PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update - 2-24-2015

IsisGarden
02-24-15, 11:00 AM
Today's Update...

edit(KP)

Sorry for the delay in responding, but the catalog having two items is intended.
Sorry about that!

Nerd Chic

Tables/Counters
Glow Rack (6 Day Sale)
Glow Counter (6 Day Sale)
Thin Glow (6 Day Sale)

Dressing Room
Scaled Fabric (6 Day Sale)

Wall Decor
Speech Bubble (6 Day Sale)

Decor
Nerd Chic\Glasses Display
Chic Lab
Pixel Shoes

Floor Tiles
LED Floor (6 Day Sale)

Catalog
9 Hour Catalog
(only two items -- I have asked about this. Will let you all know what they say.)

Bellamiux
02-24-15, 11:07 AM
Glowing tiles...gold blue green giveeeeeeeeeee....

CuteTali
02-24-15, 11:08 AM
I'd take some more re-released LTO's that match this week's theme! I have a gem sale, so I'd love some late vday update, or even just re-released LTO/Box items. But will probably just get a boring colorless update again...

angelmama24
02-24-15, 11:12 AM
I would like a colorful outfit for a change! Hopefully we don't get a new box, because I haven't had a gem sale in awhile.

Bellamiux
02-24-15, 11:17 AM
We want color they gonna give us some beige or gray cuz we just had black so don't push it xD lol jk jk

DragonWished
02-24-15, 11:34 AM
Color in the catalog! I'm still having fun fiddling with the displays from last week. Color makes me happy!

Did anyone look at the Best Dressed and Worst Dressed from the Oscars? Both lists chock full of bland, boring neutrals. Gah.

Bellamiux
02-24-15, 12:38 PM
Color in the catalog! I'm still having fun fiddling with the displays from last week. Color makes me happy!

Did anyone look at the Best Dressed and Worst Dressed from the Oscars? Both lists chock full of bland, boring neutrals. Gah.

Lol I imagine TL giving us the lady gaga look with the dish gloves lmao ��

angelmama24
02-24-15, 12:40 PM

I noticed that too, but there were a couple red dresses that weren't bad.

twospoons
02-24-15, 12:40 PM
nerd chic, 9 hours. is it really only a shirt & skirt?

also, a 40K coin pixel shoes display, 20K coin glasses display, 8 gem nerd chic mannequin and 40 gem chic lab display.

sorry, i can only take pics of the stuff i buy, so here's the coin displays (and hey, they're colorful!):

http://i59.tinypic.com/33dkrjm.png

CuteTali
02-24-15, 12:48 PM
Laziest update EVER!!! Even I can think of cute boots & bangles to go with this outfit. What has become of this game?

Do you guys need me to design outfits for you?

It seems like TL designers are running on empty lately...

Hopefully they're not using all their resources on even more new games. I can't keep up with all these games anymore. I just deleted some of them last month and planning on deleting some more this month. If they think they can keep luring us with new games and **** our original favorite games, then I'm not going to support all those new games!

Bellamiux
02-24-15, 12:51 PM
Wow we've reached a new level

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/40B856EA-7B00-4488-B7C4-0F255B8D78E5.png.jpeg (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/40B856EA-7B00-4488-B7C4-0F255B8D78E5.png.jpeg.html)

Bellamiux
02-24-15, 12:52 PM
I like the mannequin and would need to look at that big display up close.... No out of the box items this week no LTO no spending for me ;)

aiyoosha
02-24-15, 12:57 PM
*cries eternally*

StevenKevin
02-24-15, 12:59 PM
I like the mannequin and would need to look at that big display up close.... No out of the box items this week no LTO no spending for me ;)

i pretty like the glass display that i will prob buy, but like theres no LTO nor out of the box items there'll be no more spending for me either :)
please bring back LTOs, at least every other update, quite a few players are keen on them!!!!

angelmama24
02-24-15, 01:02 PM
Wow we've reached a new level

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/40B856EA-7B00-4488-B7C4-0F255B8D78E5.png.jpeg (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/40B856EA-7B00-4488-B7C4-0F255B8D78E5.png.jpeg.html)

That's just sad. :(

DragonWished
02-24-15, 01:04 PM
I noticed that too, but there were a couple red dresses that weren't bad.

And one that was heinous. Oh, well. At least we don't have *that* to worry about this week. ;-)

I really like the displays this week. Nice to see women portrayed in a math/science setting. Drooling over the argyle sweater.

Catalog is weak. Yeah, that's the word, weak. Two items?

aiyoosha
02-24-15, 01:08 PM
did you guys see those black pilgrim(i think thats what their called) with the bows on them shoes, have a 6 days thing on it? and so do those nerdy glasses.

CuteTali
02-24-15, 01:12 PM
did you guys see those black pilgrim(i think thats what their called) shoes i think have a 6 days thing on it?

I noticed that too. They were 26 gems before and 26 gems now. How is that a discount? If they're going to discount something then make it half off or something to make it more tempting to buy. At this price, I don't even want to bother. Also the big nerdy coin glasses in the closet are for sale for 6 days too.

aiyoosha
02-24-15, 01:15 PM
I noticed that too. They were 26 gems before and 26 gems now. How is that a discount? If they're going to discount something then make it half off or something to make it more tempting to buy. At this price, I don't even want to bother. Also the big nerdy coin glasses in the closet are for sale for 6 days too.

i have no idea why they would put a counter on those items when their not even cheaper then before?? so weird.

andromedablack
02-24-15, 01:20 PM
I had already started to loose my interest for this game and this update is just the cherry on top, what more I can say....So many great suggestions and after endless white grey and black updates we get a "nerd chic" update! Sorry but I've never even seen a nerd wearing a mini skirt and high heels.And only 2 items on the catalogue? The only reason I still play daily is to earn gems for future cute Easter updates(with bunnies) But maybe I'm too optimistic!

nic1967
02-24-15, 01:24 PM
This is it?!?!?!?! THIS is the update? It's pathetic. I think it might be time to start thinking about quitting.

jojopeanut
02-24-15, 01:25 PM
I like the shoes and glass display's. I've never seen catalog with only 2 items only the one with 3 items that's been in the game forever. Overall kinda blah update but not all can be winners. I've had a hard time playing this past week to sometimes I guess we just get bored or I'm in a blah mood with it didn't even open my game all weekend to even clear tips odd for me. Ehh I dunno maybe take a break for a month.

cakebaby75
02-24-15, 01:28 PM
Right this update...

I have a massive issue and that is a 2 item catalogue. Would it seriously have been that hard to add some shoes and accessories? As updates go, it's a new low. Saying that I don't mind the actual outfit, just wish it was 4 pieces.

The shoe stand thing is hideous and looks like it was designed by a kid in 'bring your kid to team lava day' sorry to whoever designed it.

The glasses stand is nice! So that's a positive and the Geek display is different with guys and girls doing science but not sure if it will fit in my store.

If anyone at team lava reads these posts, please, all we ask is you listen to your customers, we are loyal to the game. There are always lots of ideas seasonal and otherwise being suggested by the players. If you can't be bothered to deign outfits then use the suggestions we give you.

To team lava players, maybe if we suggest more themes and outfits to give them ideas of what we want, just keep trying and we can hope they will listen. Valentines day was a bit meh but summer is coming and so many colours and themes to work with :)

Happy shopping everyone x

DragonWished
02-24-15, 01:49 PM
I wonder if the update release missed a couple of quality checks to the code. Reading all the comments, it seems a likely scenario. I rarely look at the closet items but the comments about them, coupled with the comments about the catalog, point up a lack of attention to detail that a Critical Design Review should have caught.

I did notice that the xp is low for the stocking time and the 2 coin sale price almost makes me glad there aren't 4 items.

jewelfang
02-24-15, 02:02 PM
I am completely unsurprised by the lack of content this update. This is the same amount of content we've been getting since New years (except for the 2 piece outfit, that's terrible!), but because of out of the box old items and discounted old items, it looked like more. I tried to point this out, but got a lot of backlash about how this new business model must be working for them.

All the same, the quality of the items looks good! The Nerdy Mannequin is adorable! I wish Icould see the new Lab display. I'm glose to having enough gems for it, so I can try and peek at it myself in a day or 2.

I'm a nerd, total gamer chick, and I worked in engineering until I had my daughter (and I was 33 before I had kids, sooo...), so this update is right up my alley! And if you think nerds don't wear mini skirts, that's just some sort of weird bias. Lots of nerdy girls still want to look cute! Not all nerds are dumpy or frumpy, geeze.

Now that I'm older, I no longer wear short stuff like that, but in my 20's, at the height of my nerdiness? I would totally wear that cute skirt and tee!

So, the catalogue is cute, but 2 items is disappointing. The glasses and shoe displays, and the mannequin are all very nicely done!

DragonWished
02-24-15, 02:23 PM

I still haven't mastered getting good shots but maybe this will work for you, jewelfang.

jewelfang
02-24-15, 02:28 PM

I still haven't mastered getting good shots but maybe this will work for you, jewelfang.
Thank you DragonWished! That is SUPER cute, the details are fantastic. Again, we may be getting less stuff, but the quality of that stuff is fantastic. I must get it!

Here is your pic enlarged

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18592&d=1424812960

DragonWished
02-24-15, 02:41 PM
I think the details of the display are excellent. Still thinking about the mannequin.

IsisGarden
02-24-15, 02:54 PM
I've asked about the two item catalog. I will let you know what the response is when I get it.

jewelfang
02-24-15, 03:11 PM
I know the glow rack and table are not re-released items, but what about the Speech Bubble, Scaled Fabric Dressing Room, and LED floor tile? I tend to not even register floor tiles that cost gems, I just don't buy them, so I cannot recall if was in game normally, or is it a re-released old item?

I don't see these items as very discounted though.

mergirl96
02-24-15, 03:16 PM
I'm a nerd, total gamer chick, and I worked in engineering until I had my daughter (and I was 33 before I had kids, sooo...), so this update is right up my alley! And if you think nerds don't wear mini skirts, that's just some sort of weird bias. Lots of nerdy girls still want to look cute! Not all nerds are dumpy or frumpy, geeze.

Now that I'm older, I no longer wear short stuff like that, but in my 20's, at the height of my nerdiness? I would totally wear that cute skirt and tee!

Hey! Fellow nerd here ;) I have a feeling that I'm a lot younger than you, but I can relate to the weird assumption that nerdy girls don't dress cute. I know tons of nerds who dress to impress everyday. Yeah I have some friends who only wear t shirts and jeans but they don't look frumpy at all. People act like nerds, especially girls, could never look attractive, which is totally false. If I could I would wear pumps and a cute dress every single day!

mergirl96
02-24-15, 03:35 PM
This update is kinda awkward, with that strange two item catalog. It just doesn't look right. I'm also disappointed that there are barely any items. At least the quality of the mannequin and displays are superb. The display with the guys and girls is probably one of my all time favorites. The mannequin is so cute and I love the glasses display. Other than the update is kinda lack luster. I would have for them to go all out with this theme, but it looks like TL has been taking a lot of short cuts recently.

angelmama24
02-24-15, 03:56 PM
I am completely unsurprised by the lack of content this update. This is the same amount of content we've been getting since New years (except for the 2 piece outfit, that's terrible!), but because of out of the box old items and discounted old items, it looked like more. I tried to point this out, but got a lot of backlash about how this new business model must be working for them.

All the same, the quality of the items looks good! The Nerdy Mannequin is adorable! I wish Icould see the new Lab display. I'm glose to having enough gems for it, so I can try and peek at it myself in a day or 2.

So, the catalogue is cute, but 2 items is disappointing. The glasses and shoe displays, and the mannequin are all very nicely done!

I'm a total nerd too (physics and math major). I worked as an engineer in the aerospace industry. I wore short skirts and high heels all the time! Even in my old age (soon to be grandmother), I still wear short skirts, but I wouldn't be caught dead wearing that tee shirt!

angelmama24
02-24-15, 03:58 PM

Thanks for posting the pic of the display! It's too cute! Heading over to buy it.

orleansparish
02-24-15, 04:24 PM
I like the update. Two pieces of clothing is better than none. I take it as their saying a true nerd wouldn't care about accessories. The geek that i am, the skirt is too cute and I adore the shirt also. The practical person think they could have had some bright canvas sneakers and some bright spectacles. Overall I laugh at the Im quitting or im going to stop playing comments. It's just a game. But what's up with the non discounted discount items? Lame!

You know what would have went well with this update TL? The blue backlit tiles from yesteryear!

andromedablack
02-24-15, 04:33 PM
I don't want anyone to be insulted I just said that I haven't seen a nerd dressed like that, the word nerd makes me think of school days a few years ago where nerds wasn't dressed up that "cool" and actually no one should wear short skirts and heels at school.
I haven't noticed how "nerds" dress like in their working areas, I was talking about school nerds.
I don't know why but when I hear nerd girl it reminds me of Amy from the big bang theory.
Now I'm at University in the Humanities-Literature studies and it doesn't happen to know any "nerd girls" so I have a wrong impression but I didn't want to sound mean to anyone.Sorry if that happened. :)

CuteTali
02-24-15, 04:37 PM
I've asked about the two item catalog. I will let you know what the response is when I get it.

Btw, did you report last week's catalogue? The quantity and payof are way off. The way it is now, you barely even make 1 coin per item sold, something isn't right there. Even level 1 catalogue items earn 2 coins per item, which is really low. But last week's cataloge just hits a new low that's too low even for lower levels. Even with catalogues that earn 5 coins per item, it takes forever to save up money for expansions, just making sure they're not trying to start any new lower standards.

twospoons
02-24-15, 04:47 PM
i didn't like the idea of the large display (because a lab in a store is just weird) but now that i've seen the large pic, i'm almost won over. they're 3d printing a shoe! i don't like the other table though.

and i think "nerd" and "geek" have both become stylistic non-indicators--you can be either the fashionable kind, or the dresses-constantly-in-star-trek-shirts kind. when they release a "dweeb chic" catalog, i'll agree with you, andromedablack.

Natasha_07
02-24-15, 05:27 PM
I like the big display, I hope they made a mistake with the 2 items catalog.

Natasha_07
02-24-15, 05:34 PM
http://i58.tinypic.com/11snhnl.jpg

Jade_Kisses
02-24-15, 06:56 PM
I like the Chic Lab and it will go well with the Professionally Posh display. Unfortunately, I wiped out my gems with last week's update (to which I regret getting the Mod Closet display: love the colours but the size isn't proportionate to most of the other displays). So now, I'll have to wait for the gem sale later this week to get the 40-gem Chic Lab. >_<

jewelfang
02-24-15, 08:04 PM
I don't want anyone to be insulted I just said that I haven't seen a nerd dressed like that, the word nerd makes me think of school days a few years ago where nerds wasn't dressed up that "cool" and actually no one should wear short skirts and heels at school.
I haven't noticed how "nerds" dress like in their working areas, I was talking about school nerds.
I don't know why but when I hear nerd girl it reminds me of Amy from the big bang theory.
Now I'm at University in the Humanities-Literature studies and it doesn't happen to know any "nerd girls" so I have a wrong impression but I didn't want to sound mean to anyone.Sorry if that happened. :)

I wasn't offended, just trying to set the record straight. :-) I think it is a very common misconception.

It is funny you mention the Big Bang Theory. True, Amy dresses frumpy but she still wants to be pretty (she looked darn good as Snow White when they all went to Disneyland). But think more of Bernadette. Even though all of the characters are "charactures" of nerdy people, she strikes me as the most realistic nerdy girl. At least, I relate to her. I'm tiny, 5 foot tall, and usually quiet spoken and well mannered, but there sometimes the b*** comes out, lol. And she does dress cute!

filochick1982
02-24-15, 10:40 PM
When I think of nerdy girls, I always picture them in mismatched/unfashionable/poorly fitted clothes, plaited hair, larger than life unflattering glasses, flat Mary jane type shoes or canvas sneakers. Sorry if that offends any self confessed nerds here. It's just a stereotype. The mannequin looks more like a mousy librarian than a nerdy girl to me.

orleansparish
02-24-15, 11:33 PM
My type of nerd is a mix of high and low fashion. Fancy purse, flip flops or ballet flats even in winter, super Mario shirt, cute skirt because I hate wearing pants, clear skin and no makeup. With my phone, iPad and nintendo DS in my purse, handy at all times. Why couldn't we get a phone to display?! Now THAT would have been cool. All nerds are cool, however they look. Id like to see more makeup for the avatars. Different lipsticks. Eyeshadow maybe. My inner kid used to like playing makeup dressup games and I don't have time for that. This is as close as I can get to that.

I saw the display up closer and it's nice. Thankfully I don't need to rush to get gems. I'm going to be good and save money by not needing to get a huge gem package every month. I just need some for RS and I'll calm down. I didn't even get the discounted dragon that went off of sale today. That's progress!

Rose_00
02-25-15, 02:12 AM
I wished they would've given us the outfit on the nerd chic mannequin

JustKay
02-25-15, 03:52 AM
Well this is a strange update. Points for trying something different but I can understand why it's not going down well unanimously.

I think it's great if more girls want to learn to code, and go on to make fun stylish games like FS. This is probably a tribute to the girls in the back room fixing all the bugs (like I suspect the non-discounting Avatar items is all about) in FS and writing new game features (or FS2).

Most of the items are sort of average, but I do think the large display is very cool for one reason. That girl in the corner is 3D printing her own shoes! This is the future fellow FS'ers. Taking a style from a website and then adjusting it to your body exact measurements, & preferred heel height/length and then printing off your own exact fit (fits if you have different sized feet) in a colour tone that matches your skin (nude, anyone?). On top of all that it will be cheaper since there will be no manufacturing, storage, transportation, insurance and waste cost! Kudos for TL throwing in something futuristic like that.

mariyana2014
02-25-15, 04:05 AM
the game has become boring and disappointing, because there is nothing new! i think it is time to stop playing!

Lenkapon
02-25-15, 04:07 AM
I want the LTOs.

Bellamiux
02-25-15, 12:50 PM
The thing I love the most if this update is the mannequin and that it doesn't have the ugly platform underneath which I've always hated of other mannequins :)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/05E85616-85F9-4261-B434-46E26D5B2B23.jpg (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/05E85616-85F9-4261-B434-46E26D5B2B23.jpg.html)

I hadn't notice till I was playing with it moving it around and checking details lol

angelmama24
02-25-15, 01:30 PM
The thing I love the most if this update is the mannequin and that it doesn't have the ugly platform underneath which I've always hated of other mannequins :)

http://i149.photobucket.com/albums/s75/jmam_7112_album/Fashion%20Story/05E85616-85F9-4261-B434-46E26D5B2B23.jpg (http://s149.photobucket.com/user/jmam_7112_album/media/Fashion%20Story/05E85616-85F9-4261-B434-46E26D5B2B23.jpg.html)

I hadn't notice till I was playing with it moving it around and checking details lol

But her outfit is hideous! I like the hat and glasses, but those high waters and those shoes! Yikes!

angelmama24
02-25-15, 01:33 PM
When I think of nerdy girls, I always picture them in mismatched/unfashionable/poorly fitted clothes, plaited hair, larger than life unflattering glasses, flat Mary jane type shoes or canvas sneakers. Sorry if that offends any self confessed nerds here. It's just a stereotype. The mannequin looks more like a mousy librarian than a nerdy girl to me.

I suppose this could offend some, but it just makes me laugh! Some people have such misconceptions. Apparently you are not a "nerd." Lol

Bellamiux
02-25-15, 02:48 PM
But her outfit is hideous! I like the hat and glasses, but those high waters and those shoes! Yikes!

Ow sorry that you don't like it :(
I like it xD lol then again I'm no fashion guru hehe I live for simple stuff

CuteTali
02-25-15, 03:21 PM

I agree. From the waist up, she's designed well, almost bought it. Then I noticed the puffy high-waisted too-short pants and those shoes, so I ended up not buying it.

JustKay
02-25-15, 03:56 PM

Aw, "she got the velcros" !!

sally_brown
02-25-15, 06:57 PM
The thing I love the most if this update is the mannequin and that it doesn't have the ugly platform underneath which I've always hated of other mannequins :)I disagree! :) Without the stand (which is what the platform is, a mannequin stand), then it looks like it's just a lady standing there weird.

angelmama24
02-25-15, 07:02 PM
I agree. From the waist up, she's designed well, almost bought it. Then I noticed the puffy high-waisted too-short pants and those shoes, so I ended up not buying it.

Even that blouse is hideous. Who would wear that? Again, yikes!

angelmama24
02-25-15, 07:05 PM
Aw, "she got the velcros" !!

Lol. I've got velcro on my MK high-top sneaks, but they are much more fashionable!

Natasha_07
02-25-15, 09:05 PM
Lol. I've got velcro on my MK high-top sneaks, but they are much more fashionable!

She probably went BTTF and forgot to change. :cool:

Bellamiux
02-25-15, 11:04 PM
Ok nobody likes it I get it , sorry I mentioned it >_>'

Ic3e
02-26-15, 07:19 AM

I think she looks very chic and classy. Right up downtown London's alley (no pun intended). She kinda reminds me of Zoella (Zoe Sugg) anyone know her? I think she's just so pretty and I think this mannequin does resemble her style a bit. Chic, smart casual wear. This mannequin also kinda reminds me of Charlie Chaplin haha! What I don't like about the mannequin is how massive it looks against other mannequins xD However, I do love that she has no platform! I really want more mannequins without platform, they look better without them.

Ic3e
02-26-15, 07:27 AM
I don't really like the "nerd" catalog. Is this an "okay" representation of nerds? Sort've, some do have an off sense of style. Are the heels necessary? No. Is the overall look fashionable? Absolutely not.

Like I said last week, mannequins and display girls always get the best clothes. All the other girls have chic, classy, London-esque, Fortune 500, New York corporate climber, cute n' preppy clothes! The girl with the high bun in the Nerd Lab display is rocking her look! Female Charlie Chaplin looks stunning! And what do we get? Awkward tween geek. I'm not bashing the style of awkward tween geeks, because actually in reality they're pretty stylish not utterly clueless, but this look (the hideous text tee and graphic skirt) is just terrible.

jewelfang
02-26-15, 09:25 AM
Even that blouse is hideous. Who would wear that? Again, yikes!
Really? It's a white, button up blouse with a little bow is hideous? It's not like it's weird. IT's classics, simple, looks very much like the blouse Audrey Hepburn wore in Roman Holiday. I agree the short pants are not flattering, but the blouse is very nice.

It's a good thing fashion is subjective.

angelmama24
02-26-15, 11:52 AM

Everyone is entitled to their opinion hun, no need to apologize. Just don't be offended by those of us who don't like it.

AuntyRose32
02-26-15, 12:18 PM
Sorry but I've never even seen a nerd wearing a mini skirt and high heels.

Exactly..... Oh but this is a hipster nerd andromedablack!

Anyone wearing a pair of glasses and reading a book these days is referred to as a nerd or a hipster (the hipster might possibly be drinking a $20 coffee made from acorns, yak dung & a flower found in the wilds of Alaska or some such, while wearing glasses and reading the book) and TL are a little confused by it all it seems.

Nerds everywhere are hanging their heads and weeping at the injustice of it all, to be thrown in with the miniskirt, high heal wearing chic girls is not their thing at all.

CuteTali
02-26-15, 02:28 PM
Nerds everywhere are hanging their heads and weeping at the injustice of it all, to be thrown in with the miniskirt, high heal wearing chic girls is not their thing at all.

In general, actual real nerds don't go around wearing 5" heels, no. Neither do they wear an itty bitty teeny tiny mini skirt. They tens to "hide" themselves behind big oversized shapeless clothing that don't flatter their shape, or lack of. For referral, think about Velma from scooby doo and you got a "chic nerd". This one is more like just a nerdy chic :p Maybe that's what they were trying to portray there to begin with. I'm not complaining about the catalogue itself in a fashion game though, we got a coin skirt and a pink shirt, not bad at all. Just need some over-the-knee black boots to go with it, which aren't currently in the closet.

nky1111
02-26-15, 03:40 PM
well u generally can't put on much of these oversized clothes when it's hot xDD but heels are definitely no. if it's that hot i'd wear flip flops already))

and nerds don't read books any more , there are google glasses for that )))

mergirl96
02-26-15, 03:49 PM
I think it's cute too. I guess we're in the minority.

nky1111
02-26-15, 03:53 PM
it's cute but it's , well, very old). like she's lived in that library for a century)

Natasha_07
02-26-15, 04:04 PM

It's okay dear, I actually like it because it really gives me an 80s vibe and not a 'nerd' look if that's what TL was after.
BTW I don't see anything wrong with being intellectual & sci-fi obsessive.

That's why I mentioned the BTTF comment. :)

JustKay
02-26-15, 04:29 PM

She probably went BTTF and forgot to change. :cool:

Lol, it was a "thrift shop" by Macklemore reference. Not saying it's bad or good. Out of all these items, I think the mannequin is the only one I can really use in any of my stores. I'm slowly increasing the crowd at my gym, which will give it a sense of frozen life when I finally close off the door. For that I do need more mannequins without platforms. She's also dressed in vintage clothing that you might find her in an japanese garden. Looking a bit more closer, maybe she does have laces, it just wasn't clear against the black tile backdrop of the snapshot.

dalula
02-26-15, 04:58 PM
I don't like the catalog. I really like the mannequin though; I think her shirt is nice and the pants fit well. I would have preferred the shoes to be booties or heels, but they're fine.

matrixkitten
02-26-15, 06:03 PM
I personally love the mannequin! It is the first one I've been tempted by thus far (though, I am only level 38 and haven't yet unlocked many of them). She fits in quite nicely just chilling among my racks and counters. The lab display is very beautiful as well, but has no place in my shop at this point in time.

The catalog, on the other hand, I don't like at all. I won't be touching it for a very long time. I see nothing "nerd chic" about it.

filochick1982
02-26-15, 06:12 PM
I would really like that mannequin if she had a pair of heels on instead of those ugly flat shoes. I think the rest of her outfit is fine, though I'm not overy keen on her hat. If she had a nice beret with a bow on it, or some other embellishment, I think it would look nice. High waisted ankle grazing pants are very chic PROVIDED you have the figure to pull them off. If you don't, then yes, they would look hideous on.

orleansparish
02-26-15, 06:57 PM
Ow sorry that you don't like it :(
I like it xD lol then again I'm no fashion guru hehe I live for simple stuff

I get you. I think the clothes look amazing. It's snowing her slightly with ice on the ground here in Texas. And here I am in flip flops, a super Mario shirt, infinity scarf and a ruffle Chanel skier my sis bought for me. Needs come in all shapes and sizes. Some people a while back even claimed the game was too provocative based on what one of the girls was wearing. It's fun we can discuss fashion and giggle. I just ordered a Wonder Woman case for my iPod. Finished reading a story about the walking dead. And studied biology. Be a nerd girl. It's cute!

orleansparish
02-26-15, 06:58 PM
And I know folks hate this, but we need more boys! Stop dropping them here and there on displays. Let a dude shine on her own. Make a his and hers outfit! Like an evening gown for the Mrs. And a nice stylish suit for her Mr. Now that would be amazing!

Rose_00
02-26-15, 08:19 PM
I think she looks very chic and classy. Right up downtown London's alley (no pun intended). She kinda reminds me of Zoella (Zoe Sugg) anyone know her? I think she's just so pretty and I think this mannequin does resemble her style a bit. Chic, smart casual wear. This mannequin also kinda reminds me of Charlie Chaplin haha! What I don't like about the mannequin is how massive it looks against other mannequins xD However, I do love that she has no platform! I really want more mannequins without platform, they look better without them.

Yes! I've been a fan of Zoella's for years :) I thought the mannequin looked like her as well lol

jojopeanut
02-26-15, 10:35 PM
Guessing sense no answer back from TL staff that it's supposed to be a 2 item catalog. Very surprising maybe the Easter bunnys will have one ear and no tails.

JustKay
02-26-15, 11:42 PM
Guessing sense no answer back from TL staff that it's supposed to be a 2 item catalog. Very surprising maybe the Easter bunnys will have one ear and no tails.

Yes, strange. I hope this trend doesn't continue. It looks bad with all that black space, and we only get 4 gems from mastering this catalog instead of 8 we usually can get.

andromedablack
02-27-15, 06:04 AM
Exactly..... Oh but this is a hipster nerd andromedablack!

Anyone wearing a pair of glasses and reading a book these days is referred to as a nerd or a hipster (the hipster might possibly be drinking a $20 coffee made from acorns, yak dung & a flower found in the wilds of Alaska or some such, while wearing glasses and reading the book) and TL are a little confused by it all it seems.

Good thing someone agrees with me, I still believe nerds don't go out with mini skirts and stilettos but anyway everyone can dress they way they like and call themselves how they want.

Still a really BAD update for me, there are so many other themes they could design and I hope we won't get any more catalogues with 2 items!
I hope to see some spring/easter updates and sale soon, can't wait to fill my shop with colors and bunnies.

lelaina752
02-27-15, 09:35 AM
I appear to be in the minority, but I think the chic lab display is really cool. I like the detail, colors, and the idea of it. It's different and innovative.

I do agree that only 2 items in the catalog is disappointing.

aishaibrahims
02-27-15, 01:34 PM
Not a huge fan of this update personally. I do like the display, and love what iv seen others do with it, just cant see it fitting in my place, not my taste. Beautifully drawn tho. Mannequins cute, like her face hair and hat, i dont buy many mannequins tho! Even tho they belong in a boutique! Upset no ltos or box items, hoping to see some next week and the outfit isnt even worth me mentioning! Think every1 else said it all!!

Jade_Kisses
02-28-15, 03:51 AM
TL added a LTO: Viral Couture for 10 gems. Anyone getting it?

StevenKevin
02-28-15, 04:00 AM
Ty for adding a LTO :) i already have a lot of mannequins so a couple of days before i make up my mind but hard to resist 10 gems for aLTO lol

Lina_101
02-28-15, 07:05 AM
I actually really like the new LTO! That whole "is this a white and gold or black and blue dress" is getting a bit annoying now because it's everywhere but it's pretty cool that TL made a mannequin wearing that dress! :D and it's even cooler that the color of the dress changes when you rotate the mannequin ;) I like it!

StevenKevin
02-28-15, 09:03 AM
And I know folks hate this, but we need more boys! Stop dropping them here and there on displays. Let a dude shine on her own. Make a his and hers outfit! Like an evening gown for the Mrs. And a nice stylish suit for her Mr. Now that would be amazing!

i totally second that :)

StevenKevin
02-28-15, 09:04 AM
I actually really like the new LTO! That whole "is this a white and gold or black and blue dress" is getting a bit annoying now because it's everywhere but it's pretty cool that TL made a mannequin wearing that dress! :D and it's even cooler that the color of the dress changes when you rotate the mannequin ;) I like it!

wow really? cant really figure out how colors are changing i do have to buy that LTO to understand that lol

Natasha_07
02-28-15, 10:17 AM
Ty for adding a LTO :) i already have a lot of mannequins so a couple of days before i make up my mind but hard to resist 10 gems for aLTO lol

Me too, used my last 10 gems to get her. :D

Agree with a previous poster about the not having the base for the mannequins.

MizCricket
03-01-15, 05:20 AM
The new new LTO mannequin is really nice, but is there a reason why she is an Amazon? She really is quite large. It would be better to keep the scale of the mannequins the same so some of them don't look "off" when they're placed near others.

Zee_Zatara
03-01-15, 09:35 AM
I would like to formally request that TeamLava reduce the scale of the Viral Couture mannequin LTO so she looks human size. She is a massive giantess and looks very awkward next to any other figure in the game. This totally puts me off from buying her. It's a shame since the design of the mannequin is nice.

CuteTali
03-01-15, 01:16 PM
Yes, she's bigger than older mannequins, but I think there are 3 good reasons for that:

1. Considering the special effect of her dress (what colors can you see) and the great hype over this dress in specific, being a bigger doll showcases these details better, because you know for a lot of people who don't read the forums or follow social media trends, they're just gonna look at it real close to try and figure it out.

2. I think TL may be moving towards bigger mannequins from now on. This helps us in seeing all the details in their clothes better, especially considering all the new fabric effects they've been experimenting with lately (lace, leather, sequins, metalic foil, glitter and various different fabric textures), also they've been creating more and more new face and hairstyle designs for newer mannequins and displays and a lot of the great work and detail that goes into making all those models kind of goes to waste on smaller scale models, that you have to zoom really close to see anything.

3. Another point is that originally all these games were developed mainly for iPhones, but now with iPads and tablets being the more popular choice of gaming devices, there's a need to make items larger and better detailed.

For instance, do you remember the mint green runway from just a few weeks ago? I'm guessing this is another one of their newer designs. The new models and displays we've been getting lately might just be some items they designed right before they decided on the switch to bigger scale models. A good hint for those items is how un-cohesive they are with the other items they come out with.

These are my theories anyway. I suppose we'll have to wait and see what all we get for the next several months to figure it out.

I personally like the new bigger scale models and displays, feels like I get better value for my money when I get items with clearer, bigger, more detailed design.

JustKay
03-01-15, 04:11 PM
@CuteTali - just thought of something nefarious... if they change the scale of all new mannequins, that would effectively invalidate all their existing decoration items since a store would look strange with giant and normal mannequins. By doing so, if you want to display new items you'll have the impulse to store all your older items that no longer match the new scale! Thus, forcing people to eschew old displays in favor of redecorating with new decorations that will cost gems...

Very conspiracy theory, but I would cry if that was their plan. ToT

nky1111
03-01-15, 06:33 PM
u can place larger items at the front and smaller at the back side ))

CuteTali
03-01-15, 09:25 PM
u can place larger items at the front and smaller at the back side ))

Yep, that and also, I have the mint runway among many other displays and mannequins all around it and it really looks just fine. It's like when people got upset about the umbrella mannequin being smaller when it never bothered me, because I used to put her by herself somewhere and even now when she's next to all the other girls, it doesn't look bad either, she's just younger :)

minidemon88
03-02-15, 10:05 AM
I'm a little surprised when I saw the new LTO. Then it make me realized that they don't take month/a long time to design our weekly updates. Lol :rolleyes:

I just hope the next updates we get, it won't be 2 items for new catalog please! The more items for the catalog the better = more gems earn. =x

mergirl96
03-02-15, 02:39 PM
I'm a little surprised when I saw the new LTO. Then it make me realized that they don't take month/a long time to design our weekly updates. Lol :rolleyes:

I was thinking the same thing. Now it makes me wonder why we bother suggesting things months in advance.

filochick1982
03-02-15, 02:53 PM
A TL staff member mentioned previously that content is created weeks in advance because various tests need to be performed on each content item to make sure it's compatible and performs in the game as intended. Therefore, this week's update would have been designed and created weeks ago, and the testing done probably a couple of weeks ago. They probably managed to create TheDress LTO very quickly because 1) they didn't need to search for a dress design 2) it's one little mannequin and hardly a complicated display with lots of detail and 3) it's one single item to test which obviously wouldn't take as long as a regular amount of new content.

alexnfriends
03-02-15, 09:01 PM
Only 2 items and hardly any xps relative to the 9 hr order time... AND... rather tacky... so sad..!

alexnfriends
03-02-15, 09:02 PM
I am almost afraid to wonder about this week, after the last update, what a fiasco...

kooky panda
03-09-15, 10:25 AM
Sorry for the delay in responding, but the catalog having two items is intended.
Sorry about that!