PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 3/12/15 The Flower Frenzy Event!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7

Seriously700
03-23-15, 07:09 AM
i am confused.
we have to download a springversion for this event, but for what?:confused:

why cant we craft tulips?
where is the springadventure?
why cant we do a trade for tulips?
where are the shortquests during this event?
where are the springflowers or other items in the market? - wont you make some money with gems?:confused:

TL is kidding us, if we have only collect tulips for 22days:mad:

I agree! For me, this event isn't about doing things as much as it is about NOT doing things in my kingdoms -all so that I have enough energy to collect every 2 hours from my 8 conservatories.

So I am ignoring my animals, my fruit trees, my coin only buildings, my mushrooms, even to a large degree my flowers! I'm even back to parking monsters most of the time since I had my fill of constantly battling dire boars after the first few days.

I am finding this very tedious. Especially since it's for decorations, most of which will go into storage due to lack of space. The walls are very pretty so I'll likely keep them on my board but I can live without the others.

I have to believe gem sales are way down.

And in the meantime we are missing out on 4 or 5 weeks of updates that could have been about the storyline. I would really like to get some uses for all the faerie building supplies in my inventory!

lizzytish24
03-23-15, 07:30 AM
this quest does not have the newbies or the frugal players in mind! The Beasties have got to start dropping more flowers! 3 for a boar,2 for a fang beast, & 1 for a Skunkupine is not enough flowers! Players who "have a life" do not complete these quests with every 2 hour play times,nor with 4 hour check-ins. I have 950 tulips,I have not been able to play all day,& I have 6 conservatories that is too much for mr Kingdom. Many of my neighbors had to build their first conservatory for this quest. Common sense would give the flowers & crops a much higher drop rate, so newbies & frugal players could complete goal. Maybe, the quest is meant for llevel 30 & up! don't know. A bunch of players will leave Castle Story this time. How many players did TL loose, after the --pay 4 your building with gems @ end of quest,please-- Skunkupine shed??

Korlcek
03-23-15, 08:26 AM
!

Don't forget 2 gems per tulip. That's got to be the most expensive item in the game ever.

Seriously700
03-23-15, 08:30 AM
this quest does not have the newbies or the frugal players in mind! The Beasties have got to start dropping more flowers! 3 for a boar,2 for a fang beast, & 1 for a Skunkupine is not enough flowers! Players who "have a life" do not complete these quests with every 2 hour play times,nor with 4 hour check-ins. I have 950 tulips,I have not been able to play all day,& I have 6 conservatories that is too much for mr Kingdom. Many of my neighbors had to build their first conservatory for this quest. Common sense would give the flowers & crops a much higher drop rate, so newbies & frugal players could complete goal. Maybe, the quest is meant for llevel 30 & up! don't know. A bunch of players will leave Castle Story this time. How many players did TL loose, after the --pay 4 your building with gems @ end of quest,please-- Skunkupine shed??

I've never quite understood TL's strategy. I realize they are hoping that players that are low on resources or time will buy gems to finish these timed quests, but I would think that they are alienating many of their newer customers as well as those with limited game time or limited entertainment money. If the target customers are those that can check into the game a dozen or more times a day, that seems to really be limiting the customer base.

EBJW
03-23-15, 09:58 AM
i am confused.
we have to download a springversion for this event, but for what?:confused:

why cant we craft tulips?
where is the springadventure?
why cant we do a trade for tulips?
where are the shortquests during this event?
where are the springflowers or other items in the market? - wont you make some money with gems?:confused:

TL is kidding us, if we have only collect tulips for 22days:mad:

I agree! It's just so.... basic...
I especially miss making ourselves; making ourselves stimulates enthousiasm, excitement, making more more more! Also for community!

This time I'm not enrhousiastic at all. First thing I didn't like was having to take away lots of buildings and replace them for conservatories. Cause they're the main source next to the one garden,
But then... just wait and collect...
Yawn....

We're making our own fun now: me and a neighbour are hiding our Topiary Dragon. Playing hide and seek! Bringing some fun to people!
Somebody saw my Topiary as a secret agent, yes, right, so I called mine 00Dragon :p
But in fact it's a pity we have to do this to make this event a bit exciting, I think......

AnniePMH
03-23-15, 10:47 AM
I agree! It's just so.... basic...
I especially miss making ourselves; making ourselves stimulates enthousiasm, excitement, making more more more! Also for community!

This time I'm not enrhousiastic at all. First thing I didn't like was having to take away lots of buildings and replace them for conservatories. Cause they're the main source next to the one garden,
But then... just wait and collect...
Yawn....

We're making our own fun now: me and a neighbour are hiding our Topiary Dragon. Playing hide and seek! Bringing some fun to people!
Somebody saw my Topiary as a secret agent, yes, right, so I called mine 00Dragon :p
But in fact it's a pity we have to do this to make this event a bit exciting, I think......

Guilty as charged, lol...But he was really, really good at hiding, though!:cool:;)
On topic: 9075 tulips, lol...:D

littelprincess03
03-23-15, 11:06 AM
hey im only lv 9
would love to participate... but dont have many neighbours would be really great if you would at me :)

dragoniakingdom
03-23-15, 11:20 AM
I would sum up this event in one word - tedious.
:(

queentina3
03-23-15, 11:46 AM

Two words: and repetitive. :p

kudukuda
03-23-15, 11:53 AM

Two words: and repetitive. :p

Boring (that's my word)

dragon2046
03-23-15, 11:58 AM
TL since these all appear to be decorative items is there expansions in our near future ? I'm not speaking for anyone else but my kingdom is very crowded. :)

icastled
03-23-15, 11:59 AM
I agree! For me, this event isn't about doing things as much as it is about NOT doing things in my kingdoms -all so that I have enough energy to collect every 2 hours from my 8 conservatories.

So I am ignoring my animals, my fruit trees, my coin only buildings, my mushrooms, even to a large degree my flowers! I'm even back to parking monsters most of the time since I had my fill of constantly battling dire boars after the first few days.

I am finding this very tedious. Especially since it's for decorations, most of which will go into storage due to lack of space. The walls are very pretty so I'll likely keep them on my board but I can live without the others.

And in the meantime we are missing out on 4 or 5 weeks of updates that could have been about the storyline. I would really like to get some uses for all the faerie building supplies in my inventory!

Initially I tried to work the flowers & crops, ignoring my kingdom, but found that I was using more energy and not getting many tulips. I finally decided to put away my excess plots and flowers (only keeping what I "needed" to meet quests or goals) and continued playing the game as normal. I added 3 conservatories, giving me a total of 4. With collecting from the crops I normally use/need and collecting from the flowers to make Bunches of Flowers, I would get some tulips there, but it was normal collecting, not going out of my way collections. Then when tending animals/crops, the beasts would show up and I would get a better tulip to energy ratio there. It got to a point I was HOPING for the beasts to show up so I could get tulips!!! I never left one alone so I could finish collecting. The more the merrier for tulips :)

It took me a couple of days to realize that I was playing the game in a non-beneficial way and getting no where with tulips. After reverting to normal play (with some adjustment for Bunches of Flowers), I became more successful. I have achieved the 3rd Individual prize (not that the topiary figure was worth it!!) and I'm enjoying the game because I'm still achieving what I want for the rest of the Kingdom. And i even upgraded to Level 8 on the Garden and over half way through the Tea Party.

I have not ignored ANY of my normal tasks and still made these achievements. I only sped up collection once because I couldn't wait the 30 minutes and I would not be able to get back to the game for several hours. That's all...

reliquary
03-23-15, 01:00 PM
I would sum it up as ......Lame.

Lame because a lv. 15 player would barely be able to get the community prize.
Lame because we had no extra goals, and the silly tea party goal does not give tulips.
........because there is nothing new and usefull in the market to buy w gems or otherwise.
.......because poo factories are boring
........because none if it is animated.
........and where are those dignitaries?
.......but most of all.....LAME because it is all deco, and they said they wouldn't do that again.....lame-o

mehershey
03-23-15, 02:44 PM
Question - I recently upgraded to Lvl 8 for my garden but I'm not doing Agua-Kazam because I need rat tails for other quests. Will I still get credit for the upgrade?

mikecyr
03-23-15, 03:09 PM
Question - I recently upgraded to Lvl 8 for my garden but I'm not doing Agua-Kazam because I need rat tails for other quests. Will I still get credit for the upgrade?

I'm not sure what you mean by credit. You should have completed The Faux Fountain goal, but what other credit are you looking for?

55lee55
03-23-15, 03:29 PM
Although this event may be called Flower Frenzy, the only flower that does us any good is the tulip token.

Collecting from flowers has to be the least efficient method of collecting tulips for this event. Although the drop rate for flowers appears to be the same as for crops, very low, at least crops have a higher chance of spawning a beastie which do drop tulips every time you fight one. Since the prizes seem to not have anything to do with a floral theme, and the new descriptions, although the they no longer mention the wedding, they also don't insult our intelligence even further by mentioning flowers either. For that alone, I am thankful. Still, I wonder how many of us got off to a slow start because we naturally assumed that if the word "Floral" was in the name of the event that we would collect more tulips if we put out our flowers to collect tulips. To me this seems a psychological trick to make us believe that if we buy a few more flowers, we would have a better chance to win. In reality, we would be much better off to store all of our flowers and build Conservatories which do have a guaranteed drop. By the time we got this figured out, sadly many of those who cannot set their alarms like I did to collect may have slipped behind in collecting tulips. Fortunately there is still time to catch up for those who are short on time and energy, at the cost of turning your kingdom into a Conservatory collection ;)

I agree that this is the most boring, tedious, event I have ever participated in. There has been no story behind it except a short Tea Party that the Baron throws for his visitors after the Castle Garden reaches Level 8.

The result of leveling up was personally devestating to because I enjoyed the look of the Garden before the fake water ruined the looks of it for me, and it cost me 120 milk which I gladly paid in order to collect the highest amount of tulips for the Community prize. At least I have more than enought time to collect milk as nothing else is going on. I don't find the majority of the prizes themselves to be particularly attractive, and since I need real estate more than decorations, I have buildings that can occupy the same real estate as the Garden when the event is over since it will drop only a few coins and XP, and I need neither at this point. Please note that this is my personal opinion of what I find attractive, and everyone has their own personal likes and dislikes so don't bash me for disliking wrought iron and fake water. Others might find the prizes to be a welcome addition to their Kingdoms and I have seen some very lovely configurations using them in some of my neighbor's Kingdoms, but they don't fit into my decorating scheme.

I could have taken a long vacation during this event and been better off for it, but I stay only because I desire to contribute to the Community because for me the Community, the people who play this game, are much more important than the game itself at this point. I have managed to continue on with this farce of an event because I care about my neighbors, although it becomes more tedious every day. I am grateful for the countdown clock because it tells me when this will finally end.

One method I just decided to use to overcome the boredom was to bring out many of the lovely and truly floral decorations from past quests, and turned my Kingdom into as much of a Floral Frenzy as I could make fit. It is obvious at this point that TL is not going to put any "floral" into this most tedious of "frenzies", so I did it myself after noticing many of my neighbors had done so on their own as well. I have some lovely floral items placed out now which are proof that TL artists know how to produce items with visable flowers that can brighten up the dreary end of Winter blues. That they failed to after the big buildup is a disappointment indeed. Other players are hiding topiaries which is another creative and whimsical approach to **** time until the ordeal is done. Good for you! :D

I am disappointed in this whole event, from the way it was built up, to the way it was presented that we had to do not only the CS update, but the Apple update as well in order to participate in it. Sorry, but since I have proof that TL knows how to produce floral items of great beauty but failed to produce even one for "Floral Frenzy", I don't buy the official line that these prizes were crafted specifically for this Floral Frenzy Event.

There is nothing that anyone can say to convince me that the artists suddenly forgot the meaning of the word "floral", and since they plastered flowers all over the opening wait screen, I cannot believe that the absence of even one truly floral item in the whole event was by design and careful advance planning. I do not object if others believe the TL explanation, and I don't blame Pika for the explanation because she is an employee and no doubt is told exactly what to post here. I feel sad for her in truth, because it has to be a difficult job, and one I wouldn't want.

If this Floral Frenzy Event has achieved nothing else, it has finally lowered my expectations about the quality of the Castle Story game. While this will be good for my pocketbook, I feel a bit sad, like an old friend of mine has moved away, and while we may continue a relationship, it will never be as close as it was before :(

Could someone move this message to the appropriate thread and point me there please? I don't know where opinions and discussions about the Event should go as I have neither a suggestion nor a need to report a bug, and this is about this ongoing event and is not unrelated to it even if deemed to be off topic. Can someone give me some guidance about where I can safely discuss this event and my opinions about it? Thanks.

burritosprings
03-23-15, 03:30 PM

mikecyr --

I'm not sure what you mean by credit. You should have completed The Faux Fountain goal, but what other credit are you looking for?

I think he/she means like other timed events you have to upgrade/finish the building to take benefit from it. In this case the upgrade can be done sooner then the actual goal expiration tied to the event. In the event that the garden does drop items will not finishing the goal hinder this? I think that is what he/she is asking. I know people talked about the rewards not dropping items is that also the case with the garden? Got tired of reading about all the crying and will check first post to see if this has been answered.

queentina3
03-23-15, 03:48 PM

I honestly don't know the answer to this and I'm not sure Kooky or SpiritWind would know either. You may want to PM them and attach your post and ask them to get clarification from a S8 CM. Since you didn't do the timed quest, technically you didn't get the quest to upgrade to level 8. Will that affect you down the line because you did upgrade it? That nobody but TL could tell you as I'm sure they expected people to do the quests.

On a side note, is the garden dropping the appropriate amounts in tulips now that you've upgraded to level 8? That may be an indication that all will be well, but you really should have one of them double check for you.

scotslassuk
03-23-15, 03:58 PM
Couldn't agree more bored out my garden box!!! On this quest it's been a test not a quest.........the biggest test is to stay or leave had enough now!!!!

scotslassuk
03-23-15, 04:20 PM
You know I don't even know why we even bother to complain in this forum as it seems the only ppl that are interested in our views on the TEDIOUS TULIPS!! are the community!! Makes me even more angrier the fact nobody from TL even bother to answer any off the questions posted by players I've seen the same thing asked over n over and it's us the community that are answering. TL sure have an easy job leave it up to the community they will answer the questions being asked!! POINTLESS FORUM!! POINTLESS QUEST!!!
POINTLESS GAME NOW!!!😡😡😡😡

kat8rose
03-23-15, 06:18 PM
The "sneak Peak and musings" thread remains closed, and I think it usually opens on Monday. since we did not get a floral frenzy update last week, hope springs eternal and am hoping for one this Thursday??? can a moderator possibly speak to this?

I am thinking about the pre quest quest, with the egg custard reference and the dye, orange and red...if that has something to do with this floral frenzy, as we were led to believe, then this is the last week to introduce those elements.still don't have enough clippers to upgrade to level 8 on the garden, but keeping the milk levels high so I can upgrade and do the Tea Party quest to start the next part of this quest line ... that is, if there is a continuation?really wish I could trade gloves for clippers lol, but am not going to gem speed up for more gloves. should have enough clippers by Thursday, if need be. So, not asking for specific details etc, can someone... Spirit, Pika... let us know if there will be an update... Then we can go crazy musing about the possibilities! Thanks

SpiritWind00
03-23-15, 06:20 PM

I'll check on this for you...

Out of interest, what goal is still in your goal book? Stalling for thyme? Will let you know when I receive a response back from TL. Thanks.

I'll reopen sneak peek....

mehershey
03-23-15, 06:21 PM
I'm not sure what you mean by credit. You should have completed The Faux Fountain goal, but what other credit are you looking for? Sorry if I was not clear - I meant, would I get the reward for the Faux Fountain goal? It has not appeared in my list of goals so I assume I would need to finish the previous goal first to trigger it. And since I finished the garden without being prompted, do you think it's too late to get the reward? Not that it matters a ton because it's not a huge amount, but I was wondering.

SpiritWind00
03-23-15, 06:24 PM
Yes you have to complete the goal to get to the next one...

If you don't get the reward bc you've levelled up the garden, please let me know. Thanks!

55lee55
03-23-15, 06:28 PM
You know I don't even know why we even bother to complain in this forum as it seems the only ppl that are interested in our views on the TEDIOUS TULIPS!! are the community!! Makes me even more angrier the fact nobody from TL even bother to answer any off the questions posted by players I've seen the same thing asked over n over and it's us the community that are answering. TL sure have an easy job leave it up to the community they will answer the questions being asked!! POINTLESS FORUM!! POINTLESS QUEST!!!
POINTLESS GAME NOW!!!��������

To be fair, Pika, Community Manager has answered my questions here in the forum. I have to admit I don't believe the answers, but it is not Pika's fault and she is doing her job by telling us what her employer tells her to tell us. I too questioned why we hadn't heard from Team Lava, and Pika did answer. Hidden in these may pages are actual answers to many of the questions we ask over and over.

The problem is that for me at least, I don't believe the company excuses.

But we did get some answers and even as unbelievable as I found them to be, they were posted here.

I believe in giving credit where it is due, and we have had answers.

Some questions like the exact drop rates for specific items are not going to be released by any game developers, but experienced players of the game who take the data we post and crunch the numbers for us can come very close to a statistically correct answer. I am grateful that we have fellow players whose experience and knowledge of statistics can answer with some certainty the questions about drop rates.

And although I don't believe a word of the company answers, I credit Pika and others who work for Team Lave/Storm8 that do come here and post answers, even if we see through them. It is better than no answer at all and they are doing their job by telling us what they are told to post. I don't blame them personally because the answers don't add up.

That said, I agree that this is a totally pointless quest, but I can only speak for myself for my opinions.

55lee55
03-23-15, 06:33 PM

If you don't get the reward bc you've levelled up the garden, please let me know. Thanks!

I didn't get anything for leveling up to Level 8 but a Castle Garden with fake water. I got no tulips or other reward but the ruination of a pretty decoration by the addition of fake blue water handles. :(

kat8rose
03-23-15, 06:47 PM
I'll reopen sneak peek....

thank you Ms Spirit ... so, before I pop a vein wondering lol, when is it reasonable for us to expect to be informed as to whether there is an update this week or not? thanks again!

mikecyr
03-23-15, 07:29 PM
Sorry if I was not clear - I meant, would I get the reward for the Faux Fountain goal? It has not appeared in my list of goals so I assume I would need to finish the previous goal first to trigger it. And since I finished the garden without being prompted, do you think it's too late to get the reward? Not that it matters a ton because it's not a huge amount, but I was wondering.

Sorry, that was my misunderstanding. For some reason I thought Agua-Kazam was the last goal, after upgrading the garden to level 8. Guess I don't pay much attention to the goal names. Your question makes perfect sense if you understand that it's prerequisite goal.

mehershey
03-23-15, 08:11 PM

I don't think I got the reward for leveling up - at least, nothing popped up on the screen. I likely won't finish Agua-Kazaam because I need rat tails for two other goals, so I will never officially get the Faux Fountain goal.

AuntyRose32
03-23-15, 09:23 PM
Started the day with 1,765 tulips and ended day eleven with 2,011 tulips. So 246 tulips scrounged, scraped and dragged from hiding today....oh the fun I've had. I'm looking forward to my eight hours of tulip free sleep. G'night all zzZZZZ.

PernReloaded
03-23-15, 09:36 PM
Okay! So I finished upgrading the fountain entirely. While it's not the most attractive, I don't think it's as ugly as a lot are making it out to be. It would be /prettier/ with animation, but I am totally okay with it right now as it is. And I still need money, so it will be sticking around for a bit.

bethaneyl
03-23-15, 09:38 PM
I need help....upgraded garden to Level8 and finished the tea party quest ....rewarded 70coins & 3 Xp....
So now what ...I didn't get a new quest ...is that the end of the event :(
tIa

SpiritWind00
03-23-15, 10:06 PM
I need help....upgraded garden to Level8 and finished the tea party quest ....rewarded 70coins & 3 Xp....
So now what ...I didn't get a new quest ...is that the end of the event :(
tIa
Yes, that's it for goals for now. You can continue to collect tulips to help the community get the community prizes. :)

bethaneyl
03-23-15, 10:20 PM
Ty for answering .....oh yeah I'll defiantly keep collecting ....I'm still working on individual prizes too....��

eastie41
03-23-15, 11:02 PM
Just reached level 8 for my Castle Gardens, I like the look. Not too big, not too small.
I want to thank all the community mods and CS players who continue to answer questions and give tips. You're great. :cool:

PurpleScorpion76
03-24-15, 02:28 AM
I don't think I got the reward for leveling up - at least, nothing popped up on the screen. I likely won't finish Agua-Kazaam because I need rat tails for two other goals, so I will never officially get the Faux Fountain goal.

Why not consider putting your rat tails to this goal after all this event only has a few days left. Whereas the other goals have no time limit.

anurulz
03-24-15, 03:30 AM
Updated my garden to level 8..not very unhappy with the way it looks but animation wud have definitely been better..tulip count 2331...

dragonspearls
03-24-15, 04:21 AM
Waiting on clippers to upgrade to level 8. I have none and they are not dropping. Critter appearance has been slightly better since yesterday, but they seem to be dropping less tulips. Only have 1548 tulips, but I only have 2 conservatories and am not building more (it's ridiculous to have to build 10+ for this event). I'll be happy getting the third individual prize considering the way this event is set up/working.

belbar22
03-24-15, 04:41 AM
How did everyone get their gardens to level 8 so quickly!!! I have collected from my gardens every 4 hours most of the time and I am still on level 6 waiting for 2 clippers that refuse to drop.

anurulz
03-24-15, 04:48 AM
How did everyone get their gardens to level 8 so quickly!!! I have collected from my gardens every 4 hours most of the time and I am still on level 6 waiting for 2 clippers that refuse to drop.
I was lucky with the clipper drops..got one every two gloves drop..

queentina3
03-24-15, 05:08 AM
Started the day with 1,765 tulips and ended day eleven with 2,011 tulips. So 246 tulips scrounged, scraped and dragged from hiding today....oh the fun I've had. I'm looking forward to my eight hours of tulip free sleep. G'night all zzZZZZ.

That is exactly how I felt when I logged off my game last night. I was so tired I didn't even bother coming into the forum to post my numbers.

Yesterday started with 2839 and ended with 3178 (made 4th prize, yay!), so I had a total of 339. That is my best yet, since I've been keeping track. Only on 5/21 was I as close with 335. If I keep it up I'll be able to get the 5th individual prize, and then I don't want to see another flippin' tulip EVER AGAIN. ;)

Up until the last upgrade I always had enough clippers to upgrade when I leveled up. Then I had to wait for the 10 gloves anyways, and got my last clipper while doing that. I will say that I've restarted my second Castle game, the one I used to play on my iPhone, and it is soooo behind in all the goals and with this event, that I even noticed the difference between the drop rate. I've not received one clipper yet and it is on Level 4. I'm not sure how far I'll get in upgrading that one with the clipper drop rate as horrible as it seems to be now. It wasn't like this near the beginning of the event, at least not for me. TL must have made some changes when they noticed people leveling up faster then they wanted them to. :(

dragonspearls
03-24-15, 05:30 AM

Luck with early clipper drops, making upgrade items ahead of time, and collecting from the garden as much as possible (which helped with clipper drops until I reached level 6 at which time they slowed way down).

Seriously700
03-24-15, 05:58 AM

I personally think you should hold onto the rat tails for your other goals, especially if they are hard for you to come by. These quests were set up that you could continue to upgrade the fountain to level 8 even if you don't have the Faux Fountain goal so you are not missing out on being able to upgrade. You will miss out on the tulip reward for Agua Kazaam, as well as a few coin and Xp. I think that's a fair trade off.

Fwiw, I am not planning on giving the 120 milk and 2 sugar as the last goal since there's practically no reward. That's a lot of energy to expend for nothing.

carebear0211
03-24-15, 06:39 AM
Guys and gals - can we please stop complaining about this event? I check this thread almost daily and a majority of the posts are complaints about how this event was not catered to your individual needs and/or wants for the game.

Remember- Castle Story is a GAME and you chose to play it.

:)

mikecyr
03-24-15, 08:34 AM
It wasn't like this near the beginning of the event, at least not for me. TL must have made some changes when they noticed people leveling up faster then they wanted them to. :(

I know math is not a strong suit for a lot of people, but I still find it somewhat amusing when people accuse TL of changing drop rates, when it's clearly just a matter of random distribution. One time I fought a boar and got 0 tulips. Another time, I got 7. That's not evidence that the drop rate changed in between. :)

queentina3
03-24-15, 08:44 AM
I know math is not a strong suit for a lot of people, but I still find it somewhat amusing when people accuse TL of changing drop rates, when it's clearly just a matter of random distribution. One time I fought a boar and got 0 tulips. Another time, I got 7. That's not evidence that the drop rate changed in between. :)

It isn't clear that it's just a matter of distribution and I find it somewhat amusing that there are those out there that think TL may NOT change the drop rate of items when they feel like it. They HAVE been known to do it in the past, you know. Random, random, random....We hear this ALL THE TIME, but how is it random that I got clippers EVERY TIME I clicked on my garden while others NEVER did? I guess I was just randomly LUCKY and they're randomly UNLUCKY, eh? :rolleyes: It is like how TL says that GEM SALES are random, um, no they are not. My iPhone games under the storm id of 2tina has gem sales every other week. This ID, my main one, has NEVER had a gem sale, EVER. That isn't random like they claim, this ID just isn't input into whatever system they use to determine who gets the gem sales.

TL claims random, I claim I smell a rat. They've been known to stretch the truth on many occasions. Please don't belittle people by claiming that math isn't their strong suit. You have no idea what is/isn't a person's strong suit and I find it offensive.

PernReloaded
03-24-15, 09:09 AM

I got clipper drops at least every other time I collected later on in the game, and pretty much every time earlier on., so that's really about it. I didn't have to wait for anything to drop.

kittensabc
03-24-15, 10:53 AM
Has anyone ever had a double drop from the Castle Garden? (i.e. clippers AND a glove) I'm just wondering if that's possible.

meme1098
03-24-15, 10:57 AM
When the clippers drop, it's always been with the gloves, at least for me.

PernReloaded
03-24-15, 11:04 AM
Has anyone ever had a double drop from the Castle Garden? (i.e. clippers AND a glove) I'm just wondering if that's possible.
Yes. That's how I got all my clippers. The gloves were always guaranteed, and I usually got clippers with them.

Liloze
03-24-15, 11:29 AM

It is always the Glove AND the clipper if I am lucky :) The glove is sure drop everytime :)

dragonspearls
03-24-15, 11:40 AM

Yep, I've had it happen. Can't recall if it was ever a clippers only drop. Definitely got them in combo with the gloves.

ReinierMamaWouter
03-24-15, 02:02 PM
Started this morning at 6am my time with 2754 tulips. It's almost bed time and I'm now at 3046! Great day!! 292 tulips!

belbar22
03-24-15, 02:19 PM
Clippers, clippers, where are you? No clippers in the last 2 days. Now need 7 gloves and 7 clippers to upgrade to level 8

katbtodd
03-24-15, 02:29 PM
Seems like they stop the drop of clippers all together.

ShibuyaCloth
03-24-15, 03:23 PM
I have no problems with clippers, that was at L4-L5. (touches wood :rolleyes:) I am at 1 glove from my L8 garden.

mikecyr
03-24-15, 04:03 PM
It isn't clear that it's just a matter of distribution and I find it somewhat amusing that there are those out there that think TL may NOT change the drop rate of items when they feel like it. They HAVE been known to do it in the past, you know.

I would not doubt that TL has on occasion changed a drop rate, but I suspect it's rare, and certainly no where near as often as they are accused of in these forums.

Random, random, random....We hear this ALL THE TIME, but how is it random that I got clippers EVERY TIME I clicked on my garden while others NEVER did? I guess I was just randomly LUCKY and they're randomly UNLUCKY, eh? :rolleyes:

Um, yes. We know some people will be unlucky, so apparently this is a statement that you find it unbelievable that you could be one of the lucky ones? Also, keep in mind that the really unlucky ones are going to be more vocal here than the ones who are doing fine, so it may seem like there are a disproportionate number of unlucky people.

Please don't belittle people by claiming that math isn't their strong suit. You have no idea what is/isn't a person's strong suit and I find it offensive.

I never intended to imply anything about you personally. Yours was simply the latest post along these lines. I probably would have been better off not quoting any particular post. Sorry about that.

PraxisOfGood
03-24-15, 04:13 PM
It is always the Glove AND the clipper if I am lucky :) The glove is sure drop everytime :)

That is my experience as well; gloves every time and clippers half the time. I am now two gloves and one clipper from level 8. I am so sorry for people who haven't had my luck with this!! :(

zaccy678
03-24-15, 04:19 PM

Me too, most of the time...

Manticore whiskers on the other hand.... Manty has suddenly decided that no further whiskers will be dropped, ever!! :rolleyes:

jbfps116
03-24-15, 05:44 PM
Well got the last prize last night! I put it beside my farmhouse and nearly laughed out loud! the already small farmhouse looks like a skyscraper next to the meadow house!!! still cute though.

maizee0404
03-24-15, 05:47 PM
2 gloves off level 3 :D not bad in 2 days i think :)

AuntyRose32
03-24-15, 08:13 PM
Started the day with 2,011 tulips and ended day twelve with 2,228 tulips. So I collected 217 in total today, same as yesterday I think. Tomorrow I will be able to upgrade my garden to level 8, I'm just waiting on 2 gloves and don't want to gem it. Beasties dropped good today, especially the dire boars. I really look forward to seeing these guys now! All in all, not a bad day. Good night to you zzZZZ.

AuntyRose32
03-24-15, 08:28 PM
That is exactly how I felt when I logged off my game last night. I was so tired I didn't even bother coming into the forum to post my numbers.

Yesterday started with 2839 and ended with 3178 (made 4th prize, yay!), so I had a total of 339. That is my best yet, since I've been keeping track. Only on 5/21 was I as close with 335. If I keep it up I'll be able to get the 5th individual prize, and then I don't want to see another flippin' tulip EVER AGAIN. ;)

Lol...this event may have ruined tulips for me...forever! Not really but close, so close.

I just wanted to check your numbers before nodding off, well done. Those are some good numbers, hoping today went as well for you.
I just recorded mine, 217 for today, still not so good...could be worse though. I'll be happy if I make it to the second bundle of gates...is that 3rd or 4th prize, too tired to keep it straight in my head. Anyway, you know what one I mean, I really like the gates so I'll be happy with that.

Need sleep now before I drop the iPad on my face again. Good luck tomorrow.

mehershey
03-24-15, 08:33 PM
Why not consider putting your rat tails to this goal after all this event only has a few days left. Whereas the other goals have no time limit.

Well, if by some chance I have enough close to the end of the game, I'll consider it, but I get tails so rarely I hate to use them for forty tulips. I've only gotten 9 since the event began.

reliquary
03-24-15, 08:46 PM
Btw, you can still make bunches of flowers after getting the garden to level 8

queentina3
03-24-15, 09:01 PM
Lol...this event may have ruined tulips for me...forever! Not really but close, so close.

I just wanted to check your numbers before nodding off, well done. Those are some good numbers, hoping today went as well for you.
I just recorded mine, 217 for today, still not so good...could be worse though. I'll be happy if I make it to the second bundle of gates...is that 3rd or 4th prize, too tired to keep it straight in my head. Anyway, you know what one I mean, I really like the gates so I'll be happy with that.

Need sleep now before I drop the iPad on my face again. Good luck tomorrow.

I've fallen asleep 4 times while playing my second castle game. I started it at 1030p and it's now 1150p and I just logged off of it at 1145p. I seriously kept nodding off as I was trying to figure out what I had to do and didn't have to do with my energy. I finally got up and walked around so as to not fall asleep again and I have no idea if I may have done something I shouldn't have, like sped something up with gems or bought something.....Every time I shook myself awake, leaning over my iPad, my hand was just lying on top of it and sometimes an area was open - the kitchen, plot planting options, the Royal Exchange.......I'll have to check tomorrow on what damage I may have done. :rolleyes:

So then I logged into my main game and finished off quickly before I made a mess of that game and now I'm going to bed before I fall asleep AGAIN. LOL!!! Started with 3178 today and ended with 3526 for 348, so this has been my best day yet since tracking. The dire boars and skunkupines wouldn't leave me alone today, so even with one missed collection, I still did better than previous days. That is what I get for almost running out of sugar and having to plant more. I think on every other harvesting of a plot the skunkupine showed up to distract me. ;) He certainly helped raised my rat tails so I could make more Ivy's Hot Sauce for a Dark Cave Adventure!

3000 is your goal now for the 4th prize which is more walls, paths and the extra gates (since we can buy them as well). Even if you only do 200 a day you'll make it as you have 9 days and you'd only need 3 1/2 to get there. :cool:

I'm just less than 1000 away for the Meadow (4500) and if I keep up I should have it within 4-5 days, 5 if I only get 250 a day, but I don't think any of my counts have been that low since the beginning when I was still building all those conservatories. Which, I thought I'd be able to put them away for a bit once this was over, and I can't, as I started Sinister Sister yesterday and I hadn't counted on that coming up for at least another month. Goes to show my planning stinks! Or I just happened to get through the other goals quicker than I thought. *shrugs* I'll do a whole revamp once this event is over and figure out a way to keep all those conservatories out without looking like a whacko. For now they are inside the new walls with the new path surrounding it, like a garden center/relaxation area. Maybe I'll stick with that. I don't know, to tired to care right now. LOL!!

Well, if by some chance I have enough close to the end of the game, I'll consider it, but I get tails so rarely I hate to use them for forty tulips. I've only gotten 9 since the event began.

Plant sugar and they'll come and drop rat tails if you have the same luck I did today. The buggers wouldn't leave me alone and I got over 25 rat tails just today alone while harvesting sugar. They also attack me when I plant corn but haven't done that since the first days of this event when I needed to build up some stock of them for a trade, I think it was the Belladonna one, but I'm tired so could be getting the wrong one. It was for a goal I had to do via the Exchange and I needed rat tails and had none. I planted corn and they came and dropped them like crazy. Give it a try and hopefully it will work for you too. :D

CLOVERKAITO
03-25-15, 12:47 AM
4517, one glove and one clippers from upgrading to level 8.

Should be able to get my individual prize before I go to bed since I plan to stay up and study for 4 more hours anyway, after that will stop playing until after final exams (this Saturday) :o

Cesar49
03-25-15, 02:39 AM
Personally I've decided not to upgrade to level 8, even though I now have gloves, clippers and all! I really like the level 7 garden, then it gets spoiled (for me, at any rate) by the coloured blobs in the trees, and the fountain that looks like something from a kids' playground! I don't like not finishing goals, but I far prefer the Italian Renaissance garden I have at the moment.

I certainly don't need the rewards, as I have over 26 million gold pieces and have been on level 50 since it was introduced.
I wish that, once a building is fully upgraded, we could display it at the level we like best. The Halloween haunted house was another which I preferred at a lower level, and when I upgraded that I instantly regretted it so this time I'm staying with what I like!!

katbtodd
03-25-15, 02:57 AM
This event can't end with us giving up 120 milks and 2 sugar, We need more !!!!!!!

ShibuyaCloth
03-25-15, 03:22 AM
This event can't end with us giving up 120 milks and 2 sugar, We need more !!!!!!!

Yes, we need silver tea spoons :p

Anaboe
03-25-15, 05:03 AM
Btw, you can still make bunches of flowers after getting the garden to level 8

Yes you can, but not after you've given the milk and sugar.

flovisa
03-25-15, 05:40 AM
94%!!! Way to go! 😄😄 Keep up the good work everyone.

farmerbrown2010
03-25-15, 05:47 AM
Finally am at Level 8 for my garden and at that collection also received my dragon topiary. Not sure if I want the rest of the decorations but will keep collecting for the the rest of the community. Will keep doing the milk goal since I don't have anything else going - the best part was I recieved my final 'wing' 3 days ago and now I have another unicorn!

dragonspearls
03-25-15, 06:28 AM
Yes, we need silver tea spoons :p

Really? Last goal part I saw was 120 milk and 2 sugar. Nothing about teaspoons. :confused:

Wonder how much silver that's going to use up?

katbtodd
03-25-15, 06:34 AM
Really? Last goal part I saw was 120 milk and 2 sugar. Nothing about teaspoons. :confused:

Wonder how much silver that's going to use up?

Sorry laughing here she just teasing you

dragonspearls
03-25-15, 06:39 AM
Sorry laughing here she just teasing you

Oh good. Not sure I could handle one more requirement for this event. :)

On a brighter note, I'm one clipper away from upgrading to level 8, and 40-something tulips away from the third individual prize. Probably don't have a chance to reach the fourth, but will continue to collect tulips for the community prizes.

tigerlillyherron
03-25-15, 06:45 AM
Lvl 31 here. Hi everyone. Ive built a second conservatory. Lvl 3 and 2 currently. Having a good time. Avergaing more than 200 tulips daily.
Also..a tip. Ive still been sending out adventures. They come back with beams for upgrades and traps for beasts. Storm 8 in on point for these event.
I also have 99 milk and sugars on stand by for final goal. (Late today i will have completed final 8 upgrade. Just waiting on a few gloves)
You unfortunately there is no way i can fit 3 conservatories in my kingdom. No way it will fit. Trying my best to expand today.
But i really want that gate to add to my other rewards! :)
Fun fun. Happy hunting!

katbtodd
03-25-15, 06:50 AM
Oh good. Not sure I could handle one more requirement for this event. :)

On a brighter note, I'm one clipper away from upgrading to level 8, and 40-something tulips away from the third individual prize. Probably don't have a chance to reach the fourth, but will continue to collect tulips for the community prizes.
You may make it .After I collection and give the milk and sugar my book gone, may be there be an up date to help with the tulips read a few rumors or hopes this will happen

tigerlillyherron
03-25-15, 06:54 AM
My rewards so far

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19371&d=1427291794 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=19371&d=1427291794)

katbtodd
03-25-15, 06:56 AM
Lvl 31 here. Hi everyone. Ive built a second conservatory. Lvl 3 and 2 currently. Having a good time. Avergaing more than 200 tulips daily.
Also..a tip. Ive still been sending out adventures. They come back with beams for upgrades and traps for beasts. Storm 8 in on point for these event.
I also have 99 milk and sugars on stand by for final goal. (Late today i will have completed final 8 upgrade. Just waiting on a few gloves)
You unfortunately there is no way i can fit 3 conservatories in my kingdom. No way it will fit. Trying my best to expand today.
But i really want that gate to add to my other rewards! :)
Fun fun. Happy hunting!

I build 10 extra conservatories I didn't have the room either so I place some of the building we were not using in Storage

Liloze
03-25-15, 07:14 AM
That is my experience as well; gloves every time and clippers half the time. I am now two gloves and one clipper from level 8. I am so sorry for people who haven't had my luck with this!! :(

Today I finally got the needed Clippers to upgrade to level 8,though I was reluctant to do it.
However, considering we need tons of tulips for the last community prize, I just did :)
Hopefully the clippers drop rate will improve for everyone, good luck to you :)

Liloze
03-25-15, 07:16 AM
Me too, most of the time...

Manticore whiskers on the other hand.... Manty has suddenly decided that no further whiskers will be dropped, ever!! :rolleyes:

Yep Manties are whimsical lol, I am now maxed on whiskers so I tap them for fur :)
Good luck with the whiskers ;)

katbtodd
03-25-15, 07:51 AM
My rewards so far

Your kingdom is very nicly laid out .. Looking really good

lillyrosebud25
03-25-15, 08:08 AM
Does anyone know what comes after the tea time quest? I've tried to have a look to see if anyone's posted anything about it and only seen something about silver spoons? Is there further quests and prizes after the tea time one? ��

queentina3
03-25-15, 08:14 AM
Does anyone know what comes after the tea time quest? I've tried to have a look to see if anyone's posted anything about it and only seen something about silver spoons? Is there further quests and prizes after the tea time one? ��

Not yet, the silver teaspoons was just a joke. :)

lillyrosebud25
03-25-15, 08:19 AM

Oh ok haha! Makes sense now :) thanks!

dragonspearls
03-25-15, 08:42 AM
Anyone know if the garden and conservatories will continue to drop tulips through the end of the event once we complete level 8 and the tea party?

vednir
03-25-15, 08:43 AM
I build 10 extra conservatories I didn't have the room either so I place some of the building we were not using in Storage

I ended up building an extra 12 conservatories so now I have a total of 20 out. to create the space I ended up storing all non-resource buildings. I wish that stored buildings didn't count towards your royal building limit as I'm sure the next community event isn't going to require conservatories and to build whatever building we'll need then will require selling some of the conservatories.

Can you imagine 20 libraries out?

ciarjen
03-25-15, 08:51 AM
I ended up building an extra 12 conservatories so now I have a total of 20 out. to create the space I ended up storing all non-resource buildings. I wish that stored buildings didn't count towards your royal building limit as I'm sure the next community event isn't going to require conservatories and to build whatever building we'll need then will require selling some of the conservatories.

Can you imagine 20 libraries out?

I am sure with the next community event they will not have collections based on something that we can build multiples of.

I don't think it was ever in their plan that we would be able to bypass their deliberate low drop rate of tulips by building conservatories. I think it was an oversight and their intention was that people would compensate the low tulip rate with using gems to level up and collect.

PernReloaded
03-25-15, 09:05 AM
I did some math for my collection rate out of pure curiosity. If I collected purely from the two (2) conservatories I have and the garden (upgraded to level 8 the other day) three times a day, and got some tulips from some other sources, I could average out 150 without breaking a sweat. 9x150= 1350. I have just over 1900 now, so that would put me at 3250 - the fourth prize would definitely be in my grasp. I think I'm okay with that. If I really pulled some collection weight and did four times a day - like when the dogs wake me up to go outside in the middle of the night - plus tulips from some miscelaneous sources, I could potentially manage 200/day, which would put me within a hairsbreadth of that fourth prize.

I simply can't decide if I want to try for it, though :P

queentina3
03-25-15, 09:18 AM
Anyone know if the garden and conservatories will continue to drop tulips through the end of the event once we complete level 8 and the tea party?

Of course they would. They'll continue to drop tulips until the event officially ends, then the garden will just drop coins and xp and the conservatory will drop its normal items.

8hat
03-25-15, 09:46 AM
For events they should change the powers of Sir Piggles and let him drop whatever item we are collecting, along with his usual drops, of course.

clarity625
03-25-15, 10:50 AM
I have 4613 tulips. Got all individual prizes, but I have no space to put the meadow so it is in storage. I have been planning to keep conservatories out until the end of event for the good of the community, but I may put away 2 of them leaving only 15 out, because I desperately need the space.
My castle garden is level 7 and I don't intend to update it anymore. I like the way it looks now. I bought a fancy fountain before and they look good (to me) together in front of my Castle.

perry5
03-25-15, 11:10 AM
Finally reached 4600. I'm sorry but I just DON'T get the meadow. What in the world could live in that cottage? A flea???

meme1098
03-25-15, 12:11 PM
I am sure with the next community event they will not have collections based on something that we can build multiples of.

I don't think it was ever in their plan that we would be able to bypass their deliberate low drop rate of tulips by building conservatories. I think it was an oversight and their intention was that people would compensate the low tulip rate with using gems to level up and collect.

Yep...you hit the nail right on the head! They've been dropping the ball for the last few months.

glacialblaze
03-25-15, 12:52 PM
We're at 100% (yay!)

Still, I'm not sure if I'll display this prize. As others have said, it's the scale. (The problems with scale are one of the things I find most frustrating with the game the other being the difficulty in creating symmetrical layouts.)

PurpleScorpion76
03-25-15, 01:13 PM
Well done everyone one more community prize left to go!

jujubaland07
03-25-15, 01:20 PM
I had hopes this pond would be an actual useful one. I guess it's really all decorations.

SpiritWind00
03-25-15, 01:26 PM
Hi all, quick update and I'll put this in post 2 as well... I sent a question through to TL about the Tea Time goal questioning whether or not it needs to be done and its purpose given it doesn't reward any tulips. This goal is basically your choice whether you complete it or not and won't affect any other progress in the event.

So, if you'd rather use your milk elsewhere, that's fine. If you've already completed it, that's ok too. I haven't heard whether or not there are any additional goals this week either.

Any unfinished goals will disappear when the event expires as is normal practice.

zaccy678
03-25-15, 01:38 PM
There's no purpose other than to collect 70 coins and 3xp??

sadly, apparently not.... SW

Liloze
03-25-15, 01:56 PM
Hi all, quick update and I'll put this in post 2 as well... I sent a question through to TL about the Tea Time goal questioning whether or not it needs to be done and its purpose given it doesn't reward any tulips. This goal is basically your choice whether you complete it or not and won't affect any other progress in the event.

So, if you'd rather use your milk elsewhere, that's fine. If you've already completed it, that's ok too. I haven't heard whether or not there are any additional goals this week either.

Any unfinished goals will disappear when the event expires as is normal practice.

Arghhhh :(. I just started today and I am at 74% of the goal :(
I should have followed my intuition and let the timer runs out :(
Bummer :(

Thank you SW

AnniePMH
03-25-15, 01:59 PM
There's no purpose other than to collect 70 coins and 3xp??

sadly, apparently not.... SW

That is certainly some very expensive milk! Lol...:rolleyes:

ebenezermac
03-25-15, 02:07 PM
Awww....I was hoping for an option to get that alicorn topiary now for 1,800,000,000 gems. TL please fix this.

ShibuyaCloth
03-25-15, 02:12 PM

If it was the Baron, it would have been GOLDEN spoons ;)

robotparade
03-25-15, 02:25 PM
I have only two conservatories, but was able to level my garden up to Lv. 8, and so far have the dragon topiary and everything beneath that.

I have to say, the rewards have been underwhelming. I love the wrought iron fence. But everything else is basically useless, not to scale, and not very attractive.

And what is the point of the Tea Time challenge???

katbtodd
03-25-15, 02:36 PM
I have only two conservatories, but was able to level my garden up to Lv. 8, and so far have the dragon topiary and everything beneath that.

I have to say, the rewards have been underwhelming. I love the wrought iron fence. But everything else is basically useless, not to scale, and not very attractive.

The meadow is my hobbit hole

AnniePMH
03-25-15, 02:39 PM

I would have loved to make 100 golden spoons!:D Sadly, 'there is no spoon'...lol

ShibuyaCloth
03-25-15, 02:51 PM
I would have loved to make 100 golden spoons!:D Sadly, 'there is no spoon'...lol

If you are in rush to satisfy the baron during this event, you can also offer him.... 100 golden obelisks ;)

AnniePMH
03-25-15, 03:10 PM
If you are in rush to satisfy the baron during this event, you can also offer him.... 100 golden obelisks ;)

Lol, sorry, I bought Christmas Trees with all my spare coins...;)

sweetthing1
03-25-15, 03:21 PM

I have to agree......very disappointed in this event......have not put out a single decoration and frankly getting a bit bored with my castle game.....need something fun:)

bernadette16668
03-25-15, 04:55 PM
I put the tiny garden by my fairy house it looks better there.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-25-15, 05:02 PM
Well, I'm not surprised that the garden pond doesn't even drop water (c'mon TL, was it really that hard to code it like a regular pond?) but .... I literally laughed out loud when I read the back of *this* card:
LOL!!! I'm sorry but WHO naps in a pond? ... The hobbits from the meadow are the only ones who could even fit on that tiny lily pad! LOLOL

PraxisOfGood
03-25-15, 05:02 PM

Not only are they still dropping tulips, they still drop gloves and clippers. Wish I could gift them to people having trouble with drops.

queentina3
03-25-15, 05:12 PM

Nah, something more rare and precious, Mithril! Bwahaha!

Ok, Neo. :p

Was he born with one of those in his mouth as well? He does have a BIG mouth. ;)

Not only are they still dropping tulips, they still drop gloves and clippers. Wish I could gift them to people having trouble with drops.

I wish we could as well, as I would have been doing that from the start and even now, I'd send them to my second game which needs them. LOL!!

dragonspearls
03-25-15, 05:21 PM

Thank you. I'm with you. Wish we could gift them to neighbors who need them. They're only wasting inventory space along with a variety of items leftover from other events. Not that I have a lot of those. I was too low level to be able to do much with the Thanksgiving and Christmas events. If I could, I'd put those milking maids out by the cows and the geese out by a pond.

queentina3
03-25-15, 05:41 PM
I put the tiny garden by my fairy house it looks better there.

I need to get one of those for my main game, only my secondary game had the gems for it. I think that'll be my next gem purchase for my main game as I really want one of those.

For now, this is where I placed mine. The fruit trees tower over it. LMAO!!! I mean, the trees on it are so much tinier then even the ones on the garden, and they were both made for the same event? Did two different people work on them, as otherwise, I'd think they'd have made them equally to scale. :eek:

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b342/queentina3/TeamLava/th_01cb96c5ac15d0d3ddb443b01aed8b73dc0eb76f1c_zpsv qopfhhn.jpg (http://s22.photobucket.com/user/queentina3/media/TeamLava/01cb96c5ac15d0d3ddb443b01aed8b73dc0eb76f1c_zpsvqop fhhn.jpg.html)

AuntyRose32
03-25-15, 08:28 PM
Started my day with 2,228 tulips and ended day thirteen with 2,438. So 210 tulips collected today, beasties were popping up pretty good today, upgraded my garden to level 8. Off to bed I go, good luck all and good night.

GaSaKaDa
03-25-15, 11:27 PM
I'll keep collecting for the community goal but I think it'll all go into storage anyway, been great having something to do though. I can't quite bring myself to make the change from level 7 stylish pond to level 8 kids playground spinner thing, although I think I'll have to eventually as I can't bear to leave a challenge unfinished!

What's next I wonder? Still hoping they'll be expansions soon and maybe we'll make it down to the glasshouse temple thing? Hoping that there'll be a bit more care than there has been over the last few weeks, want to feel the CS love again.

AnniePMH
03-25-15, 11:33 PM
Well, I'm not surprised that the garden pond doesn't even drop water (c'mon TL, was it really that hard to code it like a regular pond?) but .... I literally laughed out loud when I read the back of *this* card:
LOL!!! I'm sorry but WHO naps in a pond? ... The hobbits from the meadow are the only ones who could even fit on that tiny lily pad! LOLOL

It's not even a good idea to nap *by* a pond. Full of mosquitoes and spiders...:eek:

possibilitys
03-26-15, 12:07 AM
Ended the day up 358 tulips for a total of 4,855. Yay! Totals for the day improving now I've upgraded my castle gardens to level 8. Good luck all!

katbtodd
03-26-15, 01:32 AM
Sorry guys I have to laugh here reading posts,, I remember the pyre Event , everybody was complaining to TL that they were out of scale and to large, This event yes ,they seem down scale a lot may be a bit to much on acouple of them but then again they are just decor.TL must know we are running out room they hear it from us all the time . It would of been nice for my hobbit hole to have been bigger and drop some thing. And like NW said , the pond to drop water. but when this event is over ,I am thinking most of have will stick it in our inventories,and we will go on with the game, with high hopes the next up date will take us on another adventure in our kingdoms..

queentina3
03-26-15, 02:47 AM
Started my day with 2,228 tulips and ended day thirteen with 2,438. So 210 tulips collected today, beasties were popping up pretty good today, upgraded my garden to level 8. Off to bed I go, good luck all and good night.

Yay, I wasn't sure if you were going to get enough supplies to upgrade it yesterday or not. I fell asleep before posting, so before I go into my game, here's my stats for yesterday: Started 3526 and ended with 3879 for a whopping 353! Every day I'm getting just that few more than the previous day. And yes, the beasties were definitely out. I had to milk some cows as I used up hide, don't recall how or why, and I kept getting attacked. Every other cow I touched and it was like, WHAM!

Though, I have to say that only a few tulips dropped each time, unlike before where every hit was dropping a tulip for me. :(

judafarm
03-26-15, 03:34 AM
It looks like that the Alicorn is also a decorative prize.

In the messeage on page 1 it says that all the individual prizes are all decorative..

But as I see now the alicorn as comminity prize looks this is the same looks as the dragon :(

All this hours of work and buying of many conservatorium just for this decorative Alicorn??? If this so, that i am really really disappointed :(

All the work just for make the inventory bigger and bigger :(

kat8rose
03-26-15, 07:29 AM
can someone please let us know if there will be an update today, and if it will be a continuation of this quest line... Do we need to finish the Tea Party goal? please and thank you

meme1098
03-26-15, 07:47 AM
In my travels today across many kingdoms, I have noticed a sadness taking over. According to a reliable source, (thanks Hoo) TFS (Tulip Fatigue Syndrome) is now taking a firm grip on most of Castledom.

However, several support groups have popped up. Hamalot's group TOT (tired of tulips) and Lorraine's SATOT (sick & tired of tulips) have meetings at several different times & locations across the lands.

A pamphlet is available upon request. Don't suffer alone or in silence. Only time will tell (9 days & counting) how we will survive and emerge stronger.

scotslassuk
03-26-15, 07:50 AM
Can anyone tell me is it worth giving away so much milk n sugar for so little reward? Or is it compulsory so that you get a complete quest or if I decide not to give the milk am I going to lose out on anything apart from xp and coins. Tnx for answering

meme1098
03-26-15, 07:54 AM

Here's SW's answer a few pages back.

Liloze
03-26-15, 08:23 AM
I am developing Anthrophobia now after the cornphobia!
I really really don't want to see any kind of flower for a decade, let alone the darn tulip!
And there's still 9 days to go :rolleyes:
And what's more I was so stupid to finish the Tea Party goal too (very expensive milk):mad:
I tell ya folks, skip it, let the timer run out, better use the milk in the royal exchange, or in the kitchen.
Learn from my mistake ( hits head against the wall) :mad:
Ok so is there an update today or what?

Editing to add : The Conservatory was one of my favorite buildings in CS , now....not so much!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-26-15, 08:27 AM
It's not even a good idea to nap *by* a pond. Full of mosquitoes and spiders...:eek:

In my travels today across many kingdoms, I have noticed a sadness taking over. According to a reliable source, (thanks Hoo) TFS (Tulip Fatigue Syndrome) is now taking a firm grip on most of Castledom.

However, several support groups have popped up. Hamalot's group TOT (tired of tulips) and Lorraine's SATOT (sick & tired of tulips) have meetings at several different times & locations across the lands.

A pamphlet is available upon request. Don't suffer alone or in silence. Only time will tell (9 days & counting) how we will survive and emerge stronger.
LOL, I either accidentally napped by my mosquito/spider pond because I caught TFS and I think I may need to start the DSaToT support group (add the D word in front of "sick & tired of tulips" lol) cuz I can't seem to shake the headache & nausea I've had for the past few days (for real, lol) ... And noooooo, I'm not preggers lol.
Maybe it's just the pollen from the tulips that's finally getting to me.
Are we there yet??? lol
UPDATE?????????

Anaboe
03-26-15, 08:27 AM
I gave the milk, because, beside the trade, I don't have any better use for it, and with two lvl 5 stables it's coming in fast enough.

Have 6,280 tulips, but am getting worried about getting that last community prize. Still a bit dissapointed that it's only deco, but having a tiny bit of hope for the last prize. Secretly I'd rather not have him, than finding out it's deco too...

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-26-15, 08:31 AM
I gave the milk, because, beside the trade, I don't have any better use for it, and with two lvl 5 stables it's coming in fast enough.

Have 6,280 tulips, but am getting worried about getting that last community prize. Still a bit dissapointed that it's only deco, but having a tiny bit of hope for the last prize. Secretly I'd rather not have him, than finding out it's deco too...
Oh, we'll get it; I have no doubt... Probably next Thursday night. The question is: Will he be possessed like the dragon topiary? Lol

Liloze
03-26-15, 08:32 AM
Oh, we'll get it; I have no doubt... Probably next Thursday night. The question is: Will he be possessed like the dragon topiary? Lol

Lol I do hope so, we can pretend it is animated :p

AnniePMH
03-26-15, 08:35 AM

I worked my way through these symptoms, and think I may have got out on the other side, lol. Hang in there, community!:D 12 434 tulips and counting:p

meme1098
03-26-15, 08:35 AM

I hope so too, since my topi-dragon never did anything but stand & stare at Sabina's house.

I worked my way through these symptoms, and think I may have got out on the other side, lol. Hang in there, community!:D 12 434 tulips and counting:p

Oh, Nat, you're just too funny. We may need your expertise at the next TOT &/or SATOT meeting.

PernReloaded
03-26-15, 09:04 AM
Can anyone tell me is it worth giving away so much milk n sugar for so little reward? Or is it compulsory so that you get a complete quest or if I decide not to give the milk am I going to lose out on anything apart from xp and coins. Tnx for answering

It's not mandatory in any way - that was confirmed a while back - so giving the milk is rather pointless. Not worth it at all.

possibilitys
03-26-15, 09:16 AM
I fear I may relapse. I need a good SATOT sponsor to keep me on track. Any takers?

scotslassuk
03-26-15, 10:14 AM
Pmsl love it that's the best I've seen on this quest yet!! I for one am definatley suffering from SATOTTH!! Sick and tired off tedious tulip hunting!! Proud to stand and be counted!!

scotslassuk
03-26-15, 10:15 AM
Tnx for answering didn't see the answer prior to posting

scotslassuk
03-26-15, 10:16 AM
It's not mandatory in any way - that was confirmed a while back - so giving the milk is rather pointless. Not worth it at all.
Tnx for answering didn't see an answer prior to posting

scotslassuk
03-26-15, 10:20 AM
Here's SW's answer a few pages back.

Thank you didn't see the answer prior to posting

scotslassuk
03-26-15, 10:23 AM
I had hopes this pond would be an actual useful one. I guess it's really all decorations.

I actually LOL'd when I got the pond!! Had to zoom in to see the trees and I think mine has a plug in the middle!!! 😂😂😂😂😂😂

kat8rose
03-26-15, 10:23 AM
Pika posted on last page of sneak peek and musings thread that there is no goal update in Castle today.

midsom
03-26-15, 10:28 AM
I just saw that, so this is the world event, picking tulips for decorations, a bit lame really.

CharmOfLea
03-26-15, 10:41 AM
It's official then. CS is outta love.

tuffyjkitten
03-26-15, 10:45 AM
Makes no sense... Why did the dignitaries want to talk to us? What happened there? The whole story line just gets left hanging because there is no additional update today?

I'm sad and will have PTSD if I ever see a real tulip anywhere. :(

PernReloaded
03-26-15, 10:54 AM
Tnx for answering didn't see an answer prior to posting
Not a problem <3 Things are easily buried in this thread! But you don't have to worry at all if you don't give up that milk and sugar (unless you're a completionist like me)

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-26-15, 11:02 AM
Makes no sense... Why did the dignitaries want to talk to us? What happened there? The whole story line just gets left hanging because there is no additional update today?

I'm sad and will have PTSD if I ever see a real tulip anywhere. :(
Indeed!
Who ARE these noble dignitaries, anyway? From what "far away land" are they traveling? Did they like our improvements and enjoy their tour of the castle garden? Are they just imaginary like Ivy suspects of the Baron's "royal gardeners"? Ivy also mentioned lilies and chrysanthemums on the goal page to visit the conservatory, so where are THOSE flowers besides on the new log-in page? lol Ivy also needed the monster drops we gave to make a "limber liquid" spell to get the fountain flowing and yet the fountain still doesn't flow at ALL.
So many unanswered questions.
Seems to me that we are *still* drinking tea, on the edge of our seats to hear what they have to say to us .... Guess we'll never know & I hope they like their tea plain & straight up cuz they're not getting milk or sugar from me. The Baron is now forever my "milk man". Lol

PrincessCupOButter
03-26-15, 11:02 AM
The game has officially become completely boring. Signing up for D-SATOT effective immediately.
3338 Tulips
A dozen extra each of gloves AND clippers.
Maxed (or in the upper 90's) on petals, seed piles, fertilizer, beast drops, etc.
A whole bunch of new decorations in the giant cellar.

Yes, I'm complaining. Yep, I'm ungrateful. At least for Halloween and the dreaded candy corn (shudder), we got to send the Knights on adventures, make candy corn, etc. There was SOMETHING to do besides checking conservatories, allowing us to use up the resources we gathered collecting the candy corn. PLUS, we got some very useful rewards. This quest.....Blah.... The most interesting part is reading the comments from the very creative minds here in the forum!

I am still collecting for the community. If I get the last prize (hobbit house) ok, if not...still okay. The fences are the only prize (s) that are useful to me. Now I'm off to suggestions thread to beg once again for TLS8 to make the tabs in the cellar functional. Tired of wading through pages of decorations. Sigh.

Liloze
03-26-15, 11:21 AM
That's it? :confused:

No update, no adventure, nothing to let use all these petals we collected?!

Why the Tea Time then? Why the heck the dignitaries came ? for What purpose? :rolleyes:

I think the Baron want to turn us all into members of the SATOT :mad:

Now I shiver everytime I see a conservatory, or that....flower ...
( not naming the darn flower ) to spare others' sensibilities ;)

**** me now ...There's 9 days left for this torture to finish! :eek:

kudukuda
03-26-15, 11:24 AM
I hope so too, since my topi-dragon never did anything but stand & stare at Sabina's house.

Oh, Nat, you're just too funny. We may need your expertise at the next TOT &/or SATOT meeting.

Sign me up. And i am at 10% of Nat's stats....
Lor, can I get the pamphlet please?

starbows
03-26-15, 11:29 AM
Another thursday without an update ? There was no St. Patricks Day special, seems like there'll be no Easter Event either. This world event is so boring, I don't care if I get any decorations. TL could at least let us expand to the last building south-east, if they think this game has reached its EOL.

PurpleScorpion76
03-26-15, 12:03 PM
Woopee! An energy bundle with 2 clippers and 3 gloves for 3.99. I need to find my purse. Lol.

vednir
03-26-15, 12:04 PM
So this is a 3 week event that basically involves grinding millions of clicks from the player base for a set of decorations. Some people will do it for lack of anything better to do. The completionists will do it because that's what they do. But aside from the few lines of dialogue to introduce the event there are no intermediate steps? There is no additional storyline whatsoever? Have the staff really been pushed so far off Castle Story onto other TL games that they just need to set this game on a 3 week cruise control and come back to collect their gems later? What if not enough people buy/spend gems on pointless collection of tulips? Will the coding staff be even further reduced and shifted to other, less mature games that produce a higher return in terms of gems purchased?

Why not just admit they're done with the game, expand to the crown and wrap things up and try to get everyone off to Fantasy Story or Restaurant Story 2 or whatever game they're pushing next?

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-26-15, 12:07 PM
Woopee! An energy bundle with 2 clippers and 3 gloves for 3.99. I need to find my purse. Lol.
LOL! Mine's $1 more! Lol
Yo! TL/S8!! ~ Where's the bundle with the white paths, rainbows and rose bouquet from the app pic????

PraxisOfGood
03-26-15, 12:08 PM

Maybe talking to the dignitaries (with or without their milky milk tea) will be the start of the next questline that will start after this event is over? I'm grasping at straws here, because the story really does feel like it stopped at the climax.

I'm still upbeat, though, because I'm still working through nine other questlines. In a sense, I suppose I appreciate an event that requires no effort on my part, because it gives me a chance to upgrade my jousting arena and build an amphitheater and cathedral to push the magic garden storyline along.

burritosprings
03-26-15, 12:20 PM
sorry S8 my discretionary income went to buying 2 Fish Sammies at Arby's. Now back to making Fish sammies in CS. seems this game is going the way of other games...I now begin to click the heels of my Purple Hide Slippers 3 times and repeat. No Place like Home Design .. No Place like Home Design...No place like Home Design Story

readysetgo888
03-26-15, 12:28 PM
Put me down on the list of complainers. This event was LAME. I don't give a **** whether I even get any of the prizes. No additional update with no goals to finish the storyline is LAME. At least I can finally spend my rat tails on something other than completing the one goal... I feel sorry for those who used them pointlessly for that, especially if you're in the early/middle of the game where rat tails are super hard to come by. I was saving them through this week's update just in case completing that stupid goal led to a new and better goal, but I guess I can give up hope that anything worthwhile is going to happen in this event.

I love this game so much. It is so fun and I've had such a great time with it since I starting playing like 3 months ago. I'll be very sad when I run out of goals and reach the place a lot of you all are, with nothing to do, and pretty much losing hope of any update with substance.

PurpleScorpion76
03-26-15, 12:35 PM
LOL! Mine's $1 more! Lol
Yo! TL/S8!! ~ Where's the bundle with the white paths, rainbows and rose bouquet from the app pic????

I'm in the UK. So mine is in British Pounds.

zaccy678
03-26-15, 12:43 PM
What if not enough people buy/spend gems on pointless collection of tulips? Will the coding staff be even further reduced and shifted to other, less mature games that produce a higher return in terms of gems purchased?

I hope not :(

I used to have an awesome little Nightclub that has now disappeared into the ether.
I don't want my kingdom to follow...

meme1098
03-26-15, 12:56 PM
Sign me up. And i am at 10% of Nat's stats....
Lor, can I get the pamphlet please?

sure thing....

I think we'll need some more speakers to round out the meeting.
New Topics in the days ahead:
What was the point for merely decor?
Where are the dignitaries & what was their reason for visiting?
Where do we go from here in 8 days?
Clippers & where to find them?

zaccy678
03-26-15, 12:57 PM
LOL! Mine's $1 more! Lol

$6.49 anyone?
Aussies win!!

newzealander
03-26-15, 01:00 PM
$6.49 anyone?
Aussies win!!

Kiwis win actually. $6.49 here also. NZ dollars :)

newzealander
03-26-15, 01:02 PM
Can someone please tell me how you can take 75% off the cost of something that has never been available before at any price???

tigerlillyherron
03-26-15, 01:05 PM
Maybe talking to the dignitaries (with or without their milky milk tea) will be the start of the next questline that will start after this event is over? I'm grasping at straws here, because the story really does feel like it stopped at the climax.

I'm still upbeat, though, because I'm still working through nine other questlines. In a sense, I suppose I appreciate an event that requires no effort on my part, because it gives me a chance to upgrade my jousting arena and build an amphitheater and cathedral to push the magic garden storyline along.

I vote to have an option of telling the baron where i think he should put his treasure.. (a place where the sun will never shine and we not talking the troll pit) The idea of opting out of his storyline overjoys me. Sadly....we are not offered this alternative.

queentina3
03-26-15, 01:57 PM
Can someone please tell me how you can take 75% off the cost of something that has never been available before at any price???

I'm not sure, LOL, but it may be that they go by gem cost. Isn't it 15 gems each to skip a clipper and a glove? Add up those 15 gems each and then how much it would cost, gem wise, for 100 energy and there's the original total. Take 75% off of that and you should get the price showing.

I haven't done it, and I'm not going to as I really don't care that much, but I think that may be where they come up with the figures. *shrugs*

Liloze
03-26-15, 01:59 PM
sure thing....

LOL Almost spat my Jack Daniel's on the screen :D
ahhhhemmm ...yes I am trying to drown my TFS in booze lol :o

Count me in please, the D-SATOT GROUP...

And also Could you please add another topic ?

Where to PLACE the decor ?

At least S8 could have provided some expansions since there's no update...
Back to my J.D.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-26-15, 02:10 PM
sure thing....

LOL!! Luv it, Lorrainne!!
*raising hand*
I'll speak to the D-SaToT group on "Where the bloomin' H are the rose bouquet, rainbows and white tiles???" Lol

Ps. BYOB, Liloze...and enuf to share lol

anissada
03-26-15, 02:13 PM
uhm.. i think i will take the fabuleous offer for the 1400 Gems ;)
best offer ever , maybe i can use it as ransom for my missing wali?

Liloze
03-26-15, 02:15 PM
*raising hand*
I'll speak to the D-SaToT group on "Where the bloomin' H are the rose bouquet, rainbows and white tiles???" Lol

You bet ;) Cheers all ...wait a second just to find where my mouth is :p

readysetgo888
03-26-15, 02:34 PM
best offer ever , maybe i can use it as ransom for my missing wali?

I lol'd at this.

PraxisOfGood
03-26-15, 03:17 PM
I'm not sure, LOL, but it may be that they go by gem cost. Isn't it 15 gems each to skip a clipper and a glove? Add up those 15 gems each and then how much it would cost, gem wise, for 100 energy and there's the original total. Take 75% off of that and you should get the price showing.

I haven't done it, and I'm not going to as I really don't care that much, but I think that may be where they come up with the figures. *shrugs*

I can't make the math work. For $20 US, you could get 400 gems if you bought them at the no-bulk rate (which you never would, since the everyday no-sale volume discount for $20 is 530 gems). And 100 energy would cost 170 gems if yiu were sensible and 200 gems if you assumed that you were buying as foolishly as possible. Even being as charitable as possible, I don't see how you could spent $20 for that package on an ordinary day.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal. If you wanted 100 energy to crush a small mountain worth of iron rich rock, this is a better deal than normal. It just isn't a 75% discount.

meme1098
03-26-15, 03:38 PM
LOL Almost spat my Jack Daniel's on the screen :D
ahhhhemmm ...yes I am trying to drown my TFS in booze lol :o

Count me in please, the D-SATOT GROUP...

And also Could you please add another topic ?

Where to PLACE the decor ?

At least S8 could have provided some expansions since there's no update...
Back to my J.D.

Will add that to the topics list for tomorrow...lol

*raising hand*

This is great, NW! We really need to push that up to the top of the list since we've been trying to figure out where the rose bushes have been since the non-wedding. I'm sure many players are in need of some therapy over this....lol

mybunnytail
03-26-15, 03:54 PM
I know I way behind most you guys but I just finally hit 1850 tulips for 3rd prize and I only need 1 more clipper and 1 more glove to level my garden to 8. I have spent no jems on this so far. I just hit lvl 25. Am I doing OK? I rally don't care it I get enough tulips for the rest of the decorations but would like to finish the quest line. Is this doable?

Chaotarch
03-26-15, 04:02 PM
what about the ILTACTE-Group?:confused:
( i love tulips and collect till end )

some1 join? Annie?:eek:

zaccy678
03-26-15, 04:14 PM

;););)

0% off hey???

Wow, that's tempting....

maizee0404
03-26-15, 04:22 PM
Ok..so 226 tulips nit done my last lot yet tho..my garden is waiting patiently for those gloves..for lv 4 im late starting as i only reached 15..3days ago..im pretty happy with ampunt seening as they are so hard to get :)
Im gutted i didnt get an update was looking forward to it.
The value pack offered to me costs €4.99 in euros for me :) not that im taking it..

SpiritWind00
03-26-15, 04:30 PM
I know I way behind most you guys but I just finally hit 1850 tulips for 3rd prize and I only need 1 more clipper and 1 more glove to level my garden to 8. I have spent no jems on this so far. I just hit lvl 25. Am I doing OK? I rally don't care it I get enough tulips for the rest of the decorations but would like to finish the quest line. Is this doable?

You'll definitely finish upgrading your garden to L8, 2-3 more collections should be good for that. As to the final prize at 4,600 tulips... Probably not. You'll probably just make it to the 4th prize. But for level 25, you are doing brilliantly! And remember that once your garden is L8, you'll collect heaps more tulips.

Sounds like you're giving it all you can and we can't wait to see how you end up going. Let us know... We will keep cheering you on (in between attending these new tulip meetings from meme! Haha) :)

queentina3
03-26-15, 04:32 PM

Yes, as the quest pretty much ends when you level it up to 8. You don't want to go for 3000 and get the next bundle of paths, walls and 5 gates? That's what I'm aiming for on my 2nd game as I don't want to spend the 60k for the gates in coins. That game is broke. LOL!!

maizee0404
03-26-15, 04:50 PM
231 :) i know thats not good really considering how many u guys have

queentina3
03-26-15, 04:50 PM
I can't make the math work. For $20 US, you could get 400 gems if you bought them at the no-bulk rate (which you never would, since the everyday no-sale volume discount for $20 is 530 gems). And 100 energy would cost 170 gems if yiu were sensible and 200 gems if you assumed that you were buying as foolishly as possible. Even being as charitable as possible, I don't see how you could spent $20 for that package on an ordinary day.

I'm not saying it's a bad deal. If you wanted 100 energy to crush a small mountain worth of iron rich rock, this is a better deal than normal. It just isn't a 75% discount.

LMAO, you actually made me do this! :p

I knew as soon as I posted it was going to nag at me if I didn't check why I thought the way I did, then I saw your post. This is how I see it, and I think TL is trying to pull a fast one as most people would think it was a deal, but it's not! They are being told it costs $10 more than it does. *snickers*

2 clippers = 30 gems
3 gloves = 45 gems
100 energy = 170 gems (90 energy is 150 gems as it is 30 energy @ 50 gems and then 10 energy for 20 gems, or 5 energy @ 10 gems a piece)
That gives a total of 245 gems, which in my game, the closest package is 250 gems @ 9.99.

The package TL is selling on my game is 19.99 with a 75% off discount for $4.99, but really, it isn't $19.99 if bought separate, it's $9.99. 75% of the TRUE amount would mean it is around $2.50 should be the package cost, not $4.99.

Where they came up with $19.99 as the package cost completely alludes me. It's like upgrading the garden by clicking "upgrade all" instead of just speeding up the timing for 8 gems as many times as you need. It costs LESS to speed it up by 8 gems as no matter what you're missing, a glove, a clipper, two or three and etc...they all cost more than 8 gems. In the end, speeding up for 8 gems no only gets you all the items you need to upgrade, it costs you less in gems and you get the tulips each time you speed it up and click on it to collect.

Now my brain hurts. *goes to find aspirin* :p

mybunnytail
03-26-15, 04:59 PM
You'll definitely finish upgrading your garden to L8, 2-3 more collections should be good for that. As to the final prize at 4,600 tulips... Probably not. You'll probably just make it to the 4th prize. But for level 25, you are doing brilliantly! And remember that once your garden is L8, you'll collect heaps more tulips.

Sounds like you're giving it all you can and we can't wait to see how you end up going. Let us know... We will keep cheering you on (in between attending these new tulip meetings from meme! Haha) :)

Thanks, I got got both the last clipper and glove at same time ( got lucky and did this several times) and I levelled garden to 8 and started tea time.

GarfieldandPookie
03-26-15, 04:59 PM
231 :) i know thats not good really considering how many u guys have

You are doing awesome! You just started and you're on level 15. I am pretty sure you can get the first prize and maybe the second!

readysetgo888
03-26-15, 05:04 PM

I knew as soon as I posted it was going to nag at me if I didn't check why I thought the way I did, then I saw your post. This is how I see it, and I think TL is trying to pull a fast one as most people would think it was a deal, but it's not! They are being told it costs $10 more than it does. *snickers*

2 clippers = 30 gems
3 gloves = 45 gems
100 energy = 170 gems (90 energy is 150 gems as it is 30 energy @ 50 gems and then 10 energy for 20 gems, or 5 energy @ 10 gems a piece)
That gives a total of 245 gems, which in my game, the closest package is 250 gems @ 9.99.

The package TL is selling on my game is 19.99 with a 75% off discount for $4.99, but really, it isn't $19.99 if bought separate, it's $9.99. 75% of the TRUE amount would mean it is around $2.50 should be the package cost, not $4.99.

Where they came up with $19.99 as the package cost completely alludes me. It's like upgrading the garden by clicking "upgrade all" instead of just speeding up the timing for 8 gems as many times as you need. It costs LESS to speed it up by 8 gems as no matter what you're missing, a glove, a clipper, two or three and etc...they all cost more than 8 gems. In the end, speeding up for 8 gems no only gets you all the items you need to upgrade, it costs you less in gems and you get the tulips each time you speed it up and click on it to collect.

It's awesome that you did this math... and wow, this is super offensive. Couldn't they just be honest about the % off? Or better yet, don't put a % off at all, and just say, here's what you get for $5. That would be much better, more honest, and not give me the bitter taste in my mouth that most everything about the way TL does business gives me.

And seriously, how dumb do you have to be to not figure this out, or figure out that speeding the Castle Garden is a better way to go than clicking upgrade all? Sadly, I think there are too many morons out there that really like wasting money and don't bother to think things like this through. That's the only reason they can get away with this kind of thing.... because people either don't have brains or don't bother to use them. I find that sad, personally.

CharmOfLea
03-26-15, 05:11 PM
@queentina3

The numbers do work! Ur calculations are incomplete for u forgot to calculate the final special bundle hidden sales tax of 199,9% which brings ur $2.50 to $4.99. See? ;)

mybunnytail
03-26-15, 05:16 PM
It's awesome that you did this math... and wow, this is super offensive. Couldn't they just be honest about the % off? Or better yet, don't put a % off at all, and just say, here's what you get for $5. That would be much better, more honest, and not give me the bitter taste in my mouth that most everything about the way TL does business gives me.

And seriously, how dumb do you have to be to not figure this out, or figure out that speeding the Castle Garden is a better way to go than clicking upgrade all? Sadly, I think there are too many morons out there that really like wasting money and don't bother to think things like this through. That's the only reason they can get away with this kind of thing.... because people either don't have brains or don't bother to use them. I find that sad, personally.

Then if you buy at the 30% off it's $6.99 for the 250

queentina3
03-26-15, 05:17 PM
@queentina3

The numbers do work! Ur calculations are incomplete for u forgot to calculate the final special bundle hidden sales tax of 199,9% which brings ur $2.50 to $4.99. See? ;)

Oh that's right, they are in California, aren't they? :p That State is as bad as Tax-a-chusetts (Massachusetts). There are always those hidden costs, it's in the fine print that is -.0000001 and only a microscope would pick it up in the contract. Or a flea in a flea circus (they are real!). :p

I never get gem sales on my queentina3 account, only on 2tina account. They claim they are random, but I get a gem sale of different amounts every week for YEARS on 2tina, but NEVER on queentina3. Yeah, random my............. *blows raspberry*

burritosprings
03-26-15, 05:53 PM
Kinda irritated that the actual goals didnt matter. Wasted alot of rat tails on a young account that was in dire need. Oh well this forum gives us info that otherwise those that dont visit do not get. So they are out of luck when they leave behind making hot sauce thinking they need to take advantage of a rare timed community event. I think all in all. This event was coded by unpaid interns who had to come up with something or they couldnt go on spring break to Destin. I think the regular cs coders are either unemployed or working at walmart

reliquary
03-26-15, 06:12 PM
Lolssss!
They still haven't filled the position yet ( it's been months since I first noticed it)

Game economy designer.....check out the storm8 blog job openings

LuvsHorror
03-26-15, 06:25 PM
The energy bolt is on my page, with 3 days under it, but nothing happens when I touch it. I touch the get more gems, and the offer is blank. What is this about?

Never mind, it works now.

SpiritWind00
03-26-15, 06:26 PM
Lolssss!
They still haven't filled the position yet ( it's been months since I first noticed it)

Game economy designer.....check out the storm8 blog job opening
This must be the position for Wonderland... Lol :)

SpiritWind00
03-26-15, 06:28 PM
The energy bolt is on my page, with 3 days under it, but nothing happens when I touch it. I touch the get more gems, and the offer is blank. What is this about?

Never mind, it works now.

Force close should fix it. It's an offer for a couple of clippers and gloves. Pics a page or 2 back.

burritosprings
03-26-15, 06:29 PM
that job description borders on how much can they charge for popcorn at DisneyLand. Popcorn is free. To get to it cost you $125 each. And yeah you might get a hug from a guy dressed as cinderella

queentina3
03-26-15, 06:31 PM
that job description borders on how much can they charge for popcorn at DisneyLand. Popcorn is free. To get to it cost you $125 each. And yeah you might get a hug from a guy dressed as cinderella

Stop it! Naughty! You made me spit my soda! That is two nights in a row. I really need to stop eating and drinking when reading the forum, seriously! LMAO!!!

mreames
03-26-15, 07:47 PM
I suspect there will be a package for tulips next week. I was expecting it anytime but I guess it's too soon. Lol
Well, since this was a micromanagement event, I used the time to upgrade things I have long ignored... Sawmills, sparkling mines, etc. lol chopping trees and rocks seemed more productive because of beasties than crops and flowers did for me.

AnniePMH
03-26-15, 07:53 PM
what about the ILTACTE-Group?:confused:
( i love tulips and collect till end )

some1 join? Annie?:eek:

Very well done indeed!:D Can't exactly say I love the tulips..., but will certainly collect until the bitter end, lol!:o

reliquary
03-26-15, 08:20 PM

Looollllssss!!!

Or a narccistic un-charming Prince that ducks and hides from Cinderella

vednir
03-26-15, 08:32 PM
This must be the position for Wonderland... Lol :)

Well for now Castle Story is still ranked above Fairy Tale Wonderland, at least by forum position. Dragon Story clearly drives bulk of their economy due to its battle-based economy. Will we be looking forward to the day that the CS barracks actually house troops that we'll be able to send to our neighboring kingdoms to pillage supplies? How many knights will we need to send to take an alicorn from our neighbor?

PernReloaded
03-26-15, 08:46 PM
Ugh. Since I finished upgrading my gardens, the flower collectoin rate in my kingdom is way down. Things that would easily earn me five to ten tulips (clearing my crops entirely or watering all my flowers) now nets me two. Maybe three. Monster drops also seem lowered a bit. Not that happy about it, but if I get the fourth individual prize (to go with the second), then maybe it will work out.

queentina3
03-26-15, 08:54 PM
Here are my stats for today: Started with 3879 and ended with 4222, so 343 for today and down by ten from yesterday. I'm getting so close now....Only another 378 to go and then I get the meadow, yay......

Could you all feel my excitement there? :p

Actually, I do want it as I think it will look good next to the lily pad, oh sorry, pond with Pepe and possibly his house - when I get around to purchasing it. It will be his own little area that I'll maybe have Sir Piggy stay in the house in the meadow, when he comes to visit. :)

AuntyRose32
03-26-15, 09:05 PM
Started my day with 2,438 tulips and ended day thirteen with 2,700 for a total of 262 collected today, which is a little more than normal for me. Having my garden at level 8 helped I guess. Not as many beasties today, and they didn't drop a tulip on every strike. Anyway not a bad day, probably won't make the final individual prize at this rate but I'm okay with that. So tired, good night all.

AuntyRose32
03-26-15, 09:08 PM
Here are my stats for today: Started with 3879 and ended with 4222, so 343 for today and down by ten from yesterday. I'm getting so close now....Only another 378 to go and then I get the meadow, yay......

Could you all feel my excitement there? :p

Actually, I do want it as I think it will look good next to the lily pad, oh sorry, pond with Pepe and possibly his house - when I get around to purchasing it. It will be his own little area that I'll maybe have Sir Piggy stay in the house in the meadow, when he comes to visit. :)

Nice stats, you'll probably reach the meadow tomorrow or at the latest by Saturday morning! Good going. I'm still plugging away, slowly but surely I go. Enjoy your tulip free sleep! :D

newzealander
03-27-15, 01:37 AM

2 clippers = 30 gems
3 gloves = 45 gems

Haha! Thanks for doing this, Queentina. I guess 75% off means "we made up a figure that sounds good"!

zaccy678
03-27-15, 01:59 AM
sure thing....

I'd like to add an item to the agenda if I may:

*Too much manure - what to do with all the excess fertiliser that umpteen conservatories produce

newzealander
03-27-15, 02:47 AM

*Too much manure - what to do with all the excess fertiliser that umpteen conservatories produce

and perhaps "floral arrangements using over 4000 tulips that are not good for anything else"?

queentina3
03-27-15, 05:03 AM

Ask TL to make it a gift-able item. I'll take that fertilizer, thank you very much. ;)

*walks off to check on how many inscriptions there are still left to go for sister, sister*

Seriously700
03-27-15, 08:12 AM
This tulip event is wreaking havoc on my games economy.

Since we seem to be in a math mode, here's my numbers

I am collecting every 2 hours from my 8 conservatories, so approximately 8 times a day for 64 energy a day. Plus another 4 energy a day collecting from the castle gardens.

That's a minimum of 68 energy a day that I would have for other activities times 22 days for a total of 1,496 energy! Minimum! Not counting all the energy related to rat tails, custards, orange dyes, 120 milk, etc.

Now if I wanted to buy 1500 energy, I would need 50 purchases of the bundle that gives you 30 energy for 50 gems, for a total of 2500 gems. Without a sale, I can get 2900 gems for US$99, I think the sale price is $69.

Alternatively, I could buy 15 of the special bundle with 100 energy plus clippers and gloves. That would cost me US$75.

And this is all for decorations.

Now let's compare this to energy from an extra economy-ruining wedding alicorn. If I average 7 energy a day, less the energy used to collect, I can get 180 energy a month from that alicorn. Maybe I'll even get lucky and get 50 at one time, once a month, for a total of 230 energy a month. At that rate, it would take 6 1/2 months of collecting from an extra wedding alicorn to replace the minimum amount of energy that I'd be expending on this event in just 3 weeks.

But somehow the extra wedding alicorn would ruin my games economy. Hmmmmmmm.

vednir
03-27-15, 08:20 AM
But somehow the extra wedding alicorn would ruin my games economy. Hmmmmmmm.

You did not pay enough to win the game you freeloader.

We don't have enough data to make sense of their bundle pricing, suffice it to say they likely experiment with numerous price points to extract the most amount of money from the most players.

reliquary
03-27-15, 08:32 AM
You did not pay enough to win the game you freeloader.

We don't have enough data to make sense of their bundle pricing, suffice it to say they likely experiment with numerous price points to extract the most amount of money from the most players.

Ya know, one would think that, but go back a few pages where there is a image of a UK gem sale.
In the pic it shows "Sale! 0% off" on a bundle of gems.....lolololololZ.
They aren't even paying attention.....lol!

FrostyFinn
03-27-15, 08:51 AM
Has anyone bought the energy bundle? If so, could you let us know how we receive the extra energy? Is it one lump sum of 100 or is in energy crates that we can use at our leisure? Thanks.

vednir
03-27-15, 08:53 AM
Has anyone bought the energy bundle? If so, could you let us know how we receive the extra energy? Is it one lump sum of 100 or is in energy crates that we can use at our leisure? Thanks.

Usually energy is a lump so you need to go and spend it all. Also you won't be getting the every 3 minute energy refills while you are over the energy maximum.

maizee0404
03-27-15, 09:41 AM
You are doing awesome! You just started and you're on level 15. I am pretty sure you can get the first prize and maybe the second!

Aww thanks i hope so :D

AnniePMH
03-27-15, 09:53 AM

In a lump, lol!;):o

anurulz
03-27-15, 10:03 AM
I got the 4th individual prize..and stopped the incessant mind-numbing tulip collection..will continue to cntribute to the community collection by clicking on my 5 conservatories but stopped the wasteful crop planting and flower watering..am going back to my goals in the game..i just got the one year anniversary goal and am more excited abt tht now...

beefus
03-27-15, 10:46 AM
Hi... so... this is my first posting here...

at some point I thought I was doing something wrong, so I came to the web, did some searching and found this forum... wow, if I had had half this information when I started I would be so much farther ahead... but then, that's the fun of learning a new game... learning how you can make the tools work better\faster for you.

I didn't realize all of the rewards for this event would be decoration only... had I known, I certainly would not have put forth so much effort... I certainly would not have purchased additional buildings(7 Conservatories) or tried to generate tulips faster...

So, this is what I've learned... research before you spend... I could have saved myself a lot of in game resources. At this point, I have achieved my personal goal of 4600... as the goal became more confirmable that I would reach it, I started putting away the extra buildings, and returning to a more normal collection routine.

For those of you afraid you wont get the final "World Wide" reward... I will point out the last time (and I only know this from reading historical posts) the last time, the "community barely made it" ... so after reading about the past... I would not be surprised if the final "reward" was hard coded into the Tulip count... and I would even go so far as to say... stop collecting tulips completely once you get to a Lvl 8 garden and I bet the Community will still win its rewards within the last hour or two of the event when the auto advancing auto counting tulipCounter + 1 Loop until EndOfFile = 2.12bil Tulips... our actions have no real meaning on the outcome of the event...

I mean really, you think they would offer you a "World Wide" reward and then not deliver it... no matter how crappy the community has decided the reward may be... I think not.

Well, that's my initial two cents... I started out quite impressed with this game when I first found it a few months ago (it wasn't offered on PlayStore until recently.) and now, I learn... I'm not really as impressed as I thought I was... I'm more annoyed that the stuffing is coming out of my newest favorite pillow.

MOo to all ya'all
Beefus

meme1098
03-27-15, 12:26 PM
Welcome, beefus.

I started on little over 2 years ago. In 'those days' there weren't very many updates & the game was so-so. Then last year, sometime around summer, the updates became more regular & the story line finally took off somewhat & the game was actually fun.
This year for the last few months, things have turned around again to so-so. Don't know if it's a personnel thing or what but it's not the game it used to be at all.
Several story lines have been completely dropped & disappearred from the landscape while others took a weird turn not many understand. And now we have a world event obviously thrown together with left over items, forgetting basics by not checking or completely correcting coding to adjust to the new use (info on the back of items for example), and after stating we'd not get decor only items again after the pyre event.
One wonders then how things will transpire in the months ahead. Hopefully, there's a turn around soon since enthusiasm has waned greatly since the start of the new year. Most players, me included, get more fun out of the forum than the actual game at present.

ShibuyaCloth
03-27-15, 01:30 PM
Pfuuuu, made it to 4600, now selling off my extra conservatories! Still collecting for the common pot.

belbar22
03-27-15, 02:34 PM
Snap but storing my conservatories

ShibuyaCloth
03-27-15, 02:39 PM
Snap but storing my conservatories

Well I will hold 2 on the map, store 5, and sell the rest (5). Conservatories are RP buildings, to they count against the 43 cap.

danzplace
03-27-15, 02:57 PM
I am at 4569 tulips... Great number so I thought I'd share. I will hit the magic number before bed tonight, then store some conservatories to start redecorating.... Can't wait to focus on expansion permits...

Will keep collecting for the common good too.

maizee0404
03-27-15, 04:15 PM
Eeeek iv finally got garden to level 4 soooo pretty!! 313 tulips upto now ;)

kittensabc
03-27-15, 05:14 PM
I have a similar suspicion of the tulip counter, it would actually be more logical to have an algorithm pump out the tulips then to predict how many tulips the community would produce and come up with the goals. At the very least I suspect they would have modeled the goals after the community progression before we got to see them (so it would be smarter to start off more slowly).

Lunaticus
03-27-15, 06:28 PM
At 2600.. collect from the conservatoroes and garden and if lucky from crops qhen I harvest. Back to my goals. DS is keeping my busy.. battles and very tight deadlines are keeping me on my toes.

MizCricket
03-27-15, 08:19 PM
I've only been playing this game a few months since it came out for Android so this is the first community event I've participated in. I've seen a lot of complaints about the prizes all being decorations. What have the prizes been in other community events? I'm used to games like RS & BS where all the prizes are deco items except for the appliances so I've been confused by the anger over the prizes for this event. What kinds of prizes have we newer players been missing out on?

queentina3
03-27-15, 08:24 PM
Nice stats, you'll probably reach the meadow tomorrow or at the latest by Saturday morning! Good going. I'm still plugging away, slowly but surely I go. Enjoy your tulip free sleep! :D

LOL, tulip free sleep. I swear if I ever dream of a tulip I'd probably wake up screaming, tell my hubby about the nightmare I just had, and he'd then have me committed. :p

I had a bad day on my main game today. Barely any beasties at all. Started with 4,222 and ended with 4517, for 295. So close to the meadow, and yet so far....As soon as I hit 4500, I was like "yeah baby" and then nada. I frowned and then looked at my paper and noticed it said 4600, not 4500. :rolleyes: So alas it looks like tomorrow is the day I get it with 83 left to go. *yawns*

Now my second game, well, that one I can't move without a dire boar attacking. Almost every single time I click on something, anything, he attacks. I had over 386 tulips there today for a whopping ending of 1951! I only have 2 conservatories on that game. I'm not even joking, every single thing I touch and a dire boar attacks. I feel like that is all I'm doing and barely get anything else accomplished. I want to be annoyed, I really do, but my goal is to at least reach 3000 tulips there so........ Bring on the dire boars baby.

Off to bed now and hopefully a tulip free sleep. Watch, now that you've mentioned it, and I've mentioned it, I'll dream of them. :rolleyes:

AuntyRose32
03-27-15, 09:21 PM
Started my day with 2,700 and ended day fourteen with 2,925. Pretty much the same as yesterday, 225 collected. Not many beasties today and the ones that did show up were mostly dropping just one tulip. Nodding off as I type, goodnight all.

AuntyRose32
03-27-15, 09:30 PM
LOL, tulip free sleep. I swear if I ever dream of a tulip I'd probably wake up screaming, tell my hubby about the nightmare I just had, and he'd then have me committed. :p

I had a bad day on my main game today. Barely any beasties at all. Started with 4,222 and ended with 4517, for 295. So close to the meadow, and yet so far....As soon as I hit 4500, I was like "yeah baby" and then nada. I frowned and then looked at my paper and noticed it said 4600, not 4500. :rolleyes: So alas it looks like tomorrow is the day I get it with 83 left to go. *yawns*

Now my second game, well, that one I can't move without a dire boar attacking. Almost every single time I click on something, anything, he attacks. I had over 386 tulips there today for a whopping ending of 1951! I only have 2 conservatories on that game. I'm not even joking, every single thing I touch and a dire boar attacks. I feel like that is all I'm doing and barely get anything else accomplished. I want to be annoyed, I really do, but my goal is to at least reach 3000 tulips there so........ Bring on the dire boars baby.

Off to bed now and hopefully a tulip free sleep. Watch, now that you've mentioned it, and I've mentioned it, I'll dream of them. :rolleyes:

Meadow tomorrow...yay! You might need a magnifying glass to see it but it's quite the achievement non the less!
Didn't have a great day with beasties myself, I thought today I'd go beyond my usual collection but alas it was not to be. I'm on track for the fourth individual prize so as long as I maintain that I'll be happy.

That's crazy goings on in your second account! 386 tulips is a lot, all good though. The more boars the better, they've never been so loved as they have in this event...lol. They'll all be so sad when it's over and we're raging at their appearance again.

Tulips....my first and last waking thought everyday :rolleyes:

blackpearl9
03-27-15, 10:11 PM
I've only been playing this game a few months since it came out for Android so this is the first community event I've participated in. I've seen a lot of complaints about the prizes all being decorations. What have the prizes been in other community events? I'm used to games like RS & BS where all the prizes are deco items except for the appliances so I've been confused by the anger over the prizes for this event. What kinds of prizes have we newer players been missing out on?

I think it was energy crates and bundles of building materials like (5 royal beams, 5 royal blocks, 5 silver ores, 1 gold nugget). In previous community events the prizes were alternating between decos and useful stuff, so there was always something to look forward to.

In RS and BS I used to like the decos as prizes, because those games don't have any real goals - just cooking and baking all the time and changing the wallpaper and floor tiles now and then. So decos are the only "creative" feature (and goals) there.

In CS it is different. I cannot continue playing once I have used up all the (40) energy, thought I still have lots of crops to harvest and other materials like milk, eggs, wood, iron ore, petals, etc to collect. So I always need lots of energy (which I get by waiting for an hour or having allicorns that drop energy). Decos need space and often cannot even be sold (0 coins).

bisonbuy
03-28-15, 07:11 AM
I've already notified my neighbors of my need, but I know the Forum will reach more people.

Help Wanted: Window washers for multiple Conservatory Maintenance. Minimum wage & no benefits ( just like the "Flower Frenzy" thread).
No experience required. Job may lead to Manager of Floral Collections.

nikkimommy2014
03-28-15, 07:14 AM

The best prize from a community event IMO is the witches cauldron from halloween. It drops glues, dyes, even magic cement.

maruskina
03-28-15, 08:34 AM
What the Meadows drops?

Seriously700
03-28-15, 08:34 AM
The best prize from a community event IMO is the witches cauldron from halloween. It drops glues, dyes, even magic cement.

I agree! Love the cauldron. 2 drops every 4 hours.

I also really like my Cownt Dracula - hourly drops of milk, possibly hide and manure, and often a red item or 2 - strawberries, hot peppers, etc.

In DS, the prizes usually include several rare or super dragons and a special dragon habitat. In FS2, I have won pets that can drop special items or the equivalent of CS gems. So CS isn't the only TL game that has had very useful prizes.

burritosprings
03-28-15, 09:21 AM
What the Meadows drops?

Nothing

nessa005
03-28-15, 09:39 AM
Just hit 4,465 tulips. I thought that being on holiday with the grandchildren ( ages 4 and 7) would slow my collection rate, but they love the " beasties" so are reminding me every 2 hours to go and get the tulips so they can have sword fights! I'll make the last prize at this rate.

maruskina
03-28-15, 10:02 AM
4500 tulips for a item that don't drops anything is too too much!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-28-15, 10:08 AM
4500 tulips for a item that don't drops anything is too too much!
LOL, it's 4600 tulips for a mini-hobbit house that drops nothing & my baby Easter chick can barely enter, lol

dragoniakingdom
03-28-15, 10:08 AM

Agree,this was a great reward.
Such a shame that this community event does not have a prize in the same calibre.

MizCricket
03-28-15, 10:52 AM
Thanks to those who replied to my question! Building materials and a final prize that drops useful items would be great. I can see why people are unhappy with just deco items. I find the pink alicorn from the last set of goals I finished very useful. I'd love to have another prize that drops energy!

queentina3
03-28-15, 11:05 AM
Thanks to those who replied to my question! Building materials and a final prize that drops useful items would be great. I can see why people are unhappy with just deco items. I find the pink alicorn from the last set of goals I finished very useful. I'd love to have another prize that drops energy!

I think it's more than they're just deco items, it's also the fact that they didn't animate any of them, especially the castle garden. When we have items like Greselda's fountain that they've animated, to then see the castle gardens, well, it is a huge let-down. Plus the scale of the items is off, as if two different teams worked on them. The trees in the castle garden are to scale with that, but when you then look at the pond (lily pad) decoration, and those trees are to scale with it, but not the castle gardens??? It just has to make you wonder. You can't place the two near each other without it looking really weird, due to the scaling they did with the trees alone.

I don't know, I'm happy with the gates, poles, and walls. The garden is meh but I'll deal with it. Just wish like everyone else it was animated is all. The meadow and lily pad pond I've just put by Pepe's house with Pepe and Sir Pig to frolic the days away in.

Korlcek
03-28-15, 11:26 AM
Got my meadow today, 6days 8hrs to spare. Used 10 conservatories and collected 8 times/day sometimes even 9. I'll keep collecting for the alicorn topiary although I do not believe the community count is real. Also need 2900 points to expand to Sabina so I'll keep the conservatories out.

maizee0404
03-28-15, 12:54 PM
I agree! Love the cauldron. 2 drops every 4 hours.

I also really like my Cownt Dracula - hourly drops of milk, possibly hide and manure, and often a red item or 2 - strawberries, hot peppers, etc.

In DS, the prizes usually include several rare or super dragons and a special dragon habitat. In FS2, I have won pets that can drop special items or the equivalent of CS gems. So CS isn't the only TL game that has had very useful prizes.

Tell me about the ones in ds and fs..i dont get rare items?

Rockylandia
03-28-15, 01:35 PM
I think it's more than they're just deco items, it's also the fact that they didn't animate any of them, especially the castle garden. When we have items like Greselda's fountain that they've animated, to then see the castle gardens, well, it is a huge let-down. Plus the scale of the items is off, as if two different teams worked on them. The trees in the castle garden are to scale with that, but when you then look at the pond (lily pad) decoration, and those trees are to scale with it, but not the castle gardens??? It just has to make you wonder. You can't place the two near each other without it looking really weird, due to the scaling they did with the trees alone.

I don't know, I'm happy with the gates, poles, and walls. The garden is meh but I'll deal with it. Just wish like everyone else it was animated is all. The meadow and lily pad pond I've just put by Pepe's house with Pepe and Sir Pig to frolic the days away in.
I didn't realize those were trees around the pond. I thought it was some kind of tiny, low shrubbery. If I were to think of them as trees I would go mad

burritosprings
03-28-15, 02:31 PM
Maybe they misspelled the garden and forgot to turn on the switch in database for drops. Next thursday maybe we get to unthaw the Castle Frozen Gardens by using all these tulips and offering them to the Lord of Spring.

MizCricket
03-28-15, 06:08 PM
Plus the scale of the items is off, as if two different teams worked on them. The trees in the castle garden are to scale with that, but when you then look at the pond (lily pad) decoration, and those trees are to scale with it, but not the castle gardens??? It just has to make you wonder. You can't place the two near each other without it looking really weird, due to the scaling they did with the trees alone.

That seems to be a real problem lately. We've had the same complaint in Fashion about the scale of items in recent updates. I'm not sure what's up with that, but they even changed the scale of one item in response to the complaints about it. I've been playing that game for over 3 years now, and it's been interesting to see how things have changed, some for the worse and some for the better, over the years. It'll be a while before I have that level of experience with CS. I don't have Greselda's fountain yet so hearing that it's animated makes me look forward to getting it!

gsuiris
03-28-15, 08:18 PM
I have 11 conservatories out, and on a good day I remember to collect at least 5 if not more times. But there have been a lot of days where I couldn't get to my phone almost all day because of work. I'm kinda disappointed that there weren't other ways to get tulips - making them (like the candy corn) or getting them with a higher drop rate from things (the stones last summer).
But since the last prize is just a decoration I'm not too bummed. If it was like the cauldron or the cow from Halloween I would be really sad.

jbfps116
03-28-15, 11:24 PM
I've mentioned it before, but if the last community prize is not a LOT of alicorn topiaries, than I'm going to pester the devs. If they only gave one it would be a flat lie because the app description says alicorn topiariyS. !!!
not excited at all about this event, only gave a few nice and not as nice deco. lame.
badly want white path rise bush and rainbow!!

TheSweetStudio
03-28-15, 11:45 PM
Lots of Skunkupines tonight, yeah?

queentina3
03-29-15, 04:54 AM
That seems to be a real problem lately. We've had the same complaint in Fashion about the scale of items in recent updates. I'm not sure what's up with that, but they even changed the scale of one item in response to the complaints about it. I've been playing that game for over 3 years now, and it's been interesting to see how things have changed, some for the worse and some for the better, over the years. It'll be a while before I have that level of experience with CS. I don't have Greselda's fountain yet so hearing that it's animated makes me look forward to getting it!

Yeah, we've seen the same thing in RS lately. They fixed one of the items in the past but the most recent one they haven't yet. The rest of the update was fine but that one item was huge and towered over the people. If it's the same team/people working on an update, then the scaling shouldn't be so off. Oh well, hopefully whoever is working on CS will get their act together. The people that were working on the game in the beginning were fantastic, but I'm not sure if they're still around or not. I hardly ever see a post from them and they used to be really active in the forum. :( I can't believe those people would have made decorations that were so off-scale, but maybe they just have too much on their plate. *shrugs*

Meadow tomorrow...yay! You might need a magnifying glass to see it but it's quite the achievement non the less!
Didn't have a great day with beasties myself, I thought today I'd go beyond my usual collection but alas it was not to be. I'm on track for the fourth individual prize so as long as I maintain that I'll be happy.

That's crazy goings on in your second account! 386 tulips is a lot, all good though. The more boars the better, they've never been so loved as they have in this event...lol. They'll all be so sad when it's over and we're raging at their appearance again.

Tulips....my first and last waking thought everyday :rolleyes:

I did get the meadow yesterday but my dire boar rate was way down in this ID's game. I got maybe one on every log in whereas before I was getting at least three or four before. :( My overall count for yesterday was only 287 (ended 4808 and started 4517). That is horrible compared to what I had been doing. I think I'm just going to play normally and try to get through these Faerie Quests (on Mad Tea Party now) and not worry how much I'm gaining, since I already achieved my personal goal of 4600. I'm on sinister sister so obviously I'll still be collecting from the conservatories and I doubt they'll be put in storage anytime soon. :rolleyes:

My second ID is where I think I really screwed up. Every time I moved yesterday, and no matter what I touched, I was getting attacked by dire boars again. That is, up until about 6p when I accidently started a goal in the Troll Tribe 2 goal chain that required me to place a dire boar trap and then fight three of them. Needless to say, they disappeared and I still have one left to fight. Now I get trolls and skunkupines to bother me on the rare occasion but the dire boar has literally disappeared. In fact I've got a few fangbeasts where I was getting dire boars. I'm almost kicking myself for continuing the goal and placing that trap, as it's ****ed my progress. I'm not sure if I'll make the 3000 by the end of the event as they were what was bringing my count up. I started with 1951 and ended with 2341 for a whopping 390. That is with only 2 conservatories and I was getting better numbers than on my main game, where I have six, due to the dire boars. I want them back! *cries* I know my numbers for today are going to be significantly lower due to them leaving my kingdom for greener pastures. I doubt I'll break 200 without them.

BriarAvenue
03-29-15, 03:01 PM
3 years in the game and you haven't got to Greselda's foundain?

bozotc19
03-29-15, 03:22 PM
This event is a bitter disappointment. I invested way too much time for little return. I got my 4600 tulips and the garden.. The problem is that I can barely see it. All of the won items are pretty much useless. Why the hell did I participate in this event....extremely little return for the effort necessary to complete. Count me out in any further event.

meme1098
03-29-15, 03:22 PM
3 years in the game and you haven't got to Greselda's foundain?

I think they were referring to FS not CS.