PDA

View Full Version : Puffalo - 2015 Feb 24

cocauina
02-24-15, 12:36 PM
We need to complete some goals to be able to have him.

1st Goal
Star breeding with any two animals

2nd Goal
Collect More Puffalo Pears - 48 needed (from hatching eggs)

3rd Goal
Invite neighbors
Have neighbors
Play with neighbors animals

4th Goal
Collect More Puffalo Pears - 480 needed (from harvesting food)

Annica5
02-24-15, 12:58 PM
Sounds easy! :)

ninasidstorm8
02-24-15, 01:01 PM
We need to complete some goals to be able to have him.

1st Goal
Star breeding with any two animals

2nd Goal
Collect More Puffalo Pears (from hatching eggs)

3rd Goal
Invite neighbors
Have neighbors
Play with neighbors animals

4th Goal
Collect More Puffalo Pears (from harvesting food)

Sounds Like they gave us a small quest to complete instead of having to breed a new animal. Goal one was easy enough. I assume for goal 2 we will get 1 Puffalo Pear for each hour of nesting time. I have a 17 hour egg in the nest that won't be ready for 13 1/2 hours. Shouldn't be a problem keeping the nest full for 48 hours.

The third goal seems simple enough. I wonder how much food we will need to collect for goal 4?

Melis2a84
02-24-15, 01:05 PM
For goal 4 we need 480 apples/food! :o

For every hour you receive 1 pear so I just finished a 5hr crop and received 5 pears and same with hatching, finished a 16hr and got 16 pears :)

cocauina
02-24-15, 01:07 PM
Sounds Like they gave us a small quest to complete instead of having to breed a new animal. Goal one was easy enough. I assume for goal 2 we will get 1 Puffalo Pear for each hour of nesting time. I have a 17 hour egg in the nest that won't be ready for 13 1/2 hours. Shouldn't be a problem keeping the nest full for 48 hours.

The third goal seems simple enough. I wonder how much food we will need to collect for goal 4?

I hope that the hatching and harvesting food is like the World event, 1 pear per hour.

Doompicnic
02-24-15, 01:40 PM
This seems more fun than a tournament. So I'm in!

Clark_Wayne
02-24-15, 01:50 PM
Agree : looks fun and may be easily than the one in dragon Story ! :eek:

Vodelle
02-24-15, 02:18 PM
It's certainly unique... I can't even start the quest until my (4th... grumble) magmacore finishes getting bred tonight.

mymummy789
02-24-15, 02:28 PM
I just discovered that if I visit too many neighbours in one go everyone's (including my own) habitats disappear!! They came back after force closing but wondered if that's happened to anyone else?

55lee55
02-24-15, 02:34 PM
This is an awesome quest that can be easily done by anyone who simply follows the steps. I don't see any reason to spend money spent providing I keep up on every step. It pays off for me in several ways besides procuring a new animal.

1. Keeping my nest full and immediately breeding when the egg is placed on the nest gives me a steady supply of runes for expansion. I breed the animals I choose so no need to drop a current breeding trial for a different one.

2. I don't remember when I last invited a new neighbor. The quest also sends me to visit neighbors, something I haven't done in ages because there was no real reason to spend my time reaching out. What a treat to see how my neighbor's Forests have grown! This friendliy addition for me who doesn't visit often is an unexpectedly fun part of this quest.

3. It encourages me to keep planting and harvesting, much like the World Event, but without the pressure.

4. This quest introduces a twist I have not seen since very early in the game. I have renewed interest and I am enjoying this game much more because this quest is definitely doable, is a bit fun, and doesn't ask me to spend a lot of gems to buy decorations that drop items for a limited time as in World Events. Winning the prize is totally up to me and sends me in a new direction that I haven't been in a long time.

Bravo TL! I can't think of a thing that I dislike about this quest. It sounds like great fun!

The opinions expressed here are my own and I am speaking for no one but myself. Thanks for the change of pace TL!

cquinn32
02-24-15, 02:47 PM
I've all but given up on visiting my neighbors :-( I can't get through more than two in row without my game crashing on my iPad. It's sad to watch my social rating steadily fall. So sorry to my neighbors if you see this but it's just too frustrating to continue visiting.

Phaedrakiki
Cool quest, awesome animal...yippee!!! I'm on it!!!!

8hat
I just discovered that if I visit too many neighbours in one go everyone's (including my own) habitats disappear!! They came back after force closing but wondered if that's happened to anyone else?

That's been happening to me for a little while now.
It's like my game is saying, "That's enough visiting neighbors for now. I'm on a break."

cocauina
02-24-15, 03:05 PM

That's normal, this happens to me after I visit a certain number of islands.

gammarayburst
02-24-15, 03:21 PM

Yes, this happens to me, too! I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one. Maybe now TL will fix it. It's very annoying because I have to restart my phone if I want to continue playing! :confused:

Drachenia
02-24-15, 03:44 PM

Yes that happens whenever you visit too many neighbors in a row. This happens to me regularly

readysetgo888
02-24-15, 04:27 PM
Do we know if this is going to require 5-6 farms planting round the clock like the world event? I really, really hope not. I currently only have space for two farms.

gammarayburst
02-24-15, 04:59 PM
Do we know if this is going to require 5-6 farms planting round the clock like the world event? I really, really hope not. I currently only have space for two farms.

I believe you need 480 pears to win the Puffalo. There are 168 hours in a full 7 days, so this means that as long as you have a minimum of 3 farms planted 'round the clock and harvested on time, you should be able to get the prize before it expires. You might need to either make room for a third farm or plan to spend gems on speeding up some crops at the end. For those with more than 3 farms, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

EDIT: After looking at the quest in my game, it seems as though you can purchase the pears for 1 gem each (by auto-completing the quest). This would be a better choice than speeding crops since it cost 2 gems per hour to do so. If you do decide to spend some gems, just get as many pears from farming as you can until the quest is close to expiring so you don't have to spend too many.

green_eyes9999
02-24-15, 05:13 PM

Yes it has been happening to me for months.

RorJam
02-24-15, 05:31 PM
Yes it has been happening to me for months.
I just visit a select few from time to time. I don't really have time to visit all my neighbors with my children, a 23 month and a 5 month old! I'm pretty busy after work lol

ninasidstorm8
02-24-15, 05:44 PM
I believe you need 480 pears to win the Puffalo. There are 168 hours in a full 7 days, so this means that as long as you have a minimum of 3 farms planted 'round the clock and harvested on time, you should be able to get the prize before it expires. You might need to either make room for a third farm or plan to spend gems on speeding up some crops at the end. For those with more than 3 farms, it shouldn't be too hard to do.

EDIT: After looking at the quest in my game, it seems as though you can purchase the pears for 1 gem each (by auto-completing the quest). This would be a better choice than speeding crops since it cost 2 gems per hour to do so. If you do decide to spend some gems, just get as many pears from farming as you can until the quest is close to expiring so you don't have to spend too many.

Unless you speed breed, the first two days of the seven will be spent breeding to get the Puffalo Pears. While on step 2, you do not get any Puffalo Pears for collecting from farms. If you assume that once you reach step 4, you no longer get the Puffalo Pears from hatching animals, you will need to collect the 480 Puffalo Pears in the last 5 days. If you time everything perfect, that means you would need at least 4 farms to complete this without using gems. This assumes that you receive 1 Puffalo Pear for each hour of planting time per farm.

If you see anything wrong with this interpretation, let me know.

keller63
02-24-15, 05:44 PM
I've all but given up on visiting my neighbors :-( I can't get through more than two in row without my game crashing on my iPad. It's sad to watch my social rating steadily fall. So sorry to my neighbors if you see this but it's just too frustrating to continue visiting.

im in exactly the same boat, i struggle with lvls 30+ but definitely crash 37 + my game just hates it

Phaedrakiki
02-24-15, 05:46 PM
I'm still on the first step, but wondering how many neighbors we need to visit, invite, etc. for step/part 3 of the quest.

Anyone that far along yet?

gammarayburst
02-24-15, 05:58 PM
Unless you speed breed, the first two days of the seven will be spent breeding to get the Puffalo Pears. While on step 2, you do not get any Puffalo Pears for collecting from farms. If you assume that once you reach step 4, you no longer get the Puffalo Pears from hatching animals, you will need to collect the 480 Puffalo Pears in the last 5 days. If you time everything perfect, that means you would need at least 4 farms to complete this without using gems. This assumes that you receive 1 Puffalo Pear for each hour of planting time per farm.

If you see anything wrong with this interpretation, let me know.

Ah, thanks for catching that, ninasidstorm8! I definitely should have mentioned that I did speed breed during the first part of this quest because I didn't want to risk forgetting about an egg and leaving it too long. The second part can be done fairly quickly as long as you already have enough neighbors to play with the 40 animals needed. The other requirements are that you simply have neighbors and that you invite 30 more. This step took me less than 30 minutes to complete (without using gems). :o

Oh, and I agree with your math for those who do not want to speed breed.

gammarayburst
02-24-15, 06:00 PM
I'm still on the first step, but wondering how many neighbors we need to visit, invite, etc. for step/part 3 of the quest.

Anyone that far along yet?

You just need to visit enough neighbors to play with 40 animals (so you can get a maximum of 6 per neighbor). Then you just need to invite 30 more, which is as simple as visiting random community members and clicking "Invite."

gammarayburst
02-24-15, 06:05 PM
[QUOTE=ninasidstorm8;1062532] This assumes that you receive 1 Puffalo Pear for each hour of planting time per farm.

[\QUOTE]

I can verify that you do get one pear per hour of farming. :)

ninasidstorm8
02-24-15, 06:09 PM
Ah, thanks for catching that, ninasidstorm8! I definitely should have mentioned that I did speed breed during the first part of this quest because I didn't want to risk forgetting about an egg and leaving it too long. The second part can be done fairly quickly as long as you already have enough neighbors to play with the 40 animals needed. The other requirements are that you simply have neighbors and that you invite 30 more. This step took me less than 30 minutes to complete (without using gems). :o

Your welcome. Thanks for the info on the third goal. I figure I have plenty of time to complete these tasks, so I plan to breed as normal to complete the second goal. I had an empty breeding den when the task started, so I completed the first goal immediately, had an egg in the nest that had been hatching for about 3 hours, and I have 6 farms that I keep pretty busy around the clock. So I was set up pretty good at the start of the task.

I assume by your timing, that you only need to invite 30 neighbors and you don't need to wait for them to accept.

Crr008
02-24-15, 06:23 PM
Happens to me all the time. I just restart the game and it returns to normal.

pocopicasso
02-24-15, 06:26 PM
Yes, exact same thing happens to me, it's been going on forever:rolleyes:. No clue why......

55lee55
02-24-15, 06:42 PM
Yes, exact same thing happens to me, it's been going on forever:rolleyes:. No clue why......

Oh. Yes, this happens to me too. I thought iit was just me but it seems to be a common problem.

gammarayburst
02-24-15, 07:44 PM
I assume by your timing, that you only need to invite 30 neighbors and you don't need to wait for them to accept.

You are correct; all you have to do is invite people. I probably didn't need to speed breed either since I have 6 farms as well, but I'm also still trying to get the Mardi Claw. I got all excited the other day because I had a 23-hour breed going, but it ended up just being a Zapra. I'm hoping that I can get him before TL takes him away!

sweetypies97
02-25-15, 01:47 AM
I like this type of challenge because it is achievable for everyone and it isn't based on flawed statistics.

Gweenykay
02-25-15, 02:15 AM

I have a similar problem. Do the animals and habitats disappear? At least it only happens with me after 10-15 visits! I force ipad to close and restart but it does take a 2 mins! I did report gliche along with another problem but this one has not been resolved.

Vodelle
02-25-15, 06:18 AM
To the people claiming they restart their phone/ipad - do you know how to 'force close' an app? (Double tap the home button, then swipe up on the app.) This will reset only the app and you shouldn't have to restart your entire device.

ash717
02-25-15, 08:53 AM
Very cool idea!

readysetgo888
02-25-15, 09:33 AM
I realize I am the only one bothered by this, but so disappointed that this requires 4 farms. Due to the extremely slow pace of expansion now that all my expansions require 70 runes, I have had to sell off most of my farms to make room for habitats. I don't need to produce food any faster so the only reason I would ever need more farms is for events. I thought for sure I would have enough time to expand a little more before the next world event - wasn't planning for this.

I wish the game didn't require us to have so many big farms for certain events. But even more importantly, the 70 runes for expansion really, really needs to change. This takes FOREVER.

ETA: And of course, because you can't store habitats for absolutely no reason whatsoever, if I sell off a couple animals and a couple habitats, I will have to wait an entire day for them to be rebuilt whenever I do have the space to rebuild them. Although, apparently I have to keep space for 4+ farms whether I want them or not in order to be able to participate in events. Quite frustrated by this.

cuffy1
02-25-15, 11:38 AM
Yes that has happened to me too, especially when I was on 4 stars and needing to collect over 100 stars daily to maintain my rating

cuffy1
02-25-15, 11:39 AM
Yes that happened to me when is had maximum rating (4) and needed to collect over 100 stars to maintain my rating. I've dropped my rating to 3 and haven't had the problem since

rjazz
02-25-15, 02:45 PM
It happened today on my lunch break, i was visiting my 5th forest and my ipad mini went black. I believe my rating is only 3. It's happened several times before.

FigmentValley
02-25-15, 04:46 PM
I realize I am the only one bothered by this, but so disappointed that this requires 4 farms. Due to the extremely slow pace of expansion now that all my expansions require 70 runes, I have had to sell off most of my farms to make room for habitats. I don't need to produce food any faster so the only reason I would ever need more farms is for events. I thought for sure I would have enough time to expand a little more before the next world event - wasn't planning for this.

I wish the game didn't require us to have so many big farms for certain events. But even more importantly, the 70 runes for expansion really, really needs to change. This takes FOREVER.

ETA: And of course, because you can't store habitats for absolutely no reason whatsoever, if I sell off a couple animals and a couple habitats, I will have to wait an entire day for them to be rebuilt whenever I do have the space to rebuild them. Although, apparently I have to keep space for 4+ farms whether I want them or not in order to be able to participate in events. Quite frustrated by this.

I am very sorry that you find yourself in this fix. It does seem extremely frustrating. That said, one of the "game strategies" common to nearly all games such as this is learning to balance your intake, output, purchases and use of inventory. If you expand too quickly for the amount of coin brought in by your critters, you can hit an impasse. Farms grow critters which produce coin which funds expansions which give you more critters to produce more coin, etc.

There is a particularly tough time in every one of these games where the struggle to fund much of anything is very difficult, but time and persistence can limit the length that this occurs.

I know this is too little, too late. I am very sorry. The best you can do is keep feeding and collecting. Do you have room for any little farms? The size of the farm or the expense/quality of the plantings make little difference in the puffalo pear hunt. It is simply hours for pears. Any planting on any size farm will yield pears.....

Vodelle
02-25-15, 05:02 PM
I don't think ready's problem is coins at all - it's the fact that at that level, it takes 70 runes to expand, which can take like three weeks to get. By that point you've probably acquired a couple more animals that need to go somewhere. I think it's a reasonable complaint. While I think most people manage to keep most of their farms, I can see how someone pressed for space might choose to sell any. (That said it's also obviously a large part of the game when it comes to planting things for world events, so...)

ninasidstorm8
02-25-15, 07:01 PM
In case anyone had a doubt, putting an egg in the nest from storage will count towards the number of Puffalo Pears you need to get when the egg is hatched. I had a big gap between two breeding attempts and decided to fill the nest time by hatching the Krampus from the Christmas Event. I received 7 Puffalo Pears when it hatched.

If all goes as planned, I should finish the second stage of the goal in another 18 hours with two extra Puffalo Pears.

Good luck to all on this challenge.

FigmentValley
02-25-15, 07:10 PM
You can also keep your nest full by purchasing Rock Rhino eggs, FrostFang eggs, or Lightning Leopard eggs depending on what time you wish to fill......

cocauina
02-25-15, 07:14 PM
In case anyone had a doubt, putting an egg in the nest from storage will count towards the number of Puffalo Pears you need to get when the egg is hatched. I had a big gap between two breeding attempts and decided to fill the nest time by hatching the Krampus from the Christmas Event. I received 7 Puffalo Pears when it hatched.

If all goes as planned, I should finish the second stage of the goal in another 18 hours with two extra Puffalo Pears.

Good luck to all on this challenge.

That's obvious xD

We need to hatch eggs and not finish breeding, so when we hatch an egg we receive the pears, like in the World Event, even if we buy an egg we receive the pears after hatching the egg.

ninasidstorm8
02-25-15, 08:07 PM
If you have some flexibility in producing food I recommend the following: Once you have figured out when you will reach the 48 Puffalo Pears to complete stage 2, plant the crop with the longest time that you can collect after you start stage 4. This will give you a head start on stage 4. Stage 3 should not take much time to complete. I have already planted 20 hour crops in my farms that I will collect once I reach stage 4. This can save you almost a day in completing the task.

unto0chable87
02-26-15, 12:48 AM
When I start this afternoon, have I chances to win the quest, or it's too late?

JanineQuinty
02-26-15, 03:16 AM
I hatched the mardi claw and got 23 pears, so 1 pear per hour :D

JanineQuinty
02-26-15, 03:17 AM
When I start this afternoon, have I chances to win the quest, or it's too late?

I don?t think it?s too late. just make sure your nest is full because you get pears for hatching eggs, 1 per hour.

Vodelle
02-26-15, 07:28 AM
If you have some flexibility in producing food I recommend the following: Once you have figured out when you will reach the 48 Puffalo Pears to complete stage 2, plant the crop with the longest time that you can collect after you start stage 4. This will give you a head start on stage 4. Stage 3 should not take much time to complete. I have already planted 20 hour crops in my farms that I will collect once I reach stage 4. This can save you almost a day in completing the task.
This is really smart!

If you don't desperately need food, and you're on the 'hatch eggs' quest, have farms of 20hr food going that you can pick up when you finish the eggs&neighbors part.

FigmentValley
02-26-15, 10:59 AM
So, is the Puffalo Dark/Fire?

cocauina
02-26-15, 11:56 AM

Dark/Earth
Super Rare
20hrs incubation and evolution

Drachenia
02-26-15, 11:58 AM

Hello FigmentValley! Buffalo is dark / earth

dragooneats
02-26-15, 03:18 PM
Did anyone figure out if they accommodated folks that are "full" on neighbors yet? I have 1998 out of 2000 allowable neighbors, do I have to kick 28 people? I know I can't issue more than 2 invites unless they changed something...

ninasidstorm8
02-26-15, 03:41 PM
Did anyone figure out if they accommodated folks that are "full" on neighbors yet? I have 1998 out of 2000 allowable neighbors, do I have to kick 28 people? I know I can't issue more than 2 invites unless they changed something...

I can tell you that you only have to invite the neighbor to get credit, they don't need to accept. Didn't know there was a limit on neighbors but I am under a 1,000 neighbors. If the limit keeps you from inviting the neighbor, then you may have a problem. Maybe it will let you fire off 30 invites as long as you are done before 2 people accept.

Good Luck.

FigmentValley
02-26-15, 04:29 PM
Hello FigmentValley! Buffalo is dark / earth

Hey, Drachenia! :D
Thank you all for your answers. It is a Gargolem replacement, then. :)

dragooneats
02-26-15, 04:43 PM
I can tell you that you only have to invite the neighbor to get credit, they don't need to accept. Didn't know there was a limit on neighbors but I am under a 1,000 neighbors. If the limit keeps you from inviting the neighbor, then you may have a problem. Maybe it will let you fire off 30 invites as long as you are done before 2 people accept.

Good Luck.
A nice thought but if they have not changed it you can't issue any pending invites that would put you above 2000 if they were accepted, I will find out in a few days. If I kick any of you off my list to make space, I apologize in advance...

Ratisorn
02-26-15, 06:41 PM
The path will be long

dragooneats
02-26-15, 06:46 PM
Just a confirmation. I got to that part of the quest, and if you have maximum neighbors you will need to kick 30 of them to finish the quest.

jondory
02-26-15, 09:27 PM
I just want to say that I greatly support more animals through simple goals like this. You have to be diligent but it's very easily obtainable if you're a regular. I hope we see more of these in the future.

JanineQuinty
02-27-15, 03:39 AM
Step 3 went really quick because I added a lot of neighbours and got some requests also. I have 4,5 days for the 480 pears. I can make that. I have 6 farms

JanineQuinty
02-27-15, 03:49 AM
If you like to add me, I accept all neighbours requests. ID: JanineQuinty

Dragojane
02-27-15, 11:20 AM
If you need a neighbors, my ID - Dragojane .

PernReloaded
02-27-15, 11:50 AM
Step three is fabulous - all I had to do was send invites! Now on to the crops!

keller63
02-27-15, 01:34 PM
anyone know if you have a maximum number of people you can invite in a day? i invited like 5 people then visited some new people to invite but the invite button kept on disappearing, it was there at first then suddenly, poof, gone

ETA: NVM, ive done this part now so this is now moot

readysetgo888
02-27-15, 01:56 PM
anyone know if you have a maximum number of people you can invite in a day? i invited like 5 people then visited some new people to invite but the invite button kept on disappearing, it was there at first then suddenly, poof, gone

I did all mine in 20 minutes... if you can't invite someone it may be that they have the max # of neighbors, or they are too low of a level. I ran across a handful with no invite button too, but I just moved on and eventually got them all done.

ninasidstorm8
02-27-15, 02:05 PM
FYI, when you look at the goal for collecting Puffalo Pears from crops, it tells you what you have collected using a percentage complete. It looks like they are charging 1 gem per Puffalo Pear to finish the goal. Therefore, you can track how many Puffalo Pears you need to complete the goal by looking at the number of gems they want.

readysetgo888
02-27-15, 02:23 PM
FYI, when you look at the goal for collecting Puffalo Pears from crops, it tells you what you have collected using a percentage complete. It looks like they are charging 1 gem per Puffalo Pear to finish the goal. Therefore, you can track how many Puffalo Pears you need to complete the goal by looking at the number of gems they want.

I looked at that - wasn't working that way for me, unless I'm wrong about the original number... It was 450, right? This morning, after getting a few pears, it was charging me 458 gems to finish it.

Bambamstad
02-27-15, 02:34 PM
I looked at that - wasn't working that way for me, unless I'm wrong about the original number... It was 450, right? This morning, after getting a few pears, it was charging me 458 gems to finish it.

It started with 480 pears and you only get them from crops. So it is a little different from the world events, no pears from hatching animals

ninasidstorm8
02-27-15, 02:50 PM

It started at 480.

A2TUDE
02-28-15, 06:28 AM
Ok just got my puffalo 20hrs

Cutie

Hawksmoor
02-28-15, 06:56 AM
Ok just got my puffalo 20hrs

Congrats! I should have mine later today. And I like how you named your Puffalo "Puffalo". Lol

A2TUDE
02-28-15, 06:58 AM
Congrats! I should have mine later today. And I like how you named your Puffalo "Puffalo". Lol

Lol congrats to u hun:) night from Sydney:)

Hawksmoor
02-28-15, 07:00 AM
Lol congrats to u hun:) night from Sydney:)

;) And good morning from Canada ;)

ninasidstorm8
03-01-15, 09:00 AM
Got the Puffalo now I just need to find the time to hatch it.

rjazz
03-01-15, 12:16 PM
Got my Puffalo!

PernReloaded
03-01-15, 01:30 PM
I should have mine tomorrow morning :D very excited

FigmentValley
03-01-15, 08:20 PM
To get it, you have to put it right on the nest -it does not go into storage! My goal is gone, so I don't know how long I have to hatch this sucker. If I wait to put it on the nest in 7 hours will I still get it?

FigmentValley
03-01-15, 08:27 PM
Ok, after poking it three times, it went into storage. Whew.

rjazz
03-01-15, 08:51 PM
Yes at first it tried to go immediately into the nest, but it was full. So I speed bred to empty the nest and when I went back to the announcement to tell it it could now go to the nest, it was gone. It did go into storage but I thought it had disappeared.

cocauina
03-01-15, 09:02 PM
To get it, you have to put it right on the nest -it does not go into storage! My goal is gone, so I don't know how long I have to hatch this sucker. If I wait to put it on the nest in 7 hours will I still get it?

The animal is not gonna desappear from your storage when the limited time to have the animal ends.
The only things that you needed to do, were the goals to HAVE the animal, after you have it, there's no more goals.

If you have your nest free, the animal will go to the nest, but ig you have your nest full, the animal will go directly to your storage. I have mine in my storage.

gammarayburst
03-01-15, 11:04 PM
To the people claiming they restart their phone/ipad - do you know how to 'force close' an app? (Double tap the home button, then swipe up on the app.) This will reset only the app and you shouldn't have to restart your entire device.

I know this was said a few days ago, but I just want to thank you for telling us this. I actually had no idea about this, so I was constantly having to restart my phone. I have 3 accounts on both Dragon Story and Fantasy Forest Story (I know, I'm an addict, Lol), and I am able to log in and out to switch between accounts in DS, but I always had to restart my phone for FFS because I don't have the option to switch users in that game. If I switched users in DS and then went to FFS, I had to hope that the app restarted itself, otherwise I was still in whichever account I played it in last, so I had to restart my phone. Sorry about the long story, but I'm glad that I can avoid a lot of phone restarts now that I know how to do this. Thanks, Vodelle! :)

Jennerwein1
03-02-15, 07:39 AM
Does anybody know at which time this quest ends tomorrow?

readysetgo888
03-02-15, 07:51 AM
Does anybody know at which time this quest ends tomorrow?

I would assume update time (2:30pm est). However, sometimes they end special stuff a little before the update, so I would give yourself maybe an extra hour just to be on the safe side.

Vodelle
03-02-15, 08:06 AM
I got my puffalo yesterday - I actually quite liked this quest, and I hope we see more in the future! It takes a bit of time/effort, but nets you an animal at the end.

Sadly I have like, 4 other animals in storage, and I have no clue when I'll be taking them out. :(

readysetgo888
03-02-15, 08:45 AM
I'm going to be like 100 gems short or something. I even sold a habitat to make room for a fourth farm (after already having sold the evolution flower to make room for a third). This sucks. I can't even complete these events with 4 farms? Not happy about having to devote very limited space to max out farms I don't want just so that I can compete in random events.

That being said, I do agree with everyone that more non-breeding aspects to the game would be awesome. I wish they didn't require so many farms, but otherwise I like the idea of them.

I did not care for the inviting neighbors, though. I really didn't want any more neighbors so I had to turn down tons of requests, plus invite 30 people that I hope turned down my request, lol. I realize I can remove neighbors, just kind of a pain.

You know what would be cool? A rune quest. Maybe like a way to plant for runes, or something. I'd also love to see more long-term untimed quests like the battlegrounds. So if it involves planting, I can still complete it with less farms, but it would just take me longer. Maybe a quest that would allow you to choose an animal you don't have yet? Of course, I'm aware that these things wouldn't increase gem spending so we'll probably never see them....

PernReloaded
03-02-15, 09:40 AM
Okay, so TECHNICALLY i have earned it, but I can't get it because it goes straight onto my nest. Screwing my breeding for the MardiClaw.

Whyyyy doesnt it go straight into Storage?

Vodelle
03-02-15, 09:59 AM
Okay, so TECHNICALLY i have earned it, but I can't get it because it goes straight onto my nest. Screwing my breeding for the MardiClaw.

Whyyyy doesnt it go straight into Storage?

It does if your nest is full, although it gives a really confusing message that suggests you have to free your nest first. (You don't - it goes to storage.) Not sure why they did it this way.

Doompicnic
03-02-15, 10:10 AM
I'm hoping I finish in time. I'm at 94%.

readysetgo888
03-02-15, 11:15 AM
It does if your nest is full, although it gives a really confusing message that suggests you have to free your nest first. (You don't - it goes to storage.) Not sure why they did it this way.

Soooo stupid. Just to trick people into spending a few gems to free their nests unnecessarily? Why do they have to pull stupid stunts like this? Just makes me further lose respect for the game.

I hope that if I complete the quest using gems it still goes into storage. I have no interest in hatching it right now. I have no room in any of my habitats due to having to have more farms than I want :mad:

Jennerwein1
03-02-15, 11:32 AM
I would assume update time (2:30pm est). However, sometimes they end special stuff a little before the update, so I would give yourself maybe an extra hour just to be on the safe side.
Thank you ready.

Hawksmoor
03-02-15, 11:37 AM

Soooo stupid. Just to trick people into spending a few gems to free their nests unnecessarily? Why do they have to pull stupid stunts like this? Just makes me further lose respect for the game.

I hope that if I complete the quest using gems it still goes into storage. I have no interest in hatching it right now. I have no room in any of my habitats due to having to have more farms than I want :mad:

I noticed that too, and almost fell for it! That's definitely something new. Any other "quest" like the Battlegrounds or Tournament, or when it's a community prize for an event, the animal goes straight into your storage. That's very very sneaky!

rjazz
03-02-15, 11:40 AM
Yes, I lost 18 gems because of that message! NOW I know !

RorJam
03-02-15, 12:10 PM
Looks like 2 pm eastern time the quest ends for those who haven't noticed yet! Best of luck to all still trying!

Vodelle
03-02-15, 12:22 PM
Oh wow, I didn't even think that people would lose gems to it. I went and checked storage first to see if maybe the message was wonky and it had in fact given me the animal (which it did).

I am kind of willing to give them a pass on this one since I think this is the first time you get an animal reward literally from a quest, but I don't know why they couldn't have sent it to storage w/o any weird message since that's how tourneys and stuff work anyway.

kooky panda
03-02-15, 03:02 PM
I got the same message, and thought it was strange. ( I had another egg on the nest), but I checked my storage and it was there.

I will let the CMs know that the message was little confusing.

rjazz
03-02-15, 03:23 PM
Thanks Kooky! I sped bred because I thought from the message it had to go directly to the nest-since I had just started breeding (another) elephantom, I sped it. Then I went to look for the message that I had received it and the message was gone so then I was scared I had lost it, so I went to my storage which won't let scroll for several minutes then I saw it was there. Very confusing!

igames4me
03-02-15, 04:11 PM
Yes got this in both accts

keller63
03-02-15, 06:10 PM
Oh dear god !!!! 18 hour timer and I have 20hours on the crops.... Completely misjudged this because I've been soo focused on that god dam pony.... -.- and I have no gems to speed crops up in the last moments... On 78% 107 gems to complete so would have just got the right amount.... So fed up right now

JanineQuinty
03-03-15, 02:39 AM
mine is in the nest now. I had 22 hours left but I have to say that I had to plant crops 3,5 in a row. I used some 20 hour crops because that was easier. Only the pygmy giraffe and then I have all the limited animals which there are at the moment :D

JanineQuinty
03-03-15, 02:44 AM
mine is in the nest now. I had 22 hours left but I have to say that I had to plant crops 3,5 in a row. I used some 20 hour crops because that was easier. Only the pygmy giraffe and then I have all the limited animals which there are at the moment :D

I meant 3,5 days in a row

Beecause
03-03-15, 11:12 AM
Yesterday morning I had 2 days to complete this -
Yesterday evening I had 13 hours!!!!!!

I've seen other people post timer problems like this before in various TL games but I always figured it was
coming from newer TL players that were just mistaken.

That was it for me with this game -

I had 2 days at 72% & thought I had a shot.
There's 52 mins left now.

tuffyjkitten
03-03-15, 11:28 AM
Anything less than 3 days but over 24 hrs will show up as 2 days.... 24 hrs and 10 minutes will show up as 2 days. The countdown doesn't get specific until the final 24 hr period.

Figure out how your time zone compares to TL's and go off that...they usually start and end things at the same time of day.

inespay
03-03-15, 01:40 PM
My puffalo is in the nest, I need to build a habitat but what are the elements?

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 02:38 PM
Yes, tuffy is correct... in TL land, instead of putting accurate timer information, they pretend that 24 hours and 1 minute equals 2 days. This goes for every single thing they have a whole day timer on. Things like this usually end shortly before their regular update times, which are Tuesday and Friday at 2:30pm est.

zenobia42
03-03-15, 02:39 PM
My puffalo is in the nest, I need to build a habitat but what are the elements?

The Puffalos is earth and dark. Congrats!

Beecause
03-03-15, 03:56 PM
Thanks for the time reminder info guys.

keller63
03-03-15, 04:42 PM
they should always round the timers down not up, gives a more accurate account of how much time you actually have, i have noticed the 2days down to 13 hours etc, its very stupid. at least if it said 1 day we knew definitely 24 hours, but you just cant tell accurately(bar going into the timer for more information) what you have left. but ofc, in this situation someone might then flap panic and buy gems to speed up because they have not planned time out correctly etc etc -.- making TL money again

readysetgo888
03-03-15, 05:04 PM
they should always round the timers down not up, gives a more accurate account of how much time you actually have, i have noticed the 2days down to 13 hours etc, its very stupid. at least if it said 1 day we knew definitely 24 hours, but you just cant tell accurately(bar going into the timer for more information) what you have left. but ofc, in this situation someone might then flap panic and buy gems to speed up because they have not planned time out correctly etc etc -.- making TL money again

Oh yeah, it's totally disgusting. It's the reason I don't like this company. People would still spend money - in fact, MORE people would be willing to spend money - if they played fair and didn't have deceptive practices like this. There's no reason they have to do it.

The only thing we can do is just deal with it, and try to remind everyone in any way we can what the ACTUAL time left is. We can pretty well predict how they do things. We know the timers aren't accurate... we know they usually end things like this shortly before their regular updates. Not 100% accurate, but the best we can do.

PernReloaded
03-03-15, 09:20 PM
I definitely felt the pressure with the Puffalo. I feel lucky I got it since my breeding has been absolutely shoddy for these last few limiteds.