PDA

View Full Version : Fashion Story Update - 2-17-2015

IsisGarden
02-17-15, 10:07 AM
What are you expecting today for the update?

-------
The update is here.

60s Update...

Catalog
60s Star (is all black)
4 hours

Decor
Plush couch (6 day sale item)
Eclectic Bench (6 day sale item)
Mod Chair
Mod Closet
Mod Shelf
Mod Star Display
Mod Duo
Mod Row
Modern Standing Shelf (6 day sale item)

No Tables, Counters, Dressing Rooms, or Wall Decor this week.

---------

Sorry, I've been MIA again. Still having back issues. Doctor said it was a muscle sprain. Been taking medicine he prescribed, getting better a little at a time.

FrostedThings
02-17-15, 11:06 AM
I would LOL so hard if they finally gave us pink heart stuff that they should have given us for Valentine's Day. :D but I'm expecting more bland colors. Maybe a little beige with some cream thrown in for variety. LOL.

Hope you feel 100% soon!

CuteTali
02-17-15, 11:35 AM
After the great BIG DISAPPOINTMENT of virtually no vday stuff this year I'm not really expecting much from the next couple of updates.... Didn't even get an LTO/Box sale. It'll probably be another white/black/beige/brown/grey catalogue anyway.

jewelfang
02-17-15, 11:36 AM
Who knows? As long as we don't get a Twilight themed update, I'm good, lol. I didn't mind the Hunger Games one, I see it is actually pretty popular and a lot of my neighbors clearly tried that box. I would love to, but some of the lower end prizes hold me back.

I'm still hoping for GAME OF THRONES themed stuff, if they are doing popular entertainment. The new season starts soon! But like FrostedThings, I fear we'll get another beige catalogue. Maybe a swimsuit, or something else random and not fitting for mid February.

DragonWished
02-17-15, 11:47 AM
Chinese New Year theme would make me happy. Or maybe a jump on the Easter parade. Or St Patrick Day.

Anything but the neutrals we've been getting. Neutral is for home selling stuff like paint and wallpaper!

Not a fan of the warwear themes.

---------------
Isis, glad the meds are helping. Hope you're back to 100% soon. But don't rush it! Get a good heal!

orleansparish
02-17-15, 11:49 AM
Purple! Or some more gray. I know, the dreaded color but I need more of it. Displays that is.

KadeeDid
02-17-15, 11:55 AM
Today is Shrove Tuesday (pancakes) and Mardi Gras (purple and green, maybe yellow). Really too late for that. Didn't get the nice Valentine Day fashion we had previously. March 17 is St. Patricks Day. Maybe they could release the great outfits they removed which weren't even seasonal. I think there was a green sweater and jeans. Not everyone celebrates but it doesn't need to be specifically St. Pats. Is it too late to get some nice winter wear? Should we be planning our spring events?

DragonWished
02-17-15, 11:57 AM
I would LOVE more purple. But not lavender.

This year's Pantone color is Marsala. *dreaming*

orleansparish
02-17-15, 12:12 PM
Today is Shrove Tuesday (pancakes) and Mardi Gras (purple and green, maybe yellow). Really too late for that. Didn't get the nice Valentine Day fashion we had previously. March 17 is St. Patricks Day. Maybe they could release the great outfits they removed which weren't even seasonal. I think there was a green sweater and jeans. Not everyone celebrates but it doesn't need to be specifically St. Pats. Is it too late to get some nice winter wear? Should we be planning our spring events?

Id love to see that green sweater and jeans combo. Hadnt mastered it yet. I always ordered the cap, it was too cute. I wish I'd bought it but I didn't quite understand seasonal content when it was there. It's never too early for St. Paddy content. Id be a happy camper of they gave us the option to buy those green themed displays. There is one with a fairy, don't remember it's name but it's lovely. And I want it!

xoxoBabyGirl
02-17-15, 12:37 PM
So I haven't had a chance to get on the forum and keep up to date so I was wondering if TL addressed the lack of LTO? I like that they are offering the box items for sale but I do wish that they would still have the LTOs. The displays were so amazing last year, yes some were overpriced but it was the first time since I've played this game (a few yrs now) that I actually kept up with the weekly catalogs and decorated.

Guess we'll see what we get today :)

orleansparish
02-17-15, 12:38 PM
The price on the stockings and necklace needs to be corrected. Otherwise, the items are so cute. I can't wait to see them because I don't have gems, at the moment. It's cheap and looks great!

orleansparish
02-17-15, 12:39 PM
So I haven't had a chance to get on the forum and keep up to date so I was wondering if TL addressed the lack of LTO? I like that they are offering the box items for sale but I do wish that they would still have the LTOs. The displays were so amazing last year, yes some were overpriced but it was the first time since I've played this game (a few yrs now) that I actually kept up with the weekly catalogs and decorated.

We haven't had LTOs but new displays every week. Minus the hassle of deciding if we can buy gems in time to get one.

jewelfang
02-17-15, 01:00 PM
The price on the stockings and necklace needs to be corrected. Otherwise, the items are so cute. I can't wait to see them because I don't have gems, at the moment. It's cheap and looks great!

The EXP for the shoes looks wrong, too, 7 exp for those, when the rest are between 35 and 50 exp? Something is screwy with the catalogue prices and xp, lol

And it's black. Huh, who'd have guessed it, ROFL. Back later to comment on other stuff, haven't had time to look yet.

jojopeanut
02-17-15, 01:11 PM
What is the update? I"m to busy at work to look

DragonWished
02-17-15, 01:12 PM
A lot of vibrant colors in the displays a la the early '60s. Fun and bright! Lots to think about and play around with. Enough so that I finally put the mitten display in storage. :-D Didn't see any new counters, racks or dressing rooms.

The catalog items are pretty but neutral black (surprise!). Doesn't look like anything we wore in those days but my avatar will be happy with flats that look good!

jojopeanut
02-17-15, 01:33 PM
Okay I looked I like the display's kinda funny is my next idea I was going to do this week was an eclectic one I was planning on pulling my art pop runways out and using the polka dot display's and some other items now these it's gonna be cool I wasn't really looking for anything in particular this update. so it's kinda funny considering what I was thinking of doing next not sure quite yet on what'll I'll use from this but something will work.

jewelfang
02-17-15, 01:34 PM
The chair is cute for only 2 gems, I can't judge the new closet (20 gems) or the Star Display (30 gems), if someone could post pics, that would be fantastic!
The mod duo is kind of cute, but they look like they are straight out of Dr. Who! IF only they had given us a Tardis, and some other cheesy sci-fi fun stuff I might have run with it. The girls looks very much like a 60's superheroine. And the mod row coins d?cor is odd. I bought one, but it is TINY!! Looks like a kids clothing/capelet display.
Also, 2 old furniture things from boxes fitting the last 2 weeks teal and polka dots, and they are a LOT of gems for some couches, geeze!

No wall d?cor or wallpaper, tiles, or anything, just this floor d?cor?

IsisGarden
02-17-15, 01:42 PM

I think that they are giving us regular (non-LTO) displays so that we can have more time to purchase the displays. I think it is good because we don't have to rush to get the displays. We have some time to think about them. I like this way better, personally.

angelmama24
02-17-15, 01:43 PM
A lot of vibrant colors in the displays a la the early '60s. Fun and bright! Lots to think about and play around with. Enough so that I finally put the mitten display in storage. :-D Didn't see any new counters, racks or dressing rooms.

The catalog items are pretty but neutral black (surprise!). Doesn't look like anything we wore in those days but my avatar will be happy with flats that look good!

We definitely wore more colorful clothes back in the day. This outfit is more like mod Addams family. Lol.

IsisGarden
02-17-15, 01:47 PM
Not impressed with this update for some reason. There's not much there. The Mod items are colorful and nice, but I'm not impressed. That black catalog is just ugh...

BTW, I have mentioned the lack of color (more times than I care to mention) to TL.

aishaibrahims
02-17-15, 01:54 PM
Really like the larger one. Not so much the girl on the right! Hairstyle and outfit a little dodgy imo! The other 2 are super cute tho

Natasha_07
02-17-15, 01:57 PM
The update is nice and I do like the floor items, but...

Maybe it's just me, the updates for this year so far are really lacking in the WOW factor department.

CuteTali
02-17-15, 01:58 PM
Really like the larger one. Not so much the girl on the right! Hairstyle and outfit a little dodgy imo! The other 2 are super cute tho

Thanks for the big pictures of both displays. I like the one with the cool hairstyle and the green dress, though I really wish it was hot pink there instead of green. Then tone the background outfits colors to black-grey-white-hot pink. They always have something off with the colors in this game. They need to take some hints from Bakery Story, where the colors of items recently (and also designs) have been absolutely STUNNING.

The second display with the 3 models is nice and all, except the one girl with the short dorky hairstyle that's really putting me off about buying it.

If they could just fix these two small details I'd happily buy not just one, but both displays and in two different shops.

orleansparish
02-17-15, 02:05 PM

That's a very cool and popular hair cut. I love both of them and the one on the left will look great with the coin display that came out with the art pop one. I was about to do a purple and red theme but when I get a gem sale I'll buy these and do a wild and wacky, super colorful one instead. Should be fun. I just wish the outfit we had today was more colorful and outrageous to match the displays more. But the shapes and designs are awesome. Hairstyles and all.

DragonWished
02-17-15, 02:06 PM
We definitely wore more colorful clothes back in the day. This outfit is more like mod Addams family. Lol.

You read my mind! :-D

The green dress on the Mod Closet model would have been excellent as the catalog outfit.

jewelfang
02-17-15, 02:08 PM
Both of the displays are cute, thanks for the pictures! I really like the Star Display, personally I think the girl on the right with the short hair and plaid dress is very cute.

aishaibrahims
02-17-15, 02:09 PM
Lol looks like the girl in green dress surrounded by maternity wear! Iv personally loved updates this year. I think the quality and pricing has improved dramatically. And really enjoyed the old items making a comeback, giving fools like me a 2nd chance to buy stuff i regretted letting slip the 1st time. The random box items popping out has put me off opening them anymore, i may aswell just wait and see if they offer the items im after.

DragonWished
02-17-15, 02:09 PM

I think the girl on the right is supposed to be the supermodel Twiggy, who, in her day, brought dodgy to an art form. :-)

aishaibrahims
02-17-15, 02:12 PM
I think the girl on the right is supposed to be the supermodel Twiggy, who, in her day, brought dodgy to an art form. :-)

Oh ye i remember her, just not my cup of tea!

aiyoosha
02-17-15, 02:18 PM
Never heard of mod or watever twig is but the pink display is cute if I ever buy one of these displays iD buy that one and more of the eclectic couch. I only got one of those from opening that prett chest! I got the fascinator display on my 2nd try yay!

jewelfang
02-17-15, 02:34 PM
I think the girl on the floor looks like Twiggy, with the pixy short blond hair. I don't recall Twiggy ever wearing a dark wedge like the one on the right. I still like I though!

See, here is one of Twiggy that looks JUST like the model on the floor, including the ball earings. Details on the dress are a tiny bit different. But this looks like the pose they used for the floor model.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/79023959-portrait-of-model-twiggy-sitting-on-a-studio-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=fOqRSGnZREbdOD5U9z9TH0GITpDPsFwYP3qjnXymMT8ATlP0 2VriW1OKNCR65QWDzgrUlqcyJsz3z6U20iyJWQ%3d%3d

jewelfang
02-17-15, 02:49 PM
And OMG, look, the girl in the couple is Emma Peel, a superhero from the AVENGERS! LOL. I realize this influenced fashion, but to use the actual costume is funny to me..

http://emmapeel.com/Emma_Peel_Catsuit-4.jpg

jojopeanut
02-17-15, 03:05 PM
Yeap I've been told I look like Twiggy majority of my adult life exept her eyes are much larger than mine. I'm a cross between her and Sandy Duncan. Definitely have her jaw line though and I do have large eyes not as large as hers though. And I do like my hair short and blonde. Anyway yea I gotta have anyting Twiggy inspired

aishaibrahims
02-17-15, 03:28 PM
Ah great find jewelfang! And ye i remember twiggy having short hair just was unsure of the style. I just searched google to try find that black hairstyle, but no joy. I could always post a pic of myself with it! Lol! Early 90s my mum took me to hairdressers and picked that style for me : ( i didnt like it and neither did my friends! I cant pull off short hair, so kept it long ever since i was old enough to decide myself! Thats why i have beef with it!

irlanda_c
02-17-15, 03:37 PM
I think Im going to keep the black dress from the catalogue for halloween =S

Saigek
02-17-15, 03:38 PM
[ATTACH=CONFIG]18470[/ATTACH definitely Emma Peal! I like the chair..not so much the closet. If it fit into corner it would better

angelmama24
02-17-15, 04:32 PM
You read my mind! :-D

The green dress on the Mod Closet model would have been excellent as the catalog outfit.

Haha! I think the pink dress in the display would have been better, plus a Twiggy hair style and eye makeup. But a girl can dream. Lol

mergirl96
02-17-15, 04:41 PM
I love the displays this week! All of them are too cute, especially the one with the three girls. Also love the pop culture references we've been seeing, first the Hunger Games, now a super hero and Twiggy, it's awesome! I'm glad to see some items on sale too. The rest of the update is pretty weak, there's very little new items or even sale items and the catalog is kinda meh.

jojopeanut
02-17-15, 04:46 PM
The mod shelves are really cool.

DragonWished
02-17-15, 04:57 PM
I think the girl on the floor looks like Twiggy, with the pixy short blond hair. I don't recall Twiggy ever wearing a dark wedge like the one on the right. I still like I though!

See, here is one of Twiggy that looks JUST like the model on the floor, including the ball earings. Details on the dress are a tiny bit different. But this looks like the pose they used for the floor model.

http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gc/79023959-portrait-of-model-twiggy-sitting-on-a-studio-gettyimages.jpg?v=1&c=IWSAsset&k=2&d=fOqRSGnZREbdOD5U9z9TH0GITpDPsFwYP3qjnXymMT8ATlP0 2VriW1OKNCR65QWDzgrUlqcyJsz3z6U20iyJWQ%3d%3d

Sorry for the confusion. I rotated the display in my shop and that put the girl with the Twiggy looks on the right. Duh!

MizCricket
02-17-15, 05:06 PM
Thanks for the fantastic update TL! I love the displays, and I'm really enjoying the new way they've been offering older items for sale that work with the theme. I've bought several things I wouldn't have otherwise.

lelaina752
02-17-15, 05:23 PM
Thanks for the fantastic update TL! I love the displays, and I'm really enjoying the new way they've been offering older items for sale that work with the theme. I've bought several things I wouldn't have otherwise.

I totally agree about offering past items. I really like that TL offers these items and also discounts current items that go with the theme. Great concept and I've been a very happy customer.

With respect to this update, mod isn't my favorite theme personally. But I really appreciate all of the fun items offered. The avatar items are also adorable. I think this is another great update. Thanks TL! :)

Ic3e
02-17-15, 06:41 PM
I LOVE MOD FASHION!!! I just love how TL is so close to detail on the displays! Aside from the 'box silhouette' dresses, short pixie cuts, heavy eye makeup and psychedelic colors; they even have poses down. Legs spread with their arms daintily positioned on either side of them (or somewhere else). And I love that the famous Twiggy makes an appearance in one of the displays! I've yet to view the catalog but from why I heard it's like the Mod Addams family style? That cracked me up xD.

Ic3e
02-17-15, 07:04 PM
Now I would just like to express one major problem and one minor problem. First, I really like the catalog, I really I do but the thing is it's so comparable to the the 'Disco Queen' catalog we got for Halloween 2013(?). '60's Star' is too early 1970s disco! Which brings me to the major problem, why do the display girls always have better clothing?! They're clothes are prettier, more colorful and more historically accurate! I would die if that mean I could have the 'Twiggy' girls pink outfit!

jojopeanut
02-17-15, 07:50 PM
Yes we need more COLOR in catalogs. Last was Christmas not enough.

jewelfang
02-17-15, 08:09 PM
Now I would just like to express one major problem and one minor problem. First, I really like the catalog, I really I do but the thing is it's so comparable to the the 'Disco Queen' catalog we got for Halloween 2013(?). '60's Star' is too early 1970s disco! Which brings me to the major problem, why do the display girls always have better clothing?! They're clothes are prettier, more colorful and more historically accurate! I would die if that mean I could have the 'Twiggy' girls pink outfit!

I 100% agree! I have been loving the new content. The amount we get may have been reduced, but the quality is excellent! The artwork and eye to detail in floor displays and decor has been fabulous, and I applaud TL for it all.

But the catalogues....not so much. Oh, they aren't all horrible, loved the gold and cream gown from a while back for instance, but mostly they just don't really follow the update theme so well, or if they do, ala Hunger Games, they are super drab.

I like the new black shift dress, love that it is for coins, but it is kind of like the Adams Family does Disco, not mod. I bought it for my avatar, but it would not go well in a shop with any of the great floor decor we got today.

Still, I don't want to be all negative, as this is still a fun update! I hope to get the Star Display and redo my entire shop next week! :-) Overallgreat job TL! :-)

jewelfang
02-17-15, 08:12 PM
Sorry for the confusion. I rotated the display in my shop and that put the girl with the Twiggy looks on the right. Duh!

Hah, that is my fault for not even thinking about how it would rotate. Still it led me to go find that Twiggy pic, so it is all good. :-)

jojopeanut
02-17-15, 10:45 PM
This sure is a fun update and surprising as I said I was already planning doing an eclectic pop art deco this week. This just enhances my plans, now to get my OCD in check lol and attention detail. Remodels seem to take me days. Lol

Also for those that don't have it I hope they bring back the NY pillow display I have it the colors and display work well with this also. And the vespas if you have those maybe next week TL will consider these item's to bring back.

My shop is a mess but a pic to show those how it works.http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/fashion_story-2015-02-17-09-54-04.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/fashion_story-2015-02-17-09-54-04.png.html)

jojopeanut
02-17-15, 10:58 PM
Also the magazine racks and the shoe display we got recently it's all good :)

Rose_00
02-17-15, 11:14 PM
I really am not a fan of the catalogue :c
Just seems like it should've been more
colorful to match the decor

Ic3e
02-18-15, 04:05 AM
This sure is a fun update and surprising as I said I was already planning doing an eclectic pop art deco this week. This just enhances my plans, now to get my OCD in check lol and attention detail. Remodels seem to take me days. Lol

Also for those that don't have it I hope they bring back the NY pillow display I have it the colors and display work well with this also. And the vespas if you have those maybe next week TL will consider these item's to bring back.

My shop is a mess but a pic to show those how it works.http://i1077.photobucket.com/albums/w477/Jo65ha/fashion_story-2015-02-17-09-54-04.png (http://s1077.photobucket.com/user/Jo65ha/media/fashion_story-2015-02-17-09-54-04.png.html)

I just realized the 'Twiggy' character really is Twiggy! Her iconic photoshoot of her in a pink box dress and large disco ball earrings are a complete match! The display is wonderful jojo! I'm already saving up to remodel a section of my '70s hippie' boutique :)

andromedablack
02-18-15, 08:31 AM
The 60s theme isn't my thing and I don't really like messing with old decades in my boutique.Right now I'm in a spring mood so can't fit any of these in my shop.

And what's that with the black catalogue while the displays are so colorful? What's the problem TL has with colors? I still can't get over the lack of color in Valentine's, I think FS is the only game that got a white Valentine's update.Still can't believe it, white instead of pink/red!

minidemon88
02-18-15, 11:50 AM
Nice updates! The displays we got recently are really top notch with nice details. Especially the mod star display, it's colorful! There's so many displays I wanna get, so I'm very glad that they're not LTO. XD Lemme save up more gems before I get them.

angelmama24
02-18-15, 12:26 PM

Right! The models in the displays always have better clothes than what we get for closet items. I also wish we got the pink "Twiggy" dress. I would have been ecstatic!

angelmama24
02-18-15, 12:31 PM
Yeap I've been told I look like Twiggy majority of my adult life exept her eyes are much larger than mine. I'm a cross between her and Sandy Duncan. Definitely have her jaw line though and I do have large eyes not as large as hers though. And I do like my hair short and blonde. Anyway yea I gotta have anyting Twiggy inspired

I was in love with Twiggy back in the day. My grandpa called me Twiggy. I was rail thin, and I rocked the pixy hairdo and blue eyeshadow (even penciled in the lower lashes).

xoxoBabyGirl
02-19-15, 09:26 AM
I think that they are giving us regular (non-LTO) displays so that we can have more time to purchase the displays. I think it is good because we don't have to rush to get the displays. We have some time to think about them. I like this way better, personally.

Yes, that is the one benefit of not having LTOs. It was such a rushed decision. I do like the idea of older items being discounted, maybe it'll just take to get used to it.

orleansparish
02-19-15, 11:47 AM

Looks great so far! I still forgot the name of the display, but with the one at the bottom with the bead curtain looks amazing with everything. Id mentioned that in my earlier comment. I keep going through the design section to find colorful things that would work with everything. That red and white closet that looks similar to the denim display is perfect too. But I only have one and don't know where to put it.

I'm also using those colorful dividers and three color japanese balloons I think they are. Gosh, I really need to look at the name of things because otherwise the stuff I write makes no sense! But my shop is going to be wild, wacky and full of color.

jojopeanut
02-19-15, 09:44 PM
Looks great so far! I still forgot the name of the display, but with the one at the bottom with the bead curtain looks amazing with everything. Id mentioned that in my earlier comment. I keep going through the design section to find colorful things that would work with everything. That red and white closet that looks similar to the denim display is perfect too. But I only have one and don't know where to put it.

I'm also using those colorful dividers and three color japanese balloons I think they are. Gosh, I really need to look at the name of things because otherwise the stuff I write makes no sense! But my shop is going to be wild, wacky and full of color.

I think you mean the summer lanterns on the pole great idea I might use some too.

Lenkapon
02-20-15, 05:11 PM
I love this update. But i was waiting for a LTO. And the catalog makes me feel dissapointed, is all black. And i really really want the catalog for short time, about 1 to 2 hrs.