PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 3/5/15 Preparing for the next event

Pages : [1] 2

PikaSquirrel
03-05-15, 11:48 AM
Hey everyone,

There's a big event happening next week in your Kingdom! To prepare, there will be a few timed Goals this week starting today at 12 PM PST and expiring at 11:30 AM DST on March 12th. These are optional, but if you complete them, the rewards will give you a head start in next week's event. You need to be level 15+ in order to participate in this week's Goals.

News for Android players... Will also post this post 2.

Yes Android players will have access to the update tomorrow as well. They should be on 1.2.5.2g, which is the most recent version available in Google Play.

PikaSquirrel
03-05-15, 11:48 AM
The Preparation Goals.

1. Taken into Custardy
Give 40 eggs (skip 40 gems)
Give 50 milk (skip 50 gems)
Give 5 sugar (skip 10 gems)
Reward: 3 wooden beam

2. Ghastly Castle
Give 3 Super Glue (skip 15 gems)
Give 8 Orange Dye (skip 24 gems)
Give 5 Purple Dye (skip 15 gems)
Give 3 Red Dye (skip 24 gems)

Orange dye: 6 orange petals, 5 water.
Orange petals found: talinum auranticum, multi-coloured hedge, patch of tall grass, plant in a log, old log, bushes, ferns, Ivy's Hut

3. Man with A Plan
Accept Baron's Gift (press take) 0/1
Reward: 3 stone block

That's it till next week!

There is a new post that I've added in The Hub about Community Events and how they work. click here for the Link (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-quot-THE-HUB!-quot-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-Castle-Story&p=1070887&viewfull=1#post1070887). SW 10 March.

CharmOfLea
03-05-15, 11:54 AM
Now I'm really curious. :D

Liloze
03-05-15, 12:04 PM
Okay ! I do hope it is not one of those Worldwide Events though,
I really really don't feel like spending gazillions of energies
to collect tons of let'ssay "Corn" ( yikes) :p to get a decoration!
Will wait and see ...
And I do hope if there's a new building, some expansions to go with it...:cool:

midsom
03-05-15, 12:24 PM
Fantastic, sounds great, something to do now and something to look forward to. Thanks Pika

PurpleScorpion76
03-05-15, 12:29 PM
Excellent news! Thank you! So St Patricks Day, Mothers Day, Easter?!? Now I would LOVE to go on an Easter a Egg Hunt!

HistoryGirl7
03-05-15, 12:35 PM
Yay. Glad there's an update

8hat
03-05-15, 12:44 PM
Excellent news! Thank you! So St Patricks Day, Mothers Day, Easter?!? Now I would LOVE to go on an Easter a Egg Hunt!

Oh no! Not an Easter Egg Hunt in this game. The Baron would demand jewel encrusted mithril and adamant eggs that are sneezed on by the special dragons from the Pyre Caverns (that we don't all have) and between Griselda and Ivy something would blow up and the cute little Easter bunnies they try to give us will be another type of evil monster that pops out every time you try to collect something

Lol, or maybe it will be fun :)

wheatsy
03-05-15, 12:48 PM
Yessss!! I'm finally excited again

PurpleScorpion76
03-05-15, 12:50 PM
Oh no! Not an Easter Egg Hunt in this game. The Baron would demand jewel encrusted mithril and adamant eggs that are sneezed on by the special dragons from the Pyre Caverns (that we don't all have) and between Griselda and Ivy something would blow up and the cute little Easter bunnies they try to give us will be another type of evil monster that pops out every time you try to collect something

Oh but such fun!

my2place
03-05-15, 12:51 PM
Thanks Pika! Will be happy with whatever TL/S8 has in store for us!

wheatsy
03-05-15, 01:04 PM
Is that it for the goal? Sugar, milk, eggs, glue and the colored ink?

Castloninian
03-05-15, 01:04 PM
I just got some new quests, simply giving milk, eggs, dyes etc. and got some beams and blocks in return. Questbook has disappeared again. Was that really it?

HistoryGirl7
03-05-15, 01:06 PM
Yeah, wow. I finished that in 2 minutes....sigh

burritosprings
I just got some new quests, simply giving milk, eggs, dyes etc. and got some beams and blocks in return. Questbook has disappeared again. Was that really it?

It did say timed events as in plural so maybe later on this week more will pop up

meme1098
:confused:Everything was just food items, dyes, .... Finished it in about 3 minutes. Nothing else:confused:

Ok...I officially hate this new forum! In order to edit I have to close the window the first time since it's so small i can't read a thing. 2nd time edit opens the regular-sized window but to do advanced editing I again get the teeny, tiny window. Please!!!! Storm8 fix this forum!!!

my2place
03-05-15, 01:09 PM
LOLOL - I always try to be prepared, but will take me another 10 minutes to get all the eggs I need (just did a dairy exchange) ... good way to take us by surprise :) Love it!

Edit: AND ... just finally got a second dragon egg, will have to wait and see if I can take a magic forge out of commission for 2 days!

meme1098
03-05-15, 01:12 PM
The Baron did say something about making custard which we only gave ingredients for so maybe next week we'll be cooking & baking our behinds off. Also, decorations for the big to do. But I didn't see timers on any of that stuff!!! Time to Replenish everything... Lol

SpiritWind00
03-05-15, 01:14 PM
It might only take you 5 minutes to finish this update! done...

8hat
Well, Pika said there was something more next week...and just because it wasn't challenging for higher levels that are reasonably well-stocked, think about those level 15's that are scurrying around making dyes and sugar.

I actually was out of sugar and had to use my energy to clear my fields so I could plant some...oops, maybe I should have laid off the pies & lemonade trades:rolleyes:

paisdelasmaravillas
Yes!
Here is!!
The first goal

SpiritWind00
03-05-15, 01:15 PM
post 2 updated in a mini. there are only a couple of little goals to do...

burritosprings
03-05-15, 01:16 PM
Well, Pika said there was something more next week...and just because it wasn't challenging for higher levels that are reasonably well-stocked, think about those level 15's that are scurrying around making dyes and sugar.

I actually was out of sugar and had to use my energy to clear my fields so I could plant some...oops, maybe I should have laid off the pies & lemonade trades:rolleyes:

Thts why i made a new account on droid tablet. Fun stuff to do when higher level account can breeze past. This is challenging since i still have not kicked off pinky. Brushing up on strategy) so when i start the timers for pinky i can take advantage of them.

paisdelasmaravillas
03-05-15, 01:17 PM
And the second goal...

tuffyjkitten
03-05-15, 01:17 PM
I had 1 orange dye leftover from Halloween so I have to make more. That's the only thing I have to do. Except replenish of course. Was that really it?? How does that get us ahead.....?

PurpleScorpion76
03-05-15, 01:18 PM
Can't post pictures anymore. But there are more tasks!

idrispad
03-05-15, 01:21 PM
Rewards of a few basic wood beams and blocks??

paisdelasmaravillas
03-05-15, 01:21 PM
And the third, and... The last?
Nothing more?
Finish?

Lavendah42
03-05-15, 01:22 PM
it will get us ahead for the event next week, (woohoo for Paddy's Day stuff (far too early for Easter)). So we will have some custard on hand and decorations done for next week. Have had most supplies maxed that have been required so far, but only 1 orange dye on hand so will be working on that :D

So will we get some fish fingers to go with that custard? :D

ciarjen
03-05-15, 01:22 PM
I had 1 orange dye leftover from Halloween so I have to make more. That's the only thing I have to do. Except replenish of course. Was that really it?? How does that get us ahead.....?

The baron gives us wooden beams and stone blocks :)

kudukuda
03-05-15, 01:23 PM
I say the rewards are a jint for what we need to stock up on for the next event.
Remember being a low level and chopping wood all day?

ciarjen
03-05-15, 01:27 PM
I say the rewards are a jint for what we need to stock up on for the next event.
Remember being a low level and chopping wood all day?

I'm inclined to think so too.

meme1098
03-05-15, 01:29 PM
Maybe building some fancy fortifications since ours are not up to par, or so the snob alluded to...lol

I do now have +100 of the blocks & beams since I was maxed.

Liloze
03-05-15, 01:30 PM
Gave 8 orange dye still have 9 but I am replacing the ones given...
Something to do as my potion shop is maxed, glad to re-use it again :)

CharmOfLea
03-05-15, 01:31 PM
For me 40 eggs and 50 milk are at the moment worth more than 6 beams and 3 blocks. I'll wait and see if the coming rewards would really put me ahead for next week, otherwise I'll be sitting this one out.

my2place
03-05-15, 01:32 PM

Yep, hard to keep everyone interested/involved 100% of the time :)

55lee55
03-05-15, 01:34 PM
Wow, that was...unfulfilling.

It did use up my orange dye left over from Halloween. I am not sure that Thursdays are worth looking forward to anymore. If this was a timed event to prepare for next week, will next week take five minutes to complete? Back to being bored and no quest book. I have lowered my expectations for next week after seeing this "event" to prepare for it. Ho hum. Yawn.

ShibuyaCloth
03-05-15, 01:34 PM
Now I will hold on the last step to replenish my orange dye to 100 :rolleyes:

Can someone say if the orange stay in the potion shop after the last step? As my potion shop was taking dust, I am happy giving it a run.

anissada
03-05-15, 01:35 PM
The Preparation Goals.

1. Taken into Custardy
Give 40 eggs (skip 40 gems)
Give 50 milk (skip 50 gems)
Give 5 sugar (skip 10 gems)

2. Ghastly Castle
Give 3 Super Glue (skip 15 gems)
Give 8 Orange Dye (skip 24 gems)
Give 5 Purple Dye (skip 15 gems)
Give 3 Red Dye (skip 24 gems)

3. Man with A Plan
Accept Baron's Gift (press take) 0/1
Reward: 3 stone block

That's it till next week!

just wondering, how do 6 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks give a headstart...
i have 99 in my inventory and can not get rid of them...
and i think i won't be the only one...

btw. the alteration in this forumlayout is worthless on ipad.
have to scroll down, and that doesnot work smoothly when i reply to something

dragon2046
03-05-15, 01:35 PM
Agree! TL has all different levels to keep interested. I'm thinking maybe there is a spring themed community event coming soon. I'm up for anything just love having updates. :)

PurpleScorpion76
03-05-15, 01:37 PM
Excellent as it's 3 tasks I can max out on orange dye with time to spare! Yay!

anissada
03-05-15, 01:37 PM
Now I will hold on the last step to replenish my orange dye to 100 :rolleyes:

Can someone say if the orange stay in the potion shop after the last step? As my potion shop was taking dust, I am happy giving it a run.

orange disappears, only yellow, red, blue and purple are always present

readysetgo888
03-05-15, 01:39 PM
So.... yeah... 3 super glue (not to mention the dyes) in exchange for 3 wooden beams? That seems way not worth it. We don't HAVE to do this to participate next week, right? I've got tons of wooden beams and stone blocks in my inventory right now, while being low on super glue. This trade doesn't make much sense to me.

anissada
03-05-15, 01:40 PM
For me 40 eggs and 50 milk are at the moment worth more than 6 beams and 3 blocks. I'll wait and see if the coming rewards would really put me ahead for next week, otherwise I'll be sitting this one out.

Imo 6 beams and 3 bloks dont make that much difference

CLOVERKAITO
03-05-15, 01:41 PM
I guess I know what I will be doing the next 6 days... making orange dye until this goal expires =P Since I only have a few stocked.

I had 90+ super glue anyway. Glad to use some.

It's kinda hard to visualize the lazy Baron lugging around 6 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks around just to troll people, though.

anissada
03-05-15, 01:42 PM
Yep, hard to keep everyone interested/involved 100% of the time :)

could be me.. but making 6 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks takes way less time and resources than there's needed to get those 9 things as rewards :)

so make you own headstart lol

jomykje
03-05-15, 01:44 PM
Did I really just give all this dyes and glue for some beams and blocks????? :confused: I should have read this forum first...:eek:

dangerb0y
03-05-15, 01:50 PM
Did I really just give all this dyes and glue for some beams and blocks????? :confused: I should have read this forum first...:eek:

Me too. It's faster to make beams and blocks than it is to make super glue and dyes.

Lavendah42
03-05-15, 01:54 PM
these "preparation" quests always seem easy when you are well stocked, but something bigger is just around the river bend ;)

perry5
03-05-15, 01:55 PM
Don't blink or you might miss this update! Done...and back to my own personal kingdom goals. Yawn...time for a little nap and start hoping for a fun update next week!! Fingers crossed!

Lavendah42
03-05-15, 01:55 PM
It's kinda hard to visualize the lazy Baron lugging around 6 wooden beams and 3 stone blocks around just to troll people, though.

oh he wouldn't, he'd delegate someone to deliver it I'm sure!

burritosprings
03-05-15, 02:00 PM
So.... yeah... 3 super glue (not to mention the dyes) in exchange for 3 wooden beams? That seems way not worth it. We don't HAVE to do this to participate next week, right? I've got tons of wooden beams and stone blocks in my inventory right now, while being low on super glue. This trade doesn't make much sense to me.

May not mean anything to you but how about a level 15. Do you not understand the concept of lower players being included. If it is impossible for a 15 but challenging for you. Will that make sense?

CharmOfLea
03-05-15, 02:04 PM
May not mean anything to you but how about a level 15. Do you not understand the concept of lower players being included. If it is impossible for a 15 but challenging for you. Will that make sense?

Hmm, no! 3 super glues, all dyes plus the eggs and milk in exchange for 6 beams and 3 blocks is particularly unrewarding for lower players.

SpiritWind00
03-05-15, 02:06 PM
making super glue at level 15 might take a week - if you don't play much, then yes I agree with you burritosprings, it will take a while.

Let's not forget just how much effort it takes to cut down a tree or a rock outcropping when you are a lower levelled player. This might take them all week to complete.

So, be kind please. Not every forum poster is Level 50 and has a bucket load of all the items we just had to give away. I'm excited that this means we will actually have an update next week and that's got to be good!

readysetgo888
03-05-15, 02:07 PM

I'm still a newer player... just hit level 25. I don't think I would have thought this trade made any more sense at level 15 than I do now. It takes way more energy to gather the stuff to make dyes and super glue than it does to just get wood and make wooden beams. I mean, to get sap to make super glue, I used to plant a lot of trees and chop them down - which gives me guaranteed wood but only some sap. Not to mention how I always used to be low on glimmerdust (and still kind of am). Sooooo, yeah.... Much easier to get wood and make wooden beams, and get stone and make stone blocks, than those other things for this trade. I don't get it at all.

tuffyjkitten
03-05-15, 02:19 PM
I agree that the resources involved for a lower player might not be worth the beams and blocks. Depends on how many trees/rocks are available from expansions to chop up and how many sawmills/mines/potion shops/workshops they have. It's a judgement call.

I was happy to use some superglue on something besides the builders paste that I don't need for anything. And I was maxed on petals so now I can make more dyes. Gives me something to do since most of the goals I have now require mithril and tons of mythic essence so they are verrrrrrry slow going. Looking forward to next week!

kat8rose
03-05-15, 02:22 PM
Help! Level 34, any reason why this preparatory Goal has not started for me yet? Thought a moderator might know, before I have to email customer service. thank you!

Buzzykinzz
03-05-15, 02:22 PM
Can someone say if the orange stay in the potion shop after the last step? As my potion shop was taking dust, I am happy giving it a run.[/QUOTE]

oRANGE dye??? (I know it will pop up when we have 2 make it)' but can ANYONE tel me whaaat makes up orange dye??pweeeese. ;-)

PurpleScorpion76
03-05-15, 02:25 PM

oRANGE dye??? (I know it will pop up when we have 2 make it)' but can ANYONE tel me whaaat makes up orange dye??pweeeese. ;-)[/QUOTE]

Orange petals and water.

meme1098
03-05-15, 02:30 PM
When you're quoting another poster, be sure the brackets are intact around the beginning & end of the quote.
Makes your post much clearer.

Orange dye: Orange petals & water
Craft time: 1 hr.

mrsstrawberry62
03-05-15, 02:45 PM

That sounds great!

butterfly_25
03-05-15, 02:46 PM
Same here, the goal is not showing up for me, I'm on level 50

senshin
03-05-15, 02:49 PM
I'm level 49 with all other goals completed and it popped up. I'm guessing you tried a forced close first?

gmelemg
03-05-15, 03:03 PM
Help! Level 34, any reason why this preparatory Goal has not started for me yet? Thought a moderator might know, before I have to email customer service. thank you!

Same here, the goal is not showing up for me, I'm on level 50

I am on Android & had to Update Castle Story in the Play Store... then the goal popped up...

kimberly0822
03-05-15, 03:08 PM
:eek::p:rolleyes::confused:

meme1098
03-05-15, 03:08 PM
You would think the Baron, being as snobbish as he is, would require the ornate beams & blocks!!! Not the regular ones.
But...they do require Royal blocks & beams to craft them, & the Royal blocks & beams require the regular beams & blocks.
So I'd say, if you haven't maxed on the ornate or royals, get busy doing that cuz the Baron don't want no ordinary ones for sure...lol

vednir
03-05-15, 03:10 PM
It appears that we're best served buying the ability to make orange dye with the first step then stocking up on orange dye as well as the various building materials for next week.

Buzzykinzz
03-05-15, 03:11 PM
When you're quoting another poster, be sure the brackets are intact around the beginning & end of the quote.
Makes your post much clearer.

Orange dye: Orange petals & water
Craft time: 1 hr.

TY both! U & PurpleScorpion76 for that answer bout how to make the dye!! LOL i "meant to ask" how do ya get OR what gives out orange petals to make the dye?. I 4got that i had 2 Talinum hiding in storage. ♥. LOL

❇✴ My niece sent me this info from web on where i might find ORANGE petals: Talinum Auranticum (300 coins; 5 minutes). Bush (400 coins; 10 minutes). Multi-Color Hedge (40 gems; time unknown)

P.S. Oops sorry, i didnt realize i accidentally erased one of those bracket thingies. TY Meme1098 for that reminder, my brain gets confused when there is more than 1 quote in the box i reply to. Blessings Buzzy!!

meme1098
03-05-15, 03:14 PM
No worries, Buzzy. The yellow flower gives you those petals. Just didn't have the amounts of petals & water for you...But... I'll bet it's in The Hub!!!
Gonna go check for you right now.:)

P.S. Well, orange dye isn't listed for the Potion Shop under crafting Buildings, at least that I could find

Found it on my 2nd account- 6 petals, 5 water

Liloze
03-05-15, 03:23 PM
making super glue at level 15 might take a week - if you don't play much, then yes I agree with you burritosprings, it will take a while.

Let's not forget just how much effort it takes to cut down a tree or a rock outcropping when you are a lower levelled player. This might take them all week to complete.

So, be kind please. Not every forum poster is Level 50 and has a bucket load of all the items we just had to give away. I'm excited that this means we will actually have an update next week and that's got to be good!

Couldn't agree more with you, about lower level players, yet all of the resources wasted ( Milk / eggs/ sugar/super glue -sap-and multi colored petals and water) are definitely more expensive energy wise than the reward they are getting !

Aside from that I am busying myself making Orange Dye :)

ShibuyaCloth
03-05-15, 03:30 PM

YES :) For me just plain inventory re-shuffling. Now for a low level player it might be worth thinking about.

Lavendah42
03-05-15, 03:32 PM
P.S. Well, orange dye isn't listed for the Potion Shop under crafting Buildings, at least that I could find

Maybe since it's only craftable at certain times, and not something that stays in the shop once unlocked

ETA: it's also not in the Inventory list, though just reading through the Feedback thread see Spirit say she's not going to list special event items so that's why Orange Dye isn't in the Hub

ETAagain: reading further through Hub Feedback the special ingredients may get there eventually :)

Liloze
03-05-15, 03:43 PM
Ok...I officially hate this new forum! In order to edit I have to close the window the first time since it's so small i can't read a thing. 2nd time edit opens the regular-sized window but to do advanced editing I again get the teeny, tiny window. Please!!!! Storm8 fix this forum!!!

I totally second your post.
This new forum is driving me nuts! :rolleyes:

butterfly_25
03-05-15, 03:47 PM
I'm level 49 with all other goals completed and it popped up. I'm guessing you tried a forced close first?

Thank you, yes I tried a force close many times, even waiting in between

I am on Android & had to Update Castle Story in the Play Store... then the goal popped up...

Thank you, I'm on android too. I tried the update but it is sill not showing up for me. Even after force closing and clearing the memory many times. I will try rebooting my phone and see if that helps

HarleyQuinn28
03-05-15, 03:50 PM
It didn't pop up for me. I had to open the quest book and find it.

SpiritWind00
03-05-15, 03:59 PM
I'll check about android goals... [edited to add that I've now done this]

I can add Orange dye to the hub inventory as we've needed it a few times - that sounds like a good idea. Can someone post the exact quantities for the dye please for me (I finished the goals).

Anyone else having troubles? When I opened my game this morning, the dialogue didn't start automatically as usual, but the 'new' was flashing on my goal book. Let me know if you're IOS or android if you post. Thanks!

meme1098
03-05-15, 04:04 PM
I'll check about android goals...

I can add Orange dye to the hub inventory as we've needed it a few times - that sounds like a good idea. Can someone post the exact quantities for the dye please for me (I finished the goals).

Anyone else having troubles? When I opened my game this morning, the dialogue didn't start automatically as usual, but the 'new' was flashing on my goal book. Let me know if you're IOS or android if you post. Thanks!

Orange dye = 6 orange petals, 5 water

Thanks for all you do, SW!! :)

Mine was flashing too...no pop up.
IPad Air2

MsMelanieMonster
03-05-15, 04:07 PM

Such a good point 8hat! I'm at level 28 but know that at level 15 I probably would've had to buy the flowers to collect the petals to make the dye ect!

SpiritWind00
03-05-15, 04:12 PM
Orange dye = 6 orange petals, 5 water

Thanks for all you do, SW!! :)

Mine was flashing too...no pop up.
IPad Air2

thanks Meme! I've updated post 1 with this info:
Give 8 Orange Dye (skip 24 gems) Orange dye: 6 orange petals, 5 water

Orange petals
Found: talinum auranticum, multi-coloured hedge, patch of tall grass, plant in a log, old log, bushes, ferns, Ivy's Hut

will add info to petals as well as dye in the Inventory Guide.

idrispad
03-05-15, 04:20 PM
I think it would take more effort, energy and time for a lower level player to make the trade items than it would for them to make the beams and blocks. I remember really struggling to get red petals as a lower level player. Until I bought a red plant with gems, obviously.

This doesn't make sense.

SpiritWind00
03-05-15, 04:23 PM
I think the thing to keep in mind is that the effort, energy and time to craft and then 'give away' all of the items from today will give those players who may not have much in their inventory a chance to either participate in next weeks event or allow to finish the event which as we know can be a struggle for some players.

If today didn't happen and those goals were released next week (just speculating!), maybe it won't give the lower levelled players enough time to do to the next stage of the goals.

my 2 cents!

VanaCatu
03-05-15, 04:29 PM
it's just for fun, idrispad! it's good to keep players toned )))

ok, guys! Spirit, Meme, tks a lot for orange clarification!
i guess now we have to put it onto post #2, that
ORANGE DYE is not yellow dye, and only appears in PS craft meny after completing previous goal

for example, i've just done my food exchange.
i'm zero in eggs and milk.
collecting and giving it step by step.

but reading here, i wd need some dye for next step, i want to load my PS respectively, since only one color i have is purple dye, given by ms. violette...

so, milk-n-egg goal is not yet over, and i come to PS. i see red dye i can do. and yellow. no orange. i'm thinking it sdve been some mishmesh, and making yellow dye )))

(whch is of course not the one i need after all)

vickyville14
03-05-15, 04:38 PM
I was thinking the same thing. This might be a good heads up to check inventory for eggs, milk, sugar, wood beams, super glue, orange, purple and red dyes, and blocks. In any case, I am excited to see where it leads.

Lol, love the St Pat and Easter ideas!

scotslassuk
03-05-15, 04:39 PM
Why can't you bring in somehow we can use our coins to purchase expansion tickets?? I have millions and it takes forever to get 30tickets to make one permit. Please come up with some sort off solution as I cannot afford all the gems needed to buy the tickets and am running out off space. Just a thought maybe you could work with it. Thank you and tnx for clearing me out off eggs lol 😃💗

readysetgo888
03-05-15, 04:41 PM
I think it would take more effort, energy and time for a lower level player to make the trade items than it would for them to make the beams and blocks. I remember really struggling to get red petals as a lower level player. Until I bought a red plant with gems, obviously.

This doesn't make sense.

No it sure doesn't. If the point here is that we will need lots of wooden beams and stone blocks.... it makes way more sense for lower level players to get busy making wooden beams and stone blocks. I'm not sure how not everyone gets that? Like, it seems to me that if you don't already have the items needed to complete the goal, it makes no sense whatsoever to scurry around making them for that puny of a reward. For lower level players especially, because we have tons of other goals to do at the same time and this one seems pretty useless.

Just to confirm, these goals are OPTIONAL? As in, we can get the same head start for next week by just making stone blocks and wooden beams and ignoring these goals? Unless I'm missing something, that's definitely the way to go.

idrispad
03-05-15, 04:44 PM
As a lower level player, it would have taken me forever, if not been impossible, to get the 18 red petals needed for the 3 red dye. Beams and blocks would have been time consuming but easy.

SpiritWind00
03-05-15, 04:50 PM
Just to confirm, these goals are OPTIONAL? As in, we can get the same head start for next week by just making stone blocks and wooden beams and ignoring these goals? Unless I'm missing something, that's definitely the way to go.

I went back and reread Pika's post and I agree - it says they are optional, not a prerequisite for next week.

These are optional, but if you complete them, the rewards will give you a head start in next week's event.

If you don't want to give away the stash of dyes and food items, then ignore the goal.

88silver
03-05-15, 04:51 PM
Has there been a "pre-quest" like this before? Maybe those that finish this quest get all the items back at the start of next week's goal?

The Baron did say he'd be back, so maybe there will be more to this preparation goal during the week.

VanaCatu
03-05-15, 04:54 PM
As a lower level player, it would have taken me forever, if not been impossible, to get the 18 red petals needed for the 3 red dye. Beams and blocks would have been time consuming but easy.
agree. i got both of my red thrilliums from christmas pile of gifts 2 month ago. thanks developers, they lowered requirements to participate in xmas quest, so even being lower level, i got it!
o/wise, i guess only ivy's hut cd give me red petals on that stage... or little mr. pig?.. it's hard and probably doesn't worth.

idrispad
03-05-15, 04:58 PM
It will be interesting to find out what sort of event means that a small number of blocks and beams is considered a head start! :)

ewoks1
03-05-15, 05:07 PM
It has been two Thursday's and really no new activities for Castle Story. This update today was a big "meh". I realize there are lower level players that would not be able to participate without this "meh" week, but lower level players also have other goals they are working towards. For us higher levels, we need these weekly quests to keep the game fun and fresh. Right now, I am sore bored with the game, the only reason I check in the morning is to make sure I send gifts to my friends/neighbors and then maybe poke around at a few things as I eat my breakfast. Yawn.

TL needs to realize there are players that have been playing a long time, give us something special to do. Something for 50+ players that need extra challenge. Keep us involved in the game, give us several goals to do at once so we have to manage our resources. That was why I started this game, it was challenging and I had to use my brain to get everything done.

Stepping off soap box...and yawning...

OTE=55lee55;1068576]Wow, that was...unfulfilling.

It did use up my orange dye left over from Halloween. I am not sure that Thursdays are worth looking forward to anymore. If this was a timed event to prepare for next week, will next week take five minutes to complete? Back to being bored and no quest book. I have lowered my expectations for next week after seeing this "event" to prepare for it. Ho hum. Yawn.[/QUOTE]

VanaCatu
03-05-15, 05:09 PM
It will be interesting to find out what sort of event means that a small number of blocks and beams is considered a head start! :)
(imho, it's not about blocks and beams. it's to keep activity burning / expectations on. it's good)

butterfly_25
03-05-15, 05:12 PM
Rebooting my android phone did not work either, I'm still without an update this week.

Edit: right after posting this, I opened my game for the 30th time and it showed up. Lol. Thanks! :)

CharmOfLea
03-05-15, 05:15 PM
How about the head start is hidden? Just a speculation: what if next week we need a ton of orange dye? I, for instance, have 0 in my dungeon inventory. And within this quest would be the only chance to prep some.

readysetgo888
03-05-15, 05:35 PM
How about the head start is hidden? Just a speculation: what if next week we need a ton of orange dye? I, for instance, have 0 in my dungeon inventory. And within this quest would be the only chance to prep some.

Right, but don't we have to give it away? So, it wouldn't be like we'd be getting to keep it for later use.

If we get to keep the super glue, orange dye, red dye etc, and the goal is only to make it, that's a VERY different thing and I could definitely see it being a head start.

Otherwise, this update is MUCH worse for lower level players than upper level players, bored though you might be. Because it makes us think we need to waste time and precious resources just to get a few crappy blocks and beams. Trust me, if all we get from giving away super glue and dyes is blocks and beams, it's difficult and a total waste. I keep wondering if I'm missing something here.

ryusei745
03-05-15, 05:36 PM
Well I just completed he goals, stupidly didn't make extra orange dye, but now I'm stocking up all my crops then I'll be stockng my energy with my two schools, and pinkie and wallicorn. If it is a energy suck I'll be ready lol

lisman
03-05-15, 05:49 PM
Oh man that went fast this weeks update to go through. For lower levels it can be a strugle to finnish these quest but for us higher levels it went fast, i just wish i was smart enough to have save one quest with the orange dye and petals so I could stock up on them (or horde them as my inner dragon want to do) so I had something to do and not just my own quests to have fun with. Hopefully there will be other chances :D

readysetgo888
03-05-15, 05:58 PM
Can I please ask, is there some good reason to hoard orange dye? Will we need it later for something? Assuming it's just orange petals and water, I have plenty of those and would make a few just to have, but unfortunately it's not available in the potion shop right now. I guess I have to do the first goal to get it, and it's definitely not worth the eggs/milk/sugar unless there is something actually useful to do with the orange dye!

Please help, I'm confused! It really seems to me that there is no purpose in these goals and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything! We don't get to keep the orange dye to complete the goal... do you think we need to be making extra and saving it???

midsom
03-05-15, 06:14 PM
Can I please ask, is there some good reason to hoard orange dye? Will we need it later for something? Assuming it's just orange petals and water, I have plenty of those and would make a few just to have, but unfortunately it's not available in the potion shop right now. I guess I have to do the first goal to get it, and it's definitely not worth the eggs/milk/sugar unless there is something actually useful to do with the orange dye!

Please help, I'm confused! It really seems to me that there is no purpose in these goals and I want to make sure I'm not missing anything! We don't get to keep the orange dye to complete the goal... do you think we need to be making extra and saving it???

There is no reason to hoarde orange dye, if you made eight and gave it like the goal instructs you wouldn't have it anyway, but for players at higher levels with empty goal books the challenge is to get the max of everything, as this orange dye is only available for as long as this goal is current the race is on to max for our inventory or as close to it as possible, if I was a lower level player any extra energy I had I would put into logs and blocks.

55lee55
03-05-15, 06:19 PM

I waited past update time and it didn't start, but then I noticed that I had a quest book and I started the quest from there. It did not start automatically as usual. iPad Mini

SpiritWind00
03-05-15, 06:50 PM
Android users also got update - check in your goal book and it should be there. If not, please post and I'll follow it up again with the team. Thanks...

Rokaxinkh
03-05-15, 06:56 PM
goal of april fool?
may be we better prepare 99 blocks and beams for next week?

CLOVERKAITO
03-05-15, 07:17 PM
Is it kinda funny that I'm maxed on Ornate Blocks but not on the regular stone blocks and wooden beams?

GarfieldandPookie
03-05-15, 10:55 PM
Personally, I have two quests that require red petals right now. So, I'm short on them. There is no coin or XP rewards for completing these. I'm probably just going to make the wooden beams and blocks.

kat8rose
03-05-15, 10:57 PM
on Android, eventually had to delete and reinstall the app and then the goal was in my book... Now the old problem of typing on walls is back!

kat8rose
03-05-15, 11:05 PM
on the first post, miss Pika stated. This is to give us a head start on next week's goal. so, my question is are the blocks and beams that we received the head start / an indicationof what we need next week, or is what we gave to the Baron any indication of what we need next week... Orange dye, sugar, eggs, milk, also red and purple dye? thank you .....oops forgot the superglue!

Lunaticus
03-05-15, 11:29 PM
Im at Lvl25... goals are everywhere...if its blocks and beams next week, im so dead. :eek:

idrispad
03-05-15, 11:43 PM
(imho, it's not about blocks and beams. it's to keep activity burning / expectations on. it's good)

Does a set of goals that takes more resources than it gives back keep activity or expectation burning or does it just annoy/bemuse higher level players and stress lower levels who will struggle with some of the "ingredients"?

I'm looking forward to the event but I will be really annoyed if I need orange dye next week.

mikecyr
03-06-15, 12:46 AM
A lot of people are commenting on how rewards of a few beams and blocks doesn't make much sense as a "head start," since we could have crafted those with considerably fewer resources. Personally, I'm willing to give TL the benefit of the doubt, and therefore I suspect (though obviously I could be wrong) that completing these quests will somehow give us something extra when the real event starts next week that will not be received by people who do not complete the quests.

EBJW
03-06-15, 01:01 AM
Handing in so much supplies to receive 3 blocks and 3 beams that will give us a head start in next week's event....?!

That really is LOL...!

(in the meaning: falling laughing from the couch in disbelief...)

Phaedrakiki
03-06-15, 02:35 AM
A lot of people are commenting on how rewards of a few beams and blocks doesn't make much sense as a "head start," since we could have crafted those with considerably fewer resources. Personally, I'm willing to give TL the benefit of the doubt, and therefore I suspect (though obviously I could be wrong) that completing these quests will somehow give us something extra when the real event starts next week that will not be received by people who do not complete the quests.

I agree! That's my thinking, as well. There have definitely been some, uh...mistakes and miscalculations on their part in the past. But I'm sure they're well aware that a few blocks & beams is nowhere near a good trade off for the items we gave in this update. I think something else will be rewarded along the way or next week (the true head start!)

anissada
03-06-15, 02:57 AM

indeed, in my level 21 game it would take lots of time IF i would do the quests.. so much more painless to just make 3 stones and 6 beams
as that is the only 'headstart' for next weeks qiuest.. not expecting much of it anyway anymore

another thing i noticed.. my reindeer stable doesn't deliver sugar or icecream anymore the last week orso, only fur and coins.. also the droprate of energy on harvesting crops has gone down... anyone else noticed that ?

tvangstanke
03-06-15, 06:09 AM
on the first post, miss Pika stated. This is to give us a head start on next week's goal. so, my question is are the blocks and beams that we received the head start / an indicationof what we need next week, or is what we gave to the Baron any indication of what we need next week... Orange dye, sugar, eggs, milk, also red and purple dye? thank you .....oops forgot the superglue!

I agree. Or - since you posed it as a question my answer would have to be - Pika merely hinted to next weeks assignment and that means any or all of the above mentioned materials may be relevant.
I know I'll be growing sugar this weekend :)

Rationalising the material use: Beams and blocks may be hints, but they are cheap payment for all that material. So my guess is that the material we deliver in this round will help us in the next. We may even be able to use what we delivered this week as start-up material in the upcoming assignment.

ShibuyaCloth
03-06-15, 06:29 AM
Just reading a bit through the thread, just a word of caution. In general those easy appetizer quests are a pre-requisite to start the main quests. So leaving it as is might be dangerous. You can always stock pile all materials (orange dye a bit more troublesome) and do all steps within a couple of minutes.

idrispad
03-06-15, 06:48 AM
Just reading a bit through the thread, just a word of caution. In general those easy appetizer quests are a pre-requisite to start the main quests. So leaving it as is might be dangerous. You can always stock pile all materials (orange dye a bit more troublesome) and do all steps within a couple of minutes.

It has been explicitly stated that they are optional though.

Jir67
03-06-15, 06:50 AM
I just started making the orange dye and wooden beam, and planted some trees to have wood, just in case...
I also planted sugar cane (and corn, who knows?)...

readysetgo888
03-06-15, 07:09 AM

If this is the case, I won't be very happy about it. I'm a new player... has this sort of thing happened before? Frankly I can totally see TL making a ridiculous resource draining goal with no purpose, but it does also make sense that it might have some hidden benefit.

Mods, is there any way you could please check and see if there is a benefit from these quests aside from the stated rewards? Being a newer player with many goals going on at once, I really do not want to waste my resources on these goals if there is no other benefit than the wood beams and blocks. Please check soon so if we need to do these goals, there will still be time! I think we would all really appreciate some clarification!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-06-15, 08:33 AM
I think PikaSquirrel stated in the first post how this quest (& I use that term verrrrrrry loosely here, lol) gets us ahead next week:

....These are optional, but if you complete them, the rewards will give you a head start in next week's event...

With that, it appears we're gonna need stone blocks and wooden beams.
For higher level players, most of us are already maxed on those basics and this optional goal seems more like a joke besides having another opportunity to stock up on orange dye (which I totally blew by, grr) lol.
For the lower level players, you'd think at least 10 of each blocks/beams would have been a better reward in exchange for the items requested (red dyes? EIGHT orange dyes? Super glue? Milk & eggs that can be exchanged for food & a TRADE TICKET in the Royal Exchange?)

When we had the caravan in prep for the H'ween event (& got folks ahead who completed it), the rewards were 5 each of the masks (a NEW non-basic item!) and it ended by taking a breather at Ivy's Hut, which rewarded 3 GEMS! Granted, we gave more stuff, but we also weren't rewarded CORN to get us "ahead" the next week, either. Lol

Ps. .. IMO, the sole purpose of this teaser-goal is to give the lower level players a heads' up to try to max out their stone blocks and wooden beams before next week's event.....
So, get crackin' (er, craftin'), level 15'ers!!! LOL

ciarjen
03-06-15, 08:59 AM
If this is the case, I won't be very happy about it. I'm a new player... has this sort of thing happened before? Frankly I can totally see TL making a ridiculous resource draining goal with no purpose, but it does also make sense that it might have some hidden benefit.

Mods, is there any way you could please check and see if there is a benefit from these quests aside from the stated rewards? Being a newer player with many goals going on at once, I really do not want to waste my resources on these goals if there is no other benefit than the wood beams and blocks. Please check soon so if we need to do these goals, there will still be time! I think we would all really appreciate some clarification!

In the past what has been given as rewards go on to be needed for the next part of the quest. My guess here is that we are looking at an event as we have not had one in CS for a while. Could be 2 or 3 weeks, could be for Easter.

Usually in these events we begin by starting to build something which has to be fairly easy for low level players to participated. The beams/blocks would make sense here. We usually have to go on adventures for the duration of the events to collect other items that we need and these adventures are a challenge for all players, very resource draining.

With that in mind I would suggest any lower level player puts current goals on hold and concentrates on building up resources. Usually there is a need for wool and this catches out low level players who don't have sheep. You want to go into one of these events with 99 in stock just in case you need them. I would check your trades exchange and get everything up to the max of 99 if you can and only do trade to get rid of the excess.

You can also build up some stocks of others things like blocks/beams (all types), dyes, glues, petals, glimmerdust, mermaid scales, living wood, etc and get all your crops up to 99 and have plenty of chocolate, flour, sugar.

There is probably a hundred other thing you could prepare with but I am sure you get the idea. Cover all bases. S8 will be trying to catch us out. It's in their interest that we are short of something because then we will use gems to participate.

badbunny42
03-06-15, 09:02 AM
I finished these quests because I don't want to miss the cut screens and quest comments. Those are my favorite bits of the game. I don't care about the value of resources, since I'm lucky enough to have them. What would I save them for?

readysetgo888
03-06-15, 10:53 AM
In the past what has been given as rewards go on to be needed for the next part of the quest. My guess here is that we are looking at an event as we have not had one in CS for a while. Could be 2 or 3 weeks, could be for Easter.

Usually in these events we begin by starting to build something which has to be fairly easy for low level players to participated. The beams/blocks would make sense here. We usually have to go on adventures for the duration of the events to collect other items that we need and these adventures are a challenge for all players, very resource draining.

With that in mind I would suggest any lower level player puts current goals on hold and concentrates on building up resources. Usually there is a need for wool and this catches out low level players who don't have sheep. You want to go into one of these events with 99 in stock just in case you need them. I would check your trades exchange and get everything up to the max of 99 if you can and only do trade to get rid of the excess.

You can also build up some stocks of others things like blocks/beams (all types), dyes, glues, petals, glimmerdust, mermaid scales, living wood, etc and get all your crops up to 99 and have plenty of chocolate, flour, sugar.

There is probably a hundred other thing you could prepare with but I am sure you get the idea. Cover all bases. S8 will be trying to catch us out. It's in their interest that we are short of something because then we will use gems to participate.

Thank you very much for this advice! This will be my first event. I will get busy on boosting my inventory.

What kind of prizes do the events usually have? I'm curious. Are they worth it?

burritosprings
03-06-15, 11:08 AM

What clarification is needed? You will find out the same time that people who do not read the forums find out. That has been clearly stated in the past. Why there have been subtle hints ie sneak peeks and 'musings' there has afaik never been a full all out 'btw get ready and here is your shopping list' beforehand. The fun is in the guessing. Since you are so prepared as you have stated in earlier posts what do have to worry about. Sit back and relax.

ciarjen
03-06-15, 11:09 AM
Thank you very much for this advice! This will be my first event. I will get busy on boosting my inventory.

What kind of prizes do the events usually have? I'm curious. Are they worth it?

We've had some bad prizes like big decorations which end up in storage but there was plenty of negative feedback about that and I think things have improved. At halloween we got a witches cauldron which drops glues.

Edit - just got a builders paste and lumin essence from it.

Last year there was also the Pyre caverns event which had prizes of limited dragons.

Whatever we get this time, it is just worth being prepared. Once you know what the prizes are going to be you can decide whether or not you want to invest the time, resources and gems into it.

I've got all kitchens crafting sugar right now. If I remember correctly, the Halloween event needed sugar and those with stockpiles were able to keep up. Easter - I am thinking sugar, chocolate, flour.

But knowing S8 they will probably try to catch us out with needing hot pepper sauce to make easter bunny eggs, lol :D

burritosprings
03-06-15, 11:21 AM
Preparation is key as well as some good guessing. Does the Goal mentioning a castle hint at a new building or maybe to make us think its a new building. Orange Dye seems interesting to me. Orange beard of a Leprechaun maybe. Last years event was heavy on searching for items and not sure that they will go down that road again. My gut tells me we will need to build unique items possibly components to make a pot of gold that will be used as the Community theme ie the more we build the closer we get to the goal. That is assuming its a Comm event but the title does say event so....

CharmOfLea
03-06-15, 12:00 PM
But knowing S8 they will probably try to catch us out with needing hot pepper sauce to make easter bunny eggs, lol :D

If there are bunnies then maybe also get carrots ready. This alone would take me a week.

readysetgo888
03-06-15, 12:36 PM
We've had some bad prizes like big decorations which end up in storage but there was plenty of negative feedback about that and I think things have improved. At halloween we got a witches cauldron which drops glues.

Edit - just got a builders paste and lumin essence from it.

Last year there was also the Pyre caverns event which had prizes of limited dragons.

Whatever we get this time, it is just worth being prepared. Once you know what the prizes are going to be you can decide whether or not you want to invest the time, resources and gems into it.

I've got all kitchens crafting sugar right now. If I remember correctly, the Halloween event needed sugar and those with stockpiles were able to keep up. Easter - I am thinking sugar, chocolate, flour.

Awesome! Aww I'm sorry I missed the witch's cauldron, that sounds really cool.

I'm excited, the event sounds like it will be fun... if it might be Easter themed, I will definitely plant some carrots lol.

Lavendah42
03-06-15, 02:08 PM
to start this goal I ha ot go to my book which had a flashing "new" beside it, the goal didn't automatically pop. iPhone

I'm stocking up on orange dye as it is one of the many things that has been a special item only available to craft during some goals but has come back. Some craft to have one in their inventory, and often that is all you can do... but which this one you have to give the items so stocking up on the orange dye as much as I can now with the expectation I will need more at some point down the track, whether it's next week, next Halloween or whenever. With the goal dialogue talking about visitors from elsewhere and St Pat's being closer than Easter I'm thinking it'll be St Pat's related (maybe leprechauns visiting? *shrugs*). Already stocked on sugar, choc, flour and all the food basics really, actully low on beams & blocks as I burn through them to make the other things with them - still not maxed on all those. I would have prefered it if the reward for these goals wasn't something that could be used up accidentally by next week, will be interesting to see how all that plays out. Still, looking forward to next week even if this week hasn't been that exciting for me

lisman
03-06-15, 02:10 PM

Ohh, haven't thought of that, hot pepper sauce will be next om my agenda after I get full on bread, fluor and grits they are soon full.

I don't think this event/theme will be easter inspiered because easter isn't untill april and that is far away (a month away) so I think it will be something else

foodpill
03-06-15, 04:37 PM
Wow some good advice in this thread. Great post, ciarjen. Thank you!

ryusei745
03-06-15, 05:12 PM
I dunno the baron was asking for eggs and dyes... Lol I predict an Easter event as we have already had a saint Patrick's day in the past.

Seriously700
03-06-15, 05:22 PM
J

Great thoughts. I especially agree w the wool. Wool and hides are very popular in timed events so don't be tempted to trade them next week! If you're thinking of buying sheep to prepare (a great investment in my opinion), I recommend doing it sooner than later. Baby sheep need to be fed a lot before they are full grown, and collection time is every 4 hours, so it will take a bit of time to boost your inventory.

I personally don't like to max out on items because I don't want to end up with lots of waste. Be prepared that the event might involve the royal exchange and you might not be able to trade your excess for a few days. I am more likely to stock up on items that are harder or slower to replace, like carrots instead of corn. If I have 75 or 80 of crops, ores, petals, etc, I am more than happy. Kitchen items are harder. For my level 50 account I'll probably have basics like flour and sugar over 60, I'll be happy with around 40 on my level 39 account. I'll try to have at least 5 or 10 of other kitchen items, like pies, ice cream, breaded fish, etc. enough to give me a strong head start.

Also remember that events tend to involve activities - chopping trees or rocks, collecting flowers, growing crops. Even if you are maxed on those items. Otherwise the advanced players would just empty their inventories in the first 5 minutes and complain they are bored, like this week 😀

JustKay
03-07-15, 04:25 AM
A lot of people are commenting on how rewards of a few beams and blocks doesn't make much sense as a "head start," since we could have crafted those with considerably fewer resources.

I agree, this head start would only be useful if you were in the early 10-15 levels, at which point you probably would have used them up already trying to get your kingdom up and running. This doesn't feel like the halloween masks we got to help us in that event.

ciarjen
03-07-15, 04:38 AM
Ohh, haven't thought of that, hot pepper sauce will be next om my agenda after I get full on bread, fluor and grits they are soon full.

I don't think this event/theme will be easter inspiered because easter isn't untill april and that is far away (a month away) so I think it will be something else

Some in-game events run for 21 days. Starting next Thursday, 21 days would take us right up to Easter. Of course it could be any other theme. I am just guessing.

I do quite like the idea of Easter bunnies and we did St Patrick's day last year. :)

ciarjen
03-07-15, 04:39 AM
J

Great thoughts. I especially agree w the wool. Wool and hides are very popular in timed events so don't be tempted to trade them next week! If you're thinking of buying sheep to prepare (a great investment in my opinion), I recommend doing it sooner than later. Baby sheep need to be fed a lot before they are full grown, and collection time is every 4 hours, so it will take a bit of time to boost your inventory.

I personally don't like to max out on items because I don't want to end up with lots of waste. Be prepared that the event might involve the royal exchange and you might not be able to trade your excess for a few days. I am more likely to stock up on items that are harder or slower to replace, like carrots instead of corn. If I have 75 or 80 of crops, ores, petals, etc, I am more than happy. Kitchen items are harder. For my level 50 account I'll probably have basics like flour and sugar over 60, I'll be happy with around 40 on my level 39 account. I'll try to have at least 5 or 10 of other kitchen items, like pies, ice cream, breaded fish, etc. enough to give me a strong head start.

Also remember that events tend to involve activities - chopping trees or rocks, collecting flowers, growing crops. Even if you are maxed on those items. Otherwise the advanced players would just empty their inventories in the first 5 minutes and complain they are bored, like this week ��

Good advice about buying a sheep. I would recommend that too for lower level players if they have not been lucky enough to get one from adventures.

lisman
03-07-15, 06:11 AM
Some in-game events run for 21 days. Starting next Thursday, 21 days would take us right up to Easter. Of course it could be any other theme. I am just guessing.

I do quite like the idea of Easter bunnies and we did St Patrick's day last year. :)

You could be right. If I remeber corectly the midsummer event (where we got all those decorations) the clock counted down from 19 day to 0 and the halloween event (where we got the couldron and the vampire cow (don't rememeber his correct name)) also the clock counted down from 19 days to 0. If it were to be like those event and it starts now on thursday it would stop on 31th of this month it still would fall short of Easter because Easter starts on 5th of april.

I really don't know what it will be because on one hand I think Easter is a little to far away and on the other hand we have had a St. Patrick day event, it was not s big event but it has happend and Easter theme haven't been in CS from the start

(Sorry if the writing isn't great hopefully you all will understand anyway :D)

cpabae
03-07-15, 08:47 AM
This is so exciting! I'm a level 26 and haven't yet had a chance to participate in an event (unless the romantic gazebo was considered an event). I have so many things I am trying to build/expand/upgrade that I hadn't even considered the need to stop all that junk and try to raise my inventory levels. So much to do, so little time... After seeing a lot of level 50s complain that they have nothing to do on CS, I am trying to take my sweet time with the story lines and upgrade my buildings in the meantime.

badbunny42
03-07-15, 09:14 AM
It seems like there would be some hint of Easter if that was the plan. The baron is only talking about impressing foreign guests and the kingdom looking shabby. I'm wondering about a parade and viewing stand (beams and blocks). Maybe a triumphant arch? Or some other impressive structure/statue.

Of course, I would MUCH prefer Easter bunnies. Tee hee.

ciarjen
03-07-15, 09:25 AM
This is so exciting! I'm a level 26 and haven't yet had a chance to participate in an event (unless the romantic gazebo was considered an event). I have so many things I am trying to build/expand/upgrade that I hadn't even considered the need to stop all that junk and try to raise my inventory levels. So much to do, so little time... After seeing a lot of level 50s complain that they have nothing to do on CS, I am trying to take my sweet time with the story lines and upgrade my buildings in the meantime.

If this event we are preparing for is a community event, no it won't be like the gazebo. Usually there is an icon on the right of your game showing your personal progress towards prizes and the community progress. Expect it to be very challenging and expect to set an alarm to make collections at certain times.

In addition to building your inventory levels in preparation........

Know what time the update goes live on Thursday where you live. (In the UK it is 8pm)

Aim that you have all buildings/resources ready for collection at this time. So if the event starts with making a collection from Ivy's Hut, a deep mine or a cottage, you are ready.

That may mean the 24 hours before update time you use your energy differently doing things around the kingdom like chopping trees, rocks or collecting from flowers.

Know all the collection times on your buildings/resources so you can plan for this. For example mines, sawmills, hatcheries and stables are 3 hours but deep mines are 12 hours.

Have maximum amount of energy available for the update so that may mean not collecting from any white alicorns from now on and have your pink/wedding alicorns ready.

It's likely that you will need the keep do to adventures, so make sure it is ready for update time but do not collect from the last adventure. You may need that extra energy. Although the barracks will not be used, have it ready for collection, preferably with an adventure which yields high energy.

Do not do any neighbour requests that day, in case you need to do them for the event. Bear in mind that day reset for neighbour requests is 8 hours before update time for events.

When the update begins, wait a while and read the forum. It can take players a while to work out what to do. Some will gem to skip ahead. It's worth waiting to get it right before you start off.

That's all I can think of at the moment but there is plenty to do.

mikecyr
03-07-15, 09:36 AM
In addition to building your inventory levels in preparation........

Wow, that was some great advice ciarjen. Thanks for taking the time to help out those who want to be as prepared as possible.

meme1098
03-07-15, 09:39 AM
I think it will have more to do with items we gave the Baron than the rewards for doing so. In other words, we gonna be cooking a bunch, didn't do that custard yet. Crafting stuff, the Orange dye & glue thus giving the noobies a chance to have some in stock. Just my slant on it.
Also, we may be using a lot of Royal or ornate beams/blocks for the Baron so have some of those on hand too as well as the regular ones. He said something about decorative fortifications.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-07-15, 09:54 AM
Yeah, it doesn't really feel like St. Patty's OR Easter to me .. I mean, what do dignitaries & custard have to do with either one? LOL
Maybe just Spring Equinox???
Dabag, where are you with the dialogue so we can reread for hints? lol

PS. Fellow USA players ~ don't forget to set your clocks forward 1 hour tonite! Whoop whoop!

danzplace
03-07-15, 11:09 AM
I keep thinking about the Baron's reference to Mt. Olympus, if my memory is right. Perhaps there are some "godly" royal visits coming? Would be interesting.

Liloze
03-07-15, 11:20 AM
I am still making orange dye, in the mean time, replenshing all that is needed to be replenished.
The Custard the baron talked about will need milk, and corn (yikes - yes still Corn-ophobe)
A new adventure (to Mt Olympus) maybe? Thanks Danzplace for the reminder.

The fancy blocks and beams ( in addition to ornate and enchanted ) to build either new building(s) or upgrade an old one? Which would start giving items, in case it did not iniatially? ( As suggested in the poll)
I do hope for upgrading the Wizard School, though highly unlikely.

Are we getting a new workshop where we can use the dye, hide, and wool ? Make costumes? Trade them, or sell them as an adventure items?
I think the next update is going to be really interesting, because we still don't know to which occasion it is related,
St. Patty's or Easter Or Spring Equinox...plenty of possibilities.

PernReloaded
03-07-15, 11:48 AM
I got everything ready, but am curious about this next event ^.^ working on stocking up everything I've used so far in pursiot of the Pink Alicorn in the meanwhile.

lisman
03-07-15, 12:33 PM
Okej I got really interested in the almenac when NorthWoodsKingdom wrote spring Equinox that got me thinking maybe in there could be a clue. I searched the net about a US calender (because when the update comes it always talken about US time) because on a calender is al the happenings of the year like Easter and such. So I looked it up and next weeks thursday is the 12th and on that day is world kidney day,
17th is St. Patricks day
19th is St. Joseph
20th is spring equinox and a new moon acording the almenac
29th is Palm sunday and summer time begins here in europe and
30th is doctors day

So some where in there should some clues what this event could be

shelkebrate
03-07-15, 01:02 PM
Guess I'll start making beams, blocks, and stocking up on materials just in case.

lisman
03-07-15, 02:30 PM
I think the most important happenings this month is St. Patricks day and the Equinox or coming of spring as it is sometimes called, so I did some research about them.

St. Patricks day is about St. Patrick and his journey and the shamrock and all is green.

The Equinox is about celebraiting the coming of spring and that has myths and legends about romans and greeks gods and someone mentioned something about Mt. Olympus and godlike the diolog in the update (sorry don't remeber who) and Mt. Olympus is the place where the roman gods live in roman mythology.

So the more I read about these two events the more I am leaning towards the event/theme on next weeks update will be about the Equinox and celebraiting it with all the things you do in spring like planting and growing and eggs has a big role in the Equinox because it reprecents new life and potential and there are even egg-balancing ceremonies i public

oaktreemanor
03-07-15, 02:55 PM
I haven't had this show up for me yet. What do I do??

SpiritWind00
03-07-15, 03:42 PM

Always check the first and second posts of threads. They hold all of the information you need to finish a goal. For this week, it's an optional set of goals for which you need to be level 15+ in order to participate. Android users also got this update.

oaktreemanor
03-07-15, 07:36 PM
That's what I am saying. I am level fifty .they are talking about something that has came out on the 5th. Right? I didn't get that.

kooky panda
03-07-15, 07:40 PM
That's what I am saying. I am level fifty .they are talking about something that has came out on the 5th. Right? I didn't get that.
Try restarting your game to see if the goals show up. If not, please send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance.

anissada
03-08-15, 04:03 AM
"a few minutes" maintainence already last more than an hour ?

it would also be much appreciated if TL throws in a pop up telling they are going to shut down the gam in 10 minutes... instead of just pulling the plug when noone expects thist...

other games i play from other developers use that always, also players get 5 gems as compensation for the interruption..

game back on after 1 hour 15 min...

anissada
03-08-15, 04:03 AM
Try restarting your game to see if the goals show up. If not, please send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance.

the goal does not pop up, it is in your book.....

dragoniakingdom
03-08-15, 04:11 AM
"a few minutes" maintainence already last more than an hour ?

This thread gives the time the game will be offline:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79437-Scheduled-Maintenance-3-8-15-Sunday

anissada
03-08-15, 04:18 AM
This thread gives the time the game will be offline:

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79437-Scheduled-Maintenance-3-8-15-Sunday

but the number of players that also visit the forum is low..
and tL lloves pop ups... we are almost thrown dead with them in every game before we are allowed to play again...
besides that, i searched for the thread but was not able to find it.
the whole structure of this forum is abracadabra for me...
bookmarked this page to find it back ...

Anaboe
03-08-15, 06:15 AM
Lol, I just stumbeled over the Sticky Fortune: each chop of a small rock pile gives me a super-glue :P

anissada
03-08-15, 06:35 AM
Lol, I just stumbeled over the Sticky Fortune: each chop of a small rock pile gives me a super-glue :P

not for me :(
so this was fixed very, very fast.... which shows that it is possible to alter things, as long as TL wants to do it...

roguebee
03-08-15, 07:16 AM

I've left that one in my quest book. Just don't chop that 5th time. Sell it and get a new pile. It's still working as of this morning.

parlski
03-08-15, 07:23 AM
So will we get some fish fingers to go with that custard? :D

LOL, I very much get this reference.

foodpill
03-08-15, 07:31 AM
I need some advice...

I've put all my quests on hold and am restocking my inventory. I have enough supplies for adventures, so I'm wondering if I should do the adventures or not. It is unlikely that troll clubs and sentry horns will be needed for the event, while the extra energy rewarded for adventures would come in very handy right now.

Also, I'm constantly low on sap and very tempted to buy a second maple tree. If I do buy the maple tree I will be left with a handful of gems. What if I need to use those in the event, in case of emergency... Should I stick with only buying a few sap trees every day? Those take way too long to mature, considering their cost.

anissada
03-08-15, 07:57 AM
I need some advice...

I've put all my quests on hold and am restocking my inventory. I have enough supplies for adventures, so I'm wondering if I should do the adventures or not. It is unlikely that troll clubs and sentry horns will be needed for the event, while the extra energy rewarded for adventures would come in very handy

no quests left for me... but i keep on sending my knights on adventures, desert gives most energy/gems and chance of parts for a unicorn (very rare)

I
Also, I'm constantly low on sap and very tempted to buy a second maple tree. .

just buy sap trees with coins, yes, you have to water them first a few times, but they give 6 sap each

Lavendah42
03-08-15, 12:45 PM
LOL, I very much get this reference.

:D

We have fish, and bread to crumb them... maybe not for this event though. New season coming soon ;)

foodpill
03-08-15, 02:47 PM
no quests left for me... but i keep on sending my knights on adventures, desert gives most energy/gems and chance of parts for a unicorn (very rare)

just buy sap trees with coins, yes, you have to water them first a few times, but they give 6 sap each

Makes sense. Thanks very much for the reply.

SpiritWind00
03-08-15, 06:58 PM
I don't have any information about next weeks update for you, just that it's coming! All of the ideas expressed in the above posts about what it might be about are as good any other guesses! :)

Generally speaking though, past events and the items we need are all new items and so it's really hard to guess what we might need which in turn makes it hard to prepare anything specific in advance. Given this week was for 15+ players, we aren't going to need any items you can't get at that level. I usually concentrate on having as many of the basic items that I can (like crops, flour, sugar, petals, blocks and beams) and have all buildings ready for collection to save time. Any building not needed just gets popped back into storage. Bring on update day!

ashliejb
03-08-15, 09:07 PM

Mine didn't show up like a Normal update. Usually a screen pops up and they just start talking. I saw people talking on here about an update so I checked my goals box (the thing on the left hand side that keeps track of what you have to do) and it was in there. Have you checked there?

freesiawoods
03-08-15, 10:22 PM
Whoa I was taking a CS break and forgot to check on updates till just now. I am so glad that it isn't too intense.

queenofpolharcity
03-09-15, 12:55 AM
I need some advice...

I've put all my quests on hold and am restocking my inventory. I have enough supplies for adventures, so I'm wondering if I should do the adventures or not. It is unlikely that troll clubs and sentry horns will be needed for the event, while the extra energy rewarded for adventures would come in very handy right now.

Also, I'm constantly low on sap and very tempted to buy a second maple tree. If I do buy the maple tree I will be left with a handful of gems. What if I need to use those in the event, in case of emergency... Should I stick with only buying a few sap trees every day? Those take way too long to mature, considering their cost.

You may have already considered this, so forgive me if I'm redundant! But have you asked your neighbors for sap? Just write it on your wall and before you know it, you should have quite a stash! I'd save my handful of gems, you never know when there's going to be something important you need.

Korlcek
03-09-15, 03:00 AM
I got bored of making the orange dye (and I run out of orange petals) so I completed the goal. There is a very nice hint from the Baron. He said "I will be back with bigger, grander plans from the royal gardeners".
So I expect a lot more dye will be needed therefore I'm spending my energy on flowers to restock on petals, especially red.

vickibabes
03-09-15, 07:26 AM
I am unable to get past the second part as nowhere do i have yhe options to create orange dye. This is despite having a fill load of orange petals and water.

HELP PLEASE

burritosprings
03-09-15, 08:05 AM
I am unable to get past the second part as nowhere do i have yhe options to create orange dye. This is despite having a fill load of orange petals and water.

HELP PLEASE

Did you finish the first part? Orange dye will not show up until you are on step 2

vickibabes
03-09-15, 08:17 AM
Yes I had finished the first bit. The dye has now appeared after a few hours going back and forth. This happens a lot ive notuced in that new unusual items are never immediately available to create fir a new quest. Ultimately this results in me failing byca few hours ��

katbtodd
03-09-15, 08:40 AM
Yes I need to know how to change your avatar clothing and accessories on Bakery Story I am having a issue and there is no information on how to change your avatar . Thanks

This is where you need to go to find the info your askng about
http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?22-Bakery-Story-Discussions

burritosprings
03-09-15, 08:58 AM
Preparing For the Next Event

There's a big event happening next week in your Kingdom!

The Baron: Hello, friend! Walk with me a moment.
Ruler: Friend? You never call me that unless you want something.
Baron: Nonsense! Though now that you mention it, there is a small calamity in the kitchen.
Ruler: Is there a fire?
Baron: No, but I cannot locate any kitchen servants. We have urgent need of custard!
Ruler: I can't think of any time where I've needed custard urgently...
Baron: I have just received word that dignitaries from a faraway kingdom will soon visit our realm!
I will not have them arrive with nary a dessert to snack on!
Ruler: *Sigh* So we'll just drop everything we're doing to help you? Again?
Baron: That is your duty to the rightful King. You must act in the best interest of the kingdom!

Baron>I want your best efforts on this assignment! That custard had better pass muster.
1. Taken Into Custardy - 'Get egg-cellent eggs!. milk-'Carry the dairy!. Sugar-'Sweeten the deal'.
Baron>I wouldn't feed this to my hound! Make another! I'll keep this batch.

Baron: I was just taking my morning constitutional, and I noticed--
Ruler: Wait. YOU go on a walk every morning?
Baron: Of course! Granted, I often delegate the task to an underling, but I am walking in spirit.
Anyhow, I noticed when walking though, the gardens how woefully shabby they are.
Ruler: Shabby?!? I don't think so!
Baron: Indeed they are. What is with all these walls and fortifications? How very dreary.
What will the foreign dignitaries think when they see such sad surroundings?
Ruler: The castle needs walls and fortifications. That's the whole point of a castle.
Baron: That does not mean our decor cannot be festive! Opulent! Avant garde!
We must be the envy of the realm! I will not embarrass myself in front of these diplomats!

Baron>This kingdom needs a fresh coat of paint. And you are just the one to paint it.
Come now, show me that passion when you paint!
2. Ghastly Castle - super glue(Craft in the Potion Shop!)
orange dye-'Orange you glad we're not using Yellow Dye?)
purple dye-(Ah, purple, the color of regality!) red dye(Paint the realm red!)
Baron>Are you quite done yet? I tire of watching the paint dry.

Baron: Sigh... Must I be the only one in this kingdom with an excellent work ethic?
Ruler: You can't *possibly* believe that's true.
Baron: What else am I to believe when I see the effects of your effort?
Ruler: We've done everything you asked! Everything on the grounds has a fresh coat of paint!
Baron: Oh, I suppose. Bit it still lacks a certain...flair.
Our foreign guests arrive soon, and this is the help I get? 'Tis so lonely atop Mt. Olympus!
Clearly *I* must be the one to plan for the dignitaries' arrival.
We will have much more work to do once they arrive... particularly you.

Baron>Here, take these. I will be back with bigger, grander plans from the royal gardeners.
3. Man With A Plan - Accept Baron's gift (Nothing is ever free with the Baron!)
Baron>I will return with plans to make this the finest castle imaginable!

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-09-15, 10:05 AM
Thanks to Dabag for posting the dialogue (& burritosprings for the highlights) ...

Hmm, royal gardeners and festive, opulent, avant garde decor ....does this mean we're gonna finally get the potted rose bouquet that wasn't supposed to be on the wedding pop-up? LOL

...I wonder what other decorations it'll be that we have nowhere to display? lol

badbunny42
03-09-15, 11:55 AM
Decorations are easier to do for the team. I saw a video about the TL offices. The staff is pretty small for the number of games they support. CS is more demanding than many games, true, but with almost weekly updates... It's a lot.

But I'm setting my expectations low on purpose. Heh heh

AnniePMH
03-09-15, 01:23 PM
The intrigue of the Rose Bush mystery deepens... Why not make a quest out of it and we can all go on adventure in search of this lost and fabled plant! For players not so much into useless deco as myself :o, it might be best to spice it up a bit with RP and some good drops, and maybe throw in a Pink Alicorn as guardian of this most Sacred and unique Bush! This would be easy to accomplish, since both Alicorn and (apparently) Rose Bush, already are in existence!

Thanks in advance:D

Thanks to Dabag for posting the dialogue (& burritosprings for the highlights) ...

Hmm, royal gardeners and festive, opulent, avant garde decor ....does this mean we're gonna finally get the potted rose bouquet that wasn't supposed to be on the wedding pop-up? LOL

...I wonder what other decorations it'll be that we have nowhere to display? lol

Royal Rose Bush Pot Quest! It might come true!:D

Anaboe
03-09-15, 03:11 PM
I need some advice...

Use your energy to fully grow some non-gem sap-trees now. If you need sap during the event, you only have to chap them, not grow them.

Personally, I only have 1 gem-sap tree, and I'm almost always maxed out on sap.

Anaboe
03-09-15, 03:20 PM
I got bored of making the orange dye (and I run out of orange petals) so I completed the goal. There is a very nice hint from the Baron. He said "I will be back with bigger, grander plans from the royal gardeners".
So I expect a lot more dye will be needed therefore I'm spending my energy on flowers to restock on petals, especially red.
I have 47 orange dye now, making 48 and 50 as we speek and not planning to stop until I reached 100.

Talinum Auranticum is cheap (300 coins) and give orange petals every 5 minutes. Water ain't a rare item too, so reaching 100 orange dye is just a matter of dedication, provided you don't need to do anything else.

Since I don't have any other goals (even finished Sister Sister a while ago), and a almost maxed out on everything but feasts, magic cement and enchanted and ornate beams and blocks, I don't have anything else to do but trades for trade tickets, and making orange dye :)

foodpill
03-09-15, 04:23 PM
Thanks for the tips, everyone.

badbunny42
03-09-15, 05:35 PM
Thanks for the tips, everyone.

Just keep in mind that --except for saving energy, not collecting from buildings --all the prep may not help. You might just be harvesting lots of... Ack ack ack... Corn. Hee hee

Lunaticus
03-09-15, 06:35 PM
Lets say you have maxed crops.. is it advisable to have your plots empty or plants differenta crops when the event starts? Im at lvl 26.. planning is a must.:D

ryusei745
03-09-15, 06:40 PM
Just keep in mind that --except for saving energy, not collecting from buildings --all the prep may not help. You might just be harvesting lots of... Ack ack ack... Corn. Hee hee

I've been collecting only from my wizard schools and special Ali's and adventures the past few days. I'll hit just over 400 energy saved tonight lol.

SpiritWind00
03-09-15, 07:24 PM
There is a new post that I've added in The Hub about Community Events and how they work. click here for the Link (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?75916-quot-THE-HUB!-quot-Everything-you-need-to-know-about-Castle-Story&p=1070887&viewfull=1#post1070887).

midsom
03-09-15, 07:33 PM
I have 47 orange dye now, making 48 and 50 as we speek and not planning to stop until I reached 100.

Talinum Auranticum is cheap (300 coins) and give orange petals every 5 minutes. Water ain't a rare item too, so reaching 100 orange dye is just a matter of dedication, provided you don't need to do anything else.

Since I don't have any other goals (even finished Sister Sister a while ago), and a almost maxed out on everything but feasts, magic cement and enchanted and ornate beams and blocks, I don't have anything else to do but trades for trade tickets, and making orange dye :)

I stopped at 88, 8 for the goal and 80 for the inventory, I remember another player once saying that sometimes you have to make the first few before you can use the ones in yr inventory so if you are maxed out sometimes you gave to get rid of a few before you can carry on and sometimes that isn't easy, I aim for the 80's and not maxed. But I will have plenty of feasts and the extras for adventures the extra energy from the barracks can be a real boost and if the kitchens are busy feasts will be last on the list.

ait_vedan
03-10-15, 04:49 AM
does anybody have an idea when the quest starts? I can hardly wait ....

pigswithwigs
03-10-15, 05:52 AM
Evil easter bunnies i kinda like that idea.

Seriously700
03-10-15, 06:19 AM
Lets say you have maxed crops.. is it advisable to have your plots empty or plants differenta crops when the event starts? Im at lvl 26.. planning is a must.:D

Good question. I'm curious to see what others say. I myself try to have about half my plots empty in case we need to quickly plant and harvest a specific crop like corn. The remaining plots might be a mix of crops that have longer grow times. For level 15, that probably means hot peppers and carrots, although I'll probably have some sugar too.

Don't forget to have your kitchens, workshops, potion shops and forges ready to go. (Does level 15 have the magic forge yet?). And I would refrain from neighbor requests already. If you send out requests to 60 neighbors today, and the system processes only 20 a day, there could still be some in the queue that automatically get sent on Thursday, preventing you from making any new event-related requests.

Liloze
03-10-15, 06:37 AM
@ lunaticus :)

Usually half of my plots are always planted because I keep my kitchens/bakeries busy making feasts,
and preparing for the update day.
So on one hand I have a mix of different crops already planted on the other, I still have available plots to use if need be.

On the update day, I usually refrain from collecting my crops in case one of them is needed for the goal,especially if they take long to be ready like carrots, cabbage and cocoa bean, ( I don't remember if level 15 got the last 2 though) just my 2 cents.

cpabae
03-10-15, 06:39 AM
Is there a page that tells us what crafting/buildings/crops/materials are available at level 15? It might be helpful to know so we don't waste our time with something that won't be in the quest.

cpabae
03-10-15, 06:47 AM
Is there a page that tells us what crafting/buildings/crops/materials are available at level 15? It might be helpful to know so we don't waste our time with something that won't be in the quest.

I think maybe I answered my own question. I found this page: http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?35412-Castle-Story-Reference-Thread

Anaboe
03-10-15, 07:44 AM
I always have planted 5 of everything, usually ready for harvest for I don't need that much anymore. And 5 for the thing I'm currently working on: usually cocoa, sugar, wheet, or carrots. I find it a very nice and relaxing way of farming :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-10-15, 10:03 AM
...Hmm, royal gardeners and festive, opulent, avant garde decor ....does this mean we're gonna finally get the potted rose bouquet that wasn't supposed to be on the wedding pop-up? LOL

Royal Rose Bush Pot Quest! It might come true!:D
It might ...and we might just be crafting upteen flower boxes of diff colors, too, lol!

The Baron says we need to be the envy of the realm with decor that is opulent and avant garde (oh, and don't forget, festive)... So, what does that MEAN?
- Another mothership sundial or alien beacon pole??? lol
- A massive beehive that is as big as the golden obelisk but the bees don't buzz or move? lol
- A trellis of grapes that never drops grapes (or anything else)? lol
- Lots of potted plants, including the missing rose bouquet?
- Another table as big as a house, but this time it's a dessert buffet? (would be awesome if it dropped sweet stuff, but level 15 doesn't even have cocoa yet, pfft, lol)
- More paths, this time to look like a red carpet? (Y'know, for the foreign dignitaries)
- More walls, towers & arches, this time "with a fresh coat of paint"?
- Diff-colored &/or fancy benches?
- A kazillion-$ jeweled statue of the Baron?
- A new massive garden, bigger than Greselda's, w/Baron's statue in the center?
- The New Year's tree that was hinted at a few months back, but never showed up? lol

I wanna hear more speculation on the new decor that's possibly coming.
So, play along w/me here, people! LOL
What avant garde opulence do you see may be coming our way with this event???
(Remember to think a la Pyre Festival grandiosity, lol) *wink*

AnniePMH
03-10-15, 10:32 AM
Something more opulent than a Royal Pointed Rose Bush guarded by a sparkling Pink Alicorn?:confused: I'll have to think about that one...:) I guess that idea is a bit lacking in the avant garde department...I'm sure I could never have come up with something like the Pyre Festival Deco!:p

dragon2046
03-10-15, 10:36 AM
I'm thinking all things spring. Eggs, flowers and maybe some clovers or baskets. I'm hoping for a fantastic end result like the cauldron. I love my cauldron. :)

burritosprings
03-10-15, 10:38 AM
Since Visit and Visitors were mentioned the most next to the Decor. I kinda see at least one part of the event will be lots of visiting friends. So maybe beef up your friends list when at 15 tends to be a little smaller. So all you 15s and up might need to do some networking.

Decor might be part of a community event. It might be some type of structure that we all have a hand in building. Then when the Goals are reached it rewards a new structure or maybe a new craft that lets you build this structure over time. I try not to read into the dialogs too much as then can be just an attempt to head us down the wrong rabbit hole) But this one was interesting in the fact that certain phrases and keywords were used over again. Look forward to what is in store in any case.

meme1098
03-10-15, 10:54 AM
It might ...and we might just be crafting upteen flower boxes of diff colors, too, lol!

The Baron says we need to be the envy of the realm with decor that is opulent and avant garde (oh, and don't forget, festive)... So, what does that MEAN?
- A massive beehive that is as big as the golden obelisk but the bees don't buzz or move? lol
- Another table as big as a house, but this time it's a dessert buffet? (would be awesome if it dropped sweet stuff, but level 15 doesn't even have cocoa yet, pfft, lol)
- More paths, this time to look like a red carpet? (Y'know, for the foreign dignitaries)
- The New Year's tree that was hinted at a few months back, but never showed up? lol

We mustn't forget at one point in time the Baron had us build that giant, garish, gold obelisk. Although level 15 wouldnt have gotten gold or mithril yet...at least I don't think so.
I do think there will be lots of crafting of decor but he did mention fortifications as well. So, maybe some flowery walls???but we already did those romantic ones so that's kinda misleading, I guess...lol.

badbunny42
03-10-15, 10:54 AM

Or a grand arc de triumphe! Lol
Or something like mt Rushmore with the baron's face lol
A towering tower, a la Pisa
A pyramid to entomb the Baron for good.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Lol

meme1098
03-10-15, 10:57 AM
Or a grand arc de triumphe! Lol
Or something like mt Rushmore with the baron's face lol
A towering tower, a la Pisa
A pyramid to entomb the Baron for good.

Yeah, that's the ticket. Lol
I like that pyramid idea!! Lol
I'm sure we'll probably be needing either Royal beams/blocks or ornate beams/blocks for whatever project he has in mind. So you should be working on increasing your store of those.
Wait, I don't think the Baron actually has an abode so could we be building that sort of structure? Ugh, I just don't know where I'm going to put a new structure though, no matter the size.

Ok...I've got it...a grand tower, archway at the time gilded in gold & encrusted with jewels...sounds just like something the Baron would want. :D

burritosprings
03-10-15, 11:08 AM
I like that pyramid idea!! Lol
I'm sure we'll probably be needing either Royal beams/blocks or ornate beams/blocks for whatever project he has in mind. So you should be working on increasing your store of those.
Wait, I don't think the Baron actually has an abode so could we be building that sort of structure? Ugh, I just don't know where I'm going to put a new structure though, no matter the size.

Ok...I've got it...a grand tower, archway at the time gilded in gold & encrusted with jewels...sounds just like something the Baron would want. :D

Don't see needing Enchanted or Ornate since this was stated to be a +15 goal/event. If its a structure maybe to upgrade at a later time.

I think you might be on to something about the baron wanting something (Festive Advant garde) focused on him. Maybe it gets built then other kingdoms(dignitaries) have to visit to view it. Our assumption is this is a event so I think we can expect all possibilities)

PrincessCupOButter
03-10-15, 11:28 AM

Maybe we will have to plant rose bushes to craft the rose bouquet. Or at least collect from crops to collect rose petals. I can't even compete with the awesome imaginations shown here as far as speculating on new types of decorations. ;) But I'm thinking it will be some garish tribute to the baron. An abode that dwarfs all other buildings in the kingdom? And requires lots of neighbor visits? Someone mentioned a huge statue of the baron...maybe that will be the 'prize' for completing the event. :(

AnniePMH
03-10-15, 11:56 AM
Maybe we will have to plant rose bushes to craft the rose bouquet. Or at least collect from crops to collect rose petals. I can't even compete with the awesome imaginations shown here as far as speculating on new types of decorations. ;) But I'm thinking it will be some garish tribute to the baron. An abode that dwarfs all other buildings in the kingdom? And requires lots of neighbor visits? Someone mentioned a huge statue of the baron...maybe that will be the 'prize' for completing the event. :(

A statue of a sitting Baron reminiscent of the Fire Fairie Statue!:eek:

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-10-15, 12:04 PM

The Baron sitting on his "throne"? ROFL!!!!

Ps. Luv all the ideas, Thuakians, keep em comin! Lol

katbtodd
03-10-15, 12:18 PM
Not sure I have an idea,, I hope what ever it is it's useful and we have drops

lisman
03-10-15, 12:21 PM
Don't forget the custard, eggs, milk and sugar. Maybe we will be building a tower of creme brulee with golden flakes on top for the baron to munch through wile we are bulding the grandiose sfinx of the baron and his throne to sit on when he is visiting us

tuffyjkitten
03-10-15, 12:33 PM
Well we have world events today in both Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story. One is a spring theme and the other is St. Patrick's day. We did have 3 events simultaneously at Halloween so I'm now thinking event.

perry5
03-10-15, 12:45 PM
Hmmm...Well I have about all the outdoor entertaining areas I can use or fit (pergolas, respites, gazebos, dining tables, and tea parties), so PLEASE no more of that! We have obelisks, cupperbutt, evil queen statues...perhaps a garishly large (3x3) Baron statue a la the Lincoln Memorial...maybe counting a chest of gold? Or perhaps a Parthenon-esque homage to the Baron that happens to drop whatever you are currently maxed on? Or a Taj Mahal-styled homage to the ruined love of Thurston and Sabina caused by the Wedding Alicorn reaping that drops tears of sadness and loss?

What would I hope for? Maybe some new, unique creature to the realm that would bring (finally!) the promise of spring! Or a long quest line with multiple steps requiring engagement with neighbors in hopes of reigniting our interest in the game!!

Please CS!! Return the game to the fun of yesteryear!! ��

ndtrance
03-10-15, 03:27 PM
Sorry if this is a dumb question but do Android users get events in this game? I know we got the goals for the baron but is that it for us?

dragon2046
03-10-15, 03:45 PM
Just got an update ! It's a floral frenzy. Love the look of the spring castle very excited for spring event. Thanks TL :)

jbfps116
03-10-15, 04:01 PM
got a castle story app update just now but no new missions. It is a spring event. it's 7:00 AM, 3/11 right now here in Beijing, so I'll have to wait a bit for the missions to show up :(

burritosprings
03-10-15, 04:04 PM
got a castle story app update just now but no new missions. It is a spring event. it's 7:00 AM, 3/11 right now here in Beijing, so I'll have to wait a bit for the missions to show up :(

nothing here in south Florida

PraxisOfGood
03-10-15, 04:08 PM
The update says the event will start on the 12th.

sunnygirl634
03-10-15, 04:08 PM
Notes from the new update in the App Store:

Castle Story, Version 1.2.7, March 10, 2015

Spring is here and the flowers are blooming, but not everything is sunny in your kingdom! The Baron is going bonkers trying to impress foreign nobles visiting the realm, and needs your help to make the castle garden glamorous! Can you beautify the Kingdom to the Baron's boundless standards?

Take part in the floral fun during this special Spring event, beginning March 12th only in Castle Story! You have a month to earn UNIQUE, LIMITED-TIME items that have never been seen before! Will you line your garden with Alicorn Topiaries, or take a stroll through the Castle Garden? Don't miss your chance to experience Floral Frenzy - download Castle Story today!

dragon2046
03-10-15, 04:09 PM
It states it begins March 12 and we have a month to get unique limited time items. So excited CS fever kicking in now ! I don't think the update has to do with location cuz I'm in central Florida and I have it so I'm not sure how they release the updates. Enjoy everyone :)

shambalaya
03-10-15, 04:09 PM
From the Castle Story Spring Edition download description:

"Spring is here and the flowers are blooming, but not everything is sunny in your kingdom! The Baron is going bonkers trying to impress foreign nobles visiting the realm, and he needs your help to make the castle garden glamorous! Can you beautify the Kingdom to the Baron's boundless standards?

Take part in the floral fun during the special Spring event, beginnning March 12th only in Castle Story! You have a month to earn UNIQUE, LIMITED-TIME items that have never been seen before! Will you line your carden with Alicorn Topiaries, or take a stroll through the Castle Garden? Don't miss your chance to experience the Floral Frenzy - download Castle Story today!"

burritosprings
03-10-15, 04:12 PM
Ohh a App Update.. maybe they will soon have a Apple Iwatch app companion.. we can have a AliWatch. It drops energy but only when you hit your target heartrate at workout.

gr8play
03-10-15, 04:42 PM
Based on the teaser last week, I think we will be getting lots of caravan trades to get the supplies needed to build a huge Baron Statue...so even level 15 can participate...I sure hope it's not another Gazebo ... I've got enough of those!!

burritosprings
03-10-15, 04:48 PM
Any early adopters out there ready to report on update? I hate to be on the bleeding edge.

meme1098
03-10-15, 05:14 PM
Updates are on Thursdays. TL time-12 noon pacific time. Today was just the app update.
So crafting, crafting, crafting it sounds like.

Lunaticus
03-10-15, 05:46 PM
Those petals needs to be maxed...

burritosprings
03-10-15, 05:50 PM
Those petals needs to be maxed...

Unless they are flowers that are only gained by harvesting Corn

burritosprings
03-10-15, 05:52 PM
Updates are on Thursdays. TL time-12 noon pacific time. Today was just the app update.
So crafting, crafting, crafting it sounds like.

Yeah I know.. just wanting to make sure if I DL the latest APP update all my buildings are now upside down and Kaz hasn't murdered everyone

meme1098
03-10-15, 05:53 PM
Haha...mines set to auto & things look ok here...lol

55lee55
03-10-15, 05:55 PM
They have already started by changing the icon again and putting gaudy flowers all over our normal log in page with a huge ugly Storm 8 icon burning into corneas while we wait for the kingdom to load. Then they stuck another 8 in the corner of our screen. So much for Storm 8 not changing our games. Bad enough that they messed with the forum, but now they are messing with the game as well. Not cool Storm 8.

Not at all looking forward to some gaudy cartoon stuff instead of a storyline update. I will hope for the best, but considering history, will expect the worst.

mybunnytail
03-10-15, 07:09 PM
I've been collecting only from my wizard schools and special Ali's and adventures the past few days. I'll hit just over 400 energy saved tonight lol.

I sorry but please help me understand how do you save up energy?

PernReloaded
03-10-15, 07:22 PM
I sorry but please help me understand how do you save up energy?

You are allowed to have more than the maximum amount of energy by collecting from various sources. For example: If you have the maximum energy, and then do a trade for ten energy, or do a fairy elixir for ten energy, then you can have an extra ten energy in addition to that.

Lunaticus
03-10-15, 07:46 PM

we might be harvesting a gazillion of corn. Sigh.

Robkendy
03-10-15, 07:49 PM
I think will be harvesting flowers instead. New update mentions spring limited time event. Flowers are all over the loading screen now.

vednir
03-10-15, 08:25 PM
Looks like the new app version is only for iOS. No Android update to be had yet.

mreames
03-10-15, 09:44 PM
I'm sure people can correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't actually done it, but I believ if you desperately needed plots to plant on, you might be able to store the plot and you would lose the current crop and the coins it cost to plant it. Then place it back on the board and have an empty plot. But like I said, I haven't tested it and can be wrong. Lol I'm not prepared to test it on my fellora plants. :D

newpam575
03-10-15, 10:01 PM
I think we will get a new garden or garden statues. We will all want them all even if they are only decorations. Some will be VERY rare and hard to obtain.

SpiritWind00
03-10-15, 10:38 PM
I'm sure people can correct me if I'm wrong since I haven't actually done it, but I believ if you desperately needed plots to plant on, you might be able to store the plot and you would lose the current crop and the coins it cost to plant it. Then place it back on the board and have an empty plot. But like I said, I haven't tested it and can be wrong. Lol I'm not prepared to test it on my fellora plants. :D
You're right... If you put a plot into storage that has a crop on it and then put it back on your board, the plot is free to be used again. I wouldn't advise to do it on Fellora plants either! :).

Ps, I am super excited about next update!

kudukuda
03-11-15, 12:14 AM
So with spring around the corner, passover is coming as well. Here are my mussings, in the spirit of things and taking into account the new description for CS:
The baron will be overrun by a pile of wild flowers growing out od an alicorn topiary (not a real alicorn, heaven forbid)... He will get a major alergy attack, die and we will have to bury him under major pyramyd structures like the pharoes of old times. The pyramyd will drop items like Feed the Baron in the kitchen. And now our path to rule the kingdom is set...
Let my people go. Free the rulers of Glimerwood everywhere!

CaLyEl
03-11-15, 02:04 AM
I say that we don't have anywhere near enough carriages. (LOL). Maybe we will have to build the Baron a carriage decorated with flowers, and pulled by a free golden Alicorn. 😉
TSS #49 🔴❌❌{❤️}=============>

bisonbuy
03-11-15, 04:57 AM
How about a Golden tree with the Baron's face in the middle and each branch ( maybe 5) gives a different gift on a rotating basis...something useful like gems or silver or jewels or even trade tickets...much too generous for the Baron, but I can dream can't I? TL are you listening?

Response to post # 192

Chaotarch
03-11-15, 04:58 AM

lol, hope they give us a baronstatue to craft with min 25rp:rolleyes:
or a new chateaux for the baron with garden ( also rp )
or the baron spend thur-bina a new building ( lol, posted for weeks... )
or finally you can craft royalhedges with glimmerplants
or spring is also love...so bring back the loveshack or springshack, maybe flowershack:cool:
or green alis for texture my herd...:rolleyes:

Liloze
03-11-15, 07:03 AM

Yikes ! Pleaaaase No ! :p lol

badbunny42
03-11-15, 07:19 AM
So with spring around the corner, passover is coming as well. Here are my mussings, in the spirit of things and taking into account the new description for CS:
The baron will be overrun by a pile of wild flowers growing out od an alicorn topiary (not a real alicorn, heaven forbid)... He will get a major alergy attack, die and we will have to bury him under major pyramyd structures like the pharoes of old times. The pyramyd will drop items like Feed the Baron in the kitchen. And now our path to rule the kingdom is set...
Let my people go. Free the rulers of Glimerwood everywhere!

Perfect! ⚔

PurpleScorpion76
03-11-15, 07:29 AM
Let's face it, unless they're going to add a new crop they've got to use corn or tomatoes as they've got a quick turnaround. For any world event it's a no brainer. After the Halloween event I maxed on corn and haven't needed to plant any since. It was like ripping off a band aid, go on guys, it won't be as painful as you think.

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-11-15, 08:39 AM
LOL, I was just trying to stir some snarky-fun banter based on past event's decor, to try to wake up this forum again lol.... but I'm also seeing some great ideas here!
Luv the idea of a Spring Shack (or Flower Shack), Puffy - where we can craft fun stuff year-round....but it kinda needs to make CaLyEl's golden alicorn, too lol
The golden ticket tree that works like a spinning wheel sounds too good to be true lol, BisonBuy, but now I want one, lol.

In the end, it sounds like it's gonna be a wild frenzy of (possibly new) flowers ...and topiaries.
Lots & LOTS of topiaries.
Sharpen those swords, Thuakians, I think we've got some bush-whacking to do, lol
Let my people go! (Kudukuda, your bit was hilarious!! LOL)

Have fun with the update tomorrow, y'all!..... and thanks for ingratiating me with a little silliness.
*secret handshake to some & lil hugs to others* lol

NorthWoodsKingdom
03-11-15, 08:48 AM
For those keeping track of what level 15 players have or don't have, I just checked on one thing out of curiosity...
Lv 15 DOES have the conservatory, but does NOT have the Greenhouse yet (that's level 20), so I guess floral glow won't be needed. Just a FYI. :)

reliquary
03-11-15, 09:05 AM
Some other things to note, lv.15 does not have cocoa or the ability to craft hot sauce.
& As for adventures, someone at lv15 only has just gotten roaming Bandits.

PurpleScorpion76
03-11-15, 09:07 AM
For those keeping track of what level 15 players have or don't have, I just checked on one thing out of curiosity...
Lv 15 DOES have the conservatory, but does NOT have the Greenhouse yet (that's level 20), so I guess floral glow won't be needed. Just a FYI. :)

It might not be needed, but I'll certainly be using it if I need it.

cpabae
03-11-15, 09:53 AM
Of course - the day the app update comes out (for the event) is the day that Apple breaks and apps cannot be updated. iTunes is down and no word on when it will be working again.

burritosprings
03-11-15, 10:10 AM
Of course - the day the app update comes out (for the event) is the day that Apple breaks and apps cannot be updated. iTunes is down and no word on when it will be working again.

Castle Storians have brought the App Store to its knees. Update not till tmw so sure it will be back up by then

midsom
03-11-15, 10:18 AM

Ahhh so that's why I can't buy any gems, thanks for the info I was just about to panic

meme1098
03-11-15, 10:23 AM
App Store down, Hawaii under blizzard warning, what's this world coming to...lol

maizee0404
03-11-15, 10:49 AM
Is anyone else having problems updating this game in the app store...its saying it cant connect to the app store?

meme1098
03-11-15, 10:51 AM
Many posts about that since last night...the App Store is down! Hopefully everything will be fine before the big spring event tomorrow.

maizee0404
03-11-15, 11:03 AM
Many posts about that since last night...the App Store is down! Hopefully everything will be fine before the big spring event tomorrow.

Really..i didnt see them...thanks for replying...i hope it is as this will be my 1st event playing cs :)

meme1098
03-11-15, 11:04 AM
What level are you? Hoping for something that doesn't require me to be on every 10 minutes collecting or crafting....lol