PDA

View Full Version : Confused Servers or Magic?

amerirish
02-19-15, 09:48 AM
How do the servers get stuck behind the counters if there isn't an opening for them to walk through? I really don't want them in my 'kitchen' area but if I don't have an open space, they get stuck & can't get out. What is that all about? How do they get back there in the first place? :confused:

tiggerhobbes
02-19-15, 10:44 AM
They are socializing with the cooks and stealing food.

Source: worked in real commercial kitchens.

Real answer is that they always go where the counters are. Move the counters out of your kitchen and they will follow.

amerirish
02-19-15, 12:09 PM
Ha! I used to be a waitress too. I was NEVER allowed behind the line :)

Thanks for the advice, but it's a shame that I might have to compromise my design because of this glitch. I hope they just fix it!

PraxisOfGood
02-19-15, 01:14 PM
having looked at your restaurant, you could keep your servers in the dining area by moving all your kitchen accessories into the spaces where you have the cooks now and have the cooks tending the ovens from "behind" them. That way, your servers would only access the counters from the sides with free spaces, which would be in the dining area instead of the kitchen.

meme1098
02-20-15, 04:10 PM
I have servers putting food on empty tables when I first open the game. Those servings are going down the drain I guess.

neth3rtwist
02-20-15, 06:55 PM
Lol yes when I actually use the servers there is always 4 plates being discarded to empty tables when I open the game. Such a waste...

PraxisOfGood
02-20-15, 08:12 PM
I have servers putting food on empty tables when I first open the game. Those servings are going down the drain I guess.

Are they? I have also seen customers sit at tables and start eating immediately before being served, so I assumed that the game understood that those tables already had food on them.

tiggerhobbes
02-20-15, 10:55 PM
Clearly someone found a way to mass produce invisibility cloaks.

I've found that getting rid of servers have spontaneously resolved a lot of problems in game. (like those slow zombie walks.)