PDA

View Full Version : How long does it take until requests expire?

pixiegamer
03-07-15, 09:55 AM
Given how cluttered my 'gifts' space has been recently, I'm trying to cut down on how many new/appliance-exclusive parts I have stockpiled. Recently, I sent out a request for parts for an appliance, but one of my neighbors whom I requested has not yet replied. Since then, I've been able to build the appliance, and I no longer need the part I requested - and I absolutely DON'T want it taking up space in my gifts tab. Since I can't cancel the request, does anyone know how long it takes until they expire? I've seen requests up to 4 days old in my queue, but I wanted to see if anyone's seen any longer than that.

Thanks!

(Also, if any developers are reading this, please move the more recent gifts to the front of the list in Android! I don't necessarily mind having a long list of gifts, but it makes it hard to navigate when I want to put out gifted food).

lorettasapron
03-07-15, 02:15 PM
Given how cluttered my 'gifts' space has been recently, I'm trying to cut down on how many new/appliance-exclusive parts I have stockpiled. Recently, I sent out a request for parts for an appliance, but one of my neighbors whom I requested has not yet replied. Since then, I've been able to build the appliance, and I no longer need the part I requested - and I absolutely DON'T want it taking up space in my gifts tab. Since I can't cancel the request, does anyone know how long it takes until they expire? I've seen requests up to 4 days old in my queue, but I wanted to see if anyone's seen any longer than that.

Thanks!

(Also, if any developers are reading this, please move the more recent gifts to the front of the list in Android! I don't necessarily mind having a long list of gifts, but it makes it hard to navigate when I want to put out gifted food).

I can't be certain, but I think requests expire after seven days. Perhaps someone else can confirm that.

And I second the call for the current part gifts to be shifted to the start of the gift list!

ElaineCarrel
03-09-15, 07:25 PM
The parts needed for challenge appliances were at the front at least on the iOS games until this last update. Now everything's back at the end again.
What gives TL?

pixiegamer
03-09-15, 11:08 PM
>_< I was referring to the list of already-received gifts (our "gift inventory", I suppose I could call it) rather than our list of gifts we could give. In my understanding, more recently-received gifts are positioned at the front of the inventory in iOS, but it's the opposite for Android; more recently-received gifts are sent to the back. It gets tedious when you want to check a certain quantity of newer parts because all the old irrelevant ones are taking up so much room. I can't tell you how many relay batons and gas tanks I have that were never used. I wish we could delete them at least :(

Although, I wouldn't mind moving more relevant parts to the front of the list for giftable items either :)

bobbyrae
03-10-15, 08:50 AM
>_< I was referring to the list of already-received gifts (our "gift inventory", I suppose I could call it) rather than our list of gifts we could give. In my understanding, more recently-received gifts are positioned at the front of the inventory in iOS, but it's the opposite for Android; more recently-received gifts are sent to the back. It gets tedious when you want to check a certain quantity of newer parts because all the old irrelevant ones are taking up so much room. I can't tell you how many relay batons and gas tanks I have that were never used. I wish we could delete them at least :(

Although, I wouldn't mind moving more relevant parts to the front of the list for giftable items either :)

Yes. Good suggestion about being able to delete received gifts and moving recently received gifts to the front.

sally_brown
03-10-15, 06:52 PM
If scrolling through your gift inventory is annoying, you can do what I do, which is to tap on the appliance being built, and it will tell you. (Of course, this doesn't help if you want to know how many parts you have for an oven you aren't currently building.)