PDA

View Full Version : Please put a cap on vanilla

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 05:09 AM
I have 9 plots and currently all of then taken up by vanilla.

Please consider putting a cap on it, otherwise it really renders my garden unusable.

In fact I will be glad to opt out of growing vanilla all together, I dont even care about the coins I paid to unlock those recipes that you then non-consensually took away and turned them into something else by changing requirements. Just please take vanilla out of my game, I didn't sign up for this, I don't care if I have recipes I can't ever use again, please just stop destroying my garden with vanilla.

Last time amazon reached into users devices and removed content non consensually it damaged their brand and created animosity that they have not yet recovered from, i seriously suggest you think about taking away things that users already purchased habitually as you have done in this game.

cquinn32
03-10-15, 06:50 AM
I agree but for different reasons because I'm lucky if see even one vanilla in my garden every day and Lilly has never dropped me any.

I also agree that changing existing recipes is just not right and if that's what we have to look forward to in this game then I'm not excited at all!!

WinnyWoos
03-10-15, 10:17 AM
This game drives me nuts. Someone has so much that they are begging to take it away completely and then there's others, including myself that can't get vanilla no matter how many times you try. The unbalance of this game is ridiculous.

I get so excited when I level up and have a new appliance waiting for me. But thanks to this update I still haven't purchased my chateau oven because now the only recipe I could actually cook, that isn't locked by expansion 13 now requires vanilla which would be fine, IF I COULD GET ENOUGH. As of right now I don't see the benefit to myself or profit wise of purchasing it.

I know you guys love trying to see how far you can push people, but IMO, you pushed a little far this time.

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 10:25 AM
This game drives me nuts. Someone has so much that they are begging to take it away completely and then there's others, including myself that can't get vanilla no matter how many times you try. The unbalance of this game is ridiculous.

I get so excited when I level up and have a new appliance waiting for me. But thanks to this update I still haven't purchased my chateau oven because now the only recipe I could actually cook and that isn't locked by expansion now requires vanilla which would be fine, IF I COULD GET ENOUGH. I wonder if that appliance will even be worth purchasing untill Cid drops enough tools for exp 13.....can't even get enough for 12 tho?! :rolleyes:
I wish I could undo the purchases, honestly. I would never had spent that kind of crazy coinage on a recipe that is a complete waste of counter space. Especially the ridiculously coins expensive vanilla milkshake. This is just a scam, TL sold an item with false promises and then switched it to a crappy pos that's completely worthless, and offering no acknowledgement or refunds.

My chateau stove is useless as well. Because they've changed existing recipes I now feel really stupid for making the decisions to spend limited resources on completely worthless items.

What makes them think this is an acceptable way to treat customers.

WinnyWoos
03-10-15, 10:41 AM
I wish I could undo the purchases, honestly. I would never had spent that kind of crazy coinage on a recipe that is a complete waste of counter space. Especially the ridiculously coins expensive vanilla milkshake. This is just a scam, TL sold an item with false promises and then switched it to a crappy pos that's completely worthless, and offering no acknowledgement or refunds.

My chateau stove is useless as well. Because they've changed existing recipes I now feel really stupid for making the decisions to spend limited resources on completely worthless items.

What makes them think this is an acceptable way to treat customers.

So purchasing the chateau oven would actually be a waste huh. Creme whatever, lol would be the only recipe I could learn atm or until I hit lv 47 but not sure if it'll be worth it then either?

As far as their treatment of us....I don't think they have ever cared how they treat their customers or even put on like they care; they want our money with nothing in return. But even after getting that, their treatment still doesn't get better. Learned that the hard way. I enjoy the games so Ive continued playing; just don't spend money anymore.

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 10:57 AM
So purchasing the chateau oven would actually be a waste huh. Creme whatever, lol would be the only recipe I could learn atm or until I hit lv 47 but not sure if it'll be worth it then either?

As far as their treatment of us....I don't think they have ever cared how they treat their customers or even put on like they care; they want our money with nothing in return. But even after getting that, their treatment still doesn't get better. Learned that the hard way. I enjoy the games so Ive continued playing; just don't spend money anymore.

It's left unused most of the time with an annoying bobbing thingy reminding me how stupid I was to purchase it in the first place. Even ginger is very hard to get for me these days, so I can't even just make ginger cookie, which is a horrible recipe anyway, takes away sugar which yields much better earnings in other recipes but payout is really poor. Lower level stoves have much better midrange recipes, whereas the really ludicrous recipes that used to earn like a star are taken away.

I wish I could spend those coins on fruit market upgrade instead, I now struggle to keep my drink station running after they took away the vanilla milkshake. If I hadn't spent those coins on stupid useless purchases I might have a chance to at least keep my drink machine functional.

orleansparish
03-10-15, 11:20 AM
How did they take away vanilla milkshake? I wish I had your problem. I just learned the milkshake and was happy to see if earned $5 and had a semi decent serving amount. But i can't get vanilla for anything. It's annoying. For the longest time I had a shortage of ginger. Last night I had 6 of my 7 plots planted with it. I was elated to finally make ginger chicken and some tea but this is ridiculous!

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 11:27 AM
How did they take away vanilla milkshake? I wish I had your problem. I just learned the milkshake and was happy to see if earned $5 and had a semi decent serving amount. But i can't get vanilla for anything. It's annoying. For the longest time I had a shortage of ginger. Last night I had 6 of my 7 plots planted with it. I was elated to finally make ginger chicken and some tea but this is ridiculous!
It used to be a reliable recipe that's worth reserving a counter for. I'm not going to keep making a recipe that I can only sporadically make.

Mean while, because my garden got taken up by vanilla, it totally screwed other regular recipes that I make that use ginger, can't grow any can I? I can't even make house spice.

When I paid that kind of coins to unlock vanilla milkshake, plus a ***** ton of coins to upgrade my general store, I counted on heavy use of milk and sugar, now I don't touch the milk at all. If I knew I couldn't count on vanilla milkshake to keep my drinks maker going I would have planned my recipes in a different direction and spent my coins on fruit market upgrade instead.

The point being, the current calls milkshake recipe is not the one I paid for. They took that one away, replaced it with something entirely worthless and unreliablew that I would never have chosen to rely on, and pretend nothing happended.

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 11:32 AM
Not to mention milk floods my market stupid, I now have an item that I will never use again taking up slots in my market.

nmishii
03-10-15, 12:20 PM
Twice I've had 6 of 9 slots with vanilla. The first time it was irritating since I was trying to learn the pizza recipes and couldn't make enough dough or tomato sauce with limited garlic and basil. Now it's annoying as I've come to accept they're not going to change anything, since they seem to like to do these kind of changes in their games. I'd like the 8 hrs reduced so that my slot isn't occupied the whole day with vanilla.

I will make vanilla milkshake to use up vanilla. I probably won't make creme br?l?e again. Same with the recipes they added tomato sauce to. I think it was wrong to change existing recipes and don't want to make them anymore.

I am obsessed with unlocking appliances and learning recipes that are reachable in a reasonable amount of time without spending gems. So even though vanilla milkshake, the chateau oven, and supreme pizza are not worth the price, I got them anyway. Before I unlocked the expansion 13 recipes I thought the baked onion soup was crazy needing 4 onions, but now, thanks to the tomato sauce, it's not that bad after all.

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 12:51 PM
Twice I've had 6 of 9 slots with vanilla. The first time it was irritating since I was trying to learn the pizza recipes and couldn't make enough dough or tomato sauce with limited garlic and basil. Now it's annoying as I've come to accept they're not going to change anything, since they seem to like to do these kind of changes in their games. I'd like the 8 hrs reduced so that my slot isn't occupied the whole day with vanilla.

I will make vanilla milkshake to use up vanilla. I probably won't make creme br?l?e again. Same with the recipes they added tomato sauce to. I think it was wrong to change existing recipes and don't want to make them anymore.

I am obsessed with unlocking appliances and learning recipes that are reachable in a reasonable amount of time without spending gems. So even though vanilla milkshake, the chateau oven, and supreme pizza are not worth the price, I got them anyway. Before I unlocked the expansion 13 recipes I thought the baked onion soup was crazy needing 4 onions, but now, thanks to the tomato sauce, it's not that bad after all.

See, that's what gets me, that they keep moving the goal post by up-ending existing ecosystem, how are you supposed to plan strategies if you keep getting screwed over?

I deleted a lot of parts like blueprints and hammers because I decided to spend my coins on some stupid stoves And recipes that I can't use anymore. Now I wish I had spent those coins on expansion instead.

I don't care if they add challenging new features that's almost unreadable, so i just dont get them, no big deal, but it's really insidious of them to take away things we already purchased.

orleansparish
03-10-15, 01:22 PM
Not to mention milk floods my market stupid, I now have an item that I will never use again taking up slots in my market.

Yeah, I hear you. Milk has replaced cucumbers and mayo as my much hated staple. I couldnt make any spices yesterday. I couldnt find a garlic the entire day. Now I have it, but my shop is being overrun by basil and ginger yet again.

Someone has mentioned it before, but we really need to be able to choose what we grow. It wont affect the economy of the game and would make things a heck of a world smoother.

orleansparish
03-10-15, 01:25 PM

How much money does onion soup earn? Have either of you unlocked strawberry? I cant find anything on it and dont know if its worth it. Ill be level 47 in a couple days and dont know if I should lose sleep over the berry tart and other strawberry items. I seriously need to upgrade my pantry. I just had to throw away a bunch of nails because I couldnt fit anything else, while waiting for seeds to open my 7th slot.

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 01:35 PM
How much money does onion soup earn? Have either of you unlocked strawberry? I cant find anything on it and dont know if its worth it. Ill be level 47 in a couple days and dont know if I should lose sleep over the berry tart and other strawberry items. I seriously need to upgrade my pantry. I just had to throw away a bunch of nails because I couldnt fit anything else, while waiting for seeds to open my 7th slot.

Mushrooms to mid levels are like strawberries to the upper levels. All the really ludicrous recipes use strawberries but it comes with long refresh time and low street market availability.

Advice is to max out pantry at 130 ASAP, that's one thing that I've never regretted upgrading, it gives you so much more leeway and rooms to stockpile and plan out recipes.

Wait on the strawberries if you don't already have drinks maker unlocked or the fruit pizza. Both will guzzle strawberries but strongly advice you to wait until you have enough coins to both unlock strawberries and learn one or both of these recipes at the same time. When you first unlock strawberries it floods your market temporarily, it would be a shame if you couldn't take advantage of that. Pink lemonade is actually a really good recipe if you don't mind using up both strawberry and sugar. Best plan would be to increase pantry capacity first (which costs no coins) and meanwhile hoard coins to unlock strawberries and these recipes at the same time.

nmishii
03-10-15, 01:39 PM
I was a mid-level player when they introduced mastery stars. I didn't want to cook the low level recipes that I made over and over and over when I first started, so I ignored the feature. Then they had goals to get the mastery stars, and after having to master French toast for one goal, I decided to master the recipes to be ready for other goals. When they introduced the second and third stars, lowered the first star requirements, didn't give credit for cooking after the first star, and seeing that I missed mastery spices for concentrating on mastery early, I have given up on trying to master all dishes. I want to get the stars for the first three mushroom dishes I was working on, then master as a background task.

There is no reason the mastery should be updated incrementally without giving credit for dishes cooked. And I really have a hard time believing they lowered the first star requirements because "they listened to us". I think they had it high on purpose when there was one star. I didn't see a complaints on the mastery counts. And if they listen to us like they claim, they will adjust some of the things they recently released as there are many requests for adjustments.

Can you upgrade the shops past level 5? And the street market past 18 slots? I'm at 12 for the street market. I'm 2 hammers from a level 4 fruit market then I'll be at level 4 for all shops.

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 01:46 PM
I know, so much in this game punishes early players, and if they finally respond they will brush you off with "keep in mind this game is still in beta" or some bs like that. The mastery points piss me off too, why make us go back to cook worthless recipes when they could have introduced them right from the start? And THEN fail to recognized already earned yellow star when they change mastery system AGAIN?

You can technically get level 6 markets, but the coin cost makes me think it's a joke, they want 1,680,000 for 6th level fruit market, for example. (no I did not add extra zero, double checked). Street market will still upgrade but they want 31 nails and 15 boards and 7 hammers, not that crazy but as you have noticed, they really clash with seeds in the tool box and you are forced to either choose to upgrade garden or save for market but not both. You can't have 31 nails and 35 seeds and nails and hammer all jammed in a limited storage.

nmishii
03-10-15, 01:54 PM

Onion on soup earns 1800 coins for 1 hr of cook time. It's 5 coins per serving. 360 servings.

i can't remember how much it costs to unlock strawberries, but they restock every 6 hrs. Each of the five strawberry recipes cost 120000-124000 coins to unlock. I never have enough strawberries and I don't make heartberry tart as the returns are awful. I upgraded my fruit market to 3 because of strawberries and will upgrade to 4 when I get two more hammers.

nmishii
03-10-15, 02:04 PM
I know, so much in this game punishes early players, and if they finally respond they will brush you off with "keep in mind this game is still in beta" or some bs like that. The mastery points piss me off too, why make us go back to cook worthless recipes when they could have introduced them right from the start? And THEN fail to recognized already earned yellow star when they change mastery system AGAIN?

You can technically get level 6 markets, but the coin cost makes me think it's a joke, they want 1,680,000 for 6th level fruit market, for example. (no I did not add extra zero, double checked). Street market will still upgrade but they want 31 nails and 15 boards and 7 hammers, not that crazy but as you have noticed, they really clash with seeds in the tool box and you are forced to either choose to upgrade garden or save for market but not both. You can't have 31 nails and 35 seeds and nails and hammer all jammed in a limited storage.

Thanks. When I upgraded to level 4 I thought the 700000+ for level 5 was unachievable. Now it's not that bad, especially since there are no more new appliances for me to buy and just the mastery set recipes to unlock. But 1.68M is a lot. After I upgrade my fruit market I might get another deli although it will still take forever to unlock the triple decker sandwich. I still don't think I need another salad bar or drink machine.

tiggerhobbes
03-10-15, 02:17 PM
I actually find salad bar and deli both effortless to keep going and they both have recipes that earn decent coins, so Im always surprised that people don't see it as an advantage to get two of each ASAP.

Yeah drink maker will stress you out if you get the second one, you will really struggle to keep both running now that they have taken away vanilla milkshake 1.0

I guess because I have also run out of stoves to buy, I am starting to contemplate upgrading my fruit market even though the coins requirements are crazy. It's a little shocking how fast coins fall into the till when you stop buying appliances.

jim23cash
03-10-15, 02:19 PM
I'm level 31, just started at Valentines Day version, and still have no shovels! I don't know how you have so many garden plots. I have seeds, but zero shovels.

nmishii
03-10-15, 03:01 PM
I'm level 31, just started at Valentines Day version, and still have no shovels! I don't know how you have so many garden plots. I have seeds, but zero shovels.

They will eventually drop, be patient. Then one day you will be deleting shovels to make room for another tool. Lately my rare tool has been hammers.

pineysue
03-10-15, 03:28 PM
I rarely see vanilla in my slots..so frustrating. I see more garlic and basil than I do anything else.

esmerelda35
03-10-15, 06:57 PM
I rarely see vanilla in my slots..so frustrating. I see more garlic and basil than I do anything else.

Agreed - I'm lucky to see one vanilla a day, and I have five garden slots.

orleansparish
03-10-15, 07:08 PM
I actually find salad bar and deli both effortless to keep going and they both have recipes that earn decent coins, so Im always surprised that people don't see it as an advantage to get two of each ASAP.

Yeah drink maker will stress you out if you get the second one, you will really struggle to keep both running now that they have taken away vanilla milkshake 1.0

I guess because I have also run out of stoves to buy, I am starting to contemplate upgrading my fruit market even though the coins requirements are crazy. It's a little shocking how fast coins fall into the till when you stop buying appliances.

I agree. I have three deli makers and two sushi ones. I was saving for a second drink mixer or expansion 11. But being that I unlocked the vanilla shake and milk I've only been to make once, Im back to saving coins again. Now there are goals. The leprechaun is dropping four clovers at a time for me.

But if this is going to cost coins or the end prize is that gold statue I won't care. It's hideous!

PraxisOfGood
03-10-15, 07:15 PM
the goal of the quest line would appear to be the potato pesto pie.

I got five clovers from the leprechaun the first time he appeared and four the second. The two visits were 30 minutes apart.

WinnyWoos
03-10-15, 09:16 PM
That's nice, I get 2 clovers a visit....figures. Getting real tired of how unbalanced this game is.

PraxisOfGood
03-11-15, 12:05 AM

That's stage 2 of the questline. Three of the green spice (5 clover, 1 sugar, 15 minutes in spice grinder), two potato soup, and twelve water served.

And stage 3:

That's 5 St. Paddy's pasta (2 pasta, 2 cheese, 1 green spice)

fatbearsecondary
03-12-15, 08:44 AM
This seems reasonable!!! What fun gameplay this is....

queentina3
03-12-15, 10:16 AM
This seems reasonable!!! What fun gameplay this is....

Oh, now that is horrible! :(

tiggerhobbes
03-12-15, 11:24 AM
I have nine plots and had that happened to me 3 times already, I've also had 6 out of 9 plots taken up by vanilla regularly.

Since this update my garden is basically dysfunctional and my chateau stove useless. Even my spice station takes unexpected sabbaticals. Thanks for destroying my game play experience TL, if it's not broken, then lets break it.

PraxisOfGood
03-12-15, 11:28 AM
My garden looked like that yesterday. Of course, three of the seven plots were actually growing ginger, but it was still a significant crimp in my bruschetta and prime rib production.

I would mind less if I had enough plots that I could lose some of them to random vanilla production, but Lily does not seem to have followed through on her high rate of seed drops.

ElaineCarrel
03-14-15, 06:43 PM
I have a measly 5 plots and yesterday, Friday, all of them spent the day growing vanilla. Some when replanted gave me more vanilla. Ugh. Today, Saturday, started off ok, lots of garlic and basil and then around noon the blasted vanilla was back. It's 940 pm and I won't have any clear plots u
For another 2 hrs. I realize the mastery spice is really nice to have but.....

queentina3
03-14-15, 07:09 PM
I have a measly 5 plots and yesterday, Friday, all of them spent the day growing vanilla. Some when replanted gave me more vanilla. Ugh. Today, Saturday, started off ok, lots of garlic and basil and then around noon the blasted vanilla was back. It's 940 pm and I won't have any clear plots u
For another 2 hrs. I realize the mastery spice is really nice to have but.....

It is really nice to have, it's why I've completed the three Irish recipes and am working on the Potato Pesto one (which takes 40 cooks to reach level 1 mastery). Believe me, those mastery spices will come in very handy when using them on those goal dishes.

takiearenee
04-13-15, 05:32 PM
I'm having a extremely hard time getting vanilla. Extremely hard meaning I haven't got one via lily or my plots.. What should I do??

queentina3
04-13-15, 05:34 PM
I'm having a extremely hard time getting vanilla. Extremely hard meaning I haven't got one via lily or my plots.. What should I do??

I'm sorry but there isn't anything you can do. We don't determine what the water bucket plants or what Lilly drops. I get tons of basil and an average amount of garlic, but only a few ginger/vanilla in a day. It's just the way it is, unfortunately.

takiearenee
04-13-15, 06:44 PM
That sucks 😓 but thanks

snowyglowy
04-15-15, 12:04 PM
I'm not getting any vanilla 😒 why?

queentina3
04-15-15, 12:05 PM
I'm not getting any vanilla �� why?

It is a rare drop from the watering can.

snowyglowy
04-15-15, 12:14 PM
Oh okay thanks :)

KronicTor2ga
04-16-15, 06:19 AM
On the opposite side of the spectrum............................
I'm having a bug where it shows Vanilla is growing in the plot, but once completed, magically turns to Ginger.
I don't need no stinkin' Ginger, lol.
I've posted a thread in the Bugs & Issues section so we'll see. :confused:

tywin111
04-20-15, 03:55 PM
Any thing we can do about extra vanila? I have 14 and no way to use up that many except in spice mastery. Any recipe that require vanila?

queentina3
04-20-15, 06:04 PM
Vanilla Milkshake and Creme Brulee I know takes them and there could be others but I haven't gotten to the level to unlock them yet.

CindysTNFarm
05-26-15, 02:19 AM
Any thing we can do about extra vanila? I have 14 and no way to use up that many except in spice mastery. Any recipe that require vanila?

You can view all the recipes, even the unlocked ones, in the recipe book. I never let that much pile up because it takes up room I need for other ingredients. I would personally delete about 12 of those and save just a couple.

I'm getting overwhelmed with vanilla right now. I have 8 plots, and right now 6 of them are growing Vanilla. It takes 8 hours to grow, so I have to wait all that time to grow something else that I'll actually use. I wish there was a way to discard the crop in progress without paying gems or quick serves to complete it early.

xenu8
05-28-15, 06:26 PM
I need the vanilla, you need 2 for creme brulee. I throw away a lot of basil & sometimes garlic, just now I had 25 basils, that is crazy.

DrP4ever
05-29-15, 01:15 AM
I rarely get vanilla & when I do I use it.

ariffraff
06-12-15, 03:09 PM
20899Well this is a vanilla takeover 2 are ginger but.... I don't want vanilla removed but, for a rare item...

missbabylake
06-21-15, 11:20 AM
I'm opposite to most of the players in this thread - I still haven't grown any vanilla nor does Lilly drop it when she comes to a visit, and I need vanilla for the mastery spice!
Also, when Cid comes to visit he drops wood like crazy and hammers, but no nails - and that's what I need to upgrade my butcher and veggie shop.