PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant Update: March 4th 2015

jandtandn
03-03-15, 09:56 AM
It's preview day! What is everyone looking forward to seeing?

There are 7 days left on the Valentine's goals. With the early addition of the St. Patrick's Day sale items, we may be getting a goal to go along with it!

Edit ~ FrozenTurtle

Just a heads up to everyone: This week's content is going to be delayed a few hours. Instead of going out this morning, keep an eye out in your games sometime this afternoon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

edit(KP)

http://media.tumblr.com/e96dab06783035d50cdbe11e837c2ee9/tumblr_inline_nknqhldJGs1qm7yoc.pngSalutations, mystery solvers, a crime has taken place in your Restaurant! It seems that your cook has been found guilty of fabricating delicious snacks! Whether she’s dusting powdered sugar for fingerprints on cookies or solving mystery meats, your Customers will feel at ease with Detective Phoebe in Restaurant Story (https://www.facebook.com/restaurantstory)!
Take a peek at these new mysterious items:

Footprint Tile
Question Chair
Candle Lamp

Natasha_07
03-03-15, 12:53 PM
Easter goals please!

jandtandn
03-03-15, 02:45 PM
I'm hoping for something Spring-related!

alexnfriends
03-03-15, 03:53 PM
I would like to see goal ovens that make food that sells for at least 4 coins...! I could not believe that all the food/drink from Valentine's goals was selling for only 2 coins... as was the food for the "kiddie menu" ...

Also, I would like to be able to use parts we have collected... With all the new parts, Nbrs are losing interest in gifting, feeling like it is not worth the trouble. Not to mention that we are "exploding" with parts!

lynniefish
03-03-15, 04:19 PM
I would like to see goal ovens that make food that sells for at least 4 coins...! I could not believe that all the food/drink from Valentine's goals was selling for only 2 coins... as was the food for the "kiddie menu" ...

Also, I would like to be able to use parts we have collected... With all the new parts, Nbrs are losing interest in gifting, feeling like it is not worth the trouble. Not to mention that we are "exploding" with parts!
Couldn't agree more with both your points! I cooked all those love potions for goals and gems but trashed them...just won't serve 2 coin dishes. And it's getting ridiculous to scroll through the gifting menu...please, TL, stop adding parts and maybe add a tab or two, like we have in the recipe menus: Food, Basic Parts, Holiday Parts. Come to think of it, the design menus could use tabs like that, too, most particularly the floor decor menu. You have to pack a lunch to scroll through that thing!

lynniefish
03-03-15, 04:29 PM
I'm hoping for something Spring-related!

And I'm so ready for spring content, too!!! Is it possible we'll get goals with a week remaining on Valentine's? Do they ever overlap?

StevenKevin
03-03-15, 06:05 PM
Just checked the update on the blog i just love it yessssss :) a crime update thats simply amazing :) wish it could have been a corpse but well ill make do with a theft :) the crime scene dividers look awesome and grangran as miss marple or jessica fletcher could have been as grand as phoebe as sherlock, but cant wait for tomorrows update, the police are invited :)

sbratprincess
03-03-15, 06:12 PM
Not sure how I feel about the update yet. I like the chairs and tables.

rosewaterlily
03-03-15, 06:17 PM
http://media.tumblr.com/e96dab06783035d50cdbe11e837c2ee9/tumblr_inline_nknqhldJGs1qm7yoc.png

Salutations, mystery solvers, a crime has taken place in your Restaurant! It seems that your cook has been found guilty of fabricating delicious snacks! Whether she?s dusting powdered sugar for fingerprints on cookies or solving mystery meats, your Customers will feel at ease with Detective Phoebe in Restaurant Story!
Take a peek at these new mysterious items:
Footprint Tile
Question Chair
Candle Lamp

FYI the blog has moved to blog.storm8.com.

ilaria2464
03-03-15, 06:19 PM
Looks like a new goal? Since there are new appliances

ElaineCarrel
03-03-15, 07:08 PM
O goodie a new challenge.

barbaraann72
03-03-15, 07:09 PM
Cuuuuuuuuute! It was Phoebe, in the kitchen, with the spatula!

pipipooh1977
03-03-15, 07:52 PM
Looks neat! :)

Natasha_07
03-03-15, 08:07 PM
Mystery Co. Sounds intriguing. I wonder who is stealing from the kitchen, with all those footprints around...

BTW looks like B & R having goals same time.

twospoons
03-03-15, 08:10 PM
i wonder what the food on the question mark stoves is, cause it looks like stuff we already had. anyway, i can't say that i'm thrilled, but such is life. i do wish they'd stop giving us phoebe in costume and introduce a new character.

pixiegamer
03-03-15, 08:46 PM
i wonder what the food on the question mark stoves is, cause it looks like stuff we already had. anyway, i can't say that i'm thrilled, but such is life. i do wish they'd stop giving us phoebe in costume and introduce a new character.

I agree. For what it's worth, I think it's a great theme, just maybe not "restauranty" enough for a goal set. But I'll be happy to be proven wrong based on the recipes we get :) Although, if one of those recipes isn't "mystery meat", I'm going to be so disappointed - if there were ever a prime opportunity to introduce it, this would be it!

Looking at the preview again, I could see myself using a lot of the new items for Halloween. It's a shame I'd have to wait so long to do it though! I just redecorated my resto for Springtime.

Hopefully Gran-Gran is the mastermind behind this and we finally get her in a floor decoration ;)

AuntyRose32
03-03-15, 08:53 PM
Cuuuuuuuuute! It was Phoebe, in the kitchen, with the spatula!

No it was Gran-Gran, on the restaurant patio with the frying pan.....or maybe it was Action Chef, he always seemed a bit shifty to me!

Love it, cute idea. Detective Phoebe looks great.

orleansparish
03-04-15, 02:48 AM
Just checked the update on the blog i just love it yessssss :) a crime update thats simply amazing :) wish it could have been a corpse but well ill make do with a theft :) the crime scene dividers look awesome and grangran as miss marple or jessica fletcher could have been as grand as phoebe as sherlock, but cant wait for tomorrows update, the police are invited :)

A corpse? Hahahaha! Only you would appreciate the carcass of a cow while we serve the burgers. I like the main display. It's cute. The tile looks ridiculous. And the tables are a mess. Chairs are cute, Im sure I can make them work, though Im Stuck on how I like my shop to look. And I usually only keep those overpriced, yet cute glass tables with the old gold chairs.

But new food...yay! Or it looks like old food but a new stove. Maybe a quick cooking one? Who knows?! If it has low yield I won't even Rush to make it. Sick of selling out too soon.

StevenKevin
03-04-15, 04:21 AM
A corpse? Hahahaha! Only you would appreciate the carcass of a cow while we serve the burgers. I like the main display. It's cute. The tile looks ridiculous. And the tables are a mess. Chairs are cute, Im sure I can make them work, though Im Stuck on how I like my shop to look. And I usually only keep those overpriced, yet cute glass tables with the old gold chairs.

But new food...yay! Or it looks like old food but a new stove. Maybe a quick cooking one? Who knows?! If it has low yield I won't even Rush to make it. Sick of selling out too soon.

I meant a real corpse lol a murder party sort of :-) im a total mystery fan :-)
Whatever i hope its not a goal i want the items to redecorate (i havent redecorated for years, literally) but i certainly dont intend to waste hours like i used to when i started the game. I still think there should be an option for players who dont want to do goals, like: buy prizes for X gems. But well no reason why i be worried about frightening goals so far lol

minidemon88
03-04-15, 04:25 AM
I feel like mopping the floor when I saw the footprints all over it. =/

But I'm not as excited as the one we got in bs. Though I'm always happy for new appliance/new recipe.

awesomejujubeans
03-04-15, 08:34 AM
The end goal item is cute to me since I love Sherlock Holmes...also reminds me a bit of Clue. Really curious about those appliances. Anyone get the update yet?

xxxe
03-04-15, 08:37 AM
The end goal item is cute to me since I love Sherlock Holmes...also reminds me a bit of Clue. Really curious about those appliances. Anyone get the update yet?

The update usually doesn't come for another few hours. Around 2:30 pm eastern time for me.

xxxe
03-04-15, 08:43 AM

I thought the food looked like food we already have too. The frying pan looks like the omelette. Maybe it's a mystery oven that gives you a random thing to cook every time you click on it. Lol probably not but that would be interesting. Rather annoying too considering I have almost everything mastered.

awesomejujubeans
03-04-15, 10:04 AM
The update usually doesn't come for another few hours. Around 2:30 pm eastern time for me.

Ahh. EST for me too. Quality time with the tv til then! Lol

barbaraann72
03-04-15, 10:25 AM
No it was Gran-Gran, on the restaurant patio with the frying pan.....or maybe it was Action Chef, he always seemed a bit shifty to me!

Love it, cute idea. Detective Phoebe looks great.

Action Chef in the Diner with the giant Gold Coffee Bean! ;)

VanaCatu
03-04-15, 11:01 AM
hi everyone! reserved separate thread for goals guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?79270-RESTAURANT-GOALS-2015-Mar-04-CSI-Kitchen) :)

AuntyRose32
03-04-15, 11:04 AM
Action Chef in the Diner with the giant Gold Coffee Bean! ;)

Hahaha....I forgot about the giant gold coffee bean! That was most definitely Action Chefs weapon of choice.

FrozenTurtle
03-04-15, 11:21 AM
Just a heads up to everyone: today's content is going to be delayed a few hours. Instead of going out this morning, keep an eye out in your games sometime this afternoon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

AuntyRose32
03-04-15, 11:26 AM
Thanks for letting us know FT.

PepperWoo
03-04-15, 11:26 AM
Just a heads up to everyone: today's content is going to be delayed a few hours. Instead of going out this morning, keep an eye out in your games sometime this afternoon. Sorry for the inconvenience!

Thanks for the heads up. Is it only for RS or does the delay affect BS too?

LalaSmooth
03-04-15, 12:15 PM
Thanks for heads up

sweetypies97
03-04-15, 01:04 PM
Thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated!

peppy903
03-04-15, 01:08 PM
Maybe you can help me report another player for stalking and threatening another player.please help me.

meme1098
03-04-15, 01:15 PM
Post in the Forum Disputes thread. Be sure to take pictures & have as much info about them & their shop as possible.

http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes

This thread is only viewable by you & the Mods

CuteTali
03-04-15, 01:26 PM
Oh no, I see new appliances. Please don't give us goals in bakery and restaurant both at the same time, it's so stressful :( My alt account is still struggling with last month's appliances and recipes.

pipipooh1977
03-04-15, 01:32 PM
Oh no, I see new appliances. Please don't give us goals in bakery and restaurant both at the same time, it's so stressful :( My alt account is still struggling with last month's appliances and recipes.

There are new goals in both. Bs goals are out but still waiting for RS goals to start.

LightAndLove83
03-04-15, 01:36 PM
What is with all the bullying lately? And there must be tech difficulties with RS goal. Lol! Also, I agree with CuteTali, they have taken this whole "longer goal" thing way too far. *sigh*

nicola211982
03-04-15, 02:25 PM
Just logged into RS and the goals are there.

alicee11
03-04-15, 02:27 PM
What about this wallpaper? If I already have it how can I buy again??

xxxe
03-04-15, 02:34 PM
What about this wallpaper? If I already have it how can I buy again??

Just buy any new wallpaper. Any kind will do. I just went with the cheapest.

StevenKevin
03-04-15, 02:35 PM
Goals :( what a major disappointment :( ill never create te mystery atmosphere i was so thrilled to create :( why not simply offer prizes for gems to players who dont want to waste time cooking heaps of recipes for hours and hours?????

ssngrn
03-04-15, 02:46 PM
Just received update ,but I don't have the news wallpaper

Natasha_07
03-04-15, 02:47 PM
Just received update ,but I don't have the news wallpaper

Buy any wallpaper!
Look for the cheapest.

DLL137
03-04-15, 03:46 PM
What do you get from complaining about goals those who do?
Every single month some people complain, most are satisfied if not thrilled but always a handful complain about one thing or another.
WHY? Unless something is a major problem I refrain cuz it's a bummer for others to see post after post of personal disappointment or just plain complaining.

"If you don't have anything nice to say.."

That said, it's your choice to do them or not, you CAN buy a gazillion gems and just finish them like that, stop suggesting we can't; that is lunacy.
If you don't like a particular theme again you can choose to just not do the challenge & keep your complaining to yourself cuz that isn't necessary and you know it or You can PM Storm8 your personal qualms; all those "oh this sucks" "oh this oh that wha wha wha complain complain complain I want my way in every aspect of my life or I'll complain everytime boo hoo" ..that's how you complainers come across & you don't have to bring everyone else down in the dumps just cuz you're so hard to satisfy with your unrealistic expectations.

xandine_heartsong
03-04-15, 05:17 PM
Will we still be getting some new paddys day stuff? Was hoping to be able to make a good st. Paddys theme on just gold since most of the decor out on sale is for gems.

Cool update! Just confused about the timing for it.

ilaria2464
03-04-15, 06:15 PM
Every single month some people complain, most are satisfied if not thrilled but always a handful complain about one thing or another.
WHY? Unless something is a major problem I refrain cuz it's a bummer for others to see post after post of personal disappointment or just plain complaining.

That said, it's your choice to do them or not, you CAN buy a gazillion gems and just finish them like that, stop suggesting we can't; that is lunacy.
If you don't like a particular theme again you can choose to just not do the challenge & keep your complaining to yourself cuz that isn't necessary and you know it or You can PM Storm8 your personal qualms; all those "oh this sucks" "oh this oh that wha wha wha complain complain complain I want my way in every aspect of my life or I'll complain everytime boo hoo" ..that's how you complainers come across & you don't have to bring everyone else down in the dumps just cuz you're so hard to satisfy with your unrealistic expectations.

I could not agree more! People need to understand that they aren't going to like everything that Storm8 puts out. It's that simple.

detroithey6
03-04-15, 06:15 PM
not really my style but i love getting new ovens..idk when ill use these decorations again..maybe Halloween or something

xandine_heartsong
03-04-15, 06:45 PM
Holy cow, I just realized they actually listened to us this time.
Title of the second goal in this questline is "put the PI back in pie" could be a stretch, but it sounds like they actually listened to the requests for a goal about Pi day, 3.1415 (March 14 '15).

Guys, I think they actually listened to us and did something special for this super special pi day! I'm thrilled if I'm right!

awesomejujubeans
03-04-15, 07:51 PM
I am pretty sure someone suggested a mystery/crime theme as well. So many threads to look over on it, but I am very certain. :)

twospoons
03-04-15, 07:56 PM
Holy cow, I just realized they actually listened to us this time.
Title of the second goal in this questline is "put the PI back in pie" could be a stretch, but it sounds like they actually listened to the requests for a goal about Pi day, 3.1415 (March 14 '15).

Guys, I think they actually listened to us and did something special for this super special pi day! I'm thrilled if I'm right!

okay, now i'm excited! yay Pi Day!

fatbearsecondary
03-04-15, 08:12 PM
okay, now i'm excited! yay Pi Day!

Not to rain on the parade here, b/c I'm a total pi lover, but PI also stands for private investigator. I think that's all they mean... But I'll wish y'all a happy early PI Day anyway!

twospoons
03-04-15, 08:16 PM
Not to rain on the parade here, b/c I'm a total pi lover, but PI also stands for private investigator. I think that's all they mean... But I'll wish y'all a happy early PI Day anyway!

darn it. :(

and complaining about other people complaining is somehow so much better?

look, i'm not a huge fan of people who make the exact same complaint every month because they happen not to like goals or boxes or another particular thing that pops up a lot in the game, nor do i particularly like THIS SUCKS!!! overreactions, but what is wrong with honest feedback? if i don't like something, i'll say that i don't like it and then wait for the next update. i'm not screaming, i'm not repeating myself endlessly (except about bundles), i'm just expressing my opinion. and i think letting TL know what their players think of updates--good and bad--is one of the basic points of having a forum.

xandine_heartsong
03-04-15, 08:26 PM
I know that PI stands for Private Investigator, but I'm trying to figure out "Why Now?" And PI day is the only thing that fits right now... I said it was a long shot, but I'm going to stay excited about my theory even if it isn't the case because I'm a nerd and I love Pi. XD

awesomejujubeans
03-05-15, 12:48 PM
Anyone unlock the Mystery Machine? I just finished my Bruschetta.

DLL137
03-05-15, 02:54 PM
darn it. :(

and complaining about other people complaining is somehow so much better?

look, i'm not a huge fan of people who make the exact same complaint every month because they happen not to like goals or boxes or another particular thing that pops up a lot in the game, nor do i particularly like THIS SUCKS!!! overreactions, but what is wrong with honest feedback? if i don't like something, i'll say that i don't like it and then wait for the next update. i'm not screaming, i'm not repeating myself endlessly (except about bundles), i'm just expressing my opinion. and i think letting TL know what their players think of updates--good and bad--is one of the basic points of having a forum.

Fair points, I hope we can both agree there is a difference between constructive criticism & nagging. I love constructive criticism, always have & always will. It's the nagging that is repugnant...

eastie41
03-05-15, 08:52 PM
Thanks TL,

I like a different theme for a change. I do like the holiday or season themes too. This update is cute and different. Love the new appliances, too.:cool:

PepperWoo
03-05-15, 09:06 PM
Anyone unlock the Mystery Machine? I just finished my Bruschetta.

6 Ink, 6 Pocket Watch, 6 Spring, 6 Screw

twospoons
03-06-15, 04:28 AM
Fair points, I hope we can both agree there is a difference between constructive criticism & nagging. I love constructive criticism, always have & always will. It's the nagging that is repugnant...

no. YOU SUCK!!!

(that's supposed to be a joke. we do both agree!)

I know that PI stands for Private Investigator, but I'm trying to figure out "Why Now?" And PI day is the only thing that fits right now... I said it was a long shot, but I'm going to stay excited about my theory even if it isn't the case because I'm a nerd and I love Pi. XD

hold out hope! there's still next week before it's too late!

pixiegamer
03-06-15, 10:30 AM
hold out hope! there's still next week before it's too late!

Yeah Pi Day!! I know St. Paddy's is also coming up, but Pi Day is more important! *wishes for Pie Oven*

jmterao
03-06-15, 11:07 AM
I just opened the Mystery Machine and fingerprint cookies only give 2 coins per serving? Uck.

Another recipe to toss in the trash once it's done cooking.

twospoons
03-06-15, 01:15 PM
it amazes me how people get through goals so quickly. i've only made 3 servings of the first recipe!

orleansparish
03-06-15, 02:25 PM
it amazes me how people get through goals so quickly. i've only made 3 servings of the first recipe!

Haha! Reminds me of bakery. I managed to build three of the second appliances from the LAST goal. I'm still waiting for sprinkles to start making coffee. Needless to say, I doubt I'll finish it in time. And I really like that last reward.

twospoons
03-06-15, 06:59 PM
oh no! that was a really cute one! i hope you finish.

meme1098
03-06-15, 08:48 PM
I just opened the Mystery Machine and fingerprint cookies only give 2 coins per serving? Uck.

Another recipe to toss in the trash once it's done cooking.

Exactly what I'm doing! Cook, serve, trash it. Why for the last few goals, & new recipes, are they only 2 coins per serving? Why the change???

lynniefish
03-06-15, 11:10 PM
Exactly what I'm doing! Cook, serve, trash it. Why for the last few goals, & new recipes, are they only 2 coins per serving? Why the change???

There are many of us who do this, apparently. Players who have lots of the recent 2-coin food on multiple counters but aren't paying attention to payout are wondering why their daily income has taken such a hit lately. I guessed in a post elsewhere that TL does this to benefit new players...more servings for a lower production cost...but it's not helpful at all to those of us who never run out of food and are trying to maximize earnings. It's a disappointing trend that I hope doesn't continue.

pieandcream
03-07-15, 01:44 AM

When goals start I only gift required items to my neighbours and they do the same, most of them. I think its all about a good neighbour network to be able to build the new appliances quickly :)

twospoons
03-08-15, 09:18 PM
When goals start I only gift required items to my neighbours and they do the same, most of them. I think its all about a good neighbour network to be able to build the new appliances quickly :)

Oh, no, my neighbors are great, building appliances is never my problem--it's the cooking, and remembering to get back in time to serve that ****s me. I've had to throw away so many 1 hour dishes that I just don't even start them unless I'm at home now, and even then I forget about them half the time.

There are many of us who do this, apparently. Players who have lots of the recent 2-coin food on multiple counters but aren't paying attention to payout are wondering why their daily income has taken such a hit lately. I guessed in a post elsewhere that TL does this to benefit new players...more servings for a lower production cost...but it's not helpful at all to those of us who never run out of food and are trying to maximize earnings. It's a disappointing trend that I hope doesn't continue.

I do see your point, but many people (myself included, though I wasn't alone) have been complaining for a while now about our ability to keep our counters stocked, not just new players. (As mentioned above, I can't log in very much during the work day.) I have no idea what the balance is between players with too much food and those with not enough, and obviously the best answer would be higher yields with keeping a 4 coin price, but so far the change has been personally helpful. I wouldn't want it to continue forever though, because eventually I'd end up overstocked. I would be happiest, if they won't do high yield high profit dishes, with them making one high yield dish and one high profit (or normal profit) on each machine, with the third one in between.