PDA

View Full Version : New recipes 3-3-2015- HomeRun/Triple Decker

infinitelove19
03-03-15, 07:30 AM
There are seven new 3 star recipes.

Getting 3 stars in fried eggs, French toast, and breakfast sandwiches unlocks the Home Run Breakfast

Getting 3 stars in grilled cheese, French dip, BLTs, and wish sandwiches (oops, I mean cucumber sandwiches) unlocks the Triple Decker Sandwich.

The other recipes don't have mastery beyond the first star, even if the UI makes it look like they do.

So I mastered breakfast sandwich ages ago, but another progress bar showed up. Halfway to ??Double-mastery??

Anyone else having progress bars for things already mastered??
No new goals...?

edit(KP)

Walt;1068655']Sorry for any confusion with the new Mastery levels. The newest version of the Mastery system has had some changes.

We've listened to your feedback and some of the amounts of the dishes you need to achieve the first Mastery level have been lowered. If you are seeing more cooked than what is requested, this is because with the previous version of the Mastery system, you would not have achieved the first Mastery level. We have reduced the requirements on some recipes to make it easier for players to achieve their first Mastery Star, and allow you to immediately begin progress towards your second Mastery Star.

edit(KP)
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18691&d=1425479445 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18691&d=1425479445)

princessimogen
03-03-15, 07:56 AM
So I mastered breakfast sandwich ages ago, but another progress bar showed up. Halfway to ??Double-mastery??

Anyone else having progress bars for things already mastered??
No new goals...?

YES!!!! For some recipes, not all of them. I'm so annoyed. There is no benefit to mastering them except this one recipe that isn't that great. I never wanted to make 100 grilled cheese or 70 breakfast sandwiches or 115 BLTs again! Of course the level 2 mastery is only for the most useless recipes, not the ones I actually like making that earn the best profit. This seems like an easy way for the developers to give you something to do without making it rewarding or interesting.

tiggerhobbes
03-03-15, 08:18 AM
A long time ago I actually started a thread saying the exact same thing, late introduction of mastery goals really punishes upper level players that have already graduated to much better recipes and have their counter tops tied up to stockpile of dishes that we've built up in the past months. We have to either delete months worth of dishes to get into the goals, or give up the goals.

You are supposed to be able to buy more counters at level 56, that way at least players that keep playing will have more counters to deal with increased number of appliances and recipes as they level up. But they capped the levels at 49 so upper level players are in this limbo with stockpile of old dishes, new goal to redo beginner worthless recipes, and no way to get those counters that we are supposed to get at level 56.

PraxisOfGood
03-03-15, 08:31 AM
I don't really see the problem. If you don't think that making 170 fried eggs, French toast, and breakfast sandwiches are worth the rewards they offer, then don't. Continue to follow your own goals; the game will keep working just the same.

tiggerhobbes
03-03-15, 08:36 AM
It's a problem because they introduced them late.

Basically I already did all those dishes over and over again early in the game, but because they implemented mastery points late in the game I didn't get the stars even though I already made a lot of those dishes. If you are just starting the game now then you will not run into problems, but if you are already advanced in the game then you are indeed caught in a limbo and have to either give up a core part of the game goal or go back to do something that makes no logical sense, that only happened because they didn't implement these basic game points in the beginning.

infinitelove19
03-03-15, 08:50 AM
Okay, so the 'second' mastering of breakfast sandwiches asked me to do 70. I just finished that, and another 'mastery' is available if I do 100. This is just weird.

The only other recipe that seems to have a sequel mastery option is french toast, which I have both mastered, and still has a 'progress' bar to master. Again. No rewards, mind you, just a progress bar. Weird.

PraxisOfGood
03-03-15, 09:48 AM

Getting 3 stars in fried eggs, French toast, and breakfast sandwiches unlocks the Home Run Breakfast

Getting 3 stars in grilled cheese, French dip, BLTs, and wish sandwiches (oops, I mean cucumber sandwiches) unlocks the Triple Decker Sandwich.

The other recipes don't have mastery beyond the first star, even if the UI makes it look like they do.

infinitelove19
03-03-15, 10:40 AM

Thanks for sharing, but how do you know this? I have no new goal, no sign of a Triple Decker, just never-ending mastery for breakfast sandwiches...?

edit: Never mind. I see there is a new update in the app store. Guessing I need that to see new stuff properly!

RobsAngel91214
03-03-15, 11:17 AM
I just mastered what was needed for the home run breakfast but I don't have the mastery set page showing on mine for some reason. Is there another update since the update that started the mastery for the bitterballen?? Help plz :/

infinitelove19
03-03-15, 11:55 AM
I just mastered what was needed for the home run breakfast but I don't have the mastery set page showing on mine for some reason. Is there another update since the update that started the mastery for the bitterballen?? Help plz :/

Did you have a goal for home run breakfast? I have no goal.
There is a new update available in just the last day.

I can see two new recipes, both 'locked by goal.'. But I have no goals. Am level 49.

nmishii
03-03-15, 12:10 PM
If you tap on either of the new recipes locked by goal on the appliance's menu, you will get a page showing the mastery sets. If you tap the rewards icon in a mastery set you can see the ingredients needed to cook the new mastery recipe.

i don't have new goals in the upper left of the page. I guess you have to think of the mastery set page being the goal page.

RobsAngel91214
03-03-15, 01:22 PM
After reading posts here I went and checked for an update. Usually I get a notification when my games have updates but in this case did not. I did the update and now have the mastery sets. I am two stars on French Toast working on 3rd and still need two stars on Eggs and Breakfast Sandwiches to get the Home Run Breakfast unlocked. Also about to finish the steak and eggs toward the bitterballen. Good luck all :)

mamareader02
03-03-15, 01:48 PM
So should we just go ahead towards the new recipes...or wait for an actual goal to pop up?

PraxisOfGood
03-03-15, 02:08 PM
Assuming you have updated the game, I think you just go ahead and do it. Your progress is tracked through a tab in the cookbook rather than a quest like we had for bitterballen.

cquinn32
03-03-15, 04:33 PM
So I updated the game and noticed that there is no longer a tab for the valentine cards where have they gone?

aurorasreds
03-03-15, 05:01 PM
Provide the option to get rid of or hide all the Facebook []I am growing increasingly disappointed in all of the "updates"! As a result I am simply reminded why I quit playing this game in the first place!

Beecause
03-03-15, 05:24 PM
I removed the valentine version & now am redowlaoding it.
Hoping those 50+ cards i collected are still there as im almost at level 47
and was going to get that last recipe.

Yikes

nmishii
03-03-15, 06:27 PM
The valentine cards are stored on the server but not displayed on the regular version. When you go to make the heartberry tart the appliance will know how many cards you have.

when you get to level 47 you will also be able to unlock the strawberry shortcake and strawberry smoothie. Strawberries replenish every 6 hrs and each recipe needs 2 or 3. It's not like it was when unlocking cucumbers and mayo ... Strawberries don't show up in the street market that often. The heartberry tart has the lowest profit. I haven't made the heartberry tart since unlocking it since I'd rather use my strawberries on the other recipes. But it's only been a few days.

islandtyme
03-03-15, 06:43 PM
Annoying spice window pop up. Please remove TL. Not impressed with update. Better before update. Ususally you guys do such a good job. Too many new games has you all over worked.

travelingcircus
03-03-15, 06:49 PM
I agree about the Facebook hands. They take up way too much room on my screen. Also my list of received gifts from my neighbors has disappeared so have no idea who has gifted over the last couple days to return the gifts.

I do not play with Facebook friends so that tab is totally useless to me.

Beecause
03-03-15, 08:12 PM
Thanks for info about the cards nmishii.

Agree with the spice pop up window - it was better before when it only appeared if you had spice made.

I hope the facebook hands thing is a short offer & is gone soon.

PraxisOfGood
03-03-15, 09:00 PM
It is strange that you rebranded and came up with a nifty storm 8 logo, but you made the Facebook logo larger in the current page. I also hope that its prominence is temporary.

I like some of the spice changes but not others. Thank you for adding the empty mortar and pestle to highlight when the spice grinder is being unused. But I don't see the point of popping up an empty window when I'm looking at an i spiced recipe but have no spices anyways. It's inelegant and blocks my view of my restaurant.

tiggerhobbes
03-03-15, 11:50 PM
Yikes, the blue forum looks kind of cold and depressing, I used to feel bright and excited coming here to the orange themed forum to chit chat.

I'm excited about the pizza stove though :-). Can't wait, hopefully they are not related to these mastery recipes because I've decided it's not worth deleting my higher level dishes to do them.

I'm already regularly making the existing 3 pizzas in my restaurant, I definitely want to turn mine into a pizzeria! Can't wait!

rosewaterlily
03-04-15, 12:44 AM
I also dislike the giant facebook helping hands, please let us hide them or make the hands much smaller. I don't play with facebook friends so it's useless and tacky.

Can anyone who gets through the breakfast goals tell us what the home run breakfast recipe is worth? I decided to work on the triple decker sandwich goal first to try to build up a new stockpile of dishes while waiting for my old stockpiles to clear their counters. Only cooking unmastered recipes and margherita pizza pretty much now and stopping production on my usual counter filler dishes like lobster thermidor. The cucumber sandwich goal is annoying because it hinders me from making veggie sushi, which is one of my favorite recipes.

So far I've earned a 200 coin bonus from getting the second star on grilled cheese, woohoo. :p

tiggerhobbes
03-04-15, 01:05 AM
I also dislike the giant facebook helping hands, please let us hide them or make the hands much smaller. I don't play with facebook friends so it's useless and tacky.

Can anyone who gets through the breakfast goals tell us what the home run breakfast recipe is worth? I decided to work on the triple decker sandwich goal first to try to build up a new stockpile of dishes while waiting for my old stockpiles to clear their counters. Only cooking unmastered recipes and margherita pizza pretty much now and stopping production on my usual counter filler dishes like lobster thermidor. The cucumber sandwich goal is annoying because it hinders me from making veggie sushi, which is one of my favorite recipes.

So far I've earned a 200 coin bonus from getting the second star on grilled cheese, woohoo. :p

It earns 600 coins in an hour, (200 dishes). It's probably one of the better recipes for diner stove, but still not particularly worthy compared to recipes in other stoves.

orleansparish
03-04-15, 02:28 AM
Ok, so I downloaded the new updates date. Where is this pizza oven and new mixer? I hope it isn't locked by an expansion. I'm working on Cid the Teamster giving me four maps for expansion 11. Only good thing about the new sandwich is my finally having a reason to buy up the mayo my shop insists of carrying every reset.

Facebook stinks! Or as my Mom calls it, facespace. I don't think she'll ever get that name right.

I hate making eggs, I don't care how easy it is to collect every five seconds. But I'll push through because what else can I do?

I get 20 free gems if I use facebook. One minute job, easy enough. How about giving us gem sales now? We got them on fantasy forest finally and this game has been here long before that one.

orleansparish
03-04-15, 02:31 AM
Yikes, the blue forum looks kind of cold and depressing, I used to feel bright and excited coming here to the orange themed forum to chit chat.

I'm excited about the pizza stove though :-). Can't wait, hopefully they are not related to these mastery recipes because I've decided it's not worth deleting my higher level dishes to do them.

I'm already regularly making the existing 3 pizzas in my restaurant, I definitely want to turn mine into a pizzeria! Can't wait!

This new blue is so soothing! It's like meditation for my eyes. Those huge hands on the game though is freaking me out.

I just unlocked the new chicken salad and am wondering if mandarin salad is worth paying that huge price of celery for. Bad enough SOOO many recipes now need chicken. This is a little ovewhelming. But I still check in often. I haven't been turned off again yet.

nmishii
03-04-15, 03:56 AM
My forum is black. Before the change it was blue. You used to be able to select the forum color and I chose Test Blue rather than the default orange. Now I can't find where I can change my color back to Test Blue.

PraxisOfGood
03-04-15, 04:15 AM
It (the home run breakfast) earns 600 coins in an hour, (200 dishes). It's probably one of the better recipes for diner stove, but still not particularly worthy compared to recipes in other stoves.

That's reasonable. I could imagine doing that between omelettes, since I don't really have anything better to do with potatoes.

I tell you though, the triple decker sandwich had better be unbalancingly good. It's going to take me a week just to complete the stage 2 goals, and I have no idea what stage 3 will look like. That's a long time to suffer through the sales wasteland that is French dip sandwiches! And I have an extra commercial range and an extra deli counter from gems, so I can't imagine how rough this is for people who went without.

tiggerhobbes
03-04-15, 04:25 AM
That's reasonable. I could imagine doing that between omelettes, since I don't really have anything better to do with potatoes.

I tell you though, the triple decker sandwich had better be unbalancingly good. It's going to take me a week just to complete the stage 2 goals, and I have no idea what stage 3 will look like. That's a long time to suffer through the sales wasteland that is French dip sandwiches! And I have an extra commercial range and an extra deli counter from gems, so I can't imagine how rough this is for people who went without.

Yeah I know right? The only way I'm going to deal with this is to not focus on it. Keep working on whatever evil things I was scheming on and have this on the side, since I don't really count on diner oven and stoves for earnings its no real loss to me.

Okay I do use egg bene to burn through excess bacon and cream so having that tied up to 6 hrs French dips blew up my pantry, I just need to learn to stop collecting certain items now that I can't just quick adjust with an idle appliance.

fatbearsecondary
03-04-15, 07:31 AM
Since someone asked, the recipe for the breakfast:

Yeah, I'm pretty depressed about a million more cucumber sandwiches and BLTs. And those french dips, ugh!!

Yeah I know right? The only way I'm going to deal with this is to not focus on it. Keep working on whatever evil things I was scheming on and have this on the side, since I don't really count on diner oven and stoves for earnings its no real loss to me.

I know you're unhappy about it, though I'd counter that as a longer term player, you get access to *all* the content from the beginning, including stuff that's been removed, which is a benefit the new folks don't have. And honestly do you want them to stop introducing new stuff? I think the real problem is the tight restriction on counters, not the late introduction of goals...

But I think you could work it if you want, just by clearing 1 counter. The eggs/french toast/breakfast sandwiches go pretty fast, so just clear one counter, cook to a recipe to mastery, and then dump the results and start over. Having one counter free seems like it would be a pretty big benefit, flexibility-wise, since they introduce new stuff all the time. But of course, I don't know what your stockpiles look like!

islandtyme
03-04-15, 07:49 AM
Also not happy with the gifting pop up. I tried to gift back one of my 3 nbrs, i had two people on screen. A person i dont normally gift with was on pop up window as well. I tap the correct recipient, and the wrong person gets gifted. Please correct. I like this game, but I am about gamed out. And this is not acceptable being able to re-gift correct recipient. I do like the chance to earn gems. Looks like it will take a year or so. Probably letting this game go. Castle Story is still the best.

tiggerhobbes
03-04-15, 07:51 AM
Since someone asked, the recipe for the breakfast:

Yeah, I'm pretty depressed about a million more cucumber sandwiches and BLTs. And those french dips, ugh!!

I know you're unhappy about it, though I'd counter that as a longer term player, you get access to *all* the content from the beginning, including stuff that's been removed, which is a benefit the new folks don't have. And honestly do you want them to stop introducing new stuff? I think the real problem is the tight restriction on counters, not the late introduction of goals...

But I think you could work it if you want, just by clearing 1 counter. The eggs/french toast/breakfast sandwiches go pretty fast, so just clear one counter, cook to a recipe to mastery, and then dump the results and start over. Having one counter free seems like it would be a pretty big benefit, flexibility-wise, since they introduce new stuff all the time. But of course, I don't know what your stockpiles look like!

I'm mostly just giving feedbacks, hopefully TL people actually read these forums. When they don't include core elements like mastery points from the start for everyone, or when they take back game progress to reset gam economy, or when they cap your counters only because they haven't worked out upper levels contents, it creates problems for players that I don't know if they are aware of or foresee. There really is no reason why they couldn't have included mastery points from the start, for example. All their other cooking games have those basic gaming parameters.

But yeah, otherwise it's not difficult to work around, just frustrated at their disorganized release.

ongakuonna
03-04-15, 08:49 AM

I had my colors for this forum already changed. What's the default now? And in case you wanted to, I'm pretty sure you can still go into your settings and change your colors to whatever you want. You can still have bright and shiny, tigger :)

tiggerhobbes
03-04-15, 09:00 AM
I had my colors for this forum already changed. What's the default now? And in case you wanted to, I'm pretty sure you can still go into your settings and change your colors to whatever you want. You can still have bright and shiny, tigger :)

Thanks! You're such an amazing source of information lol.

kooky panda
03-04-15, 09:14 AM
Also not happy with the gifting pop up. I tried to gift back one of my 3 nbrs, i had two people on screen. A person i dont normally gift with was on pop up window as well. I tap the correct recipient, and the wrong person gets gifted. Please correct. I like this game, but I am about gamed out. And this is not acceptable being able to re-gift correct recipient. I do like the chance to earn gems. Looks like it will take a year or so. Probably letting this game go. Castle Story is still the best.
I will pass this over . I agree, I want to choose who I send the gift to.
I had to go down my whole neighbors list to check off my three buddies.

If you wish to discuss the new forum changes, or leave feedback, please post on the current thread

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79236-All-our-brands-in-one-place-introducing-Storm8-Studios!

441sogo
03-04-15, 09:35 AM
I am not on facebook (I'm sure that I'm not the only facebook holdout out there), so I think connecting the game to it seems a little odd, and somewhat off putting. I received a gift from a neighbor who had clearly connected her game to fb, so the gift showed up under my gift tab with her facebook picture and facebook name. WHAT?!?!?!?!? It did not connect the gift to her restaurant name, so I really don't know which of my neighbors the gift came from. :eek:

Also, I really don't like that you can no longer see who has gifted you previously. I think it is most fair to gift back from the oldest to newest gift, guaranteeing that everyone receives a gift back at some point.

I REALLY prefer the gifting set-up from before the update! I would also much rather see the game caricatures over real facebook photos any day! It's kind of creepy!!!

PraxisOfGood
03-04-15, 10:40 AM

Okay I do use egg bene to burn through excess bacon and cream so having that tied up to 6 hrs French dips blew up my pantry, I just need to learn to stop collecting certain items now that I can't just quick adjust with an idle appliance.

Well, the "good news" is that you need the bacon for BLTs anyways lol. But I know what you mean, my onion and mayo supplies got really large before I realized why.

I want to be clear to the devs, I don't hate this at all. Having new temporary goals and having to change my strategies to meet the new goals is a great way to keep the game fresh. My hope is just that the value of the reward considers the level of effort required to achieve the goal, especially when the effort is extraordinary.

BTW, just unlocked the Home Run breakfast (which comes pre-learned, like bitterballen did). \o/ Strangely, it doesn't even have a one star mastery level.

mcmug17
03-04-15, 10:55 AM
I religiously gift every neighbor everyday, and of course I get "X numbers of your neighbors have exceed the max number of gifts blah blah blah" and I never paid any attention to that... Apparently only 3 random people from the list get my gifts??? :-(

tiggerhobbes
03-04-15, 11:05 AM
Actually, I wouldn't mind a Heartberry tart framed picture or a strawberry shortcake picture as reward for mastery, those dishes are cute as a button and I irrationally cook them just because they are too cute not to have.

Edit: grrrr auto-incorrect

cquinn32
03-04-15, 11:29 AM
I am not on facebook (I'm sure that I'm not the only facebook holdout out there), so I think connecting the game to it seems a little odd, and somewhat off putting.

No your not the only one. I don't like it when games almost require to be a avid Facebook user to progress in their game I hope this game doesn't go down that road by making you collect or ask for various items from Facebook friends.

ciarjen
03-04-15, 11:46 AM
No your not the only one. I don't like it when games almost require to be a avid Facebook user to progress in their game I hope this game doesn't go down that road by making you collect or ask for various items from Facebook friends.

I began playing these games because there weren't linked to Facebook. I absolutely hate Facebook with a passion !!:p

I'm hoping the icon is just to let people know the facility is there to link to their FB account and is temporary.

441sogo
03-04-15, 12:44 PM
I began playing these games because there weren't linked to Facebook. I absolutely hate Facebook with a passion !!:p

I'm hoping the icon is just to let people know the facility is there to link to their FB account and is temporary.

Does anyone else think that it's totally inappropriate that by connecting to facebook, your name and profile photo are imported into the game?? Anyone who receives a gift from you sees your facebook info instead of your restaurant name??? I haven't received any gifts from non-facebook players, but I assume that it would still associate their restaurant name with the gift. I wonder if those connecting to facebook for the gems/quick serves realize that the players they gift can see their real name and profile photo??? :confused:

441sogo
03-04-15, 01:00 PM
Does anyone else think that it's totally inappropriate that by connecting to facebook, your name and profile photo are imported into the game?? Anyone who receives a gift from you sees your facebook info instead of your restaurant name??? I haven't received any gifts from non-facebook players, but I assume that it would still associate their restaurant name with the gift. I wonder if those connecting to facebook for the gems/quick serves realize that the players they gift can see their real name and profile photo??? :confused:

Not to mention the fact that I have no idea who my gifts are coming from! I know a few of my neighbors' real names, but not most. It would be great if ALL gifts were linked to the restaurant name, and left all of this personal info out of it!!

orleansparish
03-04-15, 03:16 PM

I got a gift from a player I never got one from before. Saw her name and her pic with her bf or hubby. Shocked the heck out of me! And then it says to accept and send back. Well I had folks already aimed to get those gifts but send it anyways. I'll do it for the free gems but this whole play along with facebook foolishness stinks. I think they will remove it if we complain enough. I don't go to facebook anymore now because im tired of people sending me requests for games they play.

I don't ask you to join me so don't ask me to play no stupid games with you!

441sogo
03-04-15, 04:01 PM
I got a gift from a player I never got one from before. Saw her name and her pic with her bf or hubby. Shocked the heck out of me! And then it says to accept and send back. Well I had folks already aimed to get those gifts but send it anyways. I'll do it for the free gems but this whole play along with facebook foolishness stinks. I think they will remove it if we complain enough. I don't go to facebook anymore now because im tired of people sending me requests for games they play.

I don't ask you to join me so don't ask me to play no stupid games with you!

Yes! The "accept and send back" option all in one button is annoying. I hope they go back to the accept button which then gives a second option to gift back. I gifted manually from my neighbor list, so the 3 I wanted to send gifts to were the ones to receive them.

Another curious thing though...I had already gifted 3 neighbors, and another gift came in. In order to accept it, I had to press the "accept and gift back button". Did that neighbor also receive the gift? Shouldn't the "gift back" option go away once you have sent out the max number of gifts? This all seems like more trouble than it's worth!

I am glad I am not on facebook, because I would not want my profile photo and name going out to anyone on this game.

rosewaterlily
03-04-15, 06:24 PM
Just got a new update in the game and suddenly the vanilla milkshake I've been assiduously making for days now requires 3 vanilla bean, a previously non-existent ingredient. Ugh. I wonder what other crazy changes have been made. Creme brulee also require vanilla bean and I don't even know where it's supposed to come from? It's not in any of the shops. Herb garden?

Also it takes two hours to grow ginger.

mamareader02
03-04-15, 06:28 PM
And the tomato sauce for those anticipated pizzas?takes 2 onions to make sauce,and at least 2 of the pizzas require 2 of those bottles!!!!!:(

rosewaterlily
03-04-15, 06:31 PM
There's definitely some bugs here. I have 70/65 veggie pizzas but zero stars. I think previously the star level was set at 80. Does that mean I'll never be able to get more stars since the level up is set at a lower level?

nmishii
03-04-15, 06:32 PM
Got the update also. Served the vanilla milkshake, went to make another, and like rosewaterlily said, it needs vanilla beans. I tapped on the Get Ingredients button and it took me to the herb garden. Harvested my spices, planted more, and only planted basil and garlic.

I think ingredients for existing recipes shouldn't change with an update. Bad planning.

Also bought the two new appliances and the will be ready in 12 hours ... When I'm sleeping. Also have 6 new pizza recipes to learn.

mamareader02
03-04-15, 06:34 PM
And now osso buco needs that sauce!!!!WTHeck!!!!!!:(

rosewaterlily
03-04-15, 06:37 PM
Meatloaf needs the new sauce too.

nmishii
03-04-15, 06:40 PM
New Mastery Spice needs 2 sugars and a vanilla bean.

just served The mandarin salad and mastered it ... Wasn't expecting that. Count was lowered. At 78/60 for mastering meatloaf. I guess the next time I serve one I will master it.

dlishrestaurant
03-04-15, 06:46 PM
I'm excited about thee new update...but I noticed something. I got a "mastery spice" for mastering eggs Benedict. I'm assuming this is a reward system for mastering recipes. My issue is that I've now mastered 37 recipes, does that mean I don't get the mastery spice for each of the ones I've already mastered? Also confused about what it does to the recipes it's applied to - it says "1 🌟(star) per cook". Can anyone explain? 😞

nmishii
03-04-15, 06:51 PM
Lobster bisque needs that sauce too.

tmh690
03-04-15, 06:56 PM
I'm sure I'm blind - where do you make the new sauce?

rosewaterlily
03-04-15, 06:58 PM
I think S8 really wants us to make fewer coins per day, lobster bisque and osso bucco are two of the main overnight dishes people cook (stacked with house spice) to make money that don't require mushrooms, and creme brulee and vanilla milkshake are short turnaround 5-6 making dishes that previously could be made as long as you had sugar stock which refreshes every two hours. Plus the sandwich mastery goal that has us cooking 2 coin french dip forever and cucumber sandwiches that make steadily producing 6 coin veggie sushi much more difficult.

nmishii
03-04-15, 07:02 PM
I'm excited about thee new update...but I noticed something. I got a "mastery spice" for mastering eggs Benedict. I'm assuming this is a reward system for mastering recipes. My issue is that I've now mastered 37 recipes, does that mean I don't get the mastery spice for each of the ones I've already mastered? Also confused about what it does to the recipes it's applied to - it says "1 (star) per cook". Can anyone explain? 

In other games they didn't give rewards if you already passed it, so if you see 1 mastery spice instead of 37 you most likely won't get the others. I have 64 mastery stars. I knew I shouldn't have tried to master all the dishes. Oh well.

nmishii
03-04-15, 07:04 PM
I'm sure I'm blind - where do you make the new sauce?

My my guess is in the Mixer in the appliance tab. It takes 12 hrs to unbox.

dlishrestaurant
03-04-15, 07:22 PM
In other games they didn't give rewards if you already passed it, so if you see 1 mastery spice instead of 37 you most likely won't get the others. I have 64 mastery stars. I knew I shouldn't have tried to master all the dishes. Oh well.

Ah, well. I guess that's what I get for having an obsessive compulsive need to master all the recipes just to get all the yellow stars \_(ツ)_/

dmist24
03-04-15, 08:23 PM
new set of pizzas to be made.. there is a dough icon already. i don't know where will we get it.. mixer?

WinnyWoos
03-04-15, 08:27 PM
Just got a new update in the game and suddenly the vanilla milkshake I've been assiduously making for days now requires 3 vanilla bean, a previously non-existent ingredient. Ugh. I wonder what other crazy changes have been made. Creme brulee also require vanilla bean and I don't even know where it's supposed to come from? It's not in any of the shops. Herb garden?

Also it takes two hours to grow ginger.

Same thing happened with me. So now that I'd "mastered" it (and other things I'd already mastered), Im actually being punished because I can NO longer make it without some stupid spice now???? Same with ossa bucca or however it's spelled, it needs a sauce to make now because I had a star already:mad: I'm now stuck with a full pantry and can't make dang thing. I'm furious!!! Had I not mastered things, I could still be just cooking away, minding my own business but noooo, I'm here trying to figure out what the heck is going on?!

And WHAT???? Ginger takes 2 hrs now to grow?!? I'm NOT happy at all with this stupid update....especially coming here and see that no one has even tried to explain these changes. What happened to having updates and a mod actually explaining things? I could have sworn they use to do that but I could be wrong....who knows. Guess I'm done ranting...for now.

dmist24
03-04-15, 08:32 PM
Tsk! That 2 hour ginger! it's ****ing us! They need to give us an option to choose what herb to plant.. at least it will give us balance.... imagine a rare ginger, and now they even took longer!

kimberly0822
03-04-15, 08:33 PM
Seriously like the update, but this forum...so tired of reading peoples rants. If you dont like the game, dont play the game. Simple solution! Games are made to be fun..if you dont enjoy it, maybe theres something better out there for you! Just sayin'

WinnyWoos
03-04-15, 08:46 PM
Seriously like the update, but this forum...so tired of reading peoples rants. If you dont like the game, dont play the game. Simple solution! Games are made to be fun..if you dont enjoy it, maybe theres something better out there for you! Just sayin'

Ok now...FYI...I DID like this game and enjoyed it very much. But I just logged in and am seeing these changes for the first time and considering there's no explanation in the game, I came here to find answers cause usually this is where they are.

Sorry for the rant but I guess I could go ahead and say the same as well....which would be along the lines of what..."if you don't enjoy reading them, don't come here or don't read them" lol

PraxisOfGood
03-04-15, 08:47 PM
Tsk! That 2 hour ginger! it's ****ing us! They need to give us an option to choose what herb to plant.. at least it will give us balance.... imagine a rare ginger, and now they even took longer!

At least give us the ability to pull out the seedlings and let the field lie fallow for 30 minutes. I've got six plots, and I'm currently growing two ginger and a vanilla, making it a long shot to grow the spices I want in the next few hours.

WinnyWoos
03-04-15, 08:49 PM
At least give us the ability to pull out the seedlings and let the field lie fallow for 30 minutes. I've got six plots, and I'm currently growing two ginger and a vanilla, making it a long shot to grow the spices I want in the next few hours.

Do you recall how many attempts it took before getting a vanilla, PraxisOfGood?

PraxisOfGood
03-04-15, 09:05 PM
Not many, maybe four or five platings in? It depends on when th changes went live, I may have a few rounds when I didn't get vanilla but didn't realize that it was an option, if you know what I mean.

On the plus side, it looks like Libby is really picking up on dropping seeds. The new garden design will be easier to take if we all have more plots, I think.

rosewaterlily
03-04-15, 09:11 PM
Same thing happened with me. So now that I'd "mastered" it (and other things I'd already mastered), Im actually being punished because I can NO longer make it without some stupid spice now???? Same with ossa bucca or however it's spelled, it needs a sauce to make now because I had a star already:mad: I'm now stuck with a full pantry and can't make dang thing. I'm furious!!! Had I not mastered things, I could still be just cooking away, minding my own business but noooo, I'm here trying to figure out what the heck is going on?!

I don't think the change in recipe ingredients has anything to do with mastery. I don't have vanilla milkshake mastered to one star but the recipe was changed for everyone to include those ever elusive vanilla beans. I don't see how it's even possible to master it in a reasonable time frame now considering we can't choose what spices to plant, I haven't gotten a single vanilla so far in five plantings, it takes seven hours to grow if you are lucky enough to plant one, and you need three beans to make one shake. If they're going to make such a drastic change let us at least choose which spices to plant since the growth times are different now. Or add vanilla beans to one of the existing shops rather than the herb garden with a seven hour restock time so we can plan on when to have and use it.

WinnyWoos
03-04-15, 09:22 PM
Not many, maybe four or five platings in? It depends on when th changes went live, I may have a few rounds when I didn't get vanilla but didn't realize that it was an option, if you know what I mean.

On the plus side, it looks like Libby is really picking up on dropping seeds. The new garden design will be easier to take if we all have more plots, I think.

Ok, good! That doesn't seem too bad. I was only on for a couple minutes then started seeing new items now required in order to make my recipes and freaked out and came here, lol so I just had time to plant once but none said vanilla, so thanks!!

And Ive noticed more seeds as well but it's causing a bit of a predicament for me. I noticed my next plot needs 25 or 28 (can't remember exacting atm) which means my toolbox is gonna become a chore to try and keep it from max capacity while saving up all other tools needed. Should probably expand pantry/toolbox next..ekk!

WinnyWoos
03-04-15, 09:27 PM
I don't think the change in recipe ingredients has anything to do with mastery. I don't have vanilla milkshake mastered to one star but the recipe was changed for everyone to include those ever elusive vanilla beans. I don't see how it's even possible to master it in a reasonable time frame now considering we can't choose what spices to plant, I haven't gotten a single vanilla so far in five plantings, it takes seven hours to grow if you are lucky enough to plant one, and you need three beans to make one shake. If they're going to make such a drastic change let us at least choose which spices to plant since the growth times are different now. Or add vanilla beans to one of the existing shops rather than the herb garden with a seven hour restock time so we can plan on when to have and use it.

Ohhhh so the recipes have just flat out been changed period. That makes more sense! Oddly enough, my first time logging in since these changes, I just so happened to master a couple recipes so that's why I assumed it was related to that. Glad you said something! Ty!

ginrae22
03-04-15, 09:39 PM
So I updated the game and noticed that there is no longer a tab for the valentine cards where have they gone?

This is exactly what so many of us were concerned about !! Arg! This is so messed up! they told us that we could get our recipes as long as we collected enough Valentine's well if we don't have them then that isn't possible.

Beecause
03-04-15, 09:43 PM
I freaked about the cards too & posted here about it - was told the game will know you have cards & we will have those recipes open for us to learn. (I'm 250 blue star points away from level 47 & learning last recipe on valentine oven)

Got 2 vanilla after 3 or 4 plantings - mine say 8 hours to grow & they look just like ginger

orleansparish
03-04-15, 09:50 PM
Lobster bisque needs that sauce too.

Are you kidding me?! That's my favorite thing to make. Just when I get back into the game, they go muck something up and mess up the rules. Ginger was already a hard commodity to come by, now it takes two hours to make. Why? It's stupid. And I'm building the pizza oven and mixer. And I'm happy they were inexpensive but all these things needing sauce now? Dumb. Onions were already another thing hard to come by.

It's like they purposefully sit at a table and say, everything is calm, too calm, what can we do to annoy them and turn the game on it's head.

mcmug17
03-04-15, 10:02 PM
I have 2/7 plots of vanilla. Now every time I go harvest herbs I wonder if I will get another vanilla and I'm eventually filled with vanilla... Can't grow anything else, can't burn it down.

rosewaterlily
03-04-15, 10:10 PM
Are you kidding me?! That's my favorite thing to make. Just when I get back into the game, they go muck something up and mess up the rules. Ginger was already a hard commodity to come by, now it takes two hours to make. Why? It's stupid. And I'm building the pizza oven and mixer. And I'm happy they were inexpensive but all these things needing sauce now? Dumb. Onions were already another thing hard to come by.

It's like they purposefully sit at a table and say, everything is calm, too calm, what can we do to annoy them and turn the game on it's head.

Clearly the game was too enjoyable without the use of gems. This had easily become the most addictive of all the S8 games for me in terms of login time to constantly make 5 and 6 coin recipes every 10/20/30 minutes, but now vanilla milkshake and creme brulee are blocked by vanilla, veggie sushi/bruschetta blocked by the sandwich goals, overnight favorite house spice lobster bisque blocked by the sauce. Some of the recipes are going to be impossible to master now--the ones with onions and mushrooms were hard enough as it was but now with the sauce and the vanilla, it's going to be crazy. And we don't even get gems for mastery.

So the mastery spice doesn't add any coins just experience? How is that useful? If I'm near a level up and want to get there faster I just cook eggs nonstop for a while.

Still no vanilla in six cycles of plantings. We should really be able to choose what to plant with this set up and grow vanilla overnight and the others during the day. Isn't this a time management game? The randomness of the herb garden ruins that with the different growth times/varied chances of getting the herb you want. Maybe time to check out that non S8 cooking game with a much higher ranking in the iTunes app store... I always thought TL made the most popular ones but I guess not anymore!

Buttercup0001
03-04-15, 11:35 PM
If you tap on either of the new recipes locked by goal on the appliance's menu, you will get a page showing the mastery sets. If you tap the rewards icon in a mastery set you can see the ingredients needed to cook the new mastery recipe.

i don't have new goals in the upper left of the page. I guess you have to think of the mastery set page being the goal page.

Thankyou so much for this information. If I didnt come to the forums and read this I'd be sitting here playing the game none the wiser.

nlieu279
03-05-15, 12:07 AM
Can anyone help me with this please: i am on the Fran's recipe quest and my Carrot Cake is stuck on 51/50...did anyone have this issue?

myhsplace
03-05-15, 12:11 AM
i like the new update overall but, the recipe changes and long wait times for items (especially in garden, that we should indeed be given a choice of what to plant), are bound to result in a few players eventually getting bored waiting and quiting game IMO...something i honestly can see myself doing in future if wait times are not adjusted!!

the one thing thats really driving me nuts now in game though, are the huge ugly white cloth napkins on top of my counters that i am guessing may represents dishes/recipes that i have at least one star on since recipes that i have no stars on, have no napkin under them.. It really clashes with our deco and kinda makes paying for decorated counters worthless to me and i kinda like things matching so i hope they get rid of it or give us the option to NOT have them on our counters!!

Rockinkitten
03-05-15, 12:38 AM
I'm sure this was asked before but I can't find it; am I supposed to have a new goal?

infinitelove19
03-05-15, 01:00 AM
I'm sure this was asked before but I can't find it; am I supposed to have a new goal?

No, not in the upper left-hand corner as usual. The mastery dishes you can see by either going to the recipe book OR click on the new star icon near the upper right hand corner and click the "masty sets" tab at the top. From there you can see your progress, which recipes are required, and what recipe will be your reward.

edit: you can also use gems to auto-complete, so don't let that catch you by surprise!

infinitelove19
03-05-15, 01:07 AM
I am also having a heck of a time with the vanilla & am wary of the new sauce. I usually make, idk, 10 batches of creme brulee per day, but seeing as I will now need 10 rare, 8-hours to grow (and look strangely identical to ginger) vanilla beans, so that is not going to happen. I have all but 3 plots available to me, and after many batches of collecting and replanting (probably 5 batches) I'm only growing two vanilla beans.

Are vanilla beans supposed to look like ginger? Or will we be getting a new graphic for it?
Sure hope we can get something different!!

Not to mention more pantry space. I am fully expanded and spices will now be taking up way more space than before! Previously, if we needed ginger and were only getting basil & garlic, we could easily delete excess knowing they would be replenished, BUT with ginger and vanilla taking 2 and 8 hours, we'll need to stockpile more garlic/basil for when all our plots are full with longer items... not to mention when we finally do collect the longer items, they will take up space, too. Another spice grinder would be good, too!!! I always could've used that.

tiggerhobbes
03-05-15, 01:20 AM
I'm pretty unhappy with the new game economy, especially since I just allocated a lot of resources and ridiculous amount of coins into upgrading my general store to supply sugar, flour and milk for Creme br?l?e, milk shake and pizza. Now that they have change the economy I can no longer gather enough basil for pizza, or vanilla for Creme br?l?e and vanilla milkshake. I now end up with way too much of these items (flour milk sugar), if I knew these changes are coming I would have spent my resources on something else.

It's one thing to add new game feature, its really offensive to spring this on unsuspecting users, it totally takes away the sense of agency in game play, what's the point of planning and making decisions on limited resources for future use if you just keep changing the game economy with no warnings?

I'm now stuck with Creme br?l?e and milkshake and margaritas pizza on my counters but no resource to run my appliances, because if I cook different dishes, the dishes I cook will have no counters to go onto. This update seriously mess up the game for people that have already invested a lot into setting up their game.

orleansparish
03-05-15, 02:11 AM
I'm pretty unhappy with the new game economy, especially since I just allocated a lot of resources and ridiculous amount of coins into upgrading my general store to supply sugar, flour and milk for Creme br?l?e, milk shake and pizza. Now that they have change the economy I can no longer gather enough basil for pizza, or vanilla for Creme br?l?e and vanilla milkshake. I now end up with way too much of these items (flour milk sugar), if I knew these changes are coming I would have spent my resources on something else.

It's one thing to add new game feature, its really offensive to spring this on unsuspecting users, it totally takes away the sense of agency in game play, what's the point of planning and making decisions on limited resources for future use if you just keep changing the game economy with no warnings?

I'm now stuck with Creme br?l?e and milkshake and margaritas pizza on my counters but no resource to run my appliances, because if I cook different dishes, the dishes I cook will have no counters to go onto. This update seriously mess up the game for people that have already invested a lot into setting up their game.

Lots of items uses those items you mentioned. They may not be high quantity and coin yield, but it can be used up. Other than that, the thing would be to not buy them until you need them. I had to do this with some items. Like peppers and carrots.

I've done so many plantings and have yet to plant any vanilla. It'll probably take four months before they think of another not so bright idea and make them 30 minutes like everything else.

infinitelove19
03-05-15, 02:15 AM
I have a question about gifting: I can press accept & gift back multiple times a day, does this mean that all of these people actually receive a gift back, or do only the first three count?

If only the first three gifts actually get sent, there needs to be different text on the button to accept subsequent gifts.

tiggerhobbes
03-05-15, 02:17 AM
Lots of items uses those items you mentioned. They may not be high quantity and coin yield, but it can be used up. Other than that, the thing would be to not buy them until you need them. I had to do this with some items. Like peppers and carrots.

I've done so many plantings and have yet to plant any vanilla. It'll probably take four months before they think of another not so bright idea and make them 30 minutes like everything else.

It was a 5th level upgrade, the amount of resources required was absolutely absurd, but I decided it was worth it because it would help my resource balance, it was a good decision at the time, with the5th upgrade plus street market I was able to constantly keep all my upper level appliances busy. Now I am stuck with no parts or coins and a resource imbalance that no longer suits the new recipe changes. What was a good long term decision turned into a really really stupid decision that cannot be reversed, for no fault of my own, how am i supposed to know they would spring changes like that on players?

Oh except they have already done it before, silly me.

They should seriously consider allowing players to reverse resources spent before this point, if I knew these changes were coming it would make far more sense to upgrade the fruit market, as of right now I can't make anything with my upper level appliances, mean while sure I can use these on lower levels recipes, but I also already have an abundance of resources to keep those appliances busy without needing the 5th level general store upgrade.

tiggerhobbes
03-05-15, 02:23 AM
Oh and McMug is right, you will soon be very sick of vanilla. I have 8 plots, 6 of them taken up by vanilla. I won't be griding spices for a while.

1999Pari
03-05-15, 02:37 AM
Sorry for my stupid question. I am at level 25 and after update I found that I can't cook Osso Buco without Tomato sos that need a Mixer. If I go to buy a Mixer I can see that it is lock and has a star with 0.

So my question it is: how to buy a Mixer? It is not lock by level ...

infinitelove19
03-05-15, 03:19 AM
Sorry for my stupid question. I am at level 25 and after update I found that I can't cook Osso Buco without Tomato sos that need a Mixer. If I go to buy a Mixer I can see that it is lock and has a star with 0.

So my question it is: how to buy a Mixer? It is not lock by level ...

I think you have to complete a mastery set. Click on the star in the upper right hand corner and you'll see two sets. The breakfast mastery is pretty fast to do. A little tedious with tons of clicking, but definitely faster than the other set, which looks like it'll take forever!

Good luck!

infinitelove19
03-05-15, 03:27 AM
The new 'mastery spice' which I have received a couple of for having mastered some dishes, gives an extra star when added to items.

These stars aren't the same as experience, are they? I think they are the stars we get when mastering dishes.

I guess my main question is, What use are these stars? Can we use them for something, or will we receive rewards after achieving a certain number of them?
Not really sure what the point is...?

Sandeuro
03-05-15, 07:39 AM
How stupid. I cannot even make the lobster bisque anymore. Who ever thinks of changing recipes like that. ��

PraxisOfGood
03-05-15, 07:45 AM
In case people were wondering, the mixer allows you to make two things:

Dough (1 flour, 1 garlic, 15 minutes)
Tomato sauce (4 tomato, 3 onion, 3 basil, 4 hours)

These are more like spices than recipes, they aren't listed in the cookbook, they don't have mastery stars, and the results are put in your pantry instead of your counter.

In theory, making cooking a multistage process adds depth to the game, which is a great thing. But adding recipes that nobody will ever make is a waste of design effort, and that's where I suspect tomato sauce and all of the recipes that now use it now fall. I suggest that you either cut the recharge time on onions from 8 hours to 2 or have the tomato sauce recipe create 6 jars instead of 1.

tiggerhobbes
03-05-15, 07:48 AM
The new 'mastery spice' which I have received a couple of for having mastered some dishes, gives an extra star when added to items.

These stars aren't the same as experience, are they? I think they are the stars we get when mastering dishes.

I guess my main question is, What use are these stars? Can we use them for something, or will we receive rewards after achieving a certain number of them?
Not really sure what the point is...?

You normally get one yellow star that goes towards mastery of each dish as you make it.

When you use the mastery spice, you get 1 +n yellow stars every time you cook that dish, n = numbers of chefs you have manhandling that dish. So if you have 5 cooks you will get 6 stars.

Good for French dips I guess. Not sure if all the cooks have to be in the picture though, I let them go a while ago and now I cook with self stirring cauldrons.

tiggerhobbes
03-05-15, 07:51 AM
Oh, and just so you know, TL, if you put garlic in the dough it will inhibit the yeast and it won't rise properly. Bad recipe, seriously.

mcmug17
03-05-15, 08:02 AM
veggie sushi/bruschetta blocked by the sandwich goals

I can still make both items and haven't finished the sandwich mastery goals. Is one star per item sufficient?

tiggerhobbes
03-05-15, 08:06 AM
I can still make both items and haven't finished the sandwich mastery goals. Is one star per item sufficient?

I don't think it's officially blocked, people that prioritize the mastery goals just have those stations tied up.

I started on it and then the sudden changes mean I can no longer make vanilla milkshake and Creme br?l?e, which means I have to cook other recipes in those stations, which means I have no counter space for mastery goal anymore :-(. So anyway, it's not technically blocked.

No, one star will get you laughed out of the recipe hall. They want three stars everything >___<

PraxisOfGood
03-05-15, 08:13 AM
You normally get one yellow star that goes towards mastery of each dish as you make it.

When you use the mastery spice, you get 1 +n yellow stars every time you cook that dish, n = numbers of chefs you have manhandling that dish. So if you have 5 cooks you will get 6 stars.

Good for French dips I guess. Not sure if all the cooks have to be in the picture though, I let them go a while ago and now I cook with self stirring cauldrons.

That's the way I read it, but I have three cooks in my kitchen and only got one bonus star when I used the mastery spice. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if I did it wrong or if that's the way it is.

tiggerhobbes
03-05-15, 08:20 AM
That's the way I read it, but I have three cooks in my kitchen and only got one bonus star when I used the mastery spice. I'm not sure if that's a bug or if I did it wrong or if that's the way it is.

Oh I thought it didn't work for me because I've blocked off all my stoves. Maybe there's a bug then?

PraxisOfGood
03-05-15, 08:29 AM

Phew! Now I can go back to what I was doing with my diner stoves before the last update :p

orleansparish
03-05-15, 08:32 AM

These are more like spices than recipes, they aren't listed in the cookbook, they don't have mastery stars, and the results are put in your pantry instead of your counter.

In theory, making cooking a multistage process adds depth to the game, which is a great thing. But adding recipes that nobody will ever make is a waste of design effort, and that's where I suspect tomato sauce and all of the recipes that now use it now fall. I suggest that you either cut the recharge time on onions from 8 hours to 2 or have the tomato sauce recipe create 6 jars instead of 1.

I agree with this. Too many recipes need onions and the restock time is far too long and unreasonable. I can collect four at a time now but it's not enough. To get to five, is next to impossible. I don't think the designers play the game very much or They are used to the abundance of gems They can use. Otherwise they wouldnt have made all these additional steps this way.

Regarding the other stuff. I can still make all my dishes, including veggie sushi, etc. I was going to try to unlock the breakfast dish but I'm but Im bored already of making eggs. So I'll unlock this and the new sandwich in a month or so. Fine with me!

travelingcircus
03-05-15, 08:37 AM
I have not commented because everyone is saying exactly what I was thinking about this update, but then I thought how will they know that I am also dissatisfied if I do not speak up.

I was in the middle of making milkshakes last night. Had 10 sugars and 8 milks when the update hit. Now I have it sitting in my pantry unusable because now I need three vanilla beans per cook that will take forever to get. The chateau stove is pretty useless as well because you have to either wait for vanilla beans or ginger which now also takes forever to grow and which are both rare and random plants or drops. Lilly needs to start coming more frequently to drop off some of these items. I think everyone has spoke up about the garden and ridiculous sauce requirements, so will let them be my voice on that.

This has really taken the joy I had out of the game. I will still play, but maybe not as vigorously as before. I may get frustrated with all the waiting and may bore of it and stop playing all together. Time will tell, but if it continues like this, I can see that happening.

I forgot to add the whole gifting problem. Not only do we not get notifications anymore, but it is a lot harder to give to the neighbors I want to. no history of past givers, and who knows how to accept without accept and give back. I have noticed that I am not getting the gifts I normally get and I'm sure that is probably why.

It would be nice to hear a response from leadership on all these concerns.

WinnyWoos
03-05-15, 09:15 AM

Onions!!! Wow. And to think I was almost calmed down from last night, I come back and see this mysterious sauce requires ONIONS. Speechless.

So Osso Baco pretty much requires 6 onions instead of 3. 6 onions for a $2k recipe...no thanks. They could have at least adjusted the earnings for these recipes...again SMH

WinnyWoos
03-05-15, 09:25 AM
Oh, and just so you know, TL, if you put garlic in the dough it will inhibit the yeast and it won't rise properly. Bad recipe, seriously.

BWHAHAHA! Omg that's hilarious! Sounds like TL needs to replace their recipe creature! Lol! I don't cook in real life so I would have never caught that.

enaid03
03-05-15, 09:34 AM
Onions!!! Wow. And to think I was almost calmed down from last night, I come back and see this mysterious sauce requires ONIONS. Speechless.

So Osso Baco pretty much requires 6 onions instead of 3. 6 onions for a $2k recipe...no thanks. They could have at least adjusted the earnings for these recipes...again SMH

If you think that is bad, you should see the Supreme Pizza Recipe

4 Dough, 2 Tomato sauce, 3 peppers and 3 mushrooms.

I can't seem to have enough mushrooms or onions and often peppers, and now something like this?

mcmug17
03-05-15, 09:44 AM
They could have at least adjusted the earnings for these recipes...

Yes, they did. Osso Buco is now x1250 $2500. Same for lobster bisque, now giving x1700 $5100!

mcmug17
03-05-15, 09:46 AM

I just put vanilla sugar into French Dip... :-X

tiggerhobbes
03-05-15, 09:47 AM
I just put vanilla sugar into French Dip... :-X

Yeah I always throw up in my mouth when I put house spices in my strawberry milkshake >___<

Why TL? Why?

ghabra
03-05-15, 10:14 AM
How can I buy a Mixer to get the tomato sauce ? It is locked and doesn't tell what is necessary. I already have 15 stars of mastery and there is no condition for a min level. I despeartely need it to be able to order the "Osso Buco" recipe and the onion is increaasing and taking space. (I need the green pepper to finish mastering the "Quiche" so that i cant cook the "fajitas" now). please, help me. I need a precise and professional answer.

WinnyWoos
03-05-15, 10:14 AM
I have not commented because everyone is saying exactly what I was thinking about this update, but then I thought how will they know that I am also dissatisfied if I do not speak up.

I was in the middle of making milkshakes last night. Had 10 sugars and 8 milks when the update hit. Now I have it sitting in my pantry unusable because now I need three vanilla beans per cook that will take forever to get. The chateau stove is pretty useless as well because you have to either wait for vanilla beans or ginger which now also takes forever to grow and which are both rare and random plants or drops. Lilly needs to start coming more frequently to drop off some of these items. I think everyone has spoke up about the garden and ridiculous sauce requirements, so will let them be my voice on that.

This has really taken the joy I had out of the game. I will still play, but maybe not as vigorously as before. I may get frustrated with all the waiting and may bore of it and stop playing all together. Time will tell, but if it continues like this, I can see that happening.

I forgot to add the whole gifting problem. Not only do we not get notifications anymore, but it is a lot harder to give to the neighbors I want to. no history of past givers, and who knows how to accept without accept and give back. I have noticed that I am not getting the gifts I normally get and I'm sure that is probably why.

It would be nice to hear a response from leadership on all these concerns.

Same here with gifts. I got 2 yesterday and normally recieve more. I have no idea who sent one, they apparently logged in with their Facebook at one point and now I just know her real name and what her family looks like. Good thing I'm not a stalker or creep, ahh

With the whole FB thing, at first I thought they might have some privacy issues on their hands but on FS2, when a player logs in with FB, notifications actually list their first and last name and the game shows their FB pic. Yesterday I noticed that just had the lady's first name; which I guess is better than listing their entire name like FS2. I personally wouldn't chance it, here are some seriously deranged people who play these games.

I stopped messing with FB a long time ago, log in maybe once a year so these new FB features don't appeal to me.

WinnyWoos
03-05-15, 10:29 AM
If you think that is bad, you should see the Supreme Pizza Recipe

4 Dough, 2 Tomato sauce, 3 peppers and 3 mushrooms.

I can't seem to have enough mushrooms or onions and often peppers, and now something like this?

Are they on drugs?!? Only way I would cook that is if the earnings were gems:p

mamareader02
03-05-15, 10:30 AM
With all these new ingredients and spices,they also need to raise the cap on the pantry,130 isn't cutting it,the real thing that bugs me is the huge amount of onions needed for everything,they need to seriously consider cutting the time down for onions a bit if it's going to be a common ingredient in a bunch of dishes,please TL,shorten the time for onions so your players can actually enjoy your game,and we will be more inclined to buy gems(you give,we give,that's the way it works)I don't want everything to be easy,not at all,that's why I dropped a few of your other games,but it's not fun when it's beyond challenging and becomes frustrating.this is just my opinion,as a customer who has played your games very loyally for a few years,I love this game and don't want it to lose players

cquinn32
03-05-15, 10:41 AM
With all these new ingredients and spices,they also need to raise the cap on the pantry,130 isn't cutting it,the real thing that bugs me is the huge amount of onions needed for everything,they need to seriously consider cutting the time down for onions a bit if it's going to be a common ingredient in a bunch of dishes,please TL,shorten the time for onions so your players can actually enjoy your game,and we will be more inclined to buy gems(you give,we give,that's the way it works)I don't want everything to be easy,not at all,that's why I dropped a few of your other games,but it's not fun when it's beyond challenging and becomes frustrating.this is just my opinion,as a customer who has played your games very loyally for a few years,I love this game and don't want it to lose players

I agree!! this game has just become a lot less fun for me that's for sure

WinnyWoos
03-05-15, 10:54 AM
I completely agree. I'm currently not a fan of this update but not because we have to cook things hundreds of times or because it's too hard; I'm upset because some of this stuff is just unrealistic and down right ridiculous. And I'm not buying gems just to be able to cook something either...This is now the only TL game I play, so of course changes that prohibit me from playing are aggravating.

I hope they read feedback and implement some changes.

mcmug17
03-05-15, 10:55 AM
The new version is growing on me...

Yes, things are more difficult to make. Challenges keep things interesting.

I can't make Osso Buco like I used to. But I'm more open to making other things now.
I used to make more coins than I know what to do with, grinding and grinding out dishes for nothing (level 39 through 41). Now I actually have something to look forward to.
The difficult dishes look so much more special now on the counters when my neighbors come visit me. :cool:

New appliances, new stove. I must say the Pizza Bread starts out with a bang. Easily accessible ingredients, not hard to learn, low serving / high coin dish. I look forward to learning the rest.

Good job TL!

glimmergate
03-05-15, 11:31 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback regarding the recipe changes. Just want to let you know that we're listening and appreciate the input.

Beecause
03-05-15, 12:52 PM
How can I buy a Mixer to get the tomato sauce ? It is locked and doesn't tell what is necessary. I already have 15 stars of mastery and there is no condition for a min level. I despeartely need it to be able to order the "Osso Buco" recipe and the onion is increaasing and taking space. (I need the green pepper to finish mastering the "Quiche" so that i cant cook the "fajitas" now). please, help me. I need a precise and professional answer.

Looks like the answer to this is still a mystery. Sorry :-(

deucedeuce22
03-05-15, 01:08 PM
I like the update. My only issue is that the new appliances give you no direction as to what's needed to unlock them.

enaid03
03-05-15, 01:23 PM
I think change is good.

However, the amount of ingredients need for the some items along with the reset time is out of whack. Onions come around infrequently and now a major ingredient for sauce.

I'm not even going to mention the rarity of vanilla and the timing on it. And you want multiples for a recipe?

Also, I'm very disappointed that the overage in mastery does not apply. For instance, if I was 97/100 toward the original one star mastery, and that was changed to 60, so I was 97/60, the remaining 37 disappears and I start at 0 for the second star.

Cid and Lilly seem to have gone on vacation with this update. I believe they have been in my place a total of 4 times today over the course of the past ten hours. Something's amiss.

travelingcircus
03-05-15, 02:42 PM
I am still trying to understand the master spice. Does that mean if I cook a dish that will give me six stars, that now instead I will get 7? That seems like a lot of effort for one star per meal. I think I am missing something.

Can someone explain?

441sogo
03-05-15, 02:58 PM
I am still trying to understand the master spice. Does that mean if I cook a dish that will give me six stars, that now instead I will get 7? That seems like a lot of effort for one star per meal. I think I am missing something.

Can someone explain?

It's not the blue xp stars, but the yellow mastery stars. Say you need to cook 30 dishes for a level of mastery, if you add the mastery spice to a dish, it will give you 2 yellow mastery stars instead of the usual 1 and you will only need to cook it a total of 29 times. So, you essentially need to cook the dish one less time to reach that mastery level for each time you use the spice. Seems like a bit of a waste of the vanilla imo. If you're going to use it, I'd suggest dishes with long cook times.

travelingcircus
03-05-15, 03:44 PM
Thank you for your explanation.

I agree, I will probably not be using this. I pretty much crank out the simple spice all day long due to shorter turnaround time and add to my dishes.

kooky panda
03-05-15, 05:01 PM
Walt;1068655']Sorry for any confusion with the new Mastery levels. The newest version of the Mastery system has had some changes.

We've listened to your feedback and some of the amounts of the dishes you need to achieve the first Mastery level have been lowered. If you are seeing more cooked than what is requested, this is because with the previous version of the Mastery system, you would not have achieved the first Mastery level. We have reduced the requirements on some recipes to make it easier for players to achieve their first Mastery Star, and allow you to immediately begin progress towards your second Mastery Star.

From another thread

orientalkat2
03-05-15, 07:27 PM
Hate the new update. I thought I have found a game that I can get into for the next few years and I even actually buy gems with that in mind. But the new update has taken the joy out of playing this game. Totally unfair to change EXISTING recipes. If they do not do something about it soon, I will be leaving this game. Plenty of games in the game store to better spend my money on.

cocauina
03-05-15, 08:10 PM
Why I cannot accept the gifts, visit the neighbors I want, and only send to who I want?

Is that and another thing, I had around 50 valentine letters and know I don't have any, I'm still able to unlock the other recipes "Lovely Cheesecake" and "Heartberry Tart" from the Valentine Oven?

Kooky? Or any admin? Help?

mommydiner2
03-05-15, 10:47 PM

I agree 10000000%

cchiulam
03-05-15, 11:48 PM
Hi everyone,
I have being informed to go back to the original restaurant story 2 instead of valentine's day version, once i back to the original one, I found that some of master recipes are gone, like baked potato, french dip sandwiches etc., also found that some recipes have to add tomato sauce, what is that? How can I make the sauce? and the stove part, the mixer and pizza oven should be the latest version, but how can we buy it? so confused!

DrP4ever
03-06-15, 01:14 AM
Wow, way to ruin a game. Guess it is time to delete this one, the changes are absolutely horrible!

m1stery
03-06-15, 08:50 AM
Wow, way to ruin a game. Guess it is time to delete this one, the changes are absolutely horrible!

Couldn't agree more!! :mad:

mamareader02
03-06-15, 09:21 AM
See TL?! You need to adjust something in game(onion time would help ease anger a bit),I don't wanna be the only one playing,please,you created these games for people to have fun AND for yall to make money-people won't play if they're not enjoying the game,therefore you won't make money,let's find a way to comprimise

nmishii
03-06-15, 11:24 AM
I agree on adjusting the onion time. Would also like to see an adjustment to the vanilla time. For most of yesterday I had 4-6 of my spice garden slots filled with vanilla.

Also with the new recipes and appliances and mastery set goals we need more counters. They filled up regularly in the original game and more often now.

cquinn32
03-06-15, 11:39 AM
Yes please make some adjustments to the update. Cutting down the onion refresh time on onions sounds great but how bout just decreasing the # of onions required for the sauce to 1. I mean three onions just for sauce is rediculous!! At least make the dishes that require the sauce reflect the amount of time and effort going into them a little more than you did. I haven't been able to even use my chateau oven because I've only been able to harvest 1 vanilla in idk how many plantings of my 7 plots.

kooky panda
03-06-15, 12:00 PM
Why I cannot accept the gifts, visit the neighbors I want, and only send to who I want?

Is that and another thing, I had around 50 valentine letters and know I don't have any, I'm still able to unlock the other recipes "Lovely Cheesecake" and "Heartberry Tart" from the Valentine Oven?

Kooky? Or any admin? Help?
Check on this. :)

RobsAngel91214
03-06-15, 12:07 PM
In response to those who are asking about unlocking the pizza oven and mixer it looks like u have to earn 30 gold mastery stars(15 each) to unlock them. I agree with those suggesting lowering amounts of certain veggies or meats needed in recipes. I think either reduce load times on them or amounts needed. The goal I am working on right now requires me to make 3 more potato soup and 4 beef stew. It takes over an hr to refresh potatoes and steaks and u have to wait on 2 refreshes to get enough to make the recipes. Same with green peppers. I just unlocked the sandwich deli and learning BLT, working on grilled cheese mastery towards the new mastery sandwich and spaghetti mastery so I can move on to carrot cake which I have been alternating with quiche to get that goal accomplished. I love the adding of new recipes and appliances. Just think amounts of certain items or reload times need adjusted.

kooky panda
03-06-15, 12:21 PM

While the Valentine's Cards are not available to see in the storage, there are still in your account. Once you get to the right level, you should be able to see them when you tap on the recipe. You will see 20/20 Valentine's Cards (If you have 20) and be able to learn it from there.
Players that do not have Valentine's Cards but get to the level, are able to purchase the Cards with Gems if they would like to learn the recipe. :)

cocauina
03-06-15, 01:09 PM
[/B]

While the Valentine's Cards are not available to see in the storage, there are still in your account. Once you get to the right level, you should be able to see them when you tap on the recipe. You will see 20/20 Valentine's Cards (If you have 20) and be able to learn it from there.
Players that do not have Valentine's Cards but get to the level, are able to purchase the Cards with Gems if they would like to learn the recipe. :)

Thank you very much Kooky :)

mcmug17
03-06-15, 10:10 PM
After getting screwed by learning the supreme pizza, I've decided to take back any praise I wrote previously and join the masses as the last supporter for the latest update!!!!

I'm kidding... This is just a game and TL can do whatever they want with it. I can put it down whenever I feel like as well.

gravityx9
03-07-15, 08:17 AM
I am currently at 794/9,947,999 To get from level 49 to level 50

It takes so many more blue xp stars to level up.
This is a big jump between levels.

Is this a glitch?

nmishii
03-07-15, 11:23 AM
I am currently at 794/9,947,999 To get from level 49 to level 50

It takes so many more blue xp stars to level up.
This is a big jump between levels.

Is this a glitch?

its their way of saying level 49 is the highest at this time. They do it in other games. Because if you reach higher levels you may get locked out of your game. This game is still new and eventually they may add more levels, and when they do, you may jump levels depending how many xps you have.

gravityx9
03-07-15, 11:25 AM
its their way of saying level 49 is the highest at this time. They do it in other games. Because if you reach higher levels you may get locked out of your game. This game is still new and eventually they may add more levels, and when they do, you may jump levels depending how many xps you have.

thanks for the update, nmishii! good to know

mamareader02
03-09-15, 08:30 AM
Sooooo.....the app update said "special events coming soon",and I see Stormies has that area built,so when is it going to open up for the rest of us?

enaid03
03-09-15, 08:42 AM
Sooooo.....the app update said "special events coming soon",and I see Stormies has that area built,so when is it going to open up for the rest of us?

Stormie's area hasn't changed for me. It looks the same as when I started playing.

Jennerwein1
03-09-15, 02:01 PM
My Stormies has a building "Special imports" above the general store.

enaid03
03-09-15, 02:36 PM
My Stormies has a building "Special imports" above the general store.

With the tea cup on top? I've had that since I started in December. My Stormie has been missing the completed seafood market, and the boat in the water is fixed.

The only thing that has changed for me at Stormies since I began this game is the seasonal decor.

PraxisOfGood
03-16-15, 08:41 AM
I'm wondering how close people are getting to unlocking the triple decker sandwich. I was lucky enough to finish the French dip sandwich just a few hours before unlocking the corned beef quest, so I've been able to keep both events going at full speed. Right now, I just need 49 cucumber sandwiches to finish. Heh, I'm now wishing for those bygone days when my street market was clogged with cucumbers!

How are you coming along?

queentina3
03-16-15, 08:46 AM
Not good but not bad either. I guess middle of the road.

Grilled Cheese - completed all three levels
French Dip = 28/35 and then level 2 is completed. This one I've been trying to cook overnight and add mastery spice to as it takes so long.
BLT = haven't even started yet so it's 0/115 at level 1. LOL!!!
Cucumber = 26/115 in level 2, so I still have a ways to go here.

Overall my count is 6/12, so halfway. :)

mamareader02
03-16-15, 10:22 AM
French dip,done,BLT and cucumber sandwiches are both midway on level 3,almost there,now I can completely focus on using my mastery spices on them as I just finished Liam's quests(no more VIP treatment at my place for him)

Rockinkitten
03-16-15, 11:40 PM
Seriously, almost everything needs elusive ginger now?
And lettuce now takes 5 times as long?

Why are you taking the fun out of this game?
I'm done. Getting bored with all TL games.

orleansparish
03-17-15, 06:32 AM
My Cid and garden girl hasn't come around either. This is a flop all around. Comcast? More like sprint.

cquinn32
03-17-15, 06:53 AM
Cid not showing up for me either!! I opened my game this morning and Cid is almost always there or just walking in but today he was nowhere to be seen.

queentina3
03-17-15, 07:14 AM
For all we know CID and Lilly being AWOL could be part of the game mechanics. Maybe they'll only show up once a day now, instead of every 1/2 hour for CID and every hour for Lilly. You do all realize the games economy is at stake right? We can't be allowed to get so many parts a day, random or not. We have to be given $5 coins, and eggs, and cheese............

Yes, I was being sarcastic but it wouldn't surprise me if CID and Lilly are gone for a reason, though I do hope it's a glitch.

WinnyWoos
03-17-15, 09:05 AM
For all we know CID and Lilly being AWOL could be part of the game mechanics. Maybe they'll only show up once a day now, instead of every 1/2 hour for CID and every hour for Lilly. You do all realize the games economy is at stake right? We can't be allowed to get so many parts a day, random or not. We have to be given $5 coins, and eggs, and cheese............

Yes, I was being sarcastic but it wouldn't surprise me if CID and Lilly are gone for a reason, though I do hope it's a glitch.

At this point, I wouldn't be surprised one bit.

kooky panda
03-18-15, 07:49 AM
Guys please keep you comments on the topic of the new recipes. Recent off topic posts have been removed.

Thanks

bobbyrae
03-18-15, 09:51 AM

Lilly hasn't popped in since yesterday for me. Sigh. Maybe she and CID had a fight or something.

rosewaterlily
03-20-15, 08:18 PM
I unlocked the triple decker sandwich, no screencap, but here's the recipe:
4 bread, 3 meat, 3 tomatoes, 3 mayo
3 hrs to cook, 400 servings, 2000 coins.

Aud2007
03-21-15, 04:28 AM
I unlocked the triple decker sandwich, no screencap, but here's the recipe:
4 bread, 3 meat, 3 tomatoes, 3 mayo
3 hrs to cook, 400 servings, 2000 coins.

Thanks for posting! I still have a few cucumber sandwiches to make, and I was wondering if the triple decker would be worth it.