PDA

View Full Version : Mithril - what to do with it?

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 04:05 PM
I have one Mithril. I have both the Troll King (Excalibam) goal, and the jousting goal (For Glimmerwood), which each require one Mithril. Which is the one I should do first? Is there anything else I should save it for instead of one of those two?

Thanks!

burritosprings
03-03-15, 04:23 PM
I have one Mithril. I have both the Troll King (Excalibam) goal, and the jousting goal (For Glimmerwood), which each require one Mithril. Which is the one I should do first? Is there anything else I should save it for instead of one of those two?

Thanks!

If you need it to progress use it. Mithril is one of the main items that many find a major hurdle. Relying on deep mine drops for it are an exercise in hair pulling with needle nose pliers. And to make it requires the alcahemy shard from tablet which is another chance to go bald. Buying Mithril Dragon for 400 gems solves all these issues.

GarfieldandPookie
03-03-15, 04:26 PM
You can also get mithril from the jeweler's trade.

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 05:14 PM

Is that a guaranteed thing? I don't have this trade yet. I'm level 24.

I got my Mithril from Sir Pig a while ago... haven't gotten another once since I got either of these goals.

I do plan to use it - I just would love some opinions on which goal I should do! Since I can only do one currently.

burritosprings
03-03-15, 05:37 PM
Is that a guaranteed thing? I don't have this trade yet. I'm level 24.

I got my Mithril from Sir Pig a while ago... haven't gotten another once since I got either of these goals.

I do plan to use it - I just would love some opinions on which goal I should do! Since I can only do one currently.

Thereis one goal that requires upgrade Deep mine to lvl 5. And that requires i think 20 mithril. To be honest i bought a mithril dragon on one account and limped along on second account. Once you get past that gaol that needs upgrade of deep mine then mithril is worthless. Add. Unless u want to upgrade both. Which is awesome btw��

burritosprings
03-03-15, 05:42 PM

Yeah when stephen hawking walks on his own you will get one

GarfieldandPookie
03-03-15, 05:53 PM
I have got 4/6 of my mirthril from the jewler's trade. However, it is not a guaranteed drop. I'm pretty sure you get the trade when you reach level 25. Do you have a deep mine? You can get mithril from there. If you use it to make the sword, you can follow the troll quest line. It has 5 parts and is quite long. However, if you use it for the jousting area, you can do the 1st and 2nd anniversary quests.

burritosprings
03-03-15, 06:00 PM
I have got 4/6 of my mirthril from the jewler's trade. However, it is not a guaranteed drop. I'm pretty sure you get the trade when you reach level 25. Do you have a deep mine? You can get mithril from there. If you use it to make the sword, you can follow the troll quest line. It has 5 parts and is quite long. However, if you use it for the jousting area, you can do the 1st and 2nd anniversary quests.

I got 1 mithril in 20 jewelers trade. Trade is worthless. Rely on mines

tuffyjkitten
03-03-15, 08:46 PM
I used to get mithril all the time from the jewelers trade. Now that I need it for the discover adamant goal I have gotten 1 in the last 3 weeks and that was from the deep mine. :mad:

anurulz
03-03-15, 10:29 PM
I do the jeweller trade often coz my mermaid scales are scanty at the moment..yet to get even a single mithril from it...tho i still havent reached goals to actually use it, have had couple drops from the level 1 deep mine and a mithril and adamant drop from sir pig...

CuteTali
03-03-15, 11:01 PM
Thereis one goal that requires upgrade Deep mine to lvl 5. And that requires i think 20 mithril. To be honest i bought a mithril dragon on one account and limped along on second account. Once you get past that gaol that needs upgrade of deep mine then mithril is worthless. Add. Unless u want to upgrade both. Which is awesome btw��

Thanks for all the great tips in this one post! I am actually just starting on the upgrade process for the deep mine(s) today for my other account.

I was also wondering whether to take one all the way to level 5 or level them both at the same time, one level at a time, so that the timer is almost always the same.

I haven't gotten to the goal that requires it to be at level 5 yet, but I've crafted the Excallibum sword and just finished part 1&2 of the anniversary goals.

I've heard the upgrades on these mines are a really long and annoying process, this is why I've put it off for so long. It's pretty annoying thuogh, how we get 4 resource buildings for stone and only 2 for wood. Even if the other 2 would drop the exact same drops as the current wood mills, they need to balance things there. I've always got more stone than I need and not enough wood.

Also, even more importantly, they really need to raise the amount of energy one can hold past level 25-30 to 100 or so. I find it harder and harder to play with the base of 40 that we get, it's so little. I can barely pick up all the important drops, never have any extra at all for buying trees and chopping them down for wood either or picking up crops and that's with now 2 fully upgraded wizard schools.

VanaCatu
03-04-15, 12:50 AM
right now i'm in the place where 3 lines stuck over mithril (:
I had only 4 mithril, and needed 30!
- 10 for #17 dragon egg
- 10 for #19-1 glimmergate
- 10 for #21-1 faeries

I did faery respite first, now will try to pass glimmergate.
dragon will be left for good...

I have only 2 shards at the moment, so jewelers trade is only normal way to get mithril for me. from last trade I got 2 mithrils, right now got 2 adamants instead... it's not so easy, coz those lines also require plenty of jewels... but step by step i'm doing it.
it's good that I had what to do, coz I had troll tribe. but now it's almost over, so for long time i'll be left with only running for mithril )))

tvangstanke
03-04-15, 01:06 AM
Thanks for all the great tips in this one post! I am actually just starting on the upgrade process for the deep mine(s) today for my other account.

I was also wondering whether to take one all the way to level 5 or level them both at the same time, one level at a time, so that the timer is almost always the same.

I would prioritise fully upgrading one first. You may come across a goal that requires collecting from a lvl 5 deep mine.
Also parallel upgrading two deep mines will stress the same resource demands, and quite possibly take you a longer time than doing them one by one.

PurpleScorpion76
03-04-15, 02:26 AM
The troll line has much more storyline to come. Just make sure you do the jousting goal before the anniversary in August, then if like last year they continue it, you'll be able to join in with everyone else. Of course they could go a different route but let's face it what kingdom back in the day didn't have regular tournaments!

Mithril is not a guaranteed drop from the jewellers trade. I've received 1 in the times I've done it, and 1 Adamant and usually only do it when I need silver and or iron ore.

readysetgo888
03-04-15, 10:42 AM
The troll line has much more storyline to come. Just make sure you do the jousting goal before the anniversary in August, then if like last year they continue it, you'll be able to join in with everyone else. Of course they could go a different route but let's face it what kingdom back in the day didn't have regular tournaments!

Mithril is not a guaranteed drop from the jewellers trade. I've received 1 in the times I've done it, and 1 Adamant and usually only do it when I need silver and or iron ore.

Thank you!

AuntyRose32
03-04-15, 10:51 AM
I bought the Mithril Dragon and solved all my problems. Although I have to say my deep mines were pretty good about dropping it compared to some people who's drop rate was really terrible. I'm permanently maxed on it now because I don't have anything to use it on, which to be honest is okay with me because it is positively nerve wracking waiting for Mithril to drop and I'm sure TL are gonna introduce a new goal/quest line that will need it in the future so I don't regret buying my dragon. I might start to upgrade my second deep mine to level 5 and use some of it up that way.

AuntyRose32
03-04-15, 10:57 AM
right now i'm in the place where 3 lines stuck over mithril (:
I had only 4 mithril, and needed 30!
- 10 for #17 dragon egg
- 10 for #19-1 glimmergate
- 10 for #21-1 faeries

I did faery respite first, now will try to pass glimmergate.
dragon will be left for good...

I have only 2 shards at the moment, so jewelers trade is only normal way to get mithril for me. from last trade I got 2 mithrils, right now got 2 adamants instead... it's not so easy, coz those lines also require plenty of jewels... but step by step i'm doing it.
it's good that I had what to do, coz I had troll tribe. but now it's almost over, so for long time i'll be left with only running for mithril )))

Wish I could send you some of my Mithril or gift you some even.

It sounds like you have a good plan of attack anyway, so keep at it and that mithril will come, like you said, step by step. I like that some of the quests take so long, I'd hate to have everything done already. Good luck to you.

VanaCatu
03-04-15, 11:09 AM
tks, Aunty (: luck is really good thing for rare drops, nothing to talk about ultra-rare )))

and yeah, of course i have a plan! my hubby laughs each time i'm diggin in excel sheet, lol ))))))

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=34639&d=1480140687

AuntyRose32
03-04-15, 11:17 AM
tks, Aunty (: luck is really good thing for rare drops, nothing to talk about ultra-rare )))

and yeah, of course i have a plan! my hubby laughs each time i'm diggin in excel sheet, lol ))))))

http://fs204.www.ex.ua/get/154353013/plan.JPG

Wow....to say I'm impressed is an understatement! Nice job VanaCatu.

Lunaticus
03-05-15, 09:11 PM
@Vana I love your inventory... spreadsheets it is. Sweeeet.

I have 10 mithril. Some frim deep mines, some from adventures.

readysetgo888
04-12-15, 12:43 PM
Alright, here's another good question... which goal first? 10 mithril to unlock glimmergate or 10 mithril to get a dragon?

I have to say, this is really discouraging. At the rate mithril seems to drop, I feel like it's going to take months and months to get past both of these goals. I understand long term goals but this seems absurd.

How long did it take most of you to get the mithril for these goals? How many months of torture lol. And how long did it take to get the 4th shard? I only have two shards (does everyone get them in the same order?) If I at least had the shard it wouldn't feel so hopeless because I could just use all my energy chopping up rocks and making it... slowly, but at least I would be able to do something to make progress, as opposed for waiting for random lottery winnings. I feel like I'm never going to get that shard. It's been over two months since I got my last shard.

I know, I'm just whining. I feel like the game is trying to strong arm me into buying a mithril dragon.

One more question, does upgrading the deep mine increase the chances of it giving mithril? I don't care about the shorter collection time... in order for me to be able to get in an additional collection per day, it would have to be on a 7 hour reset, and I don't think it ever gets that. So upgrading it is useless for me, unless that increases very rare drops.

queentina3
04-12-15, 02:57 PM
I'd go for the 10 Mithril to get the dragon as the Glimmergate portion of goals will require Mythic Essence, which requires Dragon Scales to make.

Mithril is a very rare drop and it did take many months to accumulate enough, even those like me that had the fourth shard doesn't make it that much easier since it takes over 2 days for Mithril to make and with only 2 forges......

The shards dropped for me about one every few months, if I recall right. It took almost a year, I believe, to get all of them and I tended to my tablet every chance I could.

There is a goal that is going to force you to have at least one deep mine at level 5, and I think it's during/after the Glimmergate line (maybe with Greselda or her Dark Garden), don't feel like checking but I know it's in there somewhere. No, the drop chance for Mithril doesn't change, but I DID notice that instead of say only 1 Silver, I'd get 2 or 3, so.....There is that benefit to it. The same goes with all the resource buildings, with exception of the jeweler and windmill (those seem to drop the same no matter what, at least for me).

vulpesvulpes1
04-12-15, 05:57 PM
Got mithril on each of the last 2 jeweler trades but need more and am stuck re. mystery essence.
Update: got mithril on last 4 jeweler trades and finally got mystery essences.

mehershey
04-13-15, 08:21 PM
Alright, here's another good question... which goal first? 10 mithril to unlock glimmergate or 10 mithril to get a dragon?

I have to say, this is really discouraging. At the rate mithril seems to drop, I feel like it's going to take months and months to get past both of these goals. I understand long term goals but this seems absurd.

How long did it take most of you to get the mithril for these goals? How many months of torture lol. And how long did it take to get the 4th shard? I only have two shards (does everyone get them in the same order?) If I at least had the shard it wouldn't feel so hopeless because I could just use all my energy chopping up rocks and making it... slowly, but at least I would be able to do something to make progress, as opposed for waiting for random lottery winnings. I feel like I'm never going to get that shard. It's been over two months since I got my last shard.

I know, I'm just whining. I feel like the game is trying to strong arm me into buying a mithril dragon.

One more question, does upgrading the deep mine increase the chances of it giving mithril? I don't care about the shorter collection time... in order for me to be able to get in an additional collection per day, it would have to be on a 7 hour reset, and I don't think it ever gets that. So upgrading it is useless for me, unless that increases very rare drops.

Oddly, I started getting Mithril well before I needed it (and before I found these forums so I didn't even know what it was going to be used for. I started both the Glimmergate and the dragon quest and now I'm stuck waiting for bestiary books to drop and to have enough silver- that is where my game slowed way down. I've been playing diligently for almost 10 days since starting the dragon quest and I still only have three books. As for the Glimmergate, I just got my 4th shard and activated it - I've been playing about 5 months and am on level 35. I feel like different people get different bottlenecks depending on how they set up their game and what quests they have already done - hopefully you wine have as much trouble getting bestiaries as I am!

totalwasteoftime
04-14-15, 12:56 AM
You could post in the "Help Me" thread for advise on which goal to do first. You can also check the Hub thread if you haven't already to see what comes next in each goal line. I'm at level 35 and have my opinion would be to start with the Troll King one because there are so many strings of goals and a storyline around the trolls that's much more extensive than the Anniversary ones.

readysetgo888
04-14-15, 09:27 AM
Yeah! I got 2 mithril on my second jeweler's trade. I feel like I won the lottery lol. Only, like, 30 more to go to complete all the goals...

Inachis2V
07-16-16, 01:53 PM
Hello, I need help. It's just a stupid question : I recently had a goal asking 10 mithril, during another goal which required 20 ( it's the "Just Discovered Fire"). I still have this last one. And I remember asking myself which I would do because I had already 11 mithril.
I can't remember what I did (shame on me !!!!!), but the fact is : now, I don't have only 1 mithril, and only one goal asking 20 mithril. But I can't remember which goal I did to spend 10 mithril.
Does anyone have an idea ??

federerGOAT
07-17-16, 03:35 AM
Hello, I need help. It's just a stupid question : I recently had a goal asking 10 mithril, during another goal which required 20 ( it's the "Just Discovered Fire"). I still have this last one. And I remember asking myself which I would do because I had already 11 mithril.
I can't remember what I did (shame on me !!!!!), but the fact is : now, I don't have only 1 mithril, and only one goal asking 20 mithril. But I can't remember which goal I did to spend 10 mithril.
Does anyone have an idea ??

Do you have a deep mine?
Levelling up requires 10 mithril.

Inachis2V
07-17-16, 05:26 AM
Yes, I have a deep mine ! And I just upgraded it to level 3 ;-)
Thank you so much, you saved my memory ;-)