PDA

View Full Version : Diamond Quest?

Cesar49
03-12-15, 03:45 AM
The Baron has just challenged me to play Diamond Quest, but he hasn't given me an 'install' button and I can't find it in the App Store. I did find it on the Storm8 forums, however. Is this another game that UK players can't download yet, or is the Baron finally going doolally?!!

Korlcek
03-12-15, 04:03 AM
Its not in my app store either, but when I type in search bar autocomplete does find it.

ryusei745
03-12-15, 07:21 AM
Sometimes those quests will pop up without that app being available in the area. I remember it happening to me before restaurant story 2 was in the App Store.

FrozenTurtle
03-12-15, 07:28 PM
The Baron has just challenged me to play Diamond Quest, but he hasn't given me an 'install' button and I can't find it in the App Store. I did find it on the Storm8 forums, however. Is this another game that UK players can't download yet, or is the Baron finally going doolally?!!

Sorry about that! We've identified an issue with your account that is causing this problem. Unfortunately, you will just need to wait for the goal to expire. Sorry for the confusion!

CharmOfLea
03-12-15, 07:32 PM
My games, CS, FTW and Slots, are prompting me to install Diamond Quest for 3 days now. For 3 days I'm attempting to do so. Without success. Now what?

Cesar49
03-21-15, 03:09 AM
Sorry about that! We've identified an issue with your account that is causing this problem. Unfortunately, you will just need to wait for the goal to expire. Sorry for the confusion!

So I waited and the goal expired - I had the same goal on Restaurant Story 2 - and I thought it was all over. However, today I have the same goal back in both games!!! Am I going to be forever challenged to play a game I can't download? And what is the 'issue' with my account - I'm getting very paranoid here!

meme1098
03-21-15, 08:11 AM
The timers on those games keep resetting for me if I haven't accomplished the last level goal. It's very irritating to say the least.

ShibuyaCloth
03-21-15, 08:24 AM
This happened in the past quite often. Just ignore it for some time, then the quest will disappear and a couple of days later it pop's up again and you can download the game. Probably an App issue for the region settings when loaded into Appstore.

FrozenTurtle
03-24-15, 11:45 AM
So I waited and the goal expired - I had the same goal on Restaurant Story 2 - and I thought it was all over. However, today I have the same goal back in both games!!! Am I going to be forever challenged to play a game I can't download? And what is the 'issue' with my account - I'm getting very paranoid here!

Sorry for the continued troubles! This will eventually expire on its own.

CharmOfLea
03-27-15, 11:36 AM
I recieved the goal again (see above) in CS and FTW this morning. Still not able to install DQ. In FTW I'm just being teased with a quest book... ;)

meme1098
03-27-15, 12:34 PM
That's funny cuz I got the prompt on the games I opened up this morning but as of this moment it's totally disappeared from the quest book in each game...lol.
I wish the others that I have would just quit resetting the timer. Just cuz I haven't made it to the last level for the reward doesn't actually mean I'm gonna finish it. Just expire already!!!

queentina3
03-27-15, 01:27 PM
I finally got this goal in my games and downloaded it and started to play it. The game is still showing in my quest book too. It's actually a pretty fun game, but I'm just starting out. I'm sure it will do something that will annoy me and I'll end up deleting it in a few months like I did with the other games like this. I like how they have pet pals in it though. :o

PraxisOfGood
03-27-15, 01:46 PM
It strikes me as a clone of Puzzles & Dragons, which is a fresh enough twist of Match 3 games that I don't mind playing it again. :)

queentina3
03-27-15, 02:15 PM
PraxisOfGood, I've never heard of that game but most of the games they release like this are clones of other games I've seen on the App Store for years, so..... I kept some of TL's around for awhile, played them off-and-on, and then finally deleted them as they just didn't stand up to the test of time like the others have. The few I still have are not from TL, so that tells you something........ ;)

tvangstanke
03-28-15, 02:56 AM
The Baron is stuck on the first (lvl 7) challenge in my game. Tried to continue playing, but he does not register progress. According to friends the Baron now owes me for two or three bets. My precious gems....:confused: Please advice?

queentina3
03-28-15, 06:34 AM
The Baron is stuck on the first (lvl 7) challenge in my game. Tried to continue playing, but he does not register progress. According to friends the Baron now owes me for two or three bets. My precious gems....:confused: Please advice?

I don't remember all the goals he required, but the level 7 one is your actual level in the top left corner of Diamond Quest. You need to do enough stages to get that meter up to level 7. I think the goals before that was to get past level 1, level 2, and then level 3, but I can't be sure. Both of my games are on the one that states I need to get to Level 7 and I'm only on level 5 and Level 4 respectively.

The individual numbers you play are only stages, not levels, in Diamond Quest. I think the highest stage open right now may be stage 66, or that could just be my games because I've not reached it yet to unlock further stages.

Liloze
03-28-15, 07:07 AM

I reached level 7 and through it, I got gems for each level required, to the Baron's displeasure :p lol
please notice that it is not the number of the stage (on the map) that counts,
but the counter on top left of your screen, that is for levels :)
The game annoyed me to no end, but I got my gems then deleted it, don't have time for this kind of game !

zaccy678
03-28-15, 11:22 AM

Do you mean you didn't get your gems for getting to level 7?
Have you tried restarting your device??

PraxisOfGood
03-28-15, 11:56 AM
I'm also confused because level 7 is the Baron's final challenge and not the first one. Did you play the game before the challenges started happening?

craftfan
03-28-15, 03:49 PM
I have the ability to download Diamond Quest but it is going to charge me. I thought all these games are free to download.

SpiritWind00
03-28-15, 06:26 PM
No, I think what the other players are saying is that there are 2 numbers... One is on the map and records how many mini games you've played and the other is a counter on the top left side which records your 'level'.

The counter on the top left wil determine whether or not you qualify for finishing the barons goals, not on the map itself.

SpiritWind00
03-28-15, 06:29 PM
I have the ability to download Diamond Quest but it is going to charge me. I thought all these games are free to download.

It's definitely a free game to download. Are you on android? I remember when we first got an android device it asked for a credit card number as a means to secure our identity, not to actually charge you.

bentleyboy01
03-28-15, 06:57 PM
I got this goal a few days ago and downloaded game no problem

craftfan
03-29-15, 02:24 AM
It's definitely a free game to download. Are you on android? I remember when we first got an android device it asked for a credit card number as a means to secure our identity, not to actually charge you.

Not on Android. I play on an iPad. Problem is iTunes has my credit card number for buying things so I don't want to click continue in case I'm giving permission to charge.

tvangstanke
03-29-15, 04:06 AM
I don't remember all the goals he required, but the level 7 one is your actual level in the top left corner of Diamond Quest. You need to do enough stages to get that meter up to level 7. I think the goals before that was to get past level 1, level 2, and then level 3, but I can't be sure. Both of my games are on the one that states I need to get to Level 7 and I'm only on level 5 and Level 4 respectively.

The individual numbers you play are only stages, not levels, in Diamond Quest. I think the highest stage open right now may be stage 66, or that could just be my games because I've not reached it yet to unlock further stages.

I reached level 7 and through it, I got gems for each level required, to the Baron's displeasure :p lol
please notice that it is not the number of the stage (on the map) that counts,
but the counter on top left of your screen, that is for levels :)
The game annoyed me to no end, but I got my gems then deleted it, don't have time for this kind of game !

Do you mean you didn't get your gems for getting to level 7?
Have you tried restarting your device??

I'm also confused because level 7 is the Baron's final challenge and not the first one. Did you play the game before the challenges started happening?

Well this certainly changes things!

No, I did not play the game before the challenge, and I've tried restarting quite a few times now.

I received the first 30 gems for responding to the challenge of downloading and opening the game. Did not play ahead, but returned to CS to gloat and collect my price. The next challenge the Baron gave me was this one, to reach level 7. As it was my very first gaming challenge, I believed this to mean island 7 on the map. According to the counter on the top left of the screen I've now arrived at level 3. I have not received any gems for my gaming progress so far.

So the real problem is not the Baron ignoring me, but the fact that I am missing 2-3 gem challenges.:confused:

Liloze: Do you mean you were rewarded for all your missing challenges once you got to level 7 (like 45 or 60 gems at once) or that you got your challenges and rewards one by one as you progressed up to level 7?

Liloze
03-30-15, 09:18 AM
Well this certainly changes things!

So the real problem is not the Baron ignoring me, but the fact that I am missing 2-3 gem challenges.:confused:

Liloze: Do you mean you were rewarded for all your missing challenges once you got to level 7 (like 45 or 60 gems at once) or that you got your challenges and rewards one by one as you progressed up to level 7?

I got my challenges and rewards one by one, you see I don't trust the Baron lol ;)
I got the first for installing and playing, then reaching level 3, Last one was level 7.
Each time I reached a level, I went to CS to collect :)