PDA

View Full Version : Valentines Quest Reward Stolen

barefootpip
02-16-15, 10:14 PM
I have been doing the Valentines questline up to the point where I needed to learn a recipe (needing to level 35). Im level 24 and there is no way I will get 11 levels in 6 days. I got there 2 days ago but was so shocked at being stumped by Teamlava I stopped playing for two days. I could skip by paying gems but Im not going to spend them on 1 quest just to be stopped at the next one. Whats the point in playing these games if they offer quests or tasks that are impossible to complete.

Gr1zz_LeBear
02-17-15, 01:30 AM
I'm in the exact same place! While I have enough gems to finish this part of the quest, I can see that there are other Valentines Oven items that need over level 40, and I doubt I will have enough gems for that.

When I stopped playing before, there was a hardware store, but now, expansion parts are a matter of chance. This game is starting to feel like playing Yahtzee with 5d4 dice.

barefootpip
02-17-15, 01:44 AM
Agreed. Tried the "Farm" games and had one that you could throw 3 darts at a board and if you got all 4/5 items you get the GRAND prize. Do the math and you find you need to spend real money to achieve it. Those games I don't value enough to pay with real money as I get board of them sooner.

PraxisOfGood
02-17-15, 06:26 AM
I seriously don't get these complaints. You get a premium reward ( the XO sign) for getting as far as you can get in the quest line before the level 35 requirement hits you. So what's the sense of being upset that you got ripped off just because there are also rewards for the players who have been around longer than you? Personally, I think TL did a great job of rewarding players of all s**** levels with a decent storyline and appropriate rewards.

I can only imagine at easter that there will be complaints from the same people who will have come to think that the top reward should require a drink maker because otherwise there is no reason to show it off. :p

tiggerhobbes
02-17-15, 06:59 AM
"stolen" is a bit dramatic don't you think? If you never owned it, were never entitled to it, have not earned it, then how can it be stolen?

That said, it would be fun if they engineered that into the game design, players get to 'steal' decorations and display them in their restaurants as a prank and you need to pay a 'ransome' to get it back :p

Seriously, it's one of the most inconsequncial rewards ever. I was level 49 before the valentine event was launched and I couldn't be bothered to work on it (back then they were really stingy with the letters and it seemed way too much effort for some really really lame decoration.)

Will you be livid if I told you at some point in this game, they actually took away building progress for all players and make people whom have already unlocked/ upgraded (some with real money/ gems) buildings to go back to rebuild from scratch? THAT, to me, is much closer to stealing.

queentina3
02-17-15, 07:43 AM
For those under level 35 you can progress through step 9 and it is at step 10 that you have to stop. As long as you continue to collect the valentine cards that Frank drops, when you reach the desired level, you'll be able to unlock the recipes and cook them then. You just won't get the end reward of the kissing birds, as the event will be over by then. At least TL gave to those of us that weren't level 35 the XO sign, as honestly, they didn't have to give us anything.

mamareader02
02-17-15, 08:03 AM
I wouldn't mind if someone stole my kissing birds,just leave me a note(not a ransom one cause if you take it you're gonna keep it!)

WinnyWoos
02-19-15, 05:38 PM
Honestly, I can see everyone's point. But I've been playing TL games for years and can't recall ever coming across a Special Event quest/goal that required players to be a certain level to in order to recieve the prize shown at the end of the goal. In ANY of the games. Most or all have a level requirement in order to participate, but not allow you to start without even being able to complete it. I just started RS2 in December and lucked out by already being above level 35 but putting myself in their shoes, I probably would've been upset as well:confused: IMO, this issue could have easily been avoided had the Vday Goal Thread stated (first comment, first page) that there were indeed level requirements in order to actually complete the entire goal.

If TL wants to have goals that are only completable by certain level requirements, they should have it clearly stated somewhere in the actual game so there doesn't have to be all this fuss during an event thats made and suppose to be for fun. The person made a valid point that commented under the vday thread, saying that players shouldn't have to come to a forum just to understand an event and to recieve all the facts and/or requirements for an event on an app game. There are several players that still don't even know about these forums. Although....in this case, it wouldn't have helped much since it wasn't stated until a player actually came and posted it when they got to that step. Maybe next time, ahh?

WinnyWoos
02-19-15, 05:49 PM
Will you be livid if I told you at some point in this game, they actually took away building progress for all players and make people whom have already unlocked/ upgraded (some with real money/ gems) buildings to go back to rebuild from scratch? THAT, to me, is much closer to stealing.

Wow. Livid doesn't even come close to how I would've felt. That would've officially been the end of my TL days. Wow. I'm so sorry to all you players that had to do that.