PDA

View Full Version : Gold or Diamond dragon?

Mythdefied
03-07-15, 11:58 AM
I've been saving up my gold with the intention of buying a Gold dragon, but with these tournaments, I'm starting to think it would be better spent in getting a Diamond dragon and breeding a few more of that type. I'm vacillating between the two, so any opinions on this that might help me settle? TYIA

PernReloaded
03-07-15, 12:07 PM
I've been saving up my gold with the intention of buying a Gold dragon, but with these tournaments, I'm starting to think it would be better spent in getting a Diamond dragon and breeding a few more of that type. I'm vacillating between the two, so any opinions on this that might help me settle? TYIA

I definitely think a regular diamond would be more worthwhile, since then you can outright breed a Crusader and Quetzal with few issues - that would give you a solid start on hybrids. It's also easier to breed an Infinity using a diamond with one of those diamond hybrids than otherwise.

MaribouMay
03-07-15, 12:44 PM

I would go for the diamond. You can then try for Crusader with Diamond+Fire or Quetzal with Diamond+Forest. The fails will breed in seconds so you can try repeatedly. That is what I did. Just make sure you have a nest open for your Fire or Forest fails or you are stuck waiting or spending gold. BTW, I highly recommend a second nest if you don't already have one.

Mythdefied
03-07-15, 04:07 PM
I have 3 nests for situations just like that. It's been a lifesaver for fast breeding.

Thank you very much for your advice, both of you. It looks like Diamond is the way to go.

Clark_Wayne
03-07-15, 06:14 PM
I have 3 nests for situations just like that. It's been a lifesaver for fast breeding.

Thank you very much for your advice, both of you. It looks like Diamond is the way to go.

I think you better save your golds for golds dragons sales.
Buy at this moment, then feed until Epic the golds dragons , so they will give 5 golds per day.
With these golds you can use for tournaments or buy diamond dragons.
There is no garanties that diamond dragons always win vs another dragon, but golds dragons give you always golds that you can use ;)

Kennedward
03-07-15, 07:50 PM

I would suggest Gold dragon because you will be able to save more gold with them. But it's your choice.

bakerystoe
03-08-15, 03:12 AM
Gold will be more worth it:). Gold everyday and then u can breed diamond!

bakerystoe
03-08-15, 03:13 AM
PS; I got more than 200 unique dragons without diamond and champions( Except Venetian and leviathan):)

Tealantern
03-08-15, 03:32 AM
Epic gold dragons generate gold quite quickly (5 a day, 35 per week, 1825 per year). I recommend buying a gold dragon in the sale though (usually about 600 gold). I bought my diamond dragon first though. I had a quetzal and crusader within a few days. Throwing your diamond dragon into the breeding den with anything else is quite good fun eg whilst trying to get a prism with diamond and stone I still got my angel :-)

B6x9js
03-08-15, 09:25 AM
You should also take into consideration the cost of the habitats I was able to buy a Forbidden Dragon (gold type) when it went on sale it is still sitting on a nest due to the fact that a treasure terrace is 8 million coins!

Kennedward
03-08-15, 02:44 PM
You should also take into consideration the cost of the habitats I was able to buy a Forbidden Dragon (gold type) when it went on sale it is still sitting on a nest due to the fact that a treasure terrace is 8 million coins!

Nice tip! I forgot to mention that because I have so many coins that it's no longer a problem for me, but if you don't have enough for a gold habitat then you should save up before buying it

PernReloaded
03-08-15, 04:53 PM
*reads through posts* oh, crud, you meant a TREASURE dragon! I thought you meant the gold dragon as in diamond hybrid Gold dragon.

Honestly, I think they both equal each other out. A treasure dragon is a very solid investment.

Mythdefied
03-08-15, 05:00 PM
I'm going to think about it some more. Coins are no issue for me, so a treasure habitat is easy to afford. I may wait to see what goes on sale when.

Kennedward
03-08-15, 05:09 PM
I'm going to think about it some more. Coins are no issue for me, so a treasure habitat is easy to afford. I may wait to see what goes on sale when.

Cool, I personally have all 8 gold dragons and most of the diamond type dragons as well so I'm currently as happy as any Dragon Story player can be lol

Mythdefied
03-08-15, 05:23 PM
Cool, I personally have all 8 gold dragons and most of the diamond type dragons as well so I'm currently as happy as any Dragon Story player can be lol

I wish Android players could've got in on it back when the habitats would hold 10 gold per day. Although, if I can manage it, 4 habitats at 5 gold per day is still pretty good. 140 gold per week adds up.

Also, I did buy tge Forbidden dragon when it waw on sale. I just hope the other treasure dragons go on sale at some point.

MaribouMay
03-08-15, 05:36 PM
I had understood you to mean the yellow/diamond hybrid too. I have one gold type dragon and would consider another if it was on sale. I do like that steady "income" of gold.

Note that you don't really get 5 gold per day. The flag to indicate collection comes up when there are 2 gold to collect. You can wait longer but then you need to remember exactly when you last collected. This morning I thought I had calculated it correctly for collecting 3 gold, but only got 2 gold. I probably was a few minutes early so it rounded down to 2 gold. With moderate effort, like waiting 15 hours (approximately 3/5 of 24 hours) after collecting 2 gold at 6pm. If I first open the game at 8am (14 hours after last collection), I would only get 2 gold. By waiting to collect at 9am I get 3 gold. It takes restraint as the impulse is to collect everything that seems ready.

LonePudding
03-08-15, 07:06 PM
If you are more into breeding new dragons and battling, diamond is better in terms of breeding it's hybrids and their usefulness in the arena. If you just need more gold to speed things, buy new decor etc go for the gold dragon! Tip: if you're not a good gold saver like me, one gold dragon REALLY isn't enough. I recommend you wait until you can buy multiple gold dragons. My favourites are forbidden, goldleaf and gilded. I'm hoping to have them all one day...

Anaboe
03-08-15, 07:27 PM
I bought my Diamond-dragon as a value-pack and bought my 3 Goldgiving dragons wilde they were on sale.

Diamonds give you a head-start in the arena, especially when you don't have Champions.

But to be honest, I don't know what I would do, tho I never would buy a Goldgiving dragon for the full price, only when ot's on sale.

Kennedward
03-09-15, 07:44 PM
I wish Android players could've got in on it back when the habitats would hold 10 gold per day. Although, if I can manage it, 4 habitats at 5 gold per day is still pretty good. 140 gold per week adds up.

Also, I did buy tge Forbidden dragon when it waw on sale. I just hope the other treasure dragons go on sale at some point.

They hold sales from time to time, so it'll come eventually

PernReloaded
03-09-15, 09:12 PM
They went on sale last year for Black Friday, and when a new one comes out it is on sale for a few days.