PDA

View Full Version : New Habitat & Value Pack

Vodelle
02-20-15, 01:00 PM
Okay, gonna combine the two.

New habitat: Stormy Shore.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18537&d=1424463763 (http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18537&d=1424463763)
It is an electric/water habitat that can house 4 animals, and is currently on sale for 100 gems. (I don't believe there is an indication of how long it will be staying or how long this sale will last.)

Good news, though! Its capacity of 60k coins and 4 animals rivals that of the Grand Electrive Enclave (also 60k coins and 4 animals) and the Grand Water Way (40k coins and 4 animals) - both of which cost 500 gems and have gone on sale for 125 gems, I believe. So this is like getting a grand habitat for much cheaper than normal.

The value pack:
300k coins
10k food
1 Sea Horse
The Sea Horse is a water/nature super rare that can be bred normally. I'm not sure why there's a value pack for it. (Unless it's an ingredient used in a future treasure animal or something, but I doubt it...)

EviBrooklyn
02-20-15, 01:12 PM
Ok so I bought 2 habitats which I don't really like but they're 50% off and 200 gems are better than 500.
Plus they hold 4 each and it's water/ electric so it might come quite handy when we run out of room again.
As per seahorse, I was surprised also that that's a sale package. There's nothing special about it. Seahorse would have been good as a $5 offer for the newbes.

matiasabad94
02-20-15, 01:25 PM
Not a fan of spending gems but it looks cute.

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 01:28 PM
Meh, it's an ugly habitat IMO. I wouldn't want it even if it cost coins. Space be damned lol. I totally called it being a gem habitat and being on "sale."

I'm also super annoyed that they spent time designing and releasing this eyesore rather than making a UNIQUE looking goat to be the tournament prize. This is a greedy move. As usual, they spend more time designing things they intend to charge actual money for and do NOT spend time making cool and unique designs for animals that they are not charging money for. So sad. I should stop playing this game because it makes me so sad every time something like this happens thinking about the wasted potential for a cute, unique animal. Anyway....

....yeah, Sea Horse value pack... I *did* say I wouldn't mind seeing some of the permanent super rares in value packs, so, there's that... but as usual, $10 is too expensive. This is a permanent animal so there's no rush to breed it, AND it's a potential Toucan fail, meaning that you're probably more likely to make time to try for it than some of the other super rares out there. I believe I got mine as a Toucan fail.

zenobia42
02-20-15, 01:38 PM
I have never spent gems on a habitat in this game. Not sure if I will start now. Though in general, the price is EONS better than the other "grand" habitats, and if better than them in that it holds 2 elements. Even when it goes from the sale price of 100 gems to the regular price of 200, that's still 60% off the price of other grand habitats. It's 80% off grand habitat prices while it's on sale. So in comparison to them, the new "Stormy Shore" is an excellent deal. I think I will be getting one. I expanded and couldn't decide what to put in the new square anyway. :)

matiasabad94
02-20-15, 01:38 PM
....yeah, Sea Horse value pack... I *did* say I wouldn't mind seeing some of the permanent super rares in value packs, so, there's that... but as usual, $10 is too expensive. This is a permanent animal so there's no rush to breed it, AND it's a potential Toucan fail, meaning that you're probably more likely to make time to try for it than some of the other super rares out there. I believe I got mine as a Toucan fail.

Agreed. I don't have a Sea Horse yet but there's no way I'm spending 10 bucks on it.

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 01:46 PM
I have never spent gems on a habitat in this game. Not sure if I will start now. Though in general, the price is EONS better than the other "grand" habitats, and if better than them in that it holds 2 elements. Even when it goes from the sale price of 100 gems to the regular price of 200, that's still 60% off the price of other grand habitats. It's 80% off grand habitat prices while it's on sale. So in comparison to them, the new "Stormy Shore" is an excellent deal. I think I will be getting one. I expanded and couldn't decide what to put in the new square anyway. :)

I would guess they're probably not making enough money off the habitats. Since they decided not to do the Valentine's holiday habitat for 500 gems, and now this one, which, as you say, is much cheaper than the grand habitats. I'm not really sure why they didn't just do another grand habitat sale instead of making this habitat.

I don't consider this habitat to be aesthetically pleasing... it doesn't have any interesting details in it like the other special habitats have had. I would consider spending 100 gems on a cool habitat, like the world event habitats, if I liked how they looked. This particular one is just ugly. And it is definitely still a money grab, though cheap. We DID say we wanted them to give us opportunities to give them money for cheaper. Not exactly what I had in mind, though.

flowless
02-20-15, 02:36 PM
Well that took away a bit from my anger with this game
still not as intrested as before
Get the animal or not i just dont care as much

But
Habits having regular price of 200
Sale on 100
Holding 4 animals is a grt deal

I always thought why do they keep regular habits at a price of 500
Clearly they are not profiting from them
I only saw few players with grand habits in community and my neighbors

Step in the correct direction

Design wise is good
Colors i dont know .. Too bright perhaps

If only better designs for animals as well
Odds of breeding like before
Extra nest
Recoloring some of those 15 level animals

But its such a grt deal

zenobia42
02-20-15, 02:48 PM
I actually like the look of the new habitat in addition to the price. IMO, it is a better design than all the single-element grant habitats. It feels much more... monumental. And the biggest, best habitats IMO should feel just that - monumental. I always thought the grand habitats should stand out from the big ones more than they do. Like this one does.

Also, it is a nice antidote to all the frills of the Lover's Lane and other holiday habitats that are on the heavy-side in terms of adornment.

rjazz
02-20-15, 03:12 PM
I Like it too, I bought 2-and sold off 2 of my Big Water ones. Not only can they hold 2 elements they yield so many more coins & you can put 4 creatures in them. They look nice with the other water & electric habitats.
My forest is Zenville.

Vodelle
02-20-15, 03:18 PM
Yeah, I can't complain about it. It's actually a way better value than the grand habitats while being more versatile as well.

And I think it fits aesthetically. Yes, it stands out, but I'd kind of expect my gem purchases to stand out some. Unless I know I'm looking for grand habitats specifically I often can't tell the difference between them and a regular habitat. Overall, I can't complain. I assume we'll see more hybrid habitats later on.

EviBrooklyn
02-20-15, 03:26 PM
They should bring the palatial garden back in the market for the same price. I think player will buy it for 100 gems sale price

WildAjjax
02-20-15, 03:33 PM
Reading around the forums, I didn't even know there was a sale going on. I went to my shop and I see the Stormy Shore locked. Gee TL, it would be super nice of you to let EVERYONE buy it. I would easily throw down 100 gems for something that I could use in the future, especially since I can breed water animals. BUT since I'm only lvl 12 and not lvl 17 and haven't unlocked electric animals yet, screw me huh. :)

kooky panda
02-20-15, 03:33 PM
I Like it too, I bought 2-and sold off 2 of my Big Water ones. Not only can they hold 2 elements they yield so many more coins & you can put 4 creatures in them. They look nice with the other water & electric habitats.
My forest is Zenville.
I got one too. I just opened a space for a habitat and was not sure what new creatures I will have.

kooky panda
02-20-15, 03:35 PM
Reading around the forums, I didn't even know there was a sale going on. I went to my shop and I see the Stormy Shore locked. Gee TL, it would be super nice of you to let EVERYONE buy it. I would easily throw down 100 gems for something that I could use in the future, especially since I can breed water animals. BUT since I'm only lvl 12 and not lvl 17 and haven't unlocked electric animals yet, screw me huh. :)
Sorry about that, but hopefully with positive feedback on this type of habitat , TL will offer more of these down the line and you will be able to grab one!:)

WildAjjax
02-20-15, 03:37 PM
Sorry about that, but hopefully with positive feedback on this type of habitat , TL will offer more of these down the line and you will be able to grab one!:)

I hope so too, but oh well. Thanks Kooky :P

zenobia42
02-20-15, 03:43 PM
I went ahead and bought one. I had the gems on-hand, and as I said before I like it and the price. I had never before spent gems on a habitat, not even during the sale on all the grands. But this one I bought and I'm considering buying a second. (If the sale runs out before I decide, that decides it for me lol.)

As kooky said, I hope they take the positive feedback (in words and in purchases) about this habitat and its price point to heart and make more 100-gem, 4-animal, multi-element, new-design habitats in the future. I would likely buy more. And WildAjjax can start buying them then too. :)

Vodelle
02-20-15, 03:48 PM
Kooky, do we know if this habitat is limited (not just the sale, the habitat itself?) or is it here to stay? I assume it's a permanent edition but who knows...

I ask because WildAjjax can buy it later (probably off-sale... sorry buddy) when they level up, right? :)

I too bought one earlier. I had the gems, it looks cool, and it's like having a grand habitat at a reasonable price. Sign me up.

WildAjjax
02-20-15, 03:58 PM
Not to contribute only negative feed back to this, I do think this is an awesome deal especially with all the other grand habitats being 500 gems. Honestly I am just jealous and a bit bitter that I can't buy it, though I'm sure I'll be able to buy it when it's not on sale. I hope TL keeps this up and makes more dual element habitats especially since I am reading so many high levels complain about lack of space. Having a variety of choices should help with that situation until more expansions are added. I just have to find a faster way of getting experience I guess. I only started this game and for some reason it's so much more addicting than DS was but at the same time equally more frustrating, what is this devious magic TL?

maizee0404
02-20-15, 04:21 PM
I love the habitat :)

maizee0404
02-20-15, 04:22 PM
Have 2 seahorses already tho. Sucker for ponys!

jondory
02-20-15, 05:31 PM
Boy, I'd really love to buy this habitat but I'm just not willing to spend almost $5 worth of gems for a habitat. If they did more gem sales like they did during Thanksgiving then I might consider it.

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 05:43 PM
Boy, I'd really love to buy this habitat but I'm just not willing to spend almost $5 worth of gems for a habitat. If they did more gem sales like they did during Thanksgiving then I might consider it.

I do thoroughly agree with this. It is a much, much better price than the normal grand habitat price but still, as you say, almost $5 worth of gems. It would have to be a really pretty/unique/interesting looking habitat to be worth that for me at least, and I don't think it is.

Hopefully we'll see some at this price in the future... with gem sales! I really want gem sales! No habitat sales without gem sales lol.

jondory
02-20-15, 06:17 PM
Hopefully we'll see some at this price in the future... with gem sales! I really want gem sales! No habitat sales without gem sales lol.

Yes please!!! Lol

keller63
02-20-15, 09:16 PM
Shockingly bad design in the habitat, you would expect a deep blue with corals etc. and I find it difficult to think of anything that would 'go' in it, all I think when I see it is seagulls fish walrus maybe turtle, perhaps duck. The rest oh the hybrids look a little silly in it. And whilst I'm at it I might as well voice the disappointment in the water and lightning habitats. Water just looks like blue rocks, doesn't look like any kind of waterway and lightning, I would expect some kind of glowing tall(treelike) mushrooms or some kind of rods to attract lightning...

On the plus side at least it's something off the poll everyone was sooo convinced nothing was getting used off of it etc. maybe this will show them otherwise. Although, once again, disappointing design.

DarRorJam
02-21-15, 04:23 AM
I'm getting this habitat and the unbreedable (but can breed four ocean owls, countless aquaters, and two Seamurs, trying to get it) Sea Horse!!!! but I just hope the habitat stays on sale as long as the value pack lol

tuffyjkitten
02-21-15, 05:29 AM
I got the habitat. I have several animals in storage due to needing another habitat. 4 have water and 2 have electric, so this was a good option for me.

saucysammis
02-21-15, 10:06 AM
I bought 3 of the habitats because 1. I want the coin capacity and 2. I know just where I want them to fit into my forest.