PDA

View Full Version : Castle Story: 2/26/15 The Pink Alicorn is back!

Pages : [1] 2

PikaSquirrel
02-26-15, 12:54 PM
Hi everyone,

This week's update is a re-release of the Pink Alicorn Goals! If you missed your chance to participate in these and get the Pink Alicorn last year, this is your chance to get one!

http://i.imgur.com/2TWdEZT.png

You must be level 16+ and have Old Thomas and Ivy walking around in your Kingdom to access these Goals. You will not see these Goals if you have already participated last year.

The update will go live today at 12 PM PST and will expire on March 9th at 12 PM PST. Only the very first Goal "Rumors Start Somewhere" will expire on that day. A few of the other Goals in this set of Goals may have time limits, but the timer will not start for those until you reach them. For the ones that do not have time limits, you can take your time to complete them.

PikaSquirrel
02-26-15, 12:54 PM
THE PINK LOVECUPINE
The Wedding Alicorn and Pink Alicorn may trigger a new goal which asks you to beat up a pink Lovecupine. You get this goal as the wedding alicorn is considered a pink animal.
Note:
1. you do NOT need to make a second sword.... you already have one in your inventory.
2. the 5 lovecupines will be activated upon collection of a pink animal. It's random and rare to spawn one and this goal may take a couple of months.
3. collect as often as you can from your pink animal.
4. do not contact Support, they cannot help you as it is not a bug.
Current Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78242-Beat-up-the-lovecupine-New-valentine-goal)

2014 Pink Alicorn thread link (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?65081)

This thread MUST stay on topic. It is very difficult to help those players with genuine questions when there are off topic comments and posts going on.
Please note that Kooky and I will remove ALL posts made off topic out of this thread. This is in line with the forum rules and policies outlined in The Hub.
I've caught up and read all of the posts made here, and there still seems to be ongoing questions about Timing. I'll add some clarity to post 2. For those who want to continue to help those players who get to participate in this goal and if there are more questions about this, please just keep refer to the player's question back to post 2. There is no need to say it's been asked and answered. Simply refer back to post 2 for the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation.
SW.

The Pink Alicorn will not be available to purchase in the Market.

Information about Timing:
1. The overall goal is not timed.
2. You have a deadline to start the goal (by 9 March 12pm PST if you are level 16+ and have Old Thomas and Ivy walking around your kingdom.)
3. The goal alternates between timed steps that are optional, and steps that you can complete at your own pace.
4. All timed steps are optional. Let them expire and then you can continue to get those resources at your own pace and take as long as you like.

Note: you can take as long as you want to complete this goal; take a whole year if you like! It all doesn't have to be done immediately. Please ask if you have any questions about timed steps. SW.

The Prism! (updated 8 Mar)
I've been looking through the original thread and thought I might pre-empt some of your questions:
1. Prisms will drop from a Sparkling or Deep mine regardless of what level the mine is.
2. You may get it first time you collect or you may not still have it after a week. About 2 weeks was the most that players had to wait. Post script: 30 April.... First time prism drop reports are still coming in, so prisms are still dropping if you are still waiting.... (Yes a bit longer than 2 weeks! ;))
3. Double check your inventory as you may not see it drop.
4. You do not have to buy a dark cave formation. If you have one in your inventory, by all means chop it, but it's not a guaranteed drop.

2014 GOALS:

1. Rumors Start Somewhere
Visit Old Thomas's House
Reward: 240 coins and 2 XP

2. Auction War for the Pink Sapphire
NOTE: This is a TIMED GOAL. The timer does not start until after you complete the first goal. Do not complete the first goal if you do not want the timer to start.
24 hour time limit
40 Auctioneer's Ingots
* craft Ingots in Forge (5000 coins, 30 min craft time)
Reward: Large Pink Sapphire
**If you do not complete this goal in time, it is okay. You can get what you need for the next goal by other means (mines, etc.). It will just take you longer to gather the sapphires.

3. Faux Real?
Craft Pink Horn in Workshop (50 pink sapphire crystals, 50 bones, 1 lathe, 1 day craft time)
* Large Pink Sapphire (from Goal 2) is ground down in the workshop (2 hours grind time) to get many Pink Sapphire Crystals. You collect the rest by mining (collect from mines and smashing the various rock piles).
* craft lathe in workshop (5 wood beams, 3 simple glue, 20 iron ore, 4 hour craft time)
Reward: 1100 coins, 4 XP, Pink Horn

4. Bartering for Feathers
NOTE: Another timed goal. Timer starts when you complete Goal 3.
24 hour time limit
10 Stout Axes
* craft axes in forge (10 iron ore, 1 wood beam, 2 hour craft time)
* reward is pink feathers - received a report of 30 pink feathers

5. What Color Was Lady Finverra's Lips
Craft a Pink Wing in workshop (50 feathers, 10 super glue, 1 sliver frame, 1 day craft time)
* craft feathers in workshop (1 red dye, 20 white petals, 30 min craft time) -- each craft gives multiple feathers! You do not have to do this 50 times.
* craft silver frame in forge (90 silver, 60 iron ore, 30 coal, 8 hours)

6. Mercurial Apothecaries
NOTE: Timed goal. Timer starts when you complete Goal 5.
24 hour time limit
150 mushrooms
100 sap
50 purple petals
50 bones
Reward: 10 Enchanter's Essences

7. Follow the Rainbow to Find...
Craft a Rainbow Kit in workshop (20 Enchanter's Essence, 99 water, 1 Prism, 1 day craft time)

* The Prism is a rare drop from the Sparking and Deep Mines (any level).
You can also get one if you have/purchase a dark cave formation, but this isn't necessary.
Reward: 1100 coins, 4 XP

8. Moment of Truth
Present the Pink Horn
Present the Pink Wing
Create the Rainbow
Reward: PINK ALICORN!

9. Wimpy Pinky
Pet the Baby Pink Alicorn - [ Note: it takes 7 collections for the baby to grow up]
Reward: 1100 coins, 4 XP

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/1Rumors400x266-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/2Auction-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/3Faux-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/4Barter-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/5What-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/6Mercurial-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/7FollowtheRainbow-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/8MomentofTruth-Copy.jpg
http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/8bMomentofTruth-Copy.jpg

http://i1055.photobucket.com/albums/s517/snowflake1919/CS%20Pink%20Unicorn%20Feb%202014/9WimpyPinky-Copy.jpg

PurpleScorpion76
02-26-15, 01:00 PM
OMG! I never thought this would return, I missed out last year as I found the game in May! And I qualify! Woop woop!

HistoryGirl7
02-26-15, 01:02 PM
Omg. Really? I usually don't complain but geeze. Thanks for nothing.

CharmOfLea
02-26-15, 01:03 PM
That's a nice gesture. Appreciated. Since I don't have this one.

Edit: I'm 92% sure missing Wali caused this. It's like a *****ing bf who brings u a gift with an awkward timing.

PurpleScorpion76
Step 1.

Step 2.

I've just realised is this exactly the same as last time and do we have these steps already?

mamareader02
So nothing this week for those who have them?

8hat
02-26-15, 01:04 PM
Awe...I already have my Pink Ali. No update for me but congrats and enjoy to those that can now do this! :)

wheatsy
02-26-15, 01:05 PM
Bummer!!! Already have this one.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-26-15, 01:05 PM
......You will not see these Goals if you have already participated last year....

Pfft. Hmphf. :/

No pink alicorn in the market for purchase-option either??

sunnygirl634
02-26-15, 01:06 PM
Pfft. Hmphf. :/

No pink alicorn in the market for purchase option either??

I'm sure it would mess with the game's "economy."

kurgan
02-26-15, 01:06 PM
Happy for players who didn't get it last year; otherwise, VALENTINE'S DAY WAS TWO WEEKS AGO! Is there something the developers couldn't release in time for Christmas that we'll see next week? Will there be a Mardi Gras theme for St. Patrick's Day? Themed items and story lines belong in their logical season or saved for next year. I am Disappointed.

figththefire
02-26-15, 01:09 PM
I waited whole year to buy the second pinky :((

princessmm2
02-26-15, 01:09 PM
I have to say that I am a little disappointed as well. Very happy for the players who get the option to have the pink alicorn now but this is two weeks in a row that there is no update for me. I am bored!

enaid03
02-26-15, 01:13 PM
Another disappointing Thursday after the stolen alicorn debacle. Instead of offering yet another pink alicorn, it would have been nice to have seen a true olive branch and the re release of the love shack instead.

An another week an "update" really isn't an update. Perhaps it could said "we are releasing old content this week" or "spend money week" instead of update. Or "today's update is available only to those players level 60 or higher who live in a country ending in the letter "y" and have blue eyes".

Update says something new to the game.

ashliejb
02-26-15, 01:15 PM
That is a great thought for those that don't have one but for those of us that do...there's bothing this week?? There's a bunch of items a lot of us don't have from vday 2013 like the love shack. Why not make an update with options so those who missed something can have something. This is the second week in a row there's no update for me. I actually got excited again. I probably won't even check next week.

reliquary
02-26-15, 01:15 PM
Wait....the gold ingot 2nd step...is get 40 in 24 hours?!?
In the forge I swear it said 5 minutes till ready....when I clicked the timer it said 30 minutes....huh?

Myrta5
02-26-15, 01:16 PM

You are not alone usually we all enjoy to play this game but not a good update for two weeks is a long time waiting for a new and fun goal almost everyone got the pink Alicorn happy for the people that don't have it but disappointed for we players that don't have much to do in the game only have sister,sister goal to finish Can you pls do a new update for all the people that are playing this game ? I'm sorry for the complain but we really need something fun and new to do in ours kingdom right now 😢

MoonVillage3
02-26-15, 01:17 PM
Nice idea offering pink ali to those who missed it last year.. but offering love shack to those who didn't have would have been a great idea too.

raaver
02-26-15, 01:17 PM
24 hrs for 40 " gold bars" looking items...
I have work tomorrow, no wifi. Count 9 hours off for that, finallly sleep, since baby is at granny, i'm sure i wont make that!!!
Into the next goal then...

Rob

katbtodd
02-26-15, 01:18 PM
I'm sure it would mess with the game's "economy."

Last year they let us have them with gems in market,,, but it was limited time ,,but could get as many as we wanted.

ashliejb
In the forge I swear it said 5 minutes till ready....when I clicked the timer it said 30 minutes....huh?

I thkught it was 5 min if I remember right. But nkthjng showed up for me this week so I can't help that much.

anissada
I waited whole year to buy the second pinky :((

yeah, glad i'm no longer so focused onthe updates anymore..
this one is also for a select group... is this good for the games economy! don't think so...
after that 'thing' with the walicorn, it would have been nice if everyone who already has pinky could get the second wali...
but then again.. who am i? just another screamer in the desert...

SpiritWind00
02-26-15, 01:19 PM
I won't get this goal either in my game, so I can't help with goals. If you are doing this goal, can you please record your posts like this:

Step x - name
1. [what to do] skip x gems

I'll put them into post 2 later. I can't be online today, I have urgent business to attend to. So if I can get some help today that would be awesome. Thanks! SW.

katbtodd
02-26-15, 01:20 PM
Can't you look back in the hub or is it different ..

id_josie123
wooo hoooo....love a second chance to get the pink alicorn! I'm not disappointed AT.ALL. Thanks!!

ShibuyaCloth
Sad I could have used my huge stash of pink stones left over from the last pinky.

HistoryGirl7
02-26-15, 01:21 PM
You are not alone usually we all enjoy to play this game but not a good update for two weeks is a long time waiting for a new and fun goal almost everyone got the pink Alicorn happy for the people that don't have it but disappointed for we players that don't have much to do in the game only have sister,sister goal to finish Can you pls do a new update for all the people that are playing this game ? I'm sorry for the complain but we really need something fun and new to do in ours kingdom right now 😢

I'm embarrassed to admit how much I used to love this game - and how much money I've spent. Why would TL alienate their long-time players?! At least offer stuff for gems that we want! ::::sulks in corner::: I don't even look forward to Thursday's anymore.m

PurpleScorpion76
02-26-15, 01:21 PM
I won't get this goal either in my game, so I can't help with goals. If you are doing this goal, can you please record your posts like this:

Step x - name
1. [what to do] skip x gems

I'll put them into post 2 later. I can't be online today, I have urgent business to attend to. So if I can get some help today that would be awesome. Thanks! SW.

I'll post pics but I generally don't skip with gems unless i've run out of time so I won't post another til some time tomorrow.

bandgirljaws
02-26-15, 01:23 PM
Not a chance I can finish that... I have a mithril in one forge that still has about 24 hours... :( This stinks.. If I can't do the bid for the pink sapphire, is that it? No Ali?

aruebea
02-26-15, 01:23 PM

If its 30 Min then you can get 48 in 24 hours, so long as you don't sleep, if you have a 2nd magic forge that's 96 in 24 hours, so you can get some sleep.

reliquary
02-26-15, 01:24 PM
wAIT,WAIT,WaIt......
We need 40 in 24 hours,
The timer on the forge says 30 minutes

That would mean.....1200 minutes if you tapped/collected EVERY 30 minutes......
That equals......20 hours!

SpiritWind00
02-26-15, 01:25 PM
If it's exactly the same as last time, I've put everything in post 2... :)

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-26-15, 01:25 PM
The entire pink alicorn quest from last year is here:

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?41844-Castle-story-Goals&p=844316&viewfull=1#post844316

Ps. To those who get another chance at this quest - have fun!
....and sucks to be the rest of us.

belbar22
02-26-15, 01:27 PM
Yay. I don't have it in my 2nd account.

belbar22
02-26-15, 01:28 PM
wAIT,WAIT,WaIt......
We need 40 in 24 hours,
The timer on the forge says 30 minutes

That would mean.....1200 minutes if you tapped/collected EVERY 30 minutes......
That equals......20 hours!

Assuming you have 2 forges it's 10 hours.

MoonVillage3
02-26-15, 01:29 PM
nice idea to offer pink alicorn to those who didnt get it but would have been a good idea too to offer love shak to those who didnt have it either.

myndisue
02-26-15, 01:30 PM
Yep, I opened my 3rd kingdom and was as excited today as I was yesterday! (It snowed 9 inches at my house in Alabama!) Then after going to kingdom number 2... What a let down! I'm now only 1/3 happy.

anissada
02-26-15, 01:30 PM
Yay. I don't have it in my 2nd account.

me neither, but that game stays at level 21 since i cleaned out after my wali was taken..
so don't want a pinky there either, game closed ;)

ashliejb
02-26-15, 01:33 PM
yeah, glad i'm no longer so focused onthe updates anymore..
this one is also for a select group... is this good for the games economy! don't think so...
after that 'thing' with the walicorn, it would have been nice if everyone who already has pinky could get the second wali...
but then again.. who am i? just another screamer in the desert...

Even putting wali aside and saying ok it was a mistake, one that they clearly don't care they made with no apology or effort to rectify hurt feelings.. There was no real update for a major holiday. There were no real decorations for a major holiday. There was no update last week. There's no update this week. That's awful costumer appreciation. It's like they're either out of ideas or don't care. What upsets me the most about wali is not that it happened but their reaction to it happening. They may not have intended to upset people but their intent doesn't matter. At the end of the day TL is a business and we are the PAYING customer. Many of us effected by wali were high level players meaning we've put a lot of time and money into TL and we've been loyal customer. To see a business treat long time loyal paying customers with such disregard is hurtful and very telling of their business practice. To upset so many loyal paying people and not even try two weeks in a row to overturn that action but even more act so flip and unaffected by the ordeal tells me they don't care about the people playing their game.
That's what upsets me. I've paid real money on this game. I've been with it for a while and I've spent a lot of time investing in the success of TL. And in turn the most they could possibly do to smooth over upsetting customers is to offer decorations for money one week and an update maybe half of their customers can play. I'm thrilled for those that got this update. But I'm annoyed by the laziness of TL. This is like saying oh I upset you? Let me say sorry by re-gifting this thing I know you already have and can't use and your bday was two weeks ago. Here ya go.
Charming team lava.

Liloze
02-26-15, 01:34 PM
Awe...I already have my Pink Ali. No update for me but congrats and enjoy to those that can now do this! :)

Same here have my pink Ali, So Good luck to all who qualify :)

Seriously700
02-26-15, 01:35 PM
If I recall correctly from last year, if you only partially complete the timed goal for the gold ingots, you don't get the reward. So be careful about using/wasting your resources. You CAN get pink sapphires from other sources, so don't panic. I didn't do the goal last year, and once it expired I was offered the chance to get the reward for gems. It wasn't that unreasonable a price so I went for it. My kids didn't on their accounts and did fine collecting the sapphires the slow way

SpiritWind00
02-26-15, 01:41 PM
Please keep this thread to discussing the goals of the pink alicorn only. The Big News thread is still open for any discussion about the wedding alicorn.

arikasi
02-26-15, 01:42 PM
Pink sapphires. I seem to remember I chopped a lot of rocks or visited mines last year, I know I didn't complete part 2 and I was able to complete the quest line.

SpiritWind00
02-26-15, 01:43 PM
I'll post pics but I generally don't skip with gems unless i've run out of time so I won't post another til some time tomorrow.

Thanks Purple, but if the steps are the same, there's no need as all pictures are in the Main Goal Guide in Dabag's thread. If the steps are the same, there's no need to post pictures.

jsburas
02-26-15, 01:46 PM
Well in my opinion if they can offer the Pink Unicorn for those who missed out then why can't they offer the Love Shack for those who missed it? Makes no sense to me. Fair is fair.

PurpleScorpion76
02-26-15, 01:51 PM
Thanks Purple, but if the steps are the same, there's no need as all pictures are in the Main Goal Guide in Dabag's thread. If the steps are the same, there's no need to post pictures.

It looks exactly the same so far, I'll keep checking with each step and if it's different I'll post a pic.

Can we create a moan thread, I enjoy a good moan every now and again, but I'm reading all posts incase the info is relevant but some of these posts are bumming me out.

orleansparish
02-26-15, 01:53 PM

But if it was the rerelease of the alicorn crafting building no one would complain. They Cant win for losing. Some people actually want to do this. Let's be happy for their chance. Heck, I didn't even finsih this onnmy second account and could actually try to finish. They do these things on their games. It's great. No need to be negative.

reliquary
02-26-15, 01:54 PM
Um...before I go crazy putting out 20 mushroom circles.....can we verify that the goals are the same as last year

Rokaxinkh
02-26-15, 01:56 PM
as a new comer.......very greatful thanks to TL for giving us a chance to get the pink alicon

PraxisOfGood
02-26-15, 01:58 PM
Just to clarify, if we try to succeed in the second quest and fail, the auctioneers ingots we do craft will have no other value?

perry5
02-26-15, 01:58 PM
Well...so much for getting excited for update Thursday...and since this runs thru 3/9, I guess nothing to look forward to next week? As others have said, for those who don't have Pinky- I am happy for you. For the rest of us...as a dear neighbor would say...TL gave us a big peace sign...slowly lower index finger. lol :)

CharmOfLea
02-26-15, 02:00 PM
Well in my opinion if they can offer the Pink Unicorn for those who missed out then why can't they offer the Love Shack for those who missed it? Makes no sense to me. Fair is fair.

My same thoughts.

StevenKevin
02-26-15, 02:03 PM
Just checked last years train of goals.... the pink ali seems absolutely unreachable between the 40 ingots the 100 saps to give n so on :(

Liloze
02-26-15, 02:04 PM
I don't understand why there are so much negative responses about this "update" or release of Pinky.
I am happy for all those who are getting a chance to acquire it.
I have it already, and I am not bummed that there is no update for me.
I am doing my own goals while waiting. With this game,if you really want to, there's no place for boredom.

As an old player, I want to remind you kings and queens, that in the old days, we used to wait for months! for an update!
Not weeks! :rolleyes:

Having said that, I hope today's release is a sign that maybe the Love Shack would be (re)-released in turn?! Soon?:p ;)

Good Luck to all who got today's Goal :)

meme1098
02-26-15, 02:07 PM
I'm glad as well for the ones who started late to be able to do this goal....but ...
For the rest of us you could've at least opened up a few expansions! I don't understand why they don't open automatically after you reach a certain point???? :confused: You have 1 or 2 remaining, then 2 or 3 more open up.

PurpleScorpion76
Um...before I go crazy putting out 20 mushroom circles.....can we verify that the goals are the same as last year

2 parts in and it looks the same, I've put out my mushrooms already as that was the one item I was low on.

Lavendah42
loving the return of a past quest for those who weren't around for it in the past, but yeah... another week with no goal to work on doesn't really keep the enthusiasm. Can of course continue to work on expansions/maxing items etc but I was hoping to have a goal to work on. Love Shack, as others have suggested, would have been cool... maybe it was too complicated to have two different things going on for two different groups at the same time... or that those who get the P-alicorn goals would have also got the Love Shack goals & would have been overwhelmed trying to do both?

I was lucky enough to get the Pink Alicorn last time, but my game glitched on the final step. I was given the Pink Alicorn after contacting support, but the "Moment of Truth" goal is still in my goal book. Wonder if that will go away after this... perhaps only if I could present/use the pink horn & the pink wing (which of course I can't get again... )

PS Just yesterday I got 100 energy from my P-alicorn for the second time... well worth working towards!

SpiritWind00
02-26-15, 02:08 PM
Just checked last years train of goals.... the pink ali seems absolutely unreachable between the 40 ingots the 100 saps to give n so on :(

just remember not everything is timed. You can do it! now that you know what's coming up, get together what you need for upcoming goals. The timed bits are a help to get resources quicker, you don't have to do them. If you wait for the next step you can take your time and plug away at your own pace. I look forward to hearing about your success! :)

Liloze
02-26-15, 02:09 PM
I'm glad as well for the ones who started late to be able to do this goal....but ...
For the rest of us you could've at least opened up a few expansions! I don't understand why they don't open automatically after you reach a certain point???? :confused: You have 1 or 2 remaining, then 2 or 3 more open up.

I second that, yes some expansions would have been great right now :)

jopik
02-26-15, 02:10 PM
Will there be a option to buy the pinki with gems???
Please answer tl, thanks

CharmOfLea
02-26-15, 02:13 PM
I know Liloze is waiting and hoping for the Love Shack, just much, so much longer than me. I don't know if it is a sign, dear Liloze, but the re-release of the LS definitely moved into the realm of possibilities.

I personally don't crave for it because of the alis, but for the decor and experiencing that special part of the story.

anissada
02-26-15, 02:15 PM

also.. j seem to remember they both were quests around V-day?

anissada
02-26-15, 02:16 PM
Please answer tl, thanks

only if this is good for the "games economy"

anissada
02-26-15, 02:18 PM
I don't understand why there are so much negative responses about this "update" or release of Pinky.
I am happy for all those who are getting a chance to acquire it.
I have it already, and I am not bummed that there is no update for me.
I am doing my own goals while waiting. With this game,if you really want to, there's no place for boredom.

As an old player, I want to remind you kings and queens, that in the old days, we used to wait for months! for an update!
Not weeks! :rolleyes:

Having said that, I hope today's release is a sign that maybe the Love Shack would be (re)-released in turn?! Soon?:p ;)

Good Luck to all who got today's Goal :)

just my two other cents...
wasn't it possible to re-release this pinky quest at the same time the quest for players above level 40 was launched?

Liloze
02-26-15, 02:20 PM
I know Liloze is waiting and hoping for the Love Shack, just much, so much longer than me. I don't know if it is a sign, dear Liloze, but the re-release of the LS definitely moved into the realm of possibilities.

I personally don't crave for it because of the alis, but for the decor and experiencing that special part of the story.

Oh I hope I hope dear Charmof Lea :) And "hope" is the worst thing for us who wants the LS lol
I too don't crave it for the Alicorns, ( bought 8 already :) )
but I DO want it for all those decorations we can craft, and feel part of the story since the start :)
Dare we hope my dear . Dare we hope? :o

ryusei745
So. Re-release of pinkie is good but no love shack for us higher levelled players? I'm glad the newer players get a second chance for pinkie though this is just what they needed to re motivate them for this game thank you TL

mariegoodley
And this is why 5 of my neighbours last week deleted the game saying 'the game is no longer fun'. Really really disappointed :(

Blathnat
02-26-15, 02:24 PM
OMG! I never thought this would return, I missed out last year as I found the game in May! And I qualify! Woop woop!
Me too! I'm thrilled to have the opportunity to get a Pink Alicorn. I started playing in March last year so missed it, but have admired it in many of my friends' kingdoms. I would love to be able to purchase more as well, but glad to be able to get at least one. YEAH!

CharmOfLea
02-26-15, 02:28 PM
Oh I hope I hope dear Charmof Lea :) And "hope" is the worst thing for us who wants the LS lol
I too don't crave it for the Alicorns, ( bought 8 already :) )
but I DO want it for all those decorations we can craft, and feel part of the story since the start :)
Dare we hope my dear . Dare we hope? :o

I agree, hope is the worst. LOL In fact, it's the worst of all evil, just like Nietzsche said. He is so right about it, "for it prolongs the torment of man"...

And still I do dare hope! :D

Liloze
02-26-15, 02:31 PM
just my two other cents...
wasn't it possible to re-release this pinky quest at the same time the quest for players above level 40 was launched?

I really don't know, but realistically, I don't think it is doable to release 2 different goals at the same time, for 2 different
categories of levels.
Might be that many above level 40 missed The Pinky, like those of us who missed the Love Shack :)
Oh Why do I always go back to the love shack?! lol :o

dyl625
02-26-15, 02:31 PM
I was hoping for an update today but I do not qualify for this one. I am happy for my neighbors that can play this goal though. Since TL is re-releasing an old goal, how about re-releasing the Love Shack for those of us that missed out on that one. Pretty please?

idrispad
02-26-15, 02:34 PM
This is some kind of joke, right...?

All that time spent refusing to re-release the Love Shack but they'll re-release this one for those that don't have it.

Really???

Liloze
02-26-15, 02:34 PM
I agree, hope is the worst. LOL In fact, it's the worst of all evil, just like Nietzsche said. He is so right about it, "for it prolongs the torment of man"...

And still I do dare hope! :D

F. Nietzsche was absolutely right, and TL is proving his point lol
But Like you I still dare hope ;)

PikaSquirrel
02-26-15, 02:40 PM
Please answer tl, thanks

lickleleo
02-26-15, 02:48 PM
OK, so I might get some 'jip' for this... but reading some of the comments.. I had to say it..

I really like the game, I've played since the release. I get that people wanted updates. I did too. But we used to have to wait so much longer for updates. So... just let the anticipation build? I feel bad for TL sometimes- they cant please all the people all the time... and they're only human.

More importantly though, I wanted to say something about people complaining about the pink ali re-release because they already have it, but begging for the love shack. I have both. If they re-released the love shack players like me would be left out of that update too, and players like that might feel as annoyed as you do about the pink ali re-release... again, TL wouldnt have pleased everyone and would be seen as alienating their longest term players. So... they couldnt even win if they DID re-release it.

jen7779
02-26-15, 02:49 PM
This is great, for those that don't have this, but seriously! You couldn't make this for everyone! What's the big deal if we already have one. Now this makes two weeks without a quest. This is as bad as taking the Wedding Alicorn back.
Ridiculous!

B6x9js
02-26-15, 02:50 PM
Ugh! I don't have near the resources to finish this wish I would have read the thread before I started crafting ingots would have liked to have this but don't think it is doable for a newbie player especially one who refuses to pay money to play a "free" game.

belbar22
02-26-15, 02:51 PM
It looks exactly the same so far, I'll keep checking with each step and if it's different I'll post a pic.

Can we create a moan thread, I enjoy a good moan every now and again, but I'm reading all posts incase the info is relevant but some of these posts are bumming me out.

Well said.

anissada
02-26-15, 02:52 PM

i already predicted that ... not good for the games economy..........

AuntyRose32
02-26-15, 02:53 PM
I'm happy that the players who didn't get this Ali first time around are now getting their chance. I love my Pink Alicorn. Good job TL.

readysetgo888
02-26-15, 02:59 PM
Just to clarify, if we try to succeed in the second quest and fail, the auctioneers ingots we do craft will have no other value?

I came in this thread looking for the answer to this question - I'm assuming not? That sucks. I'm not going to bother to do it at all in this case... I can't possibly get it done 40 times in 24 hours, so the slow way for me I guess.

The overall goal is timed, though, right? So, we can't really take our time on it, though we don't have to do the timed quest steps?

Also, the whining in this thread is pretty extreme IMO.... I understand being frustrated but I really don't think it warrants so much complaining.

dangerb0y
02-26-15, 03:00 PM
Ugh! I don't have near the resources to finish this wish I would have read the thread before I started crafting ingots would have liked to have this but don't think it is doable for a newbie player especially one who refuses to pay money to play a "free" game.

If I read the first post correctly, this quest does not end, as long as you start/finish the first goal by March 9th. You can take as much time as you need on the rest of the non timed goals in this quest.

idrispad
02-26-15, 03:01 PM
I get that people wanted updates. I did too. But we used to have to wait so much longer for updates. So... just let the anticipation build?

If they re-released the love shack players like me would be left out of that update too

Speaking for myself, it's not the lack of an update for me. That doesn't particularly bother me. It's the historic refusal to re release something else that is coveted and then suddenly bam! There is a re release of another item. Kind of odd.

angela3737
02-26-15, 03:06 PM
So happy the people that don't have it get a chance . Thanks TL ! I have the pink cutie both of my accounts - - I don't remember to much detail when I did this - its tough maintaining 2 accounts during goals - but I can absolutely tell you back then I had never used gems to skip in a goal .. So it can be done .. Now with that said from my games crashing last year it's much harder to do any timed goals - I don't even use my pink energy much or alicorns due to crashing issues .. But when I could play "normal " I loved clicking on him never knowing what energy I would get..4..5.7..50.and yes 100 too! Funny - now I have saved gems and lots of energy and can't use much- but newer device on way so fingers crossed ( upgrade to itouch 5 gen)- can't wait to use pinkie again !

anne202b
02-26-15, 03:09 PM
I'm really excited for this update! :) :) :)

However, the race is on....will I get the Pink Alicorn or the Walicorn first?! We shall see. Working on so many goals at once...a bit confusing but an awful lot of fun! Putting the housework aside for a while. ;)

idrispad
02-26-15, 03:19 PM
Actually, I don't think I'm that bothered about the Love Shack. I don't have one, I wasn't here when they were released and I don't know what they do. Shrug. I'm not missing it.

I think I am simply of the opinion that a limited time quest should be just that. Limited.

ryusei745
02-26-15, 03:23 PM
Actually, I don't think I'm that bothered about the Love Shack. I don't have one, I wasn't here when they were released and I don't know what they do. Shrug. I'm not missing it.

I think I am simply of the opinion that a limited time quest should be just that. Limited.

They let you craft actual alicorns. You get pieces rarely from quests and use them in the love shack to make the week long energy refill alicorn.

Lavendah42
02-26-15, 03:33 PM
Speaking for myself, it's not the lack of an update for me. That doesn't particularly bother me. It's the historic refusal to re release something else that is coveted and then suddenly bam! There is a re release of another item. Kind of odd.

not so odd when you consider historically their fix to mistakes was to simply end it (eg remove item from market that wasn't supposed to be there), but of recent times the item has been removed from market AND removed from people's accounts.

And I agree, it's not so much a lack of update but the sneak peek update thread was opened, building anticipation... it's just unusual to be a high level player and not be able to participate in the update once it comes out. You just can't really assume how things will go on from now, seems the guidebook can be thrown out the window. Which could be exciting, anticpating the unexpected. Unfortunately I think it's having the opposite effect.

I think it was about the time of this update that I started visiting the forum... use the information here to help you achieve this goal with as little stress as possible! Look at the goals ahead of the one you are on & prepare for them as much as you can. If you don't think you can manage the timed goals, don't waste your resources on attempting them

idrispad
02-26-15, 03:46 PM
I don't understand what their fix for mistakes had to do with this update but I'm not excited about anticipating repeats of updates,

Lavendah42
02-26-15, 03:56 PM
as a demonstration of not being able to second-guess anything from TL any more, updates included

kimberly0822
02-26-15, 04:18 PM
Good luck everyone! To those getting a chance at this goal...stop complaining, youre lucky TL is bringing it back!

islandtyme
02-26-15, 04:29 PM
So happy for those who did not get their "Pink" last year. Bummed nothing for me, but still happy for others. Have fun, it is well worth the battle with time. 👋😊

starbow7
02-26-15, 04:45 PM
its tough maintaining 2 accounts during goals - but I can absolutely tell you back then I had never used gems to skip in a goal .. So it can be done .. Now with that said from my games crashing last year it's much harder to do any timed goals - I don't even use my pink energy much or alicorns due to crashing issues .. But when I could play "normal " I loved clicking on him never knowing what energy I would get..4..5.7..50.and yes 100 too!

It can be done: Well, it depends. I have some accounts too and at least with one I won't be able to finish this quest due to lack of coins, energy. This second step requires 5.000 x 40 = 200.000 coins - no problem for level 50 players, but below it is always struggling for coins and energy even for regular playing, let alone for quests.

As for the energy we get from pink alicorns: it is mostly 4-7. 50 or even 100 maybe once in a year.

Seriously700
02-26-15, 04:50 PM

This is doable but challenging for a new player. My daughter had just turned level 16 right before last years deadline. It took her awhile to complete. She didn't try to do the gold ingots - personally I thought that was undoable for almost everyone - but it doesn't mean you can't continue with subsequent steps. Take your time. Review the upcoming steps and prepare as best you can for the timed pieces that seem doable and worthwhile for you, and skip those that are too much.

SpuriousNotion
02-26-15, 04:51 PM
Just wanted to state my own positive feedback on this and say how pleased that some in the gaming community who missed out on this last year get to participate now! Two weeks without an update for those of us playing a long time is nothing compared to the few months we went without an update last year! Perhaps TL is using this time to make an extra-long update for us that truly advances or completes a story line. I would like to think so! I will just use this time to strengthen the friendships I form with my neighbors and be glad I have more time for that! Good luck, and have fun!

Seriously700
02-26-15, 04:53 PM
I
I came in this thread looking for the answer to this question - I'm assuming not? That sucks. I'm not going to bother to do it at all in this case... I can't possibly get it done 40 times in 24 hours, so the slow way for me I guess.

The overall goal is timed, though, right? So, we can't really take our time on it, though we don't have to do the timed quest steps?

Also, the whining in this thread is pretty extreme IMO.... I understand being frustrated but I really don't think it warrants so much complaining.

The overall goal is NOT TIMED! You have a deadline to start the quest line, and then the quest alternates between timed steps that are optional, and untimed quests that you can leisurely complete in order to advance the quest.

belbar22
02-26-15, 04:55 PM
It can be done: Well, it depends. I have some accounts too and at least with one I won't be able to finish this quest due to lack of coins, energy. This second step requires 5.000 x 40 = 200.000 coins - no problem for level 50 players, but below it is always struggling for coins and energy even for regular playing, let alone for quests.

As for the energy we get from pink alicorns: it is mostly 4-7. 50 or even 100 maybe once in a year.

If you don't do the timed quests you only miss items that help you in the next step. You can take as long as you like so as long as you have visited old Thomas. Just ignore the timed parts.

midsom
02-26-15, 05:05 PM
I

The overall goal is NOT TIMED! You have a deadline to start the quest line, and then the quest alternates between timed steps that are optional, and untimed quests that you can leisurely complete in order to advance the quest.

i think if you read the first post it says this event expires on the 9th March which is plenty of time, but saying it isnt timed might mislead some players.

burritosprings
02-26-15, 05:12 PM
Seems like TL releasing so many new games has just left the old ones hanging. No work required to re-release this quest..code is already written so they can just plug it back in. I have to say..i'm getting pretty bored with CS. Havent really had anything to do it quite some time. Maxed on just about everything so no need to even get on the game unless there are new things to do. Has CS reached the end of its road? 1000 gems in the kitty and havent had anything to buy in months. I also have to wonder about all the items that we can craft only to have no use for it...why not use these items in new quests instead of crating new items for a one time use! Would cut down on development time and eliminate the waste. Not a rant...just an (mine) honest assessment.

this all goes back to why there isnt a lvl 51. Simple to explain. There are way 2 many new users in the pipeline and they have to keep them happy. Hence why they put a fire under the lvl 15s to go up. Active users are gonna be active. They want to keep the new gem buyers happy. Hence we get a redux of PINKY. And to shut up the ppl that missed 1st time

tuffyjkitten
02-26-15, 05:16 PM
Well since all the updates except for 1 this year have been for people who are at high levels and have the previous stuff...congrats on you guys finally getting a week off instead of us.

Onward to the pink alicorn...or ANY alicorn...

kooky panda
02-26-15, 05:16 PM
Guys lets keep the post limited to the new update. There are other threads to discuss the other features of the game.

Thanks!

tuffyjkitten
02-26-15, 05:21 PM
Oh and with 2 forges running for 30 minutes each creating the 40 bars is totally doable in the time allowed. I've got 12 already.

iamthejeannie
02-26-15, 05:29 PM
So I didn't see this coming, and no way to raise $200,000 to craft the auction ingot = no pink allicorn for me. Got it. Well, Not. Because 23 hours, is not enough time to raise that amount of money. If it comes back again next year can I try again?

cookies2crumbs
02-26-15, 05:30 PM
I am a bit confused. I must have started the goal last year, in my goals book I have had faux real goal for ages. Looking in the inventory I don't have the large sapphire it says you get it through doing a goal. So how do I get the large sapphire . I have 50 pink sapphire crystals aswell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

GarfieldandPookie
02-26-15, 05:33 PM
I am excited for a chance to get a Pink Alicorn! Yay! I know that the people who already had one miss out on an update this week but can't they be excited for the people who do get one?

cookies2crumbs
02-26-15, 05:41 PM
I am a bit confused. I must have started the goal last year, in my goals book I have had faux real goal for ages. Looking in the inventory I don't have the large sapphire it says you get it through doing a goal. So how do I get the large sapphire . I have 50 pink sapphire crystals aswell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tuffyjkitten
02-26-15, 05:44 PM
So I didn't see this coming, and no way to raise $200,000 to craft the auction ingot = no pink allicorn for me. Got it. Well, Not. Because 23 hours, is not enough time to raise that amount of money. If it comes back again next year can I try again?

From what the first post says you don't actually need to do it, it just gives a head start. Check back tomorrow and see if the next goal is there so you can continue.

Phaedrakiki
02-26-15, 06:00 PM
Well since all the updates except for 1 this year have been for people who are at high levels and have the previous stuff...congrats on you guys finally getting a week off instead of us.

Onward to the pink alicorn...or ANY alicorn...
Exactly! I always have neighbors chatting about the updates they're working on...and I'm left out week after week because of my level or my "place" in the storyline. I'm level 49, but didn't start until after V-day last year. I hadn't progressed enough when all the faerie updates came out last year. I didn't complain! I can't believe how 50+'s are getting so angry about this. Do they not want us to have what they have?

Anyway, I'm thrilled...thank you, TL! I think the gold ingot-thing is totally doable with 2 forges. Takes 10 of the 24hrs (& setting a timer, lol!)

And as already mentioned, if you don't have 2 forges, or enough time, etc.--don't bother with that step. There are other ways to get the materials you need!

PrincessCupOButter
02-26-15, 07:08 PM
I'm one of the level 50 players that gets to participate. I missed this last year because I didn't start playing until March. While I am grateful for the opportunity, I still would have preferred a real Valentine's Day update with something new (different) and exciting. Something that all players could have had the opportunity to earn. I am also very sad that we 'newer' players aren't able to add any of the special trees, plants, farm animals and other decorations. (I mean quest or craft, NOT purchase with cash)

As for the updates, I can only speak for myself. But I'd rather see the message 'no update' than to be told there is one, only to find that said 'update' is a bundle of decorations to purchase with cash. That way, I don't get my hopes up.

To sum up: Thanks TL for the opportunity to earn the pink Ali. I'm grateful, though I still feel sorry for my neighbors who are left out this week.

StevenKevin
02-26-15, 07:53 PM
just remember not everything is timed. You can do it! now that you know what's coming up, get together what you need for upcoming goals. The timed bits are a help to get resources quicker, you don't have to do them. If you wait for the next step you can take your time and plug away at your own pace. I look forward to hearing about your success! :)
True , but the trouble is you have to cope with other goals/crafts as well and save material for them.... im level 99 in BS and RS but level 18 only in CS and the game is totally different so i suppose i have to learn those new strategies - i couldnt go pass level 2 with the gazebo and really dont understand how it was possible to make 3 builders paste in such limited time. At least i can use it as an old forlorn gazebo lost in the forest lol when i see the list of actions to perform to get the pink alicorn i have already given up and id rather focus on other quests - afterall i already managed to unlock Thurston, which, as far as i know by browing in other kingdoms, is not that common at level 18 lol
whatever, tyvm for your support :-)

CuteTali
02-26-15, 07:55 PM
I was so excited when I saw a new goal with an icon of a pink alicorn on it. It looks so cute and I thought "yay, we finally get something pretty and pink". I started working on those goals and just realized that not only is it not possible to craft that many ingots in that little amount of time they give us, even if I stayed up for 20 hours straight, I'd have to keep picking up the ingots pretty much as soon as they're done and craft more, it's completely insane!! Do you guys think people have no life and can just sit there playing a game for 24 hours straight?? Not only this, but also it would cost me 200,000 coins!!! That's way too much for someone who hasn't been playing this game for years, accumulating lots of wealth and riches. I don't even have that amount of coins and the skip option is very high too. Now I'm just really irritated and aggrevated. It feels like they did this just to wave the pink alicorn in our faces, drain all our money, just then to realize that not only it's impossible for some players to afford those ingots that are made literally out of money, but to also finish this goal in a timely manner. So disappointed!!!!!

Why do you alsways have to make timed goals so ridiculously impossible???? That sucks all the fun right out of the game. :mad:

plby
02-26-15, 08:01 PM
Forget the ingots, they're a waste of coins unless you have millions. You can get the pink crystals from chopping rocks when the 24h timer expires.

Seriously700
02-26-15, 08:12 PM
i think if you read the first post it says this event expires on the 9th March which is plenty of time, but saying it isnt timed might mislead some players.

The update will go live today at 12 PM PST and will expire on March 9th at 12 PM PST. Only the very first Goal "Rumors Start Somewhere" will expire on that day. A few of the other Goals in this set of Goals may have time limits, but the timer will not start for those until you reach them. For the ones that do not have time limits, you can take your time to complete them.

Please read the above from Pika carefully. Only the 1st step of the quest must be completed by March 9th. That will trigger a pretty impossible - but totally optional - timed piece as your 2nd step. When that timed goal expires, you will have an unlimited amount of time to do the next step. There are other challenging but optional timed pieces in the quest, but you could skip all the timed pieces if the demands are too challenging. It might take a few weeks to complete but don't worry about that. Just make sure you initiate the quest by March 9th. Good luck!

BlackRat2
02-26-15, 08:27 PM
This is not a realistic task, the time limits are great if you live in WiFi land, I don't have access to the internet to play for 10 hours to get the ingots. Please think of people in my position and stop these timed mission or at least give a sensable amount of time to do them in.

plby
02-26-15, 08:44 PM
This is not a realistic task, the time limits are great if you live in WiFi land, I don't have access to the internet to play for 10 hours to get the ingots. Please think of people in my position and stop these timed mission or at least give a sensable amount of time to do them in.

You don't have to do any of the timed goals. All tasks are achievable without them. It'll just take a bit longer to complete the goal chain and get the alicorn.

midsom
02-26-15, 08:52 PM
Please read the above from Pika carefully. Only the 1st step of the quest must be completed by March 9th. That will trigger a pretty impossible - but totally optional - timed piece as your 2nd step. When that timed goal expires, you will have an unlimited amount of time to do the next step. There are other challenging but optional timed pieces in the quest, but you could skip all the timed pieces if the demands are too challenging. It might take a few weeks to complete but don't worry about that. Just make sure you initiate the quest by March 9th. Good luck!

Isnt the 2nd step the auctioneers ingots? Why is that pretty impossible? I am serious here, i am working on the ingots my self and now have 28 with two more due in ten minutes and 18 hours to go, i should be finished in 2 and a half hours, what have i missed?

Seriously700
02-26-15, 08:52 PM

As plby responded, you don't have to do any of the timed goals.

The three timed goals in this quest are all optional. They reward you with items that you need for the subsequent steps, but that can be obtained in other ways.

But be careful about giving resources to a timed quest if you're not certain you can fully complete the task in the given time. If not completed, you don't get the reward and you don't get your resources back.

Seriously700
02-26-15, 09:00 PM
Isnt the 2nd step the auctioneers ingots? Why is that pretty impossible? I am serious here, i am working on the ingots my self and now have 28 with two more due in ten minutes and 18 hours to go, i should be finished in 2 and a half hours, what have i missed?

Sorry I guess I should have said impossible for some people. It's very challenging for lower level players to have enough coins and 2 forges and be in a position to check into the game at least 20 times in a 24 hour period. Not everyone has that flexibility. So it's not impossible for all but it will be challenging for many.

CharmOfLea
02-26-15, 09:01 PM
I'm grateful for the many ppl on the forum who have contributed info to these excellent quest threads. Only this way I know that the second step, with a 24h timer, is optional. There is no hint of it in the game anywhere! My BP had a short term increase today before I got here. :D

midsom
02-26-15, 09:06 PM
Sorry I guess I should have said impossible for some people. It's very challenging for lower level players to have 2 million coin and 2 forges. And even if they did, they'd have to be in a position to be able to check in to the game at least 20 times in a 24 hour period. Not everyone has that flexibility. So it's not impossible for all but it will be challenging for many.

i thought i had missed something, but it isnt 2 million coins, it is 200,000 surely, and if you dont have to do the timed bits you might as well say they are giving us the pink ali which kind of makes this pointless and no challenge at all.

Seriously700
02-26-15, 09:12 PM
i thought i had missed something, but it isnt 2 million coins, it is 200,000 surely, and if you dont have to do the timed bits you might as well say they are giving us the pink ali which kind of makes this pointless and no challenge at all.
Lol yes I just corrected it. Shouldn't try to do math at bedtime. Too sleepy.

CuteTali
02-26-15, 10:15 PM

Sure, just rub it in. But seriously, it's really hard to check into a game every 30 minutes and it takes soo much money. I understand if we needed 4 ingots, or maybe even a whole 12 of them, but 40 in 24 hours is insane.

Maybe you already had some crafted in your inventory from another quest?

CuteTali
02-26-15, 10:17 PM

That's actually a lot of good news there for me, as I really want something cute and pink in my castle. Are you sure the rest of the goals don't expire even after those 11 days?

mityaj
02-26-15, 10:19 PM
I made one ingot as a souvenir, but I simply don't have the ability to check the game so often in a 24h period. I guess I'll just collect the pink crystals slowly....

CuteTali
02-26-15, 10:20 PM
Forget the ingots, they're a waste of coins unless you have millions. You can get the pink crystals from chopping rocks when the 24h timer expires.

Thank you, that's nice to know. I wish I would've known this before I wasted every last bit of my coins on those 12 ingots I made.

jbfps116
02-26-15, 10:20 PM
I'm quite surprised and pleased to have this opportunity! I DO agree Valentine's as a whole was poorly represented this year compared to the years before I've read about but there Were some cool things and some really pathetic things! I do look forward to having my second ever alicorn! Ironially neither are the original alicorn!

Chaotarch
02-26-15, 11:49 PM
Or "today's update is available only to those players level 60 or higher who live in a country ending in the letter "y" and have blue eyes".

yeah, thats me...:p glad to get an update sometimes...

btw game economy...lol...:
white alis has no cap, so i am on my way to 70 alis...10 per day:cool::D

tabskingdom
02-26-15, 11:57 PM
I hope someone can help me I always make double of things when I'm doing goals so before I even looked and anything I started making lathe in both of my workshops for this new alicorn goal line I sped up one with gems so I could start breaking me jewel things up and I noticed on the lathe it said inventory full and I still got one that's in process in my other workshop am I going to beable to get it out or is it going to be stuck in my workshop forever I hope I made sense thanks for your help in advance

GarfieldandPookie
02-27-15, 12:14 AM
I would say that you could use the first one, and then the other one could go into inventory. The inventory max for this item is probably one.

kristin_R
02-27-15, 12:17 AM
Whomp whomp. I have the love shack but the last 20 times I've adventured have not returned unicorn parts. I feel fairly certain there is a limit. Just sayin

idrispad
02-27-15, 12:19 AM
With the timed goals, it's worth reading ahead to see what the requirements are and making sure that you have those resources before you trigger th timed goal. I think this goal was the first time I realised that from reading the forum and it changes the quest completely.

As an aside, I dont feel "left out", I just think that limited time items should remain limited - if you're going to re-release stuff, re-release it all or not at all. Not sure I understand how taking an alicorn away from some people and "giving" one to others stacks up but (shrug).

When I was a lower level player I didn't feel left out either because the update quests would appear in my quest book eventually - I wasn't missing anything at all.

The good thing about this is that I only bother checking in on my game once a day as there's nothing to do. Plenty to do elsewhere in my life mind you!

mrosmeows
02-27-15, 12:26 AM
Well this sucks. Make it part of the story line if you're giving new plYers a chance to get it. Plus yes there's been a few weeks that early players couldn't do the updates yet. They'll get there. They have the main story line to work on. Us old plAyers already have all the goAls done hell I have all my resources maxed besides the fairy beams and blacks Nd I'm even close on that. As for the loveshack.... I'm sorry to the people that can't crAft alicorns. But you almost never get the parts. It started with the game tl said it's not coming back I hardly ever use mine. I wish I could timeshare it

AnniePMH
02-27-15, 12:29 AM
Whomp whomp. I have the love shack but the last 20 times I've adventured have not returned unicorn parts. I feel fairly certain there is a limit. Just sayin

Not if the Alicorns are born in the Market...;)

Tiggerddh
02-27-15, 12:39 AM
Thanks for the update TL! I'm thrilled to be able to have the chance to get a pink Ali. ��

RosemaryV
02-27-15, 12:47 AM
Comment on step 2. but, but.... 40x $5000 is $200,000. No way can I go there at my stage in the game... level 20. Officially bummed. RVS

cookies2crumbs
02-27-15, 01:01 AM
I am a bit confused. I must have started the goal last year, in my goals book I have had faux real goal for ages. Looking in the inventory I still don't have the large sapphire and it says you get it through doing a goal. So how do I get the large sapphire . I have 50 pink sapphire crystals aswell. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

AnniePMH
02-27-15, 01:03 AM
I had just started playing CS when I had this update last year...I think I failed at all timed parts, but I still got the pink Alicorn in the end, much to my own surprise!:D I didn't use gems then, so it must have been possible to complete without:) Good luck to all players doing this quest!

rheina
02-27-15, 01:55 AM
Well this is frustrating - i started crafting the ingots and i had 10 by far, and now as i collected the next, it shows only 2 ?!? This is outrageous! I never gona craft them in time now.

rheina
02-27-15, 01:59 AM
Oh, and nothing is giving those pink crystals - nor mines, nor stone piles. So what now? If i write to TL stuff they will put me nicely on a long hold with a ticket and the goal will be over till i get a reply "to restart my phone and reinstall the game"

GarfieldandPookie
02-27-15, 02:38 AM
You have to wait until the timer is out on the current goal. Then, you can get the crystals.

anissada
02-27-15, 02:42 AM

i have pinky from the day it was released, but never got 50 or 100 energy....

AnniePMH
02-27-15, 03:25 AM
I usually get 4-6 energy from my pink Ali, 100 energy two times, once in december and then a few days ago!:)

genellemac
02-27-15, 03:28 AM
You have to wait until the timer is out on the current goal. Then, you can get the crystals.
I am getting crystals, even when doing the timed part, from iron rich rock and dark cave formations( I had one in my inventory thankfully, received from an adventure).

Lavendah42
02-27-15, 03:36 AM
I usually get 4-6 energy from my pink Ali, 100 energy two times, once in december and then a few days ago!:)
THat is pretty much the same as me... can't say it was Decemeber but have got 100 energy twice and the second time was the other day

AnniePMH
02-27-15, 03:40 AM
THat is pretty much the same as me... can't say it was Decemeber but have got 100 energy twice and the second time was the other day

It's an interesting phenomenon I've noticed, this CS drop sync thing...:confused: Or maybe our Pinkies are long lost twins!:D

katbtodd
02-27-15, 03:44 AM
These are the drops I have gotten from pinkie 3-10 and 20,50, and the grand prize 100
Mostly you get 4-6

anurulz
02-27-15, 04:23 AM
I have gotten 10 ingots till now...i just finished making a second magic forge but even with 2 forges, there is no way am gonna be able to finish 30 in 18 hrs...unless i stay up all night...so am gonna lose all the money, arent i??? Bummer...

aurorasreds
02-27-15, 04:57 AM
Hi everyone,

This week's update is a re-release of the Pink Alicorn Goals! If you missed your chance to participate in these and get the Pink Alicorn last year, this is your chance to get one!

http://i.imgur.com/2TWdEZT.png

You must be level 16+ and have Old Thomas and Ivy walking around in your Kingdom to access these Goals. You will not see these Goals if you have already participated last year.

So basically these goals are impossible unless you have no life and don't sleep, ever!

ladyperidot
02-27-15, 04:59 AM
It cost 4 gems per ingot to gem skip through in the goal box. However, if you start crafting them in the forge it's only 2 gems to speed it up/finish. And, if you wait until the time is half finished (15 minutes), it only costs 1 gem

belbar22
02-27-15, 05:18 AM
Well this is frustrating - i started crafting the ingots and i had 10 by far, and now as i collected the next, it shows only 2 ?!? This is outrageous! I never gona craft them in time now.

Have you given any to the goal yet. If you press give, it reduces the count in your inventory. Go check the goal and see if 10 are registered as given.

belbar22
02-27-15, 05:26 AM
So basically these goals are impossible unless you have no life and don't sleep, ever!

Why do people keep making the same point. As long as you visit Thomas which is the first part of this goal, you can take as long as you like to complete the rest of the goals. Those people who have the time to do the timed goals get the benefit of a few resources towards the next goal. However If you do not do the timed goal, which is OPTIONAL, then once the goal expires you can then go on to the next stage anyway. I do not understand why people are so confused. Post after post is making the same complaint and people keep replying that everybody who is eligible to start the goal can get the pink alicorn, it will just take longer for some people.

TL are just giving the people who have the time and the in game resources to complete the optional timed goals a chance to gain some resources more quickly. If you do not want to do the goal, then don't do it. wait for it to expire and go on to the next stage. Just for the record I slept for 10 hours last night and have been out and about shopping and I have still managed to collect 28 ingots with 8 hours to go. I only need 3 or 4 more hours to collect the remaining ones so will have no problem. I know not everyone can check their game and that I am fortunate. If I had not had the time to check my game today, I would either have waited for the weekend or let the goal expire. It would not have been a big deal if I had not been able to do this goal as I know I can get the resources anyway.

katbtodd
02-27-15, 05:31 AM

It's doable I did it last year only certain parts are time . But not doing the time parts it will take you a bit longer to get him

anurulz
02-27-15, 06:04 AM
It cost 4 gems per ingot to gem skip through in the goal box. However, if you start crafting them in the forge it's only 2 gems to speed it up/finish. And, if you wait until the time is half finished (15 minutes), it only costs 1 gem
Tht is a good trick...thanx ladyperidot...

labsandboxers
02-27-15, 06:21 AM
The pink Ali should have been for everyone

PurpleScorpion76
02-27-15, 06:48 AM

If you get the ingots which I have just done all 40 then you move to the next step.

I've slept and completed with just over 7 hours to go. It's doable.

Korlcek
02-27-15, 06:51 AM
Its doable if you have 2 forges and 200k in hand. Since I don't have either I guess I'll have to do it the slow way.

PurpleScorpion76
02-27-15, 07:10 AM
Its doable if you have 2 forges and 200k in hand. Since I don't have either I guess I'll have to do it the slow way.

I was there! I didn't get my second forge til around level 25 and didn't have that much in the purse til I was working towards Pepe which was around the same time. I would have freaked out at this quest at that level.

queenaleecia
02-27-15, 07:45 AM
That's not cool at all. So what if people already have one. Everyone should be able to participate. There are no goals to do and game is getting boring.

MsMelanieMonster
02-27-15, 07:53 AM
I have gotten 10 ingots till now...i just finished making a second magic forge but even with 2 forges, there is no way am gonna be able to finish 30 in 18 hrs...unless i stay up all night...so am gonna lose all the money, arent i??? Bummer...

I don't buy gems but have noticed the speed up gem rate drops to 1 gem after 15 minutes. With 2 forges, you can craft 8 ingots in 1 hour for 1 gem per ingot, instead of 4 gems per ingot to speed up the whole quest or 2 gems per ingot at the forge. I'd rather spend 8-10 gems than lose the hard work! GL!

dangerb0y
02-27-15, 08:04 AM
Why do people keep making the same point. As long as you visit Thomas which is the first part of this goal, you can take as long as you like to complete the rest of the goals. Those people who have the time to do the timed goals get the benefit of a few resources towards the next goal. However If you do not do the timed goal, which is OPTIONAL, then once the goal expires you can then go on to the next stage anyway. I do not understand why people are so confused. Post after post is making the same complaint and people keep replying that everybody who is eligible to start the goal can get the pink alicorn, it will just take longer for some people.

TL are just giving the people who have the time and the in game resources to complete the optional timed goals a chance to gain some resources more quickly. If you do not want to do the goal, then don't do it. wait for it to expire and go on to the next stage. Just for the record I slept for 10 hours last night and have been out and about shopping and I have still managed to collect 28 ingots with 8 hours to go. I only need 3 or 4 more hours to collect the remaining ones so will have no problem. I know not everyone can check their game and that I am fortunate. If I had not had the time to check my game today, I would either have waited for the weekend or let the goal expire. It would not have been a big deal if I had not been able to do this goal as I know I can get the resources anyway.

Hi Belbar, I think I can explain because my wife fell for it too.
The people that are complaining are not like you and me who check the forums for updates first. So in their mind the quest is initially 11 days total. Once they click on Thomas house, the quest is now 24 hours total!

In Fairytale Wonderland, they put in bold letters that it is an optional 24 hour goal, in Castle Story they do not. That is where the confusion lays for non forum players. Then they come to the forum in a panic and post without reading.

cpabae
02-27-15, 08:17 AM
So, I started making the auctioneer's ingots with only 10 hours left because I was stupid and didn't read all of the forum talk ahead of time. I had initially thought that the whole quest would end in 24 hours and I don't have enough coin to finish it (and, at the time, only one magic forge). I have since learned that it is worth trying to make it through this whole quest since only a few steps are timed. So, now I'm in a quandary...do I try to make as many ingots as I can in the few hours I have left? If I don't finish making the ingots (run out of coins....), I assume I'll lose them if I "give" them within the 24 hour period and then don't buy the rest with gems before the time is up. If I keep them and skip this step, can I use them for any other quest? I've never seen them before. Basically, I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth my time to try to get as many ingots as possible and then buy the rest with gems, or if I should just skip this step. Thanks much! I'm a level 25.

NorthWoodsKingdom
02-27-15, 08:22 AM
So, I started making the auctioneer's ingots with only 10 hours left because I was stupid and didn't read all of the forum talk ahead of time. I had initially thought that the whole quest would end in 24 hours and I don't have enough coin to finish it (and, at the time, only one magic forge). I have since learned that it is worth trying to make it through this whole quest since only a few steps are timed. So, now I'm in a quandary...do I try to make as many ingots as I can in the few hours I have left? If I don't finish making the ingots (run out of coins....), I assume I'll lose them if I "give" them within the 24 hour period and then don't buy the rest with gems before the time is up. If I keep them and skip this step, can I use them for any other quest? I've never seen them before. Basically, I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth my time to try to get as many ingots as possible and then buy the rest with coins, or if I should just skip this step. Thanks much! I'm a level 25.
Coins are a high commodity for players at your level. I'd skip it, especially if you have less than 10 hours left (it takes a full 10 hrs, checking 2 forges every 30 mins to complete this timed step).
Ingots have not been used in the game for any other quest since this one was first released, over a year ago. Maybe make one just to have a souvenir, but if I were you, I'd let it time out. You can still get the pink sapphires from mines & chopping rocks after this step expires. Good luck! :)

robotparade
02-27-15, 09:10 AM
IBasically, I'm just trying to figure out if it is worth my time to try to get as many ingots as possible and then buy the rest with gems, or if I should just skip this step. Thanks much! I'm a level 25.

I apologize for asking a question that may be perceived as 'dumb' by more experienced players. I am out of town this weekend and won't have wifi. I think I can get the 40 ingots today before I leave town. Should I go for it? Will I have time to complete everything else before 3/9? Sorry, just not understanding the timing on this quet

readysetgo888
02-27-15, 09:12 AM
I can't go back and read every single post, so it may have been said already, but I will post it here just in case.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE STEP 2 (the timed magic forge crafting step). If you don't have 200,000 coins or enough time, IGNORE IT COMPLETELY. You can move on to the next step once it expires.

orleansparish
02-27-15, 09:14 AM
That's not cool at all. So what if people already have one. Everyone should be able to participate. There are no goals to do and game is getting boring.

We just had goals. They sucked because they took our should have been free prize. But they were goals all the same. One week with repeats and the game is boring? Dragon used to have the most cranky players. That's easily been passed onto castle. Even with all the dumb things to does on occasion.

bozotc19
02-27-15, 09:15 AM
oK...lets beat a dead horse

To get 40 ingots in 24 is ludicrous...I don't understand why this was timed or at least given 48 hours to complete. Even if one could check their game every 30 minutes it is still impossible given the fact that 4 hours of sleep would benefit most game players. I realize now that it is impossible, but I have already given 15 ingots to Ivy which will be deleted when the 24 hour timer is up. What a waste of time and money. Does TL even think this though?

mamareader02
02-27-15, 09:16 AM

My thoughts exactly,no need to even open game:(

orleansparish
02-27-15, 09:18 AM

You lucky pumpkins. I have 3 pinkies and five regular alicorns. I rarely collect from the pink ones now because they always gave useless energy. Seeing this, I may check them more. But the most I've gotten is five. Stingy brats.

MsMelanieMonster
02-27-15, 09:28 AM
Tht is a good trick...thanx ladyperidot...

Sorry Lady! I didn't see you had already posted this information! Great minds think alike? :)

LuvsHorror
02-27-15, 10:04 AM
Thanks for all the info, I forged the zingots, but will wait out other timed goals. Looking forward to this winged beast everyone seems to want so badly!

PrincessCupOButter
02-27-15, 10:34 AM
"I can't go back and read every single post, so it may have been said already, but I will post it here just in case.

YOU DO NOT HAVE TO COMPLETE STEP 2 (the timed magic forge crafting step). If you don't have 200,000 coins or enough time, IGNORE IT COMPLETELY. You can move on to the next step once it expires.

---------------------------------

It has been said before. In the very first post, and repeatedly throughout the thread. But apparently it needs to be said again. And again. And again. Which is why I thank you for your post.

Seriously, do it or skip it, you can still eventually get the pink alicorn. For higher level players, the ingots are totally doable. (Mine are done with time to spare and I did sleep) For lower level....let it expire, the goal will be there for you later, as you collect supplies at your convenience. I'm thinking of letting the third timed goal expire myself...simply because I have tons of enchanters essence, not so many bones. And do I really want to harvest that many mushrooms? Nah, I think it's energy I could best use elsewhere.

My apologies to readysetgo the quote didn't show up in my post so I had to c/p.

MsMelanieMonster
02-27-15, 11:10 AM
Can we start a new thread moving forward? Pink Alicorn Tips Only for those doing the quest? Post the pertinent information- you can complete the quest without doing the timed goals, pink crystals can be found in rocks after the 24hr quest expires, ect...I'd start it myself but don't have access to a typewriter. People will be looking when they get desperate and time is running out. I also think it would help with the answers people aren't seeing because of other posts.

Rokaxinkh
02-27-15, 11:37 AM
pink crystals can be found easily from rock outcropping, I ve found near twenties in two rocks within two hours. so, let the 24hr quest expire then move on to step 3 is a better choice if u have not much time and money to waste.

CharmOfLea
02-27-15, 11:43 AM
Can we start a new thread moving forward? Pink Alicorn Tips Only for those doing the quest? Post the pertinent information- you can complete the quest without doing the timed goals, pink crystals can be found in rocks after the 24hr quest expires, ect...I'd start it myself but don't have access to a typewriter. People will be looking when they get desperate and time is running out. I also think it would help with the answers people aren't seeing because of other posts.

No need. Always read the SECOND post of the quest threads. ALL quest info is there.

deejud
02-27-15, 12:34 PM
Do I lose all the ingots that I have made when the time is up? I won't get more than 35 made in the time left.

tigarlilyvol
02-27-15, 01:06 PM
Do I lose all the ingots that I have made when the time is up? I won't get more than 35 made in the time left.

If you have pushed the give button, they are gone for good.

zaccy678
02-27-15, 01:30 PM
Aaagggh I just realised I'm going to be 10 minutes short :mad: :mad: :mad:

Guess I'll have to cough up some gems for the last 2, no way I'm not going to get that sapphire after waking up twice in the night to collect :D

88silver
02-27-15, 01:30 PM
For those that have crafted pink feathers (either last year or this year), about how many feathers do you get per crafting? I have 15 red dye already made, so I'm thinking it might be better to not make the axes (saving my iron ore) and use the red dye to make all 50 feathers myself. Not only does the silver frame on the next step use a lot of iron, but I've also got the "Enchanted Minerals" quest sitting for me to make two enchanted iron bars.

bookadey
02-27-15, 01:50 PM
Iron rich rocks are a good source for ore. They are pricey @ $5200 each but worth it if you need a lot of ore quickly. Crops are a good way to raise coins if you're needing coins to buy the rocks - I usually do tomatoes or strawberrys for quick money. The strawberries can be used in energy trade to get back some energy used.

I just finished the Auctioneers goal and got 1 pink Sapphire. Then I chopped an iron Rick rock pile and got 2 more. For the $5200 spent I got twice as many Sapphires than working my rear off for the auction goal (and spending $150,000!) For those that haven't done the gold bars - I would buy the rock piles instead, wait for the goal to expire and chop those.

Ooops - just checked inventory and I have 2 pink sapphire crystals from the iron rich rocks - not large ones. So I got 2 of the needed 50 from the iron rich rocks.

zaccy678
02-27-15, 02:02 PM
Ooops - just checked inventory and I have 2 pink sapphire crystals from the iron rich rocks - not large ones. So I got 2 of the needed 50 from the iron rich rocks.

Yes you only get crystals from the rock not sapphires.
The sapphire is ground up to make crystals

possibilitys
02-27-15, 02:59 PM
Does anyone know where to get bones?
They are needed for steps 3 and 6.

88silver
02-27-15, 03:06 PM
For anyone debating if they should get the large sapphire: When I ground up my sapphire, I got 37 crystals. You need 50. So it gets you a lot of the way there, but I'll still have to collect from mines and chop rocks to get some.

SpiritWind00
02-27-15, 03:33 PM

This thread MUST stay on topic. It is very difficult to help those players with genuine questions when there are off topic comments and posts going on.

Please note that Kooky and I will remove ALL posts made off topic out of this thread. This is in line with the forum rules and policies outlined in The Hub.

I've caught up and read all of the posts made here, and there still seems to be ongoing questions about Timing. I'll add some clarity to post 2. For those who want to continue to help those players who get to participate in this goal and if there are more questions about this, please just keep refer to the player's question back to post 2. There is no need to say it's been asked and answered. Simply refer back to post 2 for the answer.

Thank you for your cooperation.
SW.

SpiritWind00
02-27-15, 03:46 PM

Bone
Found: fangbeast, trolls, Ivy's hut, troll pit, troll castle

PurpleScorpion76
02-27-15, 03:47 PM

Monsters drop them, Spooky Tree, Pepe, I think Troll Pit, Kaz's house.

scotslassuk
02-27-15, 03:50 PM
Can you tell us is it 10iron ore each hammer?? Trying to collect my items so I have enough tnx

SpiritWind00
02-27-15, 03:51 PM
Can you tell us is it 10 iron ore each hammer?? Trying to collect my items so I have enough tnx

Yes, that's correct. 10 for each one.

UPDATE TO POST 2: TO MAKE IT EASIER FOR PLAYERS, I'VE ADDED IN ALL OF THE PHOTOS FROM THE 2014 GOAL. I HOPE THIS HELPS! :)

scotslassuk
02-27-15, 04:11 PM
Ty so much for all your help........shame there seems to be a lot off negitivity abt this update because its a re release well am thankful for it as I love to see the pink alicorn in others kingdoms now in a short while I will have one also TYVM TL❤����

ronirp
02-27-15, 04:15 PM
Lots of iron needed here
20 for step 3 - for the lathe
100 for step 4 (which is timed) - for the axes
60 for step 5 for the silver frame

orleansparish
02-27-15, 04:41 PM
Lots of iron needed here
20 for step 3 - for the lathe
100 for step 4 (which is timed) - for the axes
60 for step 5 for the silver frame

Do you need a neighbor? I can send two a day to help out. Maybe 3. I don't have regular gifting folks.

Mimi_Tan
02-27-15, 04:51 PM
Just 2 brief questions:

1) Are we ought to craft new stout axes for timed step 4 or it's possible to give some already pre-made from the storage (I think people might have few spare from previous quests)?

2) How exactly rare is that mysterious prism? Should players with 0 dark formations in their ownership (like me) spend gems on that purchase from the store or mines can help us out?

midsom
02-27-15, 04:56 PM
Kooky or SW

Just once more for this dummy, if I dont do the axes or the essence timed goals and just let them expire, I can just carry on with rest once the timer has run out on those two and I can still get the unicorn. Sorry to need this repeated but there are so many different versions floating around I need it in words of one syllable or less, thanks in advance.

Edited because i cant find my glasses and my typing sux

possibilitys
02-27-15, 05:05 PM
Thank you SW and PurpleScorpion.

SpiritWind00
02-27-15, 05:07 PM
Kooky or SW

Just once more for this dummy, if I dont do the axes or the essence timed goals and just let them expire, I can just carry on with rest once the timer has run out on those two and I can still get the unicorn. Sorry to need this repeated but there are so many different versions floating around I need it in words of one syllable or less, thanks in advance.
:) if you don't craft the axes, yes you will just continue to get feathers using other means. I guess it's a toss up of what you have more of... lots of iron ore to get the axes quickly, or taking your time with 1 red dye, 20 white petals. Energy wise (collecting petals, especially red ones which if you don't have the red trillium flower or hedge or similar) silver is probably easier.

If you stop just before you finish at step 3. Faux Real and then gather your supplies for the axes.

Just 2 brief questions:

1) Are we ought to craft new stout axes for timed step 4 or it's possible to give some already pre-made from the storage (I think people might have few spare from previous quests)?

2) How exactly rare is that mysterious prism? Should players with 0 dark formations in their ownership (like me) spend gems on that purchase from the store or mines can help us out?

just checking out answer, be right back!
1. the goal says "GIVE", so what is in inventory will count.
2. the prism is random... some got it straight away and others waited a week for it to drop.

NO! DON'T BUY A DARK CAVE FORMATION... some did and got nothing. I got mine from the sparking mine if I remember correctly. (edit, no I didn't! found my post from back then which says: "A lot of my neighbours got their prism from a sparkling mine. I got mine yesterday from my L5 deep mine. I had a DCF in my inventory, bashed it and got nothing. I would just be concentrating on collecting from all of your mines rather than spend gems on the prism.")

aarr, still sage advice! lol

possibilitys
02-27-15, 05:07 PM
Do you need a neighbor? I can send two a day to help out. Maybe 3. I don't have regular gifting folks.

Thanks, I'll send you an invite.

possibilitys
02-27-15, 05:10 PM
Bone
Found: fangbeast, trolls, Ivy's hut, troll pit, troll castle

Thank you SW and PurpleScorpion.

midsom
02-27-15, 05:22 PM
Thanks SW that makes a lot of sense, silver it is then, I am off to chop rocks, I got six hours to go till the horn is finished.

SpiritWind00
02-27-15, 05:32 PM
Thanks SW that makes a lot of sense, silver it is then, I am off to chop rocks, I got six hours to go till the horn is finished.

hold off collecting your horn if you don't have the (wrote silver, meant iron ore) if you're going down that path.... if you collect it will trigger the next goal.

I'M SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU DOING THIS GOAL!!! it was a lot of fun. :)

zaccy678
02-27-15, 05:38 PM
I'M SO EXCITED FOR ALL OF YOU DOING THIS GOAL!!! it was a lot of fun. :)

I was just thinking that it is a lot of fun, with the balance of fast and slower goals!!
:o:D

zaccy678
02-27-15, 05:43 PM
hold off collecting your horn if you don't have the silver if you're going down that path.... if you collect it will trigger the next goal.

Don't you mean iron?? Iron is needed for the timed goal, not silver, right? Iron for the axes??

OOPS - Yes, iron ore not silver. I've modified my previous posts... have too many screens opened doing too many things at once! :) SW

PraxisOfGood
02-27-15, 05:48 PM
Yes, you need a total of 100 iron ore and 10 wood beams for the axes in stage 4. You do need 90 silver (and another 60 iron ore, among other things) for stage 5, but that isn't timed.

I'm wondering what veterans think about stage 6, trading 150 mushrooms, 100 sap, 50 purple petals, and 50 bones for ten enchanter essences. Because I'm wondering if the normal recipe of 50 each of glimmerdust, water, and mermaid scales isn't cheaper than hoarding all that sap and letting my wood production get out of whack.

LuvsHorror
02-27-15, 05:54 PM
The mercurial challenge gives us enchanters essence, do we have to do that one if we are already loaded with it?

LuvsHorror
02-27-15, 05:58 PM
hold off collecting your horn if you don't have the (wrote silver, meant iron ore) if you're going down that path.... if you collect it will trigger the next goal.

Thank you!

SpiritWind00
02-27-15, 06:00 PM
The mercurial challenge gives us enchanters essence, do we have to do that one if we are already loaded with it?

no, if you have lots of essence you don't need to do it. When we did this a year ago, essence was new(ish), so getting 10 from the goal was a huge deal.

LiquidSnob
02-27-15, 06:02 PM
I have a question for all the collectors out there. I've started to try taking my time with each goal and collect some souvenirs along the way. This goal seems built to make that impossible. With 50 Pink Sapphire Crystals and 1 Lathe being the inventory maximum, I can't work out how I might get one extra horn, lathe, and some crystals. Am I missing something?

Have a look at the posts around this one - yes it's possible, but it's tricky! SW :) (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?65081-Castle-Story-02-06-2014-Pink-Alicorn-LIMITED&p=845230&viewfull=1#post845230)

zaccy678
02-27-15, 06:08 PM
I have a question for all the collectors out there. I've started to try taking my time with each goal and collect some souvenirs along the way. This goal seems built to make that impossible. With 50 Pink Sapphire Crystals and 1 Lathe being the inventory maximum, I can't work out how I might get one extra horn, lathe, and some crystals. Am I missing something?

You would have to craft 2 lathes at once. I actually did it accidentally :o
Not sure about the crystals yet...

musegloria
02-27-15, 06:09 PM
So, here’s my real question … miniLaura or PikaSquirrel, can you help to answer this?
In my game, the timer expired for the auction to get the pink sapphire. I’ll be collecting from the mines and rocks. Will I still need the lathe, or is it only needed if I have the pink sapphire? I see the lathe as an option in my workshop, but think it will be useless. Thanks!

I had only “given” 2 of the ingots that I had crafted, out of 6, and the cost was still only 40 gems to “finish” the goal and get the pink sapphire. Seems odd to have such a high gem price within the goal, and so much less to just wait it out and get it afterwards, especially when getting the end result, the shards, appears to be so easy.

I’m sad to have lost the coins, even though I have 4 ingots in my storage. miniLaura said that there is currently no other plans in the foreseeable future (think 9 months probably) for them to be useful for anything else, so money is wasted.

SpiritWind00
02-27-15, 06:16 PM
MiniLaura is no longer a Mod and cannot help you. I write up all of the information you see in post 2. You do not have to read for hours and hours - only the first post or 2 on each main thread to get all the information you need.

Yes you need the lathe to make the horn. It's one of the 3 items required to make the horn.

The rule is this: there are timed bits which require a lot of resources - don't do them... they are optional and not required as the goal reward can be found in other places once the timed step ends.

zaccy678
02-27-15, 06:17 PM
It's all on page 1 of this thread. If you look at the Faux Real goal, yes you need a lathe to make the horn, not just to grind the sapphire.

ladyperidot
02-27-15, 07:07 PM
Sorry Lady! I didn't see you had already posted this information! Great minds think alike? :)

Yep, LOL. I did end up buying some at 4 gems each as a crisis came up at work and I knew I wouldn't make home before it expired. Now happily grinding!

tuffyjkitten
02-27-15, 08:12 PM

I waited until I started crafting the horn and then chopping rocks allowed me to collect more pink crystals. The ability to craft should stay until the horn is completed, all the options to craft are still there in my second workshop. That's how other goals seem to have worked.

bookadey
02-27-15, 09:42 PM
My horn is crafting now and pink crystals are still dropping from mines - for my souvenir :)
I want to save my inventory so not making another lathe.

anurulz
02-28-15, 03:59 AM
i finished the first timed goal...thinking of skipping the one with 10 axes...iron is too precious and scanty in my queendom...will manage the petals..thanx to all for the very helpful info...

AnniePMH
02-28-15, 08:49 AM
I waited until I started crafting the horn and then chopping rocks allowed me to collect more pink crystals. The ability to craft should stay until the horn is completed, all the options to craft are still there in my second workshop. That's how other goals seem to have worked.

Yes, that's the way it's working with both Pink sapphire, lathe, and horn. No problem to make an extra of those things, although a lot of resources or gems needed and maybe not to recommend for newer rulers since you need the resources for other goals too...:) The goals seem to work well so far, without any confusion reported...;)

tuffyjkitten
02-28-15, 09:51 AM
i finished the first timed goal...thinking of skipping the one with 10 axes...iron is too precious and scanty in my queendom...will manage the petals..thanx to all for the very helpful info...

I haven't decided yet on this one. I have to work all day tomorrow so I may skip it since I won't be able to check in regularly on the axe crafting.

I was going to do the goal for enchanters essence since I'm always short on mermaid scales but I just checked and I have 92 of them somehow. Started crafting essence and will probably end up skipping it. I already had 14 enchanters essence because my cauldron has dropped several this week.

PraxisOfGood
02-28-15, 09:53 AM

I'm feeling like it will depend a lot on how many feathers come out of each recipe. At 26 red petals per shot, I feel like it will be easier to replenish my iron supplies then wait for my romantic gazebo and one trillium. It'll be over a day until I'll need to make the decision, but I'm leaning towards making the axes.

AnniePMH
02-28-15, 10:13 AM
I'm feeling like it will depend a lot on how many feathers come out of each recipe. At 26 red petals per shot, I feel like it will be easier to replenish my iron supplies then wait for my romantic gazebo and one trillium. It'll be over a day until I'll need to make the decision, but I'm leaning towards making the axes.

About 5 feathers per batch, I believe.

alexsjusa
02-28-15, 11:04 AM

So is this just to collect items as souvenir or will you be able to get more than one alicorn?

LuvsHorror
02-28-15, 11:16 AM
I've started making a second lathe. Will I get away with this and make a second alicorn possibly?

CharmOfLea
02-28-15, 11:20 AM
So is this just to collect items as souvenir or will you be able to get more than one alicorn?

I've started making a second lathe. Will I get away with this and make a second alicorn possibly?

Completing the quest earns you 1 pink Ali. Extra items gathered/crafted during the quest are only souvenirs.

possibilitys
02-28-15, 01:01 PM

What step requires 26 red petals per shot? I can't seem to find it. I will start hoarding red petals if needed. Thank you to all for your help and useful information.

zaccy678
02-28-15, 01:17 PM
What step requires 26 red petals per shot? I can't seem to find it. I will start hoarding red petals if needed. Thank you to all for your help and useful information.

Hmm, think it's actually 6 red petals for the dye, plus 20 white petals to make the feathers.
Not 26 red petals, thankfully! :D

I'm giving the axes a shot, got my 99 iron and 10 beams lined up!

possibilitys
02-28-15, 01:51 PM
Thank you so much for the clarification.

zaccy678
02-28-15, 02:18 PM
No worries :o

PraxisOfGood
02-28-15, 02:21 PM
Sorry about that, I wrote red petals in my notes :blush: And I was wondering how the feathers would turn out pink with nothing but red ingredients....

I still think I'm going to do the axes. I'd rather gather up iron ore over the next day and blow it than 200 white petals which I can't have ready in advance.

zaccy678
02-28-15, 03:04 PM
Yes, a red alicorn would be a bit scary looking, wouldn't it??:D

Maybe give him 2 horns instead of 1 (Devilcorn??) for the Halloweeen update :cool: :D :D

scotslassuk
02-28-15, 03:20 PM
Ok sorry to be thick here lol but is that 99silver per wing? If so that's totally outrageous max you can hold is 99 and that takes forever to accumulate can you clarify plz tnx very much

zaccy678
02-28-15, 03:43 PM
Ok sorry to be thick here lol but is that 99silver per wing? If so that's totally outrageous max you can hold is 99 and that takes forever to accumulate can you clarify plz tnx very much

Do you mean for the silver frame?
It says craft a Pink Wing so I'm pretty sure we only need to make one. :D
And it's 90 silver for the frame.

scotslassuk
02-28-15, 03:45 PM
Yes for the frame. That's what I thought but so many nbrs r saying you need to do it twice that's why I asked question. Ty for answering so quickly��

zaccy678
02-28-15, 03:46 PM
Ohh... We'll maybe a mod can confirm then???

SpiritWind00
02-28-15, 03:56 PM
Thankfully, it's just 1 silver frame...... it's magical you know! :)

LuvsHorror
02-28-15, 04:15 PM
How do you get feathers after the timed goal runs out?

SpiritWind00
02-28-15, 04:19 PM
How do you get feathers after the timed goal runs out?

You craft them in the workshop with red dye and white petals. Multi drop...

Info in post 2 :)

LuvsHorror
02-28-15, 04:55 PM
You craft them in the workshop with red dye and white petals. Multi drop...

Info in post 2 :)

Thank you and sorry about repetative question. Hard to find answers with so many complaints taking up all the space. ;)

alexsjusa
02-28-15, 06:00 PM
Thanks for clearing that up! Bummer lol!! Won't waste resources on items you will never use again!

zaccy678
02-28-15, 06:47 PM
Thankfully, it's just 1 silver frame...... it's magical you know! :)

Oh of course!! :o

Thanks SW

GBeesHive
02-28-15, 07:07 PM
Thank you TL - I am really enjoying doing this goal in my second (level 37) realm. It's a little chaotic over there right now - Griselda has just moved in, I am waiting for enough resources to make a fiery potion to hatch a dragon egg, and now I am about to collect a pink horn.

I don't remember working this hard in my first realm, but maybe I've just forgotten!

I didn't plan to run two copies of the game - I just didn't bother to read the instructions on transferring when I got a new phone ...

Have fun everyone!

reliquary
02-28-15, 08:28 PM
Heya!
Does anyone know if the Prism can drop before the goal "follow the rainbow"

Or does it only become a random drop when you get to goal 7?

Notes say it can take up to 2 weeks to get a deep mine or dk. formation to drop it.....what was your experence?

SpiritWind00
02-28-15, 08:33 PM
Like all goals, no it won't drop before, but you could be very lucky and have more than 1 prism! Chop chop!

anurulz
02-28-15, 10:19 PM
Sorry about that, I wrote red petals in my notes :blush: And I was wondering how the feathers would turn out pink with nothing but red ingredients....

I still think I'm going to do the axes. I'd rather gather up iron ore over the next day and blow it than 200 white petals which I can't have ready in advance.

I personally feel replenishing white petals is easier..i start having iron in single digits after finishing a batch of 5 longswords itself...to each his or her own i guess...i can manage the 100 sap so will defo do the next timed goal..coz mermaid scales are also a rarity for me..but the axes, am gonna skip..almost done with my horn now...

MsMelanieMonster
02-28-15, 10:42 PM

I'm thinking the same thing! To give up 100 iron and then need 60 more seems crazy! I probably will do the timed goal for enchanters essence though- used a ton on the gazebo!

PurpleScorpion76
03-01-15, 03:24 AM
Heya!

Notes say it can take up to 2 weeks to get a deep mine or dk. formation to drop it.....what was your experence?

I've been playing the game since May, have adventured to dark cave pretty much once a week since I was able to - excluding world event adventures etc, have received a maximum of 5 in that time. So that's say 8 months of that adventure being available 5/6 adventures a month 40-45 adventures to dark caves so say every 9 days as an average?

reliquary is talking about the prism dropping from a mine or DCF,... :) SW

AnniePMH
03-01-15, 05:50 AM
Heya!
Does anyone know if the Prism can drop before the goal "follow the rainbow"

Or does it only become a random drop when you get to goal 7?

Prism dropped after about 20 collections from Sparkling Mine.

PurpleScorpion76
03-01-15, 07:09 AM
I've been playing the game since May, have adventured to dark cave pretty much once a week since I was able to - excluding world event adventures etc, have received a maximum of 5 in that time. So that's say 8 months of that adventure being available 5/6 adventures a month 40-45 adventures to dark caves so say every 9 days as an average?

reliquary is talking about the prism dropping from a mine or DCF,... :) SW

Lol! Sorry misread.

scotslassuk
03-01-15, 07:53 AM
Ty so much for confirming its only the once 😃

bookadey
03-01-15, 09:55 AM
For those that need iron - iron rich rock in the market drops iron with every chop (8 total) so it's easier to replenish if you can afford the $5200 price tag for each.

PurpleScorpion76
03-01-15, 11:29 AM
For those that need iron - iron rich rock in the market drops iron with every chop (8 total) so it's easier to replenish if you can afford the $5200 price tag for each.

I agree I've already pretty much replinished my stock, silver on the otherhand is going to take some doing, but then I am also making jewelled hairpins and faerie offerings! Lol!

bookadey
03-01-15, 11:47 AM
I know! Silver is one of things I'm either maxed on or have none!

possibilitys
03-01-15, 06:27 PM
Prism dropped after about 20 collections from Sparkling Mine.

For me, the prism dropped after 15 collections from dark cave formation. Now I'm hoping to get more than one when I collect from the mines.

In my 2nd kingdom, the prism dropped after 7 collections from the dark cave formation. Whew! I thought I'd be chopping rocks for days! Thank you!