PDA

View Full Version : Why Do You Play?

LuvsHorror
02-18-15, 02:03 PM
I was reading an article today about game addictions. I am on my games all the time, and I decided to figure out why. I think it is because it satifies my need to arrange and organize. I like things neat and orderly.
How about you? Why do you play?

kooky panda
02-18-15, 02:10 PM
Moving thread to the Off Topic Forum.

pattons_friends
03-01-15, 11:13 AM
I play because I'm not very good at games :o with DS I'm not competing with anyone & I also like collecting things. I've made friends along the way, which is a bonus :)

Annica5
03-01-15, 11:23 AM
I play because I'm not very good at games :o with DS I'm not competing with anyone & I also like collecting things. I've made friends along the way, which is a bonus :)

Just how I feel! I hate to compete, I hate to race and do things fast. I was afraid at first I'd have to fight other players in the battle arena and instead they turned out to be supporters and helpers! I love DS and its community, you guys are the reason I'm addicted. And I am, play several times a day, and even at night if I have to. :)

LuvsHorror
03-02-15, 01:35 PM
I get that, I don't like games I can die in. The neighbors have been really great in this game too.

CuteTali
03-02-15, 01:49 PM
I think it is because it satifies my need to arrange and organize. I like things neat and orderly.

Just how I feel! I hate to compete, I hate to race and do things fast.
Exactly that! I don't like games that rush you and hassle you and bother you. I like taking my own time and I like organizing and arranging and collecting pretty stuff.

This is why Fashion, Bakery and Restaurant are such fun games for me that I ended up leaving all my other (much more hardcore) non-TL games, even after so many years of playing. Then in the process, I got to also like Dragon, Fantasy Forest and Castle Story, where those three all started just from download promotions to get some gems for my 3 favorite games.

I try to reduce the number of games I play, especially when playing on several accounts (something I wish I never started, but I hate to delete all those games on alt account after all the work I've put into them), because TL make such addicting games, so now it's down to these 6 games. I am slowly trying to get rid of all other TL games, not only to save up space on my devices, but because all these games are soo time consuming.

Shadifern
10-10-15, 11:18 AM
My sister downloaded Pet Shop Story, and I did since it showed up in my purchase list and thought it looked interesting. I started playing it and got bored, but then I saw this icon in the corner. I clicked on it, and saw this list of S8 games. I clicked on one with a unicorn, thinking it was interesting. I downloaded it, and began playing. Dunno how i got addicted to FFS though... And now I'm level 26 and have that Crystal Unicorn that lured me into the game the first place. I play through the night and whenever I can, even at the bus stop.

Mercuriair
03-06-16, 08:47 PM
First downloaded at my excitement having a smart phone.

I have ocd and anxiety and it helps with that especially when out and about instead of focusing on obsessions I play my games!

reba525
03-26-16, 08:35 PM
I have bad anxiety and the games keep me occupied. Then I can relax. Or I find myself trying to watch tv yet
That doesn't work cause I can't sit still half the time.
I enjoy playing these games daily and I've met some cool neighbors:D

LuvsHorror
03-27-16, 09:55 AM
It is relaxing.

Kennedward
03-27-16, 06:24 PM
I used to play to **** time, but now I don't play as often since I'm running out of land.

Oh, and I'm a dragon story player btw.

sehana
03-28-16, 09:34 PM
1 - because I liked the graphics and cuteness.
2 - It was a nice addition to the other console (Playstation, XBox) games I play
3 - I can play at my own pace.
4 - the community
5 - no player-to-player competition (make friends not enemies to build up)
6 - well I'm kind of committed now since launching SupremeDynasty way back when.

aiyoosha
04-29-16, 10:25 AM
i play cuz these are the only games ill ever be good at. ive tried mario zelda when they first came out and nope not good at all i always die. mortal combat, soul caliber nah cuz i have to learn combos and be good. i like these games cuz i dont have to be good at them its literally just either... cook and place or in castle story (my favorite game btw) is literally collecting stuff making my kingdom expand and seeing how pretty it can become. i love it! i never thought id like a game that uses energy but CS is awesome and i like that i can take a couple of hours for cooking cleaning watching tv etc then come back and have full energy and so on.

plus these games are great to relax with, u can literally just lay down and unwind with them.

yummy_bistro
07-11-16, 08:51 PM
Coz I like to own a cafe /bakery and since I can't in real life lol
those graphics are cute, it was good fun to begin with

now getting tideous....

playing all 4 S8 game

RS2
BS2
FS
CS

running out of time ><