PDA

View Full Version : Requests not answered

AnnibelBakery
03-10-15, 11:46 AM
Hi,
I've seen this same question posted before, but still unsure what to do.
I have about 160 friends. I send a material request first thing in the morning. I check in about 8 hours later, and not a single request was answered.
On most days in the past, I ask for items and within an hour, I have dozens of them. But lately, nothing shows up. If one or two neighbors don't accept my request, then I wouldn't be concerned. But no way would all 160 of my neighbors ignore the requests for 2 or 3 days in a row now.

lauraleighashby
03-10-15, 12:01 PM
I posted a thread in RS about requests disappearing off of my newsfeed...and saw someone posted the same complaint in BS. That may explain some but why no one would be responding I have no idea. I know no matter how many requests you send, only 20 go out per day....but still would expect at least a few of those 20 to respond.

AnnibelBakery
03-10-15, 12:06 PM
I know no matter how many requests you send, only 20 go out per day....but still would expect at least a few of those 20 to respond.

Really? I had heard something about that, but is it really only 20? If so, I better be selective about the 20 I ask and don't even bother with the folks who don't regularly reply. thanks!!

bobbyrae
03-10-15, 12:43 PM
Stop sending out requests for about a day or even two and you'll see the parts start to roll in. The day or two of no requests will allow the gift request system to unclog and allow those requests to actually get out. If you do a search in this forum you will figure out how the gift and request system works. Gift requests seem to be able to stay in limbo for up to five days (maybe more).

Once you allow a day or two to pass then try sending out only twenty requests each day to neighbours you know will respond that day. If you plan on sending out requests to everyone on your list then try sending the requests every other day insead of every day.
You can only receive twenty each of gifts and requested items daily. So if you're sending out more than twenty requests each day then you're actually slowing down your ability to receive twenty gifts each day.