PDA

View Full Version : Lucky Bait Not Working

ciarjen
02-22-15, 06:49 AM
Not only is the drop rate on lucky fish very low considering the amount of resources needed to make this, I have actually caught nothing with it. The result is an empty hook saying try again. Surely this can't be right.

Other players are reporting the same. I have never seen this before with any other bait. Is this a bug?

sloebear
02-22-15, 07:21 AM
This has happened to me too, twice in a row now. This is the message that came up for me.

ciarjen
02-22-15, 07:25 AM
That's it, that's what I am getting too.

princessskykennedy
02-22-15, 07:55 AM
Getting it too

Nastylilhobbits
02-22-15, 07:57 AM
This has happened during other events also despite promises of no more empty hooks.

babs3449
02-22-15, 08:18 AM
Happened to me too. Definitely unfair to us players and contributes to all the reasons for me NOT to spend actuall $$$!!

Oneyellowlab
02-22-15, 10:55 AM
I have crafted at least 20 lucky bait and have not caught 1 lucky fish, this can't be right. :(

kooky panda
02-22-15, 11:29 AM
As per past information we should not be getting empty hooks.
I have fished about 4 times and only gotten one lucky fish.

I will report this over.

ciarjen
02-22-15, 11:31 AM
As per past information we should not be getting empty hooks.
I have fished about 4 times and only gotten one lucky fish.

I will report this over.

Thanks Kooky.

nicxole
02-22-15, 10:17 PM
Ive gone through 10 baits in a row and not a single lucky fish. That doesn't include the 2 dozen+ I used earlier and gotten only 4 so far :( I understand this is supposed to be a challenge but less than a 10% drop rate? thats crazy

Rockinkitten
02-23-15, 01:31 AM
I don't have the option to make this bait

ciarjen
02-23-15, 03:04 AM
I don't have the option to make this bait

You need to complete the Chinese New year goal and when the Lucky Dumpling goal appears after, the bait is craftable.

ciarjen
02-23-15, 03:10 AM
I think the best drop rate we are seeing is 1 in 4. The reality is people are expereincing a lot lower than that and going 10 baits without any fish but assuming a drop rate of 1 in 4 this is what we need to meet the goal.

15 dumplings

You need 30 fish

You need at least 120 bait to catch them

You need 240 iron to make the bait

You need about 480 mining tools to get 240 iron

Some response/feedback from TL on this issue would be much appreciated.

Thanks

lola_legend
02-23-15, 05:04 AM
16 special bait and I've made two dumplings. I get the feeling that this is going to be impossible. This will just frustrate players. I'll give it another day to see if there are any changes made but I'm sick of these impossible/money trapping tasks.

pundoggity
02-23-15, 05:30 AM
This has happened to me too, twice in a row now. This is the message that came up for me.

Same here. Feel like I have gone back in time TL ;) what's with the empty hooks?

catpaladin
02-23-15, 01:22 PM
My mining tools have gone from 70 each to 30each. I have received NO special fish for any of my tries. I have stopped trying. I just deleted the game and will reinstall it and try with my remaining bait. Then, I will just give up.

Now I just get the empty hook.

Thanks TL for letting this drag on so as to discourage us.

No more making bait for me.

Doubt I'll complete this because all I can do is scour the shops.

Going to work now. Spent all morning trying to succeed at this - after spending all night doing same.

[S8] Walt
02-23-15, 04:12 PM
Sorry about that everyone. This empty hook issue should now be fixed!

We've also listened to your feedback about the Lucky Fish, so now instead of only getting 1 Lucky Fish when you catch it, you'll now get 2! :cool:

Please make sure to force close the game to make sure everything updates properly.

lola_legend
02-23-15, 04:26 PM
My mining tools have gone from 70 each to 30each. I have received NO special fish for any of my tries. I have stopped trying. I just deleted the game and will reinstall it and try with my remaining bait. Then, I will just give up.

Now I just get the empty hook.

Thanks TL for letting this drag on so as to discourage us.

No more making bait for me.

Doubt I'll complete this because all I can do is scour the shops.

Going to work now. Spent all morning trying to succeed at this - after spending all night doing same.

DITTO. Second that. Amen. I tried a couple more times as well and no luck with lucky fish. I can't sit here all day doing this. They make these games for you to spend coins or play 24/7. Forget sleeping much less working. No thank you

catpaladin
02-23-15, 11:17 PM
DITTO. Second that. Amen. I tried a couple more times as well and no luck with lucky fish. I can't sit here all day doing this. They make these games for you to spend coins or play 24/7. Forget sleeping much less working. No thank you

Got home, reinstalled the game and got a sardine then 2 lucky fish as reported by moderator. I also got some dumplings in the shop and a few fish from the shop. I paid 10 gems to speed the last dumpling to get on to the mums. With the fix in the fish - I have more hope.

Let's see how this plays out. I don't understand how the person I bought the fish from was able to get so many.

I work full time but I was able to get the star on the Christmas tree and the piggy on the anniversary cake. I usually get at least one special pet. I've been able to finish these things but this one felt like it was impossible.

I was even successful with the Valentine's quest.

I do end up buying the special shacks to make my own parts -- when it's offered -- because I work so many hours.

ciarjen
02-24-15, 02:07 AM
Walt;1061877']Sorry about that everyone. This empty hook issue should now be fixed!

We've also listened to your feedback about the Lucky Fish, so now instead of only getting 1 Lucky Fish when you catch it, you'll now get 2! :cool:

Please make sure to force close the game to make sure everything updates properly.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :cool::cool:

sloebear
02-24-15, 04:36 AM
Walt;1061877']Sorry about that everyone. This empty hook issue should now be fixed!

That's great, thank you very much! :) Is there any way to get back the bait used on empty hooks at all? With how hard it is to get iron it still really sucks that I used 2 per bait just to get nothing at all in return

lola_legend
02-24-15, 08:15 PM

So I just used 4 special bait and got zero lucky fish. I'm guessing the fixes didn't improve the odds of getting lucky fish?

ciarjen
02-25-15, 01:56 AM
So I just used 4 special bait and got zero lucky fish. I'm guessing the fixes didn't improve the odds of getting lucky fish?

No, they didn't change the odds on getting the fish........only changed it to 2 instead of 1 if you are lucky to get it.

wiki27
02-25-15, 11:11 AM
Just used up the last of my mining tools and special bait, I got zero lucky fish. It doesn't look like I'm going any further on this event.