PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update - 3-3-2015

IsisGarden
03-03-15, 09:34 AM
It's update day...

edit(KP)

Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback! We've decided to increase the size of the Opera Darling just a bit. We hope you like it! :)

Sophisticated & Shamrocked Update
Almost everything green or Shamrock related is on a 15 Day Sale (15DS).

Catalog
Runway Gorgeous – 15DS
Daring Red – 10 hour new catalog
(I believe this was someone’s suggestion from the poll, not sure who’s though).

Tables & Counters
15DS items
Thin Green Counter
Green Counter
Green Rack
Shamrock Counter
This Green Light Counter
Green Light Counter
Thin Shamrock Counter

Dressing Rooms
15DS items
Shamrock
Claddagh Heart

Wall Decor
15DS items
Shamrock Wall Plant

Decor
15DS items
St. Patrick Display
Green Lamp
Clover Candles
Celtic Divider
Lucky Couch
Pot of Gold Jewelry Display
Shamrock Plant

New Items
Before the Show
Opera Darling

Wallpaper
15DS items
Light Green
Forest Green

New Item
Socialite

Floor Tiles
15DS items
Green
Backlit Green

New Item
Sophistic

invisibella
03-03-15, 10:22 AM
Ah...the excitement of tuesdays... :)

CuteTali
03-03-15, 11:54 AM
Try not to get your hopes up anymore...We'll never get the kind of items we actually want to see in the game. Every week I think maybe this week, maybe this week and every week I get disappointed once again. We literally spell it out for them about what we need in this game and everytime we get another disappointment slapped in our faces.

DragonWished
03-03-15, 12:09 PM
Maybe another career-oriented theme, such as public service or broadcasting.

But, really. I just want to see color in a 4-item catalog!

invisibella
03-03-15, 12:24 PM
I know what you mean..Im not even motivated to work for gems :/

IsisGarden
03-03-15, 12:27 PM
I'm not very motivated or excited about the update this week. The last few weeks of update have been blah and dull!

thepenfreak17
03-03-15, 12:30 PM
Colorful updates have become as rare as white tigers as of now.

CuteTali
03-03-15, 12:32 PM
When we do get some color in displays or catalogues it's always so tacky (Mod Closet, anyone? Such a pretty dress and it had to be grass green with everything in the background as loud as possible)!! They need to hire designers with good taste for a change, really!

DragonWished
03-03-15, 12:50 PM
Lots o' green in the sales section. My goodness.

Anyone check the catalog?

Natasha_07
03-03-15, 12:50 PM
I don't know what to expect, it's always so randomly unexpected...

I did like the LTO dress from a few days back though.

StevenKevin
03-03-15, 12:51 PM
st Patrick sales.... i remember some items.... not sure if they are all old or if some are new like the display

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 12:55 PM
So much greeeen so many stuff love it all I must have!!! Lol thanks team lava!!! Waiting for a sale now lol!

orleansparish
03-03-15, 01:00 PM
Oh my gosh! The backlit green tile is on sale. Very nice! But why couldn't you all release the white or blue the last two weeks? It would have went well with the stuff released. Or the red for V-Day. Please give us the rest! Pretty, pretty please!

And I mean, come on, so many other displays could have been released again. The kelp one I now wish Id gotten, the Emerald garden, spring garden, garden salad, fairy garden or whatever they're called. Yall know what I'm Trying to say!

I didn't like the LTO from last year and I don't want it now. I remember getting it on a smaller account just so it can have a large display. It's dull.

andromedablack
03-03-15, 01:02 PM
No new catalogue?

orleansparish
03-03-15, 01:05 PM
Why is the white dress with a timer? Wasn't it always 20 gems? O.o

Why not the mint green or St. Paddy a dress from last year, that could double as a cheap bar maid costume?

Why have the removed old St. Paddys day clothes for sale in the closet, but not allow us to order them for the 15 days?

So many questions...so much silliness and confusion.

I'm off to buy about 500 green tiles!

IsisGarden
03-03-15, 01:05 PM
No new catalogue?

It's in the formal tab... Daring red.

aishaibrahims
03-03-15, 01:06 PM
Happy about most of the old items, nothing really exciting me tho!
Havent seen 1 new item and no catalogue, unless i missed something! Agreed about the display, theres much better! Il be getting afew bits coz i do love getting the chance to get old items again. Hope this isnt all we are offered for 15 days. And is it just mine or are other peoples green items claiming they on sale but the same price as before?!

orleansparish
03-03-15, 01:07 PM
No new catalogue?

The catalog is lovely! But it looks like it would have went well with that old Hollywood display, we last had for goals. Or the victorian color scheme. Not design but colors. Or even the gold stuff with the perfume display. It's a deep bur***dy and gold combo. Can't post pics, Im sure someone else will.

It just seems out of place with the green stuff. The red tiles could have and should have been related too. I'm being greedy.

But it's cute. And four pieces.

IsisGarden
03-03-15, 01:07 PM
st Patrick sales.... i remember some items.... not sure if they are all old or if some are new like the display

I think the Shamrock and Thin Shamrock counters are new. I don't recognize the Claddagh closet or the Shamrock Plant.

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:09 PM
I think this might be old closet items!!!!

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/134CA8B1-D56D-42E0-B16F-5A7321D72E5E.png.jpeg (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/134CA8B1-D56D-42E0-B16F-5A7321D72E5E.png.jpeg.html)

This the new catalog and I love it very elegant and COLOR!!!!!!
http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/5A66C20D-C0F0-4B16-BF25-FBFB299984B0.png.jpeg (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/5A66C20D-C0F0-4B16-BF25-FBFB299984B0.png.jpeg.html)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/629CBE82-7A16-4B7D-86CA-CB5A99B415C6.png.jpeg (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/629CBE82-7A16-4B7D-86CA-CB5A99B415C6.png.jpeg.html)

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:12 PM
Don't have gems to take pics of the big displays but they don't look half bad as well as old items and the green tiles woottss I am very pleased I could complain about what we didn't get but I'm really happy we got so many good things for st Patric is not my fav theme but we got something and look forward to keep getting more updates like this through the year:)

aishaibrahims
03-03-15, 01:13 PM
Il assume android must be getting new version then, got old stuff but no new. Il calm down then! Bit more excited now!

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:15 PM
Il assume android must be getting new version then, got old stuff but no new. Il calm down then! Bit more excited now!

Oh noes lol then yeah you might be getting new version hold it there sweetie it's a nice update atleast for me it looks nice :)

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:15 PM
And sorry if I spoiled anything xD

aiyoosha
03-03-15, 01:16 PM

oh so u didnt see the couple at a table and the opera scene?

aishaibrahims
03-03-15, 01:17 PM
Nope lol, just the old items and green stuff that is priced the same as before : ( if its anything like the dress bella im excited!!

StevenKevin
03-03-15, 01:18 PM
oh no not a new version again im an opera fan why those so called new versions that dont really bring anything to the game??????

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:21 PM
It gives free gems if you wait for the goal? Lol but yeah I hated new versions >_<

aiyoosha
Nope lol, just the old items and green stuff that is priced the same as before : ( if its anything like the dress bella im excited!!

yeh thats it exactly but i actually like the green dress and doggy bag better actually then the red opera outfit lol

aishaibrahims
Last time we got new version next day, anyone able to take pics would be much appreciated to get a glimpse of any new items.

aishaibrahims
03-03-15, 01:23 PM
yeh thats it exactly but i actually like the green dress and doggy bag better actually then the red opera outfit lol
I love em both, not so much the hat tho : /

aiyoosha
03-03-15, 01:24 PM
I love em both, not so much the hat tho : /

yeh XD that hat looks like peter pans hat looooooolz, i aint no lost boy! lolol

ariesblu
03-03-15, 01:27 PM
Thank you bellamiux for the photos. It helps those of us who aren't able to get in the game yet.

aiyoosha
03-03-15, 01:30 PM
Here girls. i got it from my awesome neighbor! ^_^
http://i62.tinypic.com/1znwiea.jpg

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:33 PM
No problem Ariesblu ;) thx Aiyoosha they look good :D but somehow it makes me feel like they are displays from bakery lol but still pretty!!!

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:35 PM
And when they close the table couple look like Giants o.O or is it just me?

aiyoosha
03-03-15, 01:35 PM
No problem Ariesblu ;) thx Aiyoosha they look good :D but somehow it makes me feel like they are displays from bakery lol but still pretty!!!

i like how the guy with the black hair looks like *faints* more slanted eyes wouldve been wonderful on him *drools* ;)

CuteTali
03-03-15, 01:36 PM
I think the Shamrock and Thin Shamrock counters are new. I don't recognize the Claddagh closet or the Shamrock Plant.

The Shamrock and Thin Shamrock are actually old items. I bought some back in 2012, only had 5 of the big ones, now I got 7 of each. I've always like those, regardless of them being seasonal.

P.S. Thanks Bellamiux for posting big clear pictures of both catalogues!

aiyoosha
03-03-15, 01:37 PM
And when they close the table couple look like Giants o.O or is it just me?

they are giants loooooolz feefifofum?

CuteTali
03-03-15, 01:39 PM

Shhh...let's not complain about this. I like the bigger scale of people in FS lately. Can see all the details better, just put them more to the front of smaller scale items.

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:40 PM

Lmao I was like thinking ok maybe is an opera for Giants but they only had humans performing?... Is ok.... Is ok... We can make it work.... Lmao

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:42 PM
i like how the guy with the black hair looks like *faints* more slanted eyes wouldve been wonderful on him *drools* ;)

He looks anime... Or maybe I watch too much anime lol but he does looks handsome!!!!! Lol don't drool too much hun might be a turn off lolz

Bellamiux
03-03-15, 01:45 PM
Shhh...let's not complain about this. I like the bigger scale of people in FS lately. Can see all the details better, just put them more to the front of smaller scale items.

Hahaha yeah I don't mind their size!!!!!! Lol just don't place them together with midget figures xD hehe

aiyoosha
03-03-15, 01:45 PM
He looks anime... Or maybe I watch too much anime lol but he does looks handsome!!!!! Lol don't drool too much hun might be a turn off lolz

*gets nosebleeed n screams* i thought it was just me who thought that looooooolz thts why i like him, im thinking to get the display just for that lol

CuteTali
03-03-15, 01:46 PM
Also.. Thank you TL for making all recent floor displays not limited in time and added as permanent items to the game, that way we get more time to think about it and see it in all kinds of different setups in our neighbours shops. There are so many LTO's that I skipped on because I didn't like them much right off the bat, but after seeing them in all kinds of different setups, I decided I wanted to add them to my shop. I am still waiting for items like Afternoon Picnic to return to the game so that I can buy it.

mergirl96
03-03-15, 01:48 PM
I'm on android so I don't get to see the amazing new items, but from the pictures everything looks gorgeous! The catalog is so perfect! I'm really liking the new displays. There is so much more detail and they are very well done. The mannequins are more expressive and no longer have those crazy eyes. I also love the St. Patrick's sales with old items, but I do wish there were more floor displays. We finally got an outfit brought back which I'm super excited for. Overall splendid update.

Rose_00
03-03-15, 01:50 PM
Haven't got the new stuff yet, but am excited with the release of old items. I bought a couple of the shamrock wall plants and like 15 of the shamrock floor plants. c:

Natasha_07
03-03-15, 01:52 PM
I like the opera, it looks like a dollhouse plaything. :o

BTW the green display is lovely, getting that for sure.

Natasha_07
03-03-15, 01:53 PM
Ooh and by the looks of it, the catalog is just gorgeous!

aishaibrahims
03-03-15, 02:10 PM
I like the opera, it looks like a dollhouse plaything. :o

BTW the green display is lovely, getting that for sure.

I love the opera house 1, not sure about the dinner 1 tho. Wish the opera 1 was larger. Thanks for pics bella and aiyoosha, oh and wipe your chin girl!! And your nose!

Jade_Kisses
03-03-15, 02:28 PM
*gets nosebleeed n screams* i thought it was just me who thought that looooooolz thts why i like him, im thinking to get the display just for that lol

He looks like the guy in goggles from the Chic Lab Display. ��

orleansparish
03-03-15, 02:35 PM

Hahaha! I was JUST about to comment that the display looks right from bakery's toss away section. Then I looked down and saw you wrote it first. It's scaled wrong. Way too small. I thought it looked odd in the design sectiom. This confirms it. No worrying about getting gems this week for me.

DragonWished
03-03-15, 02:56 PM
I'm on android so I don't get to see the amazing new items,...

I'm using the FS amazon app for Android and have the update.

StevenKevin
03-03-15, 03:07 PM
Ty for the pux guys :)
Too bad theres no LTO though big time they bring LTOS back every other week to satisfy every player
oops dumb me almost forgot last weeks unexpected LTO im game for a similar surprise LTOs and boxed items are the best way to make stores very personal

JustKay
03-03-15, 03:19 PM
I don't care much for all the returning St Paddy's day items, but I do like the new level of quality in the new decorations. The level of detail is much better and people are more life like. The boys actually have lips instead of little squiggly lines! They still have a problem with the scaling though even within the one update. I don't get why as it's such a simple step to resize images. This really really puts me off. I'm going to do a little image test myself to see if I can resize the dinner decoration a bit smaller without losing much of the detail.

Update:

Done! Resized just the dinner couple to 80% straight away and looks reasonable against the opera scene without much detail loss. Not sure how this looks against the scale of existing displays though since I there are none in that original picture.

nky1111
03-03-15, 03:26 PM
claddagh heart dressing room is a LTO and what is the opera dollhouse everybody is talking about? a box? I don't have anything like that.
and omg light green wall is now time limited im laughing my off. and green lamp and everything green lol

CuteTali
03-03-15, 03:55 PM
@JustKay I actually like it the way it's scaled now, because you can use it by itself and it doesn't look like a puny little item you wouldn't want to display. If you place it in front of the opera display, maybe even a little further away from the stage, it looks perfect with current scaling.

I applaud TL for raising the scale on the models and displays lately.

JustKay
03-03-15, 04:24 PM
Looking at it in my game now, it looks like the Opera scene is the problem. The dinner matches the scale of existing displays, but the opera is just too small. Maybe the opera should have been a 4x4 display.

dalula
03-03-15, 04:41 PM
The outfit is gorgeous! The opera is really tiny though :P
I too appreciate how many displays are not limited time offers.

andromedablack
03-03-15, 04:44 PM
I have the sale items but not the new items, so Androids are getting a new version?

I don't mind so much for the green stuff except the puppy bag, but the new items seem gorgeous and elegant! Finally a catalogue with color and it's a gown too!

jojopeanut
03-03-15, 04:46 PM
I'm happy that TL brought back some older items like the shamrock plants I had some from before had lots of people ask me about them when I had them on display. And the back light green tiles even though I have more of them than any of the other ones.

lelaina752
03-03-15, 05:16 PM
I am also really happy that TL brought back previous items. I just wish TL had offered the Celtic wallpaper, the light blue jeans for our avatar that went with the green sweater catalog, and the Emerald Forest Display. Still happy with the items I was able to get more of though.

Natasha_07
03-03-15, 05:40 PM
I do not remember the emerald forest, anyone has a pic or from when was that ?

jojopeanut
03-03-15, 05:51 PM

Ha I have one in storage lots of people want this display unforturnatly I'm to busy at work and tired at home to get out and snap a pic. If you do a search here you might find a pic of it. It was a LTO back in the day.

StevenKevin
03-03-15, 06:10 PM
As a poor droid deprived of new items so far, was wondering how much the opera display and the new wallpaper could cost? If a lucky ios could tell, would be much appreciated ty in advance :)

MizCricket
03-03-15, 06:36 PM
The new items in the update look nice, but I really wish the artists would work on the scale of the items. When the items aren't all scaled the same, they don't look right no matter how you arrange them.

JustKay
03-03-15, 06:59 PM
As a poor droid deprived of new items so far, was wondering how much the opera display and the new wallpaper could cost? If a lucky ios could tell, would be much appreciated ty in advance :)

Oooh, new layout. No more orange...

The Opera is 30 gems (very reasonable priced), dinner is 30000coins, wallpaper is 5000, tile is 3000

Natasha_07
03-03-15, 08:11 PM
Maybe they scaled it that way to show the opera in the distance while focusing more on the couple. So opera is more of a background image to the couple.

What you think ?

CuteTali
03-03-15, 11:11 PM
Looking at it in my game now, it looks like the Opera scene is the problem. The dinner matches the scale of existing displays, but the opera is just too small. Maybe the opera should have been a 4x4 display.

I think the main reason why the opera stage looks somewhat smaller is because they wanted to include some theater seating in the display itself, so it's an integral part of it and to do that, they had to make a bit of a compromise on te size of the stage. It's such a neat item though that I don't mind that little detail at all.

jojopeanut
03-03-15, 11:52 PM
FYI: for Android user's using Google play you need to search for TL games now under (Storm8games)

orleansparish
03-04-15, 12:56 AM
I need the goal for Restaurant story, people! I'm trying to decorate four shops here!

gotalotaluv
03-04-15, 02:35 AM
For Android useres, can someone PLEASE tell me the NAME of the update? I can't find it anywhere!

aishaibrahims
03-04-15, 03:31 AM
For Android useres, can someone PLEASE tell me the NAME of the update? I can't find it anywhere!
I dont think its available yet. The last few versions was available the next day, but used to be friday before then. Maybe called fashion story opera??? Il post if i find it

StevenKevin
03-04-15, 04:13 AM
Oooh, new layout. No more orange...

The Opera is 30 gems (very reasonable priced), dinner is 30000coins, wallpaper is 5000, tile is 3000

Ty very much dear cant wait to get the wallpaper it will be perfect for my victorian corner

Lenkapon
03-04-15, 05:03 AM
Hi guys, is the doggy bag in the closet the limited offer? Cause on Android I didn't see the time left. But on iOS, I did see it.

cakebaby75
03-04-15, 05:29 AM
Soooo team lava has changed to storm 8. This might explain some of the changes in game recently?

minidemon88
03-04-15, 10:58 AM
Too bad, they didn't bring back the emerald forest display. :( I'm still thinking if I should get the St. Patrick's display or not. Hmmm~ Tough decision, since they keep releasing so many nice displays. >_<

Here you go. Does anyone know the name of the display at the bottom?
http://i57.tinypic.com/25ssrba.jpg

Hi guys, is the doggy bag in the closet the limited offer? Cause on Android I didn't see the time left. But on iOS, I did see it.

Yup, there's a timer on it so it's a limited offer sale.

lelaina752
03-04-15, 11:39 AM

I think it's called the Fairytale Display. Not positive though.

I also really like that red dressing room in the photo. I forget what it's called but I've always liked it.

majshops
03-04-15, 11:53 AM
I think it's called the Fairytale Display. Not positive though.

I also really like that red dressing room in the photo. I forget what it's called but I've always liked it.

PLEASE Teamlava/Storm8 give us the beautiful emerald forest display and Fairytale display!!! A lot of players will be super excited when we get a chance to buy it! We've been asking for over a year. Pretty please with sugar on top!! :D I would buy it in a heartbeat, no matter the gems! :p

orleansparish
03-04-15, 01:20 PM
Soooo team lava has changed to storm 8. This might explain some of the changes in game recently?

It's always been a storm 8 company. They just used different names for different types of content. Still the same peeps, it's all just under one uniform name to make it easier to find and know their items. They probably have different workers giving new ideas, to see if it adds to their earning potential. I love the changes. Id love it more if they gave me more green items. I'm thinking of a green and grey theme.

andromedablack
03-04-15, 01:22 PM
If we ever get the Fairytale display I'll be super excited and buy it no matter the price! It's just gorgeous! One of the best displays ever in this game for me!

CuteTali
03-04-15, 01:29 PM
If we ever get the Fairytale display I'll be super excited and buy it no matter the price! It's just gorgeous! One of the best displays ever in this game for me!

Which one is that one?

Oops nevermind, just went back to the previous page and saw a picture. It's an alright display. I'm still really disappointed with the lack of display sales for vday, maybe we'll get a nice sale around easter, I'm gonna hold off buying any more gems for now though.

andromedablack
03-04-15, 01:41 PM
I need that display for the spring/fairytale theme I plan to make when I find time, I hope they offer the Easter egg display once again because I want at least 1 more (my top favorite display ) and the Spring wedding display!

CuteTali
03-04-15, 01:46 PM
I need that display for the spring/fairytale theme I plan to make when I find time, I hope they offer the Easter egg display once again because I want at least 1 more (my top favorite display ) and the Spring wedding display!

Yeah, those would look good in your shop. I think you could do Easter all year-round, kinda like me and vday items hehe :p

t_to_the_max
03-04-15, 02:15 PM
Android is still waiting .....

andromedablack
03-04-15, 02:19 PM
Yeah, those would look good in your shop. I think you could do Easter all year-round, kinda like me and vday items hehe :p

Haha yes I'd LOVE to keep a spring/easter theme all year but I don't want to get bored with my favorite displays so I put them in storage to miss them! I love all the colorfull and flowery spring items plus I have an obsession with bunnies.
I love how you can keep the Valentine items all year!

CuteTali
03-04-15, 02:21 PM
Haha yes I'd LOVE to keep a spring/easter theme all year but I don't want to get bored with my favorite displays so I put them in storage to miss them! I love all the colorfull and flowery spring items plus I have an obsession with bunnies.
I love how you can keep the Valentine items all year!

I switch them in and out to also not get tired of them. This is my favorite theme in the whole game!

goingcountry
03-04-15, 02:24 PM
Android waiting AGAIN for update!!! They use to mention the name of the updates when posting the sneak peaks but I haven't seen that happen for a while.
STORM8, PLEASE STOP MAKING US ANDROID USER FEEL SO NEGLECTED. I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY THE UPDATES CAN'T BE DONE FOR ALL GAME PLAYER'S AT THE SAME TIME. ��Frustrated

ONeal28
03-04-15, 03:27 PM
I dont understand why Android has to wait so long. It doesn't make any sense. Thanks for showing us pics of the update.

ievuxia
03-04-15, 04:57 PM
Android users can install FS from amazon app, the new updates are always in that version as soon as they are released. That version is very slow, though. So if you decide to install it, I think you should keep the Google Play FS version too. That's what I do.

KarenK71
03-04-15, 06:03 PM
I just downloaded the amazon app and then searched for fashion story games. All I have now is the standard fashion story game with only the St. Patrick's day items and NO new opera items. I don't know what fashion story game you got from the amazon app store but the one I have gives me the exact same things as playstore does.

KarenK71
03-04-15, 06:13 PM
This is not true! I just did what they said and only found all of the old games on the amazon app store. No new updates here, at least I didn't see any.

Android users can install FS from amazon app, the new updates are always in that version as soon as they are released. That version is very slow, though. So if you decide to install it, I think you should keep the Google Play FS version too. That's what I do.

KarenK71
03-04-15, 06:47 PM
When we do get some color in displays or catalogues it's always so tacky (Mod Closet, anyone? Such a pretty dress and it had to be grass green with everything in the background as loud as possible)!! They need to hire designers with good taste for a change, really!

Actually, I think they should get a subscriptions to Vogue or In Style magazines. Maybe they should also subscribe to the fashion channel on YouTube so they can see what the top designers are sending down the runways in New York, Milan, Paris... etc.

borderin
03-04-15, 08:03 PM
The update is in the play store, Fashion Story Daring Red. :)

Rose_00
03-04-15, 09:57 PM
The update is in the play store, Fashion Story Daring Red. :)

Finally :D
Thank you

Zee_Zatara
03-04-15, 10:45 PM
Okay I'm going to comment about the scaling inconsistency of the mannequins again. I don't believe it is intentionally done, I believe it is a quality-control issue and something TL can and should rectify. Mannequins that look like giants compared to the other figures just look awkward, period. Besides, how many giant-sized mannequins do you see in actual fashion stores? Fashion mannequins are normal human size so they can be dressed in actual fashions. You don't see giant-sized mannequins in fashion stores because they would need to be dressed in specially-made giant-sized clothes. I would really like to see TL put forth more of an effort to make sure the scale of the figures is consistent.

ievuxia
03-05-15, 01:57 AM
This is not true! I just did what they said and only found all of the old games on the amazon app store. No new updates here, at least I didn't see any.

This IS TRUE. I got all the updates in that version including the newest red one.
Yes, that version looks like the standart one. But it has all the updates in it. PLUS when you have this version, you will still get a goal to install the "FS: Daring Red" on your Google Play version. So u get all the new items and get your free gems from a goal. And that's wonderful. If you do not see any new stuff on your version, you probably did something wrong. Wrong app store or something.

aishaibrahims
03-05-15, 04:20 AM
This IS TRUE. I got all the updates in that version including the newest red one.
Yes, that version looks like the standart one. But it has all the updates in it. PLUS when you have this version, you will still get a goal to install the "FS: Daring Red" on your Google Play version. So u get all the new items and get your free gems from a goal. And that's wonderful. If you do not see any new stuff on your version, you probably did something wrong. Wrong app store or something.
Yes your right, i too got the original fs app on amazon yesterday and all new content was there. Thanks for the tip : ) gonna hold out for some free gems now!

lelaina752
03-05-15, 08:05 AM
Okay I'm going to comment about the scaling inconsistency of the mannequins again. I don't believe it is intentionally done, I believe it is a quality-control issue and something TL can and should rectify. Mannequins that look like giants compared to the other figures just look awkward, period. Besides, how many giant-sized mannequins do you see in actual fashion stores? Fashion mannequins are normal human size so they can be dressed in actual fashions. You don't see giant-sized mannequins in fashion stores because they would need to be dressed in specially-made giant-sized clothes. I would really like to see TL put forth more of an effort to make sure the scale of the figures is consistent.

I agree with this, although it bothers me more when we get tiny mannequins that look ridiculously small compared to the shoppers. I didn't buy the perfume display because the mannequins looked really small compared to the shoppers. I also wish TL would pick a size for the mannequins/mannequins in displays and stick with it.

Aliciasfunstuff
03-05-15, 08:25 AM
Not seeing a 15ds on runway gorgeous catalog??
I got the amazon version while i await gem sale to dl new android version. ...
BTW im not understanding the release of all the green st patrick's day stuff with the red ...red and green in the same week makes me think christmas. The couple seems like a late vday item.The items on their own are nice though.

Zee_Zatara
03-05-15, 08:55 AM
I agree with this, although it bothers me more when we get tiny mannequins that look ridiculously small compared to the shoppers. I didn't buy the perfume display because the mannequins looked really small compared to the shoppers. I also wish TL would pick a size for the mannequins/mannequins in displays and stick with it.

Yes, undersized figures bug me as well. Just in general, figures that are all out of proportion to each other make the game look sloppy and poorly designed. And proportion is a very important aspect of fashion! It should be easy to correctly scale figures in a digital medium, someone just isn't making the effort. Like I said, it is a quality control issue. As for detail, we don't need oversized mannequins to see more detail, that is what the "zoom" function is for. All of my favorite mannequins in FS -- the prettiest as well as the most detailed in my opinion -- are normal sized. Not giants.

jewelfang
03-05-15, 09:50 AM
Count me among the people who are bothered by the scale of things being off.

I LOVE the detail on the opera display, and at first I was very excited and thought finally, a new display that I actually loved and wanted! Then I saw how it looks in the pics, like 2/3rds scale. I don't mind the shoppers and even displays perhaps being slightly different sizes, after all I'm only 5' tall IRL, and most people are taller, but this opera one, is way out of scale, the people in it are half the size of other displays and shoppers. Like grade school kids dressed up and playing pretend.
So I won't buy it, I guess, again, even though it is the coolest display I've seen in this game in a while, possible ever (I really adore opera and stage performance), and it's beautifully drawn....and far too tiny.

I hope they find time to fix it. Otherwise a lot of people who might otherwise buy it, won't. Like me.

ievuxia
03-05-15, 11:32 AM
Yes your right, i too got the original fs app on amazon yesterday and all new content was there. Thanks for the tip : ) gonna hold out for some free gems now!
You're welcome, glad you got it :) DragonWished told me about the amazon app. So BIG THANKS to her. Now we are able to get all the new updates as soon as they are released AND get our gems from the goal! :rolleyes:

ievuxia
03-05-15, 11:40 AM
Count me among the people who are bothered by the scale of things being off.

I LOVE the detail on the opera display, and at first I was very excited and thought finally, a new display that I actually loved and wanted! Then I saw how it looks in the pics, like 2/3rds scale. I don't mind the shoppers and even displays perhaps being slightly different sizes, after all I'm only 5' tall IRL, and most people are taller, but this opera one, is way out of scale, the people in it are half the size of other displays and shoppers. Like grade school kids dressed up and playing pretend.
So I won't buy it, I guess, again, even though it is the coolest display I've seen in this game in a while, possible ever (I really adore opera and stage performance), and it's beautifully drawn....and far too tiny.

I hope they find time to fix it. Otherwise a lot of people who might otherwise buy it, won't. Like me.

I TOTALLY agree with you! I'm completely inlove with this display and would've definitely bought it if the mannequins in it were at least a little bit bigger. It makes me so sad because this display is one of my all-time favorites! I really really hope Storm8 will fix the display..

andromedablack
03-05-15, 11:40 AM
I downloaded the amazon app on my tablet and tryed to download fashion story from there but I can't, it says something like digital downloads are not supported download this app from your computer...I guess I'll just wait a few days to see if there's a goal.

Natasha_07
03-05-15, 11:44 AM
Thanks mini! I've seen it before, the names are what get me... :)

Too bad, they didn't bring back the emerald forest display. :( I'm still thinking if I should get the St. Patrick's display or not. Hmmm~ Tough decision, since they keep releasing so many nice displays. >_<

DragonWished
03-05-15, 12:27 PM
I do this for FS, BS, and RS, faithfully. Highly recommend.

aishaibrahims
03-05-15, 06:45 PM
I too would buy the opera display if was bigger, such a shame. not buying anything at all until i have a sale anyway. I used to have many sales, but since my gem prices went up they very rare for me. Im not paying full price, not even for small package so please offer more sales.

Aliciasfunstuff
03-05-15, 07:25 PM
It's update day...

Sophisticated & Shamrocked Update
Almost everything green or Shamrock related is on a 15 Day Sale (15DS).

Catalog
Runway Gorgeous? 15DS
Daring Red ? 10 hour new catalog
(I believe this was someone?s suggestion from the poll, not sure who?s though).

What is the sale on the runway gorgeous.???? I do not see a difference on price in my catalog???

CuteTali
03-05-15, 07:45 PM
What is the sale on the runway gorgeous.???? I do not see a difference on price in my catalog???

It's not the price, it's getting removed in 15 days.

Aliciasfunstuff
03-05-15, 09:01 PM
It's not the price, it's getting removed in 15 days.

Thank you for clarifying.
I was hoping it was similar to the double coin thing they did in BS & RS on the coffee makers
Unfortunately, no such luck.
Thanks again :)

SparklyOctopus
03-05-15, 09:29 PM
Hey guys! Thanks for the feedback! We've decided to increase the size of the Opera Darling just a bit. We hope you like it! :)

QianTian17
03-05-15, 09:45 PM
Please, I haven't read all the post but just one small question why in the catalog of clothes : the Runway Gorgeous has the Mint Green Clutches with 13 days left (from now on my game) ? After these days, it won't exist, but why that choice? Also the design, the table : Thin Green and Green have the same thing.

Thanks for your answer.

Very sorry if it's difficult to understand my questions because English is not my native language or if that question was already post and that it's repetitive.

QianTian17

mergirl96
03-05-15, 10:00 PM

Hi Sparkly Octopus! Thanks for reading our feedback and acting on it. We all really appreciate it.

KadeeDid
03-05-15, 10:47 PM
Please, I haven't read all the post but just one small question why in the catalog of clothes : the Runway Gorgeous has the Mint Green Clutches with 13 days left (from now on my game) ? After these days, it won't exist, but why that choice? Also the design, the table : Thin Green and Green have the same thing.

Thanks for your answer.

Very sorry if it's difficult to understand my questions because English is not my native language or if that question was already post and that it's repetitive.

QianTian17

I was just going to ask about that. Is it just the mint clutch which is disappearing and not the rest of the outfit?

Jade_Kisses
03-06-15, 12:18 AM

I checked it out today and wondered if I made a mistake on my earlier impression that the size was smaller than other displays. It's definitely better now!

ievuxia
03-06-15, 12:41 AM

Thank you so so much!!! You are awesome for listening to us! :) I am very happy for all of us who wanted this display so badly. I bought it right away after I saw that the mannequins are finally normal-sized! Now the display looks absolutely adorable! And I think I'm gonna even buy it in my other 2 places, lol! GUYS, LET'S CELEBRATE!!! ;)

DragonWished
03-06-15, 01:28 AM
Um, not so much. The new scale makes the entire display overly large or at least out of scale with the other floor decorations.

I would have preferred the dining couple be scaled down to match the smaller opera display, as was suggested by others earlier in this thread.

Most important, however, is the issue of scale itself. It would be so nice to have consistency from update to update in addition to within an update. Please choose a standard and apply it across all content.

aishaibrahims
03-06-15, 01:33 AM
Oh great, thanks so much for making the display larger : ) Really hope i get that gem sale soon! Then il join in and celebrate!

aishaibrahims
03-06-15, 01:52 AM
I just went to see it in the game, i personally think its perfect now. I agree with some earlier posts saying they hope all content larger from now on, like the mint runway,and now this! Great work storm8! Only issue for me in this game at the moment is lack of sales, my neighbours too are waiting for 1. I sincerely hope your not testing us with all the ltos to see if anyone will crack and pay full whack! I cant do that anymore, people used to ask on here and get 1 the next day. Wish there was a set day each week when we get 1, then we know where we stand!

andromedablack
03-06-15, 03:10 AM

That's great, looks perfect now!
Can't wait to redecorate tomorrow and buy it!
It's nice to see that you're listening to our feedback, thanks. :)

Bellamiux
03-06-15, 12:56 PM
I just went to see it in the game, i personally think its perfect now. I agree with some earlier posts saying they hope all content larger from now on, like the mint runway,and now this! Great work storm8! Only issue for me in this game at the moment is lack of sales, my neighbours too are waiting for 1. I sincerely hope your not testing us with all the ltos to see if anyone will crack and pay full whack! I cant do that anymore, people used to ask on here and get 1 the next day. Wish there was a set day each week when we get 1, then we know where we stand!

Oh oh a set day for sale would be awesome let's say we all get a sale every Friday???? And then random lol that would be the dream!!!

I haven't gotten a sale all week and having withdrawals because I want to buy stuff but I am not giving you full price if you don't wantmy sale money then You get nothing.... /cries in frustration

aiyoosha
03-06-15, 02:32 PM
Oh oh a set day for sale would be awesome let's say we all get a sale every Friday???? And then random lol that would be the dream!!!

I haven't gotten a sale all week and having withdrawals because I want to buy stuff but I am not giving you full price if you don't wantmy sale money then You get nothing.... /cries in frustration

me too i been waiting all week in fs bs and havent gotten one sale, im so worried cuz the christmas stuff in bs gonna be gone soon and i want to purchase stuff before it leaves :(

angelmama24
03-06-15, 03:38 PM

Sorry but I wasn't happy with this. I already had it placed with room for racks, counters and a dressing room. Now I have to find a new home for it. Sorry, I'm probably in the minority on this one.

erxi9
03-06-15, 05:07 PM
I was just going to ask about that. Is it just the mint clutch which is disappearing and not the rest of the outfit?
I want to know, too!

Jackets23
03-06-15, 05:47 PM

It's frustrating when u want to buy stuff & no sales.

aishaibrahims
03-07-15, 05:24 AM

Still no sale for me : ( even if we just got a sale once a week on any random day id be happy and patient. Im just gonna farm some gems for the lovely dog bag then just forget about the other ltos and decorate with my other millions of items. Seriously storm8, you really know how to make fully grown women cry!!

JustKay
03-07-15, 05:47 AM
Great that S8 have responded to our feedback! It does look like it's just been resized up to fill 4x4 instead of being partially resized, repositioned and gaps filled in. The people are a bit bigger than the average, but I think slightly larger people is more visually acceptable than pygmy people :)

Hopefully they've put in place some scaling quality checks for future updates too!

jewelfang
03-07-15, 07:51 AM
I do appreciate that they listened to our feedback and increased the scale! I will have to buy it now! But....I spent all my gems on the Red Manniquin we got after Christmas. I'd been admiring it and gave in since the Opera was tiny, lol. Now I'll have to wait for a gem sale or save up. But the opera is not on my must get it net list!

Lina_101
03-07-15, 09:27 AM
It's really weird, I have gems sales all the time! I also had one this week even though I have never ever purchased any gems on fashion story.

Jackets23
03-07-15, 09:36 AM
It's really weird, I have gems sales all the time! I also had one this week even though I have never ever purchased any gems on fashion story.

Your one of the lucky one's getting sales.I used to get them all the time & they just stopped.I wish TL would listen to our feedback on gem sales!

trish2taz
03-07-15, 12:16 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the St. Patrick's Display? I wanted to get it but am not sure what it looks like in a shop. Thanks!

StevenKevin
03-07-15, 02:02 PM
Sorry but I wasn't happy with this. I already had it placed with room for racks, counters and a dressing room. Now I have to find a new home for it. Sorry, I'm probably in the minority on this one.

Im not too much into 4x4 display either - not because theyre not nice but because they take too much room. And like it is way more difficult to expand in FS than RS (ive reached the final expansion in RS for long and just started the 7.5 million expansion in FS) that means those huge displays just make it impossible to display a lot of items, esp for lower level players. Im personally level 97, but if i buy the opera display i like a lot, that means i have to store the wedding display that i also like a lot. So for practical reasons, i think 3x3 or 2x2 displays are way easier to handle.

CuteTali
03-07-15, 03:33 PM

I think that people who don't buy gems, get more gem sales to encourage them to start the addiction :p

CuteTali
03-07-15, 03:34 PM
Does anyone have a picture of the St. Patrick's Display? I wanted to get it but am not sure what it looks like in a shop. Thanks!

I have mine out right now, just bought it a few days ago, you're more than welcome to come and take a look :)

Lenkapon
03-07-15, 04:45 PM
Uhm, guys, should I buy the st.patrick display? Do u guys think it beautiful? Cause I only have 107 gems left so.. I can't buy every displays.

jewelfang
03-07-15, 08:21 PM
Did anyone else notice that this update Opera and the couple at the table, and "The Dress" LTO are the first people I have seen in this game with noses!

The new artwork really is great. Please let the artist(s) know how fantastic these recent pieces are! I love them! Noses!! And mouths on guys!!

CuteTali
03-07-15, 09:55 PM
Uhm, guys, should I buy the st.patrick display? Do u guys think it beautiful? Cause I only have 107 gems left so.. I can't buy every displays.

You know the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Only you would know the answer to this question, as what's pretty to one person, isn't necessarily pretty to another person. If you like it, buy it. If you think it's meh, then skip it.

As for me, I can tell you how I see it from my personal point of view. I didn't think much of it when it first came out (only liked the brunette with the hat by herself and she was never offered without the other two), so I skipped it. This year, looking at it again, I realized I wanted a rainbow and a pot of gold in my shop, because those two features are pretty and charming, I also like the brunette in this display, but not much the other two characters (which is why I passed on it the first time it came out). Hence the reason I spent the last 30 some gems I had to buy it.

It's really all about whether a certain item speaks to you or not and a lot of times, even that changes as you get used to seeing it more in other shops to appreciate it, or less as you get tired of seeing it in many other shops.

P.S. I forgot to mention, it's also a seasonal item, so if you don't think you'll not use it much and you rather save your gems for more general themed items, then don't buy it.

Lenkapon
03-07-15, 10:20 PM
You know the saying "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder". Only you would know the answer to this question, as what's pretty to one person, isn't necessarily pretty to another person. If you like it, buy it. If you think it's meh, then skip it.

As for me, I can tell you how I see it from my personal point of view. I didn't think much of it when it first came out (only liked the brunette with the hat by herself and she was never offered without the other two), so I skipped it. This year, looking at it again, I realized I wanted a rainbow and a pot of gold in my shop, because those two features are pretty and charming, I also like the brunette in this display, but not much the other two characters (which is why I passed on it the first time it came out). Hence the reason I spent the last 30 some gems I had to buy it.

It's really all about whether a certain item speaks to you or not and a lot of times, even that changes as you get used to seeing it more in other shops to appreciate it, or less as you get tired of seeing it in many other shops.

P.S. I forgot to mention, it's also a seasonal item, so if you don't think you'll not use it much and you rather save your gems for more general themed items, then don't buy it.
Well, thanks for answer n explain for me.

ievuxia
03-08-15, 03:20 AM
Did anyone else notice that this update Opera and the couple at the table, and "The Dress" LTO are the first people I have seen in this game with noses!

The new artwork really is great. Please let the artist(s) know how fantastic these recent pieces are! I love them! Noses!! And mouths on guys!!

Yes! I've noticed that as well! It has always been weird to see mannequins without noses lol. It's really awesome that they do have noses now, finally! Designers are definitely doing a great job this year :D

Lenkapon
03-08-15, 06:20 AM
My nbr bought an opera display b4 TL increased its sized so it looked like this :))

The display encroach out of her shop.

Bellamiux
03-08-15, 08:06 AM
Well the weekend is over and no sale I guess I'm not getting anything as I will be busy all week and have no time to play! good job TL I'm done with Y'all. >_>

orleansparish
03-08-15, 08:11 AM
Well the weekend is over and no sale I guess I'm not getting anything as I will be busy all week and have no time to play! good job TL I'm done with Y'all. >_>

I feel your annoyance. I'm still salty over the valentines sale. Not worried about the other items. I can get many xmas things on android on the other games. I bought so many green tiles and Im Good with that. We do need more sales though.

I've one now but don't feel any overwhelming want to buy any. I guess because I just bought a bunch of items from last week. I saw the new fixed opera display and it looks so lovely now. Less like it belongs to bakery story. May get it sometime later. Thankfully I don't have to rush.

KadeeDid
03-08-15, 09:12 AM

Any news on this yet? Is it just the mint clutch or the whole Runway Gorgeous pieces? I have never seen part of a catalogue expiring but just the clutch is marked.

jewelfang
03-08-15, 10:25 AM
Any news on this yet? Is it just the mint clutch or the whole Runway Gorgeous pieces? I have never seen part of a catalogue expiring but just the clutch is marked.

I'm on android and I don't see this item with a timer on it. I've triple checked. The catalogue AND the closet versionof it look the same to me as always, no timers, no discounts. Color me confused.

Lina_101
03-08-15, 11:01 AM
I think that people who don't buy gems, get more gem sales to encourage them to start the addiction :p

Yes I was thinking that too, especially because I've got another 20% gem sale today!

And are the green clutches going to disappear from the game in about 10 days or are they just cheaper for this period of time because they're green and go well with St Patricks day theme? I don't remember the original price though so I'm not sure if they are cheaper now!

JustKay
03-08-15, 01:06 PM
My nbr bought an opera display b4 TL increased its sized so it looked like this :))

The display encroach out of her shop.

Wow, that is bizarre. I wonder if you can still move it. I thought the wisest thing would have been to take the original item off the market and put the new larger one in as new item. That way it doesn't mess with the layout of existing items out. Early buyers can keep and continue to use a special limited edition 3x3 version. To top it all off, many of these people would have easily bought a 4x4 version on top of that for an extra 30 gems! If anybody complains, then a quick email with support would smooth things over.

JustKay
03-08-15, 01:21 PM

That, and how many gems you have. Demand and supply. If you have lots of gems you have no demand so sales are there to give you a reason to buy. If you have no gems then every time an update is released you will most likely need to buy gems even if a gem sale is not on for you. I have three stores which are usually in a constant state of 'gem sale'. Whenever one of them drops to below a certain figure, the sales dry up. I'm not sure exactly what that figure is, but I do know that if I have around 100 gems, then its sales galore! Any time I'm in the single figures (even if it's on a store I've never spent gems on), then nothing.

Good to note for all those people who complain about not having sales every update. Don't spend all your gems. Keep a reserve. This would obviously tie in with the fact that people who don't buy gems will usually stockpile them just in case there's an LTO and spend gems very carefully, so they would naturally have 50-100 and would fit that criteria too.

KadeeDid
03-08-15, 01:40 PM
I'm on android and I don't see this item with a timer on it. I've triple checked. The catalogue AND the closet versionof it look the same to me as always, no timers, no discounts. Color me confused.

My mint clutches (Runway Gorgeous) say 10 days left. I asked about this before as did someone else. No confirmation yet. I am on iOS.

Bellamiux
03-08-15, 02:30 PM
Good to note for all those people who complain about not having sales every update. Don't spend all your gems. Keep a reserve. This would obviously tie in with the fact that people who don't buy gems will usually stockpile them just in case there's an LTO and spend gems very carefully, so they would naturally have 50-100 and would fit that criteria too.

Yes I agree with all you wrote and that we need to always have a reserve... Too bad I have no self restrain and / or hit those accidental purchases so I tend to not keep my gems because it hurts more an unwanted box than something I actually like...

filochick1982
03-08-15, 06:52 PM
I don't agree with this. Sometimes I have over 500 gems, sometimes I have 0. I get gem sales twice a week without fail no matter how many gems I have.

That, and how many gems you have. Demand and supply. If you have lots of gems you have no demand so sales are there to give you a reason to buy. If you have no gems then every time an update is released you will most likely need to buy gems even if a gem sale is not on for you. I have three stores which are usually in a constant state of 'gem sale'. Whenever one of them drops to below a certain figure, the sales dry up. I'm not sure exactly what that figure is, but I do know that if I have around 100 gems, then its sales galore! Any time I'm in the single figures (even if it's on a store I've never spent gems on), then nothing.

Jackets23
03-08-15, 08:39 PM
I don't agree with this. Sometimes I have over 500 gems, sometimes I have 0. I get gem sales twice a week without fail no matter how many gems I have.

I used to get gem sales twice a week without fail but they stopped all of a sudden.Don't understand why some people get them & some don't. Especially when u spend $100's of dollars on this game.They should be given to everyone across the board to be fair about it.

JustKay
03-09-15, 03:52 AM

That is interesting. I'm always up for a bit of research and experimentation, and am open to being proven wrong :) I don't buy gems often enough to test my theory though. Have you ever gone a whole week with 0-10 gems? Or do you find yourself buying more within a day or two? My understanding is that if the game decides to give you a sale, the sale will run for a set time duration. You may have been very lucky to never have been caught with zero gems when the game was deciding whether to give u a sale.

kooky panda
03-09-15, 10:19 AM

My mint clutches (Runway Gorgeous) say 10 days left. I asked about this before as did someone else. No confirmation yet. I am on iOS.
I will check, but I am pretty sure it is the whole catalog.

jewelfang
03-09-15, 12:10 PM
I will check but I am pretty sure it is the whole catalog.
I really don't understand. I'm on Android and NOTHING on, in, or near Runway gorgeous has a timer. The catalogue looks normal to me, no timers on it in the runway section, and non on the items inside the catalogue itself. No timers on the closet items for this either. OF course, the doggie bag is not showing a timer either.

This is a pretty big oversight from TL, not putting the timers on items in the Android version. IF these items are TIMED and going to be removed, it would be nice if we knew that without having to come to the forums and see what IOS players are seeing.

angelmama24
03-09-15, 12:48 PM

I used to get a gem sale twice a week, and always before an update. Now they've been few and far between. I would really like another sale for tomorrow's update please TL. :)

angelmama24
03-09-15, 12:54 PM
Im not too much into 4x4 display either - not because theyre not nice but because they take too much room. And like it is way more difficult to expand in FS than RS (ive reached the final expansion in RS for long and just started the 7.5 million expansion in FS) that means those huge displays just make it impossible to display a lot of items, esp for lower level players. Im personally level 97, but if i buy the opera display i like a lot, that means i have to store the wedding display that i also like a lot. So for practical reasons, i think 3x3 or 2x2 displays are way easier to handle.

I agree with you. Even though my shop is at the full expansion, I have trouble placing the 4x4 displays. Most of my shop is set up for 3x3's. It seems that TL is giving us more and more 4x4's. If they continue to do this, why can't they give us more expansions? Since I wanted to put my ballet and opera displays together, I had to put my romantic diner and wilderness displays in storage. :'(

mergirl96
03-09-15, 01:46 PM
I really don't understand. I'm on Android and NOTHING on, in, or near Runway gorgeous has a timer. The catalogue looks normal to me, no timers on it in the runway section, and non on the items inside the catalogue itself. No timers on the closet items for this either. OF course, the doggie bag is not showing a timer either.

This is a pretty big oversight from TL, not putting the timers on items in the Android version. IF these items are TIMED and going to be removed, it would be nice if we knew that without having to come to the forums and see what IOS players are seeing.

Fellow android here, and I don't see anything either. Really throws me off seeing people say things are expiring when I can't see it in my game.

angelmama24
03-09-15, 03:35 PM
Yes I agree with all you wrote and that we need to always have a reserve... Too bad I have no self restrain and / or hit those accidental purchases so I tend to not keep my gems because it hurts more an unwanted box than something I actually like...

I always try to stockpile my gems, but, if we get a new box tomorrow, I'll go through most of my stash. I like to be prepared.

angelmama24
03-09-15, 03:37 PM
Fellow android here, and I don't see anything either. Really throws me off seeing people say things are expiring when I can't see it in my game.

If they can't add a timer on Android, at least someone could post in the forum about limited items.

kooky panda
03-09-15, 03:51 PM

This has been resolved. This catalog is not limited. The Mint Green Clutches were accidentally included in a round up of items for sale!

filochick1982
03-09-15, 04:26 PM
I don't stay at 0 gems for long because I'm constantly mastering catalogues. So today I might have 0 but within a couple of days I'll have 2 from mastering a catalogue which I may not spend. Then another couple of days later I get an extra 2 from more catalogue mastering. Then I get a pop up goal to download a game for 6 gems. But even when I buy a 580 gem package and dont spend it for weeks, I still get my gem sales twice a week.

That is interesting. I'm always up for a bit of research and experimentation, and am open to being proven wrong :) I don't buy gems often enough to test my theory though. Have you ever gone a whole week with 0-10 gems? Or do you find yourself buying more within a day or two? My understanding is that if the game decides to give you a sale, the sale will run for a set time duration. You may have been very lucky to never have been caught with zero gems when the game was deciding whether to give u a sale.

JustKay
03-09-15, 04:45 PM
I don't stay at 0 gems for long because I'm constantly mastering catalogues. So today I might have 0 but within a couple of days I'll have 2 from mastering a catalogue which I may not spend. Then another couple of days later I get an extra 2 from more catalogue mastering. Then I get a pop up goal to download a game for 6 gems. But even when I buy a 580 gem package and dont spend it for weeks, I still get my gem sales twice a week.

Hmm, even with mastering you'd still only get a few and your gem count would still be in the single digits. When you have bought a 580 gem package then I would almost guarantee you having sales as you need motivation to buy more. From my own experience I had two stores at single digits gem counts and they stopped having sales, and two stores at over 100 gems count and they both had sales.

orleansparish
03-09-15, 06:02 PM
Hmm, even with mastering you'd still only get a few and your gem count would still be in the single digits. When you have bought a 580 gem package then I would almost guarantee you having sales as you need motivation to buy more. From my own experience I had two stores at single digits gem counts and they stopped having sales, and two stores at over 100 gems count and they both had sales.

I have four shops. Some have gems, some don't. Some I have never bought gems for, other than Black Friday once and another i spend way too much money on. I get sales 2-3 times a week on all on them. Other than when I really needed one for the Valentine's sale. I don't think there is a method to the way things are done. Just a dusty computer in the basement probably that throws stuff out at whim.

I'm debating whether I should buy some tonight. I'm hoping we get more green displays and I would to open the easter box, to try for the first or second place displays. I'm wanting to do some spring designs.

Even though we don't have a LTO, where Id need to panic in five days or less, if we only had five days or less to buy.

Bellamiux
03-09-15, 08:32 PM
This has been resolved. This catalog is not limited. The Mint Green Clutches were accidentally included in a round up of items for sale!

Yes I notice the timer on the catalog for runway gorgeous is no longer there thanks I was worrying I have not yet started mastering it lol

filochick1982
03-09-15, 09:19 PM
No I can easily get 6 gems here and there from the goal to download new games. Plus I'm very diligent with making sure I display my catalogue orders so they don't expire and I've wasted x hours ordering them. So I can get from 0 to 10 gems within a few days. An 8 hour catalogue earns 8 gems and I can master one item in the catalogue in 24 hours because I can order with 38 slots each time, so that's literally 2 gems every 24 hours. Over 5 days, that's 10 and as I said I get the 6 free gems at least once a week from the new game downloads.

It makes no sense to motivate someone to buy more gems if they already have 580 gems? I wouldn't personally consider buying more anytime soon after buying such a huge gem package, especially if I have no intention of blowing them all in one go.

KadeeDid
03-09-15, 09:31 PM

Thanks. I have been madly ordering the mint clutches due to the timer on just the one item. Catalogue had number of days and inside, just the clutches. I noticed tonight that the timer was gone so checked here.

I asked several times as I have never seen one item expiring while the other 3 items did not.

aishaibrahims
03-10-15, 04:38 AM
I agree about the reserve too, but you never know when your gona get a new box or just feel the urge to bash other ones! And if you feel like doing so on a day theres no sale, we taking another gamble right?! As much as i love begging like a dog for a sale! I sincerely hope that they just start doing a weekly sale. Even fortnight! Just some sort of reassurance knowing we can be patient coz ones definitely coming!

jewelfang
03-10-15, 09:14 AM
I have four shops. Some have gems, some don't. Some I have never bought gems for, other than Black Friday once and another i spend way too much money on. I get sales 2-3 times a week on all on them. Other than when I really needed one for the Valentine's sale. I don't think there is a method to the way things are done. Just a dusty computer in the basement probably that throws stuff out at whim.

I'm debating whether I should buy some tonight. I'm hoping we get more green displays and I would to open the easter box, to try for the first or second place displays. I'm wanting to do some spring designs.

Even though we don't have a LTO, where Id need to panic in five days or less, if we only had five days or less to buy.

I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread where a dev confirmed that gem sales are given randomly. I don't feel like digging around in year or more old posts to find it, but I think you have it right (although Idon't think the computer is in a basement. Sounds like TL has a real workplace now).

I don't buy gems (well, I did one time), and my gem sales average about 2 a wekk, though sometimes I go 2 weeks or longer without one. Because it's RANDOM. And asking nicely in the forums to get one won't get you one, as they cannot pick and chose who to send a gem sale to even if they did read every post in this forum.

kooky panda
03-10-15, 09:20 AM
I'm pretty sure I've seen a thread where a dev confirmed that gem sales are given randomly. I don't feel like digging around in year or more old posts to find it, but I think you have it right (although Idon't think the computer is in a basement. Sounds like TL has a real workplace now).

I don't buy gems (well, I did one time), and my gem sales average about 2 a wekk, though sometimes I go 2 weeks or longer without one. Because it's RANDOM. And asking nicely in the forums to get one won't get you one, as they cannot pick and chose who to send a gem sale to even if they did read every post in this forum.

This is correct, the sales go out randomly. You may receive on one, all or none of your accounts.

MsSpooky13
03-10-15, 09:58 PM
Okay, I'm confused. I've seen a couple of mentions about mastering the Runway Gorgeous, but I don't have it in my catalog; I only have the items showing in my closet. Is this wrong? I'm hesitant about contacting Support about this, considering they just resolved another issue for me today. But if it is supposed to be included in the catalog, then I guess I have no choice. BTW, I'm on an android device, in case that matters.

jewelfang
03-11-15, 10:09 AM
Okay, I'm confused. I've seen a couple of mentions about mastering the Runway Gorgeous, but I don't have it in my catalog; I only have the items showing in my closet. Is this wrong? I'm hesitant about contacting Support about this, considering they just resolved another issue for me today. But if it is supposed to be included in the catalog, then I guess I have no choice. BTW, I'm on an android device, in case that matters.
Runway gorgeous is it's own catalogue. Look under your runway tab, it's 22 hours, white and mint. Nothing is happening to it. It was incorrectly labeled for IoS users as being removed soon, but it has been clarified that was an error.

Hope that clears things up. :)

MsSpooky13
03-11-15, 05:24 PM
Thanks, jewelfang, for the help. Doh, I feel a bit foolish now. After seeing a picture of the green sweater dress on one of the earlier pages, I thought that was the outfit people were talking about. Thanks to the description and location you provided, however, I was easily able to find it.

QianTian17
03-18-15, 05:06 PM

Thank you kooky panda