PDA

View Full Version : Is the ONLY WAY TO GET MORE VALENTINE VARDS TO BUY THE PKG?

ElaineCarrel
02-20-15, 08:21 PM
I'm 3 cards short of needing the final 20 for the last recipe, Valentine Cupcakes. So if I'm understanding it correctly I've got to buy tat stupid pkg to get my last 3 I need? Talk about a ripoff. I don't think it's fair at all. Tl gets real money from ppl for gems. I don't c y Frank wasn't continued until the end of the month. I can't afford to buy the special pkg so I guess I'll stare at that stupid LEARN on the recipe until I quit playing the game.
I think it stinks TL and it's unfair.

nmishii
02-20-15, 09:17 PM
Looking back at the goal thread, it looks like the goals were released on 2/4 and was listed at 15 days. It ended today which I count as 16 days. Given the initial drop rate of 1 card every 3-3.5 hrs, it was nearly impossible to complete. But then TL changed the drop rate to 1 or 2 cards every 2.5 hrs, and getting enough cards became reasonable for anyone regardless of level. I think TL was being fair. And as you may know from regular RS and BS, TL has yet to extend goals unless there were circumstances to mess up the players, as what happened in FTW yesterday. Staring at the "stupid LEARN" is equivalent to starting at locked appliances on RS and BS, and I recall you are okay with newer players looking at that while your appliances are unlocked.

The drop rate was pretty much constant. You could count on card(s) dropping at a certain time. The Feb/Valentine goals in FS2, Castle Story, and Fairy Tale Wonderland had some really low, random, drops and I feel fortunate that this game had a constant drop rate. I waited for the goal to download the game and got a late start, and have 56 extra cards more than needed to unlock my remaining recipe. So it was fair.

TL was more than fair in allowing additional cards to be purchased after the goals ended. Unfortunately the quantity didn't match every players needs exactly, but it was fair.

What they could have done better was break up the goals by level so that people knew up front what they could and could not do.

tiggerhobbes
02-20-15, 11:06 PM
One card is only 8 gems to skip, you can just spend 24 gems to skip the last three.

Early in the event when Frank had enough self-respect to make himself scarce, I actually puchased the last card (8 gems) to get started on the strawberry shortcake recipe, as I was out of pantry space and needed to use up my strawberries faster.

I think TL has vastly under-estimated how attached people get to task completions. I play castle story as well and I've found a lot of the tasks are impossible for me if I can't nurse my game all day long, vast majority of the tasks expire for me *just* before I finish them. I guess that trained me to learn to shrug and say 'oh well, who cares.'

WinnyWoos
02-20-15, 11:12 PM
I actually puchased the last card (8 gems) to get started on the strawberry shortcake recipe

Strawberry Shortcake require Valentines Day cards to learn??

PraxisOfGood
02-20-15, 11:14 PM
I think tigger meant to say heartberry tart. :)

tiggerhobbes
02-20-15, 11:15 PM
yeah that one lol. Sorry I keep thinking they are the same recipe, they probably take up the same space in my braincells.

yannie2013
02-21-15, 10:53 AM
I agree; this whole game is just to get you to spend money.
I would rather bakery story; I have a fighting chance. I have a life; and can't stay on just this games for hours on end (it's way to boring to even attempt that.)
TL needs to realize that some people can only check tee game once a day.
I wasn't even close to getting any but one recipes; I waisted my time doing that goal.
At least in Bs; ovens aren't expensive. 17,000 for one oven, ONE?
C'mon; that is so redic to me as a new player; and I've been checking this game everyday for a month so far; and I am thinking on giving up.
I try to save my money for important stuff; then they bombard you with these goals with low rewards; but you pay high.

WinnyWoos
02-21-15, 12:30 PM
yeah that one lol. Sorry I keep thinking they are the same recipe, they probably take up the same space in my braincells.

Ok sweet! I started sweating there for a second, lol!

catfoodie
02-21-15, 01:05 PM
I honestly don't understand why people so concerned about this quest. In every game I played (including mmorpgs and such) the best rewards goes to high level players. TL picked up level 35 which is not that high (I was able to get it maybe playing 1,5 month not really hardcore). And for lower levels there was a reward as well so it's not like low level players didn't get anything. I agree that TL should ve put some note about required level to be able to complete the quest so people don't get all excited.
And I don't understand how it is possible to be short on 3 cards. Like the information about how many cards people need to learn the recipe is available for players as well as number of cards in the inventory. So if someone so concerned about learning the recipe later on - just check the game more often last day or so. I agree that in the beginning frank wasn't really coming too often, but after TL fixed it he was coming more than enough in my opinion (since I was able to get 91 card while I only needed 20 for te recipe on level 47). So I don't think it is fair to blame TL for your own mistakes. They didn't lie about the time frame of the event, everyone knew it was 15 days and there also was a timer so it is impossible to not know how much time left til the end.
Also regardless paying money - it is possible to play not paying anything. Sure it takes more time, but that's the whole point of the game. If player not able to check the game frequently it is possible to progress, it would take more time though. The higher level - the more money you get so, in my opinion, the game is pretty balanced in this sense. I never felt that it is impossible to get enough coins to get something. The worst scenario is to wait couple days (which is completely fair for games where waiting is the major part). So in a nutshell, I don't think that TL did something wrong with an event and game in general. There are a lot of players who like the game the way it is, and if you don't like it - then just don't play it. There is no need to be mean about TL being weird about game structure. Personally I'm totally okay with checking game few times a day. If I can't do it today I know I still can do it tomorrow and won't lose a lot of game experience (besides coins).

CuteTali
02-21-15, 01:45 PM
I am also wondering the same thing. I want to unlock all recipes on the vday appliance, because they all look so cute, but even if I did buy the pack, that wouldn't be enough to unlock all recipes. Now that the event is over, we should be able to unlock those recipes with just having the right ingredients.

yannie2013
02-21-15, 02:28 PM
I love how if you don't praise this game, everyones all like 'but why?'.
Maybe you guys have time to babysit this game. But others don't. I'm not bashing TL; just giving my opinion on this game based on bakery story; which I loved.
I feel like it's already hard to level up as it is, but of course you guys think I'm whinin king just because; I'm sure you're all at a higher level than my petty 15; and play the game continuously.
I want to give the game a chance; doesn't mean I have to like everything about it; or that I can't complain about it.
I knew from the beginning I wasn't going to finish the recipe; I wasn't concerned about it; just thought it was fair.
The rewards should be somewhat equal.
How fair is it for me to spend the little money I have (being lower level an broke) for some petty prize; where you. Get a prize that's better because your a higher level (and have the money to spend on this ****; or gems).
At least in their other games; you have a chance at their goals.
But tats just me; someone with a child who can't and don't even want to babysit this game 24/7.
I think I'm in the minority with this game.

catfoodie
02-21-15, 03:15 PM
My point was that higher levels should get some prizes as well as low levels. On step 9 lower levels was able to get a reward. I don't see how it is not equal.
I respect opinions of all people and if someone don't like the game - it's perfectly fine with me. I was just saying that it is possible to play game without baby sitting it and spending money. In my opinion 15 days was enough to get cards for recipes and get a reward (birds and/or xo sign). And TL said that with enough cards it is still possible to learn recipes later on. I do think that game some flows, but I don't think that the event deserves all hate that people have been saying about time frame, levels, rewards and cards.

ElaineCarrel
02-21-15, 08:22 PM
I could care less about the prizes for this challenge it's the recipes I want. I can't believe that I spent my coins, hard earned coins, for a oven that I'll only b able to cook 2 recipes on. That's what has me upset. I started and am continuing to play RS2 bcuz I'm bored w the reg bakery and restaurant stories since Ive mastered everything in both except the new recipes that were just released in this wk's update. I'm finding RS 2 challenging due to the fact I'm constantly having to think ahead and it's keeping me busy. Where w the old games I set things up in the morning and have all tipping and gifting done by 11am so it frees me up. I'm retired, live in a nursing home and spend my awake hrs in a power chair so I need something to occupy my time. This fits the requirements nicely.

So the heck w the prizes just give me either the recipes or some other way to unlock all of the when I reach the other LVLS Plz.
Thanks TL.

CuteTali
02-21-15, 09:00 PM
I love how if you don't praise this game, everyones all like 'but why?'.
Maybe you guys have time to babysit this game. But others don't. I'm not bashing TL; just giving my opinion on this game based on bakery story; which I loved.
I feel like it's already hard to level up as it is, but of course you guys think I'm whinin king just because; I'm sure you're all at a higher level than my petty 15; and play the game continuously.
I want to give the game a chance; doesn't mean I have to like everything about it; or that I can't complain about it.
I knew from the beginning I wasn't going to finish the recipe; I wasn't concerned about it; just thought it was fair.
The rewards should be somewhat equal.
How fair is it for me to spend the little money I have (being lower level an broke) for some petty prize; where you. Get a prize that's better because your a higher level (and have the money to spend on this ****; or gems).
At least in their other games; you have a chance at their goals.
But tats just me; someone with a child who can't and don't even want to babysit this game 24/7.
I think I'm in the minority with this game.

Actually, you're not the only one! The thing I don't like the most about this game is how you have to babysit it to get anywhere. Compared to bakery and restaurant story games, where you can cook all of the same food of the same type of appliance until it's finished, then move to another recipe, this game is a pain to play. Not only can you not use full amount of the same appliances at once, but what much worse is the whole market idea. You have to sit there and wait for ingredients to be ready, or log in about every 2-4 hours to get 2 more of each piece to make a full recipe eventually. It's just too time consuming and aggrevating. I think this game, along with farm story 2, where instead of ingredients, you have to collect from animals to crafts items, you also have to babysit too much to play well. These two games will both have to be deleted from all my devices. I don't want to get into games that require checking more than 1-4 times a day and I already check many other much more fun TL games.

tiggerhobbes
02-22-15, 01:05 AM
I could care less about the prizes for this challenge it's the recipes I want. I can't believe that I spent my coins, hard earned coins, for a oven that I'll only b able to cook 2 recipes on. That's what has me upset.

I'm curious how many coins did you spend on the valentine stove?

I'm actually really disappointed with the recipes, but the stove was only a few hundred coins for me to purchase so it's almost free for me. Are they charging other players more coins?

Some of the higher level recipes in the valentine stove cost 121,000coins to unlock (compared to a few hundred coins for the stove itself.) If you are upset that the stove costed too much, maybe it's best that you won't ever have to unlock those higher level recipes, because that's where it gets really seriously expensive.

I think each letter can be purchased with 8 gems. If you really really have your heart set on getting those coins-expensive recipes, you can always save up enough gems to get them. CID drops gems once in a while, you can also get gems from the trophy case and other goals completions.

Seriously, I stored my stove in storage as soon as I finished the goal, having unlocked all the recipe, none of the dishes are worth the counter space or the ingredients to make.