PDA

View Full Version : Boosted Breed Weekend!!

LonePudding
02-27-15, 11:54 AM
It's finally back! I'll post a screenie of the pop up I got. I'm going to try for archangel I think, what will you go for?

http://i57.tinypic.com/29est1x.jpg

zyfazix
02-27-15, 11:58 AM
By the end of that my Mask and Lovebird dragon will have seen every corner of the breeding den

amerirish
02-27-15, 12:18 PM
Wow, check out how awful my luck is....this morning I finally got 44 hours with Diamond & Fire to get a Crusader. So unless I want to spend gold to speed (which I don't) there will be no free boosted breeding for me :(

I suppose it's ok since I recently just made 2 diamond hybrids back to back. Can't really complain! :)

LonePudding
02-27-15, 12:33 PM
Wow, check out how awful my luck is....this morning I finally got 44 hours with Diamond & Fire to get a Crusader. So unless I want to spend gold to speed (which I don't) there will be no free boosted breeding for me :(

I suppose it's ok since I recently just made 2 diamond hybrids back to back. Can't really complain! :)

That is bad timing!

zyfazix
02-27-15, 12:46 PM
I haven't seen a pop-up yet for boosted breeding, but I did get the other weekly updates (starry night, flash tournament and poison ivy package deal). Is this boost another iOS thing?

ndtrance
02-27-15, 12:59 PM
I haven't seen a pop-up yet for boosted breeding, but I did get the other weekly updates (starry night, flash tournament and poison ivy package deal). Is this boost another iOS thing?

It's on Android too! I didn't get a pop-up but I went ahead and cleared off my den when I saw Lone's post. Cost 200coins for boosted breed. Got rainbow right off the bat on my other account :)

LonePudding
02-27-15, 01:00 PM
good to see its working! I got a winter fail just before the update and I'm saving gold for the rainbow sentinel quest :(

TimeForACuppaTea
02-27-15, 01:18 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/29est1x.jpg

Could someone please list the names of each of these so I can look up how to breed them. Or list what's required for breeding. I'm sure I should know their names but I dont. Other than Archangel. Thanks for the help.

LonePudding
02-27-15, 01:38 PM
Could someone please list the names of each of these so I can look up how to breed them. Or list what's required for breeding. I'm sure I should know their names but I dont. Other than Archangel. Thanks for the help.

Across then down:
Rainbow dragon: rare, blue + yellow
Dark Phoenix dragon: super rare, blue + purple
Twilight dragon: super rare, pink + purple
Birthstone dragon: rare, gemstone + yellow
Archangel dragon: super rare, black + white + blue
Cloud dragon: rare, blue + white

TimeForACuppaTea
02-27-15, 01:45 PM
Thanks so much. ❤️:o

LonePudding
02-27-15, 01:45 PM
First boosted attempt for archangel resulted in a blue moon or aether. Super rare, but I already have both.

LonePudding
02-27-15, 01:47 PM
Thanks so much. ❤️:o

No prob! What you gonna try for?

PepperWoo
02-27-15, 01:50 PM
My baby account finally got a Diamond at level 29 thanks to this boosted breed! :o Now if only I can get this lucky with my main account.. xD

ndtrance
02-27-15, 02:07 PM
My baby account finally got a Diamond at level 29 thanks to this boosted breed! :o Now if only I can get this lucky with my main account.. xD

Wait, does boosted breed affect ultra rares too? Oh I may have to replan my weekend lol.

PepperWoo
02-27-15, 02:12 PM
Wait, does boosted breed affect ultra rares too? Oh I may have to replan my weekend lol.

It doesn't? I'm not really sure lol though I did use the free boosted breed for that one. I've been exclusively trying to breed a Diamond on my baby account for months now to see how early I can snag it. Finally succeeded today.

EDIT: OMG lmao it actually says only Rare and Super Rare in the pop-up. :p So sorry I wasn't paying attention lol luck was on my side then! XD

mimiamelia
02-27-15, 02:30 PM
Wow, how nice! My first boosted breed weekend, wonder how many super rare dragons I can get:)

Using boosted breed I have an 8 hr breed time, which could be metal, godmother, or origami....I have none of the three but I know which I would prefer:)

Good luck everyone! Hope you all get the dragons you wanted!

amerirish
02-27-15, 02:37 PM
It doesn't? I'm not really sure lol though I did use the free boosted breed for that one. I've been exclusively trying to breed a Diamond on my baby account for months now to see how early I can snag it. Finally succeeded today.

EDIT: OMG lmao it actually says only Rare and Super Rare in the pop-up. :p So sorry I wasn't paying attention lol luck was on my side then! XD

Wow, Pepper - CONGRATS on getting a Diamond! It took me 15 months of playing to get one. Nice job :)

tuffyjkitten
02-27-15, 04:15 PM
Wow I wonder if that's why I got Druid and Sunblaze back to back with regular breeding...the odds changed! Time to refresh my second breeding den.

B6x9js
02-27-15, 06:42 PM
Drat I pushed the wrong button. Oh well will try to remember tomorrow. The question I have is does boosted breeding take breeding common dragons totally out of the equation or will we still be getting them? Lately all I get are Magic and Fruitful.

cedkugedchgd
02-27-15, 06:49 PM
OMG! i put in night dragon and snow owl dragon and got an archangel first try!!! :DD

metsfreek
02-27-15, 07:34 PM
I got it with Leo and Mercury!

Kennedward
02-27-15, 07:59 PM
First try for Dark Angel, got a charm fail

dangerb0y
02-27-15, 10:00 PM
Drat I pushed the wrong button. Oh well will try to remember tomorrow. The question I have is does boosted breeding take breeding common dragons totally out of the equation or will we still be getting them? Lately all I get are Magic and Fruitful.

You will still get commons

ghostiemom
02-27-15, 11:36 PM
Wow!! Thanks, Boosted Breed, for the two Life dragons!! Pretty exciting stuff! I've gotten nothing but commons for the past several weeks. Why change it up now? Stupid game.

PepperWoo
02-28-15, 12:39 AM
Wow, Pepper - CONGRATS on getting a Diamond! It took me 15 months of playing to get one. Nice job :)

Thank you! Took me quite a long time to get it on this main account too lol! :D

mbyte68
02-28-15, 04:21 AM
1 acc got the moon and cloud YHHHH :) jst hope can get my main a moon dragon nows :)

mbyte68
02-28-15, 04:23 AM
Wow!! Thanks, Boosted Breed, for the two Life dragons!! Pretty exciting stuff! I've gotten nothing but commons for the past several weeks. Why change it up now? Stupid game.

yh know the feeling happend to me that boosted for a Life tryed few weeks later give it 1 more chance Darn Water i got SMH!! dunno why Boosted cant stay this way TBH for rare/super rares whould make me prob buy more gold try for few others :)

meoconlunar
02-28-15, 05:56 AM
got 2 mist with boost breed :mad:

LonePudding
02-28-15, 05:56 AM
So far with the boosting I've got: a blue moon, hypnotic, luck, mirage, night and something else that definitely isn't common!
I'm not sure if I should go for more diamond hybrids...:confused:

mbyte68
02-28-15, 06:01 AM
You will still get commons

GRRR dont i know it had 2 waters allready :)

LonePudding
02-28-15, 06:38 AM
If I buy gold, I'm gonna speed boost breed for archangel, Leo and some pink hybrids. Don't really mind not getting starry night tbh.

Kennedward
02-28-15, 06:48 AM
2nd try today, still a charm fail while going for Dark Angel

LonePudding
02-28-15, 07:01 AM
2nd try today, still a charm fail while going for Dark Angel

I don't think it alters the chance for ultra rares..

Kennedward
02-28-15, 07:08 AM
I don't think it alters the chance for ultra rares..

My thoughts exactly, you can boost breed but the result can still be a common dragon

mbyte68
02-28-15, 07:11 AM
nope dont think ultras work 1st tried for astromancer and angel b4 i realised the pop up LOL

mbyte68
02-28-15, 07:12 AM
My thoughts exactly, you can boost breed but the result can still be a common dragon

IKR so much for increased odds they need to remove the Commons PERMINATLY from any boosted TBH

LonePudding
02-28-15, 07:18 AM
IKR so much for increased odds they need to remove the Commons PERMINATLY from any boosted TBH

I think everyone agrees with that!!

Kennedward
02-28-15, 07:49 AM

Yup, agreed!

metsfreek
02-28-15, 07:56 AM
Can't really think of what rare/super I want to try for that isn't full of the same tired fails. Trying for Divine but it's quite the long shot. I was hoping that Rose dragin would be gone before I tried for this again.

Kennedward
02-28-15, 08:06 AM
Can't really think of what rare/super I want to try for that isn't full of the same tired fails. Trying for Divine but it's quite the long shot. I was hoping that Rose dragin would be gone before I tried for this again.

As a lot of the players results on here suggests, including mine, you can try but you'll most likely end up with common fails, so really it doesn't matter what you try, the result highly depends on your luck

LonePudding
02-28-15, 08:48 AM

I'm not sure either! Archangel was my main focus, but I really need some more pinks! It's so hard to decide!!

Kennedward
02-28-15, 09:00 AM
I'm not sure either! Archangel was my main focus, but I really need some more pinks! It's so hard to decide!!

I'm now down to breeding whatever with boosted breed, don't have anything in mind, just to see what will result if I breed different dragons

Splashy81
02-28-15, 10:06 AM
I got Divine with my first try on boosted breed! I'm so excited about this as she is a beautiful dragon and tough to get due to being a tri-color super. I bred 7/Lacewing with 10/Forest. I tried for Darksteel next (night/metal) but got a Penumbra.

I haven't decided what else to try for just yet; there are so many I want!
Mask
Gadget / Darksteel
Deep / Celestial (my islands will not breed this guy!)
Starry Night
Troll
Porcelain / Aurora
Eclipse (don't have Cosmic yet, lol)
Night Elf / Black Swan
Artemis / Fates

zyfazix
02-28-15, 10:18 AM
I got Divine with my first try on boosted breed! I'm so excited about this as she is a beautiful dragon and tough to get due to being a tri-color super. I bred 7/Lacewing with 10/Forest. I tried for Darksteel next (night/metal) but got a Penumbra.

I haven't decided what else to try for just yet; there are so many I want!
Mask
Gadget / Darksteel
Deep / Celestial (my islands will not breed this guy!)
Starry Night
Troll
Porcelain / Aurora
Eclipse (don't have Cosmic yet, lol)
Night Elf / Black Swan
Artemis / Fates

I really like the Mask dragon, it's so cute

Natasha_07
02-28-15, 10:23 AM
Trying for birthstone, I got 12 hours. It could be that, winter rose or wildflower which I already have.

I have a question guys, does this boosted breed apply to breed diamond or diamond hybrids ? :confused:

LonePudding
02-28-15, 10:42 AM
Trying for birthstone, I got 12 hours. It could be that, winter rose or wildflower which I already have.

I have a question guys, does this boosted breed apply to breed diamond or diamond hybrids ? :confused:

I'm not really sure, other people (and me!) have been able to breed diamond types during this breeding event but who knows? We might have got it anyway without the boost! I just got an Icicle dragon (ice age and diamond) so I guess it does help! I say go for it! I'm know going to quit going for archangel and try for gold, Mercury or unicorn instead!

metsfreek
02-28-15, 10:49 AM
As a lot of the players results on here suggests, including mine, you can try but you'll most likely end up with common fails, so really it doesn't matter what you try, the result highly depends on your luck
Yes I'm aware. I used boosted breed all the time instead of speeding up fails. I just want a dragon that does not have a lot of unnecessary fails and is rare or super. I can't really think of any. But hey I've gotten Lorekeeper and Pixie. Free pink gem :D

ndtrance
02-28-15, 01:12 PM
I'm not really sure, other people (and me!) have been able to breed diamond types during this breeding event but who knows? We might have got it anyway without the boost! I just got an Icicle dragon (ice age and diamond) so I guess it does help! I say go for it! I'm know going to quit going for archangel and try for gold, Mercury or unicorn instead!

Yeah I've been wondering if this increased the chance for super rares and rares OR decreased the chance for commons? I've been trying to breed Olympus types with rainbow to pick up iris and zeus, but I may switch to rainbow and diamond to see what happens. I still need seer, starry night and diamond prism so I don't really mind switching to this pair.

I've been thinking about breeding metal/night as well to get darksteel, archangel, blue moon......decisions decisions. lol

ghostiemom
02-28-15, 02:11 PM
Meh. Now I keep forgetting to hit the dumb boosted button.

kimandamelia
02-28-15, 05:26 PM
I really want that birthstone! Did a boost on gemstone and air and got topaz, which I didn't have, so happy about that, and that may make it easier to get birthstone next time. I am still in shock over how much Android missed out on before the upgrade! There is always something to do now! Only need one more win to get the weekend tournament won!

Edit: just won the tournament! Yay, love free dragons! !

Scarletfyr
02-28-15, 06:34 PM
That is bad timing!

If it makes you feel any better I have boosted purple and blue for dark Phoenix and just got my 7 night dragon 23 hours. Good luck all!

LonePudding
02-28-15, 07:19 PM
Now I'm thinking I should do rainbow x diamond for a shot at gold, Mercury and starry night. So many dragons I want and there's not enough time or gold to get them all!:(

Lipand5kids
02-28-15, 07:33 PM
I am going to breed an Arcangel! So far nadda.

Kennedward
02-28-15, 07:50 PM
Yes I'm aware. I used boosted breed all the time instead of speeding up fails. I just want a dragon that does not have a lot of unnecessary fails and is rare or super. I can't really think of any. But hey I've gotten Lorekeeper and Pixie. Free pink gem :D

Hmm, can't really find one that does not give common fails, even the combos that gives the least number of fails still include at least 1 or 2 common fails, which makes this boosted breed all the more useless in my view

PernReloaded
02-28-15, 08:15 PM
Soooo for the second time in the game, the timer on my breeding has changed. I had Rising Sun x Frightmare, nine hours.

I put the egg on the nest, and lo and behold its a ten hour coral.

This has absolutely happened to me before, and it ticks me the heck off! I lost my rare/sr guaranteed from that nine hours to a commoon ten, and urgh! D:<

Kennedward
02-28-15, 08:40 PM
Soooo for the second time in the game, the timer on my breeding has changed. I had Rising Sun x Frightmare, nine hours.

This has absolutely happened to me before, and it ticks me the heck off! I lost my rare/sr guaranteed from that nine hours to a commoon ten, and urgh! D:<

I understand, it seems the boosted breed doesn't give much in terms of rare dragons, and you ca still end up with a common fail despite being a boosted breed

mbyte68
02-28-15, 09:13 PM
yhhhh a moon on my main acc :D

Mythdefied
02-28-15, 09:33 PM
It worked for getting Starry Night, but no luck on a Diamond so far. I'm using Goodwitch and Metal since that combo has the fewest possible outcomes.

PernReloaded
02-28-15, 09:52 PM
I understand, it seems the boosted breed doesn't give much in terms of rare dragons, and you ca still end up with a common fail despite being a boosted breed

No, you misunderstand. When the pair was breeding, the timer showed NINE hours. When the egg went on the nest, it was a TEN hour fail. Somehow or another, an extra hour was added onto the egg between when my pair was breeding and when the egg went on the nest. And since the breeding time is supposed to be the same as the hatching time, I was *****ed out of a nine hour rare/super rare from that pairing.

This has happened to me before - I was playing my game a few months ago, when the 24 day period ended and a new 'day' began, and saw an hour get added onto my breeding times. I sat there and SAW the timer change from a guaranteed rare to a common. I was /so upset/, but there was nothing that could be done. It doesn't happen all the time, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make me really angry when it does.

mbyte68
02-28-15, 10:26 PM
may try for double or triple rainbow if i get enough gold togethers to rush this moon through :)

Splashy81
03-01-15, 12:07 AM

I had a strange (sync?) error this evening too. I was trying for black swan. I would have bred night/night, but my 2nd night was exhausted from battle. Instead, I bred 8/Kitsune x 4/night & got 12 hours. I was ok with this cause maybe I would get the phoenix or celestial... Some time later (not sure how long, maybe an hour or two) I saw my den was empty. Very strange. There was nothing breeding.

Since I didn't get a that 17 hour timer I was hoping for, I decided to go w a different combo. I put on 7/rainbow x 10/air & got a 21 hour timer!! Hopefully it's the starry night! I'm going to try & wait for tomorrow to speed.

LonePudding
03-01-15, 02:40 AM
The empty den thing happens to me all the time! But mostly when I'm playing without wifi so I always thought that was why...

Natasha_07
03-01-15, 05:26 AM

Thanks pudding! I got a winter rose, really wanted that birthstone. I tried for some diamonds, nothing exciting yet...

Wishing I get more lucky next try this afternoon.

pattons_friends
03-01-15, 05:28 AM
I'm on lvl 111 & still don't have a rainbow, thought boosted breed could be my chance :( 1st fail was mist, now I have a 10hr fail. I already have the habitat & the stone & tropic but there all empty :(

Natasha_07
03-01-15, 05:29 AM
The sync thing happened to you guys too ?! I'm really learning I'm not alone on certain things, good to know.

I got a 17 hours timer yesterday as well which changed to 16 hours right in front of my eyes.

Anyways... Here's to better luck for diamonds! :)

mimiamelia
03-01-15, 06:07 AM
Of the three boosted breed I did, I got:

1 x metal
1 x mist
1 x charm

........:( Good luck guys, hope you all have better luck than I do

pocopicasso
03-01-15, 08:55 AM
Can anyone tell me, is it just "boosted" for the dragons shown on the picture or for ALL rare/super rare'so that you may want? Thanks!!

freesiawoods
03-01-15, 09:00 AM
Thanks pudding! I got a winter rose, really wanted that birthstone. I tried for some diamonds, nothing exciting yet...

Tried for winter rose but boosted breed gave me 20 hours!

pattons_friends
03-01-15, 10:48 AM
I guess we should all just be happy that none of us are paying out the usual gold charge :p

LonePudding
03-01-15, 11:05 AM
I'm on lvl 111 & still don't have a rainbow, thought boosted breed could be my chance :( 1st fail was mist, now I have a 10hr fail. I already have the habitat & the stone & tropic but there all empty :(

I know how that feels, I still haven't got mythic or fairytale :( I got my rainbow using mist x mindvolt of that helps. Good luck with your breeding!

LonePudding
03-01-15, 11:08 AM
Can anyone tell me, is it just "boosted" for the dragons shown on the picture or for ALL rare/super rare'so that you may want? Thanks!!

Every rare or super rare dragon that is out now is included in the boost. However, it is still unknown as to whether the common percentage is lowered or the rare/super rares chances are increased?

LonePudding
03-01-15, 11:09 AM

Hope you get that birthstone?

shooshemc
03-01-15, 11:32 AM
Really? Wow...I have done 4 breedings so far and got 4 common dragons, so you'll please excuse my skepticism. I bred Gold and Air, with only 2 results possible, so I had a 50% chance of getting Diamond...what did I get? Air. Every one of my 4 breedings have been with my only diamond dragon, a high percentage (50%) of getting a diamond, but only commons. So what is the secret for getting a rare or super rare? Should I be breeding 2 commons, with 20 to 40 possibilities of success? Color me FRUSTRATED.

vshephard96
03-01-15, 11:42 AM
After being phone less for 5 days I'm a little lost with this boosted thing. What does this mean and how do I go about working this?

ciarjen
03-01-15, 11:46 AM
Really? Wow...I have done 4 breedings so far and got 4 common dragons, so you'll please excuse my skepticism. I bred Gold and Air, with only 2 results possible, so I had a 50% chance of getting Diamond...what did I get? Air. Every one of my 4 breedings have been with my only diamond dragon, a high percentage (50%) of getting a diamond, but only commons. So what is the secret for getting a rare or super rare? Should I be breeding 2 commons, with 20 to 40 possibilities of success? Color me FRUSTRATED.

No, there is not a 50% chance of getting a diamond. Diamonds are ultra rare which is even harder to get than a rare of a super rare. TL have never published what the odds are for getting ultra rares but let's say it is 1 in 100. So even if there is more of a chance of getting a diamond on a boosted breed, it is still very unlikely.

People have more success getting diamonds when the Diamond temple is on sale. That advertises a 6 times greater chance than normal to get a diamond.

But on the particular pairing you have used - Gold and Air - you can only get Gold and Air from them. You cannot get a diamond. If Gold is your only diamond hybrid, why not try for something different by breeding it with something with another two or three colours which is not the yellow you already have in Gold. To get a pure diamond (not hybrid) you need 4 different colour elements.

Lipand5kids
03-01-15, 12:14 PM
I've been breeding Lotus and Snow Owl and finally got 8hrs!!! It's either Archangel or Godmother.

Lipand5kids
03-01-15, 12:20 PM
After being phone less for 5 days I'm a little lost with this boosted thing. What does this mean and how do I go about working this?

When you breed your dragons it in no longer gold to pay for the boost but 200 coins. Good luck!

meoconlunar
03-01-15, 12:51 PM
Boosted breed has given me 6 mist and only 1 social (but i had it before). Oh my!!!

meoconlunar
03-01-15, 12:52 PM
what a joke, 6 mist and 1 social, I am tired

ndtrance
03-01-15, 12:53 PM
So I've been keeping track of my dragons this weekend and using gold to speed up. So far I've bred:

2 mists
mindvolt
nyx
patchwork
(Athena- forgot to hit boosted breed here)
metal
winter
metal

So nothing new so far but at least I've got some rares to trade. My other account has been breeding wizard/fairy nonstop. I've picked up rainbow, mindvolt, wizard, and royal- no commons. I needed rainbow and royal so I'm happy about that. I haven't bred any super rares on either account, but I am wondering if I'm having luck with minor types.

CuteTali
03-01-15, 12:59 PM
They really just need to completely eliminate any chance of "common" results when using a HQ boosted breed. Common results should be exclusive to regular breeding.

LonePudding
03-01-15, 01:15 PM

Just like ciarjen already said, a diamond dragon is not possible from that combo. The two possibilities are gold and air.

PernReloaded
03-01-15, 01:15 PM
What ciarjen said. You are making the mistake of having two possible outcomes with having a 50% chance of either outcome. That isn't the case. You have the potential for two possible outcomes, but because having anything diamond is super rare (say, perhaps 1-5% of any diamond breeding) then you only have a 1-5% chance of getting a diamond, while the rest of the percentage will be air because it's common.

Besides, breeding air and gold will not give you a diamond - the yellow element will be there even if the diamond gets passed on, so you'll only end up with another Gold. You have to either breed your gold with another diamond hybrid and hope that both pairs pass on the diamond (you could potentially end up with an infinity like this, as well, but at least its a pure diamond type), but you'll end up with a bunch of common/rare/super rare dragons as potential outcomes.

PernReloaded
03-01-15, 01:24 PM
The empty den thing happens to me all the time! But mostly when I'm playing without wifi so I always thought that was why...

I havent gotten an empty den issue, thank goodness, but when the timer/nest synch issue happens.... What's weird is that both times its happened it was either a guaranteed Celestial or potential Celestial, and I am womdering if its a glitch with that dragon or potential for it.

Kennedward
03-01-15, 02:03 PM

I ended with common fails as well, and like what others said, the chance of getting Diamond is more like 10% or 5% even with boosted breed

Kennedward
03-01-15, 02:04 PM
No, you misunderstand. When the pair was breeding, the timer showed NINE hours. When the egg went on the nest, it was a TEN hour fail. Somehow or another, an extra hour was added onto the egg between when my pair was breeding and when the egg went on the nest. And since the breeding time is supposed to be the same as the hatching time, I was *****ed out of a nine hour rare/super rare from that pairing.

This has happened to me before - I was playing my game a few months ago, when the 24 day period ended and a new 'day' began, and saw an hour get added onto my breeding times. I sat there and SAW the timer change from a guaranteed rare to a common. I was /so upset/, but there was nothing that could be done. It doesn't happen all the time, but that doesn't mean it doesn't make me really angry when it does.

I meant I understand the frustration of getting common fails......

PernReloaded
03-01-15, 02:25 PM
I meant I understand the frustration of getting common fails......

Oh, sorry. No, I know very well that boosted breeding doesn't guarantee a rare/super rare (for the most part I feel it's a crock and waste of gold). Getting a common doesn't bug me at all.

What I was frustrated about was the synch issue where the rare/super rare I was supposed to get (according to the breeding time) magically turned into a common.

jtm101
03-01-15, 04:31 PM
I keep forgetting to do the boosted breed, seems so unnatural to do it. I swear i have only actually remembered to do the boosted breeding half the time and been lucky to breed 1 Cosmos over 2 accounts so far.

Ive been trying to get a Cerberus by Mythic x Amber or a Mech by Metal x Life.

shooshemc
03-01-15, 05:40 PM
I was referring to the gold, when I said diamond...I got the breeding info from the breeding calculator.

owa411
03-01-15, 06:42 PM
I got my 2 rares on my 3rd (Dark Phoenix) and 4th attempt (Archangel). Am not too greedy and just try for the Birthstone. So far no luck on that last one. Good luck you guys and I hope you all get a super-rare dragon you're aiming for!! :)

spiritanimals000
03-01-15, 08:03 PM
Can't actually get the ones on the screen but I could get maybe a elements dragon.

Passera
03-01-15, 08:05 PM
Yay yet another magic fail! :-/

Kennedward
03-01-15, 08:33 PM
Yet another common fail, ok onto the next breed, it should be my last one as this is supposed to be for the weekend only

roguebee
03-01-15, 08:44 PM
We'll have until the update on Tuesday.

Kennedward
03-01-15, 08:57 PM
We'll have until the update on Tuesday.

Nice, this means I'll probably have about 2 days, which should be about 2 or 3 more tries

mbyte68
03-01-15, 09:07 PM
They really just need to completely eliminate any chance of "common" results when using a HQ boosted breed. Common results should be exclusive to regular breeding.

i keep sayin that TBH also

mimiamelia
03-01-15, 09:09 PM
I'm beginning to think that I have better luck without using boosted breed....

Out of 6 tries using boosted breed, I have gotten

1 x metal
2 x charm
1 x mist
1 x love
1 x lunar ram

I did get 2 rare, but I can get as many rare dragons just by normal breeding. I understand that we can still get common dragons, but my luck must have been really bad......ugh

spiritanimals000
03-01-15, 09:58 PM
Is it just only the ones on the picture then sadly I won't be able to get them but if you mean by all rare/super rare hybrids then maybe I could get a elements dragon.

PepperWoo
03-01-15, 10:32 PM
So far I've gotten 1 super rare, 10 rares, and a whole bunch of commons for this account. Four of those dragons I didn't have before so it's not a total loss. And yes I second that they should consider eliminating the common dragons when doing a boosted breed. It sucks to get all commons when you're paying gold. Well, this one's free but I did speed breed a lot so... XD

U1timate
03-01-15, 11:46 PM
This hasn't worked for me so far all common dragons I only get rare once I speed up the time n breed again n even then I get commons also

hugpete
03-02-15, 12:27 AM
So far I've boosted bred: magic, leo, sunrise, tiny, lunar ram. So... ups and downs. :]

bakerystoe
03-02-15, 05:20 AM
I got starry night:)

zyfazix
03-02-15, 05:38 AM
Love, athletic, planet, tiny and a cloud/luck or super. That one's still breeding so it's impossible to say which one it is. Maybe I'll try to get Mythic next, I really want one of those

Galadraal
03-02-15, 07:26 AM
Just how much is the "boosted" breeding supposed to improve the odds? I've been trying for Quetzal and Crusader over and over and I see no evidence of any improvement of the odds. Just read what it said about the Rare and Super Rare being improved so that explains it.

mbyte68
03-02-15, 07:31 AM
crusader is easy fire x diamond over and over took me about 30 goes in a row to eventually get this after tryin on off , helps if nest is right by breeding den lol :)

sha62o
03-02-15, 08:32 AM
Yes I done that and got Crusader and 2 Quetzal tired continually in a row.

LonePudding
03-02-15, 10:24 AM
Want to try for gold now but I need to buy gold to speed through it:( one gold giving dragon isn't enough for someone who spends gold like me.

Natasha_07
03-02-15, 10:28 AM
I got 12 hours again, please be birthstone! :o

mbyte68
03-02-15, 10:28 AM
Want to try for gold now but I need to buy gold to speed through it:( one gold giving dragon isn't enough for someone who spends gold like me.

LOL im same with 2 Gold dragons TBH :) wish i had money in bank as well dunno what to try get nxt only got few attempts left hope they do this again soon maybe every few months

Mythdefied
03-02-15, 10:55 AM
I've managed Starry Night and Cosmos, other than that, fails. At least I have a chance at better dragons with the boosted breed, so I'm enjoying it.

AwesomeChefDad
03-02-15, 12:08 PM
Yeah boosted breed works nice for the newer accounts and lower level dragons, between our two house accounts trying for diamond hybrids (light and air) have been a big fat zippo. I've been working on light diamond for now like 6 months, two or more times a day and nothing. Probably did diamona and air 20-30 times this weekend and also zippo.

Gotta love computer programs...

:rolleyes:

freshfunin2008
03-02-15, 12:32 PM
I have been getting commons. Go figure. Maybe 1 rare so far.

CuteTali
03-02-15, 01:59 PM
Okay, I've been speeding up breeding to try and get some HQ dragons before the boosting option goes away and I've come up with this 15 hour egg that doesn't show up on the egg chart picture at all. Does anyone have any idea which dragon this is?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag120/liatp23/Dragon%20Story/IMG_0747_zpshl1cipze.jpg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/liatp23/media/Dragon%20Story/IMG_0747_zpshl1cipze.jpg.html)

It looks like light blue sky with clouds and a cresent moon and a pink lizard in the middle.

ndtrance
03-02-15, 02:08 PM
Okay, I've been speeding up breeding to try and get some HQ dragons before the boosting option goes away and I've come up with this 15 hour egg that doesn't show up on the egg chart picture at all. Does anyone have any idea which dragon this is?

http://i1301.photobucket.com/albums/ag120/liatp23/Dragon%20Story/IMG_0747_zpshl1cipze.jpg (http://s1301.photobucket.com/user/liatp23/media/Dragon%20Story/IMG_0747_zpshl1cipze.jpg.html)

It looks like light blue sky with clouds and a cresent moon and a pink lizard in the middle.

Your new egg is Never Ending. Congrats;)

CuteTali
03-02-15, 03:50 PM
Your new egg is Never Ending. Congrats;)

Thank you! I don't have that one yet and I like pink element dragons, so that's nice :)

freshfunin2008
03-02-15, 04:13 PM
Looks like I am getting a shell from boosted breeding. Not sure if rare or super rare but that is one I didn't have yet.

metsfreek
03-02-15, 05:02 PM
Got 3 Rose dragons in a row trying for Divine. Literally the worst option

Varinamom
03-02-15, 06:12 PM
I've learned that I will never spend gold for a boosted breed. I've gotten a love, luck, island and air.

Kennedward
03-02-15, 08:33 PM
Got nothing but common fails, and today I got 23 hours, which is most likely night, as I highly doubt it'll be dark angel

owa411
03-03-15, 06:19 AM
Cant remember my first 2 tries but all together I'm satisfied with the results:
1 dark phoenix (didnt have)
1 archangel (didnt have)
1 golem (didnt have)
2 sunblazes (had 1)
2 mists (no comments)
1 music (had 1)
1 winter rose (didnt have)
1 winter (had 1)
1 firestorm (had 1)
1 cosmos (had 1, traded it, now i have it back)
And now a fairy godmother or a genie (have them both)

So I'm pretty happy with the outcome. More of these weekends please!! :)

freesiawoods
03-03-15, 06:38 AM
Yeah boosted breed works nice for the newer accounts and lower level dragons, between our two house accounts trying for diamond hybrids (light and air) have been a big fat zippo. I've been working on light diamond for now like 6 months, two or more times a day and nothing. Probably did diamona and air 20-30 times this weekend and also zippo.

Gotta love computer programs...

:rolleyes:

I think the popup about free boosted breed mentions greater chance of rares and super rares. Nothing about ultra rares.

mbyte68
03-03-15, 07:11 AM
its been a productive few days all 3 accs got summit new , makes a change of repeated dragons appearing on my island , BIG thanks to TL for doing this hope it becomes a regular thing every few months or summit inbetween all theese events, tournys :)

Drachenia
03-03-15, 07:43 AM
Thanks to the booster weekend I once able to breed a limit dragon. The weekend booster it's beautiful and it it's great. Thank you team leader and team :D

ahomeforme
03-03-15, 08:28 AM
What's wrong with me this past week?! I only found out about the Rainbow Sentinel quest yesterday, and only now finding out how the boosted breed weekend works (no gold needed! just coins!) Never once I tap on the boosted breed button where in fact my breeding den was never empty for the last several days. And I just started breeding (14 hrs) before I found out too. Not a chance this time round.
What's wrong with me?! Too focused on flash tourney? Collecting glitter stones? Mining for dragon/expansion parts? Evolving dragons for trading so I can get to craft Lotus? Aaaarrggh!!!.... sigh.........

addspydre
03-03-15, 09:07 AM
Across then down:
Rainbow dragon: rare, blue + yellow
Dark Phoenix dragon: super rare, blue + purple
Twilight dragon: super rare, pink + purple
Birthstone dragon: rare, gemstone + yellow
Archangel dragon: super rare, black + white + blue
Cloud dragon: rare, blue + white

Don't forget Gemstone - blue + green with boosted breeding (unfortunately, at a low level, so I have to wait until I save enough coins for the habitat. I also got the rainbow dragon with boosted breeding - again, being such a low level, I ended up buying gold to to use to jump my coin amount to place the rainbow habitat. I hope the triple rainbow comes just as quickly, but since boosted breeding has, I suppose ended, I doubt that will happen. On this account (I'm still posting under my old account name, I just haven't bothered logging into the new account name) I had been trying for ABOUT six months to try to get the triple dragon without any luck.

freshfunin2008
03-03-15, 09:18 AM
I got a shell with boosted breed. I didn't have it so that was cool. But I also got a lot of commons fails as well with boosted breed. Like Magic, Island, and lets not forget Mist.

chibi531
03-03-15, 09:42 AM
This has been a total and complete bust and makes me wonder why I would ever spend gems on this:

Arctic Isles: repeated blizzard/blizzard breedings have all yielded - more blizzards!

Main Isle: diamond/black breedings have all yielded Water.

If this was meant to encourage me to spend gems on boosted breeding, it's done quite the opposite.

orleansparish
03-03-15, 09:53 AM
I didn't see this popup until yesterday evening. It stinks! Not that it will help me much. Although I could use some help with archangel.

orleansparish
03-03-15, 09:55 AM
This has been a total and complete bust and makes me wonder why I would ever spend gems on this:

Arctic Isles: repeated blizzard/blizzard breedings have all yielded - more blizzards!

Main Isle: diamond/black breedings have all yielded Water.

If this was meant to encourage me to spend gems on boosted breeding, it's done quite the opposite.

That's the point. Never spend gems on boosted breeding. It rarely works. Take advantage of the slight almost perhaps maybe chance you would have, at getting what you want, while the boost is for coins.

ndtrance
03-03-15, 10:03 AM
I can't complain about boosted breeding. I use gold to speed things up some and that helped. On this account I ended up with 6 commons and 9 rares, with 3 new dragons including Super which I never would have bred on my own and Cosmic which I couldn't seem to get. My second account ended up with 1 common, 6 rares, 2 super rares, giving me 5 new dragons. I'm on level 50 something on that account so most things are new.

LonePudding
03-03-15, 10:16 AM
I'm very satisfied with my new diamond hybrid icicle over at the Arctic isles. I rarely go there but at least I know my diamond doesn't always split!

MaribouMay
03-03-15, 10:49 AM
I assume boosted breeding ends shortly. Last time we had a boosted breed weekend my game didn't update and continued to say 200 coins so I continued to use it. It took 3 times before I realized that gold was disappearing even though it said coins. I contacted TL and got my gold back after I was made to feel lower than pond scum. I had to delete and reinstall to get the boosted breed to read as gold not coins. I will be paying more attention this time!

Boosted breeding was a bust for me. I didn't get anything new from breeding. Even so, I appreciate the opportunity.

Edited to add that the boosted breed just ended at 10am local time not the usual 10:30am that events usually end at. I sped up the Mist that was breeding for one more (supposedly free) boosted breeding. Not only did I lose gold when it still said 200 coins but I got another Mist breeding. If TL is wondering why I don't ever buy gold anymore, it is why. Gold traps eat all my gold and I am treated like a panhandler when I try to recover it from TL. If I don't have much, I can't lose much.

LonePudding
03-03-15, 11:12 AM
Guys, it's gone!! I just accidentally spent 12 coins boosting a water dragon because I carelessly boosted it thinking it was still free. Bye boosting!

ghostiemom
03-03-15, 11:27 AM
Guys, it's gone!! I just accidentally spent 12 coins boosting a water dragon because I carelessly boosted it thinking it was still free. Bye boosting!

Ahhhhhh!!!!! I just did the same thing! Sure wish I'd scrolled on down to your post 3 seconds earlier, lol. Got 8 hours (again, last time was Fuzzy) with Flower and Familiar, so maybe just maybe I'll get that Divine? (I'm not terribly optomistic though).

ghostiemom
03-03-15, 11:28 AM
Why, TL do you sometimes end things before the actual update?? Sneaky...

ghostiemom
03-03-15, 11:30 AM
Boosted Breed weekend was mostly a bust for me. Got a truckload of Lifes and Islands. Did get a Landworm (my third) which I guess I'll trade even though I don't really need the gems, and an 8-bit, which I think is ugly, but at least it's new for me.

ghostiemom
03-03-15, 11:32 AM
Noooooooo!!!! NOt another tournament!! I just battled darn it. What's it for?

tuffyjkitten
03-03-15, 11:35 AM
Noooooooo!!!! NOt another tournament!! I just battled darn it. What's it for?

That's exactly what I said! We just had a flash tourney and required battling for the Rainbow Sentinel. No more battling!

That's said, I had good luck with boosted breeding this time. I only had 1 common fail off 2 breeding dens.

freshfunin2008
03-03-15, 11:49 AM
I was just going to say be care not to keep using the boosted breeding since today it is suppose to go away.

mayday2001
03-03-15, 11:55 AM
I didn't see this popup until yesterday evening. It stinks! Not that it will help me much. Although I could use some help with archangel.
I tried all weekend for archangel with the boosted breed. My result: 5 metal dragons. I used different combos too. So don't feel bad, I really don't think it helped

ndtrance
03-03-15, 12:19 PM
I tried all weekend for archangel with the boosted breed. My result: 5 metal dragons. I used different combos too. So don't feel bad, I really don't think it helped

I made 3 attempts at archangel. After the second metal dragon I walked away. Seeing 8hrs pop up over and over again AND not getting archangel was enough for me lol

LonePudding
03-03-15, 12:44 PM
Archangel was my main focus....that changed quickly!! I'm glad I got a new type out of this too, fairytale!!!

renbuxing
03-03-15, 12:52 PM
I used Angel + Frightmare and got 2 metal. After that I tried Diamond + Leo, got Social, Celestial and Starry Night. Then came back to Night + Snow Own to get far away metal, finally i got Archangel:) So lucky. Before the boosted gone, I tried the last one with Diamond + Leo and got 24 hours, it could be Ariel or Black Diamond which I didn't have neither.

This is my first free boosted experience and I'm happy with it.

LonePudding
03-03-15, 01:01 PM
I used Angel + Frightmare and got 2 metal. After that I tried Diamond + Leo, got Social, Celestial and Starry Night. Then came back to Night + Snow Own to get far away metal, finally i got Archangel:) So lucky. Before the boosted gone, I tried the last one with Diamond + Leo and got 24 hours, it could be Ariel or Black Diamond which I didn't have neither.

This is my first free boosted experience and I'm happy with it.

That is very lucky!! I think the next ones in about 6 months time though:(

PernReloaded
03-03-15, 09:16 PM
Boosted Breeding weekend did absolutely nothing for me. No new dragons, nothing.

In fact, it completely broke the run of luck I'd had breeding new dragons on my island, so it actually seems like it was *bad* luck for my account.

renbuxing
03-03-15, 11:52 PM
That is very lucky!! I think the next ones in about 6 months time though:(

Yes I'm so lucky, 24 hours was Ariel and I still tried Diamond + Leo, you know what, I just got 40 hours, it's Anubis :D, so so happy now even the boosted gone

pocopicasso
03-04-15, 12:44 PM
Every rare or super rare dragon that is out now is included in the boost. However, it is still unknown as to whether the common percentage is lowered or the rare/super rares chances are increased?
Thanks Lone Pudding, I appreciate the response (which I had read earlier and had it in my brain that I replied:p), but I must've seen something shiny.....unfortunately it wasn't anything shining from all the breeding I did😢, but thank you nonetheless!!

LonePudding
03-04-15, 05:16 PM
Thanks Lone Pudding, I appreciate the response (which I had read earlier and had it in my brain that I replied:p)

Haha, it's ok, I thought it was only me who did that! :D

jptheripper
03-04-15, 06:23 PM
got godmother and starry night trying for astromancer.

Myrta5
03-04-15, 08:06 PM
got godmother and starry night trying for astromancer.

After all the Mist, Island , Luck and other regulars fails in one account in my last Boost Breeding with coins got Starry Night and my other account got in my last Breeding a Yeti but is disappointed that the breeding boost with coins we all get so many commons dragons to many for me is like the breeding boost was broken terrible breeding this weekend 😱

Kennedward
03-04-15, 08:13 PM
I got nothing at the end

DaenerysFantasy
03-05-15, 02:05 AM
I got a room full of mists and nothing else.

julia88s
03-06-15, 03:59 AM
I got rainbow dragon! I'm very happy :cool: