PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Story 2 "Demographics"

electronicole
03-07-15, 10:33 AM
Just curious to know what the majority of the gaming population for this game is like. Granted, this is a message board so the statistics may be biased/limited to a smaller percentage of gamers, but I think it'll still be interesting to see what everyone is like and if we share similar interests.

As for me, I'm a 27 year old mother of one (soon to be two) simultaneously working on a degree in college and holding a full time job. Games like these seem to fit my busy schedule. What about you?

mamareader02
03-07-15, 01:44 PM
36 year old stay at home mama,like to read and garden(my faves are Passion flower vines and hydrangeas)

ongakuonna
03-07-15, 05:33 PM
33 yr old single, no kids. I am a fitness junkie and currently am training to complete a tough mudder challenge this summer. My time devoted to my training makes this game perfect for me as well. I actually play it in between cardio and weight lifting and things like that lol. I'm sure I get funny looks.

goldsilvercoin
03-07-15, 07:22 PM
23 year old female and I work from home. I travel often, no kids but my significant other and I have 4 dogs 2 cats and chickens. Life is good :) rs2 definitely fills the gaps in between my days

dmist24
03-07-15, 09:36 PM
31 years old, single, male from the Philippines! Working as Web-dev..

electronicole
03-07-15, 10:12 PM
31 years old, single, male from the Philippines! Working as Web-dev..

My mom is from Manila! :)

CuteTali
03-07-15, 10:14 PM
Two things:

1. There are a lot of kids that play, but they don't come to the forums at all, never (and I know many such people). There are also many non-english players who only play by tapping on the pictures in the game and figuring it out without knowing a single word in these games (yes, I know many people like that). So this survey could never be accurate.

2. As for these games' forum goers themselves, I've noticed a very strong trend though: most of the people who come here are adult females from all over the world and adult asian males for some reason. Granted there are other people too, that's just the majority of people that I've noticed on here. I think these games greatly appeal to the female gender, possibly because of the "cute" graphics and so many decorating options.

electronicole
03-07-15, 10:25 PM
Two things:

1. There are a lot of kids that play, but they don't come to the forums at all, never (and I know many such people). There are also many non-english players who only play by tapping on the pictures in the game and figuring it out without knowing a single word in these games (yes, I know many people like that). So this survey could never be accurate.

2. As for these games' forum goers themselves, I've noticed a very strong trend though: most of the people who come here are adult females from all over the world and adult asian males for some reason. Granted there are other people too, that's just the majority of people that I've noticed on here. I think these games greatly appeal to the female gender, possibly because of the "cute" graphics and so many decorating options.

I figured the statistics might be skewed, but still curious nonetheless. I've noticed an abundance of asian players based solely on the names of many players' restaurants. No clue what they say. As for me, I'm actually a PC gamer and gravitate toward games like Borderlands, zombie shooters, and artistic indie games, but being 8 months pregnant has rendered me incapable of sitting at a computer for too long. As a result, I've found myself playing lots of mobile games like this one which particularly appeals to me because of the food theme. Thanks to this games I've had to satisfy cravings for carrot cake, hamburgers, steak and eggs, and pretty much everything else. Sushi is the hard one to dodge. Oh, and I'm seriously considering cooking Bitterballen in real life. Who knows how I'll feel about this game after I pop this baby out. Haha.

supersamdiner
03-08-15, 06:28 PM
15 year old male. High school student from the US. I play this during class :) and after tennis practice or just in downtime. My school gives everyone an iPad so it's hard not to play it every few minutes lol

mamareader02
03-08-15, 07:37 PM
15 year old male. High school student from the US. I play this during class :) and after tennis practice or just in downtime. My school gives everyone an iPad so it's hard not to play it every few minutes lol

Hope you're playing this after your work is done!(sorry,but I am a mom,couldn't resist!:)