PDA

View Full Version : Tips vs Food for Profit

awesomejujubeans
03-01-15, 08:49 AM
I have always wondered if it is easier to get profit from mostly tips or selling food. I see so many people fill their restaurants with tables, so it makes me think that might be the way to go. Seems like it would require more upkeep though. Thoughts?

lynniefish
03-02-15, 12:05 AM
I have always wondered if it is easier to get profit from mostly tips or selling food. I see so many people fill their restaurants with tables, so it makes me think that might be the way to go. Seems like it would require more upkeep though. Thoughts?

I think most players who have a lot of spare tables in their places do so to accommodate the tips of many, many neighbors at the same time, so as to avoid the annoying situation of "plmkwc" and "full," and to eliminate the need for multiple repeat visits from neighbors. It's not that you'll necessarily be getting more tips, you'll just have happier neighbors if the number of tables you currently have aren't accommodating their tips. (Well, you might get more tips, I suppose, if you happen to have neighbors who visit to tip but don't have time to return later, or who are frustrated by full tables and refuse to return.)

To answer your tips-vs.-sales profit question: if you have an efficient seating layout, always have food available for your customers, serve primarily 4-coin dishes (or higher), never block your doors, and are a medium-to-high level player, you can gross between 150k-180k daily. For you to earn that much from tips, you'd have to receive six tips each (120 coins) from 1500 neighbors daily. AND you'd have to collect all 9000 of those tips...if you had 100 tables out, you'd have to collect tips 90 times a day. Whew! I'll stick with cooking! :)

awesomejujubeans
03-02-15, 09:43 AM
Wow! Thank you for doing the math. I play a lot, but definitely not 90x a day. Haha. Right now, I make about 80k a day--but I am working on mastering recipes, so some are low profit. Do you know if having two doors is better than one for customer traffic?

lynniefish
03-02-15, 10:31 AM
Wow! Thank you for doing the math. I play a lot, but definitely not 90x a day. Haha. Right now, I make about 80k a day--but I am working on mastering recipes, so some are low profit. Do you know if having two doors is better than one for customer traffic?

Nope, having multiple doors doesn't affect the number of customers entering your restaurant. Have you seen fecsuper's posts analyzing seating efficiency? You can greatly increase your income with a layout that gets customers in and out quickly. I tried it and it truly does work!

Sb1957
03-02-15, 12:10 PM
I think most players who have a lot of spare tables in their places do so to accommodate the tips of many, many neighbors at the same time, so as to avoid the annoying situation of "plmkwc" and "full," and to eliminate the need for multiple repeat visits from neighbors. It's not that you'll necessarily be getting more tips, you'll just have happier neighbors if the number of tables you currently have aren't accommodating their tips. (Well, you might get more tips, I suppose, if you happen to have neighbors who visit to tip but don't have time to return later, or who are frustrated by full tables and refuse to return.)

To answer your tips-vs.-sales profit question: if you have an efficient seating layout, always have food available for your customers, serve primarily 4-coin dishes (or higher), never block your doors, and are a medium-to-high level player, you can gross between 150k-180k daily. For you to earn that much from tips, you'd have to receive six tips each (120 coins) from 1500 neighbors daily. AND you'd have to collect all 9000 of those tips...if you had 100 tables out, you'd have to collect tips 90 times a day. Whew! I'll stick with cooking! :)

I read somewhere that you can have 20 customers at the same time eating in the store, no more.

lynniefish
03-02-15, 01:19 PM
I read somewhere that you can have 20 customers at the same time eating in the store, no more.

I think that sounds right as an average...I don't believe it's a static number as I've had more than 20 bots eating at once, and also fewer. I seem to remember reading that players average 30 customers per minute (1800 per hour, 43200 per day), so from there you can estimate your daily take based on your food's cost per serving. Serve only roast chicken and apple pie and you'll make over 300,000 daily!

ElaineCarrel
03-02-15, 07:27 PM
To b honest I hate going into either a bakery or restaurant and being overwhelmed w tables that R obviously placed there just for tips. I have a bunch of tables but they're themed w the different areas of the building. I've gone into some newbie's place and that's all u c. I advise them that they need more chairs and that they really ought to b cooking and they tell me that they know but they're broke waiting for tips to give them some money. I really feel sorry for them. So I'll say welcome to the game, wish them luck and. to have fun playing it. I also mention the forums to them.

DREAMaboutWORLDwithoutWARS
07-24-15, 12:15 PM
Better profit is from selling foods thats why I have 72 tables in this moment.
You need have more tables too when you don't wants read at your Wall posts Full,Nothing to tip or Please let me know when you will clear.

jandtandn
07-24-15, 12:23 PM
You need have more tables too when you don't wants read at your Wall posts Full,Nothing to tip or Please let me know when you will clear.

I understand more tables for tipping, but only up to 30 bots can eat at a time.

sally_brown
07-25-15, 09:27 PM
You need have more tables too when you don't wants read at your Wall posts Full,Nothing to tip or Please let me know when you will clear.Unless you have plenty of friends that don't post stuff like that.