PDA

View Full Version : What are recipes really worth?

PraxisOfGood
03-06-15, 12:46 PM
Forget I mentioned it

tiggerhobbes
03-06-15, 01:09 PM
I think you might have neglected the fact that cooking stations are limited commodity in the game and so there is an absolute limit of how much you can process any given ingredient.

If that weren't the case, I can potentially generate astronomical earnings just by having a huge street market.

Ingredients worth are also dependent on stoves, what's relatively worthless in one stove is drastically different in another stove. Think hamburger vs meatballs, for example.

The fact remains, So few recipes call for garlic, I've been deleting them by the dozens until vanilla invaded my plots. But even post vanilla I'm still deleting garlic, the abundant availability vs lack of demands still renders it a not so valuable item, and certainly not too good to use in simple spice.

PraxisOfGood
03-06-15, 01:44 PM

tiggerhobbes
03-06-15, 01:59 PM
Well, see, there's yet another factor...

Recipes/ingredients only generate value at the point of sales, and not at the point of dishing.
And counters are really really seriously limited.
I've been making and deleting dishes since the mastery thing came out, because I don't have the counter space to plate them all.

All that means if you can't sell them fast enough, recipes still aren't that profitable. By the time you are selling 8 coins dishes (6coins. + spice) to speed earn coins for a desired purchase, you will be asking yourself do you really want to wreck your sales rate by having a one coin dish on one of your counters.

So just because one recipe can milk a lot of money out of a slab of beef, such as in French dip, doesn't mean it's actually a good value recipe, partly because of the time spent on the stove, but also partly because at one coin per dish it's not even worth selling.

I don't even touch the prime ribs recipe, I regularly get 4 - 6 beef from one refresh on the street market, its so not-rare that i dont think about milking it for all its worth. meanwhile I can think of much better things to do with the chateau stove.