PDA

View Full Version : 2-26-15 Gem Sale

EviBrooklyn
02-26-15, 01:08 PM
So some players are getting gem sale today and some are not.
I'm not anyway. Someone told me they got 30% of on the $49.99 package.
What's going on TL?

matiasabad94
02-26-15, 01:11 PM
Not me.

Anyway, 30% off is still not worth it.

onyxox
02-26-15, 01:12 PM
I got it, on my daughters account. 12 hour sale

jim23cash
02-26-15, 01:18 PM
Bummer. No sale for me, either.

EviBrooklyn
02-26-15, 01:21 PM
This sucks. I said before if FF does the same as they do in DS that some get sales and some don't ( usually the paying players dont) I'll stop buying gems

matiasabad94
02-26-15, 01:28 PM
This sucks. I said before if FF does the same as they do in DS that some get sales and some don't ( usually the paying players dont) I'll stop buying gems

Really?! If this is true I will never spend another penny on this game.

igames4me
02-26-15, 01:41 PM
Sales go out to random players ( gem buyers or not)

I have 2 account in which I've never bought gems on this game on either accounts

I have a 12 hr 20% sell on one and no sell at all in other acct

GreasedLightening
02-26-15, 01:48 PM
Got 30% sale.

EviBrooklyn
02-26-15, 01:51 PM
This is such non sense. We all have been screaming for gem sale and finally they decide to give sale and only give it to some
Very upsetting

EviBrooklyn
02-26-15, 01:52 PM
Got 30% sale.

What packages did you get 30% on?

orleansparish
02-26-15, 01:55 PM
Not me.

Anyway, 30% off is still not worth it.

30% off is a huge difference. Tell that to the folks who actually buy gems on sale. And had to get gems without one, like me on ds. Sales would increase their revenue. Why they don't do it more often is beyond me.

readysetgo888
02-26-15, 02:33 PM
What??? A sale and it's not being offered to all players? What???? Omg this is angering.

Those that are getting the sale, would you please share what level you are, when you started playing, and whether you have ever bought gems before? I want to know if there is a pattern to this.

I'm level 40, playing since August, and I have bought gems before (last time was during Black Friday sale)... no sale for me :mad: :mad: :mad:

zenobia42
02-26-15, 02:36 PM
Here is the sale:
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18620&d=1424986599

orleansparish
02-26-15, 02:37 PM

They're random. I have four accounts. They all get sales. The one I have literally spent hundreds of dollars buying gems for over the years, gets sales three times a week. If we don't like how it is, we have the option not to buy. Id love to buy gems on farm 2 but they don't do sales. So I dont. Unless it's a simple 1.99 package for 42 gems or something.

readysetgo888
02-26-15, 02:38 PM
I got it, on my daughters account. 12 hour sale

Wow this is ridiculous... I don't have the option to purchase just 20... my lowest purchase option is the 120 for $5. This must be a change they are making for newer players - and I'm guessing it's newer players getting this sale, although we need confirmation. Screwing over the older players again, are we TL? This is the most unfair company I could possibly imagine.

Never, EVER spending another dime on this game without major changes. Thanks for totally alienating your customers.

zenobia42
02-26-15, 02:40 PM
Not sure if I will buy any or not. I wish I knew if the new animal coming out tomorrow were a limited breed or not. Because if it's a limited breed going on at the same time as FOUR other limited breeds, I am absolutely, positively DONE with ever spending another dime on this game. However if it's a permanent breedable animal, the first in a LONG time, I'd like to give the company some positive reinforcement by buying some.

But the sale runs out before we find out what the deal with tomorrow's animal is. So... I guess I won't buy. Unless a staff member comes on here and swears the new animal will be permanent.

Also, just because some people are being "randomly" denied the deal, I may not buy in protest of that unfair treatment.

readysetgo888
02-26-15, 02:46 PM
I wonder if this is an indication that this game has started struggling to make a profit. Or, they are experimenting with a sale to random players, and if they find it profitable enough, perhaps they will start regularly offering sales as they do in their other games.

There is NO WAY that every player should not have been offered the same sale, however. The only way it would be fair is if they chose to offer a sale to ONLY those players who tend to spend a lot of money. That I would understand (like a bonus sale for being good customers) but that is clearly not what's going on.

AuntyRose32
02-26-15, 03:13 PM
I got a 30% sale today. I bought gems for the first time because of it. I see that some players have the option to buy 20 gems (I think that's the amount) for $0.99, I really wish that this $0.99 option was released in all the games, even if it was just once a month. It would be so helpful at times.

rjazz
02-26-15, 03:44 PM
I don't have it-is it because other people are a day ahead of us time zone wise? This is really unfair if we don't all get it!

Vodelle
02-26-15, 03:53 PM
Have people made sure to force-close the game to check to see if they have the sale? (I got one, but I didn't find out about it until after I did that.)

I'm glad there is a sale, but it's a pointless time for there to be one. Maybe if it was on the last day of the vday animals and I was deciding whether to speed breed, or something, but as it is I'll pass. I also don't see why they wouldn't just offer it to everyone. (Unless they offer different sales in order to get market data, which they don't seem to be doing, it makes no real sense...)

EviBrooklyn
02-26-15, 03:55 PM
I would have spend a few hundred dollars if I had the sale but I'm really pissed at this deal being offered randomly or not... Why would they do this " random" non sense? Though I really doubt this is random...
With that said, thanks TL for treating your HEAVY players so good.. You sure know how to " keep" us around (NOT)

rjazz
02-26-15, 04:01 PM
I would have bought too. I want to upgrade some habitats. I did do a hard close & re opened the app-no such luck.

Melis2a84
02-26-15, 04:03 PM
No sale for me either thats really frustrated me too grrrrr

ArcadiaTofu
02-26-15, 04:20 PM
I would have spend a few hundred dollars if I had the sale but I'm really pissed at this deal being offered randomly or not... Why would they do this " random" non sense? Though I really doubt this is random...
With that said, thanks TL for treating your HEAVY players so good.. You sure know how to " keep" us around (NOT)
I managed to get the sale, so if I had not I'd probably be nerd-raging all across the forum... however, perhaps the rest of the players will get the same sale tomorrow, like they do for Castle Story? Whenever I get a sale in CS, it takes my mom two or so days later to get her own sale in the game.

So maybe they're going to be like CS from now on (I hope!) and give the first group of users the sale prices twice a week but at different times, and the same for the other group of players but alternated at different days of the week? I sincerely hope they do this, 'cause I'd buy more often if they had sales twice a week.

EviBrooklyn
02-26-15, 04:32 PM
I managed to get the sale, so if I had not I'd probably be nerd-raging all across the forum... however, perhaps the rest of the players will get the same sale tomorrow, like they do for Castle Story? Whenever I get a sale in CS, it takes my mom two or so days later to get her own sale in the game.

So maybe they're going to be like CS from now on (I hope!) and give the first group of users the sale prices twice a week but at different times, and the same for the other group of players but alternated at different days of the week? I sincerely hope they do this, 'cause I'd buy more often if they had sales twice a week.

I hope so

Hawksmoor
02-26-15, 04:40 PM
I don't have the sale. Did the force close thing, nada. I do buy gems and have been playing since August. I wonder if it may be a regional thing? I'm in Canada but I'm on EST so who knows :confused:

cquinn32
02-26-15, 04:58 PM
No sale for me either :-( I hate how they have these random sales. If this ends up being like the sales in DS, then Idk why but some accounts just seem to get them more frequently than others for no apparent reason. So if this ends up being the same thing here and I manage to get one of those accounts that never get them while others are talking about getting them every other day then haha that will be their loss and I'll just delete this game.

EviBrooklyn
02-26-15, 05:16 PM
No sale for me either :-( I hate how they have these random sales. If this ends up being like the sales in DS, then Idk why but some accounts just seem to get them more frequently than others for no apparent reason. So if this ends up being the same thing here and I manage to get one of those accounts that never get them while others are talking about getting them every other day then haha that will be their loss and I'll just delete this game.

I feel the same way. I never got a sale in DS. Not sure if it was bc I spent a lot on FFS and maybe they figure I don't " need" one. But if the same will happen in this game, where I won't get sales like others do, I'll probably spend the gems I have .... And move on

zenobia42
02-26-15, 05:18 PM
I don't have the sale. Did the force close thing, nada. I do buy gems and have been playing since August. I wonder if it may be a regional thing? I'm in Canada but I'm on EST so who knows :confused:

It's definitely not regional. Evi lives in the same city as me (NYC). I got the sale, she did not. :(

Vodelle
02-26-15, 05:32 PM
It's definitely not regional. Evi lives in the same city as me (NYC). I got the sale, she did not. :(

Oh hey, both of you live in NYC? Me too! (sorry for offtopic, but :p)

Hawksmoor
02-26-15, 05:46 PM

Hmm. Ok thanks zen. Maybe tomorrow like another poster said.

GreasedLightening
02-26-15, 09:54 PM
What packages did you get 30% on?

Got it on all except sack of 120. That is 20% sale.

For others that want info, I have been playing since start of game and at level 40. And I live in Missouri. And I have purchased gems many times.

ArcadiaTofu
02-27-15, 01:46 AM
Got it on all except sack of 120. That is 20% sale.

For others that want info, I have been playing since start of game and at level 40. And I live in Missouri. And I have purchased gems many times.
Howdy, neighbor! I didn't know you were from MO :D You're one state away from me (KS), so it's nice to know that other members on this forum are close by! :)

My gem sale also had the 120 gems at 20% as well. I guess they had all the stuff for sale at 30% off except for the lowest bundle... makes sense, I guess.

Kinda curious now that it's past update time if the sale has kicked in for everyone that didn't get it... or maybe if it hasn't it might show up @ 1:30pm CST. Hope TL is doing Castle Story-style sales from now on. Please, please, please let it happen!

deucedeuce22
02-27-15, 04:23 AM
Lvl 40 played since beginning, never bought gems:

I have the baby sale (20%, with highest package 1400 gems instead of 2900)

Useless to me, I don't even use the gems I have very often.

chippychan
02-27-15, 05:16 AM
I have one account on my iphone & another on my ipad. Something I've noticed is that my iphone account ALWAYS gets sales for gold (in Dragon Story) & I just got the sale on gems in FFS. For some reason my ipad game has NEVER gotten gold or gem sales for either game. Maybe it has to do with the device the game is played on? I don't know...

jim23cash
02-27-15, 05:30 AM
I got the sale after the midnight reset! Did not have it this morning when I posted. Woo Hoo! :D

soclassymom
02-27-15, 05:45 AM
No sale for me either thats really frustrated me too grrrrr

Me too, I never get sale in any of TL games

cquinn32
02-27-15, 06:39 AM
Ok so this morning I got a sale on my secondary account (only 20%) which I've never spent money on and never will but on my main account where I've spent plenty of money I got no sale. If that stormy habitat sale ends today and I still don't have a gem sale that will be the end of this game for me and not because I would have bought more habitats but because of how unfair they are to their players.

EviBrooklyn
02-27-15, 06:51 AM
So it seems round #2 of gem sales is going around.
I didn't get anything yet and I doubt I will anytime soon. But for now all I can do is hope to get it these coming days. If not, I doubt I'll ever spend anymore money in gem ( reg price) or continue with this game at all. I say this bc the only time I got a sale in DS was thanksgiving... Never again did I see another. I think my account probably belongs to the list of " Do Not Offer Gem Sales to this Customer" :mad:
Oh well, it is what it is

rjazz
02-27-15, 08:40 AM
On the left coast, Cali, no gem sale for me this morning. Boooooooooooo!

sanya87
02-27-15, 08:51 AM
no gem sale for me either :mad:

but of course on the other two accounts that no one really plays we got sales. so unfair, i am not spending money on team lava games ever again. and i am not far away from deleting this game either.

Bambamstad
02-27-15, 09:24 AM
I got the gem sale and not going to use it. Refuse to buy gems for some pixels in a game.

So if possible i would love to send it to the players wo did not get the sale offer.

GreasedLightening
02-27-15, 10:26 AM
Howdy, neighbor! I didn't know you were from MO :D You're one state away from me (KS), so it's nice to know that other members on this forum are close by.

Wow KS. That's great. I was beginning to think the only people who we're playing this game were either on the east or west coast or way across the big pond... Lol.

cquinn32
02-27-15, 02:10 PM
Still no gem sale for me!! And just as I suspected the sale price for the stormy habitat has ended. No tell me TL how is it fair to offer some people a discounted price on gems while the habitat is on sale but not others?

readysetgo888
02-27-15, 02:21 PM
It almost sounds like everyone is getting this sale EXCEPT those customers that normally spend the most money.

That is so unfair, I am speechless.

cquinn32
02-27-15, 02:34 PM
Just completely turned off by this game right now!! Even when trying to do something for the better good of the game they can't even get that right.

rjazz
02-27-15, 02:51 PM
Never got the sale.:(((

Hawksmoor
02-27-15, 03:08 PM
It almost sounds like everyone is getting this sale EXCEPT those customers that normally spend the most money.

That is so unfair, I am speechless.

Yes, isn't that a nice "thank you" to everyone who has bought gems at full price. *smh*
PS - I just logged in for the day, still no gem sale for me. I feel ripped off :-(

GC5410
02-27-15, 03:12 PM
I've got a gem sale (as pictured) for I think only the 2nd or 3rd time ever (and it's been at least 8 weeks since the last one) and I've been playing since December. I get gem sales (or whatever is equivalent to gems) in all my other TL games way more frequently. I'm level 40, buy gems every 1-2 weeks and I live in UK.

sweetypies97
02-27-15, 03:17 PM
I got the sale, won't be using it. TL won't get any more of my money until they improve their service.

Crr008
02-27-15, 04:22 PM
Gem sales should be across the board. I did not get one and unfortunately I probably would have bought some gems if I had. But knowing it is not given to everyone really stinks.

rjazz
02-27-15, 04:49 PM
Gem sales should be across the board. I did not get one and unfortunately I probably would have bought some gems if I had. But knowing it is not given to everyone really stinks.

I would have too.

Hawksmoor
02-27-15, 04:54 PM
Will this be addressed? Could a mod or someone from TL please explain the rationale behind offering a gem sale to only a select few players? I've only seen one gem sale in FFS since I started playing in August and that was during Black Friday. Is this another way to "balance" the game and if so, how? Why not offer to all? Wouldn't you potentially get more people buying gems if the sale was offered to more players? I'm just trying to understand why I didn't get the sale. As someone who's bought gems at full price, I'm feeling a little ripped off. Thank you.

EviBrooklyn
02-27-15, 06:53 PM
Will this be addressed? Could a mod or someone from TL please explain the rationale behind offering a gem sale to only a select few players? I've only seen one gem sale in FFS since I started playing in August and that was during Black Friday. Is this another way to "balance" the game and if so, how? Why not offer to all? Wouldn't you potentially get more people buying gems if the sale was offered to more players? I'm just trying to understand why I didn't get the sale. As someone who's bought gems at full price, I'm feeling a little ripped off. Thank you.

You know what's funny? Everytime you spend money in major department stores, you get points. The more you spend, the more you save. Even credit cards offer rewards nowadays for every dollar you spend. But with TL, the more you spend, the more you .... ( fill out the blanks yourselves) :)

Hawksmoor
02-27-15, 07:02 PM
You know what's funny? Everytime you spend money in major department stores, you get points. The more you spend, the more you save. Even credit cards offer rewards nowadays for every dollar you spend. But with TL, the more you spend, the more you .... ( fill out the blanks yourselves) :)

...hear is crickets ;-)

orleansparish
02-27-15, 07:24 PM
I wonder if this is an indication that this game has started struggling to make a profit. Or, they are experimenting with a sale to random players, and if they find it profitable enough, perhaps they will start regularly offering sales as they do in their other games.

There is NO WAY that every player should not have been offered the same sale, however. The only way it would be fair is if they chose to offer a sale to ONLY those players who tend to spend a lot of money. That I would understand (like a bonus sale for being good customers) but that is clearly not what's going on.

I dount there is a struggle. I play almost all of their story games. Well no, maybe six of them. But this is a recurring issue in all of them. The newer games get less sales because people buy gems with or without a sale. In farm story 2, you can see the hundreds of dollars folks Spent in game. We don't get sales at all. I've had one on an account I don't even play and never had one on the game I've spent tons on. People who have played bakery or fashion for years only get sales on Black Friday.

I doubt they will miss the players throwing hissy fits over a lack of sale. For every one they lose, three more will stumble upon the game. And one of them will be sure to buy gems without a sale at some point.

They defintely do on the other games I've seem. We are unhappy. But TL still cash huge checks. Complaining gets us nowhere.

Hawksmoor
02-27-15, 07:24 PM
Can you imagine going into a store with a friend and you both decide to get the exact same pair of jeans. The cashier rings your friend in first and says to them "You get 20% off". Then, the cashier rings you through and there's no discount. You say to the cashier "Don't I get 20% off as well? We're buying the exact same item". And the cashier says...nothing. You're met with stony-faced silence. Then the cashier says "Next!"
And that's acceptable??? On what planet???

zenobia42
02-27-15, 07:29 PM
Can you imagine going into a store with a friend and you both decide to get the exact same pair of jeans. The cashier rings your friend in first and says to them "You get 20% off". Then, the cashier rings you through and there's no discount. You say to the cashier "Don't I get 20% off as well? We're buying the exact same item". And the cashier says...nothing. You're met with stony-faced silence. Then the cashier says "Next!"

PERFECT analogy.

EviBrooklyn
02-27-15, 07:44 PM

Lol that's pretty much how I feel right now

matiasabad94
02-27-15, 11:37 PM

I might tattoo that on my forehead.

A2TUDE
02-28-15, 06:37 AM
Was there a gem sale??? What I've been on fs nearly all day didn't show for me grrrr

A2TUDE
02-28-15, 06:39 AM

This seems to be the quote of the week!

I think TL went out last night n woke with a big hang over making so many mistakes!!

Monkeh2369
02-28-15, 07:01 AM
I am in the UK and I have a gem sale today. Lasts for 24hrs.

Hawksmoor
02-28-15, 07:14 AM
This seems to be the quote of the week!

I think TL went out last night n woke with a big hang over making so many mistakes!!

Lol. It's just soooo frustrating! It's almost like any situation when you're trying to get an answer from someone in charge. You say, "Ummm excuse me, I have a really important question". And the response is "Move along people, there's nothing to see here." And you say "But it's really important". And they point and say "Look! A bird!" You turn to look, turn back, and they're gone.

Vodelle
02-28-15, 07:36 AM
I am in the UK and I have a gem sale today. Lasts for 24hrs.
You know, if people who haven't gotten a gem sale get one today, I'm really happy for them...

... but I'm really unhappy about this staggering / people not getting a gem sale at the same time. I would personally rather get one after an update (so I can decide if I want to buy gems to spend on something from that update, or whatever) than right before one.

I would love for FFS to have more sales, but I can't really support them if some people don't get them or people get them at completely different (and somewhat unfair, imo) times.

Like, sales aren't a hard thing... companies have been doing them forever. Why screw it up. :/

EviBrooklyn
02-28-15, 08:26 AM
I didn't get any today either

Crr008
02-28-15, 08:27 AM
Now I have a gem sale today where I didn't have one yesterday.

matiasabad94
02-28-15, 11:00 AM
Now I have a gem sale today where I didn't have one yesterday.

Me too.

Hawksmoor
02-28-15, 11:30 AM
Me too.

Glad you guys got one. Me? Nope. Maybe I've been blacklisted :-p

rjazz
02-28-15, 11:55 AM
Saturday,morning here-no gem sale.............................................. ...

A2TUDE
02-28-15, 01:16 PM
Sunday morning in Australia no gems...................

Melis2a84
02-28-15, 03:40 PM
Sunday morning in Australia no gems...................

I got one Friday night til Saturday night it was a 24hr sale, I thought you would of too :confused:

EviBrooklyn
02-28-15, 04:05 PM
Nothing for me yet !!! Still waiting

A2TUDE
02-28-15, 04:52 PM
I got one Friday night til Saturday night it was a 24hr sale, I thought you would of too :confused:

No hun unbelievable really and I would of def bought gems lol u know that o well feel like I'm not good enough for TL to grant me that plus I haven't heard from TL yet about return of my 250 gems I'm getting dishearten from FS...

jsburas
02-28-15, 04:53 PM
No gem sale for me either!

ArcadiaTofu
02-28-15, 06:56 PM
Like I've said previously in this thread: Perhaps they're doing the Castle Story route and are only giving out sales to different groups of people on different days. Like:

Group A - Thursday
Group B - Friday
Group C - Saturday
Group D - Sunday

... etc.

Since different 'groups' as far as I can tell are getting sales, I can only conclude that sooner or later (hopefully) those that haven't gotten a sale yet will get one in a day or two. I just hope this becomes routine for FFS (getting rotated gem sales weekly) as I would buy more gems if they were on sale at least once a week. If they only have done this as a one-off sort of event, I'll be really, really disappointed. Why have a gem sale only once every few months, if that, when you could get more money off weekly sales from users that will buy at a discounted price?

Hopefully my suspicions are correct and all the other 'groups' of players will eventually get the sale within the next few days. If not, well... TL will have to think about the possibility of a lot of whales jumping ship if they've been excluded. Making whales pay full-price while normal/free users get sales is a pretty d-ck move, imo, though I doubt TL would do it.

Either way, it would be nice if the mods would come into this thread and assuage any doubts from users that some are getting shafted from the sale. Actually, I'm pretty stunned that this thread has been largely ignored by the mods and they haven't come on here to placate users that they'll eventually get a sale if they have a little patience. Perhaps someone will need to summon Kooky or Elsa to at least calm worries down?

Melis2a84
02-28-15, 09:44 PM
No hun unbelievable really and I would of def bought gems lol u know that o well feel like I'm not good enough for TL to grant me that plus I haven't heard from TL yet about return of my 250 gems I'm getting dishearten from FS...

I know you def would have, maybe this week you'll get one and hang in there for a reply it's the weekend wait to Wednesday here and if not I would email again!

rjazz
03-01-15, 01:56 AM
12 am pacific time Sunday morn -- no gem sale here. Not happy��

sweetypies97
03-01-15, 03:30 AM
My son got it well after mine came and went. I think the group theory is probably right.

Hawksmoor
03-01-15, 06:30 AM
Either way, it would be nice if the mods would come into this thread and assuage any doubts from users that some are getting shafted from the sale. Actually, I'm pretty stunned that this thread has been largely ignored by the mods and they haven't come on here to placate users that they'll eventually get a sale if they have a little patience. Perhaps someone will need to summon Kooky or Elsa to at least calm worries down?

This thread's been completely ignored is more like it. I hope your theory is true hun but for me, it's Day 4 and counting, no gem sale. I'm not holding my breath.

Vodelle
03-01-15, 08:03 AM
I now have another 30% gem sale that's lasting 24h. As a reminder, I was one of the people who got the first gem sale on Thursday, I think it was.

I'm really not sure what they're doing here.

ArcadiaTofu
03-01-15, 09:25 AM
I now have another 30% gem sale that's lasting 24h. As a reminder, I was one of the people who got the first gem sale on Thursday, I think it was.

Neither do I, to be honest. I got the first gem sale as well but I don't have another sale like you have.

Very, very odd...

EviBrooklyn
03-01-15, 11:11 AM
Never got any...
Well, if I don't get one in the coming week or so chances are I'll spend what I have in the account and be done with this game. After having spent a lot of money in this game, I literally feel that I'm being treated like garbage from this company.
Oh well, it is what it is.. I guess they don't want my business any longer. Sad !!

rjazz
03-01-15, 11:51 AM
It's very disheartening to be treated this way.

sweetypies97
03-01-15, 12:30 PM

Me too!

Jackets23
03-01-15, 12:39 PM
I haven't had a gem sale on Fashion Story in awhile now.

kooky panda
03-01-15, 03:38 PM
This thread's been completely ignored is more like it. I hope your theory is true hun but for me, it's Day 4 and counting, no gem sale. I'm not holding my breath.

. Gem sales for Fantasy are like all the other games.

Gem sales go out randomly. You may receive them on one , some or none of your games. Some players may see them more often.
Hopefully if you have not gotten one, you will get one soon.
I have not seen one yet for game.

Hawksmoor
03-01-15, 04:32 PM
. Gem sales for Fantasy are like all the other games.

Gem sales go out randomly. You may receive them on one , some or none of your games. Some players may see them more often.
Hopefully if you have not gotten one, you will get one soon.
I have not seen one yet for game.

Thanks for taking the time kooky. Gem sales have never been explained in FFS, or anywhere in its forums as far as I know. If it has, I apologize, I must have missed it. People have been begging for one because I believe, before this sale, no one has ever received a gem sale in FFS except during the Black Friday sales. And if memory serves, EVERYONE was offered that sale. I guess I'll just have to file this away under "It is what it is".

readysetgo888
03-02-15, 07:57 AM
Frankly, claiming that the sales are random and acting like that's perfectly ok is offensive. It's really not ok to randomly charge people different amounts of money for the same thing.

There's no good excuse why ALL players can't be offered the same sales, as they were on Black Friday. Really, there is no good excuse whatsoever. We know the programming is perfectly capable of giving the same sale to EVERYONE. This is just another example of TL's awful treatment of its customers, and the lame justification only makes it worse, actually.

(No offense meant, kooky... I know you don't personally set the policies....)

EviBrooklyn
03-02-15, 08:02 AM
Frankly, claiming that the sales are random and acting like that's perfectly ok is offensive. It's really not ok to randomly charge people different amounts of money for the same thing.

There's no good excuse why ALL players can't be offered the same sales, as they were on Black Friday. Really, there is no good excuse whatsoever. We know the programming is perfectly capable of giving the same sale to EVERYONE. This is just another example of TL's awful treatment of its customers, and the lame justification only makes it worse, actually.

(No offense meant, kooky... I know you don't personally set the policies....)

Couldn't agree more !!

Vodelle
03-02-15, 08:04 AM
I agree - I've never seen a game in which there isn't just a set sale or deal that goes out to everyone. It would make sense in an analytic/marketing context if they were gathering data on different groups of players (with different price points), but not only would that not go over well in a context where people can find out what other people had, but that's not even what's happening. It seems to be the same sale, just at random times to random people with no rhyme or reason. (Or maybe there is. At least then I'd give them points for data-gathering.)

Why not give everyone the same sale (right before or during an event that would cause spending, such as the release of a new animal or habitat) and thus no one feels *****ed or left out? Crazy.

Also, I was one of the people to get the first random sale on thursday, then again yesterday, and then another one today. I hope that's not using up my random-sales luck because I still haven't bought any gems. Hopefully the people waiting to buy gems who may not have gotten a sale yet get one soon.

Hawksmoor
03-02-15, 08:30 AM
[QUOTE=readysetgo888;1065961]Frankly, claiming that the sales are random and acting like that's perfectly ok is offensive. It's really not ok to randomly charge people different amounts of money for the same thing. QUOTE]

I too agree, as in my earlier post. My head hurts from banging it against a brick wall. I won't be able to check my game until I get home from work tonight, but I'll update here if I got a sale today.

rjazz
03-02-15, 08:55 AM
Whoohoo! Got the gem sale today! I only have 16 hours. Guess it happened at midnight because I didn't have it at 11:30pm last night.

ArcadiaTofu
03-02-15, 09:07 AM
I might not be very qualified to explain the justification in the random gem sales that TL does, but a few possibilities *did* occur to me that makes some bit of sense.

I expect that early on the random gem sales in previous games (DS/Castle Story/etc.) was done exclusively for data-gathering. To find out which groups of users would spend the most, which users could be cajoled into spending something, and which prices were purchased the most, etc. I can very easily see them trying this 'random pattern' of gem sales early on when they first released games like DS and Castle Story. I've no doubt, that by this point, there is no more real 'data-gathering' they need to do---I'm sure they're well-aware of spending patterns and price incentives users respond most to. If anything, Black Friday and Cyber Monday would have been more than enough to tell them what they wanted to know. Granted, spending patterns *are* likely to change as new users enter the game and older ones leave it, so there is some variance and nuance to iron out, but overall, they could probably easily extrapolate from data gathered in CS and DS what prompts users to spend more/etc in a much more generalized fashion.

I don't play DS (god, but I hate the idea of a breeding game that is ONLY about dragons. Dragons, dragons, dragons... no, I don't want to play a game where all there is is dragons! >.<), but I have a feeling that for the amount of time it's been out, TL is well aware of what 'tempts' users to spend and what repels them. If I were to guess, I would be pretty positive that they had data on what the best 'spending months' are and which ones are the lowest. I can only guess, but I'd suspect the biggest spending months would be during winter as more users would be indoors because of cold weather, and thus more likely to play away and spend on gems than go to the movies in freezing weather/etc. and dole out more than $20 for tickets alone. People generally have more cash to burn during winter since summer is often times the season where people go on vacation, go visit water parks, go to the zoo, amusement parks, etc. etc. All of those activities cost $$ and a person's activity significantly decreases when faced with cold weather and seasonal schedule shifts (aka: Amusement parks close in winter, as do water parks, etc.). So, using that logic, it would be reasonable to assume that winter months would be the best time to advertise in an effort to get as much money from the user as possible while they're inside, relatively rich (by not spending on weekly outings), and more engaged in playing FFS.

However, even if that logic is proven untrue, there could be another explanation: Rarity.

When users are given random sales and other users are left out of the 'sale' for a while, the sale becomes something 'rare' or 'desirable' to the current have-nots. After all, Group A is getting gems first, while Groups B, C, D and E are in limbo waiting for their turn. They *know* all their forum friends have gotten the sale and have bought gems, so the anticipation/wait for the sale will more than likely prompt users to over-spend when their turn comes around when their excitement reaches critical mass. Like the 'limited' animals that are so often swamping the game, we view gem sales like a rarity/limited event in the game that, once you get it, you MUST buy as many gems as possible because who knows when the next sale will come around? That will more than likely prompt a user to over-spend from the *fear* of that being the only sale for gems a user will likely get for a good, long while. TL is, in effect, making gem sales so rare that when one comes up, a user's knee-jerk reaction would be to spend as much as possible on the gem packages than, say, spending only a fraction of that on sales that happen weekly or monthly. Users will *always* need gems to speed breed or buy animals once they're hooked on the game, but making gem sales rare ensures that when sales do come around, most of the average users will immediately buy as much as they can to stock up for the next few months before another sale is offered again (or they run out, whichever comes first). Perhaps FFS will offer sales weekly from now on (like CS), but it could be very possible that FFS will only offer sales every few months to generate this knee-jerk reaction to over-buying based on 'rarity' of the sale itself. Stores have long-known that customers will line up outside their doors in droves when they have sales for products they *never* put on sale unless given special circumstances (Playstation/Ipad/etc.) and they tend to make a ****ing that day not only because the product is desirable, but because it's discounted when it's never discounted (the 'rarity' factor in play, if you will).

Again, though... this is just supposition based off my years working retail in my teens, but it oddly makes the most sense. When you see 'SALE' in FFS and you hardly ever see those blaring words written atop your screen, you become excited and panicky to get those gems before the timer runs out (your excitement for something 'rare' also helps to make you purchase a much larger package of gems than you normally would, as well). Doubly so when you're waiting for your turn to come around and everyone else you know has already gotten x amount of gems from the 'sale'. It's just human nature to want the same things everyone else has, and competition is not something to be discounted (having the best animals/full album before most users/first one to breed New Animal A are just some small examples), even regarding something as mundane as gem sales :|

In a nutshell, whales will ALWAYS spend money on gems (full-priced AND sale-priced gem packages, so advertising to their demographic is pretty much pointless)---it's trying to entice average users to spend more than they usually do (or don't spend at all) that companies usually try to target out from the herd, and 'rare' gem sales that only come around every now and again is certainly a good way to do that, imo.

It also certainly doesn't hurt that these sales came out JUST before the V-day animals are about to go 'extinct'... ;3

rjazz
03-03-15, 09:03 AM
My gem sale ended at midnight last night. This morning I got a pop up & another sale. Same sale, weird!

GreasedLightening
03-03-15, 12:35 PM
I also got the same sale again today..

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 02:39 PM
Yep, I have yet another sale... I really hope everyone has gotten at least one so far. If I was one of the people who hadn't gotten a sale, I would never spend another dime on this game.

EviBrooklyn
03-03-15, 02:42 PM
Yep, I have yet another sale... I really hope everyone has gotten at least one so far. If I was one of the people who hadn't gotten a sale, I would never spend another dime on this game.

I have gotten NONE so far. Last time I saw a gem sale was thankgiving.
I hope TL moves me from the "Red" list they got me on bc it's upsetting

rjazz
03-03-15, 03:24 PM
Evi, I know you probably do but have you restarted the app? For the 1st sale I did not get any pop up. Then this morning I did. I restart the app every single time I open it now-it's a bit of a pain.

EviBrooklyn
03-03-15, 04:07 PM
Evi, I know you probably do but have you restarted the app? For the 1st sale I did not get any pop up. Then this morning I did. I restart the app every single time I open it now-it's a bit of a pain.

I always restart my apps as I like to close everything to save the battery
But I really think Tl has be in in a black list and I have no idea why

gameappid
03-03-15, 04:21 PM
I always restart my apps as I like to close everything to save the battery
But I really think Tl has be in in a black list and I have no idea why
I too must be on the black list..... Only sale Black Friday as well. Very aggravating. Makes me not want to spend another dime.....

EviBrooklyn
03-03-15, 04:39 PM
I too must be on the black list..... Only sale Black Friday as well. Very aggravating. Makes me not want to spend another dime.....

I will have hard time spending money on full priced gems.

Hawksmoor
03-03-15, 04:45 PM
Well well well. Will wonders never cease. Lookie what I just got...

EviBrooklyn
03-03-15, 05:51 PM
Well well well. Will wonders never cease. Lookie what I just got...

Congrats. I hope they'll give me a sale soon too
I seriously don't understand this random sales.. I truly don't get it

zenobia42
03-03-15, 06:00 PM
When users are given random sales and other users are left out of the 'sale' for a while, the sale becomes something 'rare' or 'desirable' to the current have-nots. After all, Group A is getting gems first, while Groups B, C, D and E are in limbo waiting for their turn. They *know* all their forum friends have gotten the sale and have bought gems, so the anticipation/wait for the sale will more than likely prompt users to over-spend when their turn comes around when their excitement reaches critical mass. Like the 'limited' animals that are so often swamping the game, we view gem sales like a rarity/limited event in the game that, once you get it, you MUST buy as many gems as possible because who knows when the next sale will come around? That will more than likely prompt a user to over-spend from the *fear* of that being the only sale for gems a user will likely get for a good, long while. TL is, in effect, making gem sales so rare that when one comes up, a user's knee-jerk reaction would be to spend as much as possible on the gem packages than, say, spending only a fraction of that on sales that happen weekly or monthly. Users will *always* need gems to speed breed or buy animals once they're hooked on the game, but making gem sales rare ensures that when sales do come around, most of the average users will immediately buy as much as they can to stock up for the next few months before another sale is offered again (or they run out, whichever comes first). Perhaps FFS will offer sales weekly from now on (like CS), but it could be very possible that FFS will only offer sales every few months to generate this knee-jerk reaction to over-buying based on 'rarity' of the sale itself. Stores have long-known that customers will line up outside their doors in droves when they have sales for products they *never* put on sale unless given special circumstances (Playstation/Ipad/etc.) and they tend to make a ****ing that day not only because the product is desirable, but because it's discounted when it's never discounted (the 'rarity' factor in play, if you will).

THIS.

If you present a lab rat with a switch that always gives it food, it will only trigger it when it is hungry. If the switch never gives it food, it will stop trying after a while. But if the switch sometimes results in food and sometimes not, randomly, the lab rat will go nuts pressing the switch.

A human example: a celebrity with a twitter account. Every once it a while, at random, or seemingly at random, he replies @ one of his many fans' many tweets. All the fans go nuts tweeting him constantly hoping they will be the next one blessed with a reply. Because even though statistically it is extremely unlikely that they will, they KNOW that he DOES actually reply to some people and therefore it is POSSIBLE they will get one, if they just are clever enough in their tweets. This clever tactic generates a LOT more action on twitter for the celebrity.

So, yeah. Sales. Now that I think about it they probably ARE totally random who gets them each time. Not based on the likelihood of the person getting or not getting the sale gems. But because we are lab rats. When the switch actually makes food appear, we go nuts flipping that switch, buying gems.

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 06:20 PM
THIS.

If you present a lab rat with a switch that always gives it food, it will only trigger it when it is hungry. If the switch never gives it food, it will stop trying after a while. But if the switch sometimes results in food and sometimes not, randomly, the lab rat will go nuts pressing the switch.

A human example: a celebrity with a twitter account. Every once it a while, at random, or seemingly at random, he replies @ one of his many fans' many tweets. All the fans go nuts tweeting him constantly hoping they will be the next one blessed with a reply. Because even though statistically it is extremely unlikely that they will, they KNOW that he DOES actually reply to some people and therefore it is POSSIBLE they will get one, if they just are clever enough in their tweets. This clever tactic generates a LOT more action on twitter for the celebrity.

So, yeah. Sales. Now that I think about it they probably ARE totally random who gets them each time. Not based on the likelihood of the person getting or not getting the sale gems. But because we are lab rats. When the switch actually makes food appear, we go nuts flipping that switch, buying gems.

Psychology! Lol. I love psychology.

The sales could still be at random / rare times, without them needing to be given to only some users. There I go again, pointing out how TL could play fair and yet still use psychology to make money... instead of being unfair and deceptive to make money.

zenobia42
03-03-15, 08:35 PM
Psychology! Lol. I love psychology.

The sales could still be at random / rare times, without them needing to be given to only some users. There I go again, pointing out how TL could play fair and yet still use psychology to make money... instead of being unfair and deceptive to make money.

And this is why I love you so. ;)

sweetypies97
03-04-15, 03:21 AM
How very interesting. My son has a 30% off gems sale. I have a 20% off gems sale. Why the difference?

His offer:

sweetypies97
03-04-15, 03:24 AM
My offer.

chippychan
03-04-15, 06:03 AM
My second account on my ipad has never gotten a gem sale in FFS and also never gotten a gold sale in DS (Dragon Story).

My iphone account, however, gets them regularly... sometimes one after another!

I am convinced my ipad account will NEVER get a sale (feel free to prove me wrong TL). I refuse to buy gems or gold at full price so I guess TL will just not get my money. :shrug:

cquinn32
03-04-15, 09:36 AM
Hey everyone!! Been out of town a few days with very limited internet access. Still yet to see a sale in my game but my spouse also plays this game and there game had a sale for 4 straight days just ending yesterday lol go figure. There will no longer be any gems bought in either of our games sale or no sale!!

Jackets23
03-04-15, 01:24 PM
I was getting sales a couple times a week on Fashion Story.I haven't had a sale in awhile now.I'm not sure what has changed.

Hawksmoor
03-04-15, 04:14 PM
Congrats. I hope they'll give me a sale soon too
I seriously don't understand this random sales.. I truly don't get it

I hope you get one soon too. I agree, it makes no sense. There must be a method to their madness. If not, it's just madness! :-p

A2TUDE
03-05-15, 03:59 AM
Ok I was one of the ones with no sales .... But .... Now 3rd day running I've had a sale lol

orleansparish
03-05-15, 05:17 AM
I had a sale two days in a row. Not interested in buying any though. I'm being very good as of late. But if rs2 has one I'll bite.

readysetgo888
03-06-15, 05:55 AM
What is up with this? I had separate sales three days in a row, one day off, and now this morning, another 30% off sale. Ummm.... ok? How about a 30% off sale every month or so, rather then a whole bunch of sales at once and never again? I really hope this is a sign that we will be having frequent sales in FFS from now on. I also really hope they start listening to our feedback on all of the other aspects of the game that need improvement, and not just the fact that we wanted gem sales. There are still things I need to see happen in the game (and with customer service) before I'll be willing to spend money on these sales.

EviBrooklyn
03-06-15, 08:34 AM
One week since the gems sale started.
I have seen none so far.
I hope someone from TL will read this post and be kind enough to remove me from the black list im on
After all, I think I have been a very loyal paying customer to this game, so I think I deserve this courtesy

rjazz
03-06-15, 10:20 AM
One week since the gems sale started.
I have seen none so far.
I hope someone from TL will read this post and be kind enough to remove me from the black list im on
After all, I think I have been a very loyal paying customer to this game, so I think I deserve this courtesy

I think you do too!

EviBrooklyn
03-06-15, 10:33 AM
I think you do too!

Thanks

Jackets23
03-06-15, 12:04 PM
Thanks

Still no sales for me.:(

Jackets23
03-06-15, 12:10 PM
Still no sales for me!

EviBrooklyn
03-13-15, 07:58 PM
3/13/15 - still no gem sales for me.

rjazz
03-13-15, 11:02 PM
Hate to say it, but I had 3 sales this week.

Xylenia
03-14-15, 04:46 AM
I've had 3 sales on my phone (the third one this morning) but none on my iPad - where I actually wanted to buy more gems. It's very annoying.

rjazz
03-14-15, 11:39 AM
Hate to say it, but I had 3 sales this week.
Today makes 4 this week.

EviBrooklyn
03-17-15, 04:42 AM
3/17/15 still no sale for me
I stopped speed breeding as a result

zenobia42
03-29-15, 09:56 AM
Evi, have they STILL locked you out from gem sales? I tell you, them doing that to you makes me want to quit this game more than any other way they have screwed with all of us. It's not right that they are screwing you like this. There are so many gem sales now that there is like 0.01% chance any one player would have been locked out of EVERY one of them by chance. If you are still locked out, I just can't believe it's really random and not singling out big spenders to not get any sales. It's just not right. Not right at ALL. Sales have been happening for over a MONTH now.

flowless
03-29-15, 11:25 AM
I didnt recieve any sales too
Not that i would buy any
I never did in this game and never will

But makes me wonder
Why i didnt recive any too

Is it cuz i was a big spender in others TL games before i quit
Is my account labeled big spender no sales for her too
I suspected that when i was playing before hence i quit all the games
And promised not to spend any at all

zenobia42
03-29-15, 11:37 AM
I didnt recieve any sales too
Not that i would buy any
I never did in this game and never will

But makes me wonder
Why i didnt recive any too

Is it cuz i was a big spender in others TL games before i quit
Is my account labeled big spender no sales for her too
I suspected that when i was playing before hence i quit all the games
And promised not to spend any at all

It would not surprise me if a code line marked 0 or 1 for big spenders was across all their games. At least you didn't want the sale, though even if you don't, it doesn't feel good to be singled out. :(

EviBrooklyn
04-08-15, 03:23 PM
So no sales for me yet. I contacted the support team but obviously they can't do much about it. They did however forward this issue to the development team. No news from them so far either.
With that said , I'm down to 300 gems and do not plan to buy as it doesn't feel right paying full price when everyone else is getting a sale. Once I spend the 300 gems, chances are I'll be done with this game or play randomly without caring much about losing on limited animals or whatever.
If I completely stop playing, I would like to thank everyone that was nice enough to send me gifts daily and a big shout to all the friends I made in this forum.

Good luck everyone,
Brooklyn

zenobia42
04-08-15, 03:45 PM
So no sales for me yet. I contacted the support team but obviously they can't do much about it. They did however forward this issue to the development team. No news from them so far either.
With that said , I'm down to 300 gems and do not plan to buy as it doesn't feel right paying full price when everyone else is getting a sale. Once I spend the 300 gems, chances are I'll be done with this game or play randomly without caring much about losing on limited animals or whatever.
If I completely stop playing, I would like to thank everyone that was nice enough to send me gifts daily and a big shout to all the friends I made in this forum.

Good luck everyone,
Brooklyn

I am seriously on the verge of tears, Brooklyn. It's just not right what they've been doing to you. You've already pulled back from your time here and I miss you. I hope you get that gem sale before it's too late. Though I say that out of pure selfishness from not wanting you to go.

EviBrooklyn
04-08-15, 05:32 PM
I am seriously on the verge of tears, Brooklyn. It's just not right what they've been doing to you. You've already pulled back from your time here and I miss you. I hope you get that gem sale before it's too late. Though I say that out of pure selfishness from not wanting you to go.

Thanks Zen... This forum was a lot of fun ( with all the goods & bads) :)
But smth really changed after the system did singled me out big time... Not sure if it had smth to do with the amount of money I spent on the game, but it doesn't really matter.. I guess damage is done ...
I'll stop by the forum if I'm still playing... I haven't been logged on more than 2-3 times a day. I'm playing the tourney though although I don't care if I win or not :)
Lots of love to you and my other pals ( you know who you all are)

PamelaAnn12
04-08-15, 08:21 PM
How do I do that?

ninasidstorm8
04-08-15, 08:32 PM

Good luck everyone,
Brooklyn
I hope you decide to keep playing even on a casual basis, your posts are always enjoyable and I would miss visiting your beautiful forest.

rjazz
04-08-15, 10:15 PM
Evi, we miss you! I hope you will come back.��

Melis2a84
04-09-15, 12:29 AM
Thanks Zen... This forum was a lot of fun ( with all the goods & bads) :)
But smth really changed after the system did singled me out big time... Not sure if it had smth to do with the amount of money I spent on the game, but it doesn't really matter.. I guess damage is done ...
I'll stop by the forum if I'm still playing... I haven't been logged on more than 2-3 times a day. I'm playing the tourney though although I don't care if I win or not :)
Lots of love to you and my other pals ( you know who you all are)

Miss u Brooklyn not seeing you on the forums or coming to visit makes me sad :( :(

EviBrooklyn
04-09-15, 06:00 AM
I hope you decide to keep playing even on a casual basis, your posts are always enjoyable and I would miss visiting your beautiful forest.

Evi, we miss you! I hope you will come back.��

Miss u Brooklyn not seeing you on the forums or coming to visit makes me sad :( :(

You guys are so sweet... Thank you !!
Mel you're right, it has been a while since last time I stopped by your forest :)

cquinn32
04-09-15, 07:52 AM
Wow Brooklyn can't believe you've yet to get a sale!! I get them about once a week but so tired of this game (only log on twice a day) I refuse to spend anymore money anyhow. But to deny a player like you a sale is just wrong!! This game just isn't worth the frustration anymore.

On a side note I have two different accounts and one of them gets a 20% sale while the other account gets a 30% sale!!
Equality among players is something they need work on.

zenobia42
04-14-15, 11:39 AM
I got another gem sale today. I them once or twice a week now. Every time I get it, it makes me sad/mad, thinking about how they are screwing Brooklyn. So I don't buy any.

EviBrooklyn
04-14-15, 11:42 AM
I got another gem sale today. I them once or twice a week now. Every time I get it, it makes me sad/mad, thinking about how they are screwing Brooklyn. So I don't buy any.

That's so darn sweet
I refuse to buy any gems at full price and I doubt I'll buy any if they do give me a sale now :)

Xylenia
04-14-15, 03:19 PM
I'm still getting sales consistently on one of my accounts and never on the other one. I even switched them between the two devices a few weeks ago and still no sale on the one. It's frustrating because because I played both games the same way and for the same amount of time. I can't tell what would be triggering the accounts to be treated so differently. I really believe it's a bug.

EviBrooklyn
04-17-15, 12:05 PM
Wow I finally got a gold sale on dragon story, but nothing yet on FFS
The last sale I had on DS was last thanksgiving
Crossing my fingers that I'll get one on FFS soon as I am left with about 30 gems :(

chippychan
04-17-15, 12:24 PM
Wow I finally got a gold sale on dragon story, but nothing yet on FFS
The last sale I had on DS was last thanksgiving
Crossing my fingers that I'll get one on FFS soon as I am left with about 30 gems :(

The exact same thing happened with my second account; It *never* gets gold or gem sales, but today it got a gold sale in DS for the first time ever. I guess it's a special 'everyone' gold-sale and not just select accounts.

I was hoping FFS would get a discount too, but no.

EviBrooklyn
04-17-15, 12:48 PM
The exact same thing happened with my second account; It *never* gets gold or gem sales, but today it got a gold sale in DS for the first time ever. I guess it's a special 'everyone' gold-sale and not just select accounts.

I was hoping FFS would get a discount too, but no.

Well I hope TL will offer it soon to us here in FFS

EviBrooklyn
05-12-15, 08:03 AM
3 months later and I still don't have a sale
Will team lava ever address this issue?
Would the moderators send a report to support team or the development team to bring this issue to their attention?
I would've thought that I deserve that much attention after all these months in the game and after all the $$$ spent...

rjazz
05-12-15, 09:45 AM
Unbelievable...........