PDA

View Full Version : Retiring Christmas items on March 9th 2015

matty998
03-04-15, 09:23 PM
I just logged into my game and many of the Christmas and winter items are showing 5 days left, also they brought back the old chestnut roaster and holiday drink machine for a few days.

PepperWoo
03-05-15, 07:42 AM
http://i.imgur.com/e4mOrD2.jpg

Compiled all retiring items. :)

lynniefish
03-05-15, 12:23 PM
http://i.imgur.com/e4mOrD2.jpg

Compiled all retiring items. :)

Thank you, PepperWoo, you're amazing!! *blows kisses*

fatbearsecondary
03-05-15, 01:14 PM
<3 pepper!

PepperWoo
03-05-15, 01:59 PM
Glad I could help guys! :)

meme1098
03-05-15, 02:36 PM
Guess now I'll have to go check out the recipes on the chestnut roaster & candy cane oven to see if it's worth it to even mess with them. And especially during goals when I need slots for goal ovens...lol

Game Guide only lists
Chestnut Roaster requires 5-fuses, 5-nozzles, 10-motors, 10-springs
* 1-4hr. Recipe for chestnuts

Holiday drink Machine requires 5-nozzles, 5-motors, 10-paint, 10-screws
1-6hr & 1-12 hr. Recipe

Sorry, it's not a candy cane oven but a candy cane counter.

So only appliance I haven't done is the chestnut one, and for 1 recipe requiring all those parts---just not worth it.

VanaCatu
03-05-15, 03:19 PM
appliance recipe hrs srvs cost income exp income/plate profit x83 mastered
Chestnut Roasted Chestnuts 4 375 $450 $1 500 49 4 $87 150
Holiday Drink Spiced Eggnogg 6 625 $700 $2 500 47 4 $149 400
Holiday Drink Holiday Smoothie 12 1 450 $1 000 $5 800 82 4 $398 400
total x 83orders 203 350 $178 450 $813 400 14 774 $634 950

lynniefish
03-05-15, 06:47 PM
appliance recipe hrs srvs cost income exp income/plate profit x83 mastered
Chestnut Roasted Chestnuts 4 375 $450 $1 500 49 4 $87 150
Holiday Drink Spiced Eggnogg 6 625 $700 $2 500 47 4 $149 400
Holiday Drink Holiday Smoothie 12 1 450 $1 000 $5 800 82 4 $398 400
total x 83orders 203 350 $178 450 $813 400 14 774 $634 950

Fantastic compilation of data as usual, vanacatu! I think it's more than worth their cost in coins and parts to acquire these two, if only for the opportunity to add more 4-coin recipes to our roster. Appliances from this goal and the last, as well as the kiddie kitchen, seem to focus on 2-coin dishes. I realize these dishes have greatly-reduced recipe costs, which might make them very appealing to new players with limited coins, but they're a terrible deal overall, with a profit of less than 2 coins per serving. Players who recently put out lots of low-earning food are suddenly seeing their daily income take a huge hit. I can't help but wonder if this is a tactic to entice us to play more, cook more, work harder, in a struggle to sustain what had become "normal" earnings.

rosewaterlily
03-05-15, 07:03 PM
I've never seen some of these items before and I've been playing 2.5 years. Got a single gingerbread tile and one moose tile in case I want to use them later and the holiday jukebox for coins.

lynniefish
03-05-15, 07:43 PM
I've never seen some of these items before and I've been playing 2.5 years. Got a single gingerbread tile and one moose tile in case I want to use them later and the holiday jukebox for coins.

I've been under the impression that, once the items were retired, you only had access to the quantity you bought. Is that not true for tiles? What about wallpaper? If that's the case, I'll take one of each as well! (I bought the holiday jukebox, too...pretty adorable!)

jandtandn
03-05-15, 08:02 PM
I've been under the impression that, once the items were retired, you only had access to the quantity you bought. Is that not true for tiles? What about wallpaper? If that's the case, I'll take one of each as well! (I bought the holiday jukebox, too...pretty adorable!)

iOS players are able to continue to purchase more retired wallpaper and tiles so long as they have bought at least one in the past.

twospoons
03-06-15, 04:41 AM
So only appliance I haven't done is the chestnut one, and for 1 recipe requiring all those parts---just not worth it.

I'm not one to turn down free gems either way (and am in nothing even remotely resembling a rush with the goals), but at least these 2 appliances require only basic parts that you probably already have enough of to make a couple of ovens just in case you want to make some chestnuts later! although you may not want to use your springs and whatever else current goals require. and chestnuts aren't that attractive of a food.

Fantastic compilation of data as usual, vanacatu! I think it's more than worth their cost in coins and parts to acquire these two, if only for the opportunity to add more 4-coin recipes to our roster. Appliances from this goal and the last, as well as the kiddie kitchen, seem to focus on 2-coin dishes. I realize these dishes have greatly-reduced recipe costs, which might make them very appealing to new players with limited coins, but they're a terrible deal overall, with a profit of less than 2 coins per serving. Players who recently put out lots of low-earning food are suddenly seeing their daily income take a huge hit. I can't help but wonder if this is a tactic to entice us to play more, cook more, work harder, in a struggle to sustain what had become "normal" earnings.

so i am aware that we've been getting some low profit/plate recipes lately, but has it equaled out with some higher yields? i haven't been paying that much attention. because the way my place sells out everyday, i'd rather cook 1000 plates at $2 each than 500 at $4 each. even if it did take slightly longer to earn the $2000, it would be worth it just to actually have food to serve!

lynniefish
03-06-15, 06:21 AM
so i am aware that we've been getting some low profit/plate recipes lately, but has it equaled out with some higher yields? i haven't been paying that much attention. because the way my place sells out everyday, i'd rather cook 1000 plates at $2 each than 500 at $4 each. even if it did take slightly longer to earn the $2000, it would be worth it just to actually have food to serve!

When I said it's a good deal for new players, that was kind of my point...more servings for fewer coins. And it's also true for those who have difficulty keeping counters full. From what I've observed, the yield is about double for 2-coin recipes, so yes, the income is there, it's just taking you twice as long to earn it. It would be as if your employer said, "I'm cutting your wages in half, but I'll let you work 16 hours a day, so you're not really losing anything." :) For players who never sell out of food, having multiple counters filled with higher yield yet low-earning dishes will drastically affect earnings. I just wanted to bring it to the attention of those who haven't made the connection between these recipes and their income drop.

bobbyrae
03-06-15, 07:44 AM
I'm not one to turn down free gems either way (and am in nothing even remotely resembling a rush with the goals), but at least these 2 appliances require only basic parts that you probably already have enough of to make a couple of ovens just in case you want to make some chestnuts later! although you may not want to use your springs and whatever else current goals require. and chestnuts aren't that attractive of a food.

I've given up on trying to keep my restaurant stocked. Once I master any new appliance I go back to stuffed mushrooms and peking duck and some other high profit recipes and try like the deckins to get a big stockpile to last me through the next new goal or new appliance. Sigh. Never works. The food always sells out before i can master the new appliance and then I'm back to empty counters.

xxxe
03-06-15, 01:00 PM
I've given up on trying to keep my restaurant stocked. Once I master any new appliance I go back to stuffed mushrooms and peking duck and some other high profit recipes and try like the deckins to get a big stockpile to last me through the next new goal or new appliance. Sigh. Never works. The food always sells out before i can master the new appliance and then I'm back to empty counters.

I've been playing for almost 2 years now and I can't get rid of my food! Maybe because I close my doors during remodeling which usually takes a few days because I'm slow at it. But I still have 50,000 Salsa and chips from that organic food update from forever ago. I don't have that many counters either. Lol idk why but it takes awhile to get rid of my food. It seems the prettier foods and the foods I like sell out faster.

xxxe
03-06-15, 01:02 PM
Just wanted to say thanks TL for bringing back the holiday jukebox! I had it on my very first account and wished I had it the last two Christmases

bobbyrae
03-07-15, 09:04 AM
I've been playing for almost 2 years now and I can't get rid of my food! Maybe because I close my doors during remodeling which usually takes a few days because I'm slow at it. But I still have 50,000 Salsa and chips from that organic food update from forever ago. I don't have that many counters either. Lol idk why but it takes awhile to get rid of my food. It seems the prettier foods and the foods I like sell out faster.
my happy face is down to about 35 now and that's where it usually stays, yet my food still flies off the counters. Smh. Of course in bakery story the opposite happens. The food just sits there refusing to go away.

PuppyFrog
03-09-15, 12:17 PM
Why did these go away on March 8? Yesterday these items were showing 2 days left. Now they're gone & I'm so disappointed. If they meant March 9 at game change +1 minute or something unusual like that then the timer should not have said 2 days. TL should decide on a standard time for these things to happen, like game change or when goals expire etc. Also they should download a calendar & timer to calculate this for them since they can't seem to get this correct.

PrairieGrass
03-09-15, 02:04 PM
Why did these go away on March 8? Yesterday these items were showing 2 days left. Now they're gone & I'm so disappointed. If they meant March 9 at game change +1 minute or something unusual like that then the timer should not have said 2 days. TL should decide on a standard time for these things to happen, like game change or when goals expire etc. Also they should download a calendar & timer to calculate this for them since they can't seem to get this correct.
When the timer says 2 days it is including the current day as one of those days. Likewise, when your messages say someone tipped 2 days ago, it really was yesterday when one tipped (the current day is being considered 1 of those days) At least this is how it works for me in the US. I was getting some items in the last hour and the sale did end about 30 minutes early for me at 1:30am CDST. So I missed getting 2more light poles. I had waited for a gem sale before getting some items.

twospoons
03-09-15, 03:34 PM
maybe if they changed to an hours countdown when they hit 48 hours instead of when they get to under 24 hours?

Liloze
03-11-15, 11:53 AM
Ok I did not find any thread about retiring the Goals after 5 days.
Here's what is happening if anyone could shed any light, that could help me understand what's going on!

There are three items locked by Goals ( which I never had in my Goal book )
1- The Carolers
2-Lyrics Sheet Stand
3-Holiday Choir.

Never Got those as a Goal to do, (maybe I started after the event) and now they are being retired and I wanted to buy the first 2 items.

How S8/TL put them to be retired without unlocking them for those who did not get the goals ( meaning who did not get the chance to do them )- and not meaning -they failed to do them in the timed event -in the first place ?

How are we supposed to buy items locked ?

I really wanted to buy them because I saw them at one of my neighbor's resaurant, they are really cute.
Now I am missing this chance, because TL / S8 is keeping them locked!!
Total paradox if you ask me, since we were not given the goal in the first place to get them, the usual way, now they are offered but still locked ( shakes head) :confused:?

twospoons
03-11-15, 11:59 AM
it's not that they're retiring the goals, they're retiring the items that were unlocked by goals that were active ages ago. you, like me, must have started playing after those goals, and i've had those items locked at the back of my decor tab forever. frankly, i'm glad that i no longer will have to see them back there, taunting me with their inaccessibility. i mean, i'd also prefer to be able to buy them, but since i never could and still can't, at least i won't have to look at them anymore!

Liloze
03-11-15, 12:55 PM
it's not that they're retiring the goals, they're retiring the items that were unlocked by goals that were active ages ago. you, like me, must have started playing after those goals, and i've had those items locked at the back of my decor tab forever. frankly, i'm glad that i no longer will have to see them back there, taunting me with their inaccessibility. i mean, i'd also prefer to be able to buy them, but since i never could and still can't, at least i won't have to look at them anymore!

Yes I know they are not retiring the goals!
And I Never saw these specific goals, in the back of my decor list!
They appeared today when I finished the newest Goal :)

I am astonished that S8 are offering locked items!

I totally agree with you.
Everytime I look at some of the items I feel frustrated lol

Yeah well if they are taking them never to be seen again, at least S8 should consider giving us the chance to buy them !

Now I am annoyed looking at the items with 5 days left surrounded with orange frame lol ;)

PepperWoo
03-11-15, 01:31 PM
Ugh I agree. It sucks to not be able to buy those retiring items locked by goals! :(

Liloze
03-11-15, 01:44 PM
Ugh I agree. It sucks to not be able to buy those retiring items locked by goals! :(

If you are having the same problem, then there's a thread I opened in Bugs & Issues / How to buy locked goals' items?
The more there are people voicing their issues, the more S8/TL will notice there's a problem and respond.

bobbyrae
03-11-15, 02:04 PM

But on the other hand, if they are going to remain locked by that goal forever, then I'm happy to be rid of them taunting me in my decor thread :)