PDA

View Full Version : Mardi Claw - 2015 Feb 17

zenobia42
02-17-15, 12:31 PM
new electric-dark super rare
23:00 breed/incubation time (the same timer as the zapra)
24:00 evolution time
presumably limited until 3/04/15 based on the quest timer. The game is not being upfront about it being limited though. It is marked like a permanent animal. Which we all know now actually means nothing. They pretend animals are permanent then make it limited all the time now.
http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=18460&d=1424202890&thumb=1http://vignette4.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/c/cd/Mardi_Claw_Baby.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150217193102http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/2/29/Mardi_Claw_Juvenile.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150217193103http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/3/3f/Mardi_Claw_Adult.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150217193101http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/fantasy-story/images/8/8f/Mardi_Claw_Epic.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width/200?cb=20150217193102

They are not letting us know officially from the get-go that it will be limited, but since the quest to get it has a timer and it's a holiday-themed animal, I think it's safe to say we officially have FOUR animals in the game that are or will become limited at one time. Not only that, but one of the current FOUR limiteds absolutely, positively cannot be bred unless TWO other limited were already successfully bred. So when anyone who doesn't spend tons of money on this game, or have luck in spades, is going to find spare time to try to breed for this guy I do not know.

too.

much.

Robkendy
02-17-15, 12:33 PM
i can hope for this as a fail when trying to breed the golden retriever.

readysetgo888
02-17-15, 12:35 PM
Wow, 60 gems for breeding it... I wonder if this is going to become the standard. Going from like 2 to 5 gems for breeding a limited animal, this is a massive change. I wonder if they think it will encourage people to spend even more gems on getting it? I guess it probably will, although rationally it doesn't make much sense.

The baby is a cutie... I really hope it's not another cat clone though. I like cats but there are more than enough out there already.

And yeah, I'm pleased that this could be a Retriever fail, gives me inspiration to start trying for the Retriever again. I still need the Zapra as well... bet this has the same breed time.

flowless
02-17-15, 12:37 PM
Seriously
Too much

I cant breed a single valantine animal
Infact non of the new realeased animals for past month
And now another limited animals that expires just two days after the valintine animlas

ArcadiaTofu
02-17-15, 12:38 PM
Got it with Unicorn x Zapra :D Good luck, everyone!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36232258/Photo%20Feb%2017%2C%201%2032%2044%20PM.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36232258/Photo%20Feb%2017%2C%201%2032%2059%20PM.png

Vodelle
02-17-15, 12:43 PM

The quest to breed it (which does give a 60-gem award) expires in 15 days, which as flowless mentioned, is 2 days after the v-day animals expire. I assume it will disappear around then.

Cute, but I'm feeling pretty annoyed with FFS. It's not fun when there are multiple limited animals out at one time, all of which you have a low chance of actually getting. I obviously can't even try for this animal if I'm trying to get the valentines day animals.

EviBrooklyn
02-17-15, 12:45 PM

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36232258/Photo%20Feb%2017%2C%201%2032%2044%20PM.png

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/36232258/Photo%20Feb%2017%2C%201%2032%2059%20PM.png

Congrats

kooky panda
02-17-15, 12:46 PM
Thanks for the combo Arcadia!! I got the same breed time!

readysetgo888
02-17-15, 12:47 PM

The quest to breed it (which does give a 60-gem award) expires in 15 days, which as flowless mentioned, is 2 days after the v-day animals expire. I assume it will disappear around then.

Cute, but I'm feeling pretty annoyed with FFS. It's not fun when there are multiple limited animals out at one time, all of which you have a low chance of actually getting. I obviously can't even try for this animal if I'm trying to get the valentines day animals.

Not a cat clone... that thing is... interesting... it's a bear clone. It's different? Sort of hoped it would be more attractive. Hopefully it's not giant like the cherub cub.

As far as the limited animals go, it feels like they're trying to increase the sales of their value packs. Because clearly there is no way to breed all these limited animals that have different elements. So maybe they're thinking people will just try for one and then buy the value pack of the other... or both....

I don't think this one is going to be quickly limited, though. The Yeti (the New Year's Eve animal) just left today after 6 weeks. So, you might not get the 60 gems, but there should still be time to try for this one after the Valentine's animals go away.

zenobia42
02-17-15, 12:59 PM
I don't know whether to give up on the second and third of the Valentine trio and just try for this one, or keep trying for those and presumably then have no time left to try for this one. WAY too many limiteds going at the same time. I had hoped after Christmas, the game would go back to "normal", with zero or one limited out at a time. Instead, in terms of overwhelming us with limited after limited DURING another limited, it just keeps getting worse. It's a shame. This WAS a good game before the overuse of limiteds.

PernReloaded
02-17-15, 01:05 PM
Since I still have /none/ of the Valentine animals, I feel safe dropping my attempts to go for this one. I haven't bred any of the electric/dark animals, so all fails are wins. And I can use the long breeding times to hatch some of my beebs in storage.

zenobia42
02-17-15, 01:06 PM
Since I still have /none/ of the Valentine animals, I feel safe dropping my attempts to go for this one. I haven't bred any of the electric/dark animals, so all fails are wins. And I can use the long breeding times to hatch some of my beebs in storage.

Sounds like a win/win for you. Best of luck getting all the electric-darks and I hope this one comes early in your attempts since it will presumably not be around forever like the others.

PernReloaded
02-17-15, 01:07 PM
Thanks, Zen ^.^ I appreciate it.

EviBrooklyn
02-17-15, 01:08 PM
Wow, 60 gems for breeding it... I wonder if this is going to become the standard. Going from like 2 to 5 gems for breeding a limited animal, this is a massive change. I wonder if they think it will encourage people to spend even more gems on getting it? I guess it probably will, although rationally it doesn't make much sense.

The baby is a cutie... I really hope it's not another cat clone though. I like cats but there are more than enough out there already.

And yeah, I'm pleased that this could be a Retriever fail, gives me inspiration to start trying for the Retriever again. I still need the Zapra as well... bet this has the same breed time.

Thank god for the 60 gem reward... The 2 and 5 gems were a complete joke... And I mean it was absolutely ridiculous... The 20 and 60 gems is something every player can look forward to

cquinn32
02-17-15, 01:10 PM
Great, 17 and 18hr fails!!! I miss those fire/nature combos already lol

EviBrooklyn
02-17-15, 01:10 PM
I got 23 hours with skyger and citrine
Is there another dark/electric creature for 23 hours or is this the only one?
Can't remember how long was zapra

Vodelle
02-17-15, 01:11 PM
I got 23 hours with skyger and citrine
Is there another dark/electric creature for 23 hours or is this the only one?
Can't remember how long was zapra

Zapra is also 23h.

EviBrooklyn
02-17-15, 01:12 PM
Zapra is also 23h.

Darn... Thanks for the reply

readysetgo888
02-17-15, 01:13 PM
This definitely works for me as I need the Zapra too. I'd be happy with getting either in the time I spend breeding for this guy. And if I get the Retriever, even better! I also need a Cosmic Phoenix, although I don't really care about it, at least it would be new. And I've always wanted a second Onyx Ox....

Goodbye Valentine's day... and good riddance lol.

EviBrooklyn
02-17-15, 01:14 PM
Zapra is also 23h.

I sped the breeding and apparently got this new animal

ArcadiaTofu
02-17-15, 01:15 PM
Congrats
Thanks, hun :3 Good luck to you, too! This one wasn't as hard to breed out as the Matripony, so I guess there is some silver lining here, in a way... ^^;;

Thanks for the combo Arcadia!! I got the same breed time!
Awesome! I have had good luck with Zapra x Unicorn so I'm glad you could as well :D

A2TUDE
02-17-15, 01:17 PM

Thank you hun used ur combo got second try :)

zenobia42
02-17-15, 01:20 PM
This definitely works for me as I need the Zapra too. I'd be happy with getting either in the time I spend breeding for this guy. And if I get the Retriever, even better! I also need a Cosmic Phoenix, although I don't really care about it, at least it would be new. And I've always wanted a second Onyx Ox....

Goodbye Valentine's day... and good riddance lol.

I have the opposite: I still need the Onyx Ox. But I've gotten so many phoenixes I've sold half of them off. I also still need the retriever. But we'll see if I get time to try for this one. Having only 1 of the Valentine's Trio really makes this extra-super annoying. If I had 2 V-Day animals, at least I'd feel like I have a decent shot at the third if I continue to try for it. If I had none, like Pern, it would be easy to let go of the whole V-Day endeavor and try for this one. But having ONE V-Day animal type makes me feel rather hopeless about the other two AND this one. How soon is too soon to give up on those? Whichever path I choose, if I do not succeed in it (which is VERY likely to happen), I'll be left wondering if I could have succeeded in the other path.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY don't like them putting totally different element combo limiteds up at the same time. It makes me feel like there is no right choice to make. It makes me feel like... if there is only one path to take, and I take it and fail, that's one thing. But if there are 2 paths to choose from, then I'll likely end up with the feeling of failure AND of having chosen the wrong path to try.

Drachenia
02-17-15, 01:25 PM
I Elephantom / Zapra and got Koala Cadabra, changed to Crystal Unicorn / Zapra, I got 4 Koala Cadabra and again 17 hours. Please, please let me Mardi Claw and get Matripony. I'm so sad because I can not breed super rare animals. I have no Pumpkinpanda, Pomeranian and now Matripony and Mardi Claw I'll be able to add

readysetgo888
02-17-15, 01:30 PM
I have the opposite: I still need the Onyx Ox. But I've gotten so many phoenixes I've sold half of them off. I also still need the retriever. But we'll see if I get time to try for this one. Having only 1 of the Valentine's Trio really makes this extra-super annoying. If I had 2 V-Day animals, at least I'd feel like I have a decent shot at the third if I continue to try for it. If I had none, like Pern, it would be easy to let go of the whole V-Day endeavor and try for this one. But having ONE V-Day animal type makes me feel rather hopeless about the other two AND this one. How soon is too soon to give up on those? Whichever path I choose, if I do not succeed in it (which is VERY likely to happen), I'll be left wondering if I could have succeeded in the other path.

I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY don't like them putting totally different element combo limiteds up at the same time. It makes me feel like there is no right choice to make. It makes me feel like... if there is only one path to take, and I take it and fail, that's one thing. But if there are 2 paths to choose from, then I'll likely end up with the feeling of failure AND of having chosen the wrong path to try.

Well, for me, the difference is in the number of possible new animals that I could get. I don't know whether I'd rather have the Matripony or this new one if I could only have one of them, but since I can try for a total of 4 new animals one way, and only 1 new animal the other way, it's kind of a no brainer for me. Even if I miss the limited animal, I might still get one of the other new ones and therefore won't feel like I wasted my time.

Although, I do think this one will be around for a good while after the Valentine's animals are gone. The Yeti was around for 6 weeks, this one probably will be too... so if you wanted to try for the Valentine's animals until they're gone it should still leave a decent amount of time for this one. You just wouldn't get the gems.

yppahc
02-17-15, 01:32 PM
I got this first try with skyger and lightning leopard!

Hawksmoor
02-17-15, 01:42 PM
Well, this is a fail I wasn't expecting with unicorn and Zapra...I think I just got a citrine! That's a fail pill I can definitely swallow :-) Good luck to all trying for Mardi Claw, I'll have to try again in a couple of days ;-)

forestwald
02-17-15, 01:49 PM
Zen, I agree. I would like a bit of breathing room so that I have a chance of breeding the limited. I always feel that I am behind and then hope for the best. It would be nice to give us some time in between the limited animals.

matiasabad94
02-17-15, 02:02 PM
Well, this is a fail I wasn't expecting with unicorn and Zapra...I think I just got a citrine! That's a fail pill I can definitely swallow :-) Good luck to all trying for Mardi Claw, I'll have to try again in a couple of days ;-)

That's great! Congrats!

I don't know if I should keep trying to get a Love Dove , to THEN try to get a Matripony, or just go for the Mardi Claw. I don't have any lightning/dark breed (besides the Rumblebee) so it's definitely going to be a win either way. If I breed my Rumblebee with my Crystal Unicorn I could get this one, a Zapra or even a Citrine. Decisions, decisions.

Drachenia
02-17-15, 02:03 PM

That's funny no Super Rare Mardi Claw, but an Ultra Rare error Citrine Peregrin. Congratulations :D

Hawksmoor
02-17-15, 02:05 PM
Thanks! I know, it's so ironic :p

maizee0404
02-17-15, 02:10 PM
Cant try yet as iv armadillo breeding again!!

Galadraal
02-17-15, 02:16 PM
I went ahead and bought Love Dove after I don't know how many fails. I was hoping using it to breed would improve my odds and after many, many, many more fails, I finally got 8 hours but guess which one I got? I'm sure you only need one, yup, it's the Love Dove ��

Galadraal
02-17-15, 02:22 PM
In trying, I also would try for the Yeti at the same time breeding Electric, Water, Earth and Fire all with crappy Armadillos for the most part. Now, I'll add Dark and Lightning to the Earth/ Fire pair. NOT AMUSED OR IMPRESSED with TL's greediness. I also play their other games like the Wonderland one they've totally messed up with timed quests that are impossible to complete

Drachenia
02-17-15, 02:28 PM
In trying, I also would try for the Yeti at the same time breeding Electric, Water, Earth and Fire all with crappy Armadillos for the most part. Now, I'll add Dark and Lightning to the Earth/ Fire pair. NOT AMUSED OR IMPRESSED with TL's greediness. I also play their other games like the Wonderland one they've totally messed up with timed quests that are impossible to complete

Hello Confetti Yeti is not more to breed now :D

xxxe
02-17-15, 02:32 PM
This really stinks. I don't need know which one to try for now. I think I'll stick with trying for my Barbie dream Pink Pony. Maybe throw in a dark electric every 4 fails or so. Yay so excited. -_-

Buttercup0001
02-17-15, 03:41 PM
I'll give this one a miss. I have a Zapra which is almost to epic level. I'll keep trying for the V.Day animals hoping from 1I will get 3 (yes I know wishful thinking)

WildAjjax
02-17-15, 03:52 PM
This looks so cute and I'd try to breed for it but sadly I am too low level. I do wish everyone luck though that's good for this adorable thing! -cheers-

ArcadiaTofu
02-17-15, 04:16 PM
I sped the breeding and apparently got this new animal Yay! Congrats, hun :D Glad it turned out to be a Mardi Claws for you :) *hugs*

Thank you hun used ur combo got second try :) You're welcome :D Glad the Unicorn x Zapra combo is paying out for quite a few people! All I know is that when using Zapra and Unicorn, harder-to-get breeds tend to be easier to breed. Congrats!

LOL. The Zapra x Unicorn combo keeps on giving ^__^ So lucky to get a Peregrine 'fail' despite it not being a Mardi Claws. Maybe next time you put the two together you'll get it or (gasp) another Peregrine! Not a bad fail at all... Congrats :D

xxxe
02-17-15, 05:42 PM
I just used Crystal and Zapra and got 23 hours. I wish I had the gems to speed to see if I got him but I don't at the moment. I guess tomorrow we will find out! I sure hope I got him because it would make my decisions on which animal to try for the most much easier.

readysetgo888
02-17-15, 05:46 PM
I just used Crystal and Zapra and got 23 hours. I wish I had the gems to speed to see if I got him but I don't at the moment. I guess tomorrow we will find out! I sure hope I got him because it would make my decisions on which animal to try for the most much easier.

Congrats! It's almost like that combo is a sure thing. I really wish I had a Zapra to try it :( Hopefully it is the new animal for you!

Foxy_Kit
02-17-15, 05:46 PM
Not sure whether to give Matripony a break and try for this, or continue trying for Matripony. Hmmm.

xxxe
02-17-15, 07:37 PM
Congrats! It's almost like that combo is a sure thing. I really wish I had a Zapra to try it :( Hopefully it is the new animal for you!

Thanks, Ready! I hope its the new animal too! 23 hours is along time to wait and see so I might have to speed it up a little once my 12 hour Armadillo hatches. I got my Zapra awhile ago on accident. When I was still putting 4 elements together all the time. I was trying for the Golden Lion and happily got the Zapra. I still haven't been able to get the Lion so I hope we get a dark fire or electric fire animal soon. I'm missing both the Ox and the Phenoix from the dark fire combo. I wish we had a break from limited animals for a change so I could try to get those original animals I'm still missing! Good luck and let me know how your luck goes with the new Party Mardi Thingy! Are you done trying for the Vday animals?

jsburas
02-17-15, 07:52 PM

I wish it would have been the winning combo for me :( I've tried 3 times with Zappa n Unicorn but all 3 fails and I sped them up to try each time so I've lost about 100 gems on this animal as I had an armo fail from trying for Matripony that I had to speed also. I hardly ever speed breed but decided to try n see if it helped my chances but nope. My luck on this game has been out for a long time now. Couldn't get any of the newest animals for a while now. Only Yeti did I finally manage to get. No Valentine animals so bought the Love Dove finally to help get the Smitten kitten faster which I did on the 2nd or 3rd try but still no Matripony and now all fails so far on this. I was at 660 gems and now down to 180 just trying to get something new :( I know it's my decision to speed breed but it's bad I couldn't get any new ones on my own without having to fork over so many gems to buy.

readysetgo888
02-17-15, 08:06 PM
Thanks, Ready! I hope its the new animal too! 23 hours is along time to wait and see so I might have to speed it up a little once my 12 hour Armadillo hatches. I got my Zapra awhile ago on accident. When I was still putting 4 elements together all the time. I was trying for the Golden Lion and happily got the Zapra. I still haven't been able to get the Lion so I hope we get a dark fire or electric fire animal soon. I'm missing both the Ox and the Phenoix from the dark fire combo. I wish we had a break from limited animals for a change so I could try to get those original animals I'm still missing! Good luck and let me know how your luck goes with the new Party Mardi Thingy! Are you done trying for the Vday animals?

Lol yeah it is a long time... I'd probably hatch something from storage if I could be patient enough! I try for the permanent ones I'm missing whenever I can... I'm still missing like 5 super rares I think.

I don't know, I might be done with the Valentine's animals. I'll probably breed Kitten and Dove a few times here and there just to see if I get lucky, but I feel like the odds are so low... I don't want to try forever and be disappointed. At least I have the possibility of several new animals I can get from Gold Lion X Terrorier including this new one. So some of the fails wouldn't actually be bad.

I would love to see more new dark and electric animals! No more earth-fire, nature-fire, water-nature! Soooo bored with those lol.

msb283
02-18-15, 05:28 AM

Thank you so much ArcadiaTofu! I tried your combo and it worked perfectly for me on the first try :)

FigmentValley
02-18-15, 06:23 AM
I'm sick and tired of limited animals - but since this one is nothing special, element-wise, and ugly as sin, I will pass. I would like to get that matripony ........

xxxe
02-18-15, 07:09 AM
Lol yeah it is a long time... I'd probably hatch something from storage if I could be patient enough! I try for the permanent ones I'm missing whenever I can... I'm still missing like 5 super rares I think.

I don't know, I might be done with the Valentine's animals. I'll probably breed Kitten and Dove a few times here and there just to see if I get lucky, but I feel like the odds are so low... I don't want to try forever and be disappointed. At least I have the possibility of several new animals I can get from Gold Lion X Terrorier including this new one. So some of the fails wouldn't actually be bad.

I would love to see more new dark and electric animals! No more earth-fire, nature-fire, water-nature! Soooo bored with those lol.

I haven't gotten a single Valentine World Event animal out of storage yet so I picked the Cherub Cub first because he only has a 14 hour timer. 10 more hours and I can speed it up a little and finally see if I got the new guy. Such along time to wait! It would be a disappointing long wait fail! Lol but regardless if I get it or not I'm going back to trying for the Pony. Ill mix in a different breeding pair every so often. It seems to actually help to get what you want if you take a break in between constant fails.

PernReloaded
02-18-15, 02:00 PM
*glances at list of people who've already bred it, looks at koala on the nest and in the den *

*settles in for another dose of disappointment*

I give this the same amount of time I gave for the valentine animals. Two weeks. Then I give up.

maizee0404
02-18-15, 02:58 PM
Cant even try myself...i want that pony so much!!

maizee0404
02-18-15, 02:59 PM
I'm sick and tired of limited animals - but since this one is nothing special, element-wise, and ugly as sin, I will pass. I would like to get that matripony ........

Agreed!!!!!

readysetgo888
02-18-15, 08:49 PM
Omg. Omg! I just got the Retriever while trying for this guy. Yayyyyy so excited! I can't believe it! My first treasure animal...

zenobia42
02-18-15, 09:58 PM
Omg. Omg! I just got the Retriever while trying for this guy. Yayyyyy so excited! I can't believe it! My first treasure animal...

AWESOME! Congrats!!!

rjazz
02-19-15, 12:25 AM
Congrats for sure! What breeding did you use. I've tried unicorn & Zapra about 4 times & lighting leopard & skyger but no luck!

mel7123
02-19-15, 05:16 AM
Got it using lighting leopard and skyger just put it on the nest

xxxe
02-19-15, 12:09 PM

Congrats Ready! Thats so awesome! I'll have to go look at your forest when he hatches!

readysetgo888
02-19-15, 03:42 PM
AWESOME! Congrats!!!

Congrats Ready! Thats so awesome! I'll have to go look at your forest when he hatches!

Thanks so much! :)

Congrats for sure! What breeding did you use. I've tried unicorn & Zapra about 4 times & lighting leopard & skyger but no luck!

Not sure if you mean me, but I was using Gold Lion X Terrorier.

JanineQuinty
02-20-15, 06:23 AM
Cool! I want this animal! And I get frustated from those limited animals too but I like them a lot, can't wait till the easter tournament whahaha

readysetgo888
02-20-15, 02:06 PM
Poor Marti Claw, people care more about the pink pony than they care about him...

I took a look at the pictures in the first post and I actually like him a lot (despite the fact that he's pretty clearly a dressed up Ember Bear...). I really hope I get him. I think I'll keep him as a juvenile.

ghabra
02-20-15, 03:36 PM
I Couldn't start breeding for this animal untill I finally got the smitten kitten of the Valentine campaign now.
If I don't get the Mardi claw soon I will have to postpone it again after I have evolved level 4 smitten kitten in order to get the matripony first then resume breeding dark and lightning for the mardi claw.

maizee0404
02-21-15, 04:16 AM
23hrs on the clock...unicorn and zepra!

PernReloaded
02-21-15, 10:33 AM
18 hours instead of 17, so either a bansheep or elephantom.

I cant say they are bad fails since I didn't have them, but still no sign of the Mardiclaw.

cquinn32
02-21-15, 10:43 AM

Congrats!!

EviBrooklyn
02-21-15, 11:24 AM

Congrats... Isn't that awesome. It usually happens when you least expect it

rjazz
02-21-15, 01:55 PM
Just 17 & 18 hour fails for me so far. :(

JanineQuinty
02-21-15, 03:48 PM
23hrs on the clock...unicorn and zepra!

Me 2! First try. Could it be???? I just hatched my matripony egg. I'm so curieus!!!

maizee0404
02-21-15, 04:49 PM
Me 2! First try. Could it be???? I just hatched my matripony egg. I'm so curieus!!!

So lucky :) well done on pony ;)
Yep my 1st try unicorn n zapra..resulted in mardi claw 1st try :) but now i have him atuck in the nest..while tryin ng for pony got me 8hrs!..

JanineQuinty
02-22-15, 04:26 AM
So lucky :) well done on pony ;)
Yep my 1st try unicorn n zapra..resulted in mardi claw 1st try :) but now i have him atuck in the nest..while tryin ng for pony got me 8hrs!..

Ai but did You Get the pony?

readysetgo888
02-22-15, 08:08 AM
Congrats!!

Congrats... Isn't that awesome. It usually happens when you least expect it

Thanks!!

JanineQuinty
02-22-15, 03:18 PM
I got the zapra From the 23 hours breeding, Aargh. Now I got a 17 hour fail

Crr008
02-22-15, 08:54 PM
My 23 hours was a zapra. Next try was 18 hour elephantom!

PernReloaded
02-23-15, 11:13 AM
So after two Elephantoms, I am back to Koalas.

Drachenia
02-23-15, 12:26 PM
Hello I have get 2 Koala Cadabra and now have 23 hours, but with my luck it will be Zapra. I breed with Crystal Unicorn / Zapra

Drachenia
02-23-15, 06:03 PM
Hello I have get 2 Koala Cadabra and now have 23 hours, but with my luck it will be Zapra. I breed with Crystal Unicorn / Zapra
Oh I am so happy, I Have Mardi Claw and in record time. Thank you team leader and team

Ratisorn
02-23-15, 07:21 PM
Skyger x Zapra = mardi claw. Lucky after try breed matripony.

Wait.

Animenia
02-24-15, 02:50 AM
I've got it in 5th try (Skyger 15 x Lightning Leopard 15) :) My children say it looks like a grandma :) Now I'm trying to breed Golden Retriever... 4 fails for now :( (2xKoala and 2x Fire Glider)

maizee0404
02-24-15, 05:03 AM
Ai but did You Get the pony?

Nooo :( im still trying :(

cquinn32
02-24-15, 06:20 AM
Just got 23hrs while trying for golden retriever!! Hope it is this one

EviBrooklyn
02-24-15, 07:00 AM
Just got 23hrs while trying for golden retriever!! Hope it is this one

Crossing my fingers for you

Listal
02-24-15, 09:08 AM
Is there any other combos that you guys have had worked without a unicorn, any gem habitat animal or a zapra? I currently do not have any of them

cquinn32
02-24-15, 01:57 PM
Crossing my fingers for you

Thank you
It was Mardi Claw!!!

EviBrooklyn
02-24-15, 02:14 PM
Good to hear Cquinn .. Congrats :)

JanineQuinty
02-24-15, 03:23 PM
I got an elephantom and now again a 23 hour breeding. I hope it's mardi claw

PernReloaded
02-24-15, 10:17 PM
I'm feeling the pressure. I've gotten a bunch of koalas and two elephantoms. I have yet another 18 hour something, hoping it's the Bansheep, but I'm getting worried and frustrated. After failing entirely at any of the Valentine animals, it would be REALLY NICE to get this, especially since I've been breeding since I started for it the moment it came out.

GC5410
02-25-15, 03:04 AM
I'm having no luck with this one, been breeding for it loads and have got all the electric/dark animals at least 3 times (some many many more!) - I have however just got a citrine though!!!! Very exciting as I have never been able to breed any of the crystal animals at all (bought my unicorn when it was cheap on special offer) and I have been level 40 for months with nearly all the other animals (except a few limited) :)

JanineQuinty
02-25-15, 03:34 AM
Yeah mine is a mardi claw, only took me 3 tries, so lucky ��. Im going to buy the new habitat tomorrow

PernReloaded
02-25-15, 01:18 PM
So it was a third elephantom, and now I have a koala breeding.

>.>

I am having a ****er streak of luck on DS, and I suppose that balances it out.

jsburas
02-25-15, 07:00 PM
Oh WOW! Just got 45 hr timer while trying for this! Unicorn and Zapra! So I believe it will be the Citrine! This is my first Crystal to breed and I've been playing since it game came out. I bought the Unicorn when it was on sale. So Happy!18605

EviBrooklyn
02-25-15, 08:11 PM
Oh WOW! Just got 45 hr timer while trying for this! Unicorn and Zapra! So I believe it will be the Citrine! This is my first Crystal to breed and I've been playing since it game came out. I bought the Unicorn when it was on sale. So Happy!18605

Congrats

jsburas
02-25-15, 08:33 PM
Congrats

Thanks!

PernReloaded
02-25-15, 09:29 PM
Seconding that congrats.

So my koala went on the nest to be replaced by another koala breeding. Trying for this has suuuucked, and the timer is running out.

Crr008
02-26-15, 04:59 AM
In trying for the Mardi Claw, I have bred the following (In this order):
Zapra
Elephantom
Koala
Bansheep
Koala

No Mardi Claw yet...

chiareh
02-26-15, 10:41 AM
Too many koalas for me. I've used zapra x leopard and zapra x skyger. Level 10 zapra and level 15 everything else. >_> I wouldn't mind some variation in there, so it wouldn't feel so pointless, but I guess not. Really want the mardi claw--it's so shiny and pretty. lol.

Congrats to everyone who has it!

matiasabad94
02-26-15, 12:27 PM
Wonder what this will be; I don't have a Zapra either so it's good either way.

GC5410
02-26-15, 03:09 PM

Haha see my post #85 - we said almost the same thing! :)

PernReloaded
02-26-15, 05:12 PM
And two more koalas are populating my forest.

This is mildly depressing.

orleansparish
02-27-15, 02:56 PM
Woohoo! Just put this one on the nest. Was hoping I could get the other dark and lightning combos but this was great!

dragonloona
02-28-15, 12:02 AM
A week of common fails and ONE super rare fail, I finally got a Mardi claw!!! This one was truly a headache!!!

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/IMG_1567_zps04ed88a8.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/IMG_1567_zps04ed88a8.png.html)

http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y448/amanda_bell4/IMG_1565_zpsf64c4fb3.png (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/amanda_bell4/media/IMG_1565_zpsf64c4fb3.png.html)

itdragson
02-28-15, 01:23 AM
This is my favorite animal if you've been to Mardi Gras it will make sense right down to the beads. Cheers

jsburas
02-28-15, 02:05 AM
Hope can get this one soon!

jsburas
02-28-15, 02:07 AM
Haha see my post #85 - we said almost the same thing! :)

Haha! Congrats!

PernReloaded
02-28-15, 08:17 PM
Aaaand two more koalas. I know it's the common, but its so furstrating when the fails are so long.

I'm going to be out both this and all of the Valentine breedables! This month has SUCKED for breeding on this game for me.

gnomerztribe
02-28-15, 10:17 PM
Yesterday i bred unicorn and rumblebee and got 23 hrs.i was very excited coz i thought it was mardi claw but when i put the egg on the nest it was an elephantom egg instead which is suppose to be 18 hrs but the timer shows its 23 hrs.we only got 2 electric dark animals ( mardi claw and zapra ).i want to speed it but got no gems coz i speed breed trying for matripony and bought pygma giraffe.is there a possibility that i got either mardi claw or zapra as the timer shows or elephantom as the egg implies?any comments on this guys?

PernReloaded
02-28-15, 10:25 PM
Yesterday i bred unicorn and rumblebee and got 23 hrs.i was very excited coz i thought it was mardi claw but when i put the egg on the nest it was an elephantom egg instead which is suppose to be 18 hrs but the timer shows its 23 hrs.we only got 2 electric dark animals ( mardi claw and zapra ).i want to speed it but got no gems coz i speed breed trying for matripony and bought pygma giraffe.is there a possibility that i got either mardi claw or zapra as the timer shows or elephantom as the egg implies?any comments on this guys?
On DS I just had an egg that had a nine hour breed time, but went on the nest as a ten hour fail. I think they have glitches where what you're supposed to get doesnt end up on the nest for some reason :/

The only thing you can do is email support about it, but idk what they could do about it.

Edit: /another/ koala. They arent THAT cute.

Phaedrakiki
03-01-15, 05:35 PM
I've been a pretty unlucky breeder in this game. I got a 23-hr egg yesterday, and got soooo excited until I remembered it could also be a Zapra. But I nested the egg just now, and got Marty Mardi! I can't believe it!

I wish the best of luck to everyone else trying for this in these last few days of the goal. GL--may your animals be fertile & your nests blessed!;)

PernReloaded
03-02-15, 11:24 PM
Two more koalas since I last posted. Did the math. Fifteen days in, I've had an opportunity at 22 attempts (going with this since on a good day I can shave off an hour breeding/hatching, and I think I've managed enough hours to give me an up from the 21 the division actually gets). Of them, three have been Elephantoms. This actually isn't a terrible success rate, given the number of times I've actually bred, but there is something to the fact that it seems a lot worse because of the long fail times. Considering taking a break for the giraffe, since I don't have any of /those/ animals (and it doesn't seem like I'll be expanding my dark/lightning menagerie anytime soon).

Bambamstad
03-03-15, 08:32 AM
Koala after koala. One bansheep in between, which was new to me.

Worst thing, only got two explosives for the last two koalas, so TL is not only stealing all my precious breeding time with these long fails, but they are taking away my bombs as well :-(

rjazz
03-03-15, 09:06 AM
No Mardi Gras party here!

ninasidstorm8
03-03-15, 12:47 PM
Just got a 23 hour timer from my Bansheep/Glacial Griffin combination. Hoping for the Mardi Claw but I don't have a Zapra, so that would be OK.

GC5410
03-03-15, 12:52 PM
Koala after koala. One bansheep in between, which was new to me.

Worst thing, only got two explosives for the last two koalas, so TL is not only stealing all my precious breeding time with these long fails, but they are taking away my bombs as well :-(

I'm only getting 2 explosives for my koala fails too! (Which are endless!!)

zenobia42
03-03-15, 03:34 PM
This guy is super-cute. But the combo of EXTREMELY long fails + 3-5 other limited animals to breed at any given point while this is available = no mardi claw for me. Before I go to sleep tonight I will speed my 23-hour (!!!!!!!!!!) fail egg and 17:00 (the SHORTEST!) fail in the den and try one more time. I'd really like one of these, but I'm not holding my breath.

Gweenykay
03-03-15, 09:33 PM
Could I have Mardi? Combo Rumblebee Lvl 15 and Banshee lvl 4. Timer 23hrs. Now how much patience do I have!!!

kooky panda
03-04-15, 08:33 AM
Guys lets keep the comments on the Mardi Claw. I have moved the recent comments on limited animals to a current thread here. (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?77254-Limited-Animals!!&p=1036458&viewfull=1#post1036458)

Thanks!

PernReloaded
03-04-15, 11:55 AM
Well, I can only agree.

And I suppose to go with the theme of the forum, I have managed to breed yet another Elephantom in my pursuit of the Mardi Claw. My RNGs must be screwball, because you would think out of the five 18 hour timers I've gotten, ONE would have been a Bansheep.

But of course, none of them have been the Mardi Claw. Because why would I be that lucky? I have NONE of the Valentine animals, either, so this month's limiteds have been a waste of my time.

ninasidstorm8
03-04-15, 12:26 PM
After trying for the Zapra for so long a while back it hard to believe I was disappointed to put a Zapra egg in the nest. Running out of time for the Mardi Claw and was really hoping the 23 hour egg was one. I'll be trying until its removed.

[S8] Elsa
03-04-15, 06:02 PM
A friendly reminder, if you have a question about a post or thread that was removed, please post in Forum Disputes (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) for assistance. Discussing forum staff actions isn't permitted on the regular forum. Please remember to be respectful to fellow forum members, which includes our player moderators. Our forum mods are normal players who help out in their spare time because they have really big hearts.

To answer the question, Mardi Claws isn't currently scheduled to be limited time. If this changes somewhere in the future, it will be messaged in the game like previous limited time items. <3

zenobia42
03-04-15, 06:15 PM
I really hope I can breed the Mardi Claw. I am trying but the long fails (which I will not name :rolleyes: ) are very frustrating.

Hope this post is acceptable.

To answer the question, Mardi Claws isn't currently scheduled to be limited time. If this changes somewhere in the future, it will be messaged in the game like previous limited time items. <3
Which is exactly what a S8 staff member said about a certain orange seasonal animal that was made limited a short time later.

Crr008
03-05-15, 07:49 PM
In trying for the Mardi Claw, I have bred the following (In this order):
Zapra
Elephantom
Koala
Bansheep
Koala

No Mardi Claw yet...

So I took break and managed to get my first porkupine. Now I'm back at it
another Koala
bansheep
koala
And finally a 23 hour timer. Let's hope this one is not another Zapra.

55lee55
03-05-15, 11:57 PM
I haven't read this whole thread, but I can confirm that it can be a fail when trying to breed a Golden Reteriver. I already had the Mardi Claw but got the egg again while trying for the Golden Retreiver.

keller63
03-06-15, 05:41 AM
and ofc, my first 3 attempts are................. 17hour fails :) this is going to be a loooong time getting :P

Filounoir
03-06-15, 07:19 AM
Hallo , its my first time here! I have a little problem! Two days ago I got a Mardi claw egg and after breeeding time i made a big mistake . I pushed the wrong button an ...sold it. Yesterday i got a 23h h timer with zappra and Unicorn an brought into the nest today .. and I got a elephantom egg with 23 h timer !! I made a picture but I don`t know how to send it. Is there anybody with the same problem? I have just 50 gems, so I don`t want to speed up!

readysetgo888
03-06-15, 02:25 PM
Hallo , its my first time here! I have a little problem! Two days ago I got a Mardi claw egg and after breeeding time i made a big mistake . I pushed the wrong button an ...sold it. Yesterday i got a 23h h timer with zappra and Unicorn an brought into the nest today .. and I got a elephantom egg with 23 h timer !! I made a picture but I don`t know how to send it. Is there anybody with the same problem? I have just 50 gems, so I don`t want to speed up!

Definitely email support and explain, they will probably help....

zenobia42
03-06-15, 02:28 PM
Holy cow I bred this! I got the 23-hour timer yesterday and refused to get my hopes up. But I have the pretty egg now! :D

rjazz
03-06-15, 02:39 PM
Whoa Zen!!

Crr008
03-06-15, 03:55 PM
So I took break and managed to get my first porkupine. Now I'm back at it
another Koala
bansheep
koala
And finally a 23 hour timer. Let's hope this one is not another Zapra.

It was a Mardi Claw. Got it wit Bansheep and Zapra

PernReloaded
03-07-15, 01:48 AM
And a SIXTH Elephantom joins my menagerie.

No Bansheeps, no Zapras, nothing but koalas and elephantoms trying for this. *le sigh*

At least we can be certain it will likely go out of the market soon. That should be obvious from the name.

keller63
03-07-15, 03:36 AM
Oooo 23 hour timer, lets hope it this fellow. I don't mind a zapra either, don't have it and LOVE it but I can try for that any time. Fingers crossed for mardi claw

keller63
03-07-15, 06:39 PM
Oooo 23 hour timer, lets hope it this fellow. I don't mind a zapra either, don't have it and LOVE it but I can try for that any time. Fingers crossed for mardi claw

Yup it was this guy. Perfect, can finally try for some more perminant residents. At least until anothet limited comes out....

AuntyRose32
03-08-15, 08:31 AM
Just got a 23 hour timer on my first try, so hoping this is it. It may be a Zapra which I don't have so that's okay too.

PernReloaded
03-09-15, 05:48 PM
So my most recent attempt at this netted me a...

Bansheep Another Elephantom.

My seventh.

I have only bred koalas and elephants, and have taken only six hours off for a snowpossum fail during this whole thing. Really? Why can't I even breed a dang Bansheep? I /get/ that the Mardi Claw is super rare, but to not get the other *rare* animal is just insane.

Vodelle
03-10-15, 06:47 AM
Just got a 23h timer. Since I have neither a Zapra nor a Mardi Claw, it's a win for me! I'll update tomorrow with what it was. :p

readysetgo888
03-10-15, 09:29 AM
Congrats to all you recent 23 hour timer getters! I'm trucking along with Koala and Bansheep fails... I think I'm close to 30 fails now. No Zapra for me either, but I did get a Retriever so I can't complain too much lol. Maybe today's update will have something exciting with shorter fails. Orrrr it might be an event....

readysetgo888
03-10-15, 09:31 AM

Lol I wish I could give you one of mine. It's really weird (suspicious?) how it sometimes seems so unlikely to get a fail you actually need.

Vodelle
03-11-15, 07:50 AM
Update: The 23h was a mardi claw!

Here's all my breedings related to it:

3/2: Crystal Unicorn x Rumblebee = 17h, Koala Cadabra (c) new
3/2: Crystal Unicorn x Rumblebee = 17h, Koala Cadabra (c)
3/3: Skyger x Lightning Leopard = 18h, Elephantom (r) new
3/4: Skyger x Lightning Leopard = 17h, Koala Cadabra (c)
3/5: Skyger x Lightning Leopard = 18h, Bansheep (r) new
3/6: Crystal Unicorn x Rumblebee = 18h, Elephantom (r)
3/7: Crystal Unicorn x Rumblebee = 17h, Koala Cadabra (c)
3/8: Crystal Unicorn x Rumblebee = 17h, Koala Cadabra (c)
3/8: Crystal Unicorn x Bansheep = 17h, Koala Cadabra (c)
3/9: Crystal Unicorn x Bansheep = 17h, Koala Cadabra (c)
3/10: Crystal Unicorn x Bansheep = 23h, Mardi Claw (SR) new, limited

So, it took a week of breeding, 11 tries to get it. On the way I got three rares.

saphiraetti
03-11-15, 09:35 AM
Congrats to all you recent 23 hour timer getters! I'm trucking along with Koala and Bansheep fails... I think I'm close to 30 fails now. No Zapra for me either, but I did get a Retriever so I can't complain too much lol. Maybe today's update will have something exciting with shorter fails. Orrrr it might be an event....

I managed to get two back to back after trying about 30 tries to bad after quest though but ok.

saucysammis
03-11-15, 01:05 PM
I was going to be happy with Zapra,
But that was not meant to be...
The egg in my nest is a Mardi Claw!
And of coins? I'll receive twenty-three.

Yay me! Good luck to all those who are trying. I've been using 4 element combos for all my tries on new animals. I'm hoping for a unicorn fail.

readysetgo888
03-13-15, 05:00 PM

My seventh.

I have only bred koalas and elephants, and have taken only six hours off for a snowpossum fail during this whole thing. Really? Why can't I even breed a dang Bansheep? I /get/ that the Mardi Claw is super rare, but to not get the other *rare* animal is just insane.

Did you ever get your Bansheep? I just got another one... my 5th since I started trying for Mardi Claw... no Elphantoms. Sure doesn't feel like it's all that random lol.

PernReloaded
03-13-15, 09:51 PM
Did you ever get your Bansheep? I just got another one... my 5th since I started trying for Mardi Claw... no Elphantoms. Sure doesn't feel like it's all that random lol.

I actually did. I uninstalled my game, and on my next breeding managed a Bansheep.

After that I decided to take a break from the Mardi Claw and got two new animals in a row. I can't complain too much about that :D

I'm going to give it another shot after the egg I'm breeding right now is on the nest.

ninasidstorm8
03-21-15, 11:24 AM
While breeding four elements in my endless quest for a Unicorn I received a 23 hour timer. Figured it would be a duplicate of the Zapra that I managed to breed at the beginning of the month. To my delight, I put the egg in the nest and it is a Mardi Claw. Now I don't need to have both Electric and Dark in my breeding combo.

I thought that the Mardi Claw would have gone limited by now. Glad to get it, good luck to all still trying.

readysetgo888
03-23-15, 09:43 AM
Just got a 23 hour timer after probably 40 attempts. I can hardly believe it... right when my interest in this game had dwindled almost to none. I don't know if this will be enough to save it, but it helps. Really hoping for Mardi Claw, but Zapra would still be a win as I don't have one and it's one of my favorite animals.

azucita
03-23-15, 10:56 AM
hello, I was wondering if a mod can respond to this question:

If the mardi claw is still in the market, does that mean we can also still breed it? I know there was a time limit for it, but im guessing that may have been only for the prize of 60 gems.

Please let me know

Thanks!

cocauina
03-23-15, 10:58 AM
hello, I was wondering if a mod can respond to this question:

If the mardi claw is still in the market, does that mean we can also still breed it? I know there was a time limit for it, but im guessing that may have been only for the prize of 60 gems.

Please let me know

Thanks!

When a animal cannot be breeded, the description of the animal says in the end "not found through breeding".

Mardi Claw is breedable, what was limited, was the goal and not the animal.

readysetgo888
03-23-15, 11:33 AM
Yes, if an animal is in the shop, it is still breedable, unless it says in the description "not found through breeding" as cocauina said. Generally this is only for tournament prizes, so other than when a tournament is on, if the animal's in the shop, it's breedable.

Here's the deal on the 60 gem goal - a goal to breed the animal has NOTHING to do with when the animal will be removed from the game. Limited animals are ALWAYS marked limited in some way before they are removed (Mardi Claw, as of yet, hasn't been marked this way). There may or may not be a goal to breed a new animal, and the goal may or may not expire when the animal does. They have NOTHING to do with each other.

I would guess Mardi Claw is going to go limited either with tomorrow's update or with Friday's. I doubt it has much time left, but yeah, it's been around what, 3 weeks after the goal expired? Once it gets the limited label, you'll either have until the next update to breed it, or sometimes a full 6 days. Updates are Tuesdays and Fridays at 2:30pm est.

(This information, along with my previous posts about the different kinds of limited animals that I can probably go back and find, really belongs in a READ THIS FIRST sticky in the forum. It would be super helpful to new players to understand how goals and limited animals actually work. I do my best to post it, but I know not many people read it each time).

readysetgo888
03-24-15, 07:01 AM
Just got a 23 hour timer after probably 40 attempts. I can hardly believe it... right when my interest in this game had dwindled almost to none. I don't know if this will be enough to save it, but it helps. Really hoping for Mardi Claw, but Zapra would still be a win as I don't have one and it's one of my favorite animals.

It was a Mardi Claw! Very happy as I suspect it is going limited today. I also suspect there will be a full length tournament today.

cocauina
03-24-15, 07:48 AM
1 week trying for Maedi Claw, Zapra and Bansheep, and I only get Koala Cadabra's.

Sometimes I think that the breeding garden/den can broken for certain time. At least in the past I got 2 Elephantom's and the rest were Koala Cadabra's when trying for Zapra and Bansheep, but now, only 17hrs of timer.

CleopatraThutmosi
03-24-15, 08:09 AM
Avrei bisogno di aiuto!!!!! Ho aggiornato l'Ipad e fantasy forest story ? tornato al primo livello, ero arrivata a livello 40.

EviBrooklyn
03-24-15, 08:21 AM
Avrei bisogno di aiuto!!!!! Ho aggiornato l'Ipad e fantasy forest story ? tornato al primo livello, ero arrivata a livello 40.

You need to log on with your old storm ID & password

azucita
03-24-15, 10:05 AM
thank you for the answer, i'll start trying for it again :)

flowless
03-26-15, 01:47 AM
Iam glad its not limited yet
I honstly thought i wont have the chance to get it
Cuz i wanted the graffie more
I tried for it first
Now i got 17 hour timer
I can go back to try for this one again

Edit:
First try: 17 hrs timer

sweetdeda
03-28-15, 02:06 PM
I finally got one! In the nest now! (Happy dance!). Needed a little happiness since the tournament is kicking my butt!

Nightlady1000
03-30-15, 01:15 PM
Got it this afternoon with Hippogryph level 5 and Terrorier level 9

ninasidstorm8
04-21-15, 01:31 PM
A month ago I was happy to get a Mardi Claw while trying for a Crystal Unicorn with a combination that would get be a number of animals that I still haven't bred. Funny how now its just a very long (23 hours) fail.

readysetgo888
04-22-15, 09:08 AM
I'm very surprised they haven't removed this from the game yet. As a holiday animal, I thought for sure it only had 4-6 weeks and here we are, over 3 months...

sanya87
04-24-15, 12:57 PM
i am glad they didn't remove it before, i finally got him...

MystiqueRealm
02-09-18, 05:40 PM
I bred mardi claw with CU and Silverback gorilla 23 hour breed and 24 hour evolve

Btw, zapra is 23 hr breed too