PDA

View Full Version : Timed objectives

Kirrawynne
03-09-15, 09:48 AM
Question about the timed objectives/quests. If you don't meet the deadline, do you get another chance somewhere along the way to do it again? I have to make magic axes for which I do not have enough materials for and even if I did, I am not staying available for the next the next 20 hours to hit a button to start forging one every two hours.

I guess if I miss out, oh well.

PraxisOfGood
03-09-15, 11:09 AM
If you make half of them, then you're in the worst of both worlds -- you didn't pass the quest and you also have some stout axes instead of the wood and iron ore. Looking through the quest list, it seems like there are a few other quests that make you collect stout axes, so I presume they're the same thing and you'd have a leg up at that point. But that isn't always the case with timed quests.

meme1098
03-09-15, 11:19 AM
Depends on the timed quest. If it's a timed quest that states it will get you ahead if completed, you are still able to do the goal but it usually just takes longer after that part times out.
If the complete goal is timed than don't "give" anything until you have everything required because if you fail those parts/ingredients are gone forever.

burritosprings
03-09-15, 11:36 AM
If you make half of them, then you're in the worst of both worlds -- you didn't pass the quest and you also have some stout axes instead of the wood and iron ore. Looking through the quest list, it seems like there are a few other quests that make you collect stout axes, so I presume they're the same thing and you'd have a leg up at that point. But that isn't always the case with timed quests.

At least they have a cool down step.

Kirrawynne
03-09-15, 12:10 PM
I guess I should had specified that it's a quest for bartering for feathers. I also didn't make the deadline for the quest about a pink stone. Too bad if I miss out on anything but I'm not planning on spending money for gems on this game anytime soon, if ever.

Thanks for the help!

PurpleScorpion76
03-09-15, 12:26 PM
I guess I should had specified that it's a quest for bartering for feathers. I also didn't make the deadline for the quest about a pink stone. Too bad if I miss out on anything but I'm not planning on spending money for gems on this game anytime soon, if ever.

Thanks for the help!

If it's the pink Allicorn then you'll still get the Allicorn.

readysetgo888
03-09-15, 12:32 PM
Personally these timed quests irritate me.... The pink alicorn was the first time I'd seen this, I think, and it seems ridiculous to me. In all three cases, I added up the time and resources needed to get through the timed step to get the rewards, and it never seemed even kind of worth it to me. It made much more sense just to let the optional timed goal run out and then go from there. Given how difficult the timed steps were to complete, the reward for them should have been MUCH better.

And on top of the fact that I think the timed steps are very much not worth it, it's not even clear that they are optional! That is just so unfair! If it wasn't for the forum, we would have no idea that you don't HAVE to do them. Like in the first one, it required 200,000 coins! There was no way I had that, but I could have wasted soooooo many anyway, just trying to get them because I thought that was the only way to ever get the pink alicorn! I don't mind them having the timed steps, since they are optional, but why can't it be CLEARLY STATED that they are optional??? It just seems so shady to me.