PDA

View Full Version : Need butter for valentines challenge, but I'm on,y level 23.

kimmysue123
02-16-15, 06:02 AM
I'm up to the part of the valentines challenge where I'm suppose to make cheesecake. I need butter which is locked until level 35, but I'm currently at level 23. Is there anyway to work around that that anyone knows of? I don't have enough gems to just skip this.

queentina3
02-16-15, 06:07 AM
You won't be able to finish the goal unless you reach the level indicated, which most won't. However, TL did say that as long as you continue to collect the cards (40 will be needed for those last two recipes) then when the goal ends, you'll still be able to unlock and cook the recipes later, you just won't get the final goal prize.

For now most of us had to end the goal after step 9, where you receive the XO sign. We're now collecting the cards only so we can unlock the recipes when we reach those levels.

kimmysue123
02-16-15, 06:24 AM
Thank you.

tigeress2474
02-18-15, 06:03 PM
This is me too. Sad they did this to us. How many are up to lvl 35 anyways?

Sawabugh
02-19-15, 06:53 AM
This is such a big disappointment. If I knew this ahead of time I wouldn't have gotten my hopes up or worked so hard at it.

Head's up to others... I made the mistake of skipping the butter & cheesecake for 20 gems each since I am only level 26 only to find out the next steps are even more impossible for me.

I wasted 40 gems for nothing and all the work so far, too. It takes a long time to level up, I've been constantly cooking, visiting, meeting goals and still not able to complete this goal.

I don't think they should make level requirements for limited holiday special goals. I'll get over it, I don't take games that seriously but it sure will be easier to delete this game since it sure doesn't feel good!

PraxisOfGood
02-19-15, 01:03 PM
This is me too. Sad they did this to us. How many are up to lvl 35 anyways?

I am, and I was around level 25 when the event started. Unfortunately for those who think that level 35 is the target for finishing the quest line, it is only part of the story. Even though I have unlocked butter and lobster and made cheesecake, the lobster thermadore recipe is still locked because it requires expansion 8.

Honestly, though, I'm not throwing a tantrum over it. The valentines event gave me a cheap appliance with eventually five recipes that bring me closer to maxing out that achievement, and a premium wall accessory that I will probably never use. The fact that I didn't get a premium floor accessory that I will probably never use doesn't trouble me that much :)

babydollfire
02-20-15, 01:08 PM
I am, and I was around level 25 when the event started. Unfortunately for those who think that level 35 is the target for finishing the quest line, it is only part of the story. Even though I have unlocked butter and lobster and made cheesecake, the lobster thermadore recipe is still locked because it requires expansion 8.

Honestly, though, I'm not throwing a tantrum over it. The valentines event gave me a cheap appliance with eventually five recipes that bring me closer to maxing out that achievement, and a premium wall accessory that I will probably never use. The fact that I didn't get a premium floor accessory that I will probably never use doesn't trouble me that much :)

love this approach! I was never in it for prizes.. I just wanted to make as many recepes as possible. At first I thought I'd only be able to make cupcakes, I was ok with that as we don't have any sort of cupcake recepe in our book, while we cheesecake and sugar cookies... Then I learned collecting the 40 cards would unlock all of them, I was thrilled!! Bonus: a cute xo sign! (Btw I think it's cuter than the grand prize of the birds... When I glanced at it at first it looked like a wirey weird plant or Venus fly trap! Ha! Then I looked closer, and saw oh...yeah.. It's two birds.. On a plant. The sign that blinks is more cute (IMO)! Lol... But it just a bonus, happy to get all cards needed for recepes.
People that reeeeeallly desperately wanted the plant bird prize could buy it with gems at anytime, even when it ended it asked me, do you still want to purchase? No, thanks. Lol.