PDA

View Full Version : Best appliance to spend gems on

smackinthatasswithmymeatstick
02-27-15, 02:00 PM
I have been saving gems for a while and finally broke the 200 gem mark. Now i cant decide which appliance i should buy. And extra Deli Station, Drink Station, Commercial Oven, or other. What are you guys thoughts?

PraxisOfGood
02-27-15, 03:38 PM
My first gem appliance was a third commercial range (?) when I was getting through the bitterballen quest line and was afraid that the rest of my restaurant would suffer while I was making all those steak and eggs. My second one was a second deli station long just as soon as o realized that it was a great moneymaker and that I wouldn't be able to buy a second one for gold for a long time. I don't regret either of those purchases in the slightest.

My advice is to trust your own instincts. While you're playing the game, you've no doubt been thinking "gee, if I only had another XXXXX, I'd be able to keep it running around the clock..." Well, that's what you should be spending your gems on :)

rosewaterlily
02-27-15, 04:20 PM
At level 46, I would say chateau stove, since we're limited to getting only one with coins. I would love to be able to cook more surf and turf/split pea soup/apple ginger chicken because I have plenty of ingredients but only the one stove. Haven't unlocked enough recipes on the chateau oven to decide whether that's worthwhile to invest gems in yet. The ones we can get two of with coins don't seem as necessary to unlock more with gems IMO, unless you're too impatient to wait on making hundreds of thousands of coins or leveling up, but it depends on your workflow.

nmishii
02-27-15, 05:38 PM
I can but haven't bought my second deli station or salad bar with coins, so I wouldnt buy with gems. Nor would I get a second drink machine unless I upgraded my fruit stand, and that isn't in my near term plans. I can only make 2 recipes on the chateau oven, so I wouldnt get another of those. So I'd get the chateau stove.

what I'd really like is the option to buy another spice station. I throw away so many spices trying to get ginger and I'd rather be able to spice more of my foods.

cquinn32
02-27-15, 06:02 PM
If you buy an appliance with gems is there still a wait time before using it?

ellyse99
02-27-15, 06:59 PM
At level 46, I would say chateau stove, since we're limited to getting only one with coins. I would love to be able to cook more surf and turf/split pea soup/apple ginger chicken because I have plenty of ingredients but only the one stove. Haven't unlocked enough recipes on the chateau oven to decide whether that's worthwhile to invest gems in yet. The ones we can get two of with coins don't seem as necessary to unlock more with gems IMO, unless you're too impatient to wait on making hundreds of thousands of coins or leveling up, but it depends on your workflow.

I totally agree. There're many dishes on the chateau stove that bring 5 or 6 coins per serving, and you can't get a 2nd one with coins. Chateau Oven isn't worth as much to me IMHO.
I already have 2 of each appliance other than chateau stove, chateau oven and drink station. As mentioned by nmishii, I wouldn't bother with a 2nd drink station until I've upgraded my fruit shop, and I have better things to do with my coins and tools for now.
I'd really like to have a 2nd spice station too! But there's no possibility to get a 2nd one. :( I throw away garlic, and try to use basil as much as possible for bruschetta.

orleansparish
02-27-15, 07:27 PM
If you buy an appliance with gems is there still a wait time before using it?

Yes, there is still the wait time. Which sucks. Most of my appliances were bought with gems. I have two of each, minus the drink mixer and salad bar. I'll use coins for those. I have two chautea stoves that come in handy. Im always making pea soup or lobster bisque. I use my coins for expanding and tables, counters.

tiggerhobbes
02-27-15, 11:40 PM
Frankly both sushi and deli stations are great options if I were in your position. I am level 49, already have all the stoves that can be bought with coins including the second /third stations sold at an inflated price.

The reason being both stations have reasonably good yield recipes with ingredients that can be easily sourced in the market that do not conflict with ingredient needs in other recipes. Things like tuna, cucumber, chicken, carrots, lobsters etc. I can always pump more out, my market gives me more of these things than I can use, and these recipes still yield 5 to 6 coins per dish (except for lobsters). Whereas with the chateau stove/ovens have nice recipes but also use up precious ingredients that are generally rare (apples, mushrooms, rice, sugar.) so even if I had two of those I might have problems finding enough ingredients to keep them going.

tiggerhobbes
02-27-15, 11:48 PM
Btw, drink maker is great if you have a very high level fruit market or general store. There are a lot of very high coinage (5 to 6 coins) recipes and most ingredients do not conflict with needs in other stoves. The only thing holding me back from Recommending it is that sugar is seriously limited at upper level especially between chateau oven and drink maker, there are drinks that don't use sugar but they also arent ideal in terms of coinage or time. But still, drink maker pumps out coins so fast, diner stove and ovens both feel like a waste of time and resources to manage for the minimal amount of coins they put out.