PDA

View Full Version : What is YOUR optimal amount of tables & serving counters?

Unregistered
02-05-11, 05:10 PM
Just curious, what is YOUR optimal amount of tables and counters, and why?

Currently running: 29 tables, 16 counters.

16 counters is a lot compared to many bakeries that I see, but I have seen more. I'd actually love MORE counters, as I like to make large quantities of a BIG variety of stuff. I dislike duplicates. I like to close up shop & bake for several days to stack 3k+ of each unique item on each counter. Then open up shop and let 'er go. I go a little overboard. ;) A better strategy might just be to let customers in as I cook, even if it means that I don't have every counter full and I don't have x4 or so of every item.

As for tables, I could use more, but I need to save up for another expansion. I'm at my table limit that will keep my design looking nice.

zach attack
02-06-11, 12:59 PM
I am level 19 with the 10 x 13 expansion:

41 tables and chairs
9 serving counters with one in storage, I needed the space for a new oven when I hit level 19.

I have done minimal decorating and only have basic tables and chairs. I figure that eventually I will have more money to use for decorating and upgrading chairs and tables.

I only purchase serving counters when I need them. I am currently leveling recipes each to level 4 so I do not make a variety of things to serve like the above post. At first, I leveled the best choice for the time period, now if two things take the same amount of time, I will choose the one that does not have a chef level of 4. After everything is leveled, I will choose for optimal profit.

Unregistered
02-07-11, 12:05 AM
35 tables 6 counters . Duplicated food gets added to same counter so you don't need so many.

Unregistered
02-07-11, 12:18 AM
I currently have 32 usable tables for the customers, and 6 decorative tables I purchased with gems to use as a counter (not a serving counter, a bench-type counter around my cash register). I have 8 serving counters, but would have less if it fit in with my design.

Hoovie
02-07-11, 01:31 AM
Hi!
I just turned level 19 & my grid size is 11 x 14 with 38 tables with chairs, 8 serving counters, 5 stoves, 1 oven, & 1 barrel.

For optimal, I have trouble some times with running out of food. I close so as to not have sad faces take mg happy faces away. I need to cook faster to trade out a table set for more counters and was thinking about just ditching some chairs to keep the flow last longer.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50314296@N04/5423981235/

Unregistered
02-07-11, 12:16 PM
35 tables 6 counters . Duplicated food gets added to same counter so you don't need so many.

Hi, thank you for the reply. My experience, however, has been different from yours. Duplicated food gets added FIRST to an open counter. It will only stack with existing same-type foods if you remove all of your counters.

Besides - it's fun to have 15 different things to serve up. :)

Thanks everyone for the replies! Always interesting to hear how others like to operate.

Unregistered
02-07-11, 12:17 PM
Doh, I meant if you remove all of your *empty* counters.

Unregistered
02-08-11, 08:55 PM
Doh, I meant if you remove all of your *empty* counters.

The system doesn't auto stack your dishes. Don't worry though, If you create something new when there are no empty spaces available on your counters due to multiples of the same dish, when you hit the button to finish preparing and serve the new plate of food, you will get a message saying that the chief has combined all the same dishes together.