04-02-15, 07:40 PM
I think they charged 2 gems per tulip. "correct me if I'm wrong"

jbfps116
04-02-15, 07:41 PM
75 gems for skunkupine traps, 170 gems for energy, and 500 gems for tulips... still NOT 40$!!

vednir
04-02-15, 07:53 PM
Hey everyone,

Perhaps next time have the final individual prize not be a decoration? Then again you've already had this feedback but perhaps in your personnel transition it's been missed and/or disregarded.

zaccy678
04-02-15, 08:00 PM
Still need another 320 tulips for the last prize.
Only 15 hours to go... Not including sleep time!

Possible??? :confused:

PernReloaded
04-02-15, 08:02 PM
I GOT A FISH FROM THE CASTLE GARDEN... I'll start a drops list in post 2 if you could please post what you get in addition to gloves/clippers. thanks!

Oooh. Then again, I'm usually maxed on fish, but I'll definitely post if I get something else/interesting!

kittensabc
04-02-15, 08:06 PM
I am still new to this, what do you mean by the castle gardens being a one-iten reward?

One item as in not the bundle of walls that were prizes, everything else was one thing to place on the board.

tuffyjkitten
04-02-15, 08:20 PM
Well I got coins. Didn't see if there was a "you are maxed on -----" message or not. Will see what happens tomorrow.

mybunnytail
04-02-15, 08:25 PM
One item as in not the bundle of walls that were prizes, everything else was one thing to place on the board.

But the castle garden wasn't just a prize. It was a placed item that you had to work hard to level.

burritosprings
04-02-15, 08:29 PM
Git glimmerdust and a fishy

added! SW

kittensabc
04-02-15, 08:43 PM
Red, white, blue, orange, and purple petals can all drop. Glimmerdust, mushrooms, scales, and fish were also reported. All items came in 1 item increments. One source mentioned a truffle but it turned out that he was joking.

GaSaKaDa
04-02-15, 08:58 PM
Really good to see that the castle garden is dropping other items, I just got mushroom pop up, couldn't see how many.

Can you clarify SW if there's any advantage to being level 8 rather than 7? I like the look of it much better before the static water appears, thanks.

I have enjoyed this quest, nice to have something to do, I want Castle Story to keep going, I hate to think how many hours I have invested in it, too many my husband would say, and I don't begrudge a purchase now and then to keep it going. It has seemed a little poorly thought out lately, taking the wedding Ali back was terrible customer care, but I really hope it's just been a blip and that it'll be back on track soon. Expansions down to the crystal temple thing must surely be on the agenda?

Maybe some good news about what's to come would keep us long term players happy?

SpiritWind00
04-02-15, 09:10 PM
No advantage for drops.... either level will drop all items. This is really good news and still gives those players who prefer the look of level 7 to level 8 no disadvantage in keeping a level 7 garden.

Keep those drop reports coming! I'll update the inventory guide in a few days and I have already added the Castle Gardens to the Resource post in the Building Guide now that it's more than a decoration.

tuffyjkitten
04-02-15, 11:25 PM
Purple petals but no idea how many as I was maxed on them.

zaccy678
04-03-15, 01:08 AM
Still need another 320 tulips for the last prize.
Only 15 hours to go... Not including sleep time!

Possible??? :confused:

180 tulips to go... In 10 hours...
It's going to be tight!!

katbtodd
04-03-15, 01:51 AM
Red Petals here but was max

maizee0404
04-03-15, 03:14 AM
Well considering i started very late..i made it to the 2nd prize this morning :D theres no way ill make it to 950 im sorry i couldnt help with the community prizes but im very happy with myself :) my garden was at level 5 so not a bad acheivement :) cant wait for the next event

queentina3
04-03-15, 04:31 AM
Well considering i started very late..i made it to the 2nd prize this morning :D theres no way ill make it to 950 im sorry i couldnt help with the community prizes but im very happy with myself :) my garden was at level 5 so not a bad acheivement :) cant wait for the next event

Every tulip you received helped the community. The 950 is just the benchmark you needed in order to get those prizes for yourself, but every one you collected still went to the community overall. I'm glad you were able to at least make it to the 2nd prize! :)

matjan75
04-03-15, 05:09 AM
6 hours to go and community prize is at 96%. Exciting! Individualy I am at 4550 tulips, so that won't be a problem

AnniePMH
04-03-15, 06:07 AM

Lol, I guess I might have over-collected a bit, in light of this pretty graph! Still, no harm done, love to collect pointless stuff and would have done the same anyway...:o Will continue collecting until the end, but this is such a nice, even number:D

queentina3
04-03-15, 06:12 AM
30,000???? :eek:

Great job!!! I've got over 3600 on 2tina, and no way I'll make the 4600 for the ant farm. :(

On queentina3 I've got over 6300, so not too shabby since I only have 6 conservatories and just got the 2nd faerie flowerbed earlier this week when I finished that part of the faerie goal chain. Alas the conservatories will be staying out as sinister sister is proving to be just as sinister as everyone made it out to be. Even with the old log fortune, it's a wicked witch to get through. :rolleyes:

jbfps116
04-03-15, 06:21 AM
5 hours and 19 mil to go..... I have over 7800.
I'm also working on the LAST storyline in the game!!!!!!!!!!!!! making adamant hides etc... [not counting sister sister 15/20]
I can hardly believe it as I started last summer.

anne202b
04-03-15, 06:38 AM
Looks like I won't make it. :( Need 300 more tulips. I'll continue to collect for the community. Almost there!! :)

jo_fitz
04-03-15, 06:43 AM
I've done the math for my collection. I needed just under 1,100. So geming through the tulips would cost me over 2k in gems. But speeding up my (fully upgraded) garden would cost me 8 gems each. Which would be 236 gems! I'll be very happy to complete this!!

kittensabc
04-03-15, 06:45 AM
I added another data point a few hours ago but realised that my numbers were too spaced out to be truely conclusive. I have spent the time since then taking down every number every two minutes when the counter updates and the results are striking. Every two minutes the counter goes down by one of these numbers, chosen at random*:

*numbers starting with "125" occured slightly more often, most likely due to a limited data set

I had planned to use statistical analysis to show that the numbers were being generated, but that seems pointless seing as the data set is 7 similar numbers repeated forever.

Why these numbers? If you only look at the tulip counter once in awhile it sure looks like the same number isn't being subtracted every time, the numbers above cause that effect making the counter look more realistic.

No fancy math is needed on my part to show that the counter is just steadily going towards finishing, regardless of if we actually collect. And can you blame Team Lava? They had no idea how many tulips we would collect so designing goals would have been almost impossible. I don't want to ruin the magic but they could have at least made the counter more believable then this.

I made a new graph and extended the regression into the future, the number came out to be several hundered thousand tulips past our goal, meaning about 5 minutes to spare. There is no point in collecting for the community, just sit back and let the timer expire. The worst possible case of drawing 124,889 every time would still put us only roughly 150,000 tulips from our goal, we will make it.

meme1098
04-03-15, 07:28 AM
Hey, Nat. You should get a prize for such dedication & high numbers!!! That's mind boggling...lol.
The time is slowly dwindling down but not too worried if we even get that last one....unless of course if it plays hide & seek. The drag-ali never did for me :( so I'd like to have some fun here yet if possible.:)

the1man_army
04-03-15, 07:29 AM
I'm going to run out of time on agua-kazam because of rat tails. My garden in lvl 7 and I have the gloves/clippers I need, just not the bunches of flowers. Should I waste 11 gems to finish agua-kazam or can I still finish the quest line after the event times out?

meme1098
04-03-15, 07:35 AM
I'm letting mine run out since I'm not giving all that milk for zilch....lol. The dignitaries can just stick it. In fact, I'm still sitting on upgrading to level 8 since I haven't decided yet whether I want to do that or not.

You will get a finish button on the goal when the timer runs out. And probably the option to complete with gems. I wouldn't waste them either way if I were you.

AnniePMH
04-03-15, 07:36 AM
Hey, Nat. You should get a prize for such dedication & high numbers!!! That's mind boggling...lol.
The time is slowly dwindling down but not too worried if we even get that last one....unless of course if it plays hide & seek. The drag-ali never did for me :( so I'd like to have some fun here yet if possible.:)

Thank you, meme!:o The collecting itself is the prize for me, don't need another reward, lol!:p

meme1098
04-03-15, 07:39 AM
I called it a drag-ali....lol. It really is hard to tell placed on green grass what the heck it is....lol

clk48706
04-03-15, 08:03 AM
Well 3 hours to go & I still need 500 tulips to get the 3000 prize. ��. Since I refuse to pay $10 for the "value" pack there is no way it's going to happen.
Put a fork in me, I'm done!
I think stopping the value pack one hour before the end of the event was pretty crappy too!
This will be my last community event for all decoration prizes.

queentina3
04-03-15, 08:05 AM

You know what, mine in my main game (queentina3) never played hide-n-seek either, but the one I got in my 2tina account (much later than my main account), did! It kept moving to this one spot and I had to keep moving it back, and etc.....Finally I stored it and then took it out again and it didn't move. I wouldn't have minded if it did it on my main account as I have room for it to play there, but my secondary account is so tiny that I need every available inch provided. LOL!!

meme1098
04-03-15, 08:11 AM
Maybe that spot it kept going to in your Queendom was occupied by something in mine. Lol

idrispad
04-03-15, 08:58 AM
I added another data point a few hours ago but realised that my numbers were too spaced out to be truely conclusive. I have spent the time since then taking down every number every two minutes when the counter updates and the results are striking. Every two minutes the counter goes down by one of these numbers, chosen at random*:

Unbelievable! So the whole "community" thing is a complete lie?

oldmcz
04-03-15, 09:16 AM
Well 3 hours to go & I still need 500 tulips to get the 3000 prize. ��. Since I refuse to pay $10 for the "value" pack there is no way it's going to happen.
Put a fork in me, I'm done!
I think stopping the value pack one hour before the end of the event was pretty crappy too!
This will be my last community event for all decoration prizes.

Yep. I need 118 tulips to get level 3 prize. I've got about 2 hours. So close! Not paying $12 for it or using gems. Bummed out. All that work for nothing.

Sieressa
04-03-15, 10:19 AM
I have like 1000 to go for the last prize, which I don't even know what it is...all I wanted was the iron gates for the royal points...I don't put decorations much up because I need the space for money earning items and resource buildings. I am surprised that so many constructed 20 conservatories to get tulips...maybe if I had more than one I would have actually got whatever the last prize is...but knowing me it would sit in storage because it look like decoration.

meme1098
04-03-15, 10:54 AM
Yep. I need 118 tulips to get level 3 prize. I've got about 2 hours. So close! Not paying $12 for it or using gems. Bummed out. All that work for nothing.

All the prizes were actually for nothing...no drops just decor

I have like 1000 to go for the last prize, which I don't even know what it is...all I wanted was the iron gates for the royal points...I don't put decorations much up because I need the space for money earning items and resource buildings. I am surprised that so many constructed 20 conservatories to get tulips...maybe if I had more than one I would have actually got whatever the last prize is...but knowing me it would sit in storage because it look like decoration.

It was just something to do for many players...lol. Me included.
Yea, it is just decor like all the other stuff

queentina3
04-03-15, 11:01 AM
Well I just collected from my garden and conservatories in both games for the last time before the event ends.

queentina3 = 6405 total tulips collected - level 8 garden/6 conservatories
2tina = 3678 total tulips collected - level 8 garden/2 conservatories
Total tulips collected between both games = 10,083.

Not too shabby, if I do say so myself. :p

awesomejujubeans
04-03-15, 11:14 AM
I'm still at level 6 on my garden and only the 2nd prize...oh well. I might save up gems to complete it. Still thinking about it lol.

BriarAvenue
04-03-15, 11:18 AM

*numbers starting with "125" occured slightly more often, most likely due to a limited data set

I had planned to use statistical analysis to show that the numbers were being generated, but that seems pointless seing as the data set is 7 similar numbers repeated forever.

Why these numbers? If you only look at the tulip counter once in awhile it sure looks like the same number isn't being subtracted every time, the numbers above cause that effect making the counter look more realistic.

No fancy math is needed on my part to show that the counter is just steadily going towards finishing, regardless of if we actually collect. And can you blame Team Lava? They had no idea how many tulips we would collect so designing goals would have been almost impossible. I don't want to ruin the magic but they could have at least made the counter more believable ....

Curious n tried testing, got 124,890 increment!

dragonspearls
04-03-15, 11:23 AM
When I checked the community prize progress a few moments ago, it showed 100% 397,478 tulips needed. :confused:

AuntyRose32
04-03-15, 11:24 AM
I just did my last collection before the timer runs out and I'm 365 tulips short of the final prize. I don't mind though, I'm so over this event. Normally it would drive me nuts not to complete it (I've never not completed a timed event in CS) and considering that it's CS I would have no problem spending the gems to have the final prize as it's usually worth having (I had to do it for the Halloween event this year as I just didn't have enough time to play) but I can live without the microscopic meadow. It does nothing and looks terrible, now if that happens to change down the line and they upgrade it as part of some other goal, maybe I'll be bummed then but right now I'm happy to put this event behind me.

Well done to everyone who got there, it wasn't easy to achieve that. You can all breath a sigh of relief now and forget about tulips :D

kittensabc
04-03-15, 11:26 AM
Well this is interesting. There is one collection left for timer and the max we could get is 127,000.....
Update: Hah, they *****ed and gave it to us with 145,000. Not complaining.

clarity625
04-03-15, 11:27 AM
In my kingdom the timer is gone, and I don't see new topiary in storage.

HarleyQuinn28
04-03-15, 11:28 AM
It ended 3 min too soon! We were so close!

dragonspearls
04-03-15, 11:29 AM
I ended up at 3724, so no meadow for me. Not sure I really wanted it, but if I had gotten it, I would have put it with Pepe the skunkupine, his house, and my albino piglet. It's absolutely not worth the ridiculous amount of gems to buy it.

HarleyQuinn28
04-03-15, 11:29 AM
I just logged back in and we got the last prize!

AuntyRose32
04-03-15, 11:30 AM
Well the Alicorn-topiary just unlocked. So we did it....I guess.

Well done community:D

joelynjellybean
i showed that we got the final prize at 1:45 left

flovisa
Clarity625 mine disappeared too...

dragonspearls

I got the pop up saying we had got the final community prize. Maybe exit and close the game, then come back in.

BriarAvenue
04-03-15, 11:31 AM
Done! 6,082 tulips collected. Met my own 6,000 target.
Added 9 more fully upgraded conservatories to storage.

AuntyRose32
04-03-15, 11:31 AM

I was watching the last minute count down and with about 30 seconds to go the Ali-topiary unlocked. I was able to place mine right away so maybe force close your game and then open it again, it should be in your inventory then.

sail147
04-03-15, 11:32 AM
I just got the final community prize, we did it

BriarAvenue
04-03-15, 11:36 AM
Well this is interesting. There is one collection left for timer and the max we could get is 127,000.....
Update: Hah, they *****ed and gave it to us with 145,000. Not complaining.

I watched the timer when they say the game is up. It said something in the range of 135,000 outstanding.

BriarAvenue
04-03-15, 11:38 AM
i showed that we got the final prize at 1:45 left
Same for me.

clarity625
04-03-15, 11:41 AM
Clarity625 mine disappeared too...

I got the pop up saying we had got the final community prize. Maybe exit and close the game, then come back in.

I turned off the iphone and went back into the game. This time I got the screen notifying me that we won the last prize and there was topiary in storage.

kittensabc
04-03-15, 11:43 AM
I watched the timer when they say the game is up. It said something in the range of 135,000 outstanding.
The way the timer works is by choosing one of these numbers every two minutes to add to the "community" total:
The largest possible number is 126,988. The game subtracts the number at 15 seconds past an even number, so say when the counter says "3:45" or "1:45." There was still a little over 145,000 tulips on the counter after the "3:45" mark which means that they gave us in excess of 145,000 tulips at the "1:45" mark in order to give us the prize, the counter was probably coded to complete itself at that time.

Chaotarch
04-03-15, 11:44 AM
Lol, I guess I might have over-collected a bit, in light of this pretty graph! Still, no harm done, love to collect pointless stuff and would have done the same anyway...:o Will continue collecting until the end, but this is such a nice, even number:D

And the TULIPCROWN goes to Sweden, yh:D

deeply and honestly kneefall to your Highness! <3

sry that i lost motivation after 10k:mad: but i hope TL learned something...

8hat
04-03-15, 12:01 PM
The event is over...so why are my boars still dropping tulips?

meme1098
04-03-15, 12:04 PM
This ali-topi's placement is really off kilter!!!!

SW... Can you report this over, not that anybody's actually there since its a holiday weekend but it just doesn't sit right!!! It could actually be just 1 square according to my picture..lol

The event is over...so why are my boars still dropping tulips?

Haha...someone forgot to code a timer in them???

katbtodd
04-03-15, 12:05 PM
My crops still droping tulips

BriarAvenue
04-03-15, 12:08 PM
My crops still droping tulips
My ice poppies too, though the counter is gone now.

AnniePMH
04-03-15, 12:11 PM
And the TULIPCROWN goes to Sweden, yh:D

deeply and honestly kneefall to your Highness! <3

sry that i lost motivation after 10k:mad: but i hope TL learned something...

Thank you, pure pleasure as always!:o Next time I would like to craft something, preferably something that stays put after the update...:rolleyes:

lisman
04-03-15, 12:26 PM
Yay we did it great job everyone, i really wanted the alcorn bush so my dragon bush has a friend. They will be out with the new walls after I have done some renovading and that will be done in the next few days.

Anaboe
04-03-15, 12:27 PM
Conservatories are also still dropping tulips... But they're in storage now, finaly some space... 19 conservatories removed from the kingdom gives a lot of space... Dunno when I have time to redecorated, prolly somewhere next week...

Castloninian
04-03-15, 12:39 PM
And the garden still dropped gloves and scissors for me, but that may be because I haven't clicked 'expired' on the milk goal.

vednir
04-03-15, 12:46 PM

Color me unsurprised as this counter, as others had in the past, appeared to progress completely independently of time zone. I assumed that there would be some variation as there is no way the players of this game are distributed completely evenly across the globe. This also highly inflated the supposed number of people playing this game at any time which is a well kept secret since they want us to believe we're playing a very popular game with thousands of active players at all times of the day.

kittensabc
04-03-15, 12:56 PM
And the garden still dropped gloves and scissors for me, but that may be because I haven't clicked 'expired' on the milk goal.

Hopefuly it keeps dropping over the weekend for people who didn't finish.

zaccy678
04-03-15, 01:11 PM
Would be nice if all these tulips that keep dropping would at least go into the inventory, instead of disappearing into the ether...
:confused:

Liloze
04-03-15, 01:26 PM
Everything that dropped tulips is still dropping tulips, wish I could keep one just to remind me why I do hate tulips now :p
Just like corn!
7 Conservatories are sold, 7 in storage, 2 still in my Queendom which looks a MESS :(
I should redecorate but maybe next week.

meme1098
04-03-15, 01:35 PM
Someone forgot to code timers in the beasts, crops, etc. to stop dropping those. TL/S8 does this all the time. They don't test before going live with anything. We, the players, are their testers...lol

zaccy678
04-03-15, 01:49 PM
Someone forgot to code timers in the beasts, crops, etc. to stop dropping those. TL/S8 does this all the time. They don't test before going live with anything. We, the players, are their testers...lol

Ikr, it's pretty unprofessional :confused:

What's worse is taking back what they mistakenly gave away :rolleyes:

parlski
04-03-15, 02:20 PM
did everyone get the final community prize?
I didn't pay enough attention

PernReloaded
04-03-15, 02:26 PM
Yes, everyone got it.

zaccy678
04-03-15, 04:11 PM
Garden just dropped mermaid scales and mushys for me :o

myndisue
04-03-15, 05:15 PM
Everything that dropped tulips is still dropping tulips, wish I could keep one just to remind me why I do hate tulips now :p
Just like corn!
7 Conservatories are sold, 7 in storage, 2 still in my Queendom which looks a MESS :(
I should redecorate but maybe next week.

I've already started redecorating. Which means basically putting almost everything in storage and starting over. I was getting claustrophobic with all of those conservatories! lol

valmommy
04-03-15, 05:47 PM
Hey everyone,

I have gotten white pedals, blue pedals, glimmer dust, fish, and mermaid scales besides clippers, gloves, and coins. :-)

dragoniakingdom
04-03-15, 06:16 PM
I'm just happy it's all over!

A bit disappointed that we did not get a "true" Easter event,none of the rewards fit into that category.

The ant farm size as an example would have made a good rabbit hutch with a bunny also a reward instead of the topiary.

Maybe next year........

sadie13056
04-03-15, 06:54 PM
Does this mean that now that the event is over, we can no longer upgrade our castle garden?

queentina3
04-03-15, 06:58 PM
Does this mean that now that the event is over, we can no longer upgrade our castle garden?

Do you still have clippers and gloves in your inventory and is it still dropping them for you? Until they stop dropping I think you should be able to upgrade it, after that, you'll probably have to do it by using gems, as that is how all the last event/goal type of items had to be constructed - via gems if you didn't get to it during the time period specified.

riverly
04-03-15, 07:46 PM
First time posting, but while tapping on castle, conservative and such I got a fish market somehow. Has this happened to anyone else I don't know how it happened it just showed up. Of course I had to build it but it's a mystery how I got it

Liloze
04-03-15, 08:00 PM
I've already started redecorating. Which means basically putting almost everything in storage and starting over. I was getting claustrophobic with all of those conservatories! lol

Lol I need a break before redecorating, this Flower Flimsy drained me!
I think I will take a couple of days break from CS...IF I could ....lol :o :eek:

katbtodd
04-04-15, 02:12 AM
This now...from my garden,, 1 red Petal and 1 gold fish At the same time

idrispad
04-04-15, 05:59 AM
I just tried to decorate with my filigree paths and they are only any good to make horizontal paths. :( they look utterly rubbish for vertical ones.

daddyoooz
04-04-15, 08:04 AM
How is it possible to have 100 filigree paths when the storage limit is 99 ???

NorthWoodsKingdom
04-04-15, 08:33 AM
How is it possible to have 100 filigree paths when the storage limit is 99 ???
If ya take a look at the back of the cards for many of the decorative items, you'll see that there isn't a limit listed there like the 99 limit on crops, kitchen items, basic building materials and most craftable things.

Royal decorations are the exception... There is a limit of 55 for those, combined. (Although, the back of their cards won't tell you that, lol.)

Hope that helps. :)

Ps. There also used to be a limit on walls, towers and gates (probably because they give RP) until TL continued to introduce new walls, etc & removed that limit a lil while back.

Pps. Some other items have a limit BELOW 99. For example, faeriebulb seeds cap at 50 and most of the rare jewels (topaz, big ruby, etc) cap at 10.

Liloze
04-04-15, 09:02 AM
Alright S8 I want to know what is the deal with the Garden?
Collected 4 times yesterday,collected twice today and I am only getting coins :mad:
If it is going to give only coins, I'd rather put it in storage and save space,I don't need coins! :rolleyes:

ShibuyaCloth
04-04-15, 09:18 AM
Collected 4 times yesterday,collected twice today and I am only getting coins :mad:
If it is going to give only coins, I'd rather put it in storage and save space,I don't need coins! :rolleyes:

You are probably full of all the stuff it drops. I get petals since I depleted most of my stock in each color.

Liloze
04-04-15, 09:37 AM
You are probably full of all the stuff it drops. I get petals since I depleted most of my stock in each color.

No I am not full on any of these. I do the Royal trades daily with these things, actually I am low on them all!
Which is why am annoyed to no end, as if now S8 is considering these drops RARE :rolleyes:

ginerp
04-04-15, 11:04 AM
I was hoping the garden would keep dropping gloves and clippers so those of us who didn't fully upgrade it still could. One of my kingdoms is one pair of gloves away from a level 8 garden. One. I am so annoyed!!!

bernadette16668
04-04-15, 11:07 AM
My gardens has given me petals , mushroom ( I was full) and fish. I collect from random drop items more than coins only just to see what I get, I'm pretty good on coins.

valmommy
04-04-15, 11:32 AM
I received PURPLE pedals today from the garden! :-)

ShibuyaCloth
04-04-15, 11:42 AM
No I am not full on any of these. I do the Royal trades daily with these things, actually I am low on them all!
Which is why am annoyed to no end, as if now S8 is considering these drops RARE :rolleyes:

There is not trade that uses petals. Mushrooms, fishes, etc. yes. I would love to have more petal drop sources without investing massively in gem based sources.

kittensabc
04-04-15, 12:10 PM
All petals can drop from free plants, red petal can come from red trillium (100%) from adventures, or from pink trillium (50% red 50% white)

readysetgo888
04-04-15, 12:34 PM

I've gotten at least one thing from it every time I've collected... Mostly just one, though I think once or twice it gave me two items. I know I've gotten orange, blue, and purple petals, and mushrooms and fish. I think I might have gotten glimmerdust and/or mermaid scales. I think it always drops a common item (petal or mushroom) and sometimes also drops the rarer items (glimmerdust, fish, mermaid scales).

vulpesvulpes1
04-04-15, 01:49 PM
I was 188 tulips short, though it would have been nice to get the worthless decoration.

anne202b
04-04-15, 02:00 PM
I was 188 tulips short, though it would have been nice to get the worthless decoration.

I was just shy of getting the decoration, too. For me, the 'closure' of the event was more important. LOL :) Never liked that feeling of not finishing something.

Liloze
04-05-15, 01:57 PM
There is not trade that uses petals. Mushrooms, fishes, etc. yes. I would love to have more petal drop sources without investing massively in gem based sources.

Self explanatory (what I trade with at RT ! Not petals!)
I am maxed on some petals, still, I don't get the black flag when I get only coins.
Today after 2 days of absolutely nothing except coins I got one purple petal:rolleyes:

roguebee
04-05-15, 05:50 PM
I've been collecting a mixture of petals, mermaid scales, fish, glimmer dust, mushrooms, all things that have some use.

anurulz
04-05-15, 09:04 PM
I got petals,mostly all of them, glimmer dust, mushrooms, fish and of course a couple mermaid scales..must say I appreciate the mermaid scales most..

vanyelashke1980
04-09-15, 05:28 PM
I've been a daily player and followed the quest for building and upgrading the Castle Gardens. The problems is, now that the quest ended and I was unable to upgrade to level 8 in time, the Gardens still show what is needed to continue upgrading but no supplies needed from collecting from the Gardens will drop.

Is this still able to upgrade? If so, why will it not drop any needed supplies? If not, why does it still show what's needed for the next upgrade? It's very frustrating since I'd like to get it upgraded for the full effect I've seen in other kingdoms.

queentina3
04-09-15, 05:58 PM
I believe the only way to complete the upgrade would be to spend gems. You'll no longer receive clippers or gloves when collecting as they stopped dropping as soon as the event ended. You needed to collect the appropriate amount of clippers and gloves before the timer ran out in order to upgrade it for free.

kudukuda
04-14-15, 05:13 AM

Yes, everyone got it.

I was wireless and gameless for about a week and a half of Passover. Plus kids were home. and to cut a long story short, was only able to log in a couple of days ago, after missing the end of the event by two days. I got the other community prizes, but because I didn't log in on the day the event ended or maybe a couple of days after, I didn't get the last community prize. I only managed to check the forum now to see if we even managed to get the final prize.
It's not that I have a vast need for this decoration, but I think it's wrong!!
I participated in the event as much as I could. I did get the first two community prizes and just because I couldn't log in for a while, doesn't mean I am not eligible for the last prize.
This event it's a decoration. but next event it may be something worth having!.
And yes, I checked my storage, it's not there.
Something doesn't check.

queentina3
04-14-15, 05:25 AM
I was wireless and gameless for about a week and a half of Passover. Plus kids were home. and to cut a long story short, was only able to log in a couple of days ago, after missing the end of the event by two days. I got the other community prizes, but because I didn't log in on the day the event ended or maybe a couple of days after, I didn't get the last community prize. I only managed to check the forum now to see if we even managed to get the final prize.
It's not that I have a vast need for this decoration, but I think it's wrong!!
I participated in the event as much as I could. I did get the first two community prizes and just because I couldn't log in for a while, doesn't mean I am not eligible for the last prize.
This event it's a decoration. but next event it may be something worth having!.
And yes, I checked my storage, it's not there.
Something doesn't check.

As long as you collected in total 950 tulips, then you should receive all the community prizes. Only the individual prizes had certain tulip levels you would've needed to reach in order to receive them. If you've got the Garden Patio Set, the Garden Pond, and no Alicorn Topiary, then I'd email support@teamlava and ask them to check your game. There isn't anything more you needed to do but get 950 Tulips to be awarded those three prizes.

kudukuda
04-15-15, 11:51 PM
As long as you collected in total 950 tulips, then you should receive all the community prizes. Only the individual prizes had certain tulip levels you would've needed to reach in order to receive them. If you've got the Garden Patio Set, the Garden Pond, and no Alicorn Topiary, then I'd email support@teamlava and ask them to check your game. There isn't anything more you needed to do but get 950 Tulips to be awarded those three prizes.
I know you're right, and that was my thinking. But i cant be bothered to open a ticket just for a deco... Oh well....
Thanks