View Full Version : Mining Dragon: Scarab Dragon 2-24-15 LIMITED

LonePudding
02-24-15, 04:04 PM
New dragon in the mine!
Green and Red
Super Rare

Mine 200 Scarab Talismans to craft her!
http://i59.tinypic.com/20h84dj.jpg

Mining Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide&p=953851&viewfull=1#post953851)

zyfazix
02-24-15, 04:53 PM
52 Scarabs so far from stored bombs.
If my theory about coin earn rates and rarity is correct it should give 3360 /hour at level 10 (if it is 420 /hour at level 1)

LonePudding
02-24-15, 05:37 PM
50 pieces for me. Might try and aim for 2 even though I can just sell the duplicate because I already have a ruby and forest dragon. I think pharoah and this should've been an Egyptian type.

Natasha_07
02-24-15, 05:59 PM
I want her! I love Egyptian theme stuff. :o

redstar177
02-24-15, 06:20 PM
It really should have been Egyptian. Red/Green makes no sense for this one...

All the same, I do like it a lot!

I have no idea how you all are able to craft 2 dragons, I evolve constantly and I just barely managed to get Sandstorm...

cocauina
02-24-15, 06:23 PM
It really should have been Egyptian. Red/Green makes no sense for this one...

All the same, I do like it a lot!

I have no idea how you all are able to craft 2 dragons, I evolve constantly and I just barely managed to get Sandstorm...

This is the second dragon that Tl creates for the Mine and the types choosen doesn't make sense at all.

Pharaoh was the first one, and it was a yellow/blue dragon, now this one, Scarab.

I don't understand why TL doesn't use other types besides the basic ones, the Platinum Dragon was a metal/light dragon.

LonePudding
02-24-15, 06:29 PM

Sometimes I ask myself the same thing :p I can reach max bombs in about 4-5 days of constant evolving. 25 bombs gets me 50-65 pieces. So in 16 days (half a month) I could already have 200 bombs. It's very tight for me getting 2 dragons, but I guess a little gold spent on speeding some dragons' time in the temple helps a bit ;)

PernReloaded
02-24-15, 07:25 PM
44 pieces and going strong.

PeanutsAE
02-25-15, 11:07 AM
I "became of age/level" sometime in the middle of mining for opals, so I got 58. I got as far as 175 pieces for Sand, which was really frustrating. I think I am not even going to start mining until I have at least 150 bombs. Do we know when the time for this dragon is going to be up?

PeanutsAE
02-25-15, 11:10 AM

I am evolving all the time too, but did not manage to get all the pieces. Does the level of the evolved dragon play a role in the number of bombs we get?

kooky panda
02-25-15, 11:23 AM
Does the level of the evolved dragon play a role in the number of bombs we get?

no.....

kooky panda
02-25-15, 11:24 AM
I "became of age/level" sometime in the middle of mining for opals, so I got 58. I got as far as 175 pieces for Sand, which was really frustrating. I think I am not even going to start mining until I have at least 150 bombs. Do we know when the time for this dragon is going to be up?
25 is max bombs you can hold at anyone time.

PepperWoo
02-25-15, 11:26 AM

I am evolving all the time too, but did not manage to get all the pieces. Does the level of the evolved dragon play a role in the number of bombs we get?

You can't store 150 bombs. The max number of bombs one can store is 25. The level of the dragon to be evolved is not of concern, but it takes 4 hours to get 1 bomb so if you're evolving a 12-hr dragon, you get 3 bombs. Maybe the reason you did not manage to get all pieces although you're evolving all the time is because you missed getting the bombs from the dragons you're evolving. Once you reach 25 bombs in storage, you won't receive them anymore when you're evolving so use those bombs regularly.

maizee0404
02-25-15, 05:01 PM
Who has the accounts that u cant evolve till level 6? And what is your secret? I was 18 pieces off the last dragon grr!! I want this one..tbh honest i only get 2 pieces 3 if im lucky on mining :(

Natasha_07
02-25-15, 05:34 PM
So far only 42 pieces, hope I make it in time. I never get enough pieces in time, last time was short 6 pieces only. :(

Any tips please ?

belbar22
02-25-15, 06:10 PM
Who has the accounts that u cant evolve till level 6? And what is your secret? I was 18 pieces off the last dragon grr!! I want this one..tbh honest i only get 2 pieces 3 if im lucky on mining :(

Me. I only evolve at 6 and 9. I buy loads of water dragons or use island fails which I have had a lot of recently and level to 7. It is a waste of food but there is no way of getting the mining dragons otherwise. Using this strategy I have got into the pattern of getting the mining dragon in about 2 and a half weeks and using the rest of the time to build my bombs back up to 25. With tourney and event dragons and the odd new dragon that I breed I usually only have to evolve about 7 or 8 waters.

roguebee
02-25-15, 07:05 PM
I tend to evolve some of my fails up to level 4 to trade them for gems. That helps to keep the evolution temple busy full time. I'll generally get the mining dragon in about three weeks.

Kennedward
02-25-15, 07:51 PM
10 pieces so far

PepperWoo
02-25-15, 08:24 PM
Ouch, evolving dragons for trading only at level 6 must be a pain! Think of all those extra apples you guys have to use. :eek:

Natasha_07
02-25-15, 09:03 PM
Ouch, evolving dragons for trading only at level 6 must be a pain! Think of all those extra apples you guys have to use. :eek:

That's why I stop trading since over a week ago, wasting apples which can be used for the ones I have on level 8.

I have around 230,000 but still...

PernReloaded
02-25-15, 09:26 PM
I admit, I havent had an issue having plenty of dragons to evolve to level 4 or 6 @.@ though in the slow times when I've finished mining for a dragon I will grow enough food to Epic a few.

PepperWoo
02-26-15, 01:30 AM
That's why I stop trading since over a week ago, wasting apples which can be used for the ones I have on level 8.

I have around 230,000 but still...

Take the most expensive food cost pattern for example: raising a dragon to lvl 4 costs 1,000 food versus lvl 6 at 6,250 food! It's crazy... makes me feel so thankful that I'm not one of those who evolve at 6 and 9. I hope I don't ever get to cross over. Sure it means one less evolution needed but also 1/3 less bombs. XD

maizee0404
02-26-15, 02:52 AM
Think this is what im gna have to do then iv got so many parts in storage for past mining dragons..hate missing out on them :( thanks ppl :)

Tealantern
02-26-15, 02:58 AM

Like others have said, the maximum number of bombs you can have is 25. It stops at 25 even if you continue evolving. I found out the hard way when I evolved a quite a few virtues and my bomb counter didn't go beyond the 25 bombs. Since then I have always checked my mine bomb count before evolving. I have lost out on so many bombs in the past lol

hon3ycomb
02-26-15, 03:25 AM
Like others have said, the maximum number of bombs you can have is 25. It stops at 25 even if you continue evolving. I found out the hard way when I evolved a quite a few virtues and my bomb counter didn't go beyond the 25 bombs. Since then I have always checked my mine bomb count before evolving. I have lost out on so many bombs in the past lol

I was saving them as i kept evolving and didnt even notice! How sad ;(

belbar22
02-26-15, 08:24 AM

I know, it makes me want to weep sometimes. I used to be able to get dragons to epic, but not anymore cos I waste so many apples.

Kennedward
02-26-15, 06:48 PM
Got 15 pieces now

Mythdefied
02-28-15, 01:03 PM
50 pieces, 1/4 of the way there! I know the odds are against me and I was so close on the last one, but I'm going to keep trying.

kimandamelia
02-28-15, 05:39 PM
Is there any idea of how much longer we have to get this? Or how long do we typically have?

cocauina
02-28-15, 05:54 PM
Is there any idea of how much longer we have to get this? Or how long do we typically have?

Normally the mining dragons, stay in the game for 4 weeks, so probably we have until 24th of March.

Kennedward
02-28-15, 07:49 PM
25 pieces now

kimandamelia
02-28-15, 11:38 PM
Normally the mining dragons, stay in the game for 4 weeks, so probably we have until 24th of March.

Thank you. This seems attainable, except for the fact that i crash almost every time I go into the mine! Which of course takes my bomb as well as anything I had found! So frustrating! Does this happen to anyone else? I sent two ingame messages to TL, but have not got a response. I just had three pieces found in 1 bomb and lost everything! GRRRRRRRRR!

PernReloaded
02-28-15, 11:55 PM
83 Pieces

@ Kemandamelia - that is DEFINITELY a glitch, and not a common one. I hope TL gets back to you soon; they really aren't in offices on weekends, so try again on Monday!

redstar177
03-01-15, 12:38 PM
Thank you. This seems attainable, except for the fact that i crash almost every time I go into the mine! Which of course takes my bomb as well as anything I had found! So frustrating! Does this happen to anyone else? I sent two ingame messages to TL, but have not got a response. I just had three pieces found in 1 bomb and lost everything! GRRRRRRRRR!

This happens to me often. What I do before trying to mine is exit the game entirely, **** all applications, then turn on Wi-Fi. Once I've done that, I re-enter the game and go straight to the mine. I don't battle, or plant, or anything because the more things I try to do seems to make it crash more.

You could also try re-installing (I haven't tried this yet.) Good luck! :)

Kennedward
03-01-15, 02:02 PM
32 pieces

PeanutsAE
03-02-15, 04:44 AM
This happens to me often. What I do before trying to mine is exit the game entirely, **** all applications, then turn on Wi-Fi. Once I've done that, I re-enter the game and go straight to the mine. I don't battle, or plant, or anything because the more things I try to do seems to make it crash more.

Yup, crashing is a big problem, but it seems to be better when you enter the application and go directly to the mine. I also clean (de-junk) memory before I go in.

Thanks to all who have replied to my post, I was not aware of the fact that you can only have 25 bombs - that can be the reason I did not get the last one, as I just could not be bothered with mining and crashing all the time, so it can even be that I evolved some dragons without getting any bombs. Will pay attention to it now!

PeanutsAE
03-02-15, 04:44 AM

Do let us know if TL contact you back! I'd love to know what they say about that, as I too have lost numerous pieces through crashes :(

bexrexbex
03-02-15, 08:08 AM

This happens to me all the time! It is very frustrating! Makes me balk at going into the mine until I have to, because I'm afraid I don't have perfect conditions (Wi-fi connected, decent battery life, phone not over-heated) and I'm going to lose precious bombs!

sha62o
03-02-15, 08:28 AM
This happens to me all the time! It is very frustrating! Makes me balk at going into the mine until I have to, because I'm afraid I don't have perfect conditions (Wi-fi connected, decent battery life, phone not over-heated) and I'm going to lose precious bombs!

This happens to me also in DS and FF I find if I click the x to close the mine after every mine I use it stops it happening.

PepperWoo
03-06-15, 10:59 PM
Crafting this one now. :)

Mythdefied
03-07-15, 11:44 AM
105 pieces. I don't know if I'll be able to make it with only a couple weeks left. It took so long just to get this many. I'll keep trying though.

zyfazix
03-07-15, 12:50 PM
If you're having trouble getting a lot of pieces per bomb you can refer to the mining guide which is somewhere on the forum. It's very helpful

bexrexbex
03-09-15, 10:20 AM
How many pieces do people get on average per bomb? I find I usually get 2, sometimes get 1, 3 or 0, and got 4 once. Is this generally how it goes?

kooky panda
03-09-15, 10:52 AM
(http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide&p=953851&viewfull=1#post953851)

Mining Guide (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?72394-Dragon-Story-Mining-Guide&p=953851&viewfull=1#post953851)

ndtrance
03-09-15, 11:33 AM
How many pieces do people get on average per bomb? I find I usually get 2, sometimes get 1, 3 or 0, and got 4 once. Is this generally how it goes?

Yup, I get 1-3 pieces on average, 4 on a good day. I got 5 once when I hit the refill button by accident. I'm around 175 pieces now but so many of my neighbors crafted this that I feel behind.

saghaven
03-09-15, 12:11 PM
I'm way behind on this. Ever since they changed the scope of the mining field (everything is much smaller now) I've had trouble. I can average about two pieces per bomb but lately I've been getting only one.

LonePudding
03-09-15, 12:12 PM
Running behind on this one!

bexrexbex
03-09-15, 01:30 PM
I don't even know how I am behind. I constantly evolve, and even speed it up with gold occasionally. I don't let bombs get to 25, I always use them (lesson learned for Sandstorm, no idea there was a limit to how many bombs you could hold). I'm only at 114 pieces with 0 bombs. Hopefully I'll get this one! I think it's a cool dragon.

Anaboe
03-09-15, 03:54 PM
I refuseer to use my bombs until I mastered the new grid when trying for land-parts.

This way I didn't loose precious bombs to am unknown grid.

To be honest, I feel like mining has become more easy. Before, I only got an average of 2 pieces per bomb, and as often 3 pieces, as I got 1 piece, now I very often get 3, and regularly even 4, and very rarely only 1. Maybe it's luck, but the mining guade helped me very much!

HarleyQuinn28
03-10-15, 08:09 AM
I'm running behind too. I think I have about 130. I'm never this far behind. I'm normally close to being done. I just might make it. Hopefully.

PernReloaded
03-10-15, 09:04 AM
I have 171 - not quite close, but close enough that I don't feel pressure. I've been getting about two pieces per bomb, which works out well, and I've been evolving my super long evolve time dragons, and somehow it's worked out.

I think there's still good time before this dragon goes limited, so I'm hoping everyone else can make it as well!

MaryEllen821
03-10-15, 01:10 PM
I've hatched one (yay!) but forgot to note how many hrs it took in the nest. Anyone know?

leonsandcastle
03-10-15, 06:22 PM
I'm way behind on this. Ever since they changed the scope of the mining field (everything is much smaller now) I've had trouble. I can average about two pieces per bomb but lately I've been getting only one.

I'm having the same problem. I've never missed a crafting dragon, and have even gotten two of some, but I am not even to 100 parts yet this time. I almost always get one piece now, and I am having a hard time with the tiny grid. Why the change?

HarleyQuinn28
03-11-15, 10:51 AM
Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing right when you first enter the mine? This has started becoming an issue. I'm already behind and losing bombs isn't going to help.

Mythdefied
03-11-15, 11:10 AM
I'm having the same problem. I've never missed a crafting dragon, and have even gotten two of some, but I am not even to 100 parts yet this time. I almost always get one piece now, and I am having a hard time with the tiny grid. Why the change?

I tried using the grid in that mining guide, but with it so tiny, I couldn't ever tap on the right spot. Tiny area + big fingers = mis-tap almost every time. I only manage one to two pieces at a time, three on the very rare occasion.

rubyhummer
03-11-15, 11:12 AM
Is anyone else having issues with the game crashing right when you first enter the mine? This has started becoming an issue. I'm already behind and losing bombs isn't going to help.

Yes! When in the mine game crashes multiple times. I also loose everything due to this problem. The last two days it's been worse, since the world event started, not only mining.

I have issues with the bombs not going where I click, plus the words that give direction (near, close...) disappearing before I can see them. That's always a clue the game will crash!

MaribouMay
03-11-15, 03:22 PM
I've hatched one (yay!) but forgot to note how many hrs it took in the nest. Anyone know?

I believe it is 12 hours based on outsides sources.

Dcdonn
03-11-15, 06:31 PM

Here is a picture of the Scarab Egg... One of the coolest eggs I have seen...;-). I hope the pic attaches.

MaryEllen821
03-11-15, 07:11 PM
I believe it is 12 hours based on outsides sources.

Your sources are correct, I evolved it at 12 hrs, thx.

divanightclub
03-12-15, 06:49 PM
Hi everyone.. I'm so happy.. I'm crafting my scarab dragon right now.. Love the design and colors..

HarleyQuinn28
03-13-15, 09:58 PM
Yes! When in the mine game crashes multiple times. I also loose everything due to this problem. The last two days it's been worse, since the world event started, not only mining.

I have issues with the bombs not going where I click, plus the words that give direction (near, close...) disappearing before I can see them. That's always a clue the game will crash!

It is definitely getting worse with the event starting. So frustrating! Plus I dislike the grid change as well. The game is crashing a lot more as well. So many issues that need to be fixed. Hopefully this dragon will be extended past the normal time.

LonePudding
03-14-15, 03:50 AM
Scarab is on the nest!!

roguebee
03-14-15, 07:48 AM
I'm crafting mine. May have a real chance for a second.

Mythdefied
03-14-15, 05:14 PM
175! I actually found five pieces with my last bomb by pure luck. I have real hope now that I might get this one.

DaenerysFantasy
03-15-15, 03:17 AM
Mine is crafting :)

MaryEllen821
03-15-15, 08:32 AM
Any guesses when a new mining dragon will come out? I'm wondering when I should start stockpiling my 25 max bombs.

PernReloaded
03-15-15, 08:36 AM
Any guesses when a new mining dragon will come out? I'm wondering when I should start stockpiling my 25 max bombs.

Personally I'm not sure, but I always recommend stockpiling the moment you've finished with the mining dragon you wanted. That way you have them and there's no rush - after all, with only one bomb every four hours, that's a hundred straight hours of evolution you need to get through! And if you time it right, you can have a dragon ready and waiting to come off the temple when you've finished your initial round of bombing and give you an extra bomb boost immediately.

MaribouMay
03-15-15, 08:57 AM

I do what Pern suggested and start saving my bombs as soon as I craft the current dragon. When I get close to 25, I use enough to make room for the new bombs coming. So if I am evolving a 12 hour dragon, I use 3 bombs (for the coins & food) to make space for the 3 I'll earn. The last 2 times mining ended I had diamonds evolving so I got an extra 11 bombs shortly after the new mining dragon starts.

MaryEllen821
03-15-15, 09:29 AM
Good advice, thx.

pattons_friends
03-15-15, 10:29 AM
I started crafting this 7hrs ago, book was moving & timer came up, been on & off game all day, but just gone on again & I noticed book wasn't moving, I just had to start the craft again, luckily I didn't loose any scarabs!

cocauina
03-15-15, 11:07 AM

24th of March probably.

MaryEllen821
03-15-15, 11:48 AM
24th of March probably.

Thank you!

Kennedward
03-16-15, 07:10 AM
108 now

shelkebrate
03-16-15, 08:37 AM
I have 120. If I don't reach 200 by the 24th, will this dragon come back around at some point? If not, will I be able to use the scarabs toward a future Egyptian-esque dragon?

LonePudding
03-16-15, 09:04 AM
Unsure whether to try for my second one or save for the next dragon...

MaribouMay
03-16-15, 09:28 AM
Unsure whether to try for my second one or save for the next dragon...

If the Scarab dragon goes away on the 24th, you have just over 8 days. If you need the full 200 for a second Scarab, you'll need to collect an average of 25 tokens per day. You can only earn 6 bombs per day without spending gold, so you would need to average 4+ tokens per bomb. The math changes of course if you already have a bunch of the tokens you'll need or a stash of bombs. Probably steep odds without spending gold.

I recommend second mining crafted dragons for trading if it is a super rare. You can get large gems for crafting the craftable gemstone types. (This assumes you need the color(s) of the dragon for crafting a gemstone type crafted dragon.) It is much better to trade one dragon for a large gem than trading 10 dragons for small gems to trade for a large gem. The amount of evolution time involved is dramatic when you could be evolving dragons you intend to keep.

Otherwise, let it go and save your bombs for the next dragon. If you play long enough you will find yourself having to part with your duplicates. It is harder if they are sentimental favorites or you spent gold to get them.

LonePudding
03-16-15, 09:36 AM
If the Scarab dragon goes away on the 24th, you have just over 8 days. If you need the full 200 for a second Scarab, you'll need to collect an average of 25 tokens per day. You can only earn 6 bombs per day without spending gold, so you would need to average 4+ tokens per bomb. The math changes of course if you already have a bunch of the tokens you'll need or a stash of bombs. Probably steep odds without spending gold.

I recommend second crafted dragons for trading. If it is a super rare you can get large gems for crafting the craftable gemstone types. It is much better than trading 10 dragons for small gems to trade for a large gem. The amount of evolution time involved is dramatic when you could be evolving dragons you intend to keep.

Otherwise, let it go and save your bombs for the next dragon. If you play long enough you will find yourself having to part with your duplicates. It is harder if they are sentimental favorites or you spend gold to get them.

4+ bombs every time would never happen for me so I guess I'll save for the next one. Besides, I already have a ruby and emerald dragon so the extra gems wouldn't really be useful. Thanks!! I hope the next dragon has black or pink!!

mbyte68
03-16-15, 09:53 AM
maybe even a champ in the mines :)

MaribouMay
03-16-15, 10:04 AM
4+ bombs every time would never happen for me so I guess I'll save for the next one. Besides, I already have a ruby and emerald dragon so the extra gems wouldn't really be useful. Thanks!! I hope the next dragon has black or pink!!

I doubt anyone could average 4+ tokens per bomb.

I would recommend you spend gold to get an extra SR dragon of black or pink. I did.

freshfunin2008
03-16-15, 11:39 AM
I won't stress for a 2nd one on this.

LonePudding
03-16-15, 01:19 PM
I doubt anyone could average 4+ tokens per bomb.

I would recommend you spend gold to get an extra SR dragon of black or pink. I did.

What dragon did you get? I have my eyes very fixed on divine and archangel. They are my babies that haven't come to my island yet, they might've got lost on the way :(...

LonePudding
03-16-15, 01:21 PM
maybe even a champ in the mines :)

I have a very made up idea about a mineable champ...The Rock Guardian Dragon!! :cool:

Apparently (not sure where I read this) TL put diamond hybrids in the mine!!! We need to find a way to go back in time now!

MaribouMay
03-16-15, 01:54 PM
What dragon did you get? I have my eyes very fixed on divine and archangel. They are my babies that haven't come to my island yet, they might've got lost on the way :(...

I meant that I spent gold by speed evolving when I wanted an extra of the current mining dragon. I recall Obsidian being one I got and extra of for trading to craft either Onyx or Tiger's Eye. The downside is that it requires waiting for suitable dragons to happen. I am too cheap to buy a dragon from the marketplace for trading.

I share your desire for a Divine dragon. I lucked into an Archangel as a breeding fail and am very happy about it.

mimiamelia
03-16-15, 02:37 PM
Hi all:) I have a question I want to ask.

I have my scarab dragon on the nest now and I already have 25 bombs stored ready to go. I'm assuming we still have 1 more week to get this dragon, which means I can get at least 42 more bombs from evolving. There is no way I can get a 2nd dragon, but...should I just let these extra bombs go to waste, or should I keep mining and have useless parts stored forever? I hate to have so many useless parts from mining & arena, but on the other hand I can also get apples from mining. So....what do you guys usually do? Do you just stop mining, or do you continue to do so once you have 25 bombs ready in storage?

I hope I didn't confuse anybody...thanks in advance!

freshfunin2008
03-16-15, 02:40 PM
I will mine just for the food and coins once I have received the 1st dragon. Extra parts are a pain but that is part of the game.

MaribouMay
03-16-15, 02:41 PM

I have my scarab dragon on the nest now and I already have 25 bombs stored ready to go. I'm assuming we still have 1 more week to get this dragon, which means I can get at least 42 more bombs from evolving. There is no way I can get a 2nd dragon, but...should I just let these extra bombs go to waste, or should I keep mining and have useless parts stored forever? I hate to have so many useless parts from mining & arena, but on the other hand I can also get apples from mining. So....what do you guys usually do? Do you just stop mining or continue to do so once you have 25 bombs ready in storage?

I use them as needed for the food and coins. For example, if I have a 12 hour dragon evolving, I use 3 bombs (12 hours/4 hours per bomb) to make space for the ones earned by evolving that 12 hour dragon.

mimiamelia
03-16-15, 02:46 PM
I will mine just for the food and coins once I have received the 1st dragon. Extra parts are a pain but that is part of the game.

Thank you for your reply! I guess I will keep mining for the food then, which I am in constant shortage of.

mimiamelia
03-16-15, 02:48 PM
I use them as needed for the food and coins. For example, if I have a 12 hour dragon evolving, I use 3 bombs (12 hours/4 hours per bomb) to make space for the ones earned by evolving that 12 hour dragon.

Okay, thank you for your reply! I just hate to have useless parts in my storage, but I guess it's worth it if I can get a couple thousand apples:)

LonePudding
03-16-15, 03:16 PM
I meant that I spent gold by speed evolving when I wanted an extra of the current mining dragon. I recall Obsidian being one I got and extra of for trading to craft either Onyx or Tiger's Eye. The downside is that it requires waiting for suitable dragons to happen. I am too cheap to buy a dragon from the marketplace for trading.

I share your desire for a Divine dragon. I lucked into an Archangel as a breeding fail and am very happy about it.

Oh, sorry I misunderstood :p I would never buy a dragon to trade either! I'm currently waiting on about 5 onyxs and a quartz to finish my gemstone collection. That's a lot. Too many. :( Congrats on the archangel, I think it's one of the best looking dragons in the game! But I think that about most dragons lol

LonePudding
03-16-15, 03:20 PM

I have my scarab dragon on the nest now and I already have 25 bombs stored ready to go. I'm assuming we still have 1 more week to get this dragon, which means I can get at least 42 more bombs from evolving. There is no way I can get a 2nd dragon, but...should I just let these extra bombs go to waste, or should I keep mining and have useless parts stored forever? I hate to have so many useless parts from mining & arena, but on the other hand I can also get apples from mining. So....what do you guys usually do? Do you just stop mining, or do you continue to do so once you have 25 bombs ready in storage?

I know it's a late reply but what I do when I reach 25 is mine 5 times, and I can do that several times before the new dragon arrives. This way, when the new dragon comes, I won't be down by too many bombs and I can't still get my little head-start.

PernReloaded
03-16-15, 04:04 PM

At that point I stop evolving. I simply stop evolving dragons so that no bombs will go to waste and I'll always have dragons at the ready for evolving. Nearer the time for the next dragon, I'll put one on the temple, and when the new mining dragon is out, I'll immediately use all my stored bombs and *then* take the extra dragon off the temple for a bomb boost right away.

Mythdefied
03-17-15, 12:31 PM
Out of the last two bombs I got 1 piece. *headdesk*

Mythdefied
03-18-15, 12:41 PM
Finally got all the pieces! Crafting now! :D I don't know how much time is left on this dragon, so I think I'll just save up my bombs until the next one.

PernReloaded
03-18-15, 01:09 PM
Congrats! ^.^ It's definitely better to craft sooner rather than later, gj on getting it ^.^

Kennedward
03-19-15, 05:48 PM
Finally crafted it!!!

fantasy4769
03-19-15, 06:55 PM
I think the number of bombs depends on the number of hours evolving

PernReloaded
03-19-15, 07:10 PM
I think the number of bombs depends on the number of hours evolving

Yes. You get one bomb for every four hours you evolve a dragon. Extra hours (ex. if you had a dragon that took 22 hours, you would have an extra two hours) add up, so you can get an extra one for the extra hours.

saghaven
03-20-15, 12:38 PM
Mine finished crafting this morning but my nests are full so I need to wait for something to hatch.

saghaven
03-20-15, 12:39 PM
At that point I stop evolving. I simply stop evolving dragons so that no bombs will go to waste and I'll always have dragons at the ready for evolving. Nearer the time for the next dragon, I'll put one on the temple, and when the new mining dragon is out, I'll immediately use all my stored bombs and *then* take the extra dragon off the temple for a bomb boost right away.
That's exactly what I do. Once my dragon is crafted and I'm maxed out on bombs I stop evolving until the next dragon.

tuffyjkitten
03-20-15, 12:40 PM
Five more pieces....evolving needs to finish!

LonePudding
03-20-15, 12:41 PM
4 Days Left To Start Crafting This Dragon!!

Foxy_Kit
03-20-15, 03:30 PM
I got to level 45 only recently, and found out about this. Won't make it unless i bought the missing quota... Not sure which way i wanna go about this :)

PernReloaded
03-20-15, 03:56 PM
I got to level 45 only recently, and found out about this. Won't make it unless i bought the missing quota... Not sure which way i wanna go about this :)

Likely not worth it! They'll have another dragon out for mining a few hours after this one expires.

rubyhummer
03-20-15, 04:55 PM
Finally, the little Egyptian bettle is crafting. Thought I'd never get enough in time due to the constant crashes and loosing out!

maizee0404
03-20-15, 05:11 PM
Eeeekkkk another 100 before tuesday better hatching those water dragons!! Darn lv 6 evolution!!

Foxy_Kit
03-20-15, 05:54 PM
Thanks Pern. I guess i should stop stressing now :p

Will collect bombs and wait for the next dragon to pop up in the mines.

seisurreal
03-24-15, 06:15 PM
Hi Teamlava

I congratulate you in your billionth downloads :) and as a supporter, I have always been diligently supporting you in the DS quests, including tournaments, mining, offers, etc ..

However I have missed out on the latest for Scarab Dragon and I have 65 pieces, which I had wanted to buy all the rest at spell shop (it used to be available in the spell shop after the end) but unfortunately I couldn't find it anymore as a craft-able item there.

Understand the mining for the parts have ended, and on behalf of the loyal players like me, may I request TL to bring back the Scarab Dragon item in the Spell Shop as a grace period for 1 week after the mining officially closes .. They could be extended like the rest of the usual items such as Comet, Ruby, Emerald, etc.. maybe for a week after the mining ends -- this is to allow those who missed the mining, a second chance to use their gold to get the limited edition dragon.

// for this round, please assist to extend this Scarab Dragon item back on Spell Shop. Thank You! //