PDA

View Full Version : Sneak peak "Chinese New Year" animal!,,

A2TUDE
02-20-15, 05:23 AM
Stormy has given us a sneak peak of the Chinese New Year animal! And a new habitat?(maybe not)

Now it has a fire element in it mmm what would be the other half

ArcadiaTofu
02-20-15, 06:21 AM
Rampage clone ahead~!

What do you want to bet that this is like the X-mas/V-day animals---one with a new element that can only be bred with certain breeding combos (Zodiac Element-Fire gotten through breeding Hippo x Ember Bear)? The fact that Stormie's breeding Hippogryph and Ember Bear together seems like another recipe for uber-long fail times like the Retriever's fail combos.

This would mean Dark-Fire and Lightning-Water is thrown into the mix so the shortest fail timer would more than likely be a Skyger fail if you get Fire-Water combo in that breeding pool >.< And the longest time would be Lightning-Dark (Zapra, respectively) @ a whopping 23hrs. Urgh.

That's supposing that the breeding den pair that Stormie has is a clue. I hope to god it's not, though... >.<

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 06:54 AM
Omg. Wow. Ok. :(

That is one of the worst and most obvious clones we've seen yet.

That is a Rampage. If you want it, just breed earth and fire and get a Rampage.

There is literally no need for anyone to worry about whether this is a limited animal and whether they can get it. It is by far the most obvious clone of any animal that we have seen to date. Take this as TL's way of giving us a break on new animals so that we can all keep trying for the Valentine's or Marti Claws.

ETA: oh, and if this is a flash tournament prize, works for me, as I won't be bothering to start it. Flash tournaments are stressful and they take up way too much of my weekend. I'll be happy to pass this one by if that turns out to be the case.

EviBrooklyn
02-20-15, 07:14 AM
Stormy has been breeding hyppograph and ember for a while
I say this new creature is fire / electric and there's a new habitat in his forest that holds electric animals

Vodelle
02-20-15, 07:22 AM
That's a fancy rampage.

ArcadiaTofu - I'd be very surprised if it had its own element since they'd probably want to do a couple other similar creatures and I have no idea what they'd do for the lunar new year - the main selling point is it's year of the goat - and that's what we got here.

I'm including a photo of the new habitat people mentioned. It's definitely electric and it definitely stands out a lot. I wonder what it's about?

ArcadiaTofu
02-20-15, 07:28 AM
Stormy has been breeding hyppograph and ember for a while
I say this new creature is fire / electric and there's a new habitat in his forest that holds electric animals
But Snow Possum isn't electric, it's Water-Earth :\

Perhaps a multiple-element habitat that allows you to hold more than one element? Perhaps Electric and Water?

Bit confusing, but it would make the most sense. The habitat is a bit ugly though with that huge square rock outcropping pointing upwards. Oddly enough, when you try to click on all the habitats nothing happens, but when you click on the new habitat it's highlighted in yellow. Weird...

Maybe it's a new habitat 'marketplace' to sell/trade animals. A girl can dream, after all...

Vodelle
02-20-15, 07:31 AM
I doubt it's anything like that, too, but you're right. The possum is water/earth and the koala is electric/dark. So if I had to guess, I would say it's an electric/earth habitat (it does look pretty earth-y with its mountainous formations).

Curious as to why we'd get one of those, though. We typically only get new habitats during world events or with the release of those stupid holiday elements.

vvvvv yes but you should probably take into account what the actual habitat looks like. Hence why I think it's definitely electric and then probably earth. :p

zenobia42
02-20-15, 07:36 AM
I was just coming to post about the new animals in Stormie's forest I saw. I'm slow today lol!

That new habitat is wild. And it's definitely not in the shop yet. Also, the 2 animals in it represent 4 elements. So it must be a multi-element habitat! (snowpossum = water-earth, koala = electric-dark). I wonder if that means a new set of holiday animals are coming that are all either electric-water, electric-earth, dark-water or dark-earth. I was going to say it looks like water with either electric or dark... but there is actually a tiny lightning bolt in the tallest mountain of it. So I think electric-water.

ETA: I like the way they put these new things in Stormie's forest for us to find. Almost like easter eggs. Hmm. Easter eggs. Maybe it is easter animals coming, and they are electric-water. Which means 13- to 22-hour fails. :(

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 07:42 AM
I'm trying not to be so cynical, but why does TL spend so much time designing new content that is POINTLESS?

Like the Treent. So far, utterly pointless, and they change the description to take out any reference of it potentially becoming a new tree of life. So what was the point of making it at all? We had asked for a new element, but a new breedable element, not a "new" element that doesn't do anything.

Similarly, I don't remember anyone saying Gee, we really need a new habitat that holds two elements! We have all had so many suggestions for this game that would actually improve it. Why this? A clone animal and a pointless habitat? It just makes me feel even more like they aren't listening to us.

Vodelle
02-20-15, 07:54 AM
What ever made you feel they were listening to us in the first place? :p
e: I think you edited your last sentence to clarify hahahah

Now, that said, I wouldn't mind hybrid habitats or more habitats in general, as long as they are obtainable w/o spending a ton of gems (like the xmas one). I do like the habitat art in this game and it's a small way to 'decorate' while actually having the purpose of holding animals. So if we can get it through another world event or something, then sure, sign me up.

I do agree that the hareon/treent update is weird. I really hope that they do make the treent into something eventually, because otherwise having to save up 10m to expand to a random groot-thing is... well, while cute, utterly pointless and disappointing.

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 08:08 AM
I was a big fan of all three world event habitats. In the last two events, the habitats were better than the animals. I don't really like this habitat though. It's not attractive or interesting.

To me, it has the bulkier look of the 500 gem habitats. If it's a new grand habitat type, bought with gems, that holds two elements.... talk about unnecessary.

I hate to be so negative, but this game just always has me expecting the worst. And that Rampage clone does not encourage me to feel positive.

ArcadiaTofu
02-20-15, 08:39 AM
If only the new 'habitat' turned out to be a second breeding den/nest.

The shelf at the top would definitely be tall enough/big enough to house an egg up there, and while a second tree of life would be expected in the game, it would be weird and oddly surprising if what we expected to be a two-element habitat turned out to be a second breeding den/nest that has a different look/design from the tree of life.

Shelf of Life?

I'm dreaming again, but what a wonderful dream that would be...

rjazz
02-20-15, 08:53 AM
The Chinese New Year this year is the Ram/Goat so they really didn't have much of a choice to make it too different--although maybe they could have made it Chinese red just for a different color. I think I like the new habitat,

matiasabad94
02-20-15, 09:07 AM
I really really like the new habitat, I do plan to get it unless it costs gems. On the other hand, the Rampage clone has to be a joke; this is by far the most obvious copy the game has ever had. I still have to get the Matripony and then the Mardi Claws (if I still have time), so I don't think I'll even try to get this one.

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 09:19 AM
The Chinese New Year this year is the Ram/Goat so they really didn't have much of a choice to make it too different--although maybe they could have made it Chinese red just for a different color. I think I like the new habitat,

Google images for "chinese new year goat" and take a look at the images that come up. Then google "goat" images. Take a look at those horns. Then google "ram" and look at those images.

You should notice that a goat has slim, shorter horns that don't curve in a circle. A ram actually looks quite different. I would have loved to see a Chinese new year goat - what a cool idea! This animal isn't a goat, it's a ram - and a direct copy of the ram that is ALREADY in the game.

(This is super reminiscent for me of the Yule "Mule" that had antlers that they couldn't bother to remove from cloning the Reindeer. I didn't care about that stupid clone either).

Not trying to be rude.... just trying to point out that this animal definitely did not have to be a clone. It's only a clone because they are LAZY. And I am TIRED of lazy clones, and everyone else should be too. They are insulting! They show that TL doesn't care enough about this game to put any work into cool designs... why should we care about them either?

EviBrooklyn
02-20-15, 09:34 AM
I don't like the ram or the new habitat. The new habitat will probably be electric - water for 500 gems
No where near as nice as the palatial garden, or the Valentines cove

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 12:07 PM
I agree, electric-water for 500 gems, and I bet it will be on "sale"! For 200 or something like that. I don't like it at all.
Hopefully we're not getting another event so soon. Might be a flash tournament. If it's a flash tournament with the Rampage as a prize, I'll be happy to sit it out.
We'll know soon!

EviBrooklyn
02-20-15, 12:15 PM
I agree, electric-water for 500 gems, and I bet it will be on "sale"! For 200 or something like that. I don't like it at all.
Hopefully we're not getting another event so soon. Might be a flash tournament. If it's a flash tournament with the Rampage as a prize, I'll be happy to sit it out.
We'll know soon!
I doubt this will be on sale for now... Maybe next thanksgiving
There's one thing I don't understand... Every other game I have on my iPhone ( not necessarily TLs game) has sales at least a few times a year . Every major or small company out there( Amazon, staples, blomingdales, Saks, neiman Marcus, food stores, electronics...) you name it.. Have sales constantly... But not FFS... We saw one sale only in 8 months
This attitude that TL has towards this game is surely getting on my nerves. Obviously this has been a successful game for them, why else no sales, but they're digging their own grave with this method of greediness they have.
If everyone keeps talking about the lack of sales, why wouldn't they listen? Do they think they'll reinvent the wheel of becoming successful?
Take note TL and do what every other company does... Your game is not that unique and you have enough competition out there !! You won't survive it for too long !!

A2TUDE
02-20-15, 12:31 PM
It's a battle tournament here we go 2 days

EviBrooklyn
02-20-15, 12:33 PM
We'll know soon!
Darn it's on sale for a 100 gems

zenobia42
02-20-15, 12:34 PM
It <is> a flash tournament. I started a tournament thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78838-Flash-Tournament-2-20-15-Lunar-Goat)

kooky panda
02-20-15, 12:42 PM
It <is> a flash tournament. I started a tournament thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?78838-Flash-Tournament-2-20-15-Lunar-Goat)
See new thread !