PDA

View Full Version : Drop rate for mermaid scales

truffle23
02-14-15, 12:29 AM
I just need to find out if it's just me or does the drop rate for mermaid scales seem extremely low? I have 3 ponds and 2 wishing wells and I literally click on them all day long every day - I am in the game multiple times throughout the day, and having severe insomnia, multiple times throughout the night as well and each time I'm in the game I will try to collect from each at least twice. On a good day I MAY end up with maybe 2 or 3 but this is after collecting from each many, many times each day. I usually am trying to collect them for Enchanter's Essence and Lumin Essence but now have stopped trying to make either one just so I can HOPE to get enough to make all 3 Romantic Blocks before I run out of time for the Valentine's Day quest.

I have debated spending money on gems to purchase the mermaid pond but a lot of posts I've seen basically say it's really not worth the money. I'm really tired of wasting all my energy on collecting from my ponds and wells :(

ShibuyaCloth
02-14-15, 12:39 AM
Scales is a rare drop. And yes you need to fish often to maintain your scale stock. Now you can buy a mermaid pond (with gems), it offer 100% drop rate, ~3 scales per fishing. Now once you have produced all that can be made with scales, you over flow. There for my mermaid pond is rarely used. It is a decoration for me.

truffle23
02-14-15, 12:42 AM
Thanks for the reply - do you feel like it was worth spending 160 gems on?

ciarjen
02-14-15, 01:13 AM
Thanks for the reply - do you feel like it was worth spending 160 gems on?

Yes it is worth buying if you need mermaid scales. I bought them because I was using up so much energy every day and getting very few scales.

Like a lot of the premium items in this game though, there comes a point when you don't need them. I no longer collect from my mermaid ponds because I am maxed out on scales and everything made with them. The biggest problem with the mermaid pond is that it does not drop normal fish so you are still going to need to collect from normal wells and ponds if you need fish.

truffle23
02-14-15, 01:33 AM
Yes it is worth buying if you need mermaid scales. I bought them because I was using up so much energy every day and getting very few scales.

Like a lot of the premium items in this game though, there comes a point when you don't need them. I no longer collect from my mermaid ponds because I am maxed out on scales and everything made with them. The biggest problem with the mermaid pond is that it does not drop normal fish so you are still going to need to collect from normal wells and ponds if you need fish.

Thank you I just bit the bullet and bought one! It's funny how that is though, everything I always needed at first (ie. sap, living wood...) I am always maxed on now.
I'll add you - I play Dragon Story (island name is Truffle Island), Castle Story (kingdom name is Truly's) and Fairy tale Wonderland (Truffletown) (I'm pretty sure I had a sweet tooth while naming my DS and FTW ;)

S8 ID: truffle23

Korlcek
02-14-15, 05:25 AM
On my calculations its is 10% drop rate for ponds and 15% for wells. Fish has the same drop rate of 40% for both.

PurpleScorpion76
02-14-15, 09:53 AM
I do get the odd fish from my mermaid pond, but definitely worth the investment. My mermaid scales is usually almost maxed so then I make another potion to keep it from maxing out. I'm nowhere near maxing on enchanted blocks and beams etc. I'm level 50 and currently upgrading my blythewood sapling / goddess tree and the belladonna plant line. So I'm a long way off of maxing completely and I've had the pond for months now. You'll love it when it gives you 3 water and 3 scales!

ciarjen
02-14-15, 09:59 AM
Thank you I just bit the bullet and bought one! It's funny how that is though, everything I always needed at first (ie. sap, living wood...) I am always maxed on now.
I'll add you - I play Dragon Story (island name is Truffle Island), Castle Story (kingdom name is Truly's) and Fairy tale Wonderland (Truffletown) (I'm pretty sure I had a sweet tooth while naming my DS and FTW ;)

S8 ID: truffle23

Ok, thanks. :)