PDA

View Full Version : Warning: Stop using the Valentine version!!

mcmug17
03-03-15, 07:54 AM
I play the game on both my iPhone and iPad. One is running the Valentine version and the normal version on the other one. This morning I opened the Valentine version to move dishes from stove to counters. Then I moved on to the next device and all of my food disappeared...

I lost all the food I cooked overnight...

I remember when I was playing Farm Story 2, they actually bricked the Valentine Version and told people to move on to the normal version... sigh......

tiggerhobbes
03-03-15, 08:22 AM
I visited your restaurant and thought to myself, "oh wow he wasn't kidding when he said empty counters in the morning! He really sells all his dishes overnight!"

Did I just come in at a bad time or do you normally sell all your dishes overnight anyway? :p

Were those dishes sold (I.e. did you receive coins) or are they just gone? That would be pretty terrifying for me, given my current stockpile.

pollybeeXD
03-03-15, 08:32 AM
Oh dear! I just started playing when the Valentine's version came out. I like the whimsical layout that's why I decided not to download the other version. Do you think I should download the regular version and stop using the other one? Oh and I checked out your restaurant too! It sure was wiped out. :-/

mcmug17
03-03-15, 08:37 AM
I'm dead serious about empty counters in the morning. So you might have been visited me while I was still sleeping or after my food went gonzo!!! I had 2 lobsters thermidor, 1 lobster bisque, 2 bittenballen, 2 sandwiches (either lox bagel or tuna sandwich or antipasto, don't remember), Osso Buco, cupcake... Putting food out on the counters is what I do after I turn off the alarm. Then when I switched to another device with the normal version, all food went missing...... :( Easily $25000 worth of food + ingredients cost right there!! All coins and effort lost!

Whatever, not end of the world I suppose. Would be nice if TL refunds me $25000 coins... You should get a total of what you have just in case..... sigh.......

mcmug17
03-03-15, 08:38 AM
Oh dear! I just started playing when the Valentine's version came out. I like the whimsical layout that's why I decided not to download the other version. Do you think I should download the regular version and stop using the other one? Oh and I checked out your restaurant too! It sure was wiped out. :-/

I'd say wait till your food is sold out first before opening the regular version. I've already deleted the Valentine version from my iPhone.

tiggerhobbes
03-03-15, 09:02 AM
I'd say wait till your food is sold out first before opening the regular version. I've already deleted the Valentine version from my iPhone.

=____=;;;;;;

I'll be waiting for a looonnngg time.

ciarjen
03-03-15, 09:03 AM
I've just started playing the normal version, yesterday's update in the app store. I didn't lose anything but I have got stars next to my recipes now

It's very laggy though compared to the other version.

infinitelove19
03-03-15, 10:51 AM
That's awful!

I swear the last I heard from the mods was to just use the Valentine's Version. There is a new update in the app store now... but now I'm afraid I'll lose my recipes!

FrozenTurtle
03-03-15, 11:44 AM
I play the game on both my iPhone and iPad. One is running the Valentine version and the normal version on the other one. This morning I opened the Valentine version to move dishes from stove to counters. Then I moved on to the next device and all of my food disappeared...

I lost all the food I cooked overnight...

I remember when I was playing Farm Story 2, they actually bricked the Valentine Version and told people to move on to the normal version... sigh......

Sorry to hear about that! You should have no problems with serving any of your Valentine's recipes or using the Valentine's version of the game. It sounds like you experienced a sync error. Can you email support@storm8.com so we can take a look at what may have happened? In the meantime, please try force closing and restarting your app or deleting/reinstalling to see if that resolves anything.

Beecause
03-03-15, 05:40 PM
I'm redownloading the valentine version as when i looked in the pantry of the newest game version i
discoverd the seasonal tab has been removed and that means the 50+ valentine cards I collected
are gone.

Not good - I'm over half way through level 46 and was going to open the last recipe on valentine
oven and need? those cards to do so.

Oh thank goodness they are still in the valentine version & everything loaded fine - I actually have 72 cards ;-)
Well that was stressful

dragon2046
03-03-15, 05:47 PM
I'm redownloading the valentine version as when i looked in the pantry of the newest game version i
discoverd the seasonal tab has been removed and that means the 50+ valentine cards I collected
are gone.

Not good - I'm over half way through level 46 and was going to open the last recipe on valentine
oven and need? those cards to do so.

Oh thank goodness they are still in the valentine version & everything loaded fine - I actually have 72 cards ;-)
Well that was stressful

Just FYI. I stopped playing VDay version cuz I was below level 35 and when I got to level 35 in my regular version of rs2 I noticed in my recipe book the vday item I think it was the cheese cake was available to open. When I paid to unlock I had enough cards to do the recipe. So I just went into my inventory put the vday oven back out and did the recipe. So it should keep everyone's cards no matter what version you are playing. :)