PDA

View Full Version : Chimpala Egg

EviBrooklyn
02-13-15, 07:59 PM
This person just visited me. S/he has a chinpala egg on the nest, s/he is at level 9 and hasn't even expanded to the water element.
Chimpala expired a while back so it's odd to see this egg around
Did anyone get a different sale package today with chimpala instead of treebra?

http://i1381.photobucket.com/albums/ah236/evibrooklyn75/16E3E4CE-03C6-4743-9E88-5CCF5D41FC4A.png_zpsim9acsvu.jpeg (http://s1381.photobucket.com/user/evibrooklyn75/media/16E3E4CE-03C6-4743-9E88-5CCF5D41FC4A.png_zpsim9acsvu.jpeg.html)

Vodelle
02-13-15, 08:05 PM
It's possible that lower level players (I estimate level <15) have different packages.

When I joined there was a $5 value pack for the vampire cat, but the higher-leveled players had a $10 skeletal dragon instead. When I leveled up (past 15 I think) it actually switched over for me.

EviBrooklyn
02-13-15, 08:21 PM
It's possible that lower level players (I estimate level <15) have different packages.

When I joined there was a $5 value pack for the vampire cat, but the higher-leveled players had a $10 skeletal dragon instead. When I leveled up (past 15 I think) it actually switched over for me.

That will make sense
I will be pissed if they get gem sale and we don't lol

flowless
02-13-15, 09:01 PM
Are u sure this player is still playing
He could have stopped playing when chimpala was availble

zaccy678
02-13-15, 09:16 PM
Hi, I just started playing today and can confirm I was offered a sale package with a chimpala in it.

EviBrooklyn
02-13-15, 09:42 PM
Hi, I just started playing today and can confirm I was offered a sale package with a chimpala in it.

Thanks. This confirms all doubts. How much is the chimpala package?

zenobia42
02-13-15, 10:12 PM

ARGH! I really, really, really, really, really want the chimpala. But I was offered the Treebra, which I already won, instead. *bang head on wall*

zaccy678
02-13-15, 10:13 PM
According to my records it was the grand sum of $2.25 (au) ��

Vodelle
02-13-15, 10:32 PM
Okay, so here's what I don't get in regards to what TL is thinking.

As a newb, I was around for one of those $5 value pack offerings. In fact, I bought it! It did seem like it had some good 'value' to it!

Now I am an 'older' player, and all I get are really bad-value (in my opinion) $15 packs. But I was once a newbie who they marketed the better $5 packs to. I'm guessing their strategy here is to get people invested in the game in the hopes they will pay higher later on... but given that I had a taste of some sweet, sweet $5 value when I first joined, I'm actually less likely to pony up for any of those $15 animals. Like, ??????

EviBrooklyn
02-13-15, 11:10 PM
According to my records it was the grand sum of $2.25 (au) ��

I wonder if that will convert to US $5
But yes that's cheap and a decent price
Vodelle I get why TL is doing this and they do it all the time in DS but in the long run I don't think this technique will work as other players find out and will consider this as an unfair and deceptive way of doing business
New customers are always important but keeping the good ones you have might be as important
I'm still confused on TLs way of doing business

flowless
02-13-15, 11:52 PM
Now thats intersting

Pissing off ur older and loyal players
Who r likly to stick around more than newbis
Is an excellent markting business i guess

Not that i wpuld ever considering buying a package

WildAjjax
02-14-15, 12:09 AM
I started this game today (yay free gems for RS, which is the only reason I even installed it) and I got offered a package to buy the Chimpala and now I am glad that I did. Only cost me $1.99 and came with 10k gold coins and 3.5k food.

EviBrooklyn
02-14-15, 08:08 AM
I started this game today (yay free gems for RS, which is the only reason I even installed it) and I got offered a package to buy the Chimpala and now I am glad that I did. Only cost me $1.99 and came with 10k gold coins and 3.5k food.

Omg I will never EVER spend gems on speed breeding for TLs limited animals again
Meanwhile you did the right thing to buy it for $1.99 bc this animal was in the market for one week only and many were unable to breed it

Vodelle
02-14-15, 08:12 AM
Omg I will never EVER spend gems on speed breeding for TLs limited animals again
Meanwhile you did the right thing to buy it for $1.99 bc this animal was in the market for one week only and many were able to breed it
Unable to breed it, I think you mean. :p

WildAjjax - honestly, that's a good deal. Wait until you grow up a few levels and they start offering you $15 packages that you probably don't want. I would've bought the chimpala if it was offered to me for $2 (had I not been lucky enough to breed it already). It's a fairly unique design compared to what we normally get, too. (That said it's only a rare, but whatever, haha.)

readysetgo888
02-14-15, 08:42 AM
Wow, $2... lol wow... Do they really expect people who joined the game and bought an animal for $2 to EVER buy an animal for $15? Would anyone really do that? I sure wouldn't. But then, I wouldn't buy one for $15 anyway, especially not one I tried to breed or win and should have been able to get for free.

$2-$5 would be perfect, though. $10 if it came with a decent amount of runes. I'm just not getting why they are so much more than this. And talk about super unfair for some players to be able to buy one week limited animals for just $2??? Although I guess I should be grateful they are such a laughably outrageous price, and that they NEVER have gem sales.... I'm sure it's saved me a lot of money.

Thanks so much for sharing this with us Wild Ajjax... I find it very interesting.

Oh and the right thing to do is not get started with this game lol. It gets frustrating and greedy pretty fast.

Vodelle
02-14-15, 09:09 AM
Yeah, I honestly don't get it. I think the line of reasoning is new player is new, so they MAY spend a bit of money for fun, but best start low, because most players probably won't easily drop $15-20 on a game they know very little about. Which is fair - when I was new, I had to consider whether I could see myself playing the game down the line before I bought the $5 pack I was offered. (I figured why not - worst case scenario, I quit playing within a couple of weeks and am down $5.) But then all logic breaks down. You offer me $2-5 packs when I start, I am not going to buy for $15 later on, even if I'm now invested into the game. Because I know that's a huge ripoff and they could be offering me something more reasonable.

EviBrooklyn
02-14-15, 09:19 AM
Unable to breed it, I think you mean. :p

WildAjjax - honestly, that's a good deal. Wait until you grow up a few levels and they start offering you $15 packages that you probably don't want. I would've bought the chimpala if it was offered to me for $2 (had I not been lucky enough to breed it already). It's a fairly unique design compared to what we normally get, too. (That said it's only a rare, but whatever, haha.)

Edited... Thanks

EviBrooklyn
02-14-15, 09:27 AM
Yeah, I honestly don't get it. I think the line of reasoning is new player is new, so they MAY spend a bit of money for fun, but best start low, because most players probably won't easily drop $15-20 on a game they know very little about. Which is fair - when I was new, I had to consider whether I could see myself playing the game down the line before I bought the $5 pack I was offered. (I figured why not - worst case scenario, I quit playing within a couple of weeks and am down $5.) But then all logic breaks down. You offer me $2-5 packs when I start, I am not going to buy for $15 later on, even if I'm now invested into the game. Because I know that's a huge ripoff and they could be offering me something more reasonable.

They don't realize that when you're invested like me and others are and hear this deals to some ( newbe or not) it pisses you off... Seriously I'm not going to be played for stupid.. So im spending over 1000 gems ( over $30) only to find out they offer it to others for $1.99 or 5.99 or $19.99 for that matter
Well from now on I'll speed when I'm half way but im not speed breeding just to get a new release and if I miss on one animal SO BE IT... If they offered pegasus for $1.99 or super rares, I'll understand... But chimpala that it was there for one week... Mind you I have two but that's bc I spent way more than $1.99
I don't know who's on top of the marketing department there but they sure are doing a lousy job on keeping their paying customers...

I'm very pissed off on this Valentines day...

readysetgo888
02-14-15, 09:43 AM
They don't realize that when you're invested like me and others are and hear this deals to some ( newbe or not) it pisses you off... Seriously I'm not going to be played for stupid.. So im spending over 1000 gems ( over $30) only to find out they offer it to others for $1.99 or 5.99 or $19.99 for that matter
Well from now on I'll speed when I'm half way but im not speed breeding just to get a new release and if I miss on one animal SO BE IT... If they offered pegasus for $1.99 or super rares, I'll understand... But chimpala that it was there for one week... Mind you I have two but that's bc I spent way more than $1.99
I don't know who's on top of the marketing department there but they sure are doing a lousy job on keeping their paying customers...

I'm very pissed off on this Valentines day...

They probably figured hardly anyone was going to know about the $2 offer to new players... most players probably don't read the forum, and even us regular posters wouldn't have known if you hadn't happened to spot the egg randomly and ask about it. I'm really glad we do know, though. I mean $2?? Not even $5? I can't get over that.

Vodelle
02-14-15, 09:46 AM
They probably figured hardly anyone was going to know about the $2 offer to new players... most players probably don't read the forum, and even us regular posters wouldn't have known if you hadn't happened to spot the egg randomly and ask about it. I'm really glad we do know, though. I mean $2?? Not even $5? I can't get over that.
$2 sort of makes sense since it's only a rare. I would expect an SR to be offered for $5 (like the vampire cat was).

Even if they expect older players to not find out, it still doesn't matter because SOME of these new players (who may have bought packs, like I did) are going to level up and suddenly find way worse value packs later on. So they're really just shooting themselves in the foot either way.

I am curious if we get multiple people to complain to their customer support about it, perhaps they would pass it on to the devs/marketing people? I am 100% willing to pay in games (I've spent over $1000 on another mobile game so far) but FFS really doesn't give me any reason to do so. Which is too bad - I'd have no issue dropping money on this game if they had sales, or better things for sale, or better value given to ALL their customers and not just newbies.

kbli7355
02-14-15, 11:13 AM
Yeah, possibly. My second account had different packages with no animals before it reached 10.

EviBrooklyn
02-14-15, 11:16 AM
$2 sort of makes sense since it's only a rare. I would expect an SR to be offered for $5 (like the vampire cat was).

Even if they expect older players to not find out, it still doesn't matter because SOME of these new players (who may have bought packs, like I did) are going to level up and suddenly find way worse value packs later on. So they're really just shooting themselves in the foot either way.

I am curious if we get multiple people to complain to their customer support about it, perhaps they would pass it on to the devs/marketing people? I am 100% willing to pay in games (I've spent over $1000 on another mobile game so far) but FFS really doesn't give me any reason to do so. Which is too bad - I'd have no issue dropping money on this game if they had sales, or better things for sale, or better value given to ALL their customers and not just newbies.

I don't think complaining to support will resolve the issue. While they figure out how to resolve their own problems ( how to attract new customers while keeping the old ones), I sure will resolve my own problem... Not spending more than 10% of what I used to monthly... if that
This way at least I won't be pissed at what TL does
FYI... The only time I got gem sale in DS was during thanksgiving, never another one since then.. I know others are constantly getting 20-30% off and that's the reason I haven't spent a penny on that game

WildAjjax
02-14-15, 12:59 PM
I never meant to upset anyone with my news though I can easily see how it would be very aggravating. I too have been the victim of newer players getting way better deals on items after I've tossed a load of money onto the pile. Too hopefully make a few people a bit happier the "deal" I bought was 90% off for some reason. It was listed as $19.99 but was slashed and faded out, replaced with the $1.99.

I'm glad I picked it up but I surely feel bad for all those out there who paid a lot of cash trying to breed this thing. As a general rule of thumb I never buy gems on any games I play unless the deal is -really- worth it. I mostly bought it for the gold and food since I had started yesterday morning. I played DS around a year a ago and remembered how impossible that game was right at the beginning to make any kind of money or food and the goals just never ended, I fell into debt real quick. I'm so glad I read forums though (minority I know :P) but I will surely be giving TL no more of my money. I came into the Valentine's event with only 4 days left, not going to event attempt that and just have some fun breeding some funking fantasy animals.

I also can't really see the logic in giving me the option for buy something for $2 at the beginning and then my next "value package" is $15. Why would I spend that money? Not sure what TL is thinking really.

EviBrooklyn
02-14-15, 01:33 PM
I never meant to upset anyone with my news though I can easily see how it would be very aggravating. I too have been the victim of newer players getting way better deals on items after I've tossed a load of money onto the pile. Too hopefully make a few people a bit happier the "deal" I bought was 90% off for some reason. It was listed as $19.99 but was slashed and faded out, replaced with the $1.99.

I'm glad I picked it up but I surely feel bad for all those out there who paid a lot of cash trying to breed this thing. As a general rule of thumb I never buy gems on any games I play unless the deal is -really- worth it. I mostly bought it for the gold and food since I had started yesterday morning. I played DS around a year a ago and remembered how impossible that game was right at the beginning to make any kind of money or food and the goals just never ended, I fell into debt real quick. I'm so glad I read forums though (minority I know :P) but I will surely be giving TL no more of my money. I came into the Valentine's event with only 4 days left, not going to event attempt that and just have some fun breeding some funking fantasy animals.

I also can't really see the logic in giving me the option for buy something for $2 at the beginning and then my next "value package" is $15. Why would I spend that money? Not sure what TL is thinking really.

You didn't upset us at all, actually we appreciated your input in the issue. Soon you'll be one of us so good thing you took advantage of it... Chimpala was an animal many wanted and very few got it... It was in the market for only one week

readysetgo888
02-14-15, 02:22 PM
Yeah, definitely not upset... if anything, it confirms my feelings about TL and how awful it is that they always cater to new players over their older players... which confirms my decision to never buy one of these overpriced value packs.

That being said, if the Palmeranian should happen to show up for $5, I might just buy it. I honestly wouldn't mind occasionally buying one week limiteds for that price, $10 with like 50 runes. But I do understand why they don't consistently offer this. If everyone knew that we could get a limited animal later on for like $5, they probably wouldn't speed very much for it. But $15 is frankly always overpriced no matter what the pack includes.

This is sort of a separate issue, but for crying out loud, could we ever get a gem sale?????? If I found out that new players were getting those and I wasn't, I WOULD be upset lol.

WildAjjax
02-14-15, 02:44 PM
Soon you'll be one of us.

Yay! One of us, one of us. Lol.

One of the few reasons I stick with TL games even though most tend to be, or can seem to be very unfair or greedy is for the community. I know whenever a new event comes out or I find a bug, I can come to the forums and we can all cry and yell and talk about it together, which is always much better than than suffering or being confused alone.

This is sort of a separate issue, but for crying out loud, could we ever get a gem sale?????? If I found out that new players were getting those and I wasn't, I WOULD be upset lol.

I can confirm I have not gotten offered a gem sale, so no worries on that front. I also started FFS on my mother's Storm8 ID and got her a chimpala too because why not? We're at lvl 7/8 and nothing has popped up so far for new deals or sales.

Vodelle
02-14-15, 02:59 PM
Yeah, I don't think any of us are upset or angry at you. And like I think quite a few of us have said, $2 really is a great deal and if we had been offered something similar we would have gone for it. Just know that your days of good value packs are probably numbered. :p