PDA

View Full Version : Some pointers for players

noabcd
02-22-15, 11:12 PM
From my game experience:

*Coins- bronze coins are worth 1 point, silver coins 3, gold 5 and flying gold 7. all coins count the same towards the treasure bonus, so collecting gold coins won't get you there faster.
*Runners- the one which doubles the treasure time is the best to score points. Not only the treasure time is double, you can collect more coins there. it is about X3 more coins per treasure.
*Bonus- runners' bonuses are accumulative. If you upgrade Kimi you will get that bonus for all the other runners as well. It means that you have no reason to spend money on upgrading the good runners before completing the upgrades of the cheaper ones.
*Daily Bonus- there is a bug in the daily bonus. If you don't complete the mission on your first run you will not get the daily bonus. There is a way to avoid it- if you force close the game after every run (or just before the run you succeed in) you will get that bonus.

Cheers

fozea2
02-28-15, 01:08 AM
I'll add to this!

- Buy a few pets until you have a few silver or gold ones. You may get lucky and get a platinum, but don't waste your gold trying for platinum when you're first starting. Spend your gold on updating your runners first, and update them from least to most expensive (as the previous poster pointed out their bonus are cumulative). Don't start spending a lot of gold on pets until you've maxed out everything else.

- The whirlwind boost is the most useful to score a lot of points. If you catch it just before you enter treasure time, and you have a treasure time layout with a lot of coins, you can potentially score pretty high. Focus on maxing out that one, then the Fly one, then Ghost, then Grow.

- For Mounts, the Golden Lion is the best to score points (although around the 4000m mark all coins are gold so its power is useless), so max out that one first. Then max out the Spirit Beast, then the Vixen.

- When you're running, if you come across a part of the path where you can choose between a boost and a mount, take the mount. Even if their power is useless (ie, the golden lion after 4000m), mounts offer an extra hit point and will also protect you against falls in pits, which boosts won't do. The only exception is if you're about to enter treasure time, then your priorities should be the boost if it's whirlwind, otherwise go for the mount.

- Remember that the Spirit Beast sprints faster and jumps further than the runner (unless you're past 4000m then they're the same speed). The Grow boost will also make you jump further. Take that into consideration when jumping over a series of pits so you don't end up plummeting into the second or third one because you jumped over the cliff or monster you were supposed to bounce on.

- From my experience, you'll need about 50K points to pass into the Silver league (obviously it varies week to week), 100k should get you into Gold on a good week, and you'll need at least 200k to get into Platinum.

- Pets level up when you get one you already have. For bronze pets, you get an extra 1% per additional pet. For silver, it's 2%, for gold, it's 5%. I haven't managed to level up my platinum ones yet but I assume it's 10%. Don't underestimate the bronze pets - they level up slowly, but you'll get a tons of them. My two highest pets for gold bonus are bronze, and my two highest pets for score bonus are bronze and silver.

- Don't equip a pet with a gold bonus and a pet with a score bonus together. Decide in advance whether you're trying to get a high score (for the tournament) or you're trying to accumulate gold, and equip 2 pets with the same kind of bonus to increase your odds. I would suggest equipping score-boosting pets until you're satisfied with your tournament ranking then switch to gold-boosting pets for the rest of the week. Keep an eye on the leaderboard though, and re-equip the score boosters if someone passes you.

noabcd
03-01-15, 12:06 PM
I have a different experience from tournaments. I reached platinum with 50k....

fozea2
03-02-15, 01:07 AM
I have a different experience from tournaments. I reached platinum with 50k....

Wow. I'm in gold right now and the #1 player has 2.5 million points. #5 has 228k.

noabcd
03-03-15, 04:01 AM
Wow. I'm in gold right now and the #1 player has 2.5 million points. #5 has 228k.

I guess they group players by something. Last week I made second in platinum with 59k. This week number 5 has 60k

fozea2
03-03-15, 04:59 PM
Wish I were in your group. I average about 130k a run and I can't even rank high enough in Gold to win gems. :(

dangerb0y
03-18-15, 01:03 PM
In platinum I usually average 50 to 55k and place 10-20, the high score is always over 100k. Last week I placed 40th because I intentionally kept my score low, about 35k.

This week my 50k score is good for 2nd place with everyone else scoring in the mid 30's to 40's.

I'm thinking every other week I have to place low so I can have a real chance to earn gems.

M3nopaws
04-01-15, 07:25 PM
How can u die whilst entering Treasure ...... It's happened on many occasions !!!!!!!

Bakerling
10-16-15, 05:15 AM
Wish I were in your group. I average about 130k a run and I can't even rank high enough in Gold to win gems. :(

I have the same though with you.