PDA

View Full Version : Obsidian Cyclops 3-6-15

kooky panda
03-04-15, 11:35 AM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/503b971f-d867-4e23-9ee9-468de5b8057e_zpsy6vkjsts.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/503b971f-d867-4e23-9ee9-468de5b8057e_zpsy6vkjsts.png.html)

http://media.tumblr.com/f22bfa41bec13b1db5d50ed13fbb4fa3/tumblr_inline_nknq99LOe31qm7yoc.pngA mighty Creature has entered the Forest! Its vision is limited, but what it makes up for in sight, is its herculean strength! Keep an eye out for the Obsidian Cyclops in Fantasy Forest Story (https://www.facebook.com/fantasyforestapp)!

rjazz
03-04-15, 11:37 AM
Dark & Gem?

readysetgo888
03-04-15, 11:38 AM
Gem-dark! I assume... I suppose it could also fit with gem-earth, but from the name and coloring I would guess gem-dark.

Looks kind of like an Onyx Ox clone to me, at least in the body. It's certainly not the most obvious clone. I don't hate it, but I don't passionately love it or anything. I would have loved to see the gem-dark animal be beautiful. But it appears that other than the Unicorn and Emerald Dragon, no gem animals are allowed to be beautiful. I find that weird.

zenobia42
03-04-15, 11:40 AM
Dark & Gem?

could be dark or earth. I actually am leaning towards earth - obsidian is a rock after all. But I'm usually wrong, lol.

I still haven't managed either the citrine or the cthulu, and there is ALWAYS at least 1, up to 5, limited animals at a time in this game nowadays, so whatever it is, 1) i will never have time to try for it and 2) i will never get it even if I do try. I like him. But I just can't get excited about something that there is a 99.999% chance I will never get. *shrug.*

keller63
03-04-15, 11:41 AM
oh dear god this is horrible, not something i'ld imagine being a gem creature, (or i suppose it is) but expected prettier. So not trying for this just as much as i hate that chtula thing..

readysetgo888
03-04-15, 11:49 AM
could be dark or earth. I actually am leaning towards earth - obsidian is a rock after all. But I'm usually wrong, lol.

I was thinking that - I have idly thought from time to time of the gemstone names they'd use for the dark and earth hybrid. Onyx was the logical choice for dark, but they used it on the Onyx Ox already unfortunately. Obsidian is also black, which makes me think dark, but that leaves them to come up with another kind of rock to use for the gem-earth hybrid... If this is gem-earth, they need a black gemstone besides onyx for the gem-dark hybrid.... hmmm.

I should also add, I actually really hope it is gem-earth, so that a beautiful black flying unicorn or something stunningly gorgeous can be the gem-dark hybrid. I think gem-dark should be beautiful, and gem-earth can be this... interesting creature.

Vodelle
03-04-15, 11:51 AM
I'm leaning towards gem-dark, to be honest. Obsidian is known as being the 'black' stone, and I associate black with dark things. (Sapphire = blue = water, citrine = yellow/orange = lightning, ruby = red = fire, emerald = green = nature. Not sure what earth would be - stone something?) Its coloration is mostly purple. Not sure why people think it could be gem-earth lmao.

I actually think it looks pretty cool!

ArcadiaTofu
03-04-15, 11:56 AM
OMG... this is so ugly I can barely find the words to describe it.

Developers of FFS: Why is a cyclops of all things a GEM animal? Gem animals are supposed to be the most desirable and attractive designs in the game... thus why they're so hard to get (besides their wonderful coin earnings) so why choose a mythological creature that is pretty much the ugliest creature you can find?

Heck, if it were an Obsidian Unicorn I wouldn't care AT ALL it was basically a clone of the unicorn, it would still be COOL since it'd be pretty/designed better than this ugly creature! >.<

Heck, what about an Obsidian Dragon, even?! I don't like dragons as much as people in DS do, but I wouldn't mind a clone of the emerald dragon that's also gem and is Dark-themed. Anything but a cyclops (which would have been more apt to have been released in Monster Story way back when, imo) >.<

God, I'm so, so disappointed in this. There were so many awesome possibilities that could have been chosen for the 'ultimate' Dark-Gem hybrid that are so-called 'dark' mythological beings... and you guys chose the ugliest of them all?

Wow. Just... wow.

readysetgo888
03-04-15, 11:56 AM
I really hope it's gem-earth. Gem-dark should be beautiful. They already gave us a manly looking pig to be Ruby, a Falconch clone in ugly colors to be Citrine, and a famous monster to be Sapphire (though I love, love, love the Chtuhlu, he can't be called beautiful). Why can't we have a gorgeous gem-dark creature? I admit I find this quite disappointing. If it's gem-earth, I don't mind so much.

Tictoclolo
03-04-15, 12:12 PM
Yuck!! What's an awfull creature!!! After Chtulu, that... thing!! Really, Gem Animals become more and more ugly!! Please TL, stop this massacre!!! Even if it's a Gem type, I don't want this hideous thing in my forest!! This is becoming Monster Forest Story instead of Fantasy Forest Story! Please, bring us back our Unicorns, Dragons and Faeries!! :(:(:(

ArcadiaTofu
03-04-15, 12:19 PM
Yuck!! What's an awfull creature!!! After Chtulu, that... thing!! Really, Gem Animals become more and more ugly!! Please TL, stop this massacre!!! Even if it's a Gem type, I don't want this hideous thing in my forest!! This is becoming Monster Forest Story instead of Fantasy Forest Story! Please, bring us back our Unicorns, Dragons and Faeries!! :(:(:(
I agree; the gem animals get more and more ugly as time goes by. Perhaps they're making all gem types ugly as sin now in hopes people will stop breeding for them. After all, the gem creatures bring in the most $$ in forests and it more than likely takes away some profit from them (since buying coins for expansions/food/obstacles is an option in FFS that I'm sure people that are desperate take advantage of... but multiple-gem owners don't need to).

I'm so disappointed, as well. So much possibility in the Dark-Gem hybrid. Completely wasted.

I was looking forward to the Dark-Gem hybrid being released the most out of all the Gem animals... so this... thing... is the biggest disappointment I've seen in FFS yet for hybrid animals of any type. Even the Frankenswine was prettier, and that's saying something :\

This is NOT what we meant when we said we wanted more mythological creatures :(

jim23cash
03-04-15, 12:27 PM
I like him. He reminds me a little of the monster on Rudolph. And I love the Cthulu! One of my favorite mythical monsters! I'm hoping we get a KRACKEN next! I guess you can't please everyone all the time! :D

chippychan
03-04-15, 12:34 PM
I like him. He reminds me a little of the monster on Rudolph. And I love the Cthulu! One of my favorite mythical monsters! I'm hoping we get a KRACKEN next! I guess you can't please everyone all the time! :D

I agree with you! There are lots of cutesy-type animals already, I like the contrast of some more monster-type creatures.
I especially like the baby form of this one. Pretty darn cute in my opinion.

sweetypies97
03-04-15, 12:36 PM
Lol my son and I picked it - an ultra rare right off the back of a tonne of 'super' (more like ultra) rare fails. There's only gem-earth to go now.

I've never bothered trying for the gem-water or gem-electric. This one will be the same. That poor thing is so ugly!

rjazz
03-04-15, 12:41 PM

YES! I agree!

readysetgo888
03-04-15, 12:42 PM
I'm so disappointed, as well. So much possibility in the Dark-Gem hybrid. Completely wasted.

I was looking forward to the Dark-Gem hybrid being released the most out of all the Gem animals... so this... thing... is the biggest disappointment I've seen in FFS yet for hybrid animals of any type. Even the Frankenswine was prettier, and that's saying something :\

So, so, so much agree with this. The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am.

It's not that I would mind this animal if it was a dark-earth animal or anything other than a gem animal. It's that, as I said, after Unicorn and Emerald, NONE of the gem animals have been beautiful fantasy creatures. They've all been manly and in some cases ugly. It's not like we haven't said this before on the other gem creature threads. They KNOW we wanted a beautiful animal for the gem-dark. Instead, we get this ugly thing.

Sigh... just another thing to be disappointed about with this game. The only bright spot, as usual in this situation, is that I won't have to waste time trying for it.

ArcadiaTofu
03-04-15, 12:54 PM
So, so, so much agree with this. The more I think about it, the more disappointed I am.

It's not that I would mind this animal if it was a dark-earth animal or anything other than a gem animal. It's that, as I said, after Unicorn and Emerald, NONE of the gem animals have been beautiful fantasy creatures. They've all been manly and in some cases ugly. It's not like we haven't said this before on the other gem creature threads. They KNOW we wanted a beautiful animal for the gem-dark. Instead, we get this ugly thing.

Sigh... just another thing to be disappointed about with this game. The only bright spot, as usual in this situation, is that I won't have to waste time trying for it.
I know. I view Gem creatures as the "Royalty" of FFS animals. They're meant to be the most beautiful, the most detailed and desirable hybrids in the entire game. They're supposed to be so attractive that almost everyone wants to try for them---not throwbacks to Monster Story or better hybrids as limited Halloween hybrids. When you think of Dragons you think of 'royalty' --- when you think of unicorns you think of 'royalty' --- a pig, a peregrine and a cyclops are NOT animals that you think 'royalty' in any way, shape or form. I wouldn't have minded, at all, if they had a Dark Bull with black flames surrounding it and glowing red eyes for a Dark-Gem, even if I'm not a huge fan of bulls. A cyclops is viewed in popular culture as either an ugly demon or a goofy sidekick... not as a 'royal' hybrid in a game :| And correct me if I'm wrong, but FFS is supposed to have *animal* hybrids, not human hybrids, correct? Cyclops is human-like, not animal-like, no matter how they try and make it somewhat 'ape-like' to pass it off as 'animal'.

When did FFS start to have human hybrids? Even the myth of cyclops paints them as humans, not monkey-like hybrids... or am I wrong?

sweetypies97
03-04-15, 01:07 PM
I know. I view Gem creatures as the "Royalty" of FFS animals. They're meant to be the most beautiful, the most detailed and desirable hybrids in the entire game. They're supposed to be so attractive that almost everyone wants to try for them---not throwbacks to Monster Story or better hybrids as limited Halloween hybrids. When you think of Dragons you think of 'royalty' --- when you think of unicorns you think of 'royalty' --- a pig, a peregrine and a cyclops are NOT animals that you think 'royalty' in any way, shape or form. I wouldn't have minded, at all, if they had a Dark Bull with black flames surrounding it and glowing red eyes for a Dark-Gem, even if I'm not a huge fan of bulls. A cyclops is viewed in popular culture as either an ugly demon or a goofy sidekick... not as a 'royal' hybrid in a game :| And correct me if I'm wrong, but FFS is supposed to have *animal* hybrids, not human hybrids, correct? Cyclops is human-like, not animal-like, no matter how they try and make it somewhat 'ape-like' to pass it off as 'animal'.

When did FFS start to have human hybrids? Even the myth of cyclops paints them as humans, not monkey-like hybrids... or am I wrong?

Absolutely!

ArcadiaTofu
03-04-15, 01:24 PM
I agree with you! There are lots of cutesy-type animals already, I like the contrast of some more monster-type creatures.
I especially like the baby form of this one. Pretty darn cute in my opinion.
We never said we wanted 'cutesy' animals... just beautiful ones. Or majestic, if you like. The Skeletal Dragon could be considered dark *and* majestic, if a bit scary. Having a Gem-Dark creature that is somewhat 'spooky' but still majestic in a way is fine, imo. Or a Kraken, even, as long as they don't make it ugly-as-sin. (Personally, I think the Skeletal Dragon is wicked as all get-out and find it both majestic and dark, not 'cutesy' at all).

A Black Bear is majestic (if done right and designed in a way that makes it seem more 'evil' than it normally appears). A Dark Unicorn is majestic (if given stringy hair on its mane and glowing red eyes with a curved horn). A Black Serpent can be majestic (if given the right design concept for it to make it look demonic).

Any of those could be credible Dark-Gem hybrids that wouldn't be 'cutesy' but could have been more 'manly' or monster-like akin to the Skeletal Dragon... but they missed the mark big time on this one and actually tried to make this cyclops into a 'cutesy' version of it to pawn it off as an 'animal' hybrid. This game doesn't have *human* hybrids, but a cyclops is indeed human-istic no matter which way you cut it. Giants, after all, *are* human. I ask again: When did FFS start to have human hybrids in it (even based in myth)? :\

This hybrid would be more appropriate in Monster Story than in FFS---which went out of business for a reason, mind you. :\ There aren't many that would breed ugly monsters, to be honest. They'd rather breed fantasy-esque creatures like unicorns and dragons, etc.

Everyone has a different opinion, yes, but we wouldn't have been as upset if they released this during Halloween as a limited. I do NOT want to breed for this at all, but if I don't I'll forever have an empty slot in my album that I'll always have to look at unless I bite the bullet and put this ugly thing in my forest. That, more than anything, is upsetting to us that wish this thing only saw the light of day as a limited during Halloween or the like. If they'd done that and made it Dark-Earth or something, I wouldn't mind at all.. I'd just ignore it and never breed for it or worry about my album's count. FFS developers are basically not giving us an 'out' for this ugly thing and that rubs me (and many others) the wrong way, as well as essentially 'wasting' the potential of a Gem animal like they've done previously. :\

Like I've said previously, I've been looking forward to Dark-Gem out of all the Gem hybrids and this was a huge let-down when all previous suggestions users have given that would have been FANTASTIC as Dark-Gem were basically ignored for the ugliest human hybrid of all: the cyclops. >.< Monster Story all over again...

chippychan
03-04-15, 01:44 PM
We never said we wanted 'cutesy' animals... just beautiful ones. Or majestic, if you like. The Skeletal Dragon could be considered dark *and* majestic, if a bit scary. Having a Gem-Dark creature that is somewhat 'spooky' but still majestic in a way is fine, imo. Or a Kraken, even, as long as they don't make it ugly-as-sin. (Personally, I think the Skeletal Dragon is wicked as all get-out and find it both majestic and dark, not 'cutesy' at all).

You seem to be taking offense to my use of the word 'cutesy' when I personally don't find the word negative or in any way insulting. I LIKE cutesy things. :)

But at the same time I also like variety and choice. If I don't like the design of an animal I just won't try for it and it doesn't ruin my game or my life. I guess I'm fortunate that I don't absolutely *need* a complete album to be happy with this game, but if I did I could just breed one, level it up, and then sell it for completion's sake.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinions. Sorry to those who don't like it, but I personally do. :)

gammarayburst
03-04-15, 01:57 PM
I like him! He isn't the prettiest gem animal, but he is a mythological creature, which is what we've been asking for. Maybe I'm weird, but I think he's kinda cute in an ugly sort of way. He looks like a big, friendly monster. Anyway, I'll definitely be trying for him because I so love the ultra rares. :)

keller63
03-04-15, 02:15 PM
i agree with the majority and dont like him and will definitely not be trying for it. i dont care for a full album so that works in my favour, only going to breed those that i like the looks of, the same reason im not doing the current tournament because i dont like the design.

and yes, the gem/dark hybrid was the most anticipated for me and i would have loved a cutish/demonicish cerebus. its still mythical and its different, and i just love that awesome hell hound. really disappointed in this :( but like readysetgo said, at least i dont have to worry about breeding this one, more time to work on things i DO like :)

EviBrooklyn
03-04-15, 02:43 PM
TL has done a good job recently with the animals, chimpala, puffalo, bulldog etc
But when it comes to the gem animals.. I'm not impressed. I personally think this is one ugly animation for my cute gem grove

Hawksmoor
03-04-15, 04:25 PM
Well, it's certainly an interesting looking creature. I don't know why but to me in baby form it looks like a thumb with a purple thumbnail for a head with an eye on it. Lol. Plus, in max form it's eye is diamond shape but as a baby it's round. Yeah. Interesting.

rjazz
03-04-15, 04:49 PM
So if it's supposed to be here today where is it? Whoops the 6th is Friday, I was ahead of myself!:cool:

icysnowz
03-04-15, 07:26 PM
It is indeed ugly to be a gem creature but oh well.. at least i think the baby form looks cute.. im just gonna keep it in its baby form IF i manage to breed one

flowless
03-05-15, 02:21 AM
On the bright side its not limited :)

I dont love it or hate it
But cant help that is not really that uniqu
It loos like yak on lantrun ( which ever u spell that) with one eye

But like evi said
They done really good job lately with designs

Drachenia
03-05-15, 10:43 AM
I think it's great and beautiful in its own way and fits perfectly as Crystal animal for darkness. I want to have at least 4 of Obsidian Cyclops. Great work team leader and team, Thank you :D

tuffyjkitten
03-05-15, 02:34 PM
The baby is very cute! I dont have any gem hybrids yet so hopefully I get this one.

chiareh
03-05-15, 06:36 PM
The baby is very cute! I dont have any gem hybrids yet so hopefully I get this one.

I don't have any either, lol and I want to get it too. I think it's kinda cute. ^_^ (I do like the idea of something "darker" and creepier for a gem/dark) but I'll still try for this one.

Crr008
03-05-15, 07:55 PM
I like it but am not sure I want it as a gem creature. i can't imagine trying specifically for it, esp when I have so many other gem creatures to get.

readysetgo888
03-05-15, 07:59 PM
I like it but am not sure I want it as a gem creature. i can't imagine trying specifically for it, esp when I have so many other gem creatures to get.

This is pretty much how I feel too (although, I would say I definitely didn't want it as a gem creature). When I have a chance to try for a gem animal, I plan to keep trying for Cthulhu rather than this one. I would try Unicorn X dark-water if I still needed any dark-water animals, but currently I do not. Anyway the fails are a little shorter with water.

saphiraetti
03-06-15, 11:24 AM
I think that it is very cute but would anyone know exactly what elements? Is it Gem and Dark or is Gem and Earth. I would like to have it. I have three different ones, but that is it.

A2TUDE
03-06-15, 12:16 PM
Ok I'm ready for this one but im lil disappointed it not looking superior like gem animals meant to :( I'm thinking gem dark:)

zenobia42
03-06-15, 12:31 PM
My in-the-minority guess was actually right this time for a change! It's gem-earth not gem-dark. :p

matiasabad94
03-06-15, 12:31 PM
No one expected this to be gem-earth :rolleyes:

readysetgo888
03-06-15, 12:32 PM
My in-the-minority guess was actually right this time for a change! It's gem-earth not gem-dark. :p

Yes yes yes yes lol!! Yay there is still a possibility for a future beautiful gem-dark hybrid. I think the Cyclops is fine for gem-earth.

zenobia42
03-06-15, 12:38 PM
Yes yes yes yes lol!! Yay there is still a possibility for a future beautiful gem-dark hybrid. I think the Cyclops is fine for gem-earth.

In the Odyssey at least, the Cyclops lives in a cave, which to me is earth (though it could be dark, too). [Speaking of the Odyssey, wish I could put him in the same habitat as the bansheep, lol.] I think the gem-dark creature could be something from the underworld of some mythology. Like Cerberus or something.

rjazz
03-06-15, 12:39 PM
Did anyone capture the announcement by thw elf icon that said buy 10 gems? What did it say-mine is gone.

knj00
03-06-15, 12:41 PM
Did anyone capture the announcement by thw elf icon that said buy 10 gems? What did it say-mine is gone.

That was just the goal and you can skip it by paying 10 gems.

rjazz
03-06-15, 12:43 PM
That was just the goal and you can skip it by paying 10 gems.
Thank you!!!

SuzieQ477
03-06-15, 12:48 PM
I just got this. I spend all week trying to get a Dark and Rock Super Rare with no luck, just added the Unicorn in the mix and got 45 hours. Hopefully it's this and not another Unicorn :p

A2TUDE
03-06-15, 12:49 PM

It means once u get the animal and hatch it u will receive 10 gems.

rjazz
03-06-15, 12:58 PM
It means once u get the animal and hatch it u will receive 10 gems.

And that's because a gem animal is not that hard to breed, right?:p

kooky panda
03-06-15, 12:59 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/503b971f-d867-4e23-9ee9-468de5b8057e_zpsy6vkjsts.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/503b971f-d867-4e23-9ee9-468de5b8057e_zpsy6vkjsts.png.html)

A2TUDE
03-06-15, 01:13 PM

Congrates kooky u used the original elements.?

sweetypies97
03-06-15, 01:18 PM
A limited gem creature or a limited goal???

rjazz
03-06-15, 01:20 PM
I tried Rock-Unicorn-got an hour fail.

readysetgo888
03-06-15, 01:29 PM
I just got this. I spend all week trying to get a Dark and Rock Super Rare with no luck, just added the Unicorn in the mix and got 45 hours. Hopefully it's this and not another Unicorn :p

Congrats! How cool! It's not possible for it to be another Unicorn, so you got the new guy.

keller63
03-06-15, 01:30 PM
omg that IS good news, soooo glad its gem earth... phew, such a load off. Come on beautiful gem dark !!!!

chippychan
03-06-15, 01:33 PM
Won't be able to try for this anytime soon since I don't have a gem creature yet.
It looks like it's not limited (yet) so I'm looking forward to trying for it later.

I've decided to stop trying for specific animals and start breeding random ones that make up 4 different elements until I get a crystal unicorn. So far I've managed a few I didn't have but no unicorn yet. I imagine it will take some time. :rolleyes:

matiasabad94
03-06-15, 01:37 PM
Why do I need 5 gems to speed breed a 1-hour animal?

knj00
03-06-15, 01:37 PM
A limited gem creature or a limited goal???

Limited Goal

Drachenia
03-06-15, 01:40 PM
Uiiiii as fast as I did not expect to get Obsidian Cyclops. Thank you team leader and team. I breed with Crystal Unicorn / Rock Rhino and got Rock Rhino, Obsidian Cyclops

knj00
03-06-15, 01:44 PM
Ok.... the game is totally broken. I just got this on my 4th try... I never have good odds in FFS. :)

Drachenia
03-06-15, 01:48 PM

Congratulations Kooky Panda, I am glad that you have already got it. Good luck to all of obsidian Cyclops :D

SuzieQ477
03-06-15, 01:52 PM
Congrats! How cool! It's not possible for it to be another Unicorn, so you got the new guy.

Thanks :) It's my first Gem hybrid, I'm quite excited to breed one.

zenobia42
03-06-15, 02:27 PM

The long answer: They do that with the other mono fails for gem hybrids as well. When they instituted it with the emerald dragon 1-hour pandaffodil fails, we nicknamed it the "Emerald Blocker." It blocks you from trying for a gem hybrid over and over in a short period of time for cheap.

The short answer: They'll anything they can possibly think of to make you feel like you have to buy / spend more gems.

orleansparish
03-06-15, 02:28 PM

Tell me about it. It sucks. Thought the animal was limited because it had a timer with the pop up. So used all my gold from Mardi claw and it's gone. Did about ten tries in all and nada. I have yet to have success with a gem animal.

readysetgo888
03-06-15, 02:30 PM
This is definitely NOT a limited animal, despite the goal. The goal is limited, the animal is not.

kooky panda
03-06-15, 03:30 PM
Ok.... the game is totally broken. I just got this on my 4th try... I never have good odds in FFS. :)
HAHA that is what I thought when I got on my 3rd try! :)

ghabra
03-06-15, 03:38 PM
OMG ! Unbelievable. I've just started breeding Unicorn with a Rhino and got a 45-hour breeding time from the 1st try!

Drachenia
03-06-15, 03:43 PM
OMG ! Unbelievable. I've just started breeding Unicorn with a Rhino and got a 45-hour breeding time from the 1st try!

Congratulations on Obsidian Cyclops :D

Drachenia
03-06-15, 03:46 PM

I always breed problems with the Crystal animals, yes agree with you knj00 :D

matiasabad94
03-06-15, 04:23 PM
Unbelievable.

Buttercup0001
03-06-15, 05:56 PM
I don't mind the obsidian cyclops. I would try to breed it only problem is that I don't have a unicorn :(

saucysammis
03-06-15, 08:02 PM
Bravo everyone who is getting it after a few tries. Hope it's still easy when I have a unicorn.

saphiraetti
03-06-15, 08:37 PM
Bravo everyone who is getting it after a few try's. Hope it's still easy when I have a unicorn.

It is not as easy as everyone is saying they were just lucky I have been trying since it came out with no luck. I do want say good luck all and congrats to those who were lucky enough to get it.

jsburas
03-06-15, 08:54 PM
It is not as easy as everyone is saying they were just lucky I have been trying since it came out with no luck. I do want say good luck all and congrats to those who were lucky enough to get it.

Exactly! I have been trying since it came out and even speed the last hour and still haven't gotten it yet

rjazz
03-06-15, 11:01 PM
Exactly! I have been trying since it came out and even speed the last hour and still haven't gotten it yet

Me too, non stop. No luck yet

inespay
03-07-15, 03:27 AM
I got it!!! 45h timer!!! First time ever since the unicorn! I don't have any other gem creature!

keller63
03-07-15, 03:38 AM
Yay!!! Congrats to everyone who's got this fella

Hawksmoor
03-07-15, 05:41 AM
Nothing but 1 hr fails for me so far. At least the fail time is short....Congrats to all who have got it so far!

zenobia42
03-07-15, 08:09 AM

Me too, non stop. No luck yet

Nothing but 1 hr fails for me so far. At least the fail time is short....Congrats to all who have got it so far!

Same here. Since it's a tournament, I am on every hour, and doing the same. But nothing.

Congrats to all the lucky ones!

55lee55
03-07-15, 08:48 AM
Same here. Since it's a tournament, I am on every hour, and doing the same. But nothing.

Congrats to all the lucky ones!

Same here.

Congratulations to our early Cyclops breeders. Nothing yet but a good break from trying for a second Golden Retriever. I bought the first but have not been able to breed the second. My good luck seems to have also slowed with the tournament so I am in a steady breeding mode while I try for this ugly child. I imagine that once I get him he won't seem as ugly to me.

dw9893
03-07-15, 09:10 AM
113 attempts - 113 failures. Never mind won't bother

chiareh
03-07-15, 11:29 AM
4th try-- unicorn and rhino. level 9 unicorn and level 15 rhino. I have the 45 hr timer!! :)

Drachenia
03-07-15, 02:22 PM
Hello this is my baby Cylops, I have could not wait. Thank you for the congratulations and all the Cyclop not have it get it soon good luck.

Monkeh2369
03-07-15, 03:49 PM
No luck for me so far. Like others have said at least the fail time is short!! Congrats to all you lucky ones!!

By the way, how come a Rock Rhino is 1hr breed time but 2hr hatch time??????

A2TUDE
03-08-15, 01:56 AM
After I don't know how many fails but there were a lot!!!

But I got it FINALLY

Good luck everyone :)

ghabra
03-08-15, 03:08 AM
If you ask me what is the ugliest creature of Greek mythology that I dislike I would say the Cyclop. But I don't mind having it as I am gonna get one that will hatch in 2 days. And it's an ultra rare creature.

mymummy789
03-08-15, 08:18 AM
I think the baby is really cute. I wish you could get them to epic status and then make them babies again but retaining the epic earnings

KatiesIslands
03-08-15, 01:12 PM
No luck for me so far. Like others have said at least the fail time is short!! Congrats to all you lucky ones!!

By the way, how come a Rock Rhino is 1hr breed time but 2hr hatch time??????

I am. Sure the 1hour, 2 hour thing is an attempt to "mix it up and make it different". It is just annoying.

EviBrooklyn
03-08-15, 01:57 PM
I'm at 60+ tries and nothing yet. Spent about 200 gems on speed breeding and I stopped as I really don't care if I get it or not.

zenobia42
03-08-15, 02:28 PM
Still no cyclops for me either. I'm amazed at all the folks getting it in their first to fourth or so attempt!

Hawksmoor
03-08-15, 03:04 PM
Still no cyclops for me either. I'm amazed at all the folks getting it in their first to fourth or so attempt!
Me too! Wish I had that luck. Still trying...

EviBrooklyn
03-08-15, 05:27 PM
Wow after almost 70 tries, just got it. I don't really like this animal but that 45-hour timer always feels good

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah236/evibrooklyn75/91A846A6-BD97-4618-82E1-FFF1842F9B5E.png_zpshb6wepsd.jpeg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/evibrooklyn75/media/91A846A6-BD97-4618-82E1-FFF1842F9B5E.png_zpshb6wepsd.jpeg.html)

Melis2a84
03-08-15, 09:01 PM
Wow after almost 70 tries, just got it. I don't really like this animal but that 45-hour timer always feels good

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah236/evibrooklyn75/91A846A6-BD97-4618-82E1-FFF1842F9B5E.png_zpshb6wepsd.jpeg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/evibrooklyn75/media/91A846A6-BD97-4618-82E1-FFF1842F9B5E.png_zpshb6wepsd.jpeg.html)

Yay hun congrats woohoo woohoo

dragonloona
03-08-15, 10:00 PM
Well after spending all of my gems around 4:30pm my time, I did one more try and closed out of game without looking if I got it! (Which I usually do anyway!) Just went into the game at 12:53am just to finish breeding and hatch another rock rhino when I noticed that my timer is still going!!!! Now that's a shock I didn't see coming!!! Now what to breed next lol!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0392_zpsc627e4c7.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0392_zpsc627e4c7.png.html)

dragonloona
03-08-15, 10:02 PM

Congrats with yours, guess we are both lucky today!!! Say I think we're twins!!! Lol

matiasabad94
03-08-15, 11:46 PM
Well after spending all of my gems around 4:30pm my time, I did one more try and closed out of game without looking if I got it! (Which I usually do anyway!) Just went into the game at 12:53am just to finish breeding and hatch another rock rhino when I noticed that my timer is still going!!!! Now that's a shock I didn't see coming!!! Now what to breed next lol!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0392_zpsc627e4c7.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0392_zpsc627e4c7.png.html)

Well that's a nice surprise! Congrats! My cyclops will be ready in about 30 hrs and I don't really know what to breed next either. Maybe another gem hybrid I don't have.

idrispad
03-09-15, 01:19 AM
I like the Cyclops. Unfortunately I will never get one given I have no gem animals.

Gweenykay
03-09-15, 01:49 AM
18963I could have it. Really my heart beat faster! I have such dreadful luck with all crystal animals and bought my unicorn in the offer. I have a 45hr timer!! Unicorn and Cold Turkey and am celebrating which ever one I get!

EviBrooklyn
03-09-15, 02:21 AM
Congrats with yours, guess we are both lucky today!!! Say I think we're twins!!! Lol

Thanks. We should name them the same thing unless randomly they have the same name

Yay hun congrats woohoo woohoo

Thanks Mel :)

dragonloona
03-09-15, 09:27 AM
Thanks. We should name them the same thing unless randomly they have the same name

Thanks Mel :)

I think that's a great idea, though I don't have any names picked out yet lol. (Bet you already know what your going to name it lol) Guess will see what the game names it and if I like it or not lol.

cquinn32
03-09-15, 12:30 PM
Congrats to everyone on your cyclops!! He is evading me

dragonloona
03-09-15, 12:42 PM

Don't worry, I know you will get him soon!!! I thought the same too, even gave up after spending all of my gems and not looking lol!!! I wish you and everyone else who have yet to get one lots and lots of luck!!!

Vodelle
03-09-15, 01:11 PM
At least the fails are short, right? I will personally only 'try' breeding for this when breeding other earth-hybrids by sticking them in with a unicorn. Maybe I'll get lucky - I mean, hey, I got two citrine peregrines that way!

(By the way, and this might not be the thread for it, but I'm hoping there might be some kind of world event soon. I'll be planting 20h crops tonight just in case. I'm mentioning it here because at least rock rhino fails would count for event items I think, unlike trying for the ruby/emerald which you can't do during an event.)

kooky panda
03-09-15, 01:28 PM
I named my Cyclops Tyson- (from a movie!)

dragonloona
03-09-15, 01:43 PM
OK I'm not truly going off topic here, for I just hatched my cyclops.... still not sure on his name, will post pictures later!!

BUT I HAVE HUGE NEWS FOR ALL those who have more than one Crystal unicorn!!! I just put both of my unicorns together and got this NEW breeding outcome for this combo!!!! Pictures of my combo are in the treasure toucan forums!!!! YESS, I just bred a Treasure toucan with 2 Crystal Unicorns!!!!!

matiasabad94
03-09-15, 02:15 PM

I named mine Alcestis, inspired on Euripides' athenian tragedy where Apollo **** the cyclops.

Edit: I loved the Percy Jackson reference by the way, Kooky!

rjazz
03-09-15, 03:44 PM
OK I'm not truly going off topic here, for I just hatched my cyclops.... still not sure on his name, will post pictures later!!

BUT I HAVE HUGE NEWS FOR ALL those who have more than one Crystal unicorn!!! I just put both of my unicorns together and got this NEW breeding outcome for this combo!!!! Pictures of my combo are in the treasure toucan forums!!!! YESS, I just bred a Treasure toucan with 2 Crystal Unicorns!!!!!
I was wondering what would happen fron that breeding since I have 2 unicorns.
If & when I get a cyclops I will name him Eyegore (Igor)

gammarayburst
03-09-15, 04:16 PM

That's how it is in Dragon Story with the Diamond Dragon. When you breed two pure gem animals together (in FFS's case, there is only one pure gem, and it's Crystal Unicorn), you can get ANY other animal that is a pure type. This includes (at this time): Pyro Pony, Pandaffodil, Rock Rhino, Frostfang, Lightning Leopard, Skyger, Crystal Unicorn, Treasure Toucan and Golden Retriever.

dragonloona
03-09-15, 04:41 PM
That's how it is in Dragon Story with the Diamond Dragon. When you breed two pure gem animals together (in FFS's case, there is only one pure gem, and it's Crystal Unicorn), you can get ANY other animal that is a pure type. This includes (at this time): Pyro Pony, Pandaffodil, Rock Rhino, Frostfang, Lightning Leopard, Skyger, Crystal Unicorn, Treasure Toucan and Golden Retriever.

Yes, I too believed it as well but there was no confirmation that treasure toucan COULD be bred with 2 Crystal unicorn. (Though I doubt I'm the first successful breeder in a Treasure toucan through this method, to my knowledge no one else said it can be a possible outcome!)

EviBrooklyn
03-09-15, 07:06 PM
I think that's a great idea, though I don't have any names picked out yet lol. (Bet you already know what your going to name it lol) Guess will see what the game names it and if I like it or not lol.

I'll name mine "unwanted money maker" ... If TL will allow such a long name :eek:

EviBrooklyn
03-09-15, 07:08 PM

Honestly I wouldn't speed breed this one... Not worth it when all you have to wait is 2 hours. I regret spending 200 gems on speed breeding.
Meanwhile I'm crossing my fingers that you get it soon

gammarayburst
03-09-15, 11:23 PM
Got mine! This is probably the fastest I've ever gotten an ultra rare in this game.

Monkeh2369
03-10-15, 03:00 AM
Getting annoyed now!!! On to my 4th day of constant breeding and still getting constant 1hr Rock Rhino fails :mad: :mad: :mad:

Why does TL hate me so much - I can never breed anything new :( :( :( :(

sanya87
03-10-15, 03:54 AM
Got mine! This is probably the fastest I've ever gotten an ultra rare in this game.

Me too! I had around 150 fails trying for emerald dragon and never got it, and now it took me only 30 tries to get this one :)

ghabra
03-10-15, 06:20 AM
Just got my Cyclops

dragonloona
03-10-15, 07:53 AM
I'll name mine "unwanted money maker" ... If TL will allow such a long name :eek:

Sadly the game won't allow that lol, too long. I'm still not sure on my name but will post pictures soon!!

kooky panda
03-10-15, 09:41 AM
I know a lot of you think he is ugly, but he is one of my favorites!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/C832BF10-D290-4576-B371-49054170BF15_zpsohsxtrfk.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/C832BF10-D290-4576-B371-49054170BF15_zpsohsxtrfk.png.html)

Drachenia
03-10-15, 10:08 AM

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/C832BF10-D290-4576-B371-49054170BF15_zpsohsxtrfk.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/C832BF10-D290-4576-B371-49054170BF15_zpsohsxtrfk.png.html)

Yes I agree with you Kooky Panda and took 400 gems for acceleration and get no 2 Cyclops, I find the Cylops is the most beautiful of all the Crystal animals. Above all, it fits well in my forest and I love his look, Cyclops is really mythical.

sweetdeda
03-10-15, 10:09 AM
I like the Cyclops. Unfortunately I will never get one given I have no gem animals.

I'm right there with you, haven't been playing but under a month so I'm trying not to get too discouraged.

miaseatea
03-10-15, 10:16 AM
Finally got a 45hr breed time! I've been trying nonstop (somewhat obsessively) for each goal animal since Matripony (all fails)! I've bred more Rock Rhinos than I can count with my L15 Rhino/ L15 Unicorn. Today I had the idea to keep a baby rhino and level it up to L4 to breed with my L15 Unicorn to change things up. Bam- 45hr count first time 'round. I'm sure it's totally random but I was excited so I thought I'd share! Good luck and don't be discouraged! :)

dragonloona
03-10-15, 10:57 AM

I like him, he's different and cool!! If we had too many cute creatures this game would be dubbed cutie girl fantasy forest!!! Later will try for a second one lol, but for now just trying out my breeding 2 Crystal Unicorns... might get another one or the golden retriever!!!

AuntyRose32
03-10-15, 11:02 AM

I'm with you on that Kooky, he's my favourite of the gem hybrids. I think he's adorable and love the colours. I don't have any gem hybrids yet so I'm really hoping I get this guy. Congrats on getting yours.

Drachenia
03-10-15, 11:37 AM
I like him, he's different and cool!! If we had too many cute creatures this game would be dubbed cutie girl fantasy forest!!! Later will try for a second one lol, but for now just trying out my breeding 2 Crystal Unicorns... might get another one or the golden retriever!!!

Yes you are right Dragonloona and agree with you. Did you get Cylops yet? :D

dragonloona
03-10-15, 06:45 PM
Yes you are right Dragonloona and agree with you. Did you get Cylops yet? :D

Yes I did, in my earlier post, I spent all my gems trying and on last chance I put in my Crystal Unicorn and rock rhino and left game before seeing if I got it!! That was a surprise I didn't expect 8 hours later lol. I'm evolving him now, and will post pictures soon.... like I said I like him, he's different and love his colors!!! (I'm truly hoping for a dark Pegasus gem hybrid here lol!!!)

unto0chable87
03-11-15, 12:47 AM
After many fails, I tried for emerald, just for fun. 45h timer. So I thought: What should I breed now? If the try fails, I don't get coins for the world event, so I tried for toucan. :D And 24h timer. Good luck everyone with lots of "fails". ;)

JanineQuinty
03-11-15, 05:42 AM
I had a lot of fails...mostly the rhino. The guy is not so handsome but I want him! I have a fail of 12 hours now....I don't think I'm gonna make it in time but if the goal ends, I'm gonna try the pygmy giraffe again cuz I still don't have it :(

Monkeh2369
03-11-15, 07:24 AM
Has everyone who got this used a Crystal Unicorn and a Rock Rhino? I am well over 50 fails now using this combo but just wondered whether to try a different combo? To be honest, if I haven't got this by the end of the day I am going to start breeding a Crystal Unicorn with a water and earth animal. I haven't got a Cthulu either so hopefully I can get either a Cyclops or a Cthulu. With the luck I have been having this last couple of months with breeding though I am not going to hold my breath and will probably get fricking repeated Rainguin fails :( :( :(

Drachenia
03-11-15, 07:35 AM
Yes I did, in my earlier post, I spent all my gems trying and on last chance I put in my Crystal Unicorn and rock rhino and left game before seeing if I got it!! That was a surprise I didn't expect 8 hours later lol. I'm evolving him now, and will post pictures soon.... like I said I like him, he's different and love his colors!!! (I'm truly hoping for a dark Pegasus gem hybrid here lol!!!)

Oh right, I forgot Dragonloona that you have written it in a previous post. I hope I get a Cyclops with breeding Sapphire Cthulhu/ Bulldog get. Dark Crystal Animal I wish my hellhound, or devil mother in law, or in the direction of something evil mythical creature :D

SuzieQ477
03-11-15, 07:39 AM
Has everyone who got this used a Crystal Unicorn and a Rock Rhino? I am well over 50 fails now using this combo but just wondered whether to try a different combo? To be honest, if I haven't got this by the end of the day I am going to start breeding a Crystal Unicorn with a water and earth animal. I haven't got a Cthulu either so hopefully I can get either a Cyclops or a Cthulu. With the luck I have been having this last couple of months with breeding though I am not going to hold my breath and will probably get fricking repeated Rainguin fails :( :( :(

I got it using the Crystal Unicorn and Dream Bat as I was also trying for Super Rare Dark/Rock at the time.

55lee55
03-11-15, 03:39 PM
I have never tried this long or had this many fails for any animal to get the first one. I have been trying nonstop since it was released, setting my alarm to get up around the clock, and I have sped with over 100 gems as well.

This might be the end of my full album which is the only reason I am still playing this game.

There is still time but I am sure getting tired of breeding the same animals ovr and over. I was trying for a second Golden Retriever in spare time, but this little one eyed guy is avoiding me and I have no spre time, lol

Are there any left to breed anymore? Maybe there is a secret Cyclops shortage ;)

EviBrooklyn
03-11-15, 08:10 PM
I have never tried this long or had this many fails for any animal to get the first one. I have been trying nonstop since it was released, setting my alarm to get up around the clock, and I have sped with over 100 gems as well.

This might be the end of my full album which is the only reason I am still playing this game.

There is still time but I am sure getting tired of breeding the same animals ovr and over. I was trying for a second Golden Retriever in spare time, but this little one eyed guy is avoiding me and I have no spre time, lol

Are there any left to breed anymore? Maybe there is a secret Cyclops shortage ;)

At least the fails are only 2 hours ( considering the hatching time)

dragonloona
03-11-15, 11:17 PM
Finally my cyclops (named Zargon) finished evolving, and finally posting pictures..... and that's not the only great news!!!! After my surprise treasure toucan from 2 Crystal Unicorns, I continued breeding my Crystal Unicorns together just to see if a golden retriever could also be a possibility. And what do you know, I'm going to be a proud mommy for a second golden retriever!! (And this time the parents, aren't even adults yet lol!! I love my unicorns!!!)

Now is just evolving everyone to level 10+ now... cant wait for Zargon to reach level 10, he's cool as an adult... but he was also cool as a baby lol. (pictures of my 2 Crystal Unicorns breeding the golden retriever is in the golden retriever forums!!!)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0398_zpsf10d5eac.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0398_zpsf10d5eac.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0406_zps32882881.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/Mobile%20Uploads/IMG_0406_zps32882881.png.html)

dragonloona
03-11-15, 11:22 PM

Lol, if there is, I wish you will get one of those secret cyclops soon!!! Send lots of luck to your park and to all who have yet to get one!!!! (Since I seem to be very lucky lately... 3 ultra Rares in one week!!! That's never happened to me since my baby crystal unicorns way back when lol!!)

zenobia42
03-12-15, 07:30 AM
Congrats, dragonloona, and all the lucky folks who managed to breed this!

I am still trying for this guy. I don't have a citrine peregrin yet either, so I am breeding various electric-earths with the unicorn. The fails on that combo are so far always 12 hours... which is good for 2 things right now: 1) guaranteed 2 bombs every time whereas breeding the unicorn with rock rhino usually yields no bombs at all, and 2) a new egg every 12 hours on the dot is also good for event time - easy to be sure to get 24 shamrock coins per day. However, no cyclops. Nor citrine. But I have only ever managed to breed a gem hybrid through the tiny windows that they are 100%. My luck is such that, in 5 months since I bred a unicorn, other than those 100% times, I've never ever ever ever ever managed a gem hybrid. So I'm not holding my breath that my luck will suddenly change on that front.

cquinn32
03-12-15, 12:10 PM
Yay my unicorn and rhino are finally doing the 45hr dance!! Congrats to all that bred this one (especially you dragonloona on your crazy lucky streak) and good luck to those still trying!!

EviBrooklyn
03-12-15, 01:46 PM
Congrats Cquinn. I knew you'd make it. You'll probably still in time for the 10 gem reward also

littlebridge
03-13-15, 07:14 AM
Guys, I have a question: I finally hatched this one this morning after what feels like seeing only rhinos for weeks. Do I have to speed him up to get the reward? Or does 'having' mean on the nest? Thanks!

Monkeh2369
03-13-15, 07:42 AM
Guys, I have a question: I finally hatched this one this morning after what feels like seeing only rhinos for weeks. Do I have to speed him up to get the reward? Or does 'having' mean on the nest? Thanks!

You will need to hatch him so you will have to speed it up if you want to get the reward. Congrats - wish I was as lucky!!

55lee55
03-13-15, 07:48 AM
Looks like this is my fail. With just a few hours to go, I don't have him. I would speed him to hatch, but with just a few times left, unlikely. Guess I will spend down my gems and take leave of this game too. The only reason I stayed after the snafus pulled by the developers was because I had a full album. Will soon be down to one S8 game which will reduce the stress and spend level greatly from what it used to be. Guess this slow wean is working after all :)

cquinn32
03-13-15, 07:56 AM
Congrats Cquinn. I knew you'd make it. You'll probably still in time for the 10 gem reward also

Thanks Evi!!

@55lee55 it is only the goal for ten gems that has a timer not the Cyclops itself. Keep trying, you will get it!!

readysetgo888
03-13-15, 07:57 AM
Just because the goal is expiring, doesn't mean the animal is. This is a permanent animal. You can breed it whenever, the goal for gems just won't be there.

Goals don't indicate that an animal is limited.

All limited animals have been clearly marked as limited in some way - with at least 3-4 days left to breed them at that time. And no gem hybrids have ever been limited.

littlebridge
03-13-15, 07:57 AM
Thanks! I'm just as amazed as you are! :)

55lee55
03-13-15, 08:33 AM
Just because the goal is expiring, doesn't mean the animal is. This is a permanent animal. You can breed it whenever, the goal for gems just won't be there.

Goals don't indicate that an animal is limited.

All limited animals have been clearly marked as limited in some way - with at least 3-4 days left to breed them at that time. And no gem hybrids have ever been limited.

Yeah, I know. But the only reason I have stayed this long was that I had a full album. Now I am missing an animal. If I do get him before my gems run out, I will stay. But for me the only reason I am playing is because I had a full album. No reason to stay now, and it is another TL game I can stop throwing money at :)

I am speaking with my pocket book, and that is why I have trimmed down to the games I really had a reason to keep playing. My reason just went away for this game. Of course I might breed an Obsidian, but not setting my alarm for it and going to try for a second Retreiver for most of the remainder of the Event because the maintenance is a lot less :)

reddog7281
03-17-15, 05:25 PM
Yeah, I know. But the only reason I have stayed this long was that I had a full album. Now I am missing an animal. If I do get him before my gems run out, I will stay. But for me the only reason I am playing is because I had a full album. No reason to stay now, and it is another TL game I can stop throwing money at :)

I am speaking with my pocket book, and that is why I have trimmed down to the games I really had a reason to keep playing. My reason just went away for this game. Of course I might breed an Obsidian, but not setting my alarm for it and going to try for a second Retreiver for most of the remainder of the Event because the maintenance is a lot less :)

I finally got this one now I need the water and fire gem which have unsuccessful getting. Good luck to all

ArcadiaTofu
03-26-15, 11:18 AM
Finally. Thought this would never happen >.<

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36232258/Photo%20Mar%2026%2C%201%2015%2035%20PM.png

rjazz
03-26-15, 12:23 PM
Congrats, I'm going to start trying for him again!

msb283
03-27-15, 05:01 AM
Have had about 100 fails already, sooo frustrating I can't get him (bringing me back to when it took me ages to get a unicorn!) :mad:

55lee55
04-05-15, 09:28 PM
I haven't counted my fails but they are many more than I have had for any of the other animals. I can't seem to get this little guy no matter how hard I try. Still trying to get him as he is the only one keeping me from my full album. Guess there has to be one to keep me busy between new animals but the fail is quite boring, always the same :D

Hawksmoor
04-08-15, 05:02 PM
I have a lot of fails, been trying since it was released but no luck so far, but I'm not speeding or always trying every day. Anyhoo, I have a question. I've only produced 1hr Rock Rhino's with every attempt so far. Wouldn't/shouldn't the unicorn and rock rhino combo produce another kind of animal? I thought that since the unicorn supposedly contains 4 elements I might have produced at least something else by now?

55lee55
04-10-15, 03:15 PM
I had been trying day and night and couldn't get this nearsighted little guy no matter wht I did. i was breeding with a Crystal and Rhino, both Epics, Level 15.

After my experience in recent battles where I lost using my strongest Epics but won when I used the same rarity and element combination but with non-Epic animals, I decided to give it a try with one parent that was non-epic. I was floored to see the breeding resulted in getting Obsidian immediately, after getting up nightly to breed my Epic parents without success.

I am beginning to believe that having an Epic of an animal is the equivilent of neutering it and taking away it's battle training. I have a nearly full album with the addition of Obsidian, all but the newest animal, and I have at least one super or ultra rare Epic version of every battle combination. It seems that my investment in bringing my animals to their Epic form has been working against me. I have been playing FFS since the beginning.

I wish there was a way to devolve most of my animals as I like the look of the pre-Epic form of most of them and I only invested time, money, and crops to make so many Epics because I believed that they would be an advantage in battle, and possibly breeding as well. My experience has recently indicated the exact opposite.

Have any other long term players with many Epic forms noticed this seemingly counterintiuitive game behavior against Epic forms of the animals recently in their game play?

unto0chable87
04-13-15, 11:54 PM
So after many many fails of the money badger, I tried three times! Rhino with crystal unicorn and? Got it! 45h timer My third gem animal and all are a lucky gift threw breeding. :)

Rhino lvl 15, unicorn lvl 11.

So, good luck everybody!

And the only animals with that combo are rhino and obsidian cyclops. ;)

zenobia42
04-14-15, 07:29 AM
Congrats, un-touchable!
Edit: I typed that with no dash an it CENSORED it! WTF?

I am still trying myself. Putting an earth hybrid in my den with the unicorn 24/7. Nothing. No citrine either though I've been using electric-earth every time. And no cthulhu when I try unicorn with eater-earth. It's beyond frustrating.

msb283
04-14-15, 04:16 PM
I haven't counted my fails but they are many more than I have had for any of the other animals. I can't seem to get this little guy no matter how hard I try. Still trying to get him as he is the only one keeping me from my full album. Guess there has to be one to keep me busy between new animals but the fail is quite boring, always the same :D

I've been having the same problem! Its so frustrating. I've been trying for it since it came out in between other new releases and on repeat when I get all the new ones and I just can't get it :(

Marmalademuffin
04-26-15, 10:12 AM
I was trying for the new space animals and got this as a fail! Crazy because I already have one. I am keeping both because he is pretty cute.

zenobia42
04-26-15, 10:23 AM
I was trying for the new space animals and got this as a fail! Crazy because I already have one. I am keeping both because he is pretty cute.

Congrats!

Still trying here. Have been breeding unicorn + water-earth since the space animals were released, and before that I was breeding straight-up rock rhino & unicorn for about a week (especially during the last tournament - I was online every hour and would spend 1 gem to speed the rhino egg, then try rhino + unicorn every hour). Before that, I was trying for the 1-week limited rabbit, and before that, the presumably soon-to-be-limited ape. Needless to say, I did not get the ape or the bunny or either space animal... nor the cyclops. I got...

Nothing.

For the last 26 days, I have had unicorn and earth & sometimes a third element in the den and been breeding and speed breeding constantly and gotten...

Nothing.

I am beginning to feel very sure that I will NEVER be allowed to breed a gem hybrid except during the "glitches" of which there have been none for 4 months, and is looking like there will never be another.

55lee55
04-26-15, 12:56 PM
I got my Obsidian Cyclops after my last post here! It can be done but it was the longest and most boring try for any animal in my Forest so far. I didn't like the looks of the Cyclops in the beginning but now that I have him I find him quite adorable.

My luck is back it seems and I not only got this little guy but I bred my second Money Badger as well. They are out there but it can be extremely frustrating when you try and try with nothing to show for it. Don't give up hope folks. I have seen it happen :D

msb283
05-04-15, 07:30 PM
Praise the lord I finally got it! After 200 fails!! :)

zenobia42
05-04-15, 07:54 PM
Congrats, msb283! I've probably only tried about 150 times myself. Maybe if I stick with this game for another 50 tries (which can only happen when the current limited animal has earth in it (and no fire or nature - I don't want an emerald or a ruby fail)... I'll get a cyclops too.

It's clearly more likely at this point that I'll get struck by lightning.

msb283
05-05-15, 04:32 AM
Congrats, msb283! I've probably only tried about 150 times myself. Maybe if I stick with this game for another 50 tries (which can only happen when the current limited animal has earth in it (and no fire or nature - I don't want an emerald or a ruby fail)... I'll get a cyclops too.

It's clearly more likely at this point that I'll get struck by lightning.

Haha I've felt the exact same way this whole time, I've NEVER had this much a problem getting an animal before. Hang in there, it'll happen when you least expect like it did for me! :D