PDA

View Full Version : Nugget #7 - Levels & Experience

ShibuyaCloth
03-06-15, 05:44 AM
Most actions in the game are rewarded by blue stars, each star is an eXperience Point (XP). As you gather experience you can gain levels. For each level you get more energy, capabilities and can access more advanced buildings, trades, adventures, quests, etc. Experience is acquired over time; you don't need to do specific actions (unless you focus on maximizing experience).
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/rsc/exp_med.pngExperience (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/inventory2.html#_Experience)Storable:NoInfo:eXperi ence Point (XP) helps you level up and unlock new feature and story parts. Any enrgy consuming action produces 1 XP, goals are other great sources of experience.Type:MaterialSource:StorylineFound:Main ly allUsed for:Level UpLink:https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79367

Calculator
Visit here to have a live calculator: https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/#XP_LvL

Sources
The XP come from various sources:

Tending buildings: 1 XP; if the building is sparking 2 XP
Tending items (flowers, trees, animals, etc.): 1 XP
Harvesting crops: 1XP
Chopping (grass, trees, rocks, etc.): 1XP per chop
Attacking: 1 XP per swing
Doing quests
Doing adventures
Visiting neighbors (can also yield coins or energy)

Production buildings (workshops, keep, barracks, potion shop, etc.) do not provide XP when tended.

Gaining XP
XP are provided by the sources. For most of them, 1-energy is converted into 1 XP. To estimate XP progression: energy used = XP gained.

If you are an active player, you can gather energy (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78083-Nugget-4-Energy&p=1046155&viewfull=1#post1046155) on a daily basis:

Energy timer: 360
Wizard schools: 160
Neighbors: 10
Alicorn, Dragon, Horse: 6 (average per day)
Greenhouse crafting: 20
Other (adventure, crops, beasts, etc): 50

A reasonable active player can generate 400-500 XP per day. Some extreme players manage over 1000 XP a day.

Levels
To reach a certain level you need sufficient XP. Hit your star on top level of the game screen to see your dominion overview.

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-Levels.png

The current game cap is set at 50. XP however continue to accumulate and has no known cap. XP per level seems to follow an exponential curve from level 1 to 30, after that, it follows a linear trend.

Future Levels
For levels after the cap, only speculations are true. Based on the initial known levels and experience, we can extrapolate the following possible XP for each level.

https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-SpeculativeLevels1.png
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-SpeculativeLevels2.png
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-SpeculativeLevels3.png
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-SpeculativeLevels4.png
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-SpeculativeLevels5.png
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-SpeculativeLevels6.png
https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/pics/CastleStory-Nugget-07-SpeculativeLevels7.png

Downloads

Levels Table (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-Levels.xlsx) (Excel)
Nuggets (https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-Nuggets.pdf) (PDF)

<< Previous (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79057-Nugget-6-Gems) ----- Next >> (https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79981-Nugget-8-Organize-Your-Castle)

SpiritWind00
03-06-15, 04:51 PM
Pictures fixed! Link added to the Hub as well.... :)

queenofpolharcity
03-09-15, 01:51 AM
What does TeamLava say about the logic of the cap being 50, about removing the cap, and the charts you made? They are wonderfully crafted, and you spent so much time in figuring out the possible outcomes and such, did TL give you any feedback at all?

ShibuyaCloth
03-09-15, 02:14 AM
1) Cap
Most game have a level cap. This can be for various reasons. This is not just TL. The rational in this case is just speculation.

2) Data
Most data comes from the forum here. I just reformat it into a more usable form. MS Office can do wounder if used properly. As for the future levels, well just analyze the data, it is not hard to figure out a possible trend.

3) S8 or TL affiliation
Nope, I am not affiliated to them. I don't gain anything from it, except fame from the community. As for feedback, sometimes TL gives insight on this forum.

queenofpolharcity
03-09-15, 11:13 AM
1) Cap
Most game have a level cap. This can be for various reasons. This is not just TL. The rational in this case is just speculation.

3) S8 or TL affiliation
Nope, I am not affiliated to them. I don't gain anything from it, except fame from the community. As for feedback, sometimes TL gives insight on this forum.

Maybe I didn't ask the right questions--
What IS TeamLava's rationale for their cap of 50? I've talked with some other players who were more tech-savvy than me, and apparently doesn't take a lot of detailed work to change it, and doesn't cause horrible repercussions to the future of the game, per se.

The other question, I guess, is if TL has made comment about this (because this subject has been brought up before, with different mods than we have now. We got no where then, either.) and if they haven't commented, how come?

I know you don't think it's any big deal, you've replied to my questions before. I just wonder how TL could just refuse to answer questions or sent to them by long-time players. Or should we just start emailing them ourselves, and skip coming to the Forums at all? If they don't answer a direct email, then there's no doubt that they arent concerned with the players' issues.

burritosprings
03-09-15, 11:20 AM

What IS TeamLava's rationale for their cap of 50? I've talked with some other players who were more tech-savvy than me, and apparently doesn't take a lot of detailed work to change it, and doesn't cause horrible repercussions to the future of the game, per se.

The other question, I guess, is if TL has made comment about this (because this subject has been brought up before, with different mods than we have now. We got no where then, either.) and if they haven't commented, how come?

I know you don't think it's any big deal, you've replied to my questions before. I just wonder how TL could just refuse to answer questions or sent to them by long-time players. Or should we just start emailing them ourselves, and skip coming to the Forums at all? If they don't answer a direct email, then there's no doubt that they arent concerned with the players' issues.

Lets ask you a question. What benefit does your kingdom get by it saying you are Level 51 and not Level 50?

meme1098
03-09-15, 11:26 AM
Like burrito, I really don't care about levels much. It continues to add to your experience total anyway.
I look more to the size (expansions all completed), my neighbors (& my relationship with them), & quest completions.
These are the important things to me in playing CS. :)

burritosprings
03-09-15, 11:41 AM
Love the work you are doing for the community Shibuyacloth. Idea for a nugget or at least a good thread would be in relation to Cooking Techniques. I seem to be all over the place with cooking stuff and end up with 2 much and not enough. Just an idea.

ShibuyaCloth
03-09-15, 12:33 PM

1) Cap II
There are two way to set a cap in an application. Soft (parameter file) is the most efficient but require more work to implement. A hard constant is the easy way, but you need a new game version to change it. Now I don't know how CS was made, probably the later. As to why there is a cap, just to avoid to have to huge differences between players. Also, if you have too many levels, younger players might be discouraged to play. Psychological gap.

Now I don't see this as an issue. The level doesn't bring much to the game, except unlocking some new features to a certain point. Right now, unless TL adds some insane quest for level 70+ with absurd requirements, I don't see the point or a reason to change it. As some others stated here the game is not about gaining levels.

What would you want to do with more levels?

ShibuyaCloth
03-09-15, 12:37 PM
Love the work you are doing for the community Shibuyacloth. Idea for a nugget or at least a good thread would be in relation to Cooking Techniques. I seem to be all over the place with cooking stuff and end up with 2 much and not enough. Just an idea.

The kitchen and Bakery have all the receipts. There is not much strategy or technicality to it. Plant-harvest-cook-repeat. But elaborate a bit more your idea and let me know.

burritosprings
03-09-15, 01:11 PM
The kitchen and Bakery have all the receipts. There is not much strategy or technicality to it. Plant-harvest-cook-repeat. But elaborate a bit more your idea and let me know.

Yeah I know but was thinking someone had a magic formula. I have heard of people splitting kitchens in pairs and using Brute Force.

Pairs:
Pair 1 - WB and Kitchen - Focus on long term stuff over a period of time.
Pair 2 - Use these to resupply Pair 1

Brute force attack:
Make the same thing using both sets till out stock then rebuild stock using all. Currently right now doing this with syrup.

This is assuming people have all 4 but same scenario if all there they have is 2 kitchens.

Like to hear other peoples methods. Never know someone might have a much better way)

ShibuyaCloth
03-09-15, 02:38 PM
OK, we are getting of topic here. So better move to another thread.

Got the idea. But again not much strategy. My issue now is here (http://www.portailsmm.com/cs/CastleStory-UnofficialGoals-RG-09.png). See not much left to do. And I have just 1 WB. Current target: max cakes.

SpiritWind00
03-11-15, 01:51 PM
please post on topic and follow the forum rules.

SpiritWind00
03-13-15, 05:21 PM
In relation to the current maximum level of 50, I have received confirmation from TeamLava that level 50 will continue to remain the maximum level. It has been noted that we have requested more levels. Thanks!

ShibuyaCloth
05-20-15, 11:15 AM
Expended nugget. Based on discussion in another thread about XP gains.

AnniePMH
05-24-15, 11:06 AM
I can't find anything in here about the XP you get by visiting neighbors...:confused: Other than the 10 energy, that is:)

ShibuyaCloth
05-24-15, 12:48 PM
I can't find anything in here about the XP you get by visiting neighbors...:confused: Other than the 10 energy, that is:)

Pfffuuu... You spotted the obvious! :p corrected, thanks!

Chaotarch
05-30-15, 06:29 AM
visit nbors you get more then 10.
yesterday 38xp, today 36xp:rolleyes: 107 nbors

ShibuyaCloth
05-30-15, 07:59 AM
visit nbors you get more then 10.
yesterday 38xp, today 36xp:rolleyes: 107 nbors

Yes, only energy is capped at 10, XP and coins not.

Chaotarch
05-30-15, 09:03 AM
Yes, only energy is capped at 10, XP and coins not.

have a look at the first page, gaining xp, nr.3:p i see a 10:confused:

ShibuyaCloth
05-30-15, 11:45 AM
have a look at the first page, gaining xp, nr.3:p i see a 10:confused:

Yes but you did not read the section "Gaining XP" fully, we are speaking about energy, not XP.

Chaotarch
06-13-15, 03:01 AM
Yes but you did not read the section "Gaining XP" fully, we are speaking about energy, not XP.

you are right:eek: i only read: neighbors + exp + 10 = cant be, lol:p

and i wrote down my daily-exp-progress ( the last 2 weeks ), and i have an average of 1,5k:cool:

AnniePMH
06-13-15, 11:23 AM
and i wrote down my daily-exp-progress ( the last 2 weeks ), and i have an average of 1,5k:cool:

I only average 1000 xp/day...:( Higher under unusual circumstances, like in case of troll sparring glitches and such...:D

Chaotarch
06-13-15, 11:28 AM
I only average 1000 xp/day...:( Higher under unusual circumstances, like in case of troll sparring glitches and such...:D

lolol, told a normal player "only 1000exp/day"....:p

mreames
06-13-15, 11:30 AM

Sigh.... I miss that glitch. Need to restock. Lol My Zephyrwind acct. almost went up a whole level that day just from restocking. Lol

Chaotarch
06-13-15, 01:35 PM
Sigh.... I miss that glitch. Need to restock. Lol My Zephyrwind acct. almost went up a whole level that day just from restocking. Lol

lol, the glitch only give me round abount 10k exp....lol, so dont worry:p

AnniePMH
07-25-15, 09:42 AM

I'm doing better at this now. This week 2000 xp/day:) Probably a little less after the monster event is finished:p

katbtodd
07-25-15, 12:20 PM
I'm doing better at this now. This week 2000 xp/day:) Probably a little less after the monster event is finished:p

Having all those Ali's help too

AnniePMH
07-25-15, 12:23 PM
Having all those Ali's help too

Yes, it's the Alis that make all the difference:)

Edit: And if you play in the middle of the night, when you're supposed to sleep, lol:D

katbtodd
07-25-15, 04:26 PM
Yes, it's the Alis that make all the difference:)

Edit: And if you play in the middle of the night, when you're supposed to sleep, lol:D

Yes,that does help too heheheheheheh

ShibuyaCloth
10-28-15, 01:04 AM
Added new XP source & link to XP tables in Excel

Chaotarch
05-25-16, 05:25 AM
lol, lv150 is not enough:eek:
only a few days to go...:cool:

Wonkaland99
05-25-16, 07:04 AM
Great tables.
You asked why people would want extra levels. My answer is not in relation to my own kingdom, but in relation to actual and potential neighbours. I have only recently reached level 50, and would be level 53. I would be much more likely to seek neighbours around my own level or lower than those level 100+, simply because their hearts would be more easy to find when visiting.
Also it would add a bit of competition with close neighbours when levelling up.

ShibuyaCloth
05-25-16, 12:56 PM
lol, lv150 is not enough:eek:
only a few days to go...:cool:

Well add the 151-200 part !

Chaotarch
05-23-17, 10:33 PM
Some extreme players manage over 1000 XP a day.

mmh, maybe i am the last...:eek:
atm i manage easy 100k/month, should be 4000/day:cool:
so next goal is 5000/day, but need more space for that and a new alisale:p

... and yes i know, it is still over 1000 XP a day;)

ShibuyaCloth
05-25-17, 03:04 AM
mmh, maybe i am the last...:eek:
atm i manage easy 100k/month, should be 4000/day:cool:
so next goal is 5000/day, but need more space for that and a new alisale:p

... and yes i know, it is still over 1000 XP a day;)

Should I add level 201-250?

Chaotarch
05-25-17, 10:12 PM
Should I add level 201-250?

in excel you have allready:rolleyes:
...lv 212:cool:

ShibuyaCloth
05-26-17, 12:55 PM
in excel you have allready:rolleyes:
...lv 212:cool:

Yeap, but not posted the picture of the table :)
Well you still have some time to go before hitting level 250!

Chaotarch
06-01-17, 12:37 AM
Well you still have some time to go before hitting level 250!
uugh, only 9 month....
but hoping for blackfriday-alisale, or new mrc-alis:eek::eek:

Chaotarch
12-06-17, 06:49 AM
uugh, only 9 month....
but hoping for blackfriday-alisale, or new mrc-alis:eek::eek:

mmh, guess wrong calculation:confused::rolleyes:
atm only 45k xp to go for lv250...

ShibuyaCloth
12-06-17, 01:41 PM
mmh, guess wrong calculation:confused::rolleyes:
atm only 45k xp to go for lv250...

I was on track for my 1000000 XP mark. Hit it end of November, which was a little faster then expected. Must say the late events also generated a lot of extra XP.

Added up to level 350, so you can check your progress.

jkc619
07-28-18, 07:59 AM
Great tables.
You asked why people would want extra levels. My answer is not in relation to my own kingdom, but in relation to actual and potential neighbours. I have only recently reached level 50, and would be level 53. I would be much more likely to seek neighbours around my own level or lower than those level 100+, simply because their hearts would be more easy to find when visiting.
Also it would add a bit of competition with close neighbours when levelling up.

I agree. It is fun to try to see how high you can go and to see how you compare with your neighbors. My goal now is to see how many RP's I can get. lol. Thank you ShibuyaCloth and Spirit for all that you do! You guys do a great job!

Chaotarch
07-30-18, 04:05 AM
My goal now is to see how many RP's I can get. lol. Thank you ShibuyaCloth and Spirit for all that you do! You guys do a great job!

OFF Topic ( LOL ):
i stopped at 25k, after S8 capped the Animals&Deco; cuz you need royalcows, even with over 40 lv9 amphies would be difficult.

here is a teaser from a lost nbr ( after setting the cap:mad: ):

ShibuyaCloth
08-15-18, 10:35 PM
OFF Topic ( LOL ):
i stopped at 25k, after S8 capped the Animals&Deco; cuz you need royalcows, even with over 40 lv9 amphies would be difficult.

here is a teaser from a lost nbr ( after setting the cap:mad: ):

I made a new Thread: https://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?105716-Nugget-13-Royal-Points

Currently you can only get as high as 25k RP.

ShibuyaCloth
12-12-18, 09:56 AM
Added new levels as some players have reach abnormal levels of XP :rolleyes:

greasyfork1
01-27-21, 10:21 AM
To ding to Lvl 16 is not 5711 its less. reason i know is i was trying to time the ding to coincide with me having almost full energy so when I used boost i could maximize my clicking to try and get Bo and shoot up LB. I think it was more like 5700 to 5702.. sorry was tapping and didnt realize at first I had already dinged.

ShibuyaCloth
05-02-21, 01:52 PM
Just added a live level & XP calculator: https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/#XP_LvL

Enter the XP you have in your game overview window to estimate your real level!

SpiritWind00
05-02-21, 03:06 PM
That is super clever! :)

ShibuyaCloth
05-02-21, 03:15 PM
That is super clever! :)

Just got bored from the LB. :rolleyes:

ren333277277
05-03-21, 03:23 AM
I?m now level 43. For special events, what?s ?higher level? considered to be, for lower or higher level requirements in the event goals. I read months ago about it being in the 40s or something. But worried because even the last bear event, with ivys hut collections it can be slow going. I looked on the forum for each event, but it only says ?HL? or ?LL? but not what level ?HL? is ...

Can anyone clear this up for me please?

SpiritWind00
05-03-21, 04:41 AM
I?m now level 43. For special events, what?s ?higher level? considered to be, for lower or higher level requirements in the event goals. I read months ago about it being in the 40s or something. But worried because even the last bear event, with ivys hut collections it can be slow going. I looked on the forum for each event, but it only says ?HL? or ?LL? but not what level ?HL? is ...

Can anyone clear this up for me please?
Certainly can! It's 46+. :) and welcome to the forum!

colsieann
05-03-23, 09:40 PM
Just added a live level & XP calculator: https://www.portailsmm.com/cs/#XP_LvL

Enter the XP you have in your game overview window to estimate your real level!

Wondering if this is up to date or if I did something wrong. One of my games is level 47 with 131,549 XP. I was trying to calc how many til I hit level 48 and it told me I'm already on level 48. Thanks for any help you can offer :)

SpiritWind00
05-04-23, 02:22 AM
The calculator is just for fun to figure out levels above 50. You need to look at the under level 50 table on page 1. You're so very close to the next level! Your blue star must look full. Once you hit level 50 you don't get that as a visual. Miss that :)

131600 is L48